Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

50 years of drama and boredom in Genoa City

Who's going to the bicentennial celebration? I mean, 200 years ago.....Mrs. Chancellor was but a girl then!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600April 28, 2023 2:11 AM

Will Mamie be at the gala or will Nicki shove a tray of food at her to pass around to guests.

by Anonymousreply 1March 22, 2023 8:02 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2March 22, 2023 8:17 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3March 22, 2023 8:19 PM

Brenda played that scene so well. She was talented, you can't deny it. It was like a switch got flipped at some point, professionally and personally.

by Anonymousreply 4March 22, 2023 8:24 PM

Sorry, referencing the scene linked in the OP.

by Anonymousreply 5March 22, 2023 8:25 PM

Can it really be 10 years since Jeanne's death?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6March 22, 2023 8:37 PM

Walton must've gone in for some kind rejuvenation work since today's episode was produced last month, because her face wasn't nearly as droopy when she was on The Talk today.

by Anonymousreply 7March 22, 2023 8:39 PM

This is so good... Jill finally got that old bag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8March 22, 2023 10:13 PM

The dumb soap obese twitter queens think they make better opening sequences than the show! Slobs!!! They are all ass kissers and think tptb at Y&R are their best friends and listen to them. Those people think the soap twitter queens are fat losers!!!

by Anonymousreply 9March 23, 2023 1:44 AM

LOOL!

by Anonymousreply 10March 23, 2023 1:51 AM

Brendad is so much more arch in the later clip. So very affected in her speech. She was on her way to Crazytown.

by Anonymousreply 11March 23, 2023 1:58 AM

Brendad was on Match Game.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12March 23, 2023 2:00 AM

It's sad that the show is unwatchable nowadays. I started watching in 1983. I was seven (!) years old but I was riveted. They really knew how to build stories back then - Katherine and Jill, Lauren buried alive, Jack and Jill at the cabin and Katherine threatening to reveal the affair, the arrival of Nina, Lisa and her mermaid hair, Katherine and Marge, Cassandra Rawlins, Cricket's rape storyline, Nina shooting David, Ryan trying to romance Victoria, Jack wrestling with his conscience on whether he should leave Victor to die, Drucilla, Lauren/Sheila, Cricket/Phyllis, Nick and Sharon, psychos Mari Jo and Tricia. So many great storylines.

But the last ten years or so, I find the show unwatchable. No good stories. No build-up. No tension. No romance.

by Anonymousreply 13March 23, 2023 2:01 AM

I only enjoyed this show when LML was writing. She sped up the glacial pass, tossed out Bell's stilted dialogue in favor of more contemporary dialogue, and got rid of those two-minute close-ups on flower arrangements that used to preface a scene. Her Y&R was compelling and fun to watch. I'm probably in the minority here.

by Anonymousreply 14March 23, 2023 2:32 AM

Arch, R11? She should have been covered in pineapple slices and cloves.

by Anonymousreply 15March 23, 2023 2:34 AM

It's a shame, the dialogue at R8 was pure soapy goodness (though there was a great missed opportunity comeback when Chancellor called it adultery plain and simple: And while you were Mrs. Philip Chancellor what should we call what went on with you and the stable boys? Riding lessons?) But it would have been a great scene if somebody hadn't directed her to play it like shwas high on bennies. (Brenda, could you just shout every line? (sotto voce) 'Cause we're gonna hire Jess Walton next week anyway, darlin'.)

by Anonymousreply 16March 23, 2023 2:45 AM

Somebody let the OBESE soap twitter queens take over the show! They will save it! They brought back radio soaps as podcasts with 7 listeners each!!

At SON, Dumass Dylan has the SCOOP! And Vee who is in the biz signed off on the new TYATR opening! Vee is in the biz, you know! The biz!

by Anonymousreply 17March 23, 2023 2:47 AM

Gail Kobe and Pam Long ruined my TYATR! Where are Fat Traci and Fat Nina?!? I see Fat Nikki!

by Anonymousreply 18March 23, 2023 2:49 AM

Why did they give Katherine a mullet?

by Anonymousreply 19March 23, 2023 2:52 AM

SON is a MESS! Dumb Dylan is having orgasms over the new opening. Vee, who’s in the biz, knows everything. (Sidenote - Vee knows nothing) Vee is in the biz you know.

by Anonymousreply 20March 23, 2023 3:05 AM

Vee, who’s in the biz you know, is dictating every move at Soap Opera Network and dictating Errol. Vee is in the biz. Vee knows everything going on in the biz and at Y&R!

by Anonymousreply 21March 23, 2023 3:18 AM

The genius of Deven Green's parody is just how absolutely she landed the way that latter Y&R years Brenda spoke.

by Anonymousreply 22March 23, 2023 3:37 AM

R19 A lesbian in the wig, errr .. hair department thought Wilma Jeanne would look good in that one.

by Anonymousreply 23March 23, 2023 3:41 AM

Lady mullets (well, mini mullets) were all the rage for a few years in the 80s.

by Anonymousreply 24March 23, 2023 4:14 AM

New shots for the opening in Thursday's show. The actors appear to be dressed in their GOLLA finery that they were also wearing for the 50th Anniversary photo.

Also, they've changed the font and color used for their names.

Oh, and the headless woman walking at the end is gone. Instead there's a headless man and woman walking at the front end with the Y&R50 logo.

Big whoop. It's all very basic.

by Anonymousreply 25March 23, 2023 9:17 AM

Are the lezzys in the new opening?

by Anonymousreply 26March 23, 2023 10:17 AM

My Dear God!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27March 23, 2023 11:29 AM

Didn’t Jeanne get a pussy lift?

by Anonymousreply 28March 23, 2023 11:57 AM

I think the shot of Scoche Marin in the new opening is the best. Scoche has truly cemented herself as the definitive Katherine Chancellor. Y&R is so lucky to have her carrying the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29March 23, 2023 12:11 PM

Snatches have not been eaten.

by Anonymousreply 30March 23, 2023 1:30 PM

Brendad claims that Jeanne used to steam her pussy. Her dressing room smelled of dead fish.

by Anonymousreply 31March 23, 2023 1:55 PM

This thread is revolting. This show is celebrating 50 years of great drama, which is pretty amazing when you think about it, and to mock it with these stupid Scoche and pussy comments is pretty disgusting. The show and its legacy should be honored and revered. Josh Griffith has done a pretty excellent job of keeping up the bar of quality set by the Bells, especially given the shoestring budget that hack Sussman mentioned on a podcast a few weeks back, and he should be recognized for doing such a great job in these tough economic times. He's kept the show pretty true to Bill Bell's vision, and hasn't led it slide into parody, like those other remaining three shows.

by Anonymousreply 32March 23, 2023 2:19 PM

Mmmmmm fish

by Anonymousreply 33March 23, 2023 2:34 PM

Rotting from the head, evidently.

by Anonymousreply 34March 23, 2023 2:35 PM

Sorry, what does GOLLA mean?

by Anonymousreply 35March 23, 2023 2:36 PM

R32 is Kate Linder, working actress.

by Anonymousreply 36March 23, 2023 3:34 PM

The troll ruins every thread.

by Anonymousreply 37March 23, 2023 4:28 PM

R32 There’s nothing interesting about Yawn &Rested since Griffith has been back. He’s a boring writer. Soche is much more interesting than the boring show.

by Anonymousreply 38March 23, 2023 5:57 PM

Dear God in Heaven!

by Anonymousreply 39March 23, 2023 5:58 PM

Scoche Marin is the real deal as Katherine Chancellor, the true grande dame of Genoa City!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40March 23, 2023 6:29 PM

Esther!

by Anonymousreply 41March 23, 2023 6:35 PM

When they did the awkward Red Carpet photo shoot with the Chancellor-Winters trio, they had Abby and Daniel as bookends. This scene reminded me that Abby and Daniel were actually in a relationship back in the day It was when Naked Heiress Abby (Rylan) was in the role. During their time together, I believe Abby even had artist Daniel paint her in the nude. They should have him say something to her about that.

by Anonymousreply 42March 23, 2023 7:50 PM

I'm looking forward to the 50th anniversary special Monday night in prime time!

by Anonymousreply 43March 23, 2023 8:45 PM

It would be more special if were an actual prime time episode of the soap itself with a location shoot and some male butt shots like back in the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 44March 23, 2023 9:07 PM

I'm not sure a primetime episode could deliver compelling story or ratings in the current era.

by Anonymousreply 45March 23, 2023 10:36 PM

Jess Walton is the definitive Jill Foster Abbott.

by Anonymousreply 46March 23, 2023 10:41 PM

Why didn't the writers have Jill say "Welcome to my office?"

by Anonymousreply 47March 23, 2023 11:34 PM

Real Jill would have strolled into the Chancellor-Winters legal meeting and cooed, "Welcome to my Arbitration Hearing."

And after telling everyone there how it's going to be, she would have offered the judge fashion advice on wearing turbans.

by Anonymousreply 48March 24, 2023 12:29 AM

Welcome to my office.....darlin'

by Anonymousreply 49March 24, 2023 12:44 AM

[quote] Jess Walton is the definitive Jill Foster Abbott.

As crazy as Dickson is, and stilted and campy her portrayal was in the last year, she will always be the definitive Jill to me. Walton had none of the sex appeal or mischievous nature that Dickson brought to the role. Same with Peter Bergman as Jack. Terry Lester had that mischievous edge. I get the show needed to soften both Jack and Jill as the years went on, but I still miss Lester and Dickson. The scenes between Cooper and Dickson crackled with tension. Katherine seemed to really hate Dickson's Jill mostly because she was jealous of her and deep down knew that Phillip did love Jill. Whereas I always found Katherine was merely annoyed by Walton's Jill.

I agree with you r32 that the Scooche comments are nauseating and annoying but I cannot get on board with your JG comments. The show is deadly dull right now. And he seems to hate Sharon. Sharon Case must be the most patient person as she gets bogged down with lame stories.

by Anonymousreply 50March 24, 2023 1:58 AM

Dickson is "my" Jill too. With Dickson in the role, they were able to show the flashbacks from ten years prior. Nothing against Walton, and she certainly made the part her own, but even when Dickson was camping it up, you knew that soft, sweet girl, who really wasn't trying to hurt anybody, was still there underneath all the bravado and camp.

On another note, I saw the new opening. Not sure what everyone on Twitter is complaining about. Is it really any different than what they've already been doing? It's not like they're going to bring back Sandy Dvore's charcoal drawings.

by Anonymousreply 51March 24, 2023 2:11 AM

When I think of Katherine Chancellor, I think of Scoche Marin. Love her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52March 24, 2023 2:11 AM

What the eff is going on with Jeremy? Izz hee going to blow up the gala? I hope it takes out most of the cast so thy can have new peeps be casted.

by Anonymousreply 53March 24, 2023 2:24 AM

Bond Gideon will always be the definitive Jill to me. Those were a great couple of... days? Weeks? Months?

by Anonymousreply 54March 24, 2023 2:36 AM

R53 Phyllis is acting so weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeird with her kids, Daniel and Summer, in Friday's episode. Traci witnesses the latter exchange and describes her as "desperate and strange." I get the idea that the Jeremy-Phyllis caper might involve doing something to injure Phyllis (e.g. stab or shoot her maybe?) in some kind of far-fetched plan they've come up with to frame Diane for attempted murder???

On the funnier side, I'm laughing at Adam's snark when he deadpans to Sharon, "Guess we should go join the family ... and talk about Nikki's dress."

And Tucker looking bored senseless with his inebriated chin propped on the bar muttering, "This is a lot of fun" is comical.

by Anonymousreply 55March 24, 2023 6:36 AM

Here's Wednesday's L.A. Times article on the 50th anniversary with commentary on the dismissal of " four out of five breakdown writers" and some statements by Griffith. Sony declined to comment on the staffing changes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56March 24, 2023 7:43 AM

I hope the pay is good, because TSJ looks bored as hell, and has really started hamming it up.

by Anonymousreply 57March 24, 2023 9:51 AM

Another fucking Y&R wormhole, Mamie vs Jill. WOW, that's some soap opera stuff. Is Mamie the matriarch of the Blacks in Genoa City?

by Anonymousreply 58March 24, 2023 10:28 AM

R54 I wonder why Bond Gideon lasted such a short time. I suspect Bill Bell must have not been in love with her performance.

by Anonymousreply 59March 24, 2023 11:34 AM

Bond G was a strange replacement for Brenda. Deborah Adair seemed like Meryl Streep in compression.

by Anonymousreply 60March 24, 2023 11:46 AM

Y&R's first acting Emmys in each category.

Lead Actor: Peter Bergman (1991)

Lead Actress: Jess Walton (1997)

Supporting Actor: Shemar Moore (2000)

Supporting Actress: Beth Maitland (1985)

Younger Actor: Kristoff St. John (1992)

Younger Actress: Tracey Bregman (1985)

by Anonymousreply 61March 24, 2023 12:22 PM

Unfortunately, the deeply mentally ill troll who has four or five sock puppets is someone Muriel refuses to block.

We always have to deal with this deeply disturbed, broken, damaged person at the beginning of soap threads. The best thing to do is FF it, block it, and enjoy the silence. (And resist the temptation to engage with it.)

by Anonymousreply 62March 24, 2023 2:35 PM

The LA Times article is interesting in that it's a bit clearer of a picture of what happened with the writers. It initially sounded like Griffith was the sole survivor but now it sounds like he still has a co-writer (Amanda Beall).

It also sounds like Janice Ferri Esser is still with the show. Whether she was the fifth breakdown writer and remains on staff, or if she's doing it as a freelance, who knows. But obviously she was interviewed for the article, so there must be some relationship remaining there.

by Anonymousreply 63March 24, 2023 2:40 PM

Janice is one of the scriptwriters.

by Anonymousreply 64March 24, 2023 2:43 PM

Thanks R64. But the point remains....she remains, right?

So it was only the breakdown team that was axed.

by Anonymousreply 65March 24, 2023 2:46 PM

The budget must have burst paying for the fake paparazzi breathlessly shouting for arrivals at the 'Gala'. Nikki! Victor! Devon! Esther! My God what an embarrassment. Eric and Mel are looking tired. This was the opportunity to bring Brenda back. Camera shot on a slit dress, and leg. Pan up to nuOld Jill, cascading orange hair with a gay toadie on either side. Now that would have been more memorable than frog voiced Jess Walton croaking out 'smile...give them what they want.'

by Anonymousreply 66March 24, 2023 2:48 PM

Not sure what was more hilarious, the "red carpet" moments or Aunt Jack in a swivet over Ashley going to the gala with Tucker.

by Anonymousreply 67March 24, 2023 2:49 PM

I am sorry that people like Sara Bibel, whom I like, lost their jobs. However, I am still not convinced that getting rid of most of the breakdown writers is the sky is falling scenario that some would like it to be. I think they had to make a tough budget decision. Those breakdown writers being let go may have saved Eric, Melody, and Peter from having to take pay cuts.

And am I the only who thinks they're aging TSJ for this role, because he's too young for it?

by Anonymousreply 68March 24, 2023 2:57 PM

Bring back the gorgeous Michael Muhney, and watch the ratings shoot back up. All is forgiven!

by Anonymousreply 69March 24, 2023 3:11 PM

Lol yes. Watching the creaky ancients is what keep people tuning in. God forbid they don’t get paid. The show obviously doesn’t need a good writing staff.

by Anonymousreply 70March 24, 2023 3:53 PM

[quote] Y&R's first acting DAYTIME Emmys in each category.

Fixed

by Anonymousreply 71March 24, 2023 6:14 PM

[quote]So it was only the breakdown team that was axed.

That's what I remember reading.

by Anonymousreply 72March 24, 2023 6:27 PM

I hate the new opening credits. The photography looks fake, and repeating the formalwear theme is neither young nor restless. Bleargh! Speaking of formalwear, doesn't "masquerade ball" imply costumes, not mere formalwear with a mask? Double bleargh!

Also, didn't Phyllis steal Diane's engagement ring earlier in the week? How did it reappear in time for Jack to put it on Diane's ring at the end of Thursday's episode.

