Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why are british women so hideous?

You don't see this in other ethnicites so I'm kinda curious.

A select few get a period of grace until their mid 20s ,if they are lucky, and then it goes downhill FAST. I'm not talking about faces only, their bodies overflow into some formless mass of blubber too. And the fashion, my god.

Is it genetics?Diet? An ancient Indian curse?

by Anonymousreply 154April 14, 2023 11:52 PM

They did not do their 8th-grade Math homework; all people unsuccessful in life failed to do their 8th-grade math homework; it all comes down to that fact.

by Anonymousreply 1March 23, 2023 2:17 PM

No one cares about your british troll threads. Haven't you fucked Grealish up the arse enough times.

by Anonymousreply 2March 23, 2023 2:23 PM

This woman is considered a ravishing beauty there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3March 23, 2023 2:25 PM

Let's Be Upper-Lower Class British People That The Rest Of The World Doesn't Care About Except For The One Troll Who Obsessively Repeatedly Posts and Reposts About It.

by Anonymousreply 4March 23, 2023 2:30 PM

Is there any documented likelihood for an Indian curse? Were there historical Indian soothsayers actively working towards that means?

by Anonymousreply 5March 23, 2023 2:43 PM

Why is OP the ACTUAL CUNT here.

by Anonymousreply 6March 23, 2023 2:45 PM

[quote]You don't see this in other ethnicites so I'm kinda curious.

*points to Hawaii on a map*

by Anonymousreply 7March 23, 2023 2:49 PM

Another lazy troll thread by the brit troll.

Thread closed

by Anonymousreply 8March 23, 2023 2:51 PM

R2 R4 R8 First time I post about british woman. Did I hit a nerve?

by Anonymousreply 9March 23, 2023 2:52 PM

[quote] I absolutely love that nobody questioned why, everyone just understood

[quote] British boys (non-ugly)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10March 23, 2023 3:07 PM

tw: frau rage

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11March 23, 2023 3:10 PM

They all the to look horsey. I find women in general do be unattractive. I put up with you bitches going on and on about women but i wish you'd stop. I don't even like listening to women singers.

by Anonymousreply 12March 23, 2023 8:22 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13March 23, 2023 8:24 PM

Can we discuss Irish men next?

by Anonymousreply 14March 23, 2023 8:30 PM

It's not just the women. The British people are ugly because the healthy, attractive men were conscripted and died in WW2, leaving the ugly men to spread their ugly seeds, ensuring the future would be loaded with ugly people. Humans really don't deserve nice things, physical attractiveness being one of them

by Anonymousreply 15March 23, 2023 8:38 PM

Marjorie Taylor Greene says hi

by Anonymousreply 16March 23, 2023 8:41 PM

I found old horse Camilla more attractive than my stunning wife Diana.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17March 23, 2023 8:43 PM

She was not stunning.

by Anonymousreply 18March 23, 2023 8:45 PM

She was no Camilla.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19March 23, 2023 8:53 PM

^ Very average. So of course a great beauty in Britain.

by Anonymousreply 20March 23, 2023 8:58 PM

White Americans are uglier, fatter and have much worse teeth (I don’t mean tv and movie stars, I mean the methed-up and obese general population).

by Anonymousreply 21March 23, 2023 9:03 PM

I have no idea.

by Anonymousreply 22March 23, 2023 9:05 PM

Diana was average? I guess that's why she was in demand with style editors, had designers throwing their couture frocks at her, was in constant demand for covers and magazine articles, and was the most photographed women in the world.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23March 23, 2023 9:06 PM

She was tall. The face was average.

by Anonymousreply 24March 23, 2023 9:11 PM

Our department secretary is British. She only wears dresses and skirts. Her calves are massive; but not muscular. It’s like someone inflated them with jello. We’ve spent an accumulated two days of time trying to figure it out. She goes to the gym most mornings, she eats healthy at work…genetics we figure.

by Anonymousreply 25March 23, 2023 9:33 PM

Cankles?

by Anonymousreply 26March 23, 2023 10:23 PM

Why, I've no idea whatsoever you're referring to, OP.

by Anonymousreply 27March 23, 2023 11:01 PM

Whatever do you mean, Op? Just look at these lovely, buxom, bosomy, British broads 🙄

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28March 23, 2023 11:10 PM

Don’t like listening to woman singers? Join a friary. All manly gregorian chants every darn day.

by Anonymousreply 29March 23, 2023 11:30 PM

I'd like that very much r29!

by Anonymousreply 30March 24, 2023 6:36 AM

When did Datalounge become so vicious and hateful ?

