Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bo Derek vs Daryl Hannah

Who’s the better actress? The more iconic sex symbol/beauty? And for the love of god, why do I always get these women confused?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52March 26, 2024 9:58 PM

Daryl Hannah is the better actress, hands down. Not even a contest. Bo Derek is probably the bigger sex symbol thanks to 10.

by Anonymousreply 1March 18, 2023 6:06 AM

Both beautiful looking. The ability to convincingly pull off the wide character range between Annelle in “Steel Magnolias” and Elle in “Kill Bill”, gives my nod to Darryl as the better actress.

by Anonymousreply 2March 18, 2023 6:20 AM

Bo Derek easily. Sure, she's bad actress but I can't use the word actress to describe Daryl Hannah.

by Anonymousreply 3March 18, 2023 6:25 AM

"Bo Derek vs Daryl Hannah Who’s the better actress? The more iconic sex symbol/beauty? And for the love of god, why do I always get these women confused?"

Probably because they're both Nobel prize winning astrophysicists.

Life is hard for you, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 4March 18, 2023 6:57 AM

Hannah was the weak link in Magnolias and was utterly unconvincing.

by Anonymousreply 5March 18, 2023 7:06 AM

Daryl Hannah did pretty well for an autistic person.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6March 18, 2023 7:18 AM

You mean who was the better tranny, OP

by Anonymousreply 7March 18, 2023 7:25 AM

I think Hannah gets a bad rap as an actress. I liked her in Blade Runner, Splash, Reckless, Legal Eagles, Steel Magnolias and especially Kill Bill.

by Anonymousreply 8March 18, 2023 7:44 AM

Bo's appeal seems to me to live in the zeitgeist of her time, a had-to-be-there kind of beauty. I don't really get it, anyway. I do understand why guys went crazy over her body, but her face was definitely a kind of beauty that was specific to a certain era from what I see. I feel the same way about Farrah Fawcett. I was born in 1978 and grew up after their popularity was waning and I...just don't see it. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, of course, and taste can't be tallied. But Derek and Fawcett make as little sense to me as icons of beauty or sex appeal as cute-but-not-supermodelesque Gigi Hadid does.

by Anonymousreply 9March 18, 2023 8:31 AM

Kill Bill is the only film I've ever liked Daryl Hannah in. Blade Runner was of course and remains great but anybody could have played her role. Sean Young (though they shared no scenes together) acted Hannah off the screen.

by Anonymousreply 10March 18, 2023 1:12 PM

Bo Derek could never.

But to be honest, I would’ve said the same about Daryl Hannah before Kill Bill.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11March 18, 2023 1:46 PM

Has Bo Derek ever delivered an even passable/competent performance? She’s one of the worst actresses of all time. Daryl is bad but she’s not THAT bad, and she has more iconic credits to her name than Slow Bo (who’s notoriously dim).

by Anonymousreply 12March 19, 2023 5:45 AM

Daryl Hannah is one of those actresses only considered “a beauty” because she was blonde (and tall). She was the furthest thing from it.

Neither could act, but at least Bo Derek was great looking (and still is).

by Anonymousreply 13March 19, 2023 6:52 AM

Bo Derek was well cast as a villain alongside Rob Lowe in Tommy Boy, which is very funny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14March 19, 2023 2:05 PM

Daryl Hannah can be a great actress - with the right role.

by Anonymousreply 15March 19, 2023 2:14 PM

Hannah is genuinely 'something else.' I don't feel right about making fun of her. It's like making fun of a child.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16March 19, 2023 2:19 PM

Daryl Hannah was never pretty and has no figure imo. Can be acceptable in roles. Bo Derek is beautiful with a great body but complete void on screen. Tie?

by Anonymousreply 17March 19, 2023 2:22 PM

R16 Jesus. She seems “touched.” How did she survive in Hollywood?

by Anonymousreply 18March 19, 2023 5:25 PM

Daryl looks masculine to me, Bo was gorgeous

by Anonymousreply 19March 19, 2023 5:41 PM

R18 she has total horse face. Was 100 percent never pretty.

by Anonymousreply 20March 19, 2023 5:50 PM

Daryl earned her place in cinema history with Kill Bill. I know Bo is famous for wearing the braids, but I couldn’t tell you what movie that’s from.

by Anonymousreply 21March 25, 2024 4:06 AM

“The sign said wet floor - so she did.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22March 25, 2024 4:08 AM

Since Bo Derek is no actress, end of thread.

by Anonymousreply 23March 25, 2024 4:09 AM

Bo Derek is so stupid she forgot her twin sister’s birthday.

by Anonymousreply 24March 25, 2024 4:11 AM

Bo seems genuinely nice - and gets to look amazing and wake up with John Corbett. Plus, Horses! And no children!

Elle Driver gave her a gold pass. She WAS that good. Privileged upbringing. Married Neil Young. Provoked seething hatred in David Crosby to the end.

Tough call.

by Anonymousreply 25March 25, 2024 4:37 AM

Bo Derek is a Trumper.

by Anonymousreply 26March 25, 2024 4:44 AM

I’m from Raleigh and in these parts, Bo Derek is an icon.

by Anonymousreply 27March 25, 2024 5:13 AM

Prove it R26. She’s married to John Corbett, who seems super chill and down to earth.

by Anonymousreply 28March 25, 2024 5:14 AM

Whatever their acting abilities, they did get to bang JFK Jr. and John Derek.

by Anonymousreply 29March 25, 2024 5:24 AM

Team Darryl Hannah, for reasons already listed by others.

by Anonymousreply 30March 25, 2024 5:30 AM

Prove it, R28? She voted for Trump in2016 and 2020, and she voted for Bush previously. She claimed she voted for Obama.

by Anonymousreply 31March 25, 2024 5:46 AM

Bo’s one foray into serious acting was A Chance of Seasons which co costarred Shirley MacLaine and Anthony Hopkins. It was supposed to be a serious drama but it’s just plain horrible and not even fun to watch as camp. MacLaine is good in it but Hopkins and Derek are god awful.

