Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Klangerine May Be Indicted Yet -- NYC Security Preps Underway for Possible Trump Indictment as Soon as Next Week

I guess we'll see.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 602March 31, 2023 4:33 PM

DIE ALREADY

by Anonymousreply 1March 17, 2023 11:07 PM

Our esteemed Mayor Eric Adams is praying for peace right now!

by Anonymousreply 2March 17, 2023 11:07 PM

Will this mean he can't run against Satan? What cruel irony that would be.

by Anonymousreply 3March 17, 2023 11:11 PM

Dayum, r1. I'm just giving the news I didn't -- oh, you meant him. Whew.

by Anonymousreply 4March 17, 2023 11:12 PM

Lock him up.

by Anonymousreply 5March 17, 2023 11:12 PM

Can someone explain to me what’s the worst that can happen to him? I’d like to see him beheaded for treason but I guess we don’t do that anymore.

by Anonymousreply 6March 17, 2023 11:14 PM

I hope there are crowds of people chanting ‘Lock Him Up’ all over Manhattan.

by Anonymousreply 7March 17, 2023 11:18 PM

I hope he doesn’t make it to court.

by Anonymousreply 8March 17, 2023 11:21 PM

I hope he gets it with a $100 Million bail and he relinquishes his passports, and files all of his flight plans with the FBI.

by Anonymousreply 9March 17, 2023 11:24 PM

Who do they think will riot? Seniors in Florida in a golf cart frenzy? No one will be upset in person. Maybe a few demonstrators but honestly, no one cares about Trump to that degree of risking jail.

by Anonymousreply 10March 17, 2023 11:28 PM

Were you born after January 6, 2021?

by Anonymousreply 11March 17, 2023 11:34 PM

Drain the swamp. The swamp being Mar-a-Lago

by Anonymousreply 12March 17, 2023 11:47 PM

[QUOTE] Lock him up.

Yeah, in October 2024 after he wins the Repub nomination.

by Anonymousreply 13March 17, 2023 11:49 PM

Trump's gonna be pissed when they'll tell him that nope, you can't do a perp walk aboard a golf cart.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14March 17, 2023 11:54 PM

Won’t he be in Florida?

by Anonymousreply 15March 17, 2023 11:57 PM

That won't make a difference. If the charges are serious enough, they can extradite him. Or he can waive extradition.

by Anonymousreply 16March 17, 2023 11:58 PM

Won’t he ultimately be indicted in three jurisdictions? (NY state, GA state, District of Columbia). Why would anyone still support him?

by Anonymousreply 17March 18, 2023 12:14 AM

Because they're in a cult.

by Anonymousreply 18March 18, 2023 12:15 AM

The image of him sweating in handcuffs will be so joyous.

by Anonymousreply 19March 18, 2023 12:19 AM

Who will get the rights to use “Pointer Sisters - I’m so Excited” for the trial previews?

by Anonymousreply 20March 18, 2023 12:34 AM

Get the t-shirt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21March 18, 2023 12:35 AM

[quote] Will this mean he can't run against Satan? What cruel irony that would be.

No. He can — and vowed that he would — still run for office even if indicted. There is no disqualification for indicted felons in the Constitution, which contains the only limitations on who may run for that office (over 35 and a citizen). So, yes, he could be indicted in New Yor, Atlanta, and DC and still be eligible to run.

Plus, his diehard supporters believe that he is being persecuted by the Democrats and the so-called “Deep State.” I hope that he continues on in this insane quest, because if he somehow manages to defeat DeathSatan (how humiliating would that be for Rhonda) and gets the nomination there is no way that he would win in a general election. That nonsense about being persecuted plays well with his base of deplorables, but not with independents.

He said through his lawyers that if indicted he will appear in NYC without the need for extradition.

by Anonymousreply 22March 18, 2023 12:36 AM

I picture an Evita moment, "I committed crimes for YOU. America".

Don't cry for me, Mar-a-Lago...

by Anonymousreply 23March 18, 2023 12:49 AM

When I see indictments, I'll start paying attention. But I do take solace in knowing the stress of the situation can't be helping his physical health.

by Anonymousreply 24March 18, 2023 12:56 AM

NYC hates him. They will need to contain the dancing in the streets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25March 18, 2023 12:59 AM

I'll believe it when I see it. He's gotten away with all of the other things he's done. He's just a nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 26March 18, 2023 1:01 AM

It ain't gonna happen

by Anonymousreply 27March 18, 2023 1:02 AM

Not a shot in hell . He’s Teflon Don

by Anonymousreply 28March 18, 2023 1:03 AM

I'm skeptical too, but for the Security Forces from the NYPD, New York State Court Officers, the U.S. Secret Service, the FBI’s Joint Terrorism Task Force, and the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office to publicly put out a statement seems likes it's predetermined. Why would they have bothered if not? No one would know the difference.

by Anonymousreply 29March 18, 2023 1:06 AM

I want to hear that voice just get cut off mid sentence and he tumbles.

by Anonymousreply 30March 18, 2023 1:14 AM

I want to see his ass-licking cronies screaming with horror as their orange Jebus gets packed off to the rock-hockey hut.

He will betray every single one of them.

Bannon. Stone. Miller. His cadre of media buddies. His fucking kids. The whole cabal.

We'd not just be getting Trump - we'd be getting the whole crew.

by Anonymousreply 31March 18, 2023 1:20 AM

Put him in da tombs.

by Anonymousreply 32March 18, 2023 1:21 AM

Gitmo, baby!

by Anonymousreply 33March 18, 2023 1:29 AM

What Donald can expect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34March 18, 2023 2:47 AM

R34

by Anonymousreply 35March 18, 2023 3:19 AM

[quote] There is no disqualification for indicted felons in the Constitution, which contains the only limitations on who may run for that office (over 35 and a citizen).

This is amazing. Whatever could the founding fathers have been thinking? It's time to amend the constitution.

by Anonymousreply 36March 18, 2023 3:28 AM

Photos of Rachel Levine and Sam Brinton in 5, 4, 3…

by Anonymousreply 37March 18, 2023 3:32 AM

r36, but there can be limitations on who runs in primaries. The states control the primaries.

by Anonymousreply 38March 18, 2023 3:48 AM

Peculiar: In the US felons can’t vote, but they can run for President!

by Anonymousreply 39March 18, 2023 3:49 AM

The Girl Next Door

by Anonymousreply 40March 18, 2023 3:49 AM

If he’s indicted for destruction of classified docs, he will be disqualified from running for POTUS. Or convicted.

by Anonymousreply 41March 18, 2023 3:53 AM

It would be so very satisfying to see him wheeled into court wearing a Hannibal Lector mask.

by Anonymousreply 42March 18, 2023 3:58 AM

[quote] If he’s indicted for destruction of classified docs, he will be disqualified from running for POTUS. Or convicted

That’s not a settled question. It’s not clear if the applicable statute could be used to bar him from office because it is a restriction not mentioned in the Constitution.

This opinion writer believes that the only way he can be barred is under the 14th Amendment if Congress votes to exclude him for inciting the insurrection. Highly doubtful that the Rethugs would ever go along with that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43March 18, 2023 4:16 AM

I think he’s dwindling down to nothing. He can’t survive three indictments and be elected President. It’s pathetic that Republicans are afraid to cut him loose.

by Anonymousreply 44March 18, 2023 4:27 AM

Lol he’s gonna shit himself.

by Anonymousreply 45March 18, 2023 9:52 AM

A Sharter and a Stripper in the White House - again!. What has the country come to!

by Anonymousreply 46March 18, 2023 10:19 AM

[quote]Seniors in Florida in a golf cart frenzy?

If the golf carts and scooters catch fire like the yacht did in that pro-Trump yacht demonstration, I'm all for it.

by Anonymousreply 47March 18, 2023 10:45 AM

This is all performative. He will never spend a minute in jail.

by Anonymousreply 48March 18, 2023 12:15 PM

Tuesday will probably be the day per the dump himself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49March 18, 2023 1:05 PM

It’s funny he thinks people will riot. I expect a very large group of people to show up and cheer when he’s arrested.

by Anonymousreply 50March 18, 2023 9:33 PM

He's not going to stop until he destroys this country.

by Anonymousreply 51March 18, 2023 10:29 PM

Tell me something, legal eagles - suppose he gets arrested on Tuesday, then what? What's the legal procedure?

Will he be at liberty after the arrest or does he get put behind bars? Does he get released to await trial? How long does he get sentenced for, or will it be simply a fine? Will he still be free to tweet and post to incite and foment trouble?

Someone please walk us through what to expect legally.

by Anonymousreply 52March 19, 2023 12:25 AM

There are no laws, no precedent of an indicted President or former President. This is very new that nothing in this country's history....has ever happened. I hope, at some time (probably not for a long time) after this, that new laws and a Constitutional amendment is created for situations like this. It will be a wild west.

by Anonymousreply 53March 19, 2023 12:30 AM

There will be riots no question

by Anonymousreply 54March 19, 2023 12:31 AM

....nothing *like this..^

by Anonymousreply 55March 19, 2023 12:31 AM

R52 I'm just asking in general, the legal process for anyone, not for a former president or Trump, what happens after an arrest?

by Anonymousreply 56March 19, 2023 12:37 AM

r56,

Short version:

You're accused of a crime (either by indictment or an accusatory instrument filed by a District Attorney or the like); you're arrested for said crime and booked (fingerprints, mugshot, etc.). You're then brought before a judge to be arraigned on that charge where you plead either guilty or not guilty (virtually nobody pleads guilty at arraignment). A judge will then set bail, if applicable, and you're either released without bail, you pay the bail, or you're held until you can make bail. You're also given a preliminary trial date, even though that date isn't usually even close to when the trial will start.