Remember when Datalounge used to be fun ?

by Anonymousreply 31March 24, 2023 6:52 AM

I lived in London in the 80s and British women were very attractive then. They were also almost all very slim. British woman have very fine boned features and small frames, so extra weight looks terrible on them. And before anyone says it, Americans have also grown in size but have larger frames and features that enable them to pull it off better than Brits.

by Anonymousreply 32March 24, 2023 7:02 AM

Actually Asian women are the most beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 33March 24, 2023 7:05 AM

I don't know if the British are less attractive than people elsewhere, but in comparison to Paris and New York the people in London are terribly dressed. Even LA, which is a very casual city, is somehow more adept at day-to-day fashion.

Ironic, as so many of the legendary tailors were British.

by Anonymousreply 34March 24, 2023 7:13 AM

[quote]Ironic, as so many of the legendary tailors were British.

It would be, if it only applied to that one area. We had a thread about it recently:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35March 24, 2023 7:23 AM

I liked the girls around the Sloane Ranger period.

by Anonymousreply 36March 24, 2023 7:35 AM

How many of the American posters in this thread have been to the UK (or Britain or England - I know that most of you cannot tell the difference)? How many of you have ventured beyond the state lines of whatever shit state that you live in?

I’m assuming that the answer to both questions is “zero”.

The rest of the world laughs at you rubes.

Now carry on - must be time for either 1) a British teeth “joke”, 2) “we kicked your asses in in 1776!” Or, 3) “we saved your asses in WW2!”.

by Anonymousreply 37March 24, 2023 7:51 AM

this famous video made a lot of damages

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38March 24, 2023 7:58 AM

It’s the consequence of all the chronic binge drinking in that country.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39March 24, 2023 7:59 AM

I’ve long suspected that British women are so transphobic because they know that when men put on a dress they’ll look better than they do!

by Anonymousreply 40March 24, 2023 8:12 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41March 24, 2023 8:19 AM

Fuck you, OP.

Sure, I’m from the North West (Merseyside, even) where women tend to look like subhuman orange slags with caterpillar eyebrows, stuffed into sausage casings, screeching and stumbling about drunk in stilettos and vomiting in the streets then passing out spread-eagled, but we’re not all like that, I swear!

I’m pale, dark-haired, and blue-eyed, with high cheekbones, full lips, and nice, straight teeth (no braces required). How this happened, I have no idea, but my sister and I somehow ended up smart and decent-looking despite centuries of inbreeding. Go figure.

I have a university degree (English). I got carded well into middle-age (yes, I’m an old, but I’m a [italic]magnificent[/italic] old!)

My female relatives may be fat whore slags, but I’m not, so don’t paint us all with the same brush please and thank you.

by Anonymousreply 42March 24, 2023 8:26 AM

British men are so much better looking than their women. It's a surprise they have kept breeding.

by Anonymousreply 43March 24, 2023 8:56 AM

R43

Men are always much better looking than their female counter-parts.

Always.

by Anonymousreply 44March 24, 2023 9:03 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45March 24, 2023 9:05 AM

[quote] Men are always much better looking than their female counter-parts. Always.

True. But it's much more pronounced in Britain than anywhere else.

by Anonymousreply 46March 24, 2023 9:10 AM

[quote]Now carry on - must be time for either 1) a British teeth “joke”, 2) “we kicked your asses in in 1776!” Or, 3) “we saved your asses in WW2!”.

Must be time for a Americans-are-fat joke.

Despite the UK's obesity rate being closer to the US than it is to any other European country.

by Anonymousreply 47March 24, 2023 9:12 AM

R37 Im european, ur ugly and boorish.

by Anonymousreply 48March 24, 2023 9:21 AM

"Men are always much better looking than their female counter-parts. Always"

Sometimes yes ⬇️ ... And sometimes no ⬇️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49March 24, 2023 9:28 AM

Limited gene pool and unhealthy food culture. All that sugar in the tea can't be good for the teeth.

by Anonymousreply 50March 24, 2023 9:38 AM

That some British frau is determined to hold up that deceased princess as a ravishing beauty proves the point.

by Anonymousreply 51March 24, 2023 9:41 AM

"When did Datalounge become so vicious and hateful ?"