I hope Phyllis gets killed. For real. For good. Forever.

by Anonymousreply 73March 24, 2023 6:37 PM

Yes, the viewers are all watching to see Victor's overcooked bratwurst, and the moment where he farts on screen and a dust cloud billows into the air......

by Anonymousreply 74March 24, 2023 6:51 PM

[quote] I hate the new opening credits. The photography looks fake, and repeating the formalwear theme is neither young nor restless

Yeah, the new opening isn't different enough to make much of an impression, and the images are yawn-inducing. If they want something that reads 'young' and 'restless,' I'd suggest showing:

- Nick walking toward us, only wearing a low slung towel-wrap;

- Chance soaping up naked in the shower, turning with his butt pressed against the steamy glass;

- Adam leaning back on a bench in the steam room, slyly smiling and presenting sweaty pits;

- Nate pumping iron at the gym in his grey sweat-shorts providing a nice dickprint;

- Noah emerging from a swimming pool, dripping wet in a snug Speedo;

- JaBottom admiring himself in a full-length mirror as he checks out the fit of his new jockstrap.

And speaking of the opening credits, I always had to laugh at the shot where it looked like "Bradley" was getting a blow job and on the verge of shooting his load.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75March 24, 2023 8:16 PM

I made Y&R #1!!!!

by Anonymousreply 76March 24, 2023 9:36 PM

MEOW!

by Anonymousreply 77March 24, 2023 9:42 PM

R71 Were you confused? I hardly think soaps would be up for prime time Emmys.

by Anonymousreply 78March 24, 2023 9:53 PM

[quote]I wonder why Bond Gideon lasted such a short time. I suspect Bill Bell must have not been in love with her performance.

Bond Gideon, the Charity Rahmer of Y&R.

by Anonymousreply 79March 24, 2023 10:14 PM

We must always be clear that these people win DAYTIME Emmys, since the rest of the industry doesn't give a shit about these awards.

by Anonymousreply 80March 24, 2023 10:15 PM

Did "Bond Gideon"give up that weird stage name and go back to being Donna Hosack?

by Anonymousreply 81March 24, 2023 10:29 PM

I miss the days where we talked about plugging up toilets, eating snatches, Schoche Marin and Spicen and Serial Monticello Edge and Michael Muhney touching boobies. The good ole days! This Y&R 50th is as boring as the show itself.

by Anonymousreply 82March 24, 2023 10:33 PM

Mini-spoiler from Monday.

When wondering why Cricket is flying solo at the gala, Lauren poses her question by referring to Paul as the now-RETIRED Chief of Police. .. Christine tells Lauren that Paul is over in Portugal, since Heather and Lucy's recent visit was too short, and he wanted to spend more time with them. .. Buh-bye Dougie. .. How long before we hear Paul stepped off a curb and was hit by a truck in Lisbon? .

And bigger spoiler:

The dastardly duo's "master plan" has Phyllis telling Diane that JaBottom has become ill and is upstairs in her suite barfing his brains out asking for his mother. (He's not.) .. So they obviously want Diane up in that room alone for some reason. .. At the very end, Leanna sees Diane rushing upstairs followed by Phyllis, so she's immediately suspect that something is going on with them.

by Anonymousreply 83March 24, 2023 11:22 PM

I am so glad that Mamie and Nate and Lily had a scene Did Ashley and Mamie even see each other?

I loved the Jill and Mamie scene... it would have been cool if they showed a flashback with Brendad and the OG Mamie

by Anonymousreply 84March 25, 2023 12:43 AM

I cut the cord. Was the Jill and Mamie scene bitchy?

by Anonymousreply 85March 25, 2023 12:47 AM

r85

It was... Jill said shouldn't they bury the hatchet at their age and Mamie said NOPE

by Anonymousreply 86March 25, 2023 12:57 AM

YASSS! Stay Petty, Mamie!

by Anonymousreply 87March 25, 2023 1:01 AM

R84 Yes, Ashley was headed over to get in Leanna's face (Tucker's ennui was in full swing by this time), but before Ashley got there, she saw Mamie, so stopped to catch up with her instead.

by Anonymousreply 88March 25, 2023 1:56 AM

Chrissy was crowned Queen for a Day on The Squawk today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89March 25, 2023 2:01 AM

Why did Ashley go for Leanna?

by Anonymousreply 90March 25, 2023 2:34 AM

R90 Ashley could hear Leanna talking to some randoms about Neil Winters. Leanna wasn't saying anything bad about Neil, but I got the impression that Ashley had already had her fill of her and didn't consider Leanna worthy enough to even utter Neil's name.

by Anonymousreply 91March 25, 2023 2:43 AM

Neil gets more story from the grave than he got when he was here on Earth.

by Anonymousreply 92March 25, 2023 2:53 AM

This is going to make me sound like a huge asshole, but I think this is what we talking either above or in another thread about the way that Bell kept stories islanded. For instance why would Mamie be at a big gala like this. She was the housekeeper. I do get the feeling that Mamie may be somewhat of a problematic character now. Feel free to yell at me.

by Anonymousreply 93March 25, 2023 3:02 AM

New credits are god awful. Tracey E. Bregman’s name was spelled wrong yesterday but fixed today.

by Anonymousreply 94March 25, 2023 3:11 AM

R94 Tracey E. Bregman only appeared in the new opening credits for the Friday 3/24 episode, and her name was spelled correctly.

Are you confusing her with Petra LaBergman, who was in new opening credits for the Thursday 3/23 episode?

There's only eight actors in each rotation.

by Anonymousreply 95March 25, 2023 3:45 AM

R73, I got the impression that Phyllis did not steal Diane's ring. She took the ring box out of Diane's pocketbook and then put it back in Diane's bag at some point before she (Phyllis) left the Abbott mansion. She later mentioned to Jeremy that she saw the ring. Both Diane and Phyllis's pocketbooks were on the desk in the living room, so it may have seemed like Phyllis was putting the ring in her pocketbook when she was actually putting it back in Diane's bag.

by Anonymousreply 96March 25, 2023 3:46 AM

Is Dougie tweeting passive aggressively about Portugal Paul?

Isn't Phyllis almost 60? Why is she so obsessed with Diane?

You'd think that with Joshua still looking fine as fuck, Phyllis would be more obsessed with that slut Sally banging Nick? Or maybe Joshua wants to be seen with younger women on the show than Sharon and Phyllis?

by Anonymousreply 97March 25, 2023 4:14 AM

Sally looks hard and older than both Sharon and Phyllis

by Anonymousreply 98March 25, 2023 4:23 AM

Oh no! Eric Braeden has the bladder cancer. He’s a goner.

by Anonymousreply 99March 25, 2023 4:23 AM

It’s offensive that Bill Bell named the black housekeeper Mamie.

by Anonymousreply 100March 25, 2023 8:21 AM

And regardless of what happened IRL, Sharon and Adam still looked good together and clicked at the gala.

by Anonymousreply 101March 25, 2023 8:51 AM

Thom Bierdz is 61 today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102March 25, 2023 10:38 AM

When Thom was trapped up in his cabin due to the recent heavy California rain and snow levels in the Lake Arrowhead area, he was concerned that he wouldn't make it the C02 laser resurfacing and hair transplant appointments he had scheduled.

by Anonymousreply 103March 25, 2023 11:05 AM

Good lord - Miss Chrissy LeBlanc is the queeniest queen whoever queened. Just saw his segment on The Talk from yesterday. He’s a bit much. I would imagine that he’s tiring to be around.

by Anonymousreply 104March 25, 2023 12:34 PM

Just curious, why do y'all assume Mr. LeBlanc is gay? I've followed his career since he was on ATWT, and he's always had great romantic chemistry with his female co-stars. Just not seeing the gayness.

by Anonymousreply 105March 25, 2023 12:40 PM

r105

I wonder what his husband thinks? I wonder if he wears a t shirt that says I'm not gay but my husband is?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106March 25, 2023 12:50 PM

Every fag is an actress. LOL. I always loved that saying.

by Anonymousreply 107March 25, 2023 1:02 PM

What was there to hide, Chrissy? We ALL knew, decades ago.

by Anonymousreply 108March 25, 2023 1:11 PM

I watched TY&TR beginning in the 70s when it first came on and followed it for about 5 years before real life took over and things got busy. I loved it. Janice Lynde was fabulous as Leslie. Donnelly Rhodes was gorgeous as Philip. And Jeanne Cooper gave the very best when she came on the scene. Jill as a salon hairdresser doing Mrs. C's hair and worming her way into Kay's life. Loved it. So much was there in the show, I even have an original soundtrack LP of the show with all of the theme music and background material.

by Anonymousreply 109March 25, 2023 1:43 PM

I enjoyed hearing how Michelle Stafford and Sharon Case got their roles. I wish they’d have asked Josh Morrow as well. Wasted opportunity. I suppose they have a ridiculous time limit like 7 minutes total. Wasted opportunity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110March 25, 2023 1:54 PM

What happened to Sharon Case's voice? She sounds like a Queens fishwife.

by Anonymousreply 111March 25, 2023 2:08 PM

Stafford and Case are both Scientology turds. Nuff said.

by Anonymousreply 112March 25, 2023 2:46 PM

This show is the pits, but ironically the only great thing about it us Morrow's pits. I bet they're deep and dark and hold many untold secrets.

by Anonymousreply 113March 25, 2023 2:49 PM

[quote]What happened to Sharon Case's voice?

Mark Grossman's cock damaged her vocal cords?

by Anonymousreply 114March 25, 2023 2:50 PM

You can barely understand what Case is saying. Grossman for sure damaged her mouth with his cock.

by Anonymousreply 115March 25, 2023 3:02 PM

I didn’t realize I wrote wasted opportunity twice.

by Anonymousreply 116March 25, 2023 3:14 PM

I wonder if Jeanne Cooper was ever embarassed by shit like the link or she just laughed her way to the bank. Because that's beyond scenery chewing... it's flat out insane.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117March 25, 2023 3:25 PM

Or this crazy shit, a hundred years after....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118March 25, 2023 3:26 PM

[quote]I wonder if Jeanne Cooper was ever embarassed by shit like the link or she just laughed her way to the bank.

My guess is she laughed her way to the bank. I love old episodes of 60s TV shows, especially Perry Mason, when Jeanne or Connie Ford would show up. Both, competent actresses, who liked to go a little bit extra in their soap performances from time to time. If you think about it, that's kind of what soap audiences want.

by Anonymousreply 119March 25, 2023 3:34 PM

I really was shocked that Jeanne won an actual Emmy award. I was sure she’d never win because of her histrionics. I know she got a concession daytime emmy one year along with 9 other people. Color me shocked when she actually won a competitive emmy. Must have been slim pickins that year.

by Anonymousreply 120March 25, 2023 3:47 PM

The daytime emmys have always been a joke. When a hambone like Jeanne Cooper has one, but an excellent actress like Kathy Glass doesn't, you know the system is broken.

by Anonymousreply 121March 25, 2023 3:50 PM

Jeanne and Connie Ford walked, so hams like Kim Zimmer and Viki Sleestak could run. Or at least waddle.

by Anonymousreply 122March 25, 2023 4:01 PM

Jeanne's acting was just so unnatural in highly emotional and angry scenes. I'm thinking of that scene when she almost takes a drink and throws the glass and the mirror and screams, "NOOOOOO!". It's just cringeworthy.

by Anonymousreply 123March 25, 2023 4:35 PM

There was a clip somebody posted in the last thread with Liz Foster telling off Katherine. When Katherine says, "I'm telling you and everyone else, IT. WAS. AN. ACCIDENT.," she does this odd vibrating thing with her hands and voice. Awful overacting.

by Anonymousreply 124March 25, 2023 4:41 PM

Jeanne was not a very good actress, but she had charisma is spades and could make magic happen on-screen. Yes, I know, MARY!

by Anonymousreply 125March 25, 2023 4:56 PM

R117 I find her to be very subtle.

by Anonymousreply 126March 25, 2023 5:44 PM

There was no need to drag Grayson Hall into this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127March 25, 2023 6:02 PM

Can Grayson Hall moan though?

by Anonymousreply 128March 25, 2023 6:04 PM

You bet!

by Anonymousreply 129March 25, 2023 6:27 PM

So far the bicentennial is mostly a bust. Naming a room we'll never see again after next week in Neil's honor was anticlimactic as hell.

That said, Leanna Love is giving me life.

by Anonymousreply 130March 25, 2023 6:49 PM

Jeanne used cue cards for every scene, too. Anybody who knows anything about good acting would tell you only hacks use cue cards.

by Anonymousreply 131March 25, 2023 7:19 PM

Some actors would only use the occasional cue card as a prompt for a large chunk of complicated dialogue. By all accounts, that was not the case with Jeanne.

by Anonymousreply 132March 25, 2023 7:22 PM

I'm hoping they keep Leanna Love around. Soaps always need a slightly campy/truth-talking character like Love. The original Sally Spectra filled that role on Y&R. Love has history with a ton of characters --- Ashley, Nikki, Victor, Jack. It wouldn't be hard to weave Love back into the show -- ChanceCom or Newman Media hires the gossip columnist to write for it.

by Anonymousreply 133March 25, 2023 8:21 PM

That gala is coming off as more than a little sad. It looks like about 20 people milling around a library.

by Anonymousreply 134March 25, 2023 8:42 PM

If Crampton would be down for appearing once every month or so I bet they'd go for it R133. But the days of giving someone like her a contract role are long gone by.

by Anonymousreply 135March 25, 2023 8:58 PM

They could probably get Crampton for very little.

by Anonymousreply 136March 25, 2023 9:04 PM

Longtime viewers will recognize "The Neil Winters Jazz Lounge" as the former kink room located in the basement of the Athletic Club. (Note the same stairway off to the left leading upstairs; also, the light fixtures and curtains hanging in the room haven't changed.)

And back in the day, this was the same room where Grand Master Stuart Brooks once ran his Order with a firm hand. Stuart's trusted Masters were PC2, Mitchell Sherman, and Maestro Ernesto Fautsch. This trio was responsible for making sure Discipline, Atonement, and Ordination practices were carried out properly with new Apprentices.

In fact, it was the camaraderie among the Order that prompted Brad Eliot to remain in Genoa City. And whenever Jed Andrews was in town, he also took part in the rituals. Both Brad and Jed were highly adept at attracting and interviewing new Apprentices who were curious about joining. After they departed, Lance & Lucas Prentiss assumed larger roles in the Order.

I think the last time we saw this place was ca. 1980 when wealthy businessman Victor Newman first showed up and thought 20-year old gas station attendant, Paul Williams, might like to join. And apparently that happened, because within a year we saw Apprentice Williams helping Master Newman carry out his own private discipline session with Michael Scott. However, by that time, Victor had built his own personal kink room out at The Ranch.

by Anonymousreply 137March 25, 2023 9:20 PM

Crampton would come back for occasional appearances. She is very well liked in the industry and she is a big supporter of the genres that made her famous - horror films and soaps. I don't think the money is that important to her as she still gets regular work in horror films.

I would love to see Leanna and Phyllis lock horns. Love to see Leanna read that bitch.

by Anonymousreply 138March 25, 2023 10:05 PM

R95, Tracey’s name was spelled wrong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139March 25, 2023 10:11 PM

Why does Phyllis hate Diane?

by Anonymousreply 140March 25, 2023 10:43 PM

I think naming a room after Neil was silly, cheap, and unnecessary. I rolled my eyes and said, "Oh please." I was not watching Y&R when Leanna Love was on the show, but I like the little that I saw from the character during the gala. I wish they would use the GCAC set more often. I like it better than the Society and Grand Phoenix sets combined.

by Anonymousreply 141March 25, 2023 10:49 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142March 25, 2023 10:59 PM

Leanna Love started as a psycho but, I guess like Stafford, the Bells liked Crampton's performance and so she was moved from psycho to troublemaker. When she was first on she was stalking Ashley, but then she became a trouble-making vixen. She has histories with Victor, Jack, Jill, Ashley and Diane.

by Anonymousreply 143March 25, 2023 11:17 PM

R140 Their feud started long ago when Alex Donnelley was playing Diane and Sandra Nelson was playing Phyllis (1998). Back then, Phyllis became jealous of Diane over her lover Michael's growing relationship with his client, who was looking at millions from her divorce settlement from Victor.

But it really kicked in when Diane (now Susan Walters) framed Phyllis (now Stafford) for the Abbott poolhouse fire. Because of that, Phyllis was put on trial for arson and attempted murder of Diane.. When it all came out that Diane had started the fire herself, Jack and Phyllis used it as leverage against her to turn over custody of Kyle. Diane left town alone without being prosecuted for anything.

Perhaps Griffith is dong the reverse of that story and Phyllis and Jeremy are somehow setting Diane up to be framed. I wouldn't doubt something legal is coming our way, because when Christine mentioned that Paul is in Portugal, she also let it be known that she's going back to the D.A.'s office - meaning it's highly likely someone is going to be prosecuted for something.

by Anonymousreply 144March 26, 2023 12:02 AM

How did Neil die on the show?

by Anonymousreply 145March 26, 2023 12:24 AM

That idiot Dumb Dylan has to be FIRST to post any news at SON. Dumb Dylan HAS THE SCOOP!

