Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Def Leppard's one-armed drummer Rick Allen violently assaulted by Spring Breaker

A 19-year-old has been charged with violent assault against Def Leppard's drummer Rick Allen.

The assault happened over the weekend after the band was in Florida to perform as part of their tour co-headlining with Mötley Crüe.

One armed drummer Rick Allen was having a cigarette outside the Four Seasons Hotel in Fort Lauderdale when he was attacked by 19-year-old Max Edward Hartley.

The teenager, from Ohio, reportedly rushed out from behind a pillar where he'd been hiding and knocked the musician to the floor.

Hartley has subsequently been arrested and bailed for the assault, with Allen giving a sworn statement to the police and pushing them to make a prosecution.

Allen, who lost his arm in a car accident in 1984, is reported to have hit his head on the ground during the assault.

A woman nearby who rushed to help was also reported to have been hurt by Hartley as he allegedly hit her and dragged her by her hair.

A report from authorities states: "While she is on the ground, the defendant continues to batter her by striking her. [She] attempts to escape by running into the hotel.

High School Varsity Lacrosse and Football player Max Edward Hartley has been charged for the attack. Credit: Facebook High School Varsity Lacrosse and Football player Max Edward Hartley has been charged for the attack. Credit: Facebook "The defendant then grabs [her] by her hair and drags her out of the lobby and back onto the sidewalk before fleeing the area."

Police officers arrested Hartley in a nearby hotel parking lot where he was found breaking car windows.

Hartley, a member of both the Varsity and Football teams for Ohio's Saint Ignatius High School in Cleveland, was in Florida for Spring Break at the time of the attack.

Hartley was arrested and taken to Broward County Jail on Tuesday. He has subsequently been charged with two counts of battery, four counts of criminal mischief, and abusing an elderly or disabled adult.

When approached by 7News and asked: "Are you a Def Leppard fan?", Hartley declined to comment. The teen instead covered his face with his arms, showing grazes and injury to his elbows believed to be sustained in the attack.

19-year-old Hartley has declined to comment on the attack. Credit: WSVN 19-year-old Hartley has declined to comment on the attack. Credit: WSVN Def Leppard are still continuing on their World Tour, and will next appear in their hometown of Sheffield at Bramall Lane on May 22 this year.

Last year the tour covered North America, selling out stadiums across the states for the tour alongside Mötley Crüe with the long-awaited tour selling over 1.3 million tickets worldwide.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68March 21, 2023 5:37 PM

The kid's parents are probably Trump supporters.

by Anonymousreply 1March 20, 2023 11:25 AM

EXCLUSIVE: Def Leppard drummer Rick Allen issues statement on Florida attack

Rick Allen, the drummer of Def Leppard, issued a statement exclusively to ABC News on Sunday in response to being violently assaulted in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, last week.

"Thank you everyone for your overwhelming support. Your love and prayers are truly helping. My wife Lauren [Monroe] was thankfully not with me at the time of the incident. We are together now, and working on recovering in a safe space," the statement said, adding they are focused on "healing for everyone involved."

"We ask you to join us in our effort to move from confusion and shock to compassion and empathy," the statement continued. "We understand this act of violence can be triggering for so many people. To all of the fans, veterans and first responders in our global community, we are thinking of you all. Together with love, we can all get through these difficult times.

Police arrested Ohio teenager Max Hartley, 19, after he allegedly attacked the 59-year-old drummer outside of the Four Seasons in Fort Lauderdale on March 13, a day after the band played at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel, according to authorities.

Allen, who lost his arm in an accident in 1984 and has played the drums with one arm ever since, hit his head after Hartley allegedly came up from behind and threw him to the ground, according to a police report reviewed by ABC News.

A woman who reportedly tried to interfere in the incident was also allegedly attacked by Hartley, who began hitting her and dragging her by her hair, according to police.

Hartley was caught shortly after the incident and has since been charged with four counts of criminal mischief, a felony; one count of misdemeanor battery and one count of aggravated battery, according to a Fort Lauderdale police incident report.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2March 20, 2023 11:26 AM

Whether they are or not, he certainly wasn't raised right.

by Anonymousreply 3March 20, 2023 11:27 AM

R3 Which is why his parents are probably Trump supporters.

by Anonymousreply 4March 20, 2023 11:29 AM

Allen's statement wasn't very metal.

I'm glad he's okay, and that someone tried to help him.

Also, what the fuck? How drunk was this kid that he attacked an elderly one-armed man?

by Anonymousreply 5March 20, 2023 11:31 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6March 20, 2023 11:32 AM

What do his parents have to do with anything? He is 19 years old, responsible for his own actions.

by Anonymousreply 7March 20, 2023 11:33 AM

R6 Yep. Trump supporters.

by Anonymousreply 8March 20, 2023 11:34 AM

I tried to post a picture of the defendant and his mother! (For her hair)

I also mentioned that Rick Allen--unbelievably--beat his first wife during the 1990s. But, apparently, he cleaned up his act. And, like the previous poster alluded to, the guy is already 59.