When they left some Tamagotchi pet level AI in charge of moderating.

It brought all the other Tamagotchi pet level AI to the yard.

by Anonymousreply 52March 24, 2023 9:52 AM

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Helena Bonham Carter, Elizabeth Hurley, Kate Winslet, Kate Beckinsale, Audrey Hepburn (British father), Nigella Lawson, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley come to mind immediately as beautiful. Others like Emma Watson, Emma Thompson, Emily Blunt and many others may not be supermodels, but they're very attractive women.

And those are white women who I presume to be ethnically British for the most part (I know Nigella is also Jewish). Since Britain is a crossroads nation with countless nationalities in the mix, it's hard to say.

If you are including British women of non-British descent, then women like Thandie Newton are world-class beauties, as well.

by Anonymousreply 53March 24, 2023 9:56 AM

R53

That raises an interesting point. Nigella Lawson is a good looking woman, but she's Jewish not British. CZJ is a good-looking woman yet she doesn't look British at all.

Of those women I would say that Elizabeth Hurley is the only one who one could very clearly identify as British and also call beautiful.

Kate Winslet, Emily Blunt, and Emma Thompson all have that very British 'oh, I've just sniffed gone off milk' expression on the face.

by Anonymousreply 54March 24, 2023 10:00 AM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55March 24, 2023 10:09 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56March 24, 2023 10:10 AM

Bizarre that this site allows posts that link to The Independent but deletes everything the poster wrote in order to punish them, but then won't allow anything to be posted with a link to the Washington Post.

by Anonymousreply 57March 24, 2023 10:11 AM

Smoking and excessive drinking don’t help

by Anonymousreply 58March 24, 2023 10:12 AM

Just one word to explain : booze (both for british men and women).

by Anonymousreply 59March 24, 2023 10:13 AM

What European ethnicity of women ages better, would you say? Czechs like Ivana Trump? Italians like Madonna? Germans like Angela Merkel?

by Anonymousreply 60March 24, 2023 10:18 AM

Ironically, those woman in R28 are there to see Camilla in the race today.

by Anonymousreply 61March 24, 2023 10:20 AM

r59

crisps

dental

inbreeding

by Anonymousreply 62March 24, 2023 10:21 AM

[quote]How many of the American posters in this thread have been to the UK (or Britain or England

How many Brits know that America is more than just the California, NY or Florida? How man know the difference between North Dakota and South Dakota? Illinois or Indiana? Tennessee or Kentucky?

by Anonymousreply 63March 24, 2023 10:31 AM

The real question is, why are most American women over 30 so stunningly gorgeous?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64March 24, 2023 10:34 AM

[quote]British men are so much better looking than their women. It's a surprise they have kept breeding.

Same goes for Italian men in Italy. They are really the peacocks of that society. With few exceptions, the woman are thin, in shape, have nice skin and straight teeth but can be average looking. Still miles more attractive than the British.

by Anonymousreply 65March 24, 2023 10:39 AM

Apart from drinking, life in Britain for many is an awful lot harder than in the U.S. That was especially true in the post-War era, but the difference still remains today, and it shows when you look at the people.

by Anonymousreply 66March 24, 2023 10:50 AM

The British sense of beauty is weird: Victoria Beckham is HIDEOUS.

by Anonymousreply 67March 24, 2023 10:54 AM

Beckham does have very British teeth.

I have British teeth, sadly. They're just so, so crowded.

I'm American, about 60% British according to Ancestry DNA, 33% Irish and the rest Scandinavian or Germanic.

It is an actual ethnic thing due, the theory goes, to British people farming grain for so long that they used their jaws less to chew meat and other chewy things, and so the jawbone shrank and left less room for all the teeth to fit into, so they end up crowded and crooked as they vie for space in the mouth.