Meanwhile, gross PervSudz is making fun of EB’s cancer. What a waste of space. Sick.

by Anonymousreply 146March 26, 2023 12:24 AM

According to Wikipedia Neil Winters died in his sleep from a stroke. Wouldn't that be a great way to go out?

by Anonymousreply 147March 26, 2023 12:49 AM

DUMB Dylan is an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 148March 26, 2023 12:52 AM

LOL! I don't see ANYTHING in this Y&R online prop auction I'd want.

How 'bout Don DIamont's vintage Speedo? I'm sure that would bring in a good price.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149March 26, 2023 1:08 AM

How is this show even still on the air?

by Anonymousreply 150March 26, 2023 1:40 AM

BOREDOM, R145

by Anonymousreply 151March 26, 2023 1:42 AM

Crampton was great as Leanna Love. She's been good to great in almost all her soap roles, save Guiding Light, where she was just woefully miscast (and a smidge too old for the part).

by Anonymousreply 152March 26, 2023 1:45 AM

r152

agreed... love her and jealous that she got prime VI dick back in the day

by Anonymousreply 153March 26, 2023 1:48 AM

Vincent fucked almost all of his costars - the ones his characters were paired with. It's almost comically consistent. I think Judi Evans may be on a very short list of one in terms of costars he didn't fuck.

Unless he's the reason Lindsey Hartley and Justin Hartley split up?

by Anonymousreply 154March 26, 2023 1:53 AM

Apparently, Vince found God in 1995, after his breakup with Barbara Crampton, and quit dating his costars.

So, she would have been the last costar, of many, to get prime 20something and 30thsomething Vince penis.

But the list of costars that did includes Kristi Ferrell, Signy Coleman, Kimberly Simms, Ann Hamilton and Barbara Crampton. Maybe a few others we don't know about.

by Anonymousreply 155March 26, 2023 1:59 AM

I really like Crampton, but I don't really need her around all the time, on contract. She's better in small doses. Five, maybe six times a year for a few episodes just to stir the pot and point out the hypocrisies in Genoa City would be sufficient. The show is really lacking in having these fun, recurring characters. Gloria would be another one.

by Anonymousreply 156March 26, 2023 2:00 AM

I like the gala episodes so far. It reminds me how soaps in the 1980s used to have large get-togethers, ceremonies, and holiday parties, where you would see many characters at one time.

by Anonymousreply 157March 26, 2023 2:11 AM

VI must have some serious Eyetalian horsecock.

Shame he's become a MAGAt.

by Anonymousreply 158March 26, 2023 2:16 AM

I always found VI the least attractive man in his age group on any show he was in.

by Anonymousreply 159March 26, 2023 2:24 AM

R149, someone might want Kyle Abbott's swim trunks. I don't see anything I would want, but I think the "Jack Abbott for U.S. Senate" poster is cute.

by Anonymousreply 160March 26, 2023 2:25 AM

The talk about VI reminds me that LML named his character "David Chow."

Y&R viewers were less than impressed and used to refer to him as "Dog Chow."

MAB decided to wrap that lame story up pronto After David died from injuries sustained in the car bomb explosion the night of the big Arts Council Charity Gala, his widow, "NIKKI CHOW," had him cremated and poured his ashes into a pile of horse poop.

by Anonymousreply 161March 26, 2023 4:36 AM

Should we buy JaBottom's trunks and ask him to "personalize" them for us?

by Anonymousreply 162March 26, 2023 4:37 AM

Nikki Chow

by Anonymousreply 163March 26, 2023 4:59 AM

VI loved eating my snatch.

by Anonymousreply 164March 26, 2023 7:50 AM

Vee, who’s in the biz, got upset that Pervertsudz made fun of Eric Braeden’s bladder. Vee is in the biz, you know.

by Anonymousreply 165March 26, 2023 10:20 AM

R158 You are not a funny troll, psychopath muthafucka.

by Anonymousreply 166March 26, 2023 1:03 PM

Vee, who is in the biz, planned the Y&R gala. Vee is in the biz, you know.

Dumb Dylan always has the scoop! Dumb Dylan, who has no friends, no life, and who doesn’t know there, their, and they’re, is always first to share big news at SON! He sits on Twitter waiting for the scoop!

PervSudz lives in a basement on disability and sits around and complains about soaps all day. It is gross and disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 167March 26, 2023 1:30 PM

Dumb Dylan is a gossip girl. Waits for gossip on twitter then runs to SON to post his inside gossip.

Pervsudz is always bitching about something. Always negative. Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 168March 26, 2023 2:02 PM

What was David Chow’s story? That was when I stopped watching for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 169March 26, 2023 2:16 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170March 26, 2023 2:24 PM

R166 You've confused me for Spicen.

by Anonymousreply 171March 26, 2023 2:49 PM

R171, I thought "VI" was referring to Spicen's frenemy "Vee" at first, too.

by Anonymousreply 172March 26, 2023 3:03 PM

No, sorry to confuse people. VI = Vincent Irizarry.

Who really and truly IS in the biz.

by Anonymousreply 173March 26, 2023 3:06 PM

Video preview ... And it better be more than a catfight that others walk in on, because I don't see how that alone would bring Diane down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174March 26, 2023 7:10 PM

Spicen hates Monticelloedge, who’s a crazy bastard.

by Anonymousreply 175March 26, 2023 7:12 PM

I think Gina T's Phyllis would be more volatile, and therefore more interesting, in a catfight with Diane.

by Anonymousreply 176March 26, 2023 7:14 PM

More volatile than this? I don’t think so.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177March 26, 2023 7:21 PM

Gina vs. Alex Donnelley would be epic!

by Anonymousreply 178March 26, 2023 7:24 PM

How about Traci, Gina, and Nikki in a violent catfight over the last eclair at the bicentennial party?

by Anonymousreply 179March 26, 2023 7:37 PM

Are we supposed to root for someone there? Diane and Phyllis are both annoyances and I wish both of them would burst into flames.

by Anonymousreply 180March 26, 2023 7:49 PM

I fail to see the appeal of 60-something grandmothers having a catfight. Where is the "Young" in The Young and the Restless?

by Anonymousreply 181March 26, 2023 8:28 PM

That's why Gina's Phyllis would be more interesting with this Diane. You would actually root for Gina. Who would root for the Staff? Her constant overacting and repeating lines are annoying.

Gina would be a legitimate threat to Diane because she brings actual acting prowess to her scenes.

#TeamDiane

by Anonymousreply 182March 26, 2023 8:32 PM

What's Gina Tognoni up to these days?

by Anonymousreply 183March 26, 2023 8:36 PM

R183 Playing the piano, quoting Bible passages, and promoting her friend's book about God.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184March 26, 2023 9:52 PM

Two soap topics that I wish I would never have to hear about again, Gina Tognoni verus Michelle Stafford and the death of Maureen Bauer. Those ships have long left the port and ain't turning around.

by Anonymousreply 185March 26, 2023 10:43 PM

Gina's a lot less interesting to me if Jesus is at the keyboard.

by Anonymousreply 186March 26, 2023 11:30 PM

Oh no. I think Gina's husband really pushed her down the stoney end re Jesus.

I guess Tom Pelphrey really fucked with her head......

by Anonymousreply 187March 27, 2023 12:04 AM

Why has no one killed Phyllis? She's the worst person in Genoa City.

by Anonymousreply 188March 27, 2023 1:23 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189March 27, 2023 1:37 AM

R178

I agree. Walters is okay as Diane but Donnelley would be far, far more powerful in the role.

by Anonymousreply 190March 27, 2023 1:53 AM

[quote]Walters is okay as Diane but Donnelley would be far, far more powerful in the role.

The reason Susan Walters was cast as Diane in 2001 rather than bringing back Alex Donnelley was because they were going to pit Diane against Phyllis. TPTB wanted someone who could go toe to toe with Michelle Stafford. TPTB knew that Alex Donnelley wasn't a strong enough actress to be able to hold her own against Michelle Stafford.

by Anonymousreply 191March 27, 2023 2:29 AM

Brenda Dickson is such a joke on DL, I'm actually quite shocked at how good her acting was in that clip.

It seems that she became more campy, less subtle, as she went on. And now is absolutely ridiculous.

It makes me sadder for her if she threw away a career when she could actually act.

by Anonymousreply 192March 27, 2023 3:22 AM

It really is strange, how Brenda changed. It's almost like two different people.

Either she had a breakdown or was on drugs OR something was happening on set - she was in fact harassed, or being directed in a specific way, or something....who knows, and B Dick isn't a real reliable source.

by Anonymousreply 193March 27, 2023 3:24 AM

R189 I never watch soaps. Is the underscore music always so hilariously bad?

by Anonymousreply 194March 27, 2023 3:27 AM

Brenda could act, but let's not pretend that in those scenes where she camped up Jill, it wasn't also fun. Jess turned Jill into a rottweiler. Jess' Jill is why Katherine became the heroine of the story.

by Anonymousreply 195March 27, 2023 3:28 AM

Kay was a cunt and a half.

by Anonymousreply 196March 27, 2023 3:31 AM

I liked the scenes I saw of Donnelly vs. Stafford. Staff isn't that great of an actress. She is good at hamming it up and being loud.

It is weird to watch Dickson in a clip from 1983 versus 1987. It really is like two different people. Both her looks and demeanour changed. More garish make-up, stilted line readings. She made it look effortless in 1983 but in 1987, she looked awkward, uncomfortable and lacked any of the confidence she had earlier. Maybe she did have health problems, because she seemed to move in scenes and looked like she was reading cue cards.

The thing I liked about Dickson's Jill is that she always reminded Katherine (and the audience) that Katherine was a drunk who killed her husband, whereas Walton's Jill wasn't the original, so the audience seemed to sympathize more with Katherine as the years went on, and many people thought that Phillip dying was an "accident" because Katherine would justify it as an accident.

The other thing about Dickson's Jill is that her Jill rattled John and Katherine. It's like Dickson herself could instinctively push their buttons. Maybe it's because they didn't like her in real life, but it made their scenes more interesting and tension-filled.

by Anonymousreply 197March 27, 2023 3:37 AM

*not move

by Anonymousreply 198March 27, 2023 3:37 AM

It was like Dickson had been told to watch Dynasty and do an imitation of Alexis.

She was remarkably good through the 1970s and around 1985. It's too bad very little of Y&R's early years are available to see, unlike B&B which has generously posted more than a thousand episodes on YouTube.

by Anonymousreply 199March 27, 2023 4:21 AM

The full Y&R catalogue was saved, just like Days of our Lives. I guess Sony doesn't see the cost benefit in converting all those episodes to a digital format.

by Anonymousreply 200March 27, 2023 4:24 AM

There was a YT poster who was posting hundreds of episodes. I guess they got warned because the episodes are no longer online.

by Anonymousreply 201March 27, 2023 4:30 AM

R197 People say that Donnelley and Stafford only had this one scene together. (Link below.) But Alex did great in it. Donnelley's Diane was written out a couple of weeks after this scene aired. The character would return 10 months later played by Walters.

The original Diane-Phyllis feud occurred when Donnelley and Sandra Nelson were in the roles. In fact, Sandra is the Phyllis who started the interaction not just Diane, but Jack and Michael as well. Stafford never worked with Bergman or LeBlanc during her first run either.

I love some of Alex's line readings. She was doing fine .. already pressing Phyllis' buttons. She had a cool sophistication about her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202March 27, 2023 6:13 AM

Agreed r202. I like both Donnelly and Walters, but it would be interesting to see Donnelly up against Stafford.

Unpopular opinion but I liked Nelson's Phyllis. I know she is probably the least favourite Phyllis but I enjoyed her version. She seemed even more cunning, desperate and sympathetic.

by Anonymousreply 203March 27, 2023 6:39 AM

Donnelley was remarkably good in that scene at r202. But I recall plenty of other scenes where she was the weak link, especially in scenes with Peter Bergman, Eric Braeden and Melody Thomas Scott. Over the long run, Stafford would have eaten Donnelley alive.

The same was true of J. Eddie Peck when Eileen returned in 1999. He would never have been able to hold his own against her. Show wisely wrote Cole off around the time that Ashley returned in the form on Eileen. If I recall, Eileen and J. Eddie never even had any scenes together. If they did, it was only a handful.

Similarly, Thom Bierdz was always the weak link in scenes with Tricia Cast, Jeanne Cooper and Jess Walton.

by Anonymousreply 204March 27, 2023 7:20 AM

J, Eddie and Eileen played husband and wife for about nine months during which time the deconstruction of their marriage took place:. That was from March 1999 (when ED returned) to November 1999 (when JEP exited. After the Rafael Delgado escapade was cleared up between them, I remember a lot of trivial arguments between the couple interspersed with scenes where they were trying to make it work (e.g. romantic dinners, sex, skinny-dipping, but it would never last.

by Anonymousreply 205March 27, 2023 9:03 AM

AD was let go as Diane due to BTS issues with producers and production staff. It had nothing to do with her acting ability or the show wanting to de-age the character. Notice she has never been invited back for a Y&R-related party or event.

by Anonymousreply 206March 27, 2023 9:43 AM

Wasn't Alex Donnelly more of a groupie type model who tried acting? She was married to someone in the group Chicago. Susan Walters is much younger, but the two women look a lot alike, and Susan's soap chops from Loving were always good. Michelle Stafford is of the ham fisted sect, another Jeanne Cooper who was campy fun, but exaggerated. I just get a headache hearing Stafford. If Phyllis colludes with Jeremy to set a bomb, I imagine he dies, and she's left holding the bag so get ready for a trial where Staff screeches her way through a defense. I guess they want the audience to feel sorry for her. Ha ha.

by Anonymousreply 207March 27, 2023 10:52 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208March 27, 2023 10:57 AM

Pretty sure Wilma Jeanne made a mistake in the clip in R208. At around 2:50, she says, "Your years on this Earth are WARNING," which makes ZERO sense. I suspect the line was actually, "Your years on this Earth are WANING." This is what can happen when you're reading your lines off cue cards.

by Anonymousreply 209March 27, 2023 11:57 AM

R209 and she was probably ripped....

by Anonymousreply 210March 27, 2023 12:05 PM

R210 Doubt it. I believe Wilma Jeanne's problems with alcohol were long contained by this point.

by Anonymousreply 211March 27, 2023 12:14 PM

Back then, Wilma Jeanne was heavily into the booze.

by Anonymousreply 212March 27, 2023 12:15 PM

Susan Walters is talented, for sure.....and has a hot husband

by Anonymousreply 213March 27, 2023 1:53 PM

She says “WAHning” in the clip, but nobody bothered to tell her that it’s pronounced “WAINing.”

by Anonymousreply 214March 27, 2023 2:32 PM

Can't believe the director didn't cut and start the scene over

by Anonymousreply 215March 27, 2023 2:52 PM

Dear God in Heaven!

by Anonymousreply 216March 27, 2023 2:54 PM

[quote]Jess turned Jill into a rottweiler. Jess' Jill is why Katherine became the heroine of the story.

Yes. Before the switch was thrown making Dickson into Dollar Tree Alexi and then Walton in to there's a lady here and she's shouting for some reason (who then became a Dollar Store quasi Texas matriarch, darlin'). But before then, I used to think Chancellor was actually on the verge of killing Jill some times. She was truly menacing and stalking Jill. It was real hatred. I can remember a scene with Deborah Adair just before the first marriage to John, when Chancellor popped up at Ma Foster's house to threaten Jill by revealing Phillip existed. She stalked her. They had to dial it back to get more milk out of that particular storyline but in the beginning Chancellor seemed actual crazy and Jill was the one trying to survive.

by Anonymousreply 217March 27, 2023 3:06 PM

I really miss Heather Tom as Victoria Newman. Amelia is not cutting it. I wish she would come back

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218March 27, 2023 5:03 PM

I think the dynamic between Kay and Brenda's Jill was entirely different than the one between Kay and Jess' Jill. BD's Jill and Kay hated each other's guts 100 percent all the time. JW's Jill and Kay were, in many ways, comic relief that would occasionally bubble up to detesting one another. Try and imagine Brenda in the garden hose or the cake fight scenes. It's difficult.

