Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Stealing

Have you ever stolen anything?

I’ve gone through phases where I do. I used to shoplift before there were cameras everywhere. The trick was to go when it was really busy and the staff was distracted.

Dine and dash has always been hard to pull off, but I did it once. Taking Amazon packages was the thing for a while, until everyone got doorbell cameras.

Lately, I’ve gotten into taking things from people’s homes when I’m visiting. Small things that will likely go unnoticed for a long time. Usually something from the bathroom, since you have privacy in there.

by Anonymousreply 132March 24, 2023 4:03 PM

I was a prolific shoplifter in my youth. I made off with over $3k from a Nordstrom one afternoon, just because. Interestingly, the urge to steal left me around 25 and I’ve never done it since.

by Anonymousreply 1March 18, 2023 5:26 AM

$3k in merchandise, I should clarify.

by Anonymousreply 2March 18, 2023 5:27 AM

One good trick is to load up items on the bottom of your cart, something flat like a big screen TV. People never check the bottom, especially if you put heavy items in your cart that covers the view of the bottom.

by Anonymousreply 3March 18, 2023 5:29 AM

Dine and dash is pretty easy to pull off. The trick is to always leave a cash tip. When waiters see cash on the table they just assume the bill has already been settled and pockets the cash without thinking about it. Also you have to take the check with you so the waiter will think someone already took it to the register. If you leave the check on the table, the waiter will know it hasn’t been paid yet.

by Anonymousreply 4March 18, 2023 5:34 AM

Say you're losing your mind by saying you're losing your mind.

by Anonymousreply 5March 18, 2023 5:34 AM

Just once, as a teenager. It was a little piece of dumortierite from a crystal lady's stand at a Christmas market. I felt such a rush, all the metacognitive alarm bells went off in my head and I knew instantly I'd never do it again. And I haven't.

by Anonymousreply 6March 18, 2023 5:35 AM

Never. What's wrong with you all? Do MOST people steal?? I don't think my sister has ever stolen anything either.

by Anonymousreply 7March 18, 2023 5:36 AM

R2, $3K in one haul is pretty good. I had to work up to that. As long as you stay below the $9000 threshold you’ll be good.

by Anonymousreply 8March 18, 2023 5:36 AM

[quote]Taking Amazon packages was the thing for a while, until everyone got doorbell cameras.

Fucking porch pirates are the lowest of the low. I hope you realise just how many people's days you've ruined, and for no reason at all.

by Anonymousreply 9March 18, 2023 5:38 AM

Scum are usually proud to be scum.

by Anonymousreply 10March 18, 2023 5:39 AM

Nope. Always seemed like such a shitty thing to do. Especially to people that you know.

It also happens to be the mother of all red flags.

by Anonymousreply 11March 18, 2023 5:40 AM

I think the fun of taking packages is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get. Could be useful or could be crap. But I always try to be resourceful and make the best of it. One time I got these horrible lotions and argon oil. Used it as lube.

by Anonymousreply 12March 18, 2023 5:41 AM

OP, that dirty, dirty, dirty lowdown.

by Anonymousreply 13March 18, 2023 5:45 AM

Never in my life.

by Anonymousreply 14March 18, 2023 5:46 AM

My mother was a righteous woman. I never saw her so much as drive 5 miles over the speed limit. At five or six I stole a pack of gum from the grocer, and the second she found out, she marched me back inside and made me apologize to the cashier.

Cut to 25 years later, by this point I have a good job and decide to treat mom to an afternoon of lunch and shopping. We have a lovely time and spend awhile browsing at Saks Off Fifth. When we walk out, mom slips a pair of oversized Cavalli sunglasses out of her purse and puts them on. I say “wow, those are fancy - not to mention very unlike you - where did you get them?” She says “they must have fallen in there,” and winks.