Recent studies have shown that British people on average have superior dental *health* to that of Americans, despite the aesthetics. Americans just have straighter and whiter teeth due to more popular dental technologies, including standardized use of orthodontics and dental bleaching.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68March 24, 2023 11:04 AM

British men are not only better looking but they are uncut and not mutilated like Americans.

by Anonymousreply 69March 24, 2023 11:29 AM

Uncut AND thick! Brits have the juiciest cocks!!

by Anonymousreply 70March 24, 2023 11:36 AM

[quote] I lived in London in the 80s and British women were very attractive then. They were also almost all very slim. British woman have very fine boned features and small frames, so extra weight looks terrible on them. And before anyone says it, Americans have also grown in size but have larger frames and features that enable them to pull it off better than Brits.

Is this true about the slight builds? It doesn’t seem possible that they would be smaller, but it definitely explains that fat, sloppy look of the stereotype.

I know Amy Schumer isn’t British, but she is a good example of this type. She isn’t huge, but her face and frame just can’t carry the weight.

My family is of Irish descent and huge and the Irish-American families I grew up around were most definitely not small-boned, on average. Quite the opposite. I would think the physical characteristics would be similar.

R15, wasn’t that WWI more than WWII? . The UK was hit hard, but haven’t other areas had it just as bad or worse? Germany, Russia?

by Anonymousreply 71March 24, 2023 12:08 PM

I am male but I have a very slight build and as a result, I can actually harbor more fat, body-fat-percentagewise, than a person with a larger frame and get away with it. I am certain of that. I think I have a higher body-fat percentage than my sister does, but she has a broad frame and literally "big bones"—her wrists are significantly thicker than mine are—and doctors always comment on my healthy weight and always cricitize my sister's weight and tell her she should eat more healthfully. She is more physically active than I am and she eats tons of kale, chard, etc., that she grows herself. It makes me feel guilty that doctors do this. If they used calipers instead of scales and their eyes, they'd know better.

by Anonymousreply 72March 24, 2023 12:13 PM

[Quote]Actually Asian women are the most beautiful.

Spoken like a Gold Star Gay!

by Anonymousreply 73March 24, 2023 12:24 PM

Kiwi women, while not exactly "hideous," are rather plain. Aussie women are a step up for sure.

by Anonymousreply 74March 24, 2023 12:26 PM

Why am I so stupid that even though I am obsessed with the topic I cannot learn to capitalize "British"?

by Anonymousreply 75March 24, 2023 12:26 PM

[Quote]I’m pale, dark-haired, and blue-eyed, with high cheekbones, full lips, and nice, straight teeth (no braces required). How this happened, I have no idea, but my sister and I somehow ended up smart and decent-looking despite centuries of inbreeding. Go figure.

[Quote]I have a university degree (English). I got carded well into middle-age (yes, I’m an old, but I’m a magnificent old!)

Well, smell you! Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to grace us with your presence, Lady Frauwena of Humble-Upon-Brag.

by Anonymousreply 76March 24, 2023 12:27 PM

It's really remarkable how differently we are socialized to see Asian women versus Asian men in terms of beauty. I wonder where that came from. There is no other phenotypic group of features that is so polarized. Asian women and men have effectively the same faces, but with long hair and makeup they are seen as mostly beautiful and with short hair and makeup they are seen in the West as mostly without sex appeal.

by Anonymousreply 77March 24, 2023 12:28 PM

It’s not beckham’s teeth - I’ve never noticed them. It’s her nose and just lower face. Actually, never mind, it’s her whole face.

Tbh its not British thing. There are gorgeous/plain/ugly women in the UK, just as there are in every country. We can all find examples of attractive or ugly white, black, Hispanic or Asian women, obviously.

It’s just perplexing to me that Beckham is held up as an example of beauty.

by Anonymousreply 78March 24, 2023 12:38 PM

The % of hideous women in the UK is above average. Absolutely. And the better looking ones ARE rather horsey. It isn't much better in the former colonies of Australia and New Zealand either.

by Anonymousreply 79March 24, 2023 12:45 PM

We’ve got a lot of famous horsey women here in the US, though. Jennifer Anniston, Ann Coulter, Gwyneth Paltrow, Sarah Jessica Parker, Sidney Sweeney…..

by Anonymousreply 80March 24, 2023 12:52 PM

In terms of genetics, Russian women seem to have it worse. Can be beautiful until their late 30s, at which point they then develop those massive linebacker shoulders.

by Anonymousreply 81March 24, 2023 12:56 PM

The US exempts itself from being measured against ethnic beauty standards because we think of ourselves as a multi-ethnic immigrant country and therefore a mixed bag. We ignore that the UK and many other countries now also have huge populations of natural-born citizens with various ethnic backgrounds.