In this case, dump will be booked, go before a judge and probably released without bail. So, yes, he will be accessible to foment shit.

by Anonymousreply 57March 19, 2023 12:44 AM

He's already agitating for Jan 6th-like protests on Tuesday.

by Anonymousreply 58March 19, 2023 1:44 AM

I hope he resists arrest or pulls a gun or flees. That will ensure he goes to jail, at least for a night.

by Anonymousreply 59March 19, 2023 1:45 AM

What does he think is going to happen in New York? People will jump for joy when he is finally indicted.

by Anonymousreply 60March 19, 2023 2:56 AM

Yeah, there is absolutely no way he is going to be detained in jail prior to trial. Theoretically, he’s not a flight risk because he is always under watch by the Secret Service. That said, the SS is filled with MAGAts. Are the members of his detail willing to go to jail if he “slips away.” 🤷‍♂️

This is — or rather, should be — extremely humiliating for him. Impeached twice and the first to be charged criminally. Except that he has no capacity for shame. And his malignant narcissism allows him to delude himself into believing that the problems are with his opponents.

by Anonymousreply 61March 19, 2023 3:15 AM

[quote] There are no laws, no precedent of an indicted President or former President. This is very new that nothing in this country's history....has ever happened.

This sounds like a regurgitation of something you heard on MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 62March 19, 2023 3:32 AM

He seems delusional and believes criminal charges will get him elected.

by Anonymousreply 63March 19, 2023 4:22 AM

There is no precedent because all criminals are supposed to be treated equally.

My fever dream: NY issues an indictment and Trump says that he will surrender BUT DOESN'T.

He flies off to Wako and is intercepted by AF fighter jets.

The pilot is ordered to divert to Andrews AF base.

Trump tells the pilot to return to Florida.

The pilot is informed that he has just lost his pilot's license.

The head of the SS get on the horn and orders the SS Agents to handcuff Trump, take him into custody, and divert to Andrews.

Trump's special SS Agents refuse. AG Garland gets on the horn and tells them the SS Agents have just been fired, will be taken into custody with Trump, and it doesn't matter where the plane lands as the military will be waiting for them at both locations.

Trump orders the plane to fly to the nearest non-extradition location.

Once over the Atlantic, the plane is shot down. No survivors.

by Anonymousreply 64March 19, 2023 5:40 AM

Has trump offered to pay the legal fees of any supporter who is arrested like he did on J6?

by Anonymousreply 65March 19, 2023 5:55 AM

Do the Secret Service have to be in the jail cell with him? Awkward.

by Anonymousreply 66March 19, 2023 5:58 AM

First order of business after the arrest is to shave his head. I do feel sorry for the corrections officer that'll have to delouse him and check in his fat folds. Imagine the shit smell and the yeast balls!

by Anonymousreply 67March 19, 2023 6:03 AM

[quote] So, yes, he will be accessible to foment shit.

Thank you r57. If a person charged with a crime is released, with or without bail, but the likelihood is that he will commit the crime again, what would a judge do under those circumstances?

Take a serial killer for example. He is indicted but he says publicly he will kill again, what options does the judge have? (Hope the analogy is not too off!)

by Anonymousreply 68March 19, 2023 6:24 AM

R68 a serial killer could be held.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69March 19, 2023 11:39 AM

Explain in plain English, in brief?

by Anonymousreply 70March 19, 2023 11:43 AM

New York has mostly gotten rid of cash bail and most people accused of crimes do not go to jail while awaiting trial anymore. So sadly mango Mussolini is unlikely to spend time at Rikers.

However, If the judge believes a person accused of a felony is likely to commit a serious violent crime in the near future the defendant can be kept in jail while awaiting trial.

by Anonymousreply 71March 19, 2023 12:12 PM

Thank you ElderLez!

by Anonymousreply 72March 19, 2023 1:53 PM

[quote] If the judge believes a person accused of a felony is likely to commit a serious violent crime in the near future the defendant can be kept in jail while awaiting trial.

How about armed insurrection? Does that count a a serious violent crime?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73March 19, 2023 2:11 PM

[quote]There are no laws, no precedent of an indicted President or former President. This is very new that nothing in this country's history....has ever happened.

Good. So the NY DA will set precedent for this. And now that precedent has been set, and that former presidents are not above the law and can be arrested, Georgia, DC, NY State, et al. will be more free to prosecute.

by Anonymousreply 74March 19, 2023 6:08 PM

I assume (other than ego) Trump imagines that if people raise enough hell, prosecutors handling the other, much more serious cases against him will be cowed into not indicting out of fear. I somewhat hope the MAGAts do try something illegal, it identifies even more of them to sweep up for conviction.

by Anonymousreply 75March 19, 2023 9:49 PM

Rumors floating around Legal Twitter that his calls for violence could be used as the basis for an obstruction of justice charge.

by Anonymousreply 76March 19, 2023 9:58 PM

Thankfully he never listens to legal advice. He is the last person to be calling for protests!

by Anonymousreply 77March 19, 2023 10:03 PM

I assume he will have to get a mugshot taken. Will it be released to the public???

by Anonymousreply 78March 19, 2023 11:40 PM

I don’t remember Michael Cohen having a mug shot?

by Anonymousreply 79March 20, 2023 12:49 AM

Anyone arrested for a crime gets a mug shot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80March 20, 2023 2:58 AM

It'll be on the cover of Time. Will he post it in Mar-a-Lago?

by Anonymousreply 81March 20, 2023 4:25 AM

[quote]Rumors floating around Legal Twitter that his calls for violence could be used as the basis for an obstruction of justice charge.

Just send drag queens to do security. They know how to handle turd's flying monkeys.

by Anonymousreply 82March 20, 2023 4:27 AM

Riots in celebration?

by Anonymousreply 83March 20, 2023 4:45 AM

Are we going with extra dry or brut for the occasion? 🍾

by Anonymousreply 84March 20, 2023 5:01 AM

As I get older, I revert to my Boone's Farm tastes.

Demi sec: Moët & Chandon - Nectar Impérial Rosé Champagne.

by Anonymousreply 85March 20, 2023 5:10 AM

I've got a fine single-malt scotch waiting for the moment.

by Anonymousreply 86March 20, 2023 2:09 PM

I'll take a Ripple.

by Anonymousreply 87March 20, 2023 2:27 PM

[quote] Rumors floating around Legal Twitter that his calls for violence

Where did he explicitly call for violence?

by Anonymousreply 88March 20, 2023 2:29 PM

Trump won’t spend a second in jail thanks to progressives fucking with bail. That said, if Trumpers try rioting, NYers will beat the living hell out of them.

by Anonymousreply 89March 20, 2023 2:32 PM

[quote]He’s Teflon Don

John Gotti was the Teflon Don, until he wasn’t.

by Anonymousreply 90March 20, 2023 4:04 PM

What time is the Perp waddle?

by Anonymousreply 91March 20, 2023 4:22 PM

Trump won’t spend a second in jail thanks to progressives fucking with bail.

Bail reform, some of which was needed, has nothing to do with Cheatolini staying out of jail pending trial. In a case like this one, the principal issue for the judge to resolve is whether tRump will show up for trial. Considering that Drumpf is under law enforcement surveillance 24 hours a day that doesn’t seem to be that difficult a question to answer. It is also unlikely that in the next few months he would have the opportunity to commit this crime again. What about his many other crimes? Those are still being investigated and he has not been charged yet. Finally, the jail is ill-equipped to house someone who is under 24-hour Secret Service protection. Plus no judge wants to put a former (so-called) POTUS in jail for these charges pretrial.

by Anonymousreply 92March 20, 2023 4:30 PM

r88, Donnie Two Scoops and his base speak the same language.

Protest = Riot.

Peacefully Protest = Set shit on fire.

Hang Mike Pence = Give me a reason to declare Martial Law.

by Anonymousreply 93March 20, 2023 5:27 PM

r92, Gitmo...

by Anonymousreply 94March 20, 2023 5:59 PM

I am starting to worry that Trump no longer has the power to divide the republican party.

by Anonymousreply 95March 20, 2023 6:02 PM

[quote] Gitmo

R94, that is a federal military facility reserved for a certain class of criminals, namely foreign terrorists. The Manhattan DA and the NY Criminal Courts don’t get to ask to use that for this type of routine criminal case with a non-routine defendant who is also a United States citizen.

by Anonymousreply 96March 20, 2023 6:47 PM

Fox News reporting arraignment may be virtual to avoid issues of actual physical arrest

by Anonymousreply 97March 20, 2023 6:59 PM

“We’re gonna march down… 💥 “

by Anonymousreply 98March 20, 2023 7:54 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99March 20, 2023 8:12 PM

It seems like everyone on the cables is just vamping until the indictment comes down. I'm going for a walk, call me when it happens.

by Anonymousreply 100March 20, 2023 9:01 PM

[quote] [R94], that is a federal military facility reserved for a certain class of criminals, namely foreign terrorists

Change it.

by Anonymousreply 101March 20, 2023 9:06 PM

The indictment is just a process for rich and famous people. He'll go through the booking process and leave. Anybody here actually expecting him to be convicted regardless of the evidence is deluding themselves.

by Anonymousreply 102March 20, 2023 9:09 PM

Me? I'm just sitting here knitting.

by Anonymousreply 103March 20, 2023 9:14 PM

R102 It's not about the process. It's about the democrats having no spine.

You can be sure if this was a Democrat former president the republicans would have had him face a firing squad. Upon Putin's orders of course.

by Anonymousreply 104March 20, 2023 9:15 PM

The wheels of justice grind exceedingly slow but they grind exceedingly fine.

by Anonymousreply 105March 20, 2023 9:37 PM

[quote]It's not about the process. It's about the democrats having no spine.

Stop politicizing this. It's a criminal proceeding, it has nothing to do with whether one political party or the other has a "spine."

by Anonymousreply 106March 20, 2023 9:48 PM

[quote]—Sexy Empiricus

Mmmm. I think I saw you once in Greece. Good memories.

Heyyyy.

by Anonymousreply 107March 20, 2023 9:56 PM

Extrajudicial killings are for weak despots. They’ve got nothing to do with spines.

by Anonymousreply 108March 20, 2023 9:58 PM

I don't know, R108, I can see myself endorsing some selective extrajudicial killing.