The defendant sounds like he was on drugs.

by Anonymousreply 9March 20, 2023 11:35 AM

He looks like a douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 10March 20, 2023 11:36 AM

The charges don’t seem like enough for all he did. He also attacked a woman trying to stop him.

by Anonymousreply 11March 20, 2023 11:39 AM

Young white male jocks are under attack! First the 23 year old hockey player who pushed the wheelchair down the flight of stairs and now this!

by Anonymousreply 12March 20, 2023 11:39 AM

R12

Is this really a shock for some of the biggest douches on the planet? And these assholes will still be propped up by society.

by Anonymousreply 13March 20, 2023 11:47 AM

Scarily he looks like that creepy kid who shot up the school years back

by Anonymousreply 14March 20, 2023 11:49 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15March 20, 2023 12:23 PM

Def Leopard are known to be violent Maga supporters.

by Anonymousreply 16March 20, 2023 12:29 PM

Assaulting an elderly, disabled celebrity? His life is over.

by Anonymousreply 17March 20, 2023 12:41 PM

I didn't know he was only 59. I apologize to any 59 year olds I may have offended. He looks about 72.

by Anonymousreply 18March 20, 2023 12:43 PM

Was it an armed robbery?

by Anonymousreply 19March 20, 2023 12:50 PM

R19 Weak. You need a severe spanking for that lame joke.

by Anonymousreply 20March 20, 2023 12:52 PM

R6 maga Peter Brady

by Anonymousreply 21March 20, 2023 1:15 PM

Miami is under a curfew.

by Anonymousreply 22March 20, 2023 1:20 PM

Def Leppard sucks, but that's no reason to beat up a guy

by Anonymousreply 23March 20, 2023 1:41 PM

Beating up a one armed boy is worse than beating up an old lady.

by Anonymousreply 24March 20, 2023 2:23 PM

R5 , R17 59 is NOT elderly.

I realized this when I turned 60.

by Anonymousreply 25March 20, 2023 5:10 PM

This kid was drinking and drugging. Probably has parents who never said no. If I'd wanted to go to spring break out of state in HS my parents would have given a resounding "hell, no" response.

by Anonymousreply 26March 20, 2023 5:20 PM

What was the motive?

by Anonymousreply 27March 20, 2023 5:33 PM

The attacker looks like a dyke.

by Anonymousreply 28March 20, 2023 5:35 PM

He looks like Stephanie Seymore's "confused" son.

by Anonymousreply 29March 20, 2023 5:40 PM

The attacker is 19 and in high school? His Catholic education didn’t teach him about compassion for others.

by Anonymousreply 30March 20, 2023 5:40 PM

[quote]Hartley has subsequently been arrested and bailed for the assault,

Is this a typo? Did they mean arrested and jailed?

by Anonymousreply 31March 20, 2023 6:03 PM

He has dead eyes and looks like a psychopath.

by Anonymousreply 32March 20, 2023 6:16 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33March 20, 2023 6:45 PM

Here's his mom (see R33). You don't need a psych eval to see bitch is crazy. The perp should pay for his crimes, but he never had a chance with this woman as his mother.

by Anonymousreply 34March 20, 2023 6:46 PM

I like "Too Late For Love"

by Anonymousreply 35March 20, 2023 6:49 PM

[quote] Which is why his parents are probably Trump supporters.

Don't be stupid. Yeah, we hate Trump but how badly kids are raised has nothing to do with the parents' political leaning.

by Anonymousreply 36March 20, 2023 6:54 PM

[quote] one-armed drummer

How does one drum with only one arm?

by Anonymousreply 37March 20, 2023 7:09 PM

In his case, terrifically.

by Anonymousreply 38March 20, 2023 7:35 PM

R36 Yes, it does. Because if you support Trump, you're a fucking idiot, and fucking idiots would bring up a son to become a fucking idiot who would beat up a man with one arm.

by Anonymousreply 39March 20, 2023 8:43 PM

R39 is 1000% delusional and psychotic. Not one word you said is true. Blocked. Troll.

by Anonymousreply 40March 20, 2023 9:06 PM

R40 is obviously a Trump supporter.

by Anonymousreply 41March 20, 2023 9:11 PM

Careful, r41. R40 might block you and then you'll miss out on a lot of stimulating conversations.

by Anonymousreply 42March 20, 2023 9:34 PM

It's a good thing he announced it, too. The block feature doesn't work unless you announce and flounce.

by Anonymousreply 43March 20, 2023 9:45 PM

R42 However will I go on if that happens?

by Anonymousreply 44March 20, 2023 10:03 PM

R43 Nobody writes "I've blocked you" letters in cursive anymore. The world has gone to shit.

by Anonymousreply 45March 20, 2023 10:05 PM

There's sure to be support groups for people like you, r44. You'll pick up the pieces and move on with your life.

We're here for you.

by Anonymousreply 46March 20, 2023 10:06 PM

[quote]Nobody writes "I've blocked you" letters in cursive anymore.

I remember when we did it in calligraphy here.

by Anonymousreply 47March 20, 2023 10:07 PM

[quote]How does one drum with only one arm?