One could argue that—ignoring Native American people as Americans are wont to do—the original American stock is...British.

by Anonymousreply 82March 24, 2023 12:57 PM

This thread is stupid. Op is a moron.

Olivia Newton-John WAS gorgeous inside and out. She was born in the UK and raised in Australia. She was striking and extremely pretty for most of her life until the last years of her life because of cancer and age.

Sheena Easton is from Scotland. She was strikingly gorgeous for at least 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 83March 24, 2023 12:59 PM

So r50 are you saying that Americans are all so slender & fit because they don't touch sugar? And the southern backwoods gene pool produces the most stunning Floribama creatures in the world?

[italic] Pretty Little Karens & Bubbas all in a row ........

by Anonymousreply 84March 24, 2023 1:27 PM

British "cuisine" is really unhealthy.

Food in America is just cheap.

by Anonymousreply 85March 24, 2023 1:31 PM

Is Walt Disney's Goofy considered a classic American cartoon character?

That guy has the look of someone who has never seen the inside of a dental office.

by Anonymousreply 86March 24, 2023 1:34 PM

Cartoon characters are not people.

by Anonymousreply 87March 24, 2023 1:36 PM

I think it's presentation. It is customary in much of the world for women to use cosmetics and many countries have very long histories of what is and is not considered appropriate. This goes from the ceremonial use of make-up in cultures as disparate as India, Nigeria and Japan to the use of cosmetics as simply a way to enhance appearance in Italy and France since the early renaissance. The US discarded the British disdain for cosmetics largely because of modern media - the Gibson girl of advertising and the film stars of the silent age. By the 1950s, the Avon lady was a perfectly acceptable way for a middle-class woman to make some extra money - and it created a culture of make up as a thing to be used effectively and for different complexions. This crossed the color barrier - Madame Walker, the world's first black woman to be a millionaire, had a cosmetics company. The British didn't start using make-up widely until the 70s, when a high-camp aesthetic was in fashion and they seem not to have been able to tone it down much in the interim. So either British woman wear no make-up or they wear too much of it and whatever they do wear they tend to wear inexpertly. Plum Sykes wrote a piece for a UK paper where she returned from LA to London after a spa treatment and make-over by a top Hollywood stylist. She was amused to find that her friends thought she looked great - but that the very thought of looking great they found off-putting.

by Anonymousreply 88March 24, 2023 2:06 PM

[quote] She was amused to find that her friends thought she looked great - but that the very thought of looking great they found off-putting.

The British psyche in one sentence.

by Anonymousreply 89March 24, 2023 2:08 PM

People outside Britain now make fun of how British women do makeup.

There is a very distinct British makeup style.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90March 24, 2023 2:09 PM

I want to know why French, or at least Parisian, women do seem to look so much better as they age.

Obviously, they have a casual style without tons of makeup and most don't try to fight aging with disfiguring surgeries or ridiculously youthful outfits. But still.

I saw so many women in Paris who had the same kind of casual, pleasant elegance as the woman who plays Sylvie on Emily in Paris. It's not that women like this look anything like supermodels; they just look healthy and comfortable and confident.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91March 24, 2023 2:36 PM

Julie Delpy is another.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92March 24, 2023 2:38 PM

Some British fraus were obviously triggered by OP.

Don't look now, gals, there's a trans woman in your bathroom!

by Anonymousreply 93March 24, 2023 2:38 PM

Hey! My grandma was British!

by Anonymousreply 94March 24, 2023 2:39 PM

Once I watched a TV show while living in Japan that claimed that the city of Minsk has the hottest teenage girls in the world. And that might be true: certainly, model-grade girls were on every street corner in this show. I told this story to a co-worker with a Jewish grandmother from Minsk and she laffed saying the girls all grow up to be fat cows like her granny.

by Anonymousreply 95March 24, 2023 2:45 PM

I suspect the British fraus screeching in outrage are the ugly, homophobic klan grannies.

Diana was attractive but not beautiful. As she aged she wore her hair too butch and looked matronly.

by Anonymousreply 96March 24, 2023 4:36 PM

I think it’s generally true that there is a weird thing which results in “Englishness” lending itself more to male attractiveness whereas “Francais” lends itself more to female attractiveness.