To this day, I maintain it was the strangest and most out of character thing I ever saw her do.

by Anonymousreply 15March 18, 2023 5:47 AM

Referring this thread to the FBI.

by Anonymousreply 16March 18, 2023 5:50 AM

I never steal utensils, but if I’m desperate… it’s a whisk I’m willing to take.

by Anonymousreply 17March 18, 2023 5:53 AM

I've stolen a few looks in the locker room.

by Anonymousreply 18March 18, 2023 5:55 AM

No.

by Anonymousreply 19March 18, 2023 5:56 AM

R19 YAWN.

by Anonymousreply 20March 18, 2023 5:57 AM

I have a collection of salt and pepper shakers I take from every restaurant. Some people collect snow globes. I collect salt shakers. 🧂

by Anonymousreply 21March 18, 2023 5:57 AM

At today's price who can afford not to shoplift. I always try to figure out where the cameras are in any store. Also, try to go in when the store is very, very busy. I managed to get out a Dyson Boat and Car vacuum cleaner once and sold it on Ebay. Shoplifter remains my best temptation of all. No one usually suspect a well dressed old white guy.

by Anonymousreply 22March 18, 2023 5:58 AM

I've been caught stealing Once when I was 5 I enjoy stealing It's just as simple as that Well, it's just a simple fact When I want something, I don't want to pay for it

by Anonymousreply 23March 18, 2023 5:59 AM

Once you’ve been robbed, you’ll understand how sickening and violating it feels and never do it again. Shame on you.

by Anonymousreply 24March 18, 2023 6:01 AM

[quote] I always try to figure out where the cameras are in any store.

Me too. Always locate all the cameras and take them out with either spray paint, cover with a towel or smash them with hammer.

by Anonymousreply 25March 18, 2023 6:04 AM

[quote] Once you’ve been robbed, you’ll understand how sickening and violating it feels and never do it again. Shame on you.

Relax, bub. We’re not robbing your house, we’re robbing corporations.

by Anonymousreply 26March 18, 2023 6:06 AM

When I was a kid, I carried a quarter with a string attached to it, and would use it to play video games at the arcade. When the game was done, I’d pull it out and start over. Technically stealing.

by Anonymousreply 27March 18, 2023 6:07 AM

When I was a cashier I would never scan items on the bottom of the cart. I knew they were there and I’d anybody said anything I could say “oops dumb me didn’t look down there”

by Anonymousreply 28March 18, 2023 6:07 AM

Bottom of the cart is the best! It’s how I furnished my house.

by Anonymousreply 29March 18, 2023 6:10 AM

And self-check outs are a great way to bag extra items. I will get five bricks of cheese. and only scan four of them. Then I will take all the bagged groceries out to my car and then go inside and tell the customer service worker I bought the wrong cheese and return the four for a full refund. It is a great way to be able to afford expensive cheese.

by Anonymousreply 30March 18, 2023 6:10 AM

You all are just a bunch of the thieving whores. Derelicts. And the to the poster whose mother stole the Cavallu sunglasses "out of character". That was absolutely not her first time.

by Anonymousreply 31March 18, 2023 6:11 AM

Starbucks is another great place to look for a good discount... Most of the items that are not in the case are easy to swipe. I order a large black coffee but walk out with three extra protein bars too. The staff is never paying attention to what is going on.

by Anonymousreply 32March 18, 2023 6:20 AM

[quote]Have you ever stolen anything?

[italic]Your husband’s heart!

by Anonymousreply 33March 18, 2023 6:23 AM

Yes, and it’s terrible. I was 16 and stole packets of parchment paper for oily skin.

by Anonymousreply 34March 18, 2023 6:24 AM

Why, this site is made up of a bunch of morally bankrupt DEGENERATES!

by Anonymousreply 35March 18, 2023 6:35 AM

Do husbands count?

by Anonymousreply 36March 18, 2023 6:36 AM

A lot of lowlifes on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 37March 18, 2023 6:37 AM

My parents were both grifters: embezzling, real estate scams and so forth.

So when I was young that was my first "job."

Eventually I cut them out of my life and I stopped with the "family business."

by Anonymousreply 38March 18, 2023 6:38 AM

Batshit Chynna Phillips (the real life Valerie Cherish) recently shared an amusing anecdote about being a thieving little klepto as a young woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39March 18, 2023 6:41 AM

Costco is easier to swipe things at then you would think. Just go after church on a Sunday and pick up one expensive item. Then walk past one of the cashiers. They are too busy to notice. Then walk over to returns and it will appear you are taking the item back and just mumble something about the line being too long. No one is paying attention at the entrance door.

by Anonymousreply 40March 18, 2023 6:42 AM

R40 don’t they check receipts at the door?

