Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"No sense of urgency"

Anyone ever said this of you? Just had this criticism levelled at me, not sure what to think.

It's...fair, to be honest. But what am I meant to do about it? Can someone who doesn't have such a sense change?

by Anonymousreply 5March 18, 2023 4:07 PM

No sense of urgency about what? Was your house on fire and you continued scrolling on Facebook? Was your mother having a heart attack and you wanted to get in another round of mini-golf?

There are some situations that require urgency and some that don't.

by Anonymousreply 1March 18, 2023 3:19 AM

R1 lol just in general. It was a nice way to say "you're a lazy cuckooland bitch who lacks ambition", probably.

by Anonymousreply 2March 18, 2023 3:25 AM

It's relative. People might say that about me at my current job, but I spent years at a company with 200,000 employees globally, it was very fast-paced, I was an amazing employee but I burned out, had a health scare or two, and wanted a change of pace. I took a job at a small company in a small town, to slow down on purpose. My current co-workers don't know about the health scares, and they never will. Go at your own pace.

by Anonymousreply 3March 18, 2023 3:38 AM

R3 so you did once have a sense of urgency, and only lost it with time and perspective and good reason. You got stuff done as made money and had an impact at one point in time. Seems like the best trajectory.

by Anonymousreply 4March 18, 2023 2:33 PM

Accuse them of being white supremacists if they bring this up again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5March 18, 2023 4:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!