With a specially modified drum kit.

by Anonymousreply 48March 20, 2023 10:08 PM

Daily Mail is always referring to somebody's suburban tract house or added-on post-war starter home as a "mansion." Please. I know dank hobbit holes are a common dwelling type in the UK, but that still doesn't make these very regular American homes mansions by comparison.

by Anonymousreply 49March 20, 2023 10:25 PM

It's Daily Mail. That's how they insult people. "Looking comfy" means "looks fat as hell."

by Anonymousreply 50March 20, 2023 10:56 PM

"Hartley has subsequently been arrested and bailed for the assault,"

It's what passes for journalism nowadays.

Reporter meant to say suspect was arrested, arraigned and released on bail.

by Anonymousreply 51March 21, 2023 2:27 AM

[quote]also mentioned that Rick Allen--unbelievably--beat his first wife during the 90s.

I remember that because it happened after he lost the arm. I thought how could anyone allow themselves to be beaten and dragged by a one-armed man.

by Anonymousreply 52March 21, 2023 2:41 AM

I've met Rick. He was lovely, friendly and down to earth. (Not excusing if he did bad things before this). He was enjoying his cigarette break after another cracker of a gig while giving some diehard fans his signature. I have seen Def Leppard a few times so of course I will be gushing, but they always give 1000% and deserve the accolades. That kid is a disgrace. Shame that some Leppard fans weren't around to kick his scrawny arse!

by Anonymousreply 53March 21, 2023 2:49 AM

In R33's article...... the mother looks like Marsha Blackburn's crazier sister

by Anonymousreply 54March 21, 2023 2:58 AM

I'm an artsy fartsy Gen X post-punker, and I frigging LOVE Def Leppard. "Pyromania" and "Hysteria" are absolute eternal masterpieces of rock. I feel personally embarrassed and mortified that this happened to Rick Allen. Out of all members of that band that a person could antagonize, why did it have to be the sweet lil mop-topped one-armed drummer?!?

by Anonymousreply 55March 21, 2023 3:07 AM

Like what's the minimum injury one can have in a car accident that it'll be noted in every single story about you iin perpetuity. I guess probably a limb but like if he'd only lost one or two fingers it probably would never get mentioned. I imagine occupation might also be a factor given he's a drummer.

by Anonymousreply 56March 21, 2023 3:33 AM

This reminds me of how a couple years ago I was staying with a friend of a friend in their cabin and like some sort of MTV type channel is on and pour some sugar on me came on. The lady who is friends with my friend claimed that she was there when they filmed that show and that video and that it was done locally here. However it wasn't and so she's either confused or a liar. also I swear I've heard that exact story before back when the video first came out. The exact same story so maybe I met her then cuz she could have been friends with like my older brother or something.

by Anonymousreply 57March 21, 2023 3:36 AM

Thinking about it I bet there is a girl like that in every situation that claims she was in some random music video this one time like oh I was the girl at the mall when Tiffany saying or I was on some merry-go-round for Madonna or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 58March 21, 2023 3:37 AM

It was FL, this incident woulda been funner if Henry ate the one armed drummer. They coulda buried the shit. I will never forget Henry. I loved that gator.

by Anonymousreply 59March 21, 2023 9:43 AM

Aww, thank you, r59. You're pretty sweet yourself.

But don't think I wouldn't take a chunk out of your ass.

by Anonymousreply 60March 21, 2023 2:02 PM

R60 So sad when they kill gators for being gators. A girl's gotta eat.

by Anonymousreply 61March 21, 2023 2:07 PM

Why the fuck did they allow the gator population to explode? They should have wiped them out years ago. People are always more important. I'd hate if there could be a killer fucking dinosaur under every rock and tree. Jeesus fack.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62March 21, 2023 2:22 PM

Ahhh yes. Probably the mother's fault. Blame the bitch! Don't ever change DL. Shame the kid wasn't black. This could have been 300 posts of racist nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 63March 21, 2023 2:43 PM

R63 The mom's hair is a crime. It only makes sense that she'd be a shitty parent, having obviously been more concerned about what was going on on top of her head instead of in her own home.

by Anonymousreply 64March 21, 2023 3:05 PM

[quote] Also, what the fuck? How drunk was this kid that he attacked an elderly one-armed man?

Probably about as drunk as Allen was when he got in that car accident.

by Anonymousreply 65March 21, 2023 4:19 PM

That 'kid' is an adult and deserves everything he has coming to him. But come on, he's fucked up because his mom is clearly fucked up. I can smell the crazy wafting off of her through my screen.

by Anonymousreply 66March 21, 2023 4:47 PM

Will the Mom's hair be on trial? How much bail will be set for the hair? Who will serve as a character reference for the hair? Is the hair a co-conspirator? Does the hair fit the standards of criminal insanity? Is the hair TRANS?

by Anonymousreply 67March 21, 2023 5:12 PM

I agree R64, but Dad's not in the picture. Is even the picture?

by Anonymousreply 68March 21, 2023 5:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!