by Anonymousreply 41March 18, 2023 6:44 AM

And what if they ask for your receipt to highlight at the entrance door?

by Anonymousreply 42March 18, 2023 6:45 AM

Then the bullshit story falls apart.

by Anonymousreply 43March 18, 2023 6:45 AM

They never ask. Just try to get lost in the group of people at the return line. Half the time the front door is unstaffed. No one asks for receipts there. Try it. It is a good way to save some money.

by Anonymousreply 44March 18, 2023 6:47 AM

If they ask for receipt, that’s when you run. Push your cart and run as fast as your legs will take you but don’t forget your loot.

by Anonymousreply 45March 18, 2023 6:47 AM

Only the hearts of the world…..

by Anonymousreply 46March 18, 2023 6:49 AM

You all are trash!

by Anonymousreply 47March 18, 2023 6:51 AM

Just stole several items from a store today and yesterday. Soda, a ceiling fan, trash can, washing detergent, and a small ham. Prior to that, I stole clothing from a mom and pop boutique. The owner was distracted after I made a purchase so I just put a few extra items in my bag on my way out the door.

I’m worth over 3 million dollars and could easily afford to buy these things. It’s the thrill of the chase. If I get caught, I will blame the cashier for not doing their job because I always have a receipt for things I did buy.

by Anonymousreply 48March 18, 2023 7:02 AM

R48 seek help.

by Anonymousreply 49March 18, 2023 7:03 AM

[quote]Relax, bub. We’re not robbing your house, we’re robbing corporations.

Actually, no, you illiterate douchebag. in the end, you are not only robbing corporations. The proud thieving scum in this thread are the people who cause retail prices to get even higher, then, the new inflated prices are passed on to honest PAYING customers.

You cannot possibly be this ignorant not to comprehend this?!

by Anonymousreply 50March 18, 2023 7:11 AM

The only shoplifters I want to hear about are respectable, moneyed middle and upper class moms, who let the mask slip. Of which there are many. Stealing out of need isn't interesting or fun it's just sad.

by Anonymousreply 51March 18, 2023 7:14 AM

Recently had a relatively low value but useful item stolen from my home by a contractor. Took me a time to work out the who and the when. Horrible feeling. Still have contractors about and I’m a tad paranoid. This thread hasn’t helped.

by Anonymousreply 52March 18, 2023 7:15 AM

Anyone who steals from a house, especially the house of a friend, deserves their teeth kicked in.

by Anonymousreply 53March 18, 2023 7:19 AM

The only time I've ever shoplifted is when the grocery store overcharged me on an item that was clearly on sale. The following week or so, I'd get my 'change' back.

by Anonymousreply 54March 18, 2023 7:38 AM

In college my boyfriend and I would shoplift at the supermarket. New York steak down the front of my pants, that sorta thing. We got caught. Pretty embarrassing. I was 19 and that's the last time I ever stole anything.

by Anonymousreply 55March 18, 2023 7:41 AM

The lowest of the thieving scum are home health aides who rob elderly bed bound patients.

An elderly aunt was robbed of some old glassware items which were over 50-70 years old. They were passed on from my late grandmother, the items were in the family for many years. These trashy aides were essentially stealing my cousin's inheritance. It was not about the worth of those items, but about the fact that you are trusting these trashy uncaring women. These women are there to work, not to shop in a patient's home or apartment.

You have to be pretty damn ow to steal from sick elderly people. Even worse, is when the patient isn't exactly rich and is as poor as the home aides who are stealing from them.

by Anonymousreply 56March 18, 2023 7:46 AM

R56 one guess which hue they were.

by Anonymousreply 57March 18, 2023 7:59 AM

Bette tells you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58March 18, 2023 8:05 AM

Shoplifted of course. Who hasn’t?

by Anonymousreply 59March 18, 2023 8:05 AM

R49- I work alone, don’t need any help.

by Anonymousreply 60March 18, 2023 8:16 AM

Unless you are pulling off a major heist of valuable jewelry or the Mona Lisa then it bores me.

Stealing from TJ maxx or some discount warehouse is just sad.