I would make sense though. By the time Jess came on the show, the feud was 15 years in progress. I think there would be some natural softening towards each other. The same thing happened with Brooke and Stephanie on B&B.

by Anonymousreply 219March 27, 2023 5:05 PM

Every so often, r218, as I am watching an episode of Y&R, I say a little prayer of gratitude when Amelia enters a scene. I do not think I could have continued to watch Y&R if Pinched Sphincter Girl had stayed. All hail Amelia Heinle.

by Anonymousreply 220March 27, 2023 5:07 PM

Heinle's been there 18 years and people are still mad.

by Anonymousreply 221March 27, 2023 5:14 PM

Heather Tom is soooo ugly. Was so happy when she left Y&R.

by Anonymousreply 222March 27, 2023 5:19 PM

Heather Tom only played the part for 12 years. Amelia has been at it for 18 now.

by Anonymousreply 223March 27, 2023 5:24 PM

I think people miss Heather Tom because she sort of embodied what Victoria was supposed to be in their minds. It sort of parallels the discussion about Brenda vs Jess. The part is Heinle's now the way that the part is now Walton's, but the change in actresses brought changes to the characters that aren't in-line with what long time fans are used to.

For instance, my Grandma was an Another World fan from the beginning. Even though I knew no one else but Victoria Wyndham in the part, my Grandma always said that VW's Rachel wasn't the real Rachel. Soap fans are very particular about certain characters.

by Anonymousreply 224March 27, 2023 5:30 PM

Heather Tom is such a strong and committed actress. And I often feel Amelia Heinle is just phoning it in and at her strongest, Amelia is a fraction of the actress, Heather is.

I admit Amelia is way prettier than Heather but originally, Victoria was supposed to be a young girl insecure about her looks in comparison to her glamorous mother, Nikki. If Eric Braden has to leave the show, Heather Tom is the level of presence and talent to carry the show.

No offense to Amelia - I still miss Heather Tom.

by Anonymousreply 225March 27, 2023 5:45 PM

HT's Victoria was just so damn unlikable

by Anonymousreply 226March 27, 2023 5:47 PM

What a shame there's not a show you can watch the Pinched Sphincter on anymore.

by Anonymousreply 227March 27, 2023 5:49 PM

Kay and JW's Jill had several physical brawls over the years (the church, the courthouse, the attic), but I don't think I've heard about any punches thrown between BD's Jill and Kay

by Anonymousreply 228March 27, 2023 6:09 PM

Then I guess that Heinle has created character continuity because her Victoria has no redeeming qualities. Every time she launches into one of her "I'm a strong businesswoman" screeds I just roll my eyes. Also not sure about prettier. I could overlook the aggressive overbite, but whoever does hair on the show must hate her guts because 90% of the time she looks like a mess.

by Anonymousreply 229March 27, 2023 6:25 PM

[quote] Amelia is not cutting it.

Especially not her hair.

by Anonymousreply 230March 27, 2023 6:34 PM

Heinle and Melissa Ordway are so monotonous, tepid and monotone in their acting and delivery.....I understand "naturalistic" but these bitches are just reciting lines and standing on their marks. No acting involved.

by Anonymousreply 231March 27, 2023 6:35 PM

I would be fine with the Victoria character being written out. But please no HT

by Anonymousreply 232March 27, 2023 7:06 PM

I want Heather BACK! as Victoria. And they can do a storyline about Pinched Sphincter Syndrome.

She'll win ANOTHER Emmy!

by Anonymousreply 233March 27, 2023 7:10 PM

My family alternated between "miss piggy" and "sourpuss" as names for HT

by Anonymousreply 234March 27, 2023 7:13 PM

In a medium that puts such a premium on appearance, you wonder how HT got as far as she has.

by Anonymousreply 235March 27, 2023 7:18 PM

[quote] If Phyllis colludes with Jeremy to set a bomb, I imagine he dies,

Doubtful there's going to be a bomb. That would be too similar to the explosion that rocked the GCAC during the 2010 Masquerade Ball.

This is personal . Phyllis and Jeremy are out to get Dianejenkins. They've now showing the big argument that takes place between Phyllis and Diane R174 with several onlookers seeing Diane choking Phyllis, screaming "I should do the world a favor and strangle you to death!"

Somehow I think Jeremy and Phyllis will do something to Phyllis to make it look like Diane went back to finish her off, so they can get Diane arrested for attempted murder. They've mentioned getting the engagement ring, so perhaps they want that to plant at the scene to make it look like Diane was there.

More major would be Stafford taking a break from the show for awhile, with the duo actually making it look like Phyllis is done dead. After the trial, and Diane is locked up for Murder One, we then see Phyllis and Jeremy lounging on an exotic beach somewhere. They laugh about sticking it to Diane, and we see flashbacks of how they faked Phyllis' death, and how Jeremy snuck into the morgue and revived her with one of those soapy magic potions. We then wait until someone discovers that Phyllis is still alive.

by Anonymousreply 236March 27, 2023 7:24 PM

I’ve watched Y&R since I was a child. I loved Brenda Dickson as Jill. But Brenda left in a storm of controversy and bad feelings. She has gone on to be a pretty unhinged character in real life. I understand why TPTB wouldn’t bring her back as Jill.

Heather tom is an award-winning actress who is still appearing on it sister showB&B as the woefully under used character of Katie Logan. Erick Braeden has health problems and who knows how much longer he will be able to be the patriarch of the show? They should bring Heather back to the role she originated and as a character worthy of her talents. Just my humble opinion.

by Anonymousreply 237March 27, 2023 7:25 PM

I still want to know what happened to make Heather leave. Something weird went down at Y&R where she wanted out of there, and she seems to be happy at B&B, so I wonder if she had a problem with Hans, Mel or someone else on the Y&R set.

by Anonymousreply 238March 27, 2023 7:39 PM

Didn't she leave because OLTL offered her a big part?

by Anonymousreply 239March 27, 2023 7:42 PM

R239 She was a recast Kelly (originally Gina Tognoni). She was OK - not sure if they paid her a lot but she was only on for about a year.

This was also when she did some horrifyingly bad Broadway play.

She pretty much ran back to California after that.

by Anonymousreply 240March 27, 2023 7:52 PM

Y&R wanted to reduce her number of episodes like they were doing to everyone else. She declined and left.

by Anonymousreply 241March 27, 2023 7:54 PM

R238 There's no mystery. Shaughnessey & Smith were told to cut the budget, and Miss Heather was the first one up for contract renewal. They needed to reduce her salary, and to do that entailed a reduction in her episode count. As I recall, it sounded like HT was willing to take a pay cut, but not an episode reduction. That's what was meant by her agent using the phrase "creative differences." She'd already learned the lesson that it's more important to keep yourself front and center and go for the episodes, because that means you actually have storyline. They dragged their feet, and OLTL offered her just that. Less money, but big story. Plus, OLTL said they'd work with her to allow her to do theatre work.

by Anonymousreply 242March 27, 2023 7:55 PM

I thought Heather felt she was not getting the same deal Sharon Case was getting. SC had just won her Emmy, and Sharon drove a lot of story. They were making Victoria jealous of Sharon, and it was kind of ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 243March 27, 2023 8:04 PM

[quote]In a medium that puts such a premium on appearance, you wonder how HT got as far as she has.

Because Heather Tom can ACT. She's given many powerful performances in all of the soaps she's worked on. Heinle can't hold a candle to her in the acting dept.

by Anonymousreply 244March 27, 2023 8:34 PM

It was very hard for me to root for HT's Victoria.

by Anonymousreply 245March 27, 2023 8:50 PM

Around the time Heather bolted, the plan was to put Bitchtoria with Michael LaBaldwin. .. But due to her departure, they had to quick, switch gears, so they put Michael and Lauren together, bonding over their shared interest in Poor Kevvie. .. And actually, this move is probably what let to David Lago eventually being let go. Because before that, Lauren was going to have some kind of toy-boy relationship with Raul. But his character suddenly became odd man out when Lauren was moved into Michael's orbit. Raul languished for awhile in the Bobby-Brittany story, but Lago was cut about six months later.

by Anonymousreply 246March 27, 2023 9:05 PM

Because Heather Tom can ACT. She's given many powerful performances in all of the soaps she's worked on. Heinle can't hold a candle to her in the acting dept.

That’s the thing about this. I imagine the chemistry between Heather and Jason Thompson (Billy) partners who can both really act. She kills it in every part and would be amazing as the lynchpin keeping Newman Enterprise together.

by Anonymousreply 247March 27, 2023 10:12 PM

R247 Can't we get someone who can act and not have the face of a pinched sphincter?

by Anonymousreply 248March 27, 2023 10:22 PM

[quote]They should never bring Heather back.

Fixed.

by Anonymousreply 249March 27, 2023 10:26 PM

Also

[quote] I have no taste

by Anonymousreply 250March 27, 2023 10:31 PM

I remember in the spring of 1997, HT left Y&R the first time. I was so excited we were going to have a Victoria without a pinched sphincter face. Then a couple months later, I tune in and HT was back! I was so pissed off!

by Anonymousreply 251March 27, 2023 10:31 PM

I imagine the chemistry between Heather and Jason Thompson (Billy) partners who can both really act.

[quote] If Heather had stayed with Y&R, they probably would have never put Victoria and Billy together, despite the recasts, because there would be the lingering mental image of her own bio-brother, David, in the role.

by Anonymousreply 252March 27, 2023 10:31 PM

^^^ whoops the formatting went askew

[quote] I imagine the chemistry between Heather and Jason Thompson (Billy) partners who can both really act.

If Heather had stayed with Y&R, they probably would have never put Victoria and Billy together, despite the recasts, because there would be the lingering mental image of her own bio-brother, David, in the role.

by Anonymousreply 253March 27, 2023 10:34 PM

In the latest edition, Soap Opera Digest is promising a very special May sweeps storyline that will change B&B forever! It says the Logans (including a special appearance by Patrick Duffy) rally around Katie as she enters the hospital to receive treatment for her Pinched Sphincter Syndrome. "It will be touch and go for a while, as Katie goes under the knife," promises executive producer Brad Bell. Will Katie survive? Will the surgery work? Will she have permanent scars? How will the other characters react as Katie faces another life-threatening challenge?

by Anonymousreply 254March 27, 2023 10:46 PM

R254 The article also reports that Amelia Heinle will cross over to B&B as Victoria Newman to comfort Katie and talk about Victoria's past battle with Pinched Sphincter Syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 255March 27, 2023 10:58 PM

Hey, it's not like looking at her zits.

by Anonymousreply 256March 27, 2023 10:59 PM

I remember Heather Tom being referred to as "Popeye" on one of those old message boards (Newsgroups?). Someone said, "Stick a pipe in her mouth, and she looks just like Popeye," and it caught on.

by Anonymousreply 257March 27, 2023 11:07 PM

Tuesday's episode is really good.

As one might expect, Nina shines in all of her scenes. And note, when Cricket tells her bestie about Paul going to Portugal, there seems to be a hint that things may not be all that Incredible & Amazing between them.

Nina reports that detective Chance is on stakeout, but thinks he's just avoiding Abby and that's why he wouldn't come. But will he? Perhaps they'll need a detective there for whatever happens, finally occurs.

On a funnier note, Nikki better take Victor home. It's obviously past his bedtime. In the scene where Victor, Nikki, and Esther talk about Katherine, Hans seems SOOOO sleepy and he's mumbling more than usual. I could barely understand him. Actually, I couldn't more than once.

All I'm going to say about the Phyllis and Diane scene is that Phyllis is TOTALLY NUTS. I don't think we've seen her act this crazy and demented, since she dressed up as a maid and trashed Sharon's hotel room.

by Anonymousreply 258March 28, 2023 12:39 AM

Watching the primetime special right now. It's really good. Pleasantly surprised.

by Anonymousreply 259March 28, 2023 12:51 AM

The Staff is better when Phyllis is psycho because Phyllis is a psycho.

by Anonymousreply 260March 28, 2023 1:11 AM

Ten things I learned during the primetime special:

-- Forget all those nasty rumors you've heard! .. Y&R has always been one big happy family, and everybody loves everybody else. .. So there!

-- Despite the fact that there have been 12 executive producers and 13 head writing teams since Bill Bell stepped down, every single one of these producers & writers continued to bring HIS vision to the screen during the last 25 of 50 years.

-- Eric Braeden remembers all of his lines all of the time because he's become expert at exercising the memory muscle in his brain.

-- William Bell, JUNIOR just cashes the check and doesn't watch Y&R any more. Maybe he never did.

-- Nikki was once bigger than Traci.

-- If Joshua Morrow hadn't gotten Y&R when he did, he probably would have been amenable to doing porn.

-- Shemar Moore got his lower teeth fixed.

-- Peter Bergman likes to rub it in that Terry Lester played Jack Abbott for ten years, yet it took him to win a Daytime Emmy for the role.

-- According to Jess Walton, the Kay-Jill feud started in 1987 and was actually a slapstick comedy act.

-- Y&R is at the forefront of writing great drama that depicts two men in a romantic relationship as evidenced by their commitment to feature that screen-cap showing Fenmore and his boyfriend, Trey.

by Anonymousreply 261March 28, 2023 6:24 AM

That special was stupid and not fact checked. Ashley did NOT have the first abortion on daytime.

by Anonymousreply 262March 28, 2023 6:29 AM

Spin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263March 28, 2023 6:54 AM

Mealor is family. No one can convince me otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 264March 28, 2023 7:15 AM

The SON queens are up in arms about the Y&R special! No one will ever please the basement dwelling SON queens! They think people remember Pat Randolph from THE ANOTHER WORLD!

by Anonymousreply 265March 28, 2023 8:28 AM

R264 Seriously. Do straight guys stick their hands in their pockets to tighten their pants and show their ass off?

by Anonymousreply 266March 28, 2023 9:16 AM

Last week he married his beard, and his bf was the first to congratulate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267March 28, 2023 11:57 AM

Wow. I enjoyed the special. Thought it was harmless entertainment. Then I come on DL, and find out the special was the most lying, insipid, worthless piece of trash.

by Anonymousreply 268March 28, 2023 12:19 PM

R265 Those queens were probably expecting interviews with Brendad and Janice Lynde.

by Anonymousreply 269March 28, 2023 12:25 PM

Brenda played Jill for a combined 11 years. Jess has played Jill for 36 years.

by Anonymousreply 270March 28, 2023 12:47 PM

R267 No homo! Just because Mikey likes the big Swicky dicky sometimes doesn't mean a thing! Just two very close bros bonding!

And sometimes bonding means working our tight cocks until those pearly arcs of ropy cream just SPURT out onto each other's washboard abs!

by Anonymousreply 271March 28, 2023 2:36 PM

One scene with the glorious Tricia Cast cements what a shit-tastic actress Melissa Ordway is.

by Anonymousreply 272March 28, 2023 5:08 PM

All of the characters played by Heather Tom seem to be really abrasive and harsh. It's like she doesn't know how to exude warmth in her acting.

by Anonymousreply 273March 28, 2023 5:09 PM

You'd have trouble conveying warmth too if your sphincter was in a constant state of pinch.

by Anonymousreply 274March 28, 2023 5:26 PM

A smile on the lips and and the liquid lava slips.

by Anonymousreply 275March 28, 2023 5:36 PM

I haven't watched the last few eps, Does Daniel and his Aunt Gina interact? HAve they ever actually?

by Anonymousreply 276March 28, 2023 11:50 PM

R276 Happens Wednesday. .. In fact, when Gina and her brother, Danny, are being welcomed by others, it's Gina who looks over and sees her nephew and wants to know the story between the obviously loved-up Daniel and Lily. There's then a scene with them. .. btw - It's said that Gina now lives in Los Angeles where she runs a restaurant there.

by Anonymousreply 277March 29, 2023 12:09 AM

R276 To answer the second part of your question, yes, Gina and Daniel have interacted in the past. In fact, when the rest of Genoa City were led to believe that Daniel and Lily had broken up, "Aunt Gina" was one of the few people who knew they were still secretly seeing each other. The young lovebirds took her into their confidence, and she provided something of a refuge, so they could meet in a secluded area of the GCAC, which she was managing at the time. One time, she ran interference when the parents came looking for them.

by Anonymousreply 278March 29, 2023 12:25 AM

I won't give away the "twist" that we're presented with in Thursday's episode, but all I can say is Phyllis' big MELTDOWN in front of everyone at the gala is EXHAUSTING.

I'm sure Griffith thinks he's written Daytime Emmy material for The Stafford, but honestly, I had to pause and take a break from it at least twice. .. She just drones on and on and ........ ON.