I'll never forget how we ALL ignored the "SHOOT TRUMP FIRST!" troll when Dump ran in 2016. We lived to regret not paying more attention to him.

by Anonymousreply 109March 20, 2023 10:04 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110March 20, 2023 10:06 PM

Trump to be indicted in Georgia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111March 20, 2023 10:23 PM

r96, wasn't Jefrey Epstein transferred from one incarceration jurisdiction to another?

Gitmo.

by Anonymousreply 112March 20, 2023 10:33 PM

The Vanity Fair article says the GOP in Georgia are attempting to push through legislation to more easily fire prosecutors and DA's. These fucking people are so corrupt and evil at every level. I still can't believe my country has come to this.

by Anonymousreply 113March 20, 2023 10:37 PM

The GOP is a snakepit.

by Anonymousreply 114March 20, 2023 10:45 PM

[quote]wasn't Jefrey Epstein transferred from one incarceration jurisdiction to another?

He was convicted of federal charges, not state charges.

by Anonymousreply 115March 20, 2023 10:51 PM

Just like Jesse James…. 🎶

by Anonymousreply 116March 20, 2023 11:17 PM

r115, but wasn't he transferred to a state facility, where he killed himself? Wasn't Barr involved?

by Anonymousreply 117March 20, 2023 11:38 PM

No. He killed himself in MCC (Manhattan Correctional Center) which is a federal jail.

by Anonymousreply 118March 20, 2023 11:51 PM

Thank you for the correction. r118.

by Anonymousreply 119March 20, 2023 11:53 PM

NBC is reporting that the USSS has been in contact with the NYPD over logistics issues and safety of the courthouse.

Oh, it's gonna happen.

by Anonymousreply 120March 21, 2023 12:18 AM

After the arrest, this'll be NYC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121March 21, 2023 12:47 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122March 21, 2023 12:49 AM

A bit of levity from one of the principal players.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123March 21, 2023 1:04 AM

It seems that NYPD is finally building that wall he's been clamoring for so much. But outside Manhattan Criminal Court.

by Anonymousreply 124March 21, 2023 1:53 AM

I said in the other thread that you will see more media and security than you will that orange turd's flying monkeys proteting on his behalf. All of the shrieks from feces-flingers on social media, doesn't translate into actual support in the real world. It's very easy to be a loudmouth douchebag on here sitting on your fat ass, but to actually leave your home/trailer park and drive or get on a plane on behalf of that dogshit? Yeah, that ain't happening because that actually takes effort.

by Anonymousreply 125March 21, 2023 2:01 AM

^ I'm off and on monitoring the social media accounts of MAGAts I personally known and there's not a peep about Dump's indictment. They were total cult members during his reign and very vocal.

by Anonymousreply 126March 21, 2023 2:05 AM

Is Stormy Daniels under some kind of gag order? I'd imagine all the talk shows would be courting her furiously right now. What gives?

by Anonymousreply 127March 21, 2023 2:16 AM

There are over 30K NYPD. Trump won't even manage to get 30 people for his stupid ass.

by Anonymousreply 128March 21, 2023 2:17 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129March 21, 2023 2:19 AM

[quote]Is Stormy Daniels under some kind of gag order?

Oh hell no.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130March 21, 2023 2:25 AM

I hope she gets to describe his tiny penis with Yeti pubes for everyone in the courtroom.

by Anonymousreply 131March 21, 2023 2:26 AM

My office is in Midtown-west…no where near the courts downtown. Yet our HR team just sent a global email telling employees it was OK to work remotely on Tuesday, due to protests…Oy vey!

by Anonymousreply 132March 21, 2023 2:27 AM

Georgia will be next. Republicans will express their obligatory outrage publicly but privately they’ll be happy to let it all just play out.

by Anonymousreply 133March 21, 2023 2:28 AM

Stormy's been quite busy beating up MAGATs on the Twitter machine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134March 21, 2023 2:29 AM

They need to get Stormy on The View stat!

by Anonymousreply 135March 21, 2023 2:32 AM

Maybe MAGA is over Trump? They seem like a very vocal minority but I am not sensing any outrage from cult members. Maybe they are resigned to the fact that he is over.

by Anonymousreply 136March 21, 2023 2:34 AM

We Are Legion - MAGATs

Look at the countless Trump protesters.

The best are the comments from deplorable imbeciles claiming they can't be Trump supporters because they're wearing masks. So they're saying that the pitiful five undercover "ANTIFA/FBI" are trying to make Trump "look bad" with masks, but no supporters at all is a better look.

😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137March 21, 2023 2:49 AM

I'm here for the implosion of GOP in its current form.

by Anonymousreply 138March 21, 2023 2:52 AM

Apologies. A whopping SIX supporters

by Anonymousreply 139March 21, 2023 2:53 AM

Oops, again. I'm R137

by Anonymousreply 140March 21, 2023 2:53 AM

[quote] Maybe MAGA is over Trump? They seem like a very vocal minority but I am not sensing any outrage from cult members. Maybe they are resigned to the fact that he is over.

They are anything but over Trump, R136. We are rapidly collapsing into a zombie apocalypse, politically speaking, which is what these people want and Trump is the man who they believe will pave the way, one way or another. These people are everywhere, not just in traditionally red states, and they are lurking in the shadows waiting for their moment.

If Trump somehow becomes unelectable, they’ll turn their attentions towards DeSantis, but the Orange Horror will always be their god.

by Anonymousreply 141March 21, 2023 3:36 AM

If he wasn’t Putin’s puppet, the GOP would have assassinated Trump ten minutes after his inauguration and installed Pence.

by Anonymousreply 142March 21, 2023 3:40 AM

Look at the honker on Costello!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143March 21, 2023 3:52 AM

this is actually happening

by Anonymousreply 144March 21, 2023 4:05 AM

Kevin, sometimes it's just better not to shit yourself in public.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145March 21, 2023 4:21 AM

Funny thing about Georgia. The Governor and Secretary of state hate Trump and there's some moderate Republicans in the legislature who feel the same way. But the Lt. Governor is a Seditionist. He is a pig POS. I don't think the GOP in Georgia is inclined to intervene except for some token opposition to his indictment. You see, there is an entire system in place to conduct elections. And the Secretary of State and his team take a lot of pride in it, and the election workers, thousands of them, and their families take pride in their work, and to suggest that they were corrupt or incompetent after three or four recounts occurred is a deep insult. I think Fani wants to indict him. She is under pressure not to, but she has the grounds and she will. Nopw indicting him in GA is a state matter. Elections are run byb the state. So if the fucker gets convicted, he would be eligible for a Georgia state prison, and I am here to tell you you cannot begin to imagine what hell holes those are. Pray you never face a felony in Georgia, Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, Arkansas, or Missouri because they have the worst run prison systems in the fucking country.

by Anonymousreply 146March 21, 2023 5:07 AM

Am I the only one who doesn't want him in jail for this?

I want to see him shipped around the country, from NYC to Georgia then back to DC, to stand trial for every horrible thing he's done for years. Then I want the IRS to actually go after the millions that he owes them, so his entire little empire folds.

Being on trial is stressful. Once you're in prison--like Bernie Madoff--you get used to it, fall from the public eye, and find some sort of stasis.

by Anonymousreply 147March 21, 2023 8:59 AM

Happy Trump Indictment Day! I’m opening a bottle of Dom if it happens. Cheers.

by Anonymousreply 148March 21, 2023 10:34 AM

I have so much to do today and can't really be glued to DL or news sites.

But if something goes down, I might blow off work ...

by Anonymousreply 149March 21, 2023 10:43 AM

What are the odds it happens today?

by Anonymousreply 150March 21, 2023 11:01 AM

R132 better get out of that robe, hop in the shower and suit up. Your bosses may soon realize there aren’t going to be any!

by Anonymousreply 151March 21, 2023 11:30 AM

^oh, I’m still going into the office! But I’ll roll in a bit late.

by Anonymousreply 152March 21, 2023 11:51 AM

Not happening today.

Looking more like next week.

by Anonymousreply 153March 21, 2023 12:04 PM

Source r153?

by Anonymousreply 154March 21, 2023 12:05 PM

Heard on the radio this morning on my way to work.

by Anonymousreply 155March 21, 2023 12:09 PM

On the radio in what show? Provide details. It’s not 1979.

by Anonymousreply 156March 21, 2023 12:11 PM

Nothing is going to happen. I wonder....if trump happened 50 or 60+ years ago. I think he would have been out of office, during his term, after the first impeachment. If not, then I think he would have been indicted and behind bars by now. Back then, both parties worked together....in spite of their differences. It was more bipartisan then. Laws meant something back then, too. I hate and am angered by trump...but I'm more angered by the lack of urgency by the DOJ, DAs and law enforcements. If trump was nipped in the bud years ago, he wouldn't be the bloated monster he is today....still inflicting damage on this country.

by Anonymousreply 157March 21, 2023 12:36 PM

Well, Trump was committing crimes 40 years ago, did not have the presidency, and still he was never prosecuted for anything.