Stealing from or friend or family is just evil.

by Anonymousreply 61March 18, 2023 8:20 AM

I add extra plants to my cart every time I go to Home Depot. They don’t give a shit.

by Anonymousreply 62March 18, 2023 8:21 AM

You should be giving your family and friends some of the stolen goods, not stealing from them.

by Anonymousreply 63March 18, 2023 8:21 AM

If you really want something and it means a lot to you someone might just gift it to you. I like to give people things when it means a lot to them and they don’t take it for granite.

by Anonymousreply 64March 18, 2023 8:22 AM

I was a home health aide. Fully one half of the client homes I was sent to were border-hoarder homes. Windows stuck shut that hadn’t been cleaned or opened for 30 years, kitchen counters that hadn’t seen a scrub pad since 1972, carpets caked so crunchy like tile, stashed canned goods dated 1983, refrigerators that had never, ever been cleaned since installation (I found a Nembutal suppository dated 1962), ceiling-high stacks of empty cereal boxes, feces covered paper towels stuffed in a corner, I could go on and on. One thing I noticed they all had in common: suitably outraged offspring who had left their parents to live in increasing filth and disorder until it was so bad somebody else had to step in and fix it.

by Anonymousreply 65March 18, 2023 8:27 AM

Being a fat klepto whore is no way to go through life.

by Anonymousreply 66March 18, 2023 8:30 AM

I never saw a single thing worth stealing. I’m sure the offspring had made sure of that.

by Anonymousreply 67March 18, 2023 8:31 AM

OP = George Santos

by Anonymousreply 68March 18, 2023 8:43 AM

I had a wealthy friend in high school. He was a likable guy, not aggressive or unusual. His only weird quirk became apparent to me when I went to his house after school. He had several tvs and several stereos. He told me with zero guilt or concern that he “took” them. I couldn’t wrap my head around it, he and his family were very wealthy . He seemed to not have concern about getting caught. He ended up dying young of cancer. He was unusually thin throughout his life and he believed it allowed him to steal effectively because he would put stuff in his clothes and appear to be normal weight. Weird.

by Anonymousreply 69March 18, 2023 8:46 AM

I don't care if you are a thief, but if you are my house guest and you steal from me, I will kill you.

by Anonymousreply 70March 18, 2023 8:58 AM

^^^ I stole your husband’s dick the last time you see out of town. I’ve been doing it for years. Maybe borrow is a better term.

by Anonymousreply 71March 18, 2023 9:16 AM

Not as much as I used to, but I still rob houses!

by Anonymousreply 72March 18, 2023 2:53 PM

[quote][R56] one guess which hue they were.

Actually they were all foreigners, your guess was wrong. FYI, the 'hue' was somewhat correct but none of these aides were African-American. I do notice the foreign home aides are the most devious, for example, the Jamaicans despise African-Americans, they call them Yankees! The Guyanese aides are also extremely crafty and total liars and thieves.

One Guyanese aide accepted my aunt's neighbor's TV delivery, then, she was trying to steal the TV! The neighbor was left a message by UPS that the TV was delivered to my aunt, the neighbor got her TV, otherwise, I'm pretty sure that TV would have gone home with the Guyanese aide.

The foreign aides also act as if they don't understand English, but most do.

Hope I drop dead before I need to depend on these types of disgusting people.

by Anonymousreply 73March 18, 2023 3:22 PM

I’ve never stolen a husband I just borrow them for a awhile

by Anonymousreply 74March 18, 2023 6:53 PM

Just a Tina Turner wall clock this one time…

by Anonymousreply 75March 18, 2023 6:54 PM

I inadvertenly walked out with a 12 pack of seltzer on the bottom of my cart once. Now that they're $5 a pop, I'm tempted to do it again...

by Anonymousreply 76March 18, 2023 7:04 PM

[quote] Just a Tina Turner wall clock this one time…

r75 I love Tina Turner as much as anybody. But that sounds tacky as hell. Lol.

by Anonymousreply 77March 18, 2023 7:04 PM

After seeing the exile of Renee Rockefeller after she got busted, and how Tori Burch and all of her friends ran, I am way too scared I would get busted.

by Anonymousreply 78March 18, 2023 7:14 PM

I was a prolific teenage shoplifter, got caught and had my wrists slapped.

