Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anyone else miss the Super Size option at McDonalds???

I miss it so much. That drink would last me all day. And all those fries. Yum.

Burger King too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26March 18, 2023 2:43 PM

Fat bitch.

by Anonymousreply 1March 18, 2023 12:07 AM

What I miss are the days when I could eat that garbage and not gain weight.

by Anonymousreply 2March 18, 2023 12:09 AM

I miss $2.99 for a Big Mac meal! đŸ˜¢

by Anonymousreply 3March 18, 2023 12:10 AM

No, I don't miss the Super Size option.

by Anonymousreply 4March 18, 2023 12:11 AM

What R2 said.

by Anonymousreply 5March 18, 2023 12:20 AM

No. I was not one to avail myself of the Tubitha option on the rare occasions I would partake of McDonald's, which I only used to consume in airports and train stations, [italic]before[/italic] I got on the plane or train.

I also agree with r2 and r5.

by Anonymousreply 6March 18, 2023 12:32 AM

When I'm stuck eating bottom barrel, nutrition lacking, crap food, I always wish for MORE fat, salt and corn syrup!!

by Anonymousreply 7March 18, 2023 12:57 AM

FAT WHORES LAMENT!

by Anonymousreply 8March 18, 2023 12:59 AM

I remember being able to get a Double Quarter Pounder meal for just $4. Man. Now it’s almost $12 by me in Brooklyn

by Anonymousreply 9March 18, 2023 1:00 AM

What r1 said

by Anonymousreply 10March 18, 2023 1:06 AM

It was nice if you hadn't eaten all day or wanted to treat yourself to something fatty for the weekend. I never understood why they did away with it. They can say it was to combat obesity, but people can still order 5 large fries or Big Macs if they want.

by Anonymousreply 11March 18, 2023 1:31 AM

Only FIVE?

by Anonymousreply 12March 18, 2023 4:32 AM

[quote] I never understood why they did away with it.

Performative wokeness.

by Anonymousreply 13March 18, 2023 6:14 AM

[quote] I was not one to avail myself of the Tubitha option on the rare occasions I would partake of McDonald's

Are you from India?

by Anonymousreply 14March 18, 2023 6:15 AM

Damn, I was going to post a picture of Morgan Spurlock with a joke caption. He directed "Super Size Me" which apparently was the impetus for McDonalds to change their supersize promotions.

Apparently, he was a huge sex pest for years. I guess to control the narrative he "came out" as a sex pest before all the shit hit the fan.

It didn't help. He got cancelled.

You got to be careful of those guys who do weird things with their facial hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15March 18, 2023 6:29 AM

I never supersized a meal....but maybe someone from the US can help me. I visited in 2012 or 2013 and they had these speciality burgers at McDonalds that were a tiny bit more expensive. I think there were four kinds/flavors. This was in the fall.

I tried one and it was so good, I ordered it several times during a roadtrip. Thicker burger, different cardboard packaging. It was honestly the best McDs burger I ever ate. No clue what it was called though. Anyone else remember?

by Anonymousreply 16March 18, 2023 6:37 AM

Honey, McDonalds has put out so many promotional food items over the years, who knows?

Even Rick and Morty did an episode about a McNugget szechuan sauce that McD only made as a co-promotion with Disney for the cartoon version of "Mulan."

Once the promotion was over, the sauce disappeared so Rick goes to another universe to get them. Along with Nathan Fillion who plays an insectoid creature.

by Anonymousreply 17March 18, 2023 6:44 AM

Is there a website that keeps track of these things?

Btw, that sauce got brought back I think....

by Anonymousreply 18March 18, 2023 6:50 AM

They still offer supersize drinks just not the fries.

by Anonymousreply 19March 18, 2023 6:50 AM

I remember those sandwiches too r16, were they the signature series or something like that? Signature sandwiches? I know they had a chicken option too that was delicious.

by Anonymousreply 20March 18, 2023 10:11 AM

The angus mushroom Swiss was my favorite.

by Anonymousreply 21March 18, 2023 10:46 AM

Honestly never super sized a meal at a burger joint. Never gotten anything but a small drink and fries and I hardly ever finish the fries. I did get a large iced tea (and nothing else) at a McDonalds or burger king once. That was it.

But I've eaten a whole large pan pizza by myself, so this isn't much of a brag.

by Anonymousreply 22March 18, 2023 10:47 AM

I miss real Ephedra when I could actually eat this shit.

by Anonymousreply 23March 18, 2023 12:11 PM

Yes, they were the Angus burgers, I think that was it! Thank you. They were startling good...

by Anonymousreply 24March 18, 2023 2:19 PM

This thread is making me horny as hell!

by Anonymousreply 25March 18, 2023 2:43 PM

I barely had the appetite for super sized meals in my late twenties, and I still wouldn't feel the best afterwards. Now getting into my thirties, it sounds gross. And I hate spending over $10 now (up to $15) for burgers without items like tomatoes.

There's McDonalds here that have burger options with more fulsome ingredients, but a bunch that just do Big Macs and Quarter Pounders etc. They've become the 'well my McD addiction is triggered' or 'I guess this is the only place open in this area of this sleepy city' instead of the previous 'its junk but I won't be spending too much and there's some tasty in there'. Finally, I see this brand as costing too much for too little.

Other fast food burgers have retained more complex burger options but I notice them also reducing in number/coupons/prominence. The one thing I like to coupon shop is fast food (because you can save as much as a few dollars per meal), but since the pandemic I've seen more and more of the coupons are for basic meat/cheese/lettuce/sauce setups, and I'm past the point where that gets me excited.

(Grocery inflation hitting fast food chains too)

by Anonymousreply 26March 18, 2023 2:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!