Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kenny Xu wants DEI gone at every medical school

The young conservative activist Kenny Xu is not just talking about a revolution.

He’s dead serious about ensuring that Americans are treated by qualified doctors — not those accepted to med schools because of their victim status or the color of their skin, he told The Post.

Do you agree or disagree with K-Wu ? Is Meritocracy more important or less important in the medical field than DEI ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48March 19, 2023 1:32 PM

I want trolls gone from DL. How is that?

by Anonymousreply 1March 18, 2023 3:57 PM

NY Post, bitch? As a troll, you're pretty basic.

by Anonymousreply 2March 18, 2023 3:57 PM

Fuck Rupert Murdoch's NYPost!

by Anonymousreply 3March 18, 2023 3:57 PM

Rupert Murdoch’s Press Empire Is a Threat to Democracy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4March 18, 2023 3:58 PM

Murdoch’s News Corp accused of undermining democracy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5March 18, 2023 3:59 PM

The UNC vote was about diversity favouritism for STAFFING, not med school entrance.

by Anonymousreply 6March 18, 2023 4:02 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 7March 18, 2023 4:03 PM

Every terrible doctor I’ve had was an old white guy.

by Anonymousreply 8March 18, 2023 4:08 PM

I think that there are plenty of people who may be good with tests but not good with knowing their own limits. Hierarchical systems hurt people and arrogant people hurt people all the time. They have a lot invested in the idea that they can never be wrong and they are often beholden to financial interests.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9March 18, 2023 4:08 PM

Lol, I am laughing so hard at the CCP shills throwing hissy fits in here!

Shouldn't you be out there stealing some poor kid's pocket money they dropped?

by Anonymousreply 10March 18, 2023 4:08 PM

^ consequently, my favorite doctor ever cured my back pain through a series of epidurals and therapy. He was young and black.

by Anonymousreply 11March 18, 2023 4:09 PM

R1 You can leave at any time, and take your sock accounts who are triggered by the NY Post with you. See ya.

by Anonymousreply 12March 18, 2023 4:09 PM

[R1], [R2], [R3}, [R4], [R5], [R7] = same poster. One troll, six sock puppet accounts.

by Anonymousreply 13March 18, 2023 4:12 PM

If the only criterion were grades and test scores, every top-tier campus in the US would be 80% Asian.

by Anonymousreply 14March 18, 2023 4:14 PM

THE UNC VOTE WAS NOT ABOUT MED SCHOOL ENTRANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 15March 18, 2023 4:17 PM

R15 :

"He’s dead serious about ensuring that Americans are treated by qualified doctors — not those accepted to med schools because of their victim status or the color of their skin, he told The Post."

by Anonymousreply 16March 18, 2023 4:21 PM

Does he want standards for journalism as well, because the NY Post has none.

"Who anti-DEI crusader who beat UNC is targeting now" ?

by Anonymousreply 17March 18, 2023 4:26 PM

The most important point is that Kenny Xu is "not Hott at all" Can you make him a " Hott sexy Asian man"?

by Anonymousreply 18March 18, 2023 4:28 PM

Rupert Murdoch is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 19March 18, 2023 4:28 PM

R13 you're a paranoid idiot. I'm R3, R4 & R5, and I've been posting about what a threat Murdoch is, and how he's been destroying Western Democracy, for years, so fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 20March 18, 2023 4:28 PM

R16, a lot of what “qualified doctors” learn in medical school is biased figures from studies that were paid for by corporations. Maximum benefits, minimized side effects. Are a lot of them good at math and logic? Sure. But they don’t know what they don’t know and they are overconfident in their own expertise. A person could memorize the whole internet and still be biased in terms of what they believe and how they act. So countering that bias is critical.

Also, all human beings are animals and having an ability at memorization doesn’t take away our instinctive tendency to take shortcuts in decision making. “Qualified doctors” can skip steps, take shortcuts, and do illogical things all the time. What you care about matters.

Abilities and value go beyond testing and even beyond humanity. Try navigating through migration like a bird or networking underground like a tree. Under the religion of animism, everything had a soul but under nihilism, nothing has inherent value. I would rather have someone who cares about doing research and helping me. As long as they can do that, I don’t care how much they could memorize at one time for a test.

by Anonymousreply 21March 18, 2023 4:38 PM

I've dealt with a shitload of white and Asian doctors and they were terrible. I had a black doctor (African) who was brilliant. Basic standardized testing is not enough.

I had one doctor with the glowing, Ivy League creds and he was awful. Bad diagnosis and unhelpful. I'm no longer impressed with whatever school they went to.

by Anonymousreply 22March 18, 2023 4:45 PM

As someone who's half-Asian myself, Asians can be really short-sighted about this sort of stuff. And kind of racist towards those with darker tones, like black people or Indians.

I'm sure Kenny thinks he earned everything he got by himself. And maybe he did.

But he'll always be a looked down minority to some people, probably the very people he's cozying up to, no matter how much of a Model Minority he tries to be.