In my early 30s abject poverty meant I needed to shoplift food etc I would purchase from top cart and keep loads in the bottom cart. One day some asshole I almost had a one-night stand with clocked me leaving the store with my full under cart and I could see him thinking about telling. He didn’t and thus ended my shoplifting career.

by Anonymousreply 79March 18, 2023 7:16 PM

Amateurs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80March 18, 2023 7:22 PM

Target is also a good store to shoplift from, but it is best to arrange some sort of distraction. with the security guard. If you have a friend who can approach the security guard and ask him a lot of questions, it is pretty easy to put all sorts of things in your bag or down your pants. You can always sell your haul on ebay too if you steal shit you don't need.

by Anonymousreply 81March 18, 2023 7:32 PM

r81 Have you ever put pork chops in your underwear? I have. 🤣

by Anonymousreply 82March 18, 2023 8:35 PM

Lots TRASH is this thread.

Interesting, that DL seems to have both proud low-life shoplifters as well as others claiming to have millions, some seem to be both.

by Anonymousreply 83March 19, 2023 1:10 AM

I've stolen hot guys briefs and boxers from the dryer in a communal laundry room

by Anonymousreply 84March 19, 2023 1:18 AM

I did it as a teenager in the 1990s, when there weren't cameras everywhere. I never got caught. I stopped before I turned 18 because I didn't want to get caught and arrested as an adult. Since then I've walked out of stores forgetting I had an item in my hand, and have never been caught. Chalk it up to white privilege.

by Anonymousreply 85March 19, 2023 1:23 AM

I stole a bit from various jobs. Mostly food and drink when I worked at convenience stores and fast food places, but once or twice, small amounts of money. I was caught doing that, but luckily the owner took pity on me and just made me pay it back, which I did.

by Anonymousreply 86March 19, 2023 1:25 AM

R77 that response was a joke.....referring to this old thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87March 19, 2023 1:27 AM

[quote] I've stolen hot guys briefs and boxers from the dryer in a communal laundry room

I've done similar but much prefer them if they've been worn.

by Anonymousreply 88March 19, 2023 1:28 AM

I can't believe how easy it is to shoplift from store like Macy's. The place is completely understaffed. The way to do it is to take three sweaters that are the same into the dressing room. Take the tags off of one of them and just wear it out of the store. No one seems to notice or care very much. I have a lovely sweater collection. that i didn't pay a dime for. It is best to do this in an upscale suburb where there isn't a lot of crime.

by Anonymousreply 89March 19, 2023 1:35 AM

I used to work undercover security for Macys and other department stores. When you get caught, not only will you be arrested and have to go to court, you will also have to pay a civil fine.

So good luck to all you thieves. I will laugh when you get arrested.

by Anonymousreply 90March 19, 2023 2:15 AM

R90 did you ever bust any guys who were cruising or fucking around in the mens room?

by Anonymousreply 91March 19, 2023 2:23 AM

R90 You are still living in the last century, most stores don’t even empty service staff to assist you never mind store detectives. In the UK you will certainly not end up in court for a first offence unless it was for something of huge value.

by Anonymousreply 92March 19, 2023 6:36 AM

Yes, ashamedly.

The most dangerous was from a dealer.

by Anonymousreply 93March 19, 2023 6:39 AM

[quote]I've stolen hot guys briefs and boxers from the dryer in a communal laundry room

Did you do this so you could jerk off to them?

by Anonymousreply 94March 19, 2023 7:17 AM

I can’t believe there are so many prudes on here who don’t steal. My god, live a little. No wonder you all broke AF!

by Anonymousreply 95March 19, 2023 8:45 AM

Stealing from major corporations: Tacky, but I can't get upset about it. Stealing from small businesses: Scumbag behaviour. Stealing from ordinary people: Worthy of death.

by Anonymousreply 96March 19, 2023 9:00 AM

The thieving morons here still don't get it, when you steal, stores then raise prices, then, the honest people who shop in those stores end up paying MORE for their items.

I shop a lot for my elderly mom, I've noticed the shelves in most chain drugstores in her neighborhood, are now almost empty. My mom lives in a gentrifying neighborhood, where rents are now quite high.

I spoke to the managers of both Rite Aid and Walgreens, they told me, "The thieves are so bold these days, they take the store baskets, fill it, then walk out of the store. WALK not run!" For some reason, the security cannot stop this scum, they allow them to walk out. I asked why, the managers told me, "Security cannot lock the doors, keep the thief in the store and call 911, they are told to not to do this in order ro protect the customer these thieves, might have gun or a knife."