Our politicians were better because our voters were better.

by Anonymousreply 158March 21, 2023 12:53 PM

I’m pretty sure that “something “ is going to happen, R157. Your post seems troll-like.

by Anonymousreply 159March 21, 2023 1:19 PM

I just got a Bearking News alert from the NYTimes, but it was about the FOX Dominion case.

by Anonymousreply 160March 21, 2023 1:28 PM

I adore Dan Goldman. He will be the next Attorney General and the first Jewish President.

by Anonymousreply 161March 21, 2023 1:59 PM

Ivantyu Trump, prison dump... I'm sure there are some sickos out there that would make this wannabe frat boy squeal like a pig.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162March 21, 2023 2:04 PM

Sigh...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163March 21, 2023 2:06 PM

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164March 21, 2023 2:11 PM

He may finally appear, to be fingerprinted, etc. It won't be Tuesday or Wednesday. There won't be huge protests and MAGA gatherings in NYC. Once again Trump has gotten the media to wait upon him breathlessly. This is just infusing his campaign with energy. He is holding a hate rally on the weekend in Waco, of all places. This is just advance publicity and it will get more coverage and attendance. The only way out is through his death.

by Anonymousreply 165March 21, 2023 2:11 PM

Nothing will happen.

by Anonymousreply 166March 21, 2023 2:14 PM

Waco?

by Anonymousreply 167March 21, 2023 2:14 PM

Yes, in Waco.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168March 21, 2023 2:22 PM

He's holding it in Waco because he identifies with cults and their leaders

by Anonymousreply 169March 21, 2023 2:24 PM

With the same outcome, I hope.

by Anonymousreply 170March 21, 2023 2:30 PM

The Trump grievance mentality on keeping government out of our lives so we can conduct crimes with impunity is fitting for the Waco / Koresh shit.

by Anonymousreply 171March 21, 2023 2:30 PM

R164 Not so Rich Crazy Asians

by Anonymousreply 172March 21, 2023 2:35 PM

R159....I don't think so.

by Anonymousreply 173March 21, 2023 2:44 PM

It's a fun day on Twitter

by Anonymousreply 174March 21, 2023 2:45 PM

A friend of mine who works there says that the New York State courthouse downtown is being evacuated because of a bomb threat.

by Anonymousreply 175March 21, 2023 3:07 PM

Yesterday, the Trump-dispatched Costello rambled on in front of the TV cameras after his grand jury appearance, calling Michael Cohen suicidal, desperate, a liar, etc., and claiming he gave the grand jury tons of e-mail evidence that would exonerate Trump.

What's interesting is that the grand jury has not called Cohen back for questioning after Costello's appearance, which leads me to believe the grand jury saw Costello's appearance as a bunch of BS and hot air concocted by Trump himself.

by Anonymousreply 176March 21, 2023 3:08 PM

It really is amazing, the gall of these trashbag Republicans sending a letter to intimidate Bragg like they have any authority. Jordan in particular needs such a smack. A fucking insurrectionist who leads the "Weaponization of the Federal Government" committee as he attempts to obstruct and interfere in a case in a state criminal investigation where he has no right to do so, but still tries to *weaponize* his power. Hold up a mirror at your next hearing if you want to see the face or weaponization, you fucking Ohio parasite.

by Anonymousreply 177March 21, 2023 3:16 PM

“Tons of e-mail evidence”=Did everything I could distract from and delay the case.

by Anonymousreply 178March 21, 2023 3:17 PM

R176, what a lot of people forget, (media) is that they already investigated Michael Cohen. They raided his place and found files and tapes and all kinds of shit, and Michael had a conversion. He is a cooperating witness . He was convicted. He went to jail. He lost his license to practice law. So the case has been made. Some people a re saying Bragg is going to blow this case and Trump will walk away. It's a "weak case." I don't know how they get to that place, but if they got Cohen for what Trump did, they now get Trump for what Trump did. If Bragg loses this case it will be because he did it on purpose. What's he scared of? The Russian Mob? Cohen had more reasons to be afraid of them, and he's doing fine.

by Anonymousreply 179March 21, 2023 3:29 PM

R176, that's precisely what Cohen said on Ari Melber when he countered Costello. And the thing that the old sleaze lied about, is in regards to SDNY not believing Cohen, so they never went after Trump. He lied saying SDNY saw nothing there, leaving out that Bill Barr stepped in (ie., weaponized DOJ and used it as Trump's personal law firm rather than in service to the American people), and told them to drop it. Geoff Berman was fired because he could see what Barr was trying to do. Bill Barr should never be allowed out in public. Disgusting fucker.

It really is disgusting how many people from past admin. who've been disastrous or nefarious, have been allowed to just go on with their lives and make money or the media treats them like they don't belong in prison or disbarred at the very least. Bill Kristol comes to mind. Treated like some elder statesman and brought on TV (I tune out every time I see his ugly face), when he should've been shipped off to the Hague with every other fucking neocon starting with Bush.

by Anonymousreply 180March 21, 2023 3:29 PM

Will Dump still get his scheduled Executive Time every morning in prison?

by Anonymousreply 181March 21, 2023 3:29 PM

If any Republicans want to bitch about Trump being unfairly and politically prosecuted, just direct them to Democrat John Edwards. Remember his little illegal hush money payments to cover up his affair with that whore?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182March 21, 2023 3:32 PM

Bragg is a weak DA. He's been letting low level criminals back out on the streets, to embolden and continue their crimes...in a more brazen way. How do you think he'll do with trump? He may be afraid. He's not up to the job.

by Anonymousreply 183March 21, 2023 3:33 PM

Used to be a t ime, decades ago, when if some public figure was charged with a crime or under investigation, it would be a major scandal, and they would go into seclusion and be meeting with lawyers and negotiating to try to stay out of prison. And the LAw was pretty clear, and right and wrong were very clear. But now you hold rallies, go on TV promote yourself on social media, and brazen it out.

by Anonymousreply 184March 21, 2023 3:35 PM

^ Yep, this whole thing was CYA by Bragg. Why wasn't a case brought years ago? He just wanted to keep his job, and New Yorkers weren't happy that he was just letting Trump slide.

by Anonymousreply 185March 21, 2023 3:35 PM

A lawyer on CNN this morning made a pretty strong case that this would be a tough case to win. And too much rests on the word of a convicted liar...Cohen. I think Bragg should pass and let GA take the lead in getting Trump.

by Anonymousreply 186March 21, 2023 3:37 PM

It's Hillary's fault!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187March 21, 2023 3:37 PM

Hunter Biden's laptop!

by Anonymousreply 188March 21, 2023 3:40 PM

R183 is all over this thread (and this thread only) playing this down. He gets a nice potato.

by Anonymousreply 189March 21, 2023 3:41 PM

We shall see R189. I don't want to say, "I told you so"....will be happy if it happens. Otherwise, get your head out of your ass.

by Anonymousreply 190March 21, 2023 3:45 PM

Daniel Goldman is the hottest...right up there with muscular Chris Hayes.

by Anonymousreply 191March 21, 2023 3:46 PM

I just love these flyover/southern MAGAts in particular sticking their stupid noses in this thinking that Bragg isn't doing precisely what *NEW YORK TAXPAYERS* are paying him to do. For decades, we've been wanting to see that disgusting criminal family held accountable.

His supporters are trash and they can go fuck themselves.

BTW, to the person who said it's a weak case: Cohen literally went to prison over it. How could Trump get away with it when he's "Individual #1" but Cohen goes to prison?

by Anonymousreply 192March 21, 2023 3:50 PM

R183, did you just create an account profile on DL this morning? Russian troll CUNT.

by Anonymousreply 193March 21, 2023 3:51 PM

[quote]I think Bragg should pass and let GA take the lead in getting Trump.

No. Once Bragg opens the door for an indictment of a former president, the dam will burst and other jurisdictions will not have to kick the door down. Whether he gets a conviction or not in this case doesn't change the fact that it's now precedent for a prior president to be indicted.

by Anonymousreply 194March 21, 2023 3:53 PM

This case may not be as strong as the cases surrounding Trump's other possible indictments, but like R194 said, win or lose, the NY indictment will open the floodgates.

Georgia will be watching the NY case, as will the DOJ. This will be their primer and will give them valuable information on how to best prepare for their indictments.

by Anonymousreply 195March 21, 2023 3:56 PM

I think the case is strong. You have Cohen and Daniels telling them exactly what happened and Trump signing the checks.

by Anonymousreply 196March 21, 2023 5:21 PM

Bomb threat called in to NY courthouse right before hearing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197March 21, 2023 5:48 PM

DJT probably made the threat while sitting on the toilet from a burner phone.

by Anonymousreply 198March 21, 2023 5:57 PM

Thanks, r197.

We were told three hours ago.

by Anonymousreply 199March 21, 2023 6:19 PM

R199- Didn't see it posted anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 200March 21, 2023 6:26 PM

I'm only teasing you because this thread makes me so happy.

But it was posted back at r175.

by Anonymousreply 201March 21, 2023 6:30 PM

R198 thank you for my first laugh out loud moment of the day! What a mental picture!

by Anonymousreply 202March 21, 2023 6:30 PM

R200 - it's right here in the thread you are reading and responding to. Don't worry about it. The "mein fuhrer" joke is funny but we've always had duplicates and nobody gives a shit. Carry on.

No way it was Dump who called in the bomb threat, John Barron, John Miller or David Dennison - maybe.

by Anonymousreply 203March 21, 2023 6:32 PM

Vladimir Putin would love to see his buddy Donnie get back in power. Then he could pull out of Ukraine and save the fucked up Russian state.

by Anonymousreply 204March 21, 2023 6:36 PM

They are so full of shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205March 21, 2023 6:57 PM

An Inconvenient Truth:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206March 21, 2023 7:03 PM

IT'S GOING DOWN!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207March 21, 2023 7:06 PM

"Bragg is a weak DA. He's been letting low level criminals back out on the streets, to embolden and continue their crimes...in a more brazen way."

Homicides are down in NYC. Blaming district attorneys for crime is what Republicans do, because they don't understand that the root causes of crime and poverty and lack of education, which they allow to continue by trashing schools and labeling it "communism" to help the poor

by Anonymousreply 208March 21, 2023 7:18 PM

Seriously? It's going down?

Huzzah!

by Anonymousreply 209March 21, 2023 7:20 PM

Nah, people are posting all kinds of fake stuff on twitter. Utterly untrustworthy. Look to actual news sites you trust before you get excited.

by Anonymousreply 210March 21, 2023 7:29 PM

I’ll still believe it when I see it.

by Anonymousreply 211March 21, 2023 7:30 PM

Is that a fake pic, r207? It looks incredibly real (and is sooo satisfying). But I haven’t seen any news alerts.

by Anonymousreply 212March 21, 2023 7:31 PM

My bad. My friend texted me that pic but apparently it's a fake floating around twitter.

GODDAMMIT!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 213March 21, 2023 7:34 PM

R213- That's ok, I enjoyed the hell out of it anyway.

by Anonymousreply 214March 21, 2023 7:38 PM

Bomb threat called into NY courthouse

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215March 21, 2023 7:40 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216March 21, 2023 8:19 PM

JFC, r215.