We saw that with COVID.

by Anonymousreply 23March 18, 2023 4:52 PM

They NYPost is TRASH. why are we reading this here?

by Anonymousreply 24March 18, 2023 4:53 PM

R20 has way too many sock puppets. He just added R24 to his collection.

by Anonymousreply 25March 18, 2023 4:58 PM

I love how conservatives claim to support "meritocracy"......but then they elect a game show host with no political experience to be president of the United States.

They think George Santos and Lauren Boebert are qualified to be members of Congress. They think Herschel Walker was qualified to be a US Senator. They voted for Tommy Tuberville, a not-terribly-bright football coach, to be a Senator.

So spare me the bullshit about "meritocracy"

by Anonymousreply 26March 18, 2023 4:59 PM

Pfft...

The medical profession has no shortage of ESL doctors one generation removed from an over-populated "Third World" nation who are so accustomed to mass misery and death that they would not bat an eye at yours.

by Anonymousreply 27March 18, 2023 5:00 PM

[quote]They voted for Tommy Tuberville, a not-terribly-bright football coach, to be a Senator.

He didn't know the three branches of govt! I mean Jesus Christ. he beat Doug Jones, a brilliant civil rights lawyers.

It's like going to a mechanic who doesn't know what a steering wheel is.

by Anonymousreply 28March 18, 2023 5:02 PM

lawyer*

by Anonymousreply 29March 18, 2023 5:02 PM

R28 Be careful...The conservatives will remind you that SCJ Katanji Brown couldn't define 'woman' when asked by Marsha Blackburn asked her to define the word during her SC confirmation.

by Anonymousreply 30March 18, 2023 5:05 PM

This thread is so stupid. Why is this on DL?

Let’s not post things that we find on the bottom of the internet floor. It’s not appropriate for datalounge.

Take it to Facebook.

by Anonymousreply 31March 18, 2023 5:12 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 32March 18, 2023 5:20 PM

R31 Most of the posts on DL are found on the bottom of the internet floor. It's called a 'discussion'.

by Anonymousreply 33March 18, 2023 5:21 PM

R32 Your snapshot doesn't support much of what you claim. Try harder. We expect better from you.

by Anonymousreply 34March 18, 2023 5:22 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35March 18, 2023 5:36 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36March 18, 2023 5:40 PM

I don't care who they are, I want doctors to be well qualified. If it's apples to apples with the exception of skin color, fine, give the minority a spot. If the applicant has lower test scores and grades than their non minority counterparts (or vice versa), then that should be a no go.

by Anonymousreply 37March 18, 2023 6:35 PM

Good for the NYPost for reporting about this guy's efforts.

There should be a debate about DEI.

Even the NYTimes is coming around with two recent opinion pieces on the subject.

by Anonymousreply 38March 18, 2023 7:57 PM

While we're at it, keep fucking morons like Kushner and Dubya and the countless other dumb fucks out of schools they never should've been allowed to get into in the first place

by Anonymousreply 39March 18, 2023 8:00 PM

[quote] If the applicant has lower test scores and grades than their non minority counterparts (or vice versa), then that should be a no go.

I don't want my health and well-being in the hands of the doctor with ONLY the highest test scores and grades. I want a knowledgeable, skilled, compassionate, thoughtful healthcare provider -- not Elon Musk.

by Anonymousreply 40March 18, 2023 11:41 PM

Holy shit. I blocked the one dweeb who complained about bots and most of this thread is gone. Another useless thread from Boris.

by Anonymousreply 41March 18, 2023 11:52 PM

You can just tell this guy would have terrible bedside manner and zero compassion for his patients. Well educated children of well educated PRC immigrants can be so arrogant. They think being top of their class in standardized testing makes them gods.

If he's so obsessed with test scores they should introduce personality tests and weed out those without the compassion for the job. I'm sure he wouldn't be such a fan after that.

by Anonymousreply 42March 18, 2023 11:59 PM

I’m an old…er person. I’ve been through the medical gamut. Nothing serious but a lot of shit like back problems etc. I’m not not knocking white male doctors necessarily, but the best care I got was from minorities/women. Truly, women were the best. Never had a bad female doctor.

by Anonymousreply 43March 19, 2023 12:06 AM

r23

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44March 19, 2023 12:44 AM

Glenn Loury = Reaganite Conservative, hard hard pass.

by Anonymousreply 45March 19, 2023 1:10 PM

Forget all this good bedside manner, hold my hand, kind, compassionate bullshit. I want a doctor who has a deep understanding of his craft & has the deft, precise side skill to apply it. If he or she does it with a smile, then great. But being nice about it is the very last requirement I'd have. I want top care from a top qualified professional.

by Anonymousreply 46March 19, 2023 1:28 PM

[quote] If the only criterion were grades and test scores, every top-tier campus in the US would be 80% Asian.

Good.

by Anonymousreply 47March 19, 2023 1:31 PM

R46 has never had a life-threatening illness. A bad bedside manner can make a patient sicker and can make them give up.

by Anonymousreply 48March 19, 2023 1:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!