Even if the shelves have locked plastic doors, some thieves have keys!

About two weeks ago, I witnessed some druggie looking woman fill a plastic bag with candy, she simply walked out of Walgreens, she also had items bulging from her coat pockets! The security guy stood there, he did nothing.

Why do stores continue to hire security, especially if they cannot detain these disgusting thieves?

by Anonymousreply 97March 19, 2023 11:18 AM

Ever since Sam's Club switched over to self scanning your merchandise, I can't believe the number of times I've seen people only scanning like half the shit in their cart, paying and just brazenly walking out of the store with tons of stolen merchandise.

by Anonymousreply 98March 19, 2023 11:40 AM

R98 Yeah, I'm scared to even not pay for a bag. Like I'll go back and try to give someone working there a dime if I forgot. It makes me feel like a cuck, I could be getting away with so much, but breaking any rule always terrifies me.

by Anonymousreply 99March 19, 2023 11:47 AM

My grift was in my younger days back in the early 90's, when I had a part time job at a gas station/convenience store. The general manager would only come in about once a month to take inventory of everything. I (actually we, several others working there were doing this too) would simply ring up other random items in the store as instant lotto tickets. The receipts were so generic, they didn't specifically line item and describe everything being rung up.

I was typically taking in ~$300 or so per week doing this.

by Anonymousreply 100March 19, 2023 11:49 AM

R40 Does the scam only work if you go to church first?

by Anonymousreply 101March 19, 2023 12:07 PM

When I was a child my mother brought me to a Kmart that for some reason had an open bin of chiclet-type gum right at the checkout. I took one.

by Anonymousreply 102March 19, 2023 1:09 PM

I worked at a country store/ gas station on weekends years ago to make some extra cash. The owners paid me under the table and said I could take a pizza or something when my shift was done. Well, I didn’t want pizza but I did like the full tank of gas and various six packs and sometimes laundry detergent I’d take. They had no security cameras. Another employee was pocketing cash payments. I wouldn’t do that - but I never had to pay much for gas the year or two I worked there.

I left when the store got new owners who decided to amateur work on the gas lines going in. The store never blew sky-high, but I wanted nothing to do with country repairs on something like that!

by Anonymousreply 103March 19, 2023 1:14 PM

R48 no one there actually believes your story. Hopefully they have a decent cam system.

by Anonymousreply 104March 19, 2023 1:14 PM

Nasty POS!! I hope you get caught soon.

by Anonymousreply 105March 19, 2023 8:23 PM

An old guy in my town got accused of and was arrested for stealing -I'm not kidding- a nickel bolt-and-screw.

He was worth a ton of money and sued the chain seven ways to Sunday and won, I think, 5 million dollars. There were a lot of people fired over this.

Can you imagine? He was like 90 and everybody knew how forgetful he was. What a shame.

by Anonymousreply 106March 19, 2023 8:31 PM

Dad ate my cherry

by Anonymousreply 107March 19, 2023 8:43 PM

No one seems to care. at the Macy's I go to if I pay for things or walk out with them. I suppose they can write theft off their taxes or something. I have pretty much shoplifted most of my clothes from them and never have gotten caught. It's a great way to stretch my budget and I always dress so nice.

by Anonymousreply 108March 19, 2023 9:48 PM

I know a guy who went to some very chi chi boutique a few times, and each time he would roll up a part of a suit and hide it between his thighs/in his buttcheeks.

Apparently the bitch got a whole suit that way, but only paid for like a $40 shirt or something. The suit was some designer label that would have been 2-3K otherwise (I can't remember which one).