Read the thread!

by Anonymousreply 217March 21, 2023 9:15 PM

Does this give him several days to whip up outrage?

by Anonymousreply 218March 21, 2023 9:40 PM

The bomb threats probably came from his putrid kids or Rudy Guiliani.

by Anonymousreply 219March 21, 2023 9:40 PM

How many people realize that a united group of Native American Leaders made Trump an honorary chief? Chief Shitting Bricks.

by Anonymousreply 220March 21, 2023 9:42 PM

That's OK, r220. He'll still be fucked.

Bragg is part Indian. He's from the Slap-A-Ho tribe.

by Anonymousreply 221March 21, 2023 9:44 PM

[quote]Does this give him several days to whip up outrage?

That's what he's hoping for, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 222March 21, 2023 9:44 PM

Jared Kushner is half Bottomwannabe.

by Anonymousreply 223March 21, 2023 9:46 PM

R207 I'm not surprised it's taking 5 officers to handle Trump. He is so strong with his barrel chest and big broad shoulders.

by Anonymousreply 224March 21, 2023 9:46 PM

R224, how sad is it that I'm not sure if you're serious, considering the influx of right-wing trash.

by Anonymousreply 225March 21, 2023 9:59 PM

How is this political prosecution but the following are not:

Her emails

Benghazi

Hunter Biden’s delicious penis they can’t get enough of

by Anonymousreply 226March 21, 2023 10:01 PM

R226, you can also throw in the letter from complete asswipe Republicans who have ZERO authority in NYC, but are attempting to have Bragg prosecuted. Fucking dickheads.

by Anonymousreply 227March 21, 2023 10:07 PM

r196, Weisselberg is already in jail for the Trump Organization rip off.

He was one of the three Cohen had on the tape recorder discussing the financing of the hush money.

How is he not indicted under the Strormy Daniels case?

by Anonymousreply 228March 21, 2023 10:17 PM

The feds already said Trump was guilty of this crime but he was in office. The Republicans hang on to soiled Donald at their own risk.

by Anonymousreply 229March 21, 2023 10:20 PM

R132 trotting back from the office…No protests in Midtown. 75%+ of the office stayed away—did not come in. Facilities cancelled our usual free breakfast.

I hate my job🤠

by Anonymousreply 230March 21, 2023 10:33 PM

A different case:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231March 21, 2023 11:06 PM

Not expecting anything to happen.

by Anonymousreply 232March 21, 2023 11:11 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233March 21, 2023 11:25 PM

I sincerely hope they stay chained to Donald Trump so that he can pull them under and drown them all.

by Anonymousreply 234March 21, 2023 11:39 PM

I have never hated anyone as much as I hate him.

by Anonymousreply 235March 21, 2023 11:43 PM

Mr. District Attorney, please don't take my baby away!

by Anonymousreply 236March 22, 2023 12:05 AM

I wonder if the fat fuck is even worried about all of this. He is getting media attention and that seems to be all that matters to him.

by Anonymousreply 237March 22, 2023 12:08 AM

I just wanna see the mugshot. It's gonna be one for the ages.

Then every single Democratic candidate running for any kind of office, from city council to the Senate, should use it on all their campaign literature.

by Anonymousreply 238March 22, 2023 12:14 AM

Statute of Limitations runs out in May if I heard correctly. They'll try to run down the clock.

by Anonymousreply 239March 22, 2023 12:26 AM

R235 = Melania

by Anonymousreply 240March 22, 2023 12:26 AM

R239 Too late. It's happening.

by Anonymousreply 241March 22, 2023 12:27 AM

Chris Rock said arresting former President Donald Trump would be like imprisoning Tupac Shakur — arguing that it'll only boost the bombastic 2024 presidential candidate and help Trump rally more support.

“Are you guys really going to arrest Trump? Do you know that this is only going to make him more popular? It is like arresting Tupac. He’s just going to sell more records. Are you stupid?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242March 22, 2023 12:28 AM

[quote]Statute of Limitations runs out in May if I heard correctly. They'll try to run down the clock.

The clock stops once charges are filed.

by Anonymousreply 243March 22, 2023 12:32 AM

He'll be indicted in NYC, Georgia and Florida, I think possibly in DC too.

Lots of crimes, he'll be busy for years with this shit.

by Anonymousreply 244March 22, 2023 12:35 AM

What’s the Florida indictment about r244?

by Anonymousreply 245March 22, 2023 12:36 AM

I wish they'd stop with this...it's so much bullshit. Either you arrest him, or you don't.

by Anonymousreply 246March 22, 2023 12:37 AM

R246 The DA is doing its job and following procedures. It's Trump who's throwing out bullshit with posts like "I'm being arrested Tuesday!"

Blame the orange asshole, not the DA.

by Anonymousreply 247March 22, 2023 12:38 AM

Stop with what, exactly, r246?

No one is doing anything they should stop. The Grand Jury returns tomorrow. No one from that office has commented nor confirmed or denied an indictment is imminent.

Remember, it was klangerine who claimed he would be arrested on Tuesday, setting off this media firestorm, not the DA's office.

by Anonymousreply 248March 22, 2023 12:38 AM

[quote]“Are you guys really going to arrest Trump? Do you know that this is only going to make him more popular? It is like arresting Tupac. He’s just going to sell more records. Are you stupid?

I'll never understand this logic. The rule of law still means something in this country, or at least it's supposed to. Should we let people get away with crimes because arresting them [italic]may[/italic] have an unintended consequence we don't like?

by Anonymousreply 249March 22, 2023 12:40 AM

R249 Furthermore, comparing Tupac selling records after his death to a former president committing crimes and getting supporters pissed off if he's indicted is a completely stupid analogy.

Do better, Chris.

by Anonymousreply 250March 22, 2023 12:42 AM

Why won't he just die?

by Anonymousreply 251March 22, 2023 12:44 AM

Clearly, people have not figured out that cheeto is far more dangerous as a martyr for their deplorable cause.

We should all pray he doesn't die while this is happening, or Jan 6 will look like a fun day of civic duty.

by Anonymousreply 252March 22, 2023 12:46 AM

[quote]We should all pray he doesn't die while this is happening, or Jan 6 will look like a fun day of civic duty.

Who cares? He would be gone.

by Anonymousreply 253March 22, 2023 12:52 AM

He's not dangerous. His support is ebbing away, and he is aging before our eyes. Very soon he'll just be a delusional old mad man wandering around shitting on the floor for attention and making false accusations about things no one cares about. And Trump Force One, his airplane will either be sold or mothballed because they can't afford to maintain it. And Mar A Lago will be in ruins.

by Anonymousreply 254March 22, 2023 12:56 AM

Out of sight out of mind.

by Anonymousreply 255March 22, 2023 12:57 AM

Did this news of his arrest come from Trump himself? Isn’t this all a rumor?

by Anonymousreply 256March 22, 2023 12:59 AM

Look. When he dies I want it to be public. Like a stroke on the golf course. I don't want any bullshit about him being secretly murdered or anything else that martyrs him. I want him to choke on his McDonalds. Or get stomach cancer from all the Diet Coke he drinks. Or do an Elvis. On the toilet.

by Anonymousreply 257March 22, 2023 1:02 AM

R255, that's Trump's biggest fear. He loves being in the spotlight he loves attention and he doesn't give a fuck how he gets it. At this point he is so desperate for attention he will be happy to go to NYC and get his mug shot taken.

by Anonymousreply 258March 22, 2023 1:04 AM

R258- And the media happily gives it to him.

by Anonymousreply 259March 22, 2023 1:10 AM

[quote] Why won't he just die?

I think it’s something about the good dying young?

by Anonymousreply 260March 22, 2023 1:14 AM

I want to see him tased.

by Anonymousreply 261March 22, 2023 1:14 AM

He is too evil to die.

by Anonymousreply 262March 22, 2023 1:15 AM

R252 The best thing he could do for America - and the world, actually - is to die.

by Anonymousreply 263March 22, 2023 2:06 AM

Trump said he was getting arrested today (Tuesday). He lied about this.

Reporters stated that there is more happening in the grand jury.

DA of NY City, said his office will not be intimated by Trump and The Republican Party.

by Anonymousreply 264March 22, 2023 2:15 AM

[quote]DA of NY City, said his office will not be intimated by Trump and The Republican Party.

Meanwhile, dirtbag Rand Paul tweeted today that the NYC district attorney should be "in jail."

by Anonymousreply 265March 22, 2023 2:19 AM

This was all a trump fabrication. The media played right into his hands.

by Anonymousreply 266March 22, 2023 2:23 AM

[quote]He's not dangerous. His support is ebbing away, and he is aging before our eyes. Very soon he'll just be a delusional old mad man wandering around shitting on the floor for attention and making false accusations about things no one cares about.

Timing is EVERYTHING. It's better to wait until his support has died. The fact that he beats DeSatan in some polls is troubling.

[quote]Look. When he dies I want it to be public. Like a stroke on the golf course. I don't want any bullshit about him being secretly murdered or anything else that martyrs him.

His supporters are all conspiracy wingnuts. No matter how he dies, there are going to be more conspiracy theories than there are for Kennedy, Marilyn, 9/11, and the moon landings combined. It's going to be hell. Even a stroke on the golf course will result in dozens of claims that he was healthy and some secret liberal medical experiments induced the stroke without leaving any traces of the drug.

As a practical matter, I continue to believe the best overall outcome is that he lives a long and miserable life during which dementia and unhinged ranting make him a laughingstock to his supporters. That will result in the least controversy, strife, and political hoopla...for all of us. Less satisfying, but much more likely to result in stability, rather than armed nutbags storming the capital again.

by Anonymousreply 267March 22, 2023 2:30 AM

Well the racist pigs have their marching orders so now they are attacking the DA and the Grand Jury process. In Georgia, they want the judge to toss out the findings of the special grand jury. They will say that every single effort to gather evidence of his many crimes is tainted and it's all political. Now Trump saying it is one thing. But when members of Congress start attacking the criminal justice system and demanding records of legal proceedings, that's another.

by Anonymousreply 268March 22, 2023 2:32 AM

Remember, this (potential arrest) was discovered by reporters from Trump's statements to his followers. This is when Trump told his cult followers to mount a mass protest against the US Government for "his Arrest", which he said was to be Today/Tuesday.