And when Jeremy enters the scene for the "big revelation," it's not just unbelievable (Danny's reaction, "Who the hell are you?"), but based on what everyone knows about Jeremy and Phyllis, rather eye-rolling to say the (Lauren's reaction).

by Anonymousreply 279March 29, 2023 10:42 PM

Nikki is such a petty snot. Her only reaction to Jack and Diane's engagement was that they stole the spotlight from her.

by Anonymousreply 280March 29, 2023 10:47 PM

Please give it away R279. LOL

by Anonymousreply 281March 30, 2023 12:10 AM

I just watched it on YT SPOILER

Phyllis and Jeremy are married!

by Anonymousreply 282March 30, 2023 1:44 AM

Also, the town rallies around Phyllis with genuine concern, and they all turn on Diane, who they assume drugged Phyllis. Victor leads everyone in reciting the Our Father as a prayer chain begins for Phyllis.

by Anonymousreply 283March 30, 2023 1:50 AM

What would their being married accomplish? This show is so bad.

by Anonymousreply 284March 30, 2023 8:46 AM

Michelle will win an Emmy for this. Peter's speech about Jack loving Diane was also stellar, and Emmy worthy. I am having trouble hearing what Victor says, I think EB may have had a stroke.

by Anonymousreply 285March 30, 2023 9:21 AM

Stafford makes Judith Chapman seem subdued.

by Anonymousreply 286March 30, 2023 9:45 AM

R284 Since Phyllis is taken away by paramedics, I'm guessing they might run with the plot device that, as her husband, Jeremy is now responsible for making medical decisions for her. But if that's the idea, they'd be a little off, because IRL this isn't automatic in Wisconsin.

by Anonymousreply 287March 30, 2023 10:25 AM

Phyllis STARK, as in raving mad.

by Anonymousreply 288March 30, 2023 7:26 PM

50 years of this soap, and zero subtlety. Hammy actors, shit writing, And worst of all, these dinosaurs won't retire. Braeden, Thomas Scott, Bergman need to GO.

by Anonymousreply 289March 30, 2023 7:57 PM

At least they're not in hyperbaric chambers from Dollar Tree after being shot up with sci-fi juice and taking trips to heaven and hell in orthopedic loafers.

by Anonymousreply 290March 30, 2023 8:19 PM

Days is at least entertaining, the dialogue is clever, and the sex is hot. Y&R is just boring AF.

by Anonymousreply 291March 30, 2023 8:22 PM

IF you like cartoons.

by Anonymousreply 292March 30, 2023 8:30 PM

CBS should have just played this instead of the 50th nonsense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293March 30, 2023 9:20 PM

Has Brenda jum jumped out of the bicentennial cake yet saying WELL HELLO!?

by Anonymousreply 294March 30, 2023 10:06 PM

I've enjoyed the last week or so because of all the old faces...I wish they would stay

by Anonymousreply 295March 30, 2023 10:19 PM

Phyllis actually fakes her death.

by Anonymousreply 296March 31, 2023 1:08 AM

It was great to see a real actress, Mischael Morgan (Amanda) on this embarrassing shit show.

by Anonymousreply 297March 31, 2023 3:37 PM

I was thinking yesterday how much I like Amanda, r297, and what a dumbass Devon is for cheating on her with Abby.

by Anonymousreply 298March 31, 2023 4:09 PM

What is the attraction between Devon and Abby? He's a shrimp, she would never be interested in him. And she's a moron.

by Anonymousreply 299March 31, 2023 4:54 PM

R291 makes an important point. Whatever the other shows are like, Y&R is boring as fuck. It really hasn't been young in twenty years.

by Anonymousreply 300March 31, 2023 5:06 PM

Donny Boaz's Chance would've beaten Devon's ass.

by Anonymousreply 301March 31, 2023 5:08 PM

Here, gurls, wet your panties.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302March 31, 2023 5:49 PM

R297 It certainly was. Mischael really shined in her scenes . But that said, I really wouldn't want her in anything with DuhVon again.

by Anonymousreply 303March 31, 2023 7:42 PM

R300 Which is odd, and maybe part of the network micromanaging we've heard about? .. Because Griffith can write young characters. He did so on the "Hollywood Heights" telenovela for Nick, which was actually pretty good (imo). Plus, he's the HW who actually gave us the last teen-based story on Y&R that I actually liked: the Summer-Fen-Jamie bullying story (2012-13).

by Anonymousreply 304March 31, 2023 7:51 PM

Y&R is such definitely misnamed these days! There's nothing young about it and not that much that's restless about it either.

Both Days and GH are investing in teen and young adult stories in attempts to grab the attention of the next generation of soap view.

Y&R seems to have no interest in doing that. They wrote off the two teens they had -- Faith and Moses -- and instead play the veterans four and five days a week. Longtime viewers love seeing the vets they've come to love over the years, but it comes at a cost of the younger view.

by Anonymousreply 305March 31, 2023 8:08 PM

Shemar didn't turn up for the real-life 50th Anniversary party. You'd think he'd want to show off his baby mama to let everyone know one more time that he's just procreated.

by Anonymousreply 306March 31, 2023 8:21 PM

No matter how many times they try to make Devon the next Neil or Malcolm it isn't going to work.

by Anonymousreply 307April 1, 2023 2:37 AM

The fire ... the crash ... the explosion!

. And of course, before it happened, the sketchy paramedic in the ambulance manages to draw blood for a tox screen showing poison in Syphyllis' blood.

But even if she gets Diane thrown in jail for a bogus crime, wouldn't faking her own death mean she can't ever come back or reveal herself, otherwise the whole scheme would be blown, and she'd end up in jail?

Doesn't sound too smart.

by Anonymousreply 308April 1, 2023 11:59 AM

Does this mean a lengthy absence for Stafford? If so, it's a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 309April 1, 2023 6:01 PM

R309 Yeah, I thought that too, and it might be worth seeing Diane go to jail for murder just to accomplish THAT lol ... ; But then I started thinking, what if they make things even worse with Stafford and have her walking around town in some kind of lame ass disguise?. .. Recall, years ago she fashioned herself to be "Sandra King," a reporter from Atlanta, and put on a disguise and gave us her attempt at a Southern accent. .. Something like that would be on the order of "dead" David Kimble coming back as Colonel Sanders (Jim Adams).

by Anonymousreply 310April 1, 2023 7:06 PM

This would be a good time to swap Gina T. back in as Phyllis.

by Anonymousreply 311April 1, 2023 10:23 PM

Did someone say Colonel Sanders??!??

by Anonymousreply 312April 1, 2023 10:24 PM

Hell, even bring Sandra Nelson back! She exuded Phyllis' cray cray

by Anonymousreply 313April 1, 2023 10:25 PM

Well Diane faked her death and came back, so...

by Anonymousreply 314April 1, 2023 10:26 PM

r314 Yes she did following a 12-year absence.

by Anonymousreply 315April 1, 2023 10:28 PM

I want Phyllis to die for real. And take that greaseball Stark with her. I'd settle for a moratorium on them both: no one will ever mention them ever again, as if they had never existed, like with Morgan Winthrop on AW or the woman who fell UP the stairs on ATWT.

by Anonymousreply 316April 1, 2023 10:29 PM

R311 Unless The Stafford wanted to quit Y&R that would probably never happen. Recall, it was Co-EPs Morina & Griffith (also HW) who jettisoned Tognoni to get Stafford back in. It was one of the first things they announced they were doing after Mal Young got the boot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317April 1, 2023 10:42 PM

Let's do something different and have Phyllis have surgery to transition to being a hot ginger guy,

No one suspects a thing.

And Jeremy doesn't have a problem with his wife being his husband, because he's bisexual (something that should be easy for James Hyde to play).

Things go a little a little haywire, though, when trans-Phyllis starts working at Jabot, so that he can still be around his daughter, Summer. By this time, JaBottom has had his fling with Audra pegging him senseless, so Summer seeks comfort from her new co-worker not realizing that he is actually her mother.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318April 1, 2023 11:03 PM

Howzabout we fling Phyl into the ocean and bring on a new core family featuring said hot ginger guy.

by Anonymousreply 319April 1, 2023 11:39 PM

I wonder if anyone will remember to call Aunt Avery?

As I recall, they were on good terms when Avery left town (and GT) was in the role.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320April 2, 2023 12:18 AM

I always liked Avery. Was sorry to see her leave.

Would be nice if she returned to check on her sister and then stuck around.

by Anonymousreply 321April 2, 2023 12:33 AM

Maybe Avery can come to town for Phyllis' funeral and stay on a while.

by Anonymousreply 322April 2, 2023 12:35 AM

This seems kind similar to the Vivian versus Carly storyline from the 90s on Days. Vivian set up Carly for her "death". Vivian set up a big fight scene for people to either overhear or witness and when Vivian fell off the balcony it sort of looked like Carly pushed her. Unfortunately, Y&R wont go the next step and have Phyllis faking a coma and dressing up in a nurse's disguise to give dying patients bleach injections. But the root of the story is kind of the same.

by Anonymousreply 323April 2, 2023 12:46 AM

Speaking of balconies, Vanessa Prentiss didn't just fake her death to frame Lorie Brooks for murder, she actually went through with it.

Anything less than that is amateurish.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324April 2, 2023 1:18 AM

Toldja I was hardcore!

by Anonymousreply 325April 2, 2023 1:25 AM

Where are Victor Newman’s grandson, Noah Newman and Jack Abbott’s granddaughter, Allie Nguyen? Did they even bother to explain their absence?

by Anonymousreply 326April 2, 2023 3:21 PM

WHO???

by Anonymousreply 327April 2, 2023 4:27 PM

So the Vietnamese branch of Aunt Jack's opera company has been tossed overboard again?

by Anonymousreply 328April 2, 2023 5:02 PM

The only way to make Jack's Vietnamese granddaughter interesting would have been to make her a hardcore communist who railed against Jabot, or fat shamed Tracy for gorging on cheeseburgers while her ancestors ate out of rice fields. Noah? Bleh. Robert Adamson was smoking hot, but was less than 10 years younger than his tv mama, Sharon Case. The NuNoah was boring. The only good thing he brought was Audra, who is the scheming bitch the show needs.

by Anonymousreply 329April 2, 2023 6:19 PM

Noah and Allie were both bumped to recurring months ago, so at this point they're non-essential. .. And with budgets tight, casting for the Gala had to pay for the return of the five guest vets we did get. .. Notice Mariah and Tessa didn't make it back for the big party either. They're basically island-ed.

by Anonymousreply 330April 2, 2023 7:13 PM

I find it so strange that the show can't write for Noah. Which is probably indicative of the show's main flaw. I just assumed that they created the Glow by Jabot Kids as the next generation, but that didn't work.

by Anonymousreply 331April 2, 2023 7:42 PM

[quote]I find it so strange that the show can't write for Noah.

If only they'd paired Noah with Chance.

by Anonymousreply 332April 2, 2023 7:44 PM

The show can't write a decent story for anyone under 40.

And Allie was just the latest character that ate the show for a minute and had mega story....only to be never heard from again. Theo, Ashland....

by Anonymousreply 333April 2, 2023 8:27 PM

[quote] I just assumed that they created the Glow by Jabot Kids as the next generation, but that didn't work.

The original six Kids were definitely meant to be next generation, but as is so typical these days, the young actors playing the lead duo, David Tom and Ashley Bashioum, got antsy and wanted out, and the show faltered with recasts. (Ryan Brown and Scott Seymour for Billy and Kelly Kruger, Rachel Kimsey, and Clemenitne Ford for Mac.) They were able to extend the JT character by successfully moving him to Coleen's orbit, but then Fonseca wanted out and they faltered with two recasts for her as well.

When they finally got Billy right (with Billy Miller), Mac was being played by ultra-dull Clementine Ford. Instead, fraus loved Miller with Amelie Heinle's Victoria. The ironic thing about that is that when Heinle first came on, many viewers thought she actually should have been cast as Mac instead of Rachiel Kimsey (who was hired around the same time). I could have seen that myself. Heinle is probably more like Bshiioum's Mac than any of the subsequent actresses.

In the meantime, oriiginal Glow Kids, Woodland and Luckinbill wanted out now as well, and Lago eventually got pushed out. Then Miller wanted out. And since that time, we've had three more Billys. Could one ever have pictured Rawhide Billy (Jenkins) or Jason Thompson being a one-time Glow by Jabot Kid? I can't. Thompson reads like a totally different character altogether.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334April 2, 2023 8:42 PM

If they'd had wanted to give Brock a daughter, they should have revealed Brock and Lorie Brooks's fling in Paris produced a child Lorie put up for adoption before she came back to GC. That would tied the past to the present, and what a character that would have been, not the sad sack Mack was.

by Anonymousreply 335April 2, 2023 10:07 PM

While I agree that Mac was a sad-sack, the preferred demo loved original recipe Billy and Mac, and it was one of the last times the show hit a home run with a teenage couple. JT and Colleen being another.

by Anonymousreply 336April 2, 2023 10:26 PM

I was never a Mac fan, but that original actress was as ugly as all get out. Much preferred Kelly Kruger.

by Anonymousreply 337April 2, 2023 10:28 PM

I brought Jill to life!

by Anonymousreply 338April 2, 2023 10:29 PM

WHET Bond Gideon?

by Anonymousreply 339April 2, 2023 10:30 PM

Bond Gideon was actually the oldest of the four regular Jills. She was born in 1945. Brendad and Jess were both born in 1949. Deborah Adair was the youngest, born in 1952.

by Anonymousreply 340April 2, 2023 10:42 PM

Donna Hosack walked into an agents office, and the first thing he said to her was, "HO-SACK ?? .. Really ?? .. I think we're going to have to change that name of yours."

He'd just used some Gold Bond Foot Powder and got a bright idea.

by Anonymousreply 341April 2, 2023 10:58 PM

Well, he ain't coming back to YR anytime soon....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342April 3, 2023 6:16 PM

Hans is 82 today

by Anonymousreply 343April 3, 2023 6:20 PM

R343 82 and still driving story. But for how much longer?

by Anonymousreply 344April 3, 2023 6:27 PM

Susan Flannery is the only soap actress I can think of who fully retired. Good for her. I'm afraid Hans' ego is too large to even consider retirement. I can't for the life of me figure out why so many actors and politicians aren't interested in relaxation and rest in their later years.

by Anonymousreply 345April 3, 2023 6:43 PM

anyway....

by Anonymousreply 346April 3, 2023 7:10 PM

Hilarious how everyone has just been drinking and noshing at the Gala for the last six hours, but then go to Crimson Lights and Society. It's obviously past Victor's bedtime, and you'd think Nikki would want to get out of that full-body girdle STAT.

Did Nina just take off? Where to? .. Neither she nor Jill have had a scene with Chance.

I'm laughing at Nick getting in everyone's face like he's the GCAC sercurity guard. I've always said that in another life without the Newman millions, Nick would be a Mall Cop.

"EMT Carson" is obviously sketchy, not to mention weak. He'll more than likely fold at some point. But who's the (dead) ambulance driver? Based on what Carson said, there has to be another corpse. But how can this not be a bona fide employee of the EMS or ambulance company? .. Did they pay this driver named "Young" to disappear too? .. sticking some already-dead corpse in there to get burned to a crisp as well?

If-when Audra tracks J.T. down, I hope she discovers that he's now making a living on OnlyFans. He usually fucks twinks, but he recently collabed with an older power bottom who goes by the name "Cowbell-XXX" -- a disgraced college professor who was fired after it came out that he had a fling with university's entire basketball team.

by Anonymousreply 347April 3, 2023 8:38 PM

Hahahaha - Phyllis and Jeremy are being lauded by Stafford's IDIOTIC Twitter fans as a supercouple, and praise for her 'acting' - lol.

by Anonymousreply 348April 3, 2023 9:45 PM

^^^

Someone should start the hashtag #phylemy

As in, just hacked a loogie.

by Anonymousreply 349April 3, 2023 10:15 PM

349 brilliant!

by Anonymousreply 350April 3, 2023 10:28 PM

It's act-teen.

by Anonymousreply 351April 3, 2023 10:43 PM

When they built the new Neil Winters Jazz Lounge, they must have sprayed the entire set with three coats of Flex-Seal to withstand that scenery chewing.

by Anonymousreply 352April 3, 2023 11:50 PM

If Thad isn't available they should recast JT.

Of course, they'll kill him off.

by Anonymousreply 353April 4, 2023 12:04 AM

Like with these other guest stints by vets, they'd probably only be able to cough up the cash for a few episodes featuring Thad anyway.

That might be all that's required on his part for whatever Audra and Elena are thinking about doing.

And since the show is produced about five weeks in advance, Thad may have already done something to air this coming month.

by Anonymousreply 354April 4, 2023 12:37 AM

TSJ would make a great Langley Wallingford in an AMC reboot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355April 4, 2023 8:55 AM

Isn’t faking her death one of the things Phyllis continued to attack Diane about? Yelling about the toll it took on Kyle?

by Anonymousreply 356April 4, 2023 5:33 PM

Anyone catch that special moment when Chance told Daniel how truly sorry he was for his loss?