That being said, I think there’s a certain type of English women who can really click into something once they hit middle-age - Jennifer Saunders, Harriet Walter and Leslie Manville seem more beautiful after 60 then they did at 30.

by Anonymousreply 97March 24, 2023 5:24 PM

Perhaps this is why British culture has such a rich history of men portraying women in the arts, from Shakespeare’s time, through the Monty Python era, continuing to the present. The attitude has always been “if they’re playing British women, no one will notice.”

by Anonymousreply 98March 24, 2023 5:57 PM

I often wondered why so many of those DM slags in the annual Ainstree spread had that gross makeup. Katie Price sports it too. White lips. WHY?

by Anonymousreply 99March 24, 2023 6:55 PM

British is a nationality, not an ethnicity.

by Anonymousreply 100March 24, 2023 8:38 PM

Just to clarify, no-one in the UK considers Pippa Middleton, Princess Diana or Victoria Beckham beautiful. Pippa is considered pleasant looking but with a nice behind, Diana was considered similarly pleasant but charismatic, and Beckham is a figure of fun for the entire nation.

by Anonymousreply 101March 24, 2023 9:57 PM

[quote]Just to clarify, no-one in the UK considers Pippa Middleton, Princess Diana or Victoria Beckham beautiful.

You haven't been reading upthread then.

by Anonymousreply 102March 24, 2023 9:59 PM

"British is a nationality, not an ethnicity."

Perhaps you also remind readers that "Africa is a continent and not a country" too?

by Anonymousreply 103March 24, 2023 10:00 PM

Who cares so long as they continue to produce beautiful British men, and they surely do.

by Anonymousreply 104March 24, 2023 10:00 PM

R102 Yes I did. That's why I was correcting them.

by Anonymousreply 105March 24, 2023 10:02 PM

Why is it when someone says, "I want to go to Europe" the reply is never, "Europe is a sub-continent and not a country" but when someone says, "I want to go to Africa" the response is often, "Africa is a continent and not a country?"

by Anonymousreply 106March 24, 2023 10:06 PM

R106 Maybe it’s a size ratio discrepancy thing?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107March 24, 2023 10:09 PM

I never noticed British women being worse looking than any other white European group. And as people mentioned British people are mutts, they have ancient Mesolithic DNA, Celtic DNA, Roman DNA, Germanic DNA, Nordic DNA and then all the immigrants that came after the British Empire thrown in the mix. I think consistent look is maybe dark hair with blue eyes and pale almost translucent skin. The poor fashion sense and unhealthy diet and lack of sun may play a role but what makes them different than Americans in that regard?

by Anonymousreply 108March 24, 2023 10:13 PM

They all have great legs and often large busts.

And when they're models, there are none better. [See: Shrimpton, Jean]

by Anonymousreply 109March 24, 2023 10:17 PM

There was someone upthread genuinely describing Princess D*ana as a great beauty. And I'm certain they were being serious.

And the media did make a big deal over the other princess' sister and we have the articles.

by Anonymousreply 110March 24, 2023 10:17 PM

Of Britain's most famous '90s models one is not British or even white, the other has looked increasingly lower class with age.

by Anonymousreply 111March 24, 2023 10:21 PM

I'm an American who lived in the UK and France for years. British women aren't style icons like skinny French and Italian women are, but they're miles better than your average American frau. Not only are Americans obese - of course - but we have lousy skin. Brits don't get acne like we do. Don't know why - maybe diet. So after acne glow has passed, Americans are stuck with pock-marked faces. Not a good look.

The most unattractive people on the planet are Irish. Eastern Europeans with the exception of ex-Yugos are also hideous.

by Anonymousreply 112March 24, 2023 10:25 PM

See I'd have to disagree with everything you wrote, R112, and I lived in Europe, too, and traveled all over.

by Anonymousreply 113March 24, 2023 10:27 PM

It's interesting how these conversations always go. British women just are poor dressers and seem to not understand makeup but doesn't mean they are ugly. Also British movies and TV tend to prefer less makeup and plastic surgery.