So it is so Crazy.

by Anonymousreply 269March 22, 2023 2:40 AM

Can we lower the hysteria?

Ignore him until he’s dead

Then bury him in an unmarked grave

by Anonymousreply 270March 22, 2023 2:46 AM

Trump announced he was going to be arrested Tuesday and practically begged his supporters to violently overthrow the country. The response by his supporters was...tepid. I don't think any prosecutors were intimidated. The indictments will come.

by Anonymousreply 271March 22, 2023 2:49 AM

Jim Jordan demanded documents from Alvin Bragg today who responded by telling Gym to pound sand.

LOL

by Anonymousreply 272March 22, 2023 2:54 AM

How can one person manipulate so many people, and try to overthrow the legal system and the country, and keep on doing shit and running his damned mouth, and not suffer ANY consequences? The country has been dealing with this deal for years now.

by Anonymousreply 273March 22, 2023 3:21 AM

Just as trump is facing indictment, Ron DeSantis gives an interview where he attacks Trump and insists he can beat Biden in 2024: Florida governor tears into Trump's character, mocks his use of nicknames and says there's no 'daily drama' in his government

DeSantis also said flat out he could beat President Joe Biden, although he again stopped short of saying he would run. 'If I were to run,' he said, 'I'm running against Biden.

by Anonymousreply 274March 22, 2023 3:36 AM

What I do worry about is that once he is formally indicted, arrested, mugshot and finger printed, the violence will come in sporadic bursts in various states. Here in GA, we have the hardcore Marjorie Taylor Greene people, and some real lunatics and they will definitely try something. But they're cowards so it may not be a full blown protest. More like target practice. So that's what I worry about. Because some of them are really hot for a race war. I doubt we'll see mobs like Jan. 6th. But I am not going to believe there's no threat because there is. In pockets all over this country.

by Anonymousreply 275March 22, 2023 3:53 AM

I've thought, for a while now that DeSantis will make a move against Trump. He's just as bad.

by Anonymousreply 276March 22, 2023 4:02 AM

[quote]He's not dangerous.

People said the same thing in 2015. And let's see how you feel if he gets re-elected.

by Anonymousreply 277March 22, 2023 4:04 AM

A nightmare to even think about. I really thought Trump was done. Now DeSantis. Goddamn.

by Anonymousreply 278March 22, 2023 4:08 AM

Trump IS done. Did you think there were no other dumbass Republicans?

Meatball Ron will lose, Donald the Hutt will lose. Nimrata will lose. They'll all lose. Americans are beyond tired of their extremist right wing shit and all their drama. Meatball Ron is a HUGE drama queen and he won't play well across the country. All they have is drama, they have nothing of substance and no new ideas (nor any decent old ideas either). They have weak wedge issues that ultimately won't get them to the White House. They have unlikeable candidates that won't get them to the White House either.

Losers gonna lose.

by Anonymousreply 279March 22, 2023 4:20 AM

[quote]As a practical matter, I continue to believe the best overall outcome is that he lives a long and miserable life during which dementia and unhinged ranting make him a laughingstock to his supporters.

And at what point will Trump worshipers suddenly and magically turn into rational human beings?

by Anonymousreply 280March 22, 2023 7:40 AM

"It would be so very satisfying to see him wheeled into court wearing a Hannibal Lector mask."

Trump being blindfolded for the firing squad is my Klangerine Dream.

by Anonymousreply 281March 22, 2023 8:23 AM

He doesn't deserve the blindfold. Bring him eyes wide open.

by Anonymousreply 282March 22, 2023 8:52 AM

What are the chances he's indicted today?

by Anonymousreply 283March 22, 2023 9:30 AM

[quote]How can one person manipulate so many people, and try to overthrow the legal system and the country, and keep on doing shit and running his damned mouth, and not suffer ANY consequences?

I honestly don't know why so many everyday Americans don't see through him, his cons are so transparent. But the reason he continues to "do shit" is because the lawmakers in his party are afraid to stand up to him – for the sole reason that they value their reelection over their country.

by Anonymousreply 284March 22, 2023 11:10 AM

R284, I think he gets away with it because there are so many Republicans that make sure he does - he would have easily been impeached if any Senators had the integrity of Mitt Romney, for example. He's allowed them to take off their masks and show what authoritarians and supremacists they really are. If Jan 6 hadn't endangered themselves personally, most Congressional Republicans would have been in full support. Look how they're trying to rewrite its history. They are even now acting to try to interfere with investigations and prosecutors on his behalf. This fish rotted from the bottom up.

by Anonymousreply 285March 22, 2023 11:19 AM

I think a lot of Americans, who support him, see through him. It's just that they are shitty as people...just like him. That's why they love him. He represents the worst in human nature and speaks their language.

by Anonymousreply 286March 22, 2023 12:22 PM

Does anyone what this late night meeting was about?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287March 22, 2023 12:22 PM

R273...I know. In a way, (don't jump on me) it's a talent.....albeit a very evil one. His manipulations are astonishing and infuriating.

by Anonymousreply 288March 22, 2023 12:32 PM

[quote]I think a lot of Americans, who support him, see through him.

I think you vastly underestimate the stupidity and gullibility of a certain segment of the American public.

by Anonymousreply 289March 22, 2023 12:35 PM

[quote]How can one person manipulate so many people

Because people are batshit crazy:

Lawyer Joseph McBride, who is representing a handful of Jan. 6 defendants, thinks that the timing of Trump’s likely arrest is notable.

“President Trump will be arrested during lent—a time of suffering and purification for the followers of Jesus Christ,” McBride wrote on Twitter. “As Christ was crucified, and then rose again on the 3rd day, so too will @realdonaldtrump.”

When he faced some pushback on comparing Trump’s plight to Jesus Christ’s hours-long torture, McBride doubled down. “JESUS LOVES DONALD TRUMP. JESUS DIED FOR DONALD TRUMP. JESUS LIVES INSIDE DONALD TRUMP,” McBride tweeted. “DEAL WITH IT.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290March 22, 2023 1:10 PM

OMG...^^

by Anonymousreply 291March 22, 2023 1:14 PM

Should have added a big LOL after that...

by Anonymousreply 292March 22, 2023 1:16 PM

More like Lucifer lives inside of the fat bastard.

by Anonymousreply 293March 22, 2023 1:18 PM

[quote]What are the chances he's indicted today?

The grand jury apparently meets today so there's a chance he'll be indicted, but my guess is that if he is, it'll be a sealed indictment and they'll work with his attorneys to try to get him to quietly turn himself in, get processed and released on bail, with a minimum of fuss. They're probably very worried about his supporters trying to cause something.

by Anonymousreply 294March 22, 2023 1:19 PM

I know I always compare the trials and tribulations of our savior Donald J Trump with that of Jesus H Christ.

by Anonymousreply 295March 22, 2023 1:23 PM

R279 I tend to agree with you. But the thing that incenses me is the fucking news media with their false equivalencies and their determination to cover the Extremists as if they represent a significant percentage of the electorate embracing a candidate, when in fact, the Media has create this electorate. When you have saturation coverage of Trump, or De Santis or whomever, it seems normal.

They talk about states passing repressive, unconstitutional laws, bad laws, as if it's a done deal. Don't bother to mention the lawsuits and appeals, or the opposition. People begin to tacitly accept the unacceptable. Are all the people who voted for Trump Fascists? No, not really. They are stupid. Or "sheeple" as we at DL describe them. Instead of finding the Extremist candidates repugnant, the sheeple feel like it's OK, and they accept it because the media normalizes it.

Locally, I have not read anything about how the local Republican Party thugs act. I have had elderly neighbors who have been intimidated by the GOP "volunteers." They get phone calls, and people coming to their houses aggressively insisting they put up lawn signs, and calling them several times a week. Sending them mail soliciting funds, and then the people at the door, saying "why haven't you responded? " One elderly neighbor lady told me she voted for Trump and was so happy he lost! "They wouldn't leave me alone." Their tactics are very much imitating the Nazi brown shirts of the '30s, and it's deliberate.

The Republicans have weaponized "Low Information voters" and they are very aggressive about getting out the vote. Then you also have the "aspirational" voter who says he doesn't care about "all that rhetoric" he likes how they run the economy! And let's not forget the voters filled with grievances and resentment, always worrying that someone else is getting more than they are. Fox News has convinced them it's the Dems' fault.

But it's not just Fox. Through it all, most of the mainstream media (even MSNBC) is there setting the agenda, telling us what it means, and "analyzing" everything in the most misguided superficial way. They love spectacle and hype. The goal is ratings and revenue. I've stopped watching the networks for political news. If it's important I'll go to C Span...or You Tube. The most recent example of bullshit hype is how the media has been covering, wall to wall, the possibility of violence when Trump is arrested, making it almost a self fulfilling prophecy. I hate them.

by Anonymousreply 296March 22, 2023 1:29 PM

During a news show yesterday they were showing a press conference he did the other day? Is that correct? He was talking about the upcoming arrest or whatever. So boring. I didn’t even watch so that’s why im unclear what was going on.

My reaction reassures me. During trump’s reign he was on my mind every single fucking day. He terrified me and I couldn’t not pay attention. Now? It’s a big yawn. He’s a walking limp dick.

by Anonymousreply 297March 22, 2023 1:35 PM

[quote]The most recent example of bullshit hype is how the media has been covering, wall to wall, the possibility of violence when Trump is arrested, making it almost a self fulfilling prophecy. I hate them.

Violence would be a ratings bonanza!

by Anonymousreply 298March 22, 2023 1:41 PM

Hillary was right. The Republicans don't stop him because they agree with him. Maybe some are afraid of the Neo Nazi fascists at home in their states who have hijackedt he state Republican parties and menace and threaten. Maybe they think they will lose an election or their families would be in danger. I guess that's why so many Republicans in Congress have retired since Trump got elected in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 299March 22, 2023 1:41 PM

R296...Good post and very true. I can't stand the media, too.

by Anonymousreply 300March 22, 2023 1:48 PM

[quote]They're probably very worried about his supporters trying to cause something.