Chance should have added, "You know, Daniel, I get off work in an hour. And if you'd like, I cold stop by your hotel room, join you for a good cry in the shower, then have some grief sex."

by Anonymousreply 357April 5, 2023 9:29 AM

Does JG hate Sharon Case?

by Anonymousreply 358April 6, 2023 4:57 AM

How long was the Bicentennial party supposed to be? Did it end at 10pm? Crimson Lights and Society need the business, but it seems like they had to have stayed open until the wee hours of the morning with everyone just dropping in. Did Chelsea leave her little gayling home alone while she went to see Billy in the coffee house? And yeah, Victor and Nikki are old folks who should have wanted to go straight home to chill, yet they go to Society, which you think would have been buzzing with folks, post celebration.

by Anonymousreply 359April 6, 2023 9:55 AM

Connor told mom Chelsea he was having a sleepover with Johnny. While that was a lie, he was perched outside of Johnny's bedroom window, wondering about his feelings.

by Anonymousreply 360April 6, 2023 10:23 AM

God, they really are doing to make Billy and Chelsea a couple - two of the most boring people on a show packed with boring people.

by Anonymousreply 361April 6, 2023 1:53 PM

Devon and Abby = DRABBY Chelsea and Billy = CHILLY

Who wins in a bore-off?

by Anonymousreply 362April 6, 2023 1:57 PM

Cohnny is the star couple of this shitshow.

by Anonymousreply 363April 6, 2023 4:44 PM

Devon and Abbey are by far the most boring characters on the show. Put them together, they become an even bigger snoozefest.

Adding Amanda back into the mix last week added some much needed spice, but that was just temporary.

by Anonymousreply 364April 6, 2023 5:08 PM

Connor is going to be sooooo jealous of his two half-brothers when they all get SORASed, and Johnny takes Christian to PROM and books a hotel suite for later.

by Anonymousreply 365April 6, 2023 6:32 PM

JT needs to beg for his old job at GH

by Anonymousreply 366April 6, 2023 8:08 PM

Oh, hell no, r366. If JT is coming back to acting, I want him right here where he belongs, in Genoa City.

by Anonymousreply 367April 6, 2023 8:11 PM

[quote]JT needs to beg for his old job at GH

r366 is referring to Jason Thompson, who previously played Dr. Patrick Drake on GH.

by Anonymousreply 368April 6, 2023 8:14 PM

Can we trade Jason Thompson for Josh Kelly?

Kelly is who Sony originally wanted to replace Billy Miller when OLTL was cancelled, but then Miller signed on for another year,.

by Anonymousreply 369April 6, 2023 8:32 PM

Seriously, r368 (and r366), who is going to think "Jason Thompson" when someone types "JT" in a Y&R thread?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370April 6, 2023 8:38 PM

r370 I'm not the person who wrote r366. I'm merely the person who deciphered it for you at r368.

I've always objected to using actors' initials to discuss them, but people do it all of the time. So much easier to write out the actor's name on first reference. Then there's no doubt who someone is talking about.

The clue to deciphering this one as Jason Thompson vs. Thad Luckinbill's Y&R character was the mention of "beg for his old job at GH."

Luckinbill has never been on GH, but Thompson has. That's how we know the JT mentioned was Jason Thompson.

by Anonymousreply 371April 6, 2023 9:35 PM

[quote]Luckinbill has never been on GH, but Thompson has. That's how we know the JT mentioned was Jason Thompson.

Not if I've never watched GH.

by Anonymousreply 372April 6, 2023 9:41 PM

Abby is garbage. This show is garbage.

Free Conner Floyd.

by Anonymousreply 373April 7, 2023 5:06 PM

Abby really is a horrible character, and Ordway doesn't have the chops to make her interesting or sympathetic.

by Anonymousreply 374April 7, 2023 5:15 PM

How many chemistry match ups has Ordway failed with? Stitch, Lauren's son with the greasy long hair whose name escapes me, Chance and Devon. ALL BOMBS. Yet she is a Newman and an Abbott and a lab creation. She should be bonkers, and recast with someone who could run with it.

by Anonymousreply 375April 7, 2023 5:27 PM

r375 Boredway is cheap and she stays out of the way of all the old hams.

by Anonymousreply 376April 7, 2023 7:32 PM

I'd have no problem with Blabby and DuhVon ... IF it meant they were packing up and leaving town with Dominic for a sunset ending.

Didn't Tucker run McCall Unlimited from Hong Kong? That sounds good.

Sometimes characters-stories reach a natural endpoint and need to be concluded or at the very least rested.

This is one of those times.

by Anonymousreply 377April 7, 2023 8:12 PM

Can we trade Drabby and Dull-von in and get Abby back?

by Anonymousreply 378April 7, 2023 8:18 PM

As dull as Devon may be, it's highly unlikely the show will ever get rid of him. Only way Devon will leave Genoa City is if Bryton decides not to renew his contract.

Show built a substantial black audience back in the 90s with Neil, Malcolm, Drucilla and Olivia. That audience has remained loyal to the show ever since and show wouldn't risk alienating the black viewers by writing Devon, or Lilly, out.

by Anonymousreply 379April 7, 2023 9:00 PM

DuhVon got a lot of tread via the rabid LANE stans.

Since that very LOUD group didn't want any storyline that would break Lily & Cane up, they started pimping her brother Devon, seeing him as route to give other storyline (equaling more airtime) to Lily and Cane. .. Then, when Hilary entered the scene, they started pimping "Hevon" for the same reason, viewing them as an adjunct to "Lane." .. It was quite noticeable on social media that #Lane and #Hevon hashtags went hand-in-hand.

by Anonymousreply 380April 7, 2023 9:23 PM

Who is "Drabby"?

by Anonymousreply 381April 7, 2023 9:24 PM

Nest week's preview:

Who thinks Sphyllis will don some goofy disguise so that she can attend her own memorial service? Her EGO is so BIG that she can't not stay away, needing to know what people are saying about her.

I guess the "Neil Winters Jazz Lounge" also doubles as some kind of multi-purpose, basement space to hold memorial services in.

It would be far more intriguing if it were Daniel telling Chance that they're going to work together to expose Phyllis' murderer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382April 8, 2023 10:55 PM

PLEASE VOTE!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383April 9, 2023 3:56 PM

What is she running for? Best Death Grip on SAG Health Benefits?

by Anonymousreply 384April 9, 2023 4:00 PM

Is Kate Linder actually trying to get an Emmy nomination? Geez Louise! The ole gal hasn't had a storyline in decades. She may not be as cray cray as Brendad, her ego might be in the same league.

by Anonymousreply 385April 9, 2023 8:01 PM

R385 I believe she submits nearly every year. All one needs is a reel of no more than 15 minutes. In fact, it's been said that longer is not better, and many actors try to keep their reels in the 7-10 minute range. That might be the extent of Linder's entire 2022 appearances, since she was only in SIX episodes last year. Instead of storyline, she probably goes with the "range of emotions" strategy for her "iconic" character .. lol!

by Anonymousreply 386April 9, 2023 8:18 PM

If Katie Linder scored an emmy nod, we'd know without a doubt that the daytime emmys are a joke. And so is Kate Linder.

by Anonymousreply 387April 9, 2023 8:23 PM

I assume TPTB realized fairly early on that Linder couldn't act and just used her as a comic foil for Katherine.

by Anonymousreply 388April 9, 2023 8:25 PM

Do Daytime Emmys come as Lifetime Achievements? I mean even that would be a step down but she had existed on next to nothing for nearly fifty years.

Is she still throwing passengers off United Flights, does anyone know?

by Anonymousreply 389April 9, 2023 8:37 PM

R389 Yes. Last month, at the 50th Anniversary Party, when Linder was being interviewed by Queen Fairman, she mentioned that she's "still there" (at United).

by Anonymousreply 390April 9, 2023 8:46 PM

Kate Linder never misses a chance for self-promotion. That's why she's there for every ribbon cutting, supermarket opening, cake party, and charity event she can snag an invite to.

by Anonymousreply 391April 9, 2023 8:47 PM

You'd think that Kate would go the same route with snagging a Daytime Emmy that she did with getting her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame ... BUY IT!

After all, that's basically how Daytime Emmy winner Ronn Moss got his. Cough up enough money to get an EP credit for "The Bay" and win one in that little category. Mrs. Ronn Moss too!

by Anonymousreply 392April 9, 2023 9:52 PM

Kate Linder is 75 years old, no airline would let work as a stewardess.

I thought they were expanding role at Chancellor Winters? Why aren't Victoria and Ashley consulting her about the sale? That would be FASCINATING!!

by Anonymousreply 393April 9, 2023 11:30 PM

R393 I don't think that's true about airlines (at least most based in the USA). As long as a flight attendant can keep doing the work, I don't think there's a mandatory retirement age. Like a lot of companies, airlines may have have a retirement eligibility program (based on age and years of service) -- which most attendants are probably glad to take advantage of to get out -- but the airlines even hire newbies who are already in their 60s, if they can pass the tests.

This flight attendant for American Airlines turned 86 last year. Kate's got a whole decade to gooooooooo!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394April 9, 2023 11:48 PM

Esther should move to Salem, where a woman her age can be an international criminal, CEO of a major corporation, or taking bubble baths with a hot silver daddy.

by Anonymousreply 395April 10, 2023 9:33 AM

I think TPTB feel sorry for Kate. That's the only reason I can think of that they keep her not only on canvas but also on contract. With the budget struggles Y&R has had, and the fact that Katherine is dead, Esther should have been cut years ago. Somebody's looking out for her and keeping her around.

by Anonymousreply 396April 10, 2023 2:46 PM

I imagine they keep her on contract, because that's more than likely her only "contract" requirement. I don't even think she has a minimum guarantee, because there have been some 13-week cycles when she doesn't even appear. In the meantime, she's made herself the show's Head Cheerleader, so they get in return for nothing.

Other than that, she probably knows where all the bodies are buried, yet wouldn't be the type to release any kind of tell-all memoir until after she got canned (so she isn't).

by Anonymousreply 397April 10, 2023 8:56 PM

I heard Kate walked in one day on Brendad sucking off Bill Bell. In order to buy her silence, Bell gave Kate a lifetime contract.

by Anonymousreply 398April 10, 2023 9:43 PM

[quote] I think TPTB feel sorry for Kate.

You think Sony has feelings?

by Anonymousreply 399April 10, 2023 10:11 PM

The rumor about Bell was he COULDN'T get it up. Poor Lee. I guess maybe he thought holding power over B-Dick might work. Who knows? He was a weird guy, warped by Catholicism and he had a Mother Hang Up. Great plotter of long range stories, but his dialogue was pretty bad. 'Something heavy's going on' - lol. Bell also harbored resentment for original cast members who (in retrospect, stupidly) left the show.

by Anonymousreply 400April 10, 2023 11:37 PM

Great plotter of long range stories, but his dialogue was pretty bad: I just have to wonder... (drink)

by Anonymousreply 401April 11, 2023 12:19 AM

There's one guy who posts in every soap thread about Bell's awful dialogue, and how he only watched during the Lynn Marie Latham era. EVERY FREAKING THREAD!

by Anonymousreply 402April 11, 2023 1:45 PM

there are more than one of us, r402. i noticed one such post recently, which i did not type.

by Anonymousreply 403April 11, 2023 1:54 PM

The LML years are generally regarded as horrible.

by Anonymousreply 404April 11, 2023 1:57 PM

State senate, Pheila, Clear Springs, the reliquary. Truly atrocious!

by Anonymousreply 405April 11, 2023 2:01 PM

I always hated when writers had soap characters running for office (remember Blake and Alexis running for Governor?) There's no way those people's pasts could have survived the first day of the campaign.

by Anonymousreply 406April 11, 2023 2:08 PM

R402 is LML

by Anonymousreply 407April 11, 2023 2:10 PM

The Pheila thing was beyond stupid. Of all the characters in Genoa City, Sheila's going to pick Phyllis to look like? Phyllis and Sheila had never shared a storyline or interacted in any way. It made no sense.

by Anonymousreply 408April 11, 2023 2:12 PM

R405 Seriously! .. And Melody Thomas Scott recently gave an interview where she said Nikki running for state senate was the worst in her 40+ years.

by Anonymousreply 409April 11, 2023 7:04 PM

I guess everyone in Genoa City needs an optometrist, because Phyllis is so obviously Phyllis standing there in her "big disguise" at the very "small guest list" memorial service. I mean, it's not like the room is packed and she can just blend in.

And I was waiting for her and the other three waitresses(?) standing in the front to grab some air guitars and start dancing like they're the models from Robert Palmer's "Addicted to Love" video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410April 11, 2023 9:19 PM

There's not a single current storyline I have the slightest interest in. I still have it on as background noise when I'm home from work. But there's no... um... story.

by Anonymousreply 411April 12, 2023 6:34 PM

What an EASY paycheck for Old Hans today. I think he sputtered two or three inconsequential mumbles and a grunt; then sat there at the memorial with his arms crossed.

What's Victor doing at a memorial for Phyllis anyway? Because Summer is his granddaughter? BFD. .. Doesn't Phyllis still loathe Victor? .. Show some class, send flowers, and stay home. .. When Tognoni was playing Phyllis, Victor was arrested and tried for orchestrating the asinine Marco Anacelli plot - which included Marco's violation (rape) of Phyllis for months.

Here's a perfect example where they could have used Han's mega salary and, instead of paying him the episode to do nothing, brought in someone like Phyllis' sister, Avery (Jessica Collins), for a couple of episodes.

And, right. If Diane Jenkins is going to buy strychnine, she's going to do it under her own name. Laughable.

by Anonymousreply 412April 12, 2023 7:46 PM

Yes, hot Chance is not much of a detective, he's a defective. Stark had just been in the room, and the strychnine just shows up under a table? That doesn't register suspiciously?

A lot of us want the first 10 years of the show re-broadcast, or available some way. It will never happen, because it was EONS better in every way than the sloppy shit that makes it on air now. TPTB don't want the comparison.

by Anonymousreply 413April 12, 2023 8:54 PM

Ricky Ricardo could’ve seen through Phyllis’s disguise!

by Anonymousreply 414April 12, 2023 9:36 PM

[quote] Yes, hot Chance is not much of a detective, he's a defective.

With Paul now gone, someone has to step into the role of "Clueless."

When Christine confessed to Lauren that something had been "off" between her and Paul -- maybe for even longer than either of them had thought, and that after trying, they decided that "it couldn't be fixed," -- I almost thought Griffith was going to pull another FenMo and have Christine tell Lauren that, after retiring, Paul reconnected with Andy, and the two of them are now living their best life ever in a quaint, countryside villa in Portugal ... and even have a live-in houseboy!

by Anonymousreply 415April 13, 2023 5:23 AM

Wow. Marla really shines in this scene. Love that 12 years, 12 minutes line.

Then Wilma Jeanne comes in starts screeching.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416April 13, 2023 7:46 AM

Adams was top notch. They ruined her return a few years back by giving her the big A and then relegating her to the background. A treatable form of schizophrenia, or Graham drugging her, would've allowed Dina to be the grande dame of GC, which this show has needed since Copper's passing.

by Anonymousreply 417April 13, 2023 8:45 AM

* And also since Cooper's passing.

by Anonymousreply 418April 13, 2023 8:46 AM

I'm the grand dame R417

by Anonymousreply 419April 13, 2023 11:52 AM

No, we're the dames!

by Anonymousreply 420April 13, 2023 11:56 AM

Adam and Sally seemed so happy together yesterday.

I hate the new opening. I hope it doesn’t last any longer than the 50th anniversary year. It is nice that Chance and the other newbies have slides, finally. But really, everyone in formal attire. How un-young. How un-restless.

by Anonymousreply 421April 13, 2023 12:12 PM

Tracie is the Grands! dame of the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422April 13, 2023 4:49 PM

The irony is that Jeanne Cooper started playing the grand dame of the show when she was 45 .

Now we've got Eileen Davidson and Beth Maitland already in the 60s and neither are playing grand dames.

Hell, Melody Thomas Scott is in certainly in line to be the grand dame of Genoa City, and is in her 60s, but show doesn't write her as the grand dame.

by Anonymousreply 423April 13, 2023 6:03 PM

Aunt Jack is the grande dame of Genoa City!!

by Anonymousreply 424April 13, 2023 6:37 PM

Audra's ASS in that eye-rolling dress (for work) they had her wearing today is the GRAND something.