Off topic but I also find lot of West African and Indian women gorgeous with beautiful glowing skin and beautiful traditional dress. And when they're not covered up, Middle Eastern women especially Lebanese, Israeli, Algerian, Iranian and Egyptians are very beautiful though they don't age well as African or East Asian women.

by Anonymousreply 114March 24, 2023 10:35 PM

R113 - sure you did.

by Anonymousreply 115March 24, 2023 10:35 PM

It isn’t simply styling.

A lot of British women have an odd equine look to them.

by Anonymousreply 116March 24, 2023 10:37 PM

Big teeth R116.

by Anonymousreply 117March 24, 2023 11:43 PM

"You don't see this in other ethnicities"

Be specific OP. Britain has more than one ethnicity.

by Anonymousreply 118March 24, 2023 11:47 PM

Aren't Kim Cattrall and Gillian Anderson British? They're both beautiful. I don't like her, but I think Helen Mirren is an attractive woman. Queen Elizabeth was beautiful in her youth.

I know quite a few Russians, and a poster above is correct - they hit the wall hard after 30.

by Anonymousreply 119March 25, 2023 1:47 AM

They have to compete with us.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120March 25, 2023 2:14 AM

"Horse-faced" has been used in English for hundreds of years. Do any other languages have a similar common term?

by Anonymousreply 121March 25, 2023 4:13 AM

Whoever started this thread appears to think you can judge how attractive women in a country are according to their actresses. In the US, actresses are girls who were told they were pretty in high school. In the UK, actresses are girls who go to drama school and do Shakespeare in repertory theatre. In the UK actresses aren't chosen for their looks but rather their talent.

American actresses, being devoid of talent, have to rely on their looks to get jobs.

by Anonymousreply 122March 25, 2023 5:04 AM

[quote]…Nigella Lawson, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley come to mind immediately as beautiful.

If we’re talking about appearance only, Nigella is quite lovely and Rosie is overrated. Off-topic, but I think Rosie is just one example of a model hyped up by the fashion industry as a beauty. Gisele is another. The public and the media fall in line with this hype because they believe the myth that fashion designers are the arbiters of all things beautiful.

Rosie has a strong manjaw—an androgynous feature on a woman that designers have been obsessed with for decades (see also: Gisele, Freja Beha Erichsen, Isabeli Fontana, Casey Legler, Rain Dove). Sometimes it works. Oftentimes it adds a masculine harshness to a woman’s appearance. Look what it did to Brooke Shields in her late twenties after her jaw became more prominent. Brooke as a teen had looks that probably would be viewed as beautiful by any generation.

Rosie has fat slug lips, another thing fashion designers choose ad nauseam. It’s the shape of the lips that’s more important, not the size. She also has a wide nose that makes her eyes seem smaller than they are.

Overall, her proportions are exaggerated and the fashion industry loves that. Rosie is striking in her own way, but her features are a bit out of kilter to be called beautiful, at least to me. Without makeup, it’s more obvious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123March 25, 2023 6:24 AM

[quote] Americans just have straighter and whiter teeth due to more popular dental technologies, including standardized use of orthodontics and dental bleaching.

Actually, that's a little simplistic and very dismissive. Japan, Denmark, Italy all seem to have very straight teeth long before modern dentistry came along.

by Anonymousreply 124March 25, 2023 11:18 AM

[quote] British is a nationality, not an ethnicity.

Ancestry DNA doesn't agree.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125March 25, 2023 11:21 AM

You faggots secretly wish you were woman! Then you’d get the cock you desire.

by Anonymousreply 126March 25, 2023 11:24 AM

R119 I don't like her, but I think Helen Mirren is an attractive woman. Queen Elizabeth was beautiful in her youth. I know quite a few Russians, and a poster above is correct - they hit the wall hard after 30.

Your comment is funny because I agree that Helen Mirren is very attractive, and she has become more attract IMO as she has aged.

What's funny is that you say Russian women "hit the wall hard after 30," and though Helen Mirren is British, she's actually half Russian by heritage. Her real surname is Mironoff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127March 25, 2023 11:24 AM

[quote] her actual birthname is Elena Lydia Vasilievna Mironova

by Anonymousreply 128March 25, 2023 11:25 AM

[quote]Queen Elizabeth was beautiful in her youth.