We ain't worried in New York. The Proud Bitches got their asses handed to them at a drag story hour.

Welcome to New York Fucking City, punks.

by Anonymousreply 301March 22, 2023 2:21 PM

[quote]During a news show yesterday they were showing a press conference he did the other day? Is that correct? He was talking about the upcoming arrest or whatever.

If we're thinking of the same thing, it was a video he made for his twitter-like website, whatever it's called.

by Anonymousreply 302March 22, 2023 2:22 PM

Honestly, I'd prefer Trump to be the Republican nominee, since he's unelectable. And, if he can do a lot of damage to DeSantis in the process, I'm all for that.

by Anonymousreply 303March 22, 2023 2:24 PM

Omg at R290, wtf.

by Anonymousreply 304March 22, 2023 2:40 PM

[quote]Meanwhile, dirtbag Rand Paul tweeted today that the NYC district attorney should be "in jail."

I don't know how anyone can ever even focus on his words when he has that roadkill on his head.

And no one gives a shit what that shithole-representing trash thinks. It's just noise.

by Anonymousreply 305March 22, 2023 2:42 PM

[quote]the gall of these trashbag Republicans sending a letter to intimidate Bragg like they have any authority.

Hold on a sec. I thought they were the party of law and order? Are you suggesting they don't want the law to work properly because it's a member of their own party?

Why, that couldn't be. I mean, it just couldn't. Right?

by Anonymousreply 306March 22, 2023 2:45 PM

The same media that brought us constant coverage of the coming "red wave," now bring you supposed massive protests on behalf of orange dogshit.

by Anonymousreply 307March 22, 2023 2:45 PM

Vaughn Hillyard's coverage of MAGAts is pathetic and vomit-inducing. He feels the need to air every stupid thing these pitiful individuals have to say and give it validation. He's covering like 20 people in FL as if it's some massive group. The craven media's desperation to create the narrative that MAGA is far more powerful than it is and give oxygen to these nothings, has really destroyed the country.

by Anonymousreply 308March 22, 2023 2:56 PM

If he is ever to be in prison, secret service would still be required to be near him. If he wasn’t so hideous, that would be a good pron set up.

by Anonymousreply 309March 22, 2023 3:03 PM

R308, and that's it in a nutshell. Covering 20 people as if it is some massive group or that they represent something beyond their own lunacy. Keep that in mind every time you watch the news.

by Anonymousreply 310March 22, 2023 3:15 PM

ITA, R308!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 311March 22, 2023 3:16 PM

𝗛𝗼𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝗦𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗻 𝗕𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘁𝘀 𝗠𝗦𝗡𝗕𝗖 𝗢𝗯𝘀𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝗖𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿𝗮𝗴𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗧𝗿𝘂𝗺𝗽 𝗔𝗿𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘁: ‘𝗧𝗵𝗲𝘆 𝗪𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗚𝗼𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗙*𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗕𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗲𝗿𝗸’

“I was watching MSNBC, they were going fucking berserk with, you know, Trump potentially being arrested,” Stern told his co-host Robin Quivers.

“These indictment possibilities,” Quivers remarked.

“Oh my God. It’s the same discussion over and over again,” Stern said. “They go, ‘It’s very possible that President Trump will be indicted according to…”

“And then they all come on the air and they’re all discussing whether or not Trump’s gonna be indicted. I go, ‘You know what? Why don’t you sit tight and wait and see instead of like, speculating?'” Stern said.

Quivers compared the coverage to a sporting event with all the predictions and anticipation.

“That’s right. You don’t have to speculate. This is what my problem is with those news shows,” Quivers said. “They treat politics like sports, you know? When something like the Super Bowl is coming up, you have two weeks to discuss what’s gonna happen in the Super Bowl.”

by Anonymousreply 312March 22, 2023 3:17 PM

The media can't get enough of this shit. They become giddy over it.

by Anonymousreply 313March 22, 2023 3:55 PM

The MAGA cult needs (and maybe wants) to be excised like a tumor.

by Anonymousreply 314March 22, 2023 4:08 PM

No meeting today for the grand jury. No indictments for now.

by Anonymousreply 315March 22, 2023 4:41 PM

He lied about the day so his white trash minions would have time to plan.

by Anonymousreply 316March 22, 2023 4:42 PM

Even if Trump lost in 2024, he would say it was rigged and he is running again in 2028. Self-reflection is not part of his makeup kit.

by Anonymousreply 317March 22, 2023 4:43 PM

I could see that R317. As long as he's alive, he'll keep tormenting the country. Destruction is his game.

by Anonymousreply 318March 22, 2023 4:46 PM

I wish we could start a movement. I guess we would have to use the media to screw the media. But maybe not. Maybe we could use social media. But If we could all just step away from the political news shows, and refuse to be drawn in to the personality horserace hype, We'd be better off and the media might get the message. I'm encouraging my friends and family to stop watching political news shows. Those panels of "experts" who bloviate about nothing. I galls me to realize too many of us think they know better. Now if it is a science or tech or legal issue or even financial or economics maybe they do have some informed, educated opinion. But it is just an opinion and you can hear differing views depending on who you watch.

I am going to focus on policies. I'm more interested in what they propose than who they are. With the Republicans, they have been trying to weaken or get rid of Medicare and Social Security for decades. So why would anyone believe them if they say they won't. It is their goal. They want to dismantle our government. They talk about tax cuts but Trump's tax cuts for the wealthy are causing us to pay more until 2027. Every year. And the reality of how much money a tax cut actually puts real dollars in your pocket is laughable.

The Republicans have historically shown how poorly they manage the economy. When they say less government they aren't talking about us. They are talking about deregulation for their corporate sponsors. So IMO it's pretty clear which party has policies...and a track record that attempts to address things I care about. I don't intend to be drawn in to "who do you like better" deal. IMO that's very divisive, and you can't win if you are divided. I am voting for whoever the Democrats nominate. Personally I feel like my dog Skippy would be a better President than any Republican.

I also intend to pay a loot more attention to my state legislature and school board elections and local stuff. Because they are really screwing us over at the state level.

by Anonymousreply 319March 22, 2023 4:46 PM

It will never die. We will never be free of this black plague.

by Anonymousreply 320March 22, 2023 4:46 PM

It's not easy...at least for me. The trick is to put him out of your head. Period. He's in a lot of peoples' heads...whether you hate him, or faithfully support him. It's a sickness. The media makes that hard, reading social media...so maybe just turn those off altogether. He's a cult leader who knows how to play that game....and he won't give up. He's so obsessed himself about losing the election in '20....and will not take "no" for an answer. He'll do and say anything to win. He's like an abusive husband going after his ex-wife relentlessly...because only he can have and control her. He'll even kill her....like trump will to the USA.

by Anonymousreply 321March 22, 2023 4:54 PM

R321- He already has.

by Anonymousreply 322March 22, 2023 4:55 PM

Wull, he hasn't kilt me. Next time I see em I'm gonna lay a big wet fart on 'im.

by Anonymousreply 323March 22, 2023 4:57 PM

Maybe Trump's rally this Saturday in Waco will be the one where he passes out the cyanide laced Kool-Aid.

by Anonymousreply 324March 22, 2023 8:22 PM

Maggie Haberman got hella scooped this morning lmao

by Anonymousreply 325March 22, 2023 8:49 PM

r324 I think Bragg is waiting till after the Wacko Wackiness to issue the indictment.

He wants no tie in.

That is why he is continuing to interview people to stall for next week. Smoke.

by Anonymousreply 326March 22, 2023 9:26 PM

Can I just say: To those of you who are characterizing this as Trump paying off a porn star, that's really not the way I think of this. Because the missing word is "STOLEN." To me, that fucker stole $130,000, money that a lot of dumb MAGAts sent him for his campaign. And he used it to indulge his personal sexual activities, and then pay off the sex worker using money he STOLE from his contributors. So all those MAGAs out here protesting, and all the Republican politicians protesting, and all the Fox pundits protesting are tell Trump's supporters it's OK for him to STEAL $130,000 of the money they gave him, and give it to Stormy Daniels for a blow job. and a quick fuck..

by Anonymousreply 327March 22, 2023 9:30 PM

Has he told his sheep why he was wrong about getting arrested yesterday?

by Anonymousreply 328March 22, 2023 9:51 PM

[quote] Maggie Haberman got hella scooped this morning lmao

?

by Anonymousreply 329March 22, 2023 9:56 PM

R328, Trump is like those would-be messiahs who claim the world is going to end next Tuesday only it never happens. In other words, he’s the kind of scam artist his base is already used to.

by Anonymousreply 330March 22, 2023 9:57 PM

It's the end, I tell ya!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331March 22, 2023 10:05 PM

I heard they are coordinating the indictment day with the day Trump is being booked. It’s all bad news for him at this point.

by Anonymousreply 332March 22, 2023 10:21 PM

For R331.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333March 22, 2023 10:53 PM

Daily Mail claims there's a letter from Cohen stating that Trump did not pay him the $130,000. Now I have no idea what that means. I do not trust the Mail but I do check to see what line of bullshit they peddle from time to time.

by Anonymousreply 334March 22, 2023 11:12 PM

R334, the letter is not from Cohen. It is from Cohen’s attorney in 2018, and repeats what Cohen subsequently testified were lies Cohen asserted on Trump’s behalf.

by Anonymousreply 335March 22, 2023 11:17 PM

This is collapsing

by Anonymousreply 336March 22, 2023 11:28 PM

R334, also, Trump admitted (on FOX, no less) that he authorized the payment to Stormy Daniels, even though Cohen had been claiming that he had paid her off of his own initiative, so we know that this “smoking gun” letter in nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 337March 22, 2023 11:29 PM

[quote]This is collapsing

It's an American court. Shit takes time. I know you can't understand that from your trollfarm cubicle in Irkutsk, but it does.

The wheels of justice grind slow and particularly fine.

by Anonymousreply 338March 22, 2023 11:30 PM

It sure is. Everything is collapsing right in on Klangerine.