Even funnier to think that Noah went from fucking THAT to skinny-minnie Allie who's about as voluptuous as a Helix twink.

Well, at least he's getting closer.

by Anonymousreply 425April 13, 2023 7:17 PM

I could almost hear Vicsnoria's scissors preparing to trim Audra's bush.

by Anonymousreply 426April 13, 2023 7:39 PM

I’m a tough accomplished businesswoman! I don’t have time to scissor anyone. Or brush my hair.

by Anonymousreply 427April 13, 2023 7:44 PM

What’s the set of the clip posted at R416 ?

I’m thinking it’s an apartment above Jonas’/Gina’s. Does anyone remember? I feel like that set was around for many years (Jonas with amnesiac Leslie, Jack maybe lived there when working in the soup kitchen?).

Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 428April 13, 2023 7:49 PM

They could if Nikki was widowed.

by Anonymousreply 429April 13, 2023 8:26 PM

Honestly, the closest thing to Grand Dame the show has now is Sharon. She's being seen more and more as the voice of reason, using her past struggles to help others sort of like Kay used to.

by Anonymousreply 430April 13, 2023 8:28 PM

R428, I'm pretty sure it was the rooms above Gina's. That elements of that set got repurposed a great deal but yes, the hot and the homeless often bunked above Gina's, formerly look alike Bogart's, formerly The Allegro.

That scene with Adams was good writing (for a soap) and damn good acting by Adams. That scene was more effective than her scenes during her original return.

Here's the bookend to it... Jill strutting around hoping the grim reaper takes Kay to the great beyond. Brendad's acting is hovering between her actual talent and her Dollar Tree Alexis schtick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431April 13, 2023 8:33 PM

Grand dames tend to have a heart of gold (Nikki's out) and champion underdogs.

by Anonymousreply 432April 13, 2023 8:34 PM

[quote]Melody Thomas Scott is in certainly in line to be the grand dame of Genoa City, and is in her 60s, but show doesn't write her as the grand dame.

Yesterday, she assumed Phyllis' title of supreme bitchcunt from hell.

by Anonymousreply 433April 13, 2023 9:02 PM

R428 R431 It's not the upstairs room at Gina's. .. Kay was letting Brent stay with her at the Chancellor Estate in a room above the stables. .. Notice the equine (bovine?) artwork on the wall behind Brent .. lol. .. And during this arc, it was obvious that The Old Battleaxe wanted to get inside Brent's pants.

Briefly ... Right after Brent told Ashley he was her bio-father, Ashley had a breakdown and went missing causing great alarm. .. Kay knew Dina blamed Brent and was out for blood, so Kay whisked Brent out of town to escape Dina's wrath. To do so, Kay took Brent on a cruise to South America. .. But Dina was able to track down the ship they were on and made a phone call to them on board. .. Dina berated Kay for what she called betrayal and laid into Brent for Ashley's disappearance. .. Brent felt guilty and wanted to return to Genoa City immediately to try to make things right, so Kay gave in and had a helicopter come pick them up on the ship. .. The scene shown in the clip happens not long after Kay and Brent have returned home.

by Anonymousreply 434April 13, 2023 9:11 PM

I now hate new Summer as much as I hated old Summer.

by Anonymousreply 435April 13, 2023 10:18 PM

NuSummer has been on for 11 months now and this is really the first chance they've given her much of anything to do. First chance they've give her to show much acting range.

by Anonymousreply 436April 13, 2023 10:28 PM

I wonder how long they'll let this drag on. Does revenge mean so much to Phyllis that she's willing to be separated forever from the people she presumably loves?

by Anonymousreply 437April 13, 2023 10:36 PM

I'm the damn dame!

by Anonymousreply 438April 13, 2023 11:17 PM

R437 Stay tuned for Friday's episode.

SPOILER: Stupid Phyllis now grows a brain cell and realizes the sheer stupidity of the plan: exactly what you've pointed out in your post.

This leads to a huge confrontation between her and Stark. He, of course, isn't going to let her reveal herself to her kids, because he's not about to suffer the criminal consequences of everyone finding out that the whole thing was a set up to frame Diane. The dynamic between these two is actually rather interesting now, because as Stark points out, he could get rid of Phyllis himself, and no one would miss her, because everyone already thinks she's dead.

by Anonymousreply 439April 13, 2023 11:57 PM

Team Stark.

by Anonymousreply 440April 14, 2023 12:00 AM

R423 Because no one writes that kind of character any more....everyone pretends that they're 40 or younger.

by Anonymousreply 441April 14, 2023 12:09 AM

Danny’s song at the memorial service was laughable.

by Anonymousreply 442April 14, 2023 12:19 AM

Thanks R431 and R416 !

God, I loved Liz Foster!

MARY!

R428

by Anonymousreply 443April 14, 2023 12:20 AM

[quote]as Stark points out, he could get rid of Phyllis himself, and no one would miss her, because everyone already thinks she's dead.

Go for it Jeremy! Do the world a favor.

by Anonymousreply 444April 14, 2023 12:21 AM

and SPOILER.........

Diane saves Phyllis from Stark. STUPDI!

by Anonymousreply 445April 14, 2023 12:40 AM

Jermey, Any way you can arrange to take out Chelsea while you're offing Phyllis.

Y&R fans would be forever grateful.

by Anonymousreply 446April 14, 2023 12:45 AM

And who thinks Stark ends up dead, allowing Phyllis to pin the blame for the entire scheme on him, so she'll look like a victim.

by Anonymousreply 447April 14, 2023 2:34 AM

I'll do a podcast on it!!!

by Anonymousreply 448April 14, 2023 2:40 AM

[quote] And who thinks Stark ends up dead ....

SPOILER:

Stark does end up dead (or at least it appears that he's dead).

On this coming Monday's episode, Phyllis doesn't give in to Jeremy's advances to have sex with him, since they're "Mr. & Mrs Jeremy Stark." .. And after that rather intense scene, they argue some more about the same old thing they did on Friday, and Jeremy decides he has to kill Phyllis, so he pulls a pair of scissors on her.

They struggle, and this leads to the bathroom. We don't see exactly what happens in there, but when the scene picks up, there's a corpse wrapped up in the shower curtain, and Phyllis is standing over it all bloody with the scissors in her hand. The episode ends with Phyllis dressed in a hoodie opening the front door and dragging the wrapped up body out of the room.

In funnier news, D.A. Christine is still using Society as her office, while Detective Chance has decided to do the same at the Neil Winters Jazz Lounge. I guess it beats the back patio at Crimson Lights.

by Anonymousreply 449April 15, 2023 4:02 AM

They're wrapping it up this quickly? In olden days, this would be dragged out at least until November sweeps (remember sweeps?)

by Anonymousreply 450April 15, 2023 4:12 AM

"Jeremy" (stage left) had a hot ass but couldn't live forever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451April 15, 2023 7:12 AM

How could Abby toss aside hot as fuck Chance for extremely unattractive Devon?

by Anonymousreply 452April 15, 2023 8:18 AM

Just when it couldn't get worse, "Messa" came home with their baby.

by Anonymousreply 453April 15, 2023 8:35 AM

[quote]They're wrapping it up this quickly? In olden days, this would be dragged out at least until November sweeps (remember sweeps?)

When it also would have been close to entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 454April 15, 2023 12:48 PM

They could at least have "dead" Phyllis show up to haunt Diane from time to time. That would be fun.

by Anonymousreply 455April 15, 2023 12:53 PM

So Diane will be charged with Stark's murder...or maybe Jack? This is so pedestrian.

by Anonymousreply 456April 15, 2023 3:48 PM

Stark is too hot to die! Damnit!

by Anonymousreply 457April 16, 2023 10:32 PM

[quote]Stark is too hot to die! Damnit!

He can always have a previously unknown twin brother.

by Anonymousreply 458April 16, 2023 10:36 PM

Oh, God! More horrible DL taste in men. Stark is ugly and James Hyde can't act. He does everything but twirl his 'stache. NOT HOT!!!

by Anonymousreply 459April 16, 2023 10:43 PM

James Hyde is very hot. Bring gay Fen back as his young lover.

by Anonymousreply 460April 17, 2023 8:23 AM

Jack is obviously in love with Stark, so the ONLY way this story is plausible to me is Jack asks Diane while they are in bed, what Stark was like in bed, the things he liked to do to her. Diane knows Jack is gay, and she provides the details, her con game in full play. Hell it's one way to get through this mess.

by Anonymousreply 461April 17, 2023 8:59 AM

Shari Shattuck was the ultimate Ashley Abbott. She gave the character of Ashley warmth and layers.

by Anonymousreply 462April 17, 2023 6:34 PM

Nothing says warmth and layers like the Ronn Moss School of Acting.

by Anonymousreply 463April 17, 2023 6:36 PM

Shari was getting Ronn Moss' dick nightly.

by Anonymousreply 464April 17, 2023 6:39 PM

Shari was playing the role when I first started watching Y&R. Loved her.

by Anonymousreply 465April 17, 2023 6:42 PM

Epperson is the one who gave Ashley warmth and at least another layer that said I'm mentally okay now. And even though she was a kinder-gentler Ashley, most viewers accepted her in the role almost immediately. Many still prefer her in the role.

When Eileen was in the role, they played the 19th nervous breakdown. Recall, when she came back, it wasn't long before the character went koo-koo again - playing "the log lady" with dead Robert Carlton at the Arts Council gala.

Shattuck was Faux Ashley. She didn't click on any level.

by Anonymousreply 466April 17, 2023 6:54 PM

Eileen's Ashley is so cold and dismissive.

by Anonymousreply 467April 17, 2023 6:57 PM

I wish when they cancelled GL, Maeve Kincead had become Ashley. She has the class and beauty, and she could put Jack in his place.

by Anonymousreply 468April 17, 2023 8:24 PM

Let's talk about that long dong on Ronn Moss.

by Anonymousreply 469April 17, 2023 8:37 PM

Maeve is too old to play Ashley.

by Anonymousreply 470April 17, 2023 11:29 PM

R469

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471April 17, 2023 11:59 PM

Which Y&R actor do we think has the biggest cock?

by Anonymousreply 472April 18, 2023 12:14 AM

I just know JaBottom has a big one.

by Anonymousreply 473April 18, 2023 12:22 AM

Good one r472. I just looked at the Long Dongs thread. I vote for Chance. Though I’d be happy with whatever size dong he’s got.

by Anonymousreply 474April 18, 2023 12:22 AM

Graz might be packing

by Anonymousreply 475April 18, 2023 12:25 AM

Mealor, great body, but average at best. Why he's JaBOTTOM.

by Anonymousreply 476April 18, 2023 12:31 AM

Joshua Morrow. Why have they never put him in a speedo?

by Anonymousreply 477April 18, 2023 12:40 AM

Could be Hans G.

by Anonymousreply 478April 18, 2023 12:46 AM

If Jordi were still around, there'd probably be no question.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479April 18, 2023 12:46 AM

Morrow.

by Anonymousreply 480April 18, 2023 12:46 AM

I'm leaning, Sean Dominic, Josh Morrow, and yeah, Ye Olde Bratwurst, although his testicles might be down to his knee caps by now..

by Anonymousreply 481April 18, 2023 12:49 AM

I thought Josh M had nudes from when he modelled and it wasn't anything to write home about

by Anonymousreply 482April 18, 2023 12:54 AM

R482 The nudes I've seen weren't full-frontal and were more about his butt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483April 18, 2023 1:14 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484April 18, 2023 1:15 AM

When Morrow first came on as Nick, his VERY defined treasure trail was deemed too provocative, so they'd almost always make sure it was shaved off before his shirtless scenes. He didn't do that on his own, like when he was playing boybander with Eddie in 3Deep.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485April 18, 2023 1:52 AM

On Tuesday, Allie and Noah finally appear again. They were in London. Snooze.

They must not have the money to build a courtroom set. Everyone keeps yakking about Diane being arraigned - anticipating a scene where Christine and Michael are going to comment on the evidence or lack thereof - but then they don't even show the arraignment. Instead, LaBaldwin just shows up at The Abbotts to report what happened at the hearing.

If I were a customer at Crimson Lights, I'd request a side order of Hot Chance to go. After all, he's there so much, he must be on the menu.

by Anonymousreply 486April 18, 2023 3:12 AM

[quote]They must not have the money to build a courtroom set.

You got a new jazz club set just last month. Plus you got the Genoa City Athletic Club lobby and bar set out of mothballs.

Now you're demanding a courtroom set?

You must think we're made of money here.

by Anonymousreply 487April 18, 2023 3:37 AM

Why would they put the ugly on in the middle?

by Anonymousreply 488April 18, 2023 3:39 AM

R487, The Abbott mansion consists of one room.

by Anonymousreply 489April 18, 2023 4:33 AM

If I were Sharon Case, I'd be urging the writers every day to hurry up and write her some sex scenes with Conner Floyd.

by Anonymousreply 490April 18, 2023 4:43 AM

[quote]The Abbott mansion consists of one room.

Sometimes we see dining room at the Abbott mansion.

by Anonymousreply 491April 18, 2023 5:27 AM

Even when Mal Young was EP-HW we still saw the Abbott pool house and pool area.

Recall, that's where Lola went looking for Kyle, and got hit over the head by Mia, then she fell in the pool.

Back in the 80s we saw all of the Abbott's bedrooms, as well as John's den. Mamie had a big kitchen. When Dru showed, she stayed in a room that we saw off from the kitchen. They also had an old playhouse in the yard, where Billy and Mac would go, then later, Daniel and Lily.

I guess we also still see walkway leading to the front door.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492April 18, 2023 6:21 AM

I was confused the other day that Sally seems to have moved out of that stupid Wayfair hotel, and is now living -staying? -at the Athletic Club? Just a glitch? Maybe I missed a mention of it in the script because I am so engrossed in the Phyllis drama.

by Anonymousreply 493April 18, 2023 8:07 AM

R493 When they did the Gala at the GCAC they had to show Jeremy and Phyllis in one of the rooms there in order to lure Diane up to it to stage the big argument during the event. They also showed Danny Romalotti staying in a room there as well. So since they reopened those two sets, it now appears that they've decided to use them for Sally and Daniel. And that's what I remember about the GCAC: they always had two different rooms that they'd use for characters. Of course, they would change the room numbers on the doors to make it look like more when necessary. It was also odd, because when Tucker first came back (played by TSJ), they very briefly had him staying at the GCAC, but then suddenly, he was at the Grand Phoenix multi-purpose room, no explanation.

by Anonymousreply 494April 18, 2023 11:57 AM

Why doesn't anyone think I have the biggest cock?

by Anonymousreply 495April 18, 2023 12:27 PM

Can't decide what was more hilarious, Jabottom stomping his feet and threatening Chance, or Phyllis, covered in blood, dragging Stark's shower curtain-wrapped body out of the motel room. That won't look suspicious at all!!!

by Anonymousreply 496April 18, 2023 2:40 PM

Oooh, a police station set...

by Anonymousreply 497April 18, 2023 4:31 PM

Oooh, sorry, now it seems like a prison set...

by Anonymousreply 498April 18, 2023 4:51 PM

The Stafford apparently really liked working with James Hyde. Said this on Instagram:

[quote]“SPOILER ALERT!!!!” Ok, just so folks don’t get mad. Hey @jameshydeofficial thank you for being SUCH A JOY to work with!! We ALL love you! Thank you for being such a positive spirit on set and a great scene partner. I’m sorry the marriage was short lived and I’m sorry I stabbed you to death ✂️ Those scissors sure were sharp 🥴But… ya know, Jeremy can always have a twin brother. 😉 Go Kill it! 🖤 #YR

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499April 18, 2023 4:57 PM

[quote] Jabottom stomping his feet and threatening Chance ....

JaBottom should have presented hole and seen where that got him!

Today, Sleepytime Noah tried to pound some sense into him.

by Anonymousreply 500April 18, 2023 5:59 PM

I had the same expression as Diane when the girl playing Summer was trying to act.

by Anonymousreply 501April 18, 2023 6:04 PM

I prefer Alison Lanier in the role of Summer far more than Hunter King.

Although they should maybe think about moving her into the Messa storyline at some point, then kill Tessa off.

by Anonymousreply 502April 18, 2023 7:12 PM

[quote]I prefer Alison Lanier in the role of Summer far more than Hunter King.

This times 1,000,000.

by Anonymousreply 503April 18, 2023 7:27 PM

I had the same expression as Diane when the girl playing Summer was trying to act.

by Anonymousreply 504April 18, 2023 7:48 PM

I bet Billy Miller had a huge, lovely cock!

by Anonymousreply 505April 18, 2023 8:51 PM

Let us not forget Marco “Carmine” Dapper.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 506April 18, 2023 9:28 PM

Some claim Dapper was wearing a prosthetic cock in that scene for comic effect.

by Anonymousreply 507April 18, 2023 9:31 PM

^^^ prosthetic cock w/ balls actually.