I'm pretty sure that bitch stole my VCR too. Never let that queen go any of your valuables!

by Anonymousreply 109March 19, 2023 10:51 PM

Not as much as I used to, but I still rob houses.

by Anonymousreply 110March 20, 2023 4:10 AM

I know right from wrong. I don't steal. I would have crippling guilt if I stole anything. Bad karma, man.

by Anonymousreply 111March 20, 2023 4:24 AM

Who knew that DL had so many thieves?

by Anonymousreply 112March 20, 2023 7:20 AM

At the Pavillions grocery store in WeHo on Santa Monica Blvd, there are guys who go in with huge duffel bags and FILL them. They don’t rush. They walk all over and get exactly what they want. Then they walk right by the security guard who is dressed in black and posed to look tough. The security does nothing. It creepy to see it. The first time I saw it I was shocked and took a photo of the their walking past the security as they pulled three huge full black duffel bags out of the cart and walked right past the guard.

by Anonymousreply 113March 20, 2023 4:16 PM

Fifty years ago I stole an old book from a bookstore. It still bothers me.

by Anonymousreply 114March 20, 2023 5:56 PM

You stole my childhood

by Anonymousreply 115March 20, 2023 5:59 PM

Several elections.

by Anonymousreply 116March 20, 2023 6:01 PM

I did in the late 80's and 90's when I was in my late teens and twenties. Not a lot or anything really expensive. Stuff like makeup, cheap jewelry, even candy once. The most expensive thing was a baby doll dress when they were in style in the 90s. I took 3 dresses to try on and shoved one in my purse. I also, had a friend who worked at Claire's Boutique and he would let me take stuff. He also pierced my ears for free. The last time I stole something, a wallet, I got caught. Talk about humiliating! I had to pay a fine. After that never stole again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117March 20, 2023 6:26 PM

I had a roommate who would shop all weekend and Monday would be "Here's All The Things I Stuck In My Cooter This Weekend & Did Not Pay For" show and tell.

by Anonymousreply 118March 20, 2023 9:02 PM

My mom did that too and then would sell the shit on eBay. That’s how we afforded school lunches.

by Anonymousreply 119March 21, 2023 1:11 AM

by Anonymousreply 120March 21, 2023 1:46 AM

I really feel I am providing Macy's a favor by stealing their sweaters and wearing them. When people ask I tell them I got them at Macy's. I am providing free advertising.

by Anonymousreply 121March 21, 2023 2:02 AM

R119 why not apply to the free lunch program?

by Anonymousreply 122March 21, 2023 5:42 AM

[quote]Costco is easier to swipe things at then you would think. Just go after church on a Sunday and pick up one expensive item. Then walk past one of the cashiers. They are too busy to notice. Then walk over to returns and it will appear you are taking the item back and just mumble something about the line being too long. No one is paying attention at the entrance door.

Guess this depends on where the Costco is located, but this sounds quite far-fetched. In my state, when the Costco greeter sees an item in your cart upon you entering, they ask if you are returning it, they then proceed to put an orange sticker on the item, they will then direct you to the Customer Service/Returns desk.

Basically, you are full of shit, especially as no one can walk out the entrance door when they are leaving the store. If you try that, the entrance door greeter will definitely ask you for a receipt. A customer can't even enter through the out door, your story is total bullshit.

There's so much bullshit and lying in this thread, most of you need to take a creative writing course!

by Anonymousreply 123March 22, 2023 4:38 PM

I stole the Statue of Liberty on the bottom of my Costco cart, bitches!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124March 22, 2023 4:45 PM

I robbed an ENTIRE Costco, I put the store in one cart!

by Anonymousreply 125March 24, 2023 3:33 PM

I steal from the Whole Foods hot bar all the time.

by Anonymousreply 126March 24, 2023 3:34 PM

I once stole a Cadbury cream egg because I was outraged it cost a dollar.

A DOLLAR!

For ONE fucking Cadbury cream egg!

by Anonymousreply 127March 24, 2023 3:36 PM

R1 = the poster boy for white privelege

by Anonymousreply 128March 24, 2023 3:38 PM

[quote] I steal from the Whole Foods hot bar all the time.

How do you steal from the hot bar?

by Anonymousreply 129March 24, 2023 3:43 PM

I find a new looking receipt from home, then go to Whole Foods, put the food I want into the food box, then position the receipt on top of the box and walk out the store. The receipt creates the appearance that I’ve already paid. Sometimes I’ll have a credit card on top of it.

The key to any sort of stealing is to not try to conceal what you’re taking. Find a way to make it look natural that you’re just walking out with it.

by Anonymousreply 130March 24, 2023 3:47 PM

Tried to steal a guy’a heart, but his lack of experience and OCD were too much.

by Anonymousreply 131March 24, 2023 4:02 PM

Guy’s

by Anonymousreply 132March 24, 2023 4:03 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!