(That is what you meant, isn't it?)

by Anonymousreply 339March 22, 2023 11:30 PM

And now this. Hee hee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340March 23, 2023 12:21 AM

by Anonymousreply 341March 23, 2023 12:49 AM

Apparently Trump begged Bragg not to indict him? I'm sure that worked.

by Anonymousreply 342March 23, 2023 2:37 AM

I guess the shit Republicans grew so accustomed to glaring corruption of the Aileen Cannon variety that they expect every other legal system to operate like that pile of shit down in Florida.

by Anonymousreply 343March 23, 2023 2:50 AM

So is this indictment going to happen or not? Can anyone explain what's going on? I thought they had it in the bag.

by Anonymousreply 344March 23, 2023 3:02 AM

R344, what’s going on is that Trump is trying to manipulate the news cycle. HE obviously understands that something is about to happen because by creating this fuss he is pushing his followers to attack Alvin Bragg and the people who work for him.

by Anonymousreply 345March 23, 2023 3:06 AM

Thanks for answering, r345. So it WILL happen, definitely? What is the delay all about?

by Anonymousreply 346March 23, 2023 3:08 AM

Bragg seems like he'd be intimidated by Trump and all the attacks and who knows what kind of threats and pressure he is getting behind the scenes. If he had balls he'd out Trump, Trump by talking louder and pushing back hard.

by Anonymousreply 347March 23, 2023 3:29 AM

R346, former federal prosecutor Glen Kerschner says there is typically a period of time between when the grand jury votes for indictment and when the arrest/arraignment occurs. It's unlikely both will happen on the same day. So, even if the jury votes to indict tomorrow, it may be next week before they actually arrange to have Trump arrested or surrender himself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348March 23, 2023 5:01 AM

With all of these investigations stalled, I see the Bragg case being taken over by Mr. Smith.

by Anonymousreply 349March 23, 2023 5:01 AM

[quote]Thanks for answering, [R345]. So it WILL happen, definitely? What is the delay all about?

What delay? There's been no announcement from the prosecutor as to any sort of timetable. Trump set up this expectation, and you're dancing on his strings.

by Anonymousreply 350March 23, 2023 11:51 AM

R349. There’s no investigation that is “stalled.” What are you mumbling about.

And, don’t you know the difference between a County D.A. and a federal special counsel—they operate in separate jdx …

by Anonymousreply 351March 23, 2023 12:06 PM

The NYPD also danced to Trump's worthless tune by putting up crush barriers on Monday.

How smug and powerful Trump must feel in wasting manpower and time thus. Because his cretin ego sought somehow to control the narrative.

It's immeasurably to be hoped that justice is served on this grotesque - before the narrative of history rips him apart for decades to follow.

by Anonymousreply 352March 23, 2023 12:10 PM

I hope he noticeably shits his diaper in front of the media as they perp walk him in.

by Anonymousreply 353March 23, 2023 12:32 PM

That’s the thing.

1) he’s raised almost 2 million off of this.

2) 24/7 coverage on all media platforms

3) solidified support with the party (at least publicly)

4) drummed up interest in the base/his people

5) played Martyr

He was brilliant for doing this and the media fell for it.

Even IF he is indicted.

by Anonymousreply 354March 23, 2023 12:37 PM

Ugh. No good can come of this.

by Anonymousreply 355March 23, 2023 1:03 PM

I don't care if he gets more money or support, I want his criminal ass in court, and if convicted, jailed. His MAGATs have wasted their money on him for years, let them be poorer. And he'll still lose.

by Anonymousreply 356March 23, 2023 1:49 PM

An indictment will come from Manhattan, but not on Trump's imaginary timeline.

The bigger story, though, and the one that's really going to nail his lard ass, is the classified documents case. His attorney is now fucked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357March 23, 2023 1:51 PM

^ agreed.

by Anonymousreply 358March 23, 2023 1:56 PM

Not today

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359March 23, 2023 2:21 PM

NY may be waiting for GA to pull the trigger...

by Anonymousreply 360March 23, 2023 2:22 PM

As much as I want to see the fucker get his due, another part of me is enjoying him stewing in fear and self-pity. The "will it be today or not" scenario plus all his online sycophants making complete fools of himself.

The $2M raised is pointless. Those "cousin-fuckers" (thanks Tucker) will still send him $$$ when he is locked up. A fool and his money....

by Anonymousreply 361March 23, 2023 2:25 PM

[quote]He was brilliant for doing this

What? No he wasn't. A handful of people showed up at the "protest," he didn't get any real support from the usual rightwing television pundits, even the online trolls only managed a weak "Bragg is withholding 600 documents showing Trump is innocent!" without anything to back it up, not even the usual fakery they post. And I don't know what you're talking about with the party solidifying their support of Trump, they've done no such thing.

What this has done is made people used to the idea of Trump getting arrested. They've been expecting it for a while, and it won't be a shock if/when it happens.

by Anonymousreply 362March 23, 2023 2:26 PM

This orange trash bag is like an idiot savant. He does one thing fantastically well, playing the media and getting them to do all his PR work for free. All of his grifting begins with his free press. He has raised 2 mil off of his impending possible indictment, and going strong.

by Anonymousreply 363March 23, 2023 2:28 PM

Thank God for Datalounge. Where else would we see "lifelong Democrats" suck Trump off with post after post raving about how he's "going strong" and a "genius" who grifts "fantastically well"?

by Anonymousreply 364March 23, 2023 2:32 PM

Very often the “lifelong Democrat” is the fat nosed Pittsburgh gay doing what republicans do 24/7 — lying.

by Anonymousreply 365March 23, 2023 2:36 PM

[quote]NY may be waiting for GA to pull the trigger...

That would be a good thing, I think, but I doubt whether it factors into Alvin Bragg's consideration.

by Anonymousreply 366March 23, 2023 3:51 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367March 23, 2023 3:59 PM

My guess is they will meet Monday and if the grand jury votes to indict, then Trump will be told Monday. It’s embarrassing that Trump can still manipulate Republicans to fight for him with his lies.

by Anonymousreply 368March 23, 2023 5:09 PM

Dan Abram’s NewsNation says this is a big nothingburger and politically motivated. The attorneys are all saying this is the weakest case they’ve ever seen and Bragg has a lot of credibility issues. They also want to know why it’s taken so many years for them to bring charges.

by Anonymousreply 369March 23, 2023 5:17 PM

[quote] former federal prosecutor Glen Kerschner

We don’t do Glen Kerechner after Robert Wone.

by Anonymousreply 370March 23, 2023 5:19 PM

[quote] former federal prosecutor Glen Kerschner

We don’t do Glen Kerschner after Robert Wone.

by Anonymousreply 371March 23, 2023 5:19 PM

Not all attorneys are saying it’s a weak case. Michael Cohen already did time for arranging it, so why shouldn’t Trump do time for directing it?

by Anonymousreply 372March 23, 2023 5:28 PM

And if Obama or Hillary did this, a bribe before an election, the Republicans would be calling for their imprisonment.

by Anonymousreply 373March 23, 2023 5:29 PM

Jack Smith isn't one to fuck with.

by Anonymousreply 374March 23, 2023 5:40 PM

R374- Meant to add from what I am reading he isn't .

by Anonymousreply 375March 23, 2023 5:43 PM

r369 r370 r371

by Anonymousreply 376March 23, 2023 5:55 PM

[quote]Jack Smith isn't one to fuck with.

Wasn’t the same said of Robert Mueller?

by Anonymousreply 377March 23, 2023 5:56 PM

You mean this little piggy, R365?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378March 23, 2023 5:59 PM

R374, that's what they said about Mueller. How meticulous, how tough, how determined and focused and Integrity, etc. Right now I am tamping down my expectations. We have been through a lot with the Orange Shitgibbon. A lot. He deserves to be in prison. But he isn't. All the predictions, all the assurances, for years now. Seriously.

He took documents that should have gone to the National archives to Mar-A-Lago. Fine. We have since learned that Biden and Pence also had some documents. They checked,found them, and returned them. Trump deliberately took classified documents and lied. He had his lawyers lie. He hid them from federal agents. He was so non cooperative, finally, they had to get a subpoena and raid his home. (It was a raid, no matter how polite the Federal agents were.)

We have audio tapes of him strong arming election officials including the Secretary of State for Georgia, and the Georgia Legislature's Speaker of the House to fix the votes so he could "win" Georgia in 2020. He plotted to have a false slate of Electors confirm his election in 2021. We have him on live TV inciting an insurrection, the culmination of weeks of plotting and scheming, pressuring his VP,etc.

And he is still out here making speeches, holding News conferences, raising money, ...and inciting violence. It doesn't matter if only 50 people showed up. It only takes one guy with an AR-15 to do some serious damage because of Trump. I hate him. I am over it. I want him gone. Out of politics. And all those fuckers who supported his seditious conspiracy still sitting in Congress need to be gone too. Expelled.

by Anonymousreply 379March 23, 2023 6:00 PM

I wonder how Weisselberg feels about spending even more time behind bars now that he's gotten a taste of it..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380March 23, 2023 6:00 PM

I'm sick of it! Sick of it, you hear? I'm tired of the lies, and the betrayals , and the delays and the cowardice!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 381March 23, 2023 6:02 PM

I spoke to DA Bragg and personally, singlehandedly exonerated trump with one phone call.

The only reason it hasn't been revealed yet is because this whole thing is keeping me off the front pages of the New York papers.

by Anonymousreply 382March 23, 2023 6:13 PM

[quote] And if Obama or Hillary did this, a bribe before an election, the Republicans would be calling for their imprisonment.

They can call all they want to, but fortunately for Hillary, she’s always been able to evade imprisonment for her actions, so she would be okay.

by Anonymousreply 383March 23, 2023 6:26 PM

Please shit in my mouth!

by Anonymousreply 384March 23, 2023 6:30 PM

[QUOTE] We don’t do Glen Kerschner after Robert Wone.

What did Glen do?

I was living right around the corner from the infamous townhouse on Swann