No she was not! Average at best, but leaned frumpy in the making. Definitely not beautiful if she were just a commoner.

by Anonymousreply 129March 25, 2023 11:48 AM

Only in the UK could Lily Cole be a supermodel.

by Anonymousreply 130March 25, 2023 12:03 PM

R88 Oh, are we blaming make up now? I think there was a saying for that? Something something pig, cant remember.

by Anonymousreply 131March 25, 2023 1:59 PM

No way, R127! I had no idea that Helen Mirren was half Russian. There goes my theory! Maybe that's what it is about her that I couldn't quite put my finger on, her Russian coldness, that I dislike.

by Anonymousreply 132March 25, 2023 2:42 PM

I find them ugly on the inside. Very unpleasant, two faced, envious people, and I think it eventually shows on the face. I've lived and worked all over the world and have never felt as lonely as I do in Britain. It feels like the majority of people here are just devoid of basic empathy and compassion. There's a real mean spiritedness I don't see elsewhere. I spent a few months working in Miami last year, hardly a place people think of when it comes to the best of humanity, and yet almost everyone I met there was kind.

by Anonymousreply 133March 25, 2023 2:54 PM

R126 But we can get your Krispy Kreams tiny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134March 25, 2023 3:08 PM

I think after documentaries like “My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding” caught on back in 2010, Irish Travelers became iconic, and British women started imitating their style. Hair, clothing, makeup…the Traveler look has forever changed London’s fashion world.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135March 26, 2023 1:55 AM

R133 maybe you're such an asshole that only assholes in fucking Miami can relate to you.

by Anonymousreply 136March 26, 2023 3:39 AM

R133 Agreed, miserable, wretched people. Wish they went back to eating their feelings instead of posting here. Like it's so obvious they are bitter.

by Anonymousreply 137March 26, 2023 7:18 PM

I love bumping this thread because it triggers post sliding by retarded fraus immediatly.

by Anonymousreply 138March 26, 2023 7:27 PM

I assume this thread is authored by some member of Meghan Markle's demented fanclub as it gets bumped whenever attacks on the royal family do. Is Meghan's troll army on Twitter the old KHive or the BeyHive? Either way, they're absolutely nuts.

by Anonymousreply 139March 26, 2023 7:38 PM

It's not that the British are necessarily uglier than the Americans. On the one hand, the US definitely has more of a body culture,, but on the other hand, the US also has way, way more morbidly obese people.

However, you're being led astray by the fact that plain people are allowed to appear on British TV.

by Anonymousreply 140March 26, 2023 7:42 PM

R136 or maybe I just expect a basic minimum level of courtesy in everyday interactions.

by Anonymousreply 141March 26, 2023 8:55 PM

R140 exactly. Actors in the UK get chosen according to their talent not their looks. Actors in the US get chosen for their looks alone. Most of them couldn't act their way out of a paper bag which is why so many British actors get jobs in American films and TV shows which actually require the performer to have some expertise in acting.

by Anonymousreply 142March 26, 2023 9:19 PM

Also there are some shows which beautiful people just shouldn't be in. Compare and contrast the cast of The Office US.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143March 26, 2023 9:30 PM

... to The Office UK

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144March 26, 2023 9:30 PM

Trans trans trans drop the T LGB trans trans trans Im a obese loser with a pathetic life.

by Anonymousreply 145March 28, 2023 6:56 AM

Do the slide again fat, dance for me monkey, dance.

by Anonymousreply 146March 28, 2023 7:22 AM

Jane Seymour, Joan Collins and Sophie Ward are all quite beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 147April 1, 2023 11:59 PM

The royals are all disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 148April 14, 2023 11:14 PM

Not as disgusting as a D list starlet golddigger.

by Anonymousreply 149April 14, 2023 11:23 PM

R149 Camilla is british so idk what you're on about right now.

by Anonymousreply 150April 14, 2023 11:27 PM

R150 is the crazy woman who posts the terrible photoshopped memes.

by Anonymousreply 151April 14, 2023 11:34 PM

R151 Babe I have no idea nor desire to partake in whatever paranoid delusions you're having right now. Are you a british woman?

by Anonymousreply 152April 14, 2023 11:38 PM

R152 I'm an American gay man. You're an obese black woman trolling. Get Thee back to Lipstick Alley.

by Anonymousreply 153April 14, 2023 11:47 PM

R153 You should not stop taking your medication without talking to your doctor first.

by Anonymousreply 154April 14, 2023 11:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!