I think Hannah got better as an actress, though by the time she was starting to do more solid work, her time as an it girl was coming to an end.

Bo got John Corbett and a ranch in Santa Barbara, so in life she came out on top in my view.

by Anonymousreply 32March 25, 2024 6:22 AM

I never met Ms. Derek, although I did see her rather hairy beaver smirking its way across newsstands in old China Town. I did have the unfortunate opportunity to meet Ms. Hannah on several occasions. It was clear that she was nothing but a basic gold digging whore.

by Anonymousreply 33March 25, 2024 8:00 AM

Jackie On Assistance.

by Anonymousreply 34March 25, 2024 12:48 PM

After the gold digging rush, Daryl settled for Neil.

by Anonymousreply 35March 25, 2024 3:19 PM

How you know R33?

by Anonymousreply 36March 25, 2024 7:42 PM

Oops how do you know R31?

by Anonymousreply 37March 25, 2024 7:42 PM

Daryl Hannah had an impressive career for a functionally retarded person.

by Anonymousreply 38March 25, 2024 7:47 PM

Daryl’s character in Splash is why half the little girls you know are named Madison.

I've watched this movie a few times with my niece Madison and when Hanks says, "that's not a name." I say SEE!!! She hates me.

by Anonymousreply 39March 25, 2024 8:18 PM

I know Hannah got a lot of stick for WALL STREET, it wasn't as if she was doomed for the start due to how poorly written her character was, though I do concede she was terrible in STEEL MAGNOLIAS. Even I can't give her a pass for it.

Nevertheless, in SPLASH and ROXANNE, I found her lovely and engaging and likable. It isn't like today where you're asked to like the leading lady. Back in the day, the leading lady won you over with her irresistible charm.

Even though she played many kind and sweet ladies, Daryl Hannah was even more effective at playing the psychopath which is surprising when you know her from SPLASH. In the KILL BILL films, she's deadly and vicious as Elle Driver and in BLADE RUNNER, she uses her seemingly sweet person to keep us assuming Pris, the replicant, is harmless until we see her creepy smile or when she attacks Deckard by twisting his neck.

by Anonymousreply 40March 25, 2024 8:20 PM

They’re both mediocre actresses who were very well directed in a couple of roles and pretty awful in most others. January Jones is similar.

by Anonymousreply 41March 25, 2024 8:24 PM

Is Daryl still living in a tree?

by Anonymousreply 42March 25, 2024 8:27 PM

Bo Derek was a very beautiful woman who introduced corn-rows to white girls, but that was about it. She was more a model than a real actress, IMHO.

by Anonymousreply 43March 25, 2024 8:39 PM

Fun fact: I was with my best friend at a music festival and we walked right past Daryl Hannah. I spotted her and nudged my friend (big Splash fan), who politely asked for a quick photo. At first she said no, as she didn't want to draw attention to herself. Then she looked at my friend & told her, "you're beautiful, so let's take a quick picture". So I took it, no crowd was drawn & we went our separate ways. She was lovely. And TALL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44March 25, 2024 8:51 PM

People keep saying Bo wins because she married John Corbett and has a beautiful ranch, without mentioning that Daryl Hannah is married to fucking NEIL YOUNG? Daryl is the better actress - by far - and will inherit a lot more money than Mrs. Aidan.

by Anonymousreply 45March 25, 2024 8:59 PM

Darryl is very high maintenance. She’s also better at the ending thing.

Bo is more attractive.

by Anonymousreply 46March 25, 2024 9:28 PM

Bo - more attractive.

DH - better at acting.

by Anonymousreply 47March 25, 2024 9:29 PM

[quote] Hannah was the weak link in Magnolias and was utterly unconvincing.

I thought her personal problems did not get in the way of doing hair.

by Anonymousreply 48March 25, 2024 9:31 PM

Does anyone else remember Daryl calling JFK Jr to her rescue from an abusive Jackson Browne? Seems like it was more than tabloid material (as it was real).

Bo and Theresa Russell in some sort of contemporary old cunts/monsters of dry vaginas dramedy might work if I'm spitballing.

by Anonymousreply 49March 26, 2024 9:07 PM

Theresa and Bo should have played sisters.

by Anonymousreply 50March 26, 2024 9:53 PM

Look, Derek was a beautiful but utterly untalented non- actress who was essentially a one-hit wonder. Hannah is the actress of the two.

by Anonymousreply 51March 26, 2024 9:56 PM

R49 I don't remember the part about JFK Jr, but do remember the scuttlebutt at the time, with LAPD being called to their (then) shared home. I tend to believe her even as sad as that makes me about him. She's not the first to say that about him.

On topic: Daryl is the better actress although that's not saying much. I did like her in Grumpy Old Men, Splash, Steel Magnolias (I think she does fine in the role) and in Kill Bill. She doesn't have a wide range but there are worse. Bo is not much an actress but rather a very beautiful woman and the camera loves her. I don't think Daryl is ugly and all and she has a diaphanous, reedy quality.

by Anonymousreply 52March 26, 2024 9:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!