Marco looks quite nice, but in his swimwear shots, his balls don't read THAT low hanging.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508April 18, 2023 9:40 PM

Could they not afford a jail jumpsuit for Diane?

by Anonymousreply 509April 18, 2023 10:29 PM

I had to look twice. It is a jumpsuit. It's just not your traditional soap opera orange.

by Anonymousreply 510April 18, 2023 11:10 PM

I want to see all the men in speedos this year at the annual Memorial Day and 4th of July pool parties this year. Even Hans and Aunt Jack.

by Anonymousreply 511April 18, 2023 11:12 PM

Speedo or not, Aunt Jack would still wear a vintage sarong cover-up.

by Anonymousreply 512April 19, 2023 1:50 AM

Can anyone imagine Terry Lester's Jack becoming this weepy, ponderous simp?

by Anonymousreply 513April 19, 2023 1:55 AM

If not a full caftan, surely a smock, R512.

by Anonymousreply 514April 19, 2023 2:06 AM

Terry Lester looked like he had a beautiful, pendulous cock.

by Anonymousreply 515April 19, 2023 10:14 AM

R515, Indeed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 516April 19, 2023 10:40 AM

It's a shame that Noah coming back from London was not enough of a reason for Rory Gibson to be shirtless.

by Anonymousreply 517April 19, 2023 2:04 PM

That's quite a picture of Lester.

by Anonymousreply 518April 19, 2023 2:06 PM

No money in the budget for swimming pool sets or speedos!

by Anonymousreply 519April 19, 2023 7:19 PM

Terry's Scrub-a-Luv Poster showcased his pubes and bulge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 520April 19, 2023 8:15 PM

He did seem to like flashing his pubes, didn't he?

Bless.

by Anonymousreply 521April 19, 2023 8:17 PM

[quote] No money in the budget for swimming pool sets or speedos!

Then, I would suggest they just get a 3-pack of Hanes tighty-whitie briefs at Walmart for $10.98.

Chance, Noah, and JaBottom are all probably a Size M. So for fun, just buy a Small pack, and they can have a hose fight at the Chancellor Park.

by Anonymousreply 522April 19, 2023 8:23 PM

Is there not a Starbucks in Genoa City?

by Anonymousreply 523April 19, 2023 8:25 PM

During the Billy-Mac years we heard that Nick & Sharon's Crimson Lights was the "Coffee House by Day, All-Ages Dance Club at Night."

That line still makes me laugh.

Now they can add "Drop-in Psych Counseling Clinic."

by Anonymousreply 524April 19, 2023 8:34 PM

R522 Do they have to wear tighty whities? How about some stylish multi-colored bikini briefs?

by Anonymousreply 525April 19, 2023 10:45 PM

R525 They can be any color you want, as long as they're not black or some other dark color. We need VPL which gets lost with black and dark colors.

by Anonymousreply 526April 19, 2023 10:50 PM

How about a Genoa City dudes-only volleyball game and barbecue at Chancellor Park? I'm picture JaBottom in a purple speedo, Noah in a green one, and Chance in blue.

by Anonymousreply 527April 19, 2023 11:01 PM

Volleyball calls for volleyball shorts, not trashy Speedos.

by Anonymousreply 528April 19, 2023 11:08 PM

R528 We're trying to see package sizes. The situation calls for speedos.

by Anonymousreply 529April 19, 2023 11:24 PM

R528 R529 I'll compromise with some light-colored mesh shorts with side splits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 530April 19, 2023 11:33 PM

Elder NYC gay here. I n the 80’s i I used to see Peter Bergman at the Y which had communal showers at the time. A nice but average dick but he had the prettiest I’d ever seen. Had sex with the late Terry Lester who was really amazing in bed, but really uptight about people finding out he was gay. I understood his feelings though.

by Anonymousreply 531April 19, 2023 11:39 PM

R531

Prettiest ass

by Anonymousreply 532April 19, 2023 11:41 PM

r531

the prettiest what?

by Anonymousreply 533April 19, 2023 11:41 PM

Tell us more, R531! Spare no details!!

by Anonymousreply 534April 20, 2023 12:00 AM

During the locker room scene in the 1995 prime time episode, Diamont flashed his ass, but LaBergman remained ever-so-modest, stepping into the shower with his towel wrap on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 535April 20, 2023 12:02 AM

R531 Are you black?

(I ask because that was apparently a preference of Terry's)

by Anonymousreply 536April 20, 2023 12:15 AM

Next week's preview at the end of Friday's episode shows Sphyllis already revealing herself to Summer.

Good thing no one called Avery to tell her that her sister was dead!

by Anonymousreply 537April 21, 2023 12:04 AM

EB is being treated for bladder cancer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538April 22, 2023 4:38 AM

R538, I had two male cousins die from that, both in their sixties.

by Anonymousreply 539April 22, 2023 5:56 AM

He said the doctor indicated the cancer hasn't gone beyond the bladder wall, and survival rate for that is about 96%. Good thing he happened to meet the other doctor at Cedars Sinai, since the first doctor had given him an all clear.

by Anonymousreply 540April 22, 2023 6:43 AM

Feel better soon, Hans.

by Anonymousreply 541April 22, 2023 9:33 AM

Not a Victor Newman fan but yes, all the good thoughts to EB/Hans and wishing a return to health.

by Anonymousreply 542April 22, 2023 3:01 PM

Boredway actually made me laugh today. .. When Bitch Ashley was going on and on and ON about Diane, Abby just sat there looking rather fatigued, disinterested, then replied, "Mom, maybe Uncle jack's right. Maybe you should MOVE out."

Victor also made me laugh. He's got Sally's number, advising Nicholas that "She has both of you where she wants you." .. That's about it in a nutshell; although I wouldn't doubt Sally's had fantasies about a three-way with Nick and Adam. They should show that.

Lauren's big weeping and wailing scene over dead Sphyllis? .. Kinda flat, because Bregman's face doesn't move at all now.

Also heard during Aunt Jack's scene with Lauren -- they slipped in the line, "Allie moved in with Noah to get away from all the tension." .. Since Noah lives with Sharon, and we never see her place, I guess that means, these two live at Crimson Lights too. Buh-bye.

OMG. They actually talked about Christian today.

by Anonymousreply 543April 25, 2023 7:45 PM

[quote]They actually talked about Christian today.

The first of Adam's sons he will have surrendered to Nicholas, unless Sally comes to her senses.

by Anonymousreply 544April 25, 2023 7:51 PM

Christian is younger than Connor, so he's more than likely destined to suffer from Ye Olde Soap Opera trope known as "Second Son Syndrome."

The one advantage Christian has, though, is that, unlike his half-bro Connor, he's not bio-related to Johnny. .. So when Christian and Johnny hook-up in the Walnut Grove locker room after the championship Lacrosse game, this will drive Connor absolutely nuts.

by Anonymousreply 545April 25, 2023 8:15 PM

Why is Nicholas bringing up Christian if Christian is Adam's son? (I didn't watch Y&R at all between early MAB and early Mark Grossman.)

by Anonymousreply 546April 25, 2023 8:32 PM

R546 Nick has full custody of Christian and is raising him as his nephew-son.

It's a very convoluted yarn that had its origins in a doctor switching babies (Sage's baby for Sharon's dead baby) with the boy we know as "Christian Newman" originally thought to be "Sullivan 'Sully' McAvoy."

Along the way, there were DNA tests where the results were kept secret, not to mention other things in the interim such as Adam's imprisonment as well as his subsequent "death" and amnesia when he was off-screen living as "Spider" in Vegas.

When Adam returned in 2019, there was a move on his part to have a relationship and take custody of Christian, but the young boy also began being used as something of a pawn in the business games that were being played back then.

Adam began a custody battle; It got very heated. At one point, the judge said something about neither one of these hot heads being a suitable father. .. lol.

I think it was Chelsea who eventually guilt-ed Adam into letting Christian remain with Nick, since Nick had been raising the boy as his son for something like four years already. Adam reconsidered the best interests of the boy and quit the battle with Nick getting official custody. It's been that way ever since.

by Anonymousreply 547April 25, 2023 10:06 PM

So Jack will get arrested, accused of murdering Stark?

by Anonymousreply 548April 26, 2023 8:50 AM

Is this the second time Phyllis faked her death..or something similar?

by Anonymousreply 549April 26, 2023 11:21 AM

Also, I finally got around to watching that 50-year special and was reminded how unbelievably HOT Josh Marrow was back in the day. Fucking STUNNING. He's aged very well too.

by Anonymousreply 550April 26, 2023 11:25 AM

So Bergman and Thompson have been nominated for Lead Actor Emmy's. For what exactly? The writing for both has been terrible for several years.

Also nominated, Benard for GH (FFS), Flynn for DAYS, and Kaye for B&B.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 551April 26, 2023 11:29 AM

I'll go ahead and Oh, Dear myself for "Emmy's"

by Anonymousreply 552April 26, 2023 11:31 AM

R551, there's nobody else to nominate.

by Anonymousreply 553April 26, 2023 11:56 AM

Did David Canary get a nomination too? He's always nominated.

by Anonymousreply 554April 26, 2023 1:34 PM

R551, Thorsten Kaye for Best Actor???

by Anonymousreply 555April 26, 2023 2:12 PM

Thorsten Kaye makes Drake Hogestyn look like Olivier.

by Anonymousreply 556April 26, 2023 2:19 PM

DAYTIME Emmys

by Anonymousreply 557April 26, 2023 6:58 PM

[quote] So Bergman and Thompson have been nominated for Lead Actor Emmy's. For what exactly?

Just about any 'lead' can come up with a 15-minute reel from their work in 120+ episodes throughout a calendar year. And it's been said that shorter is actually better, so aim for 7-minutes, so the judges don't turn it off mid-way.

I would guess LaBergman's reel has something to do with all of Aunt Jack's melodrama-conflict surrounding The Return of Dianejenkins, since that was basically the show's biggest storyline throughout 2022, and he could probably put together clips that actually tell a mini-story.

As for Thompson, I could see him putting together a reel involving his role in the show's biggest PSA of 2022: Chelsea's depression and attempted suicide. I might guess that Thompson and Egan (nomintated in the lead actress category) chose clips that compliment one another's reel. Sometimes that's done, so judges get an additional perspective from the same story. .. There was also the scene where he and Chelsea discussed what happened in Myanmar - rehashing the issue of consent.

by Anonymousreply 558April 26, 2023 7:43 PM

^** Of course, I meant "complement one another's reel".

;)

by Anonymousreply 559April 26, 2023 7:46 PM

R559, I've done that so many times with complement and compliment!

How would Thompson and Egan submitting different scenes help the other if there are different judges judging actor and actress, though?

A few years ago, Y&R won writing and show for the Neil memorial episodes; an otherwise putrid year but it's pretty hard to screw up a funeral episode.

If the show didn't have that to submit I'm not sure it would have won.

Drives me bonkers that someone can win actor best actor for a year when all they have is a few shows.

WHERE was Maura West's nomination? She must not have submitted.

by Anonymousreply 560April 26, 2023 7:54 PM

R550, Josh was both pretty and masculine at the same time.

He may be right wing but he's super nice. Kind to everyone.

by Anonymousreply 561April 26, 2023 7:55 PM

Did they submit for best writing?

Since no one is left on the writing staff......

by Anonymousreply 562April 26, 2023 8:17 PM

R551 The best actor/actress noms seem to be a popularity contest. Few if any nominees really had the reels for it this year.

by Anonymousreply 563April 26, 2023 8:18 PM

A new thread - this one is almost full....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 564April 26, 2023 8:27 PM

R562 Yes. All four of the "regular' soaps are in the writing category along with The Bay and Beyond Salem 2.

btw - These awards are for calendar year 2022, and the fired Y&R writers are still getting screen credits today. Since writing is out even further than production, I would guess we won't see their names disappear for a another few weeks.

by Anonymousreply 565April 26, 2023 8:48 PM

Can Sharon and Chance just fuck already?

by Anonymousreply 566April 26, 2023 9:33 PM

Who hasn't Sharon fucked in Genoa City?

by Anonymousreply 567April 26, 2023 9:43 PM

Tessa.

by Anonymousreply 568April 26, 2023 9:46 PM

R567, Sharon marrying Victor was one of the worst Y&R storylines ever.

by Anonymousreply 569April 26, 2023 9:49 PM

Conner Floyd is only 29. Chance should be fucking Sleepytime Noah. That might wake him up.

by Anonymousreply 570April 26, 2023 9:53 PM

Where’s my fucking nomination?

by Anonymousreply 571April 26, 2023 9:57 PM

Sharon hasn't fucked me yet!

Yet!

by Anonymousreply 572April 26, 2023 10:06 PM

[quote]Who hasn't Sharon fucked in Genoa City?

I'm a member of that club, but will be happy to drop my membership for the right storyline.

by Anonymousreply 573April 26, 2023 10:13 PM

R572 Sharon pegging JaBottom would be new and give Y&R some buzz.

by Anonymousreply 574April 26, 2023 10:26 PM

Is this thing with Victoria salivating over Nate's BBC leading to a sexual harassment in the workplace story? Because she's almost as bad LaBaldwin chasing after Little Bug at the law firm ca. 1992.

by Anonymousreply 575April 26, 2023 10:36 PM

R575 at least Victoria's lust for Nate is understandable. Michael being driven 'mad' by sexy Cricket was Bill Bell's rape fantasy over his own daughter. Bell was ONE SICK FUCK.

by Anonymousreply 576April 26, 2023 11:09 PM

Nate must be hung like a mule for Victoria to be practically drooling for more.

by Anonymousreply 577April 26, 2023 11:48 PM

I'm still dead bitches!

by Anonymousreply 578April 27, 2023 2:00 AM

[quote] Nate must be hung like a mule

photos please

by Anonymousreply 579April 27, 2023 2:01 AM

oops!

by Anonymousreply 580April 27, 2023 2:01 AM

Dear God in Heaven!

by Anonymousreply 581April 27, 2023 7:54 PM

So, Phyllis is walking around Genoa City without any hint of a disguise?

by Anonymousreply 582April 27, 2023 7:59 PM

^^^ In a public park on a bright, sunny Spring day, no less.

by Anonymousreply 583April 27, 2023 8:10 PM

Yeah wouldn't have had made more sense for her to stick with that Chinese woman disguise she used at her memorial? I can't believe I am typing that I'm hopeful Summer does the right thing. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 584April 27, 2023 8:52 PM

The least Phyllis could have done is worn The Baseball Cap of Invisibility.

by Anonymousreply 585April 27, 2023 9:29 PM

reminder, new thread is already up

(but yes let's finish this one)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586April 28, 2023 1:37 AM

Hussy!

by Anonymousreply 587April 28, 2023 1:37 AM

How long, Summer?

by Anonymousreply 588April 28, 2023 1:47 AM

NuSummer

even more of a lump than old summer

by Anonymousreply 589April 28, 2023 1:56 AM

I usually don't mind this Summer. The other one resembled a slug. I couldn't blame Sally for wanting to get rid of her. I was so pleased she was gone, I didn't even hate JaBottom anymore for being in love with her, though I wouldn't have minded if they'd kept Lola.

by Anonymousreply 590April 28, 2023 2:01 AM

Sally sucks. And is an offense to the original.

by Anonymousreply 591April 28, 2023 2:02 AM

I miss Papi Rey and his big pinga.

by Anonymousreply 592April 28, 2023 2:03 AM

I don't mind Sally, though I did not know the original. She will always be the girl who got rid of Summer. I can't imagine why she's choosing Nick over Adam, however. I would be on that Grossman cock the way the actress is IRL.

by Anonymousreply 593April 28, 2023 2:07 AM

He's poking another costar?

He is underwhelming to me, sorry.

by Anonymousreply 594April 28, 2023 2:10 AM

Esther, get the door.

by Anonymousreply 595April 28, 2023 2:10 AM

ESTHER!

by Anonymousreply 596April 28, 2023 2:10 AM

DEAR GOD IN HEAVEN!

by Anonymousreply 597April 28, 2023 2:10 AM

I'm still dead bitches!

by Anonymousreply 598April 28, 2023 2:11 AM

And Scoche Marin STILL does not exist.

by Anonymousreply 599April 28, 2023 2:11 AM

Buh bye!

by Anonymousreply 600April 28, 2023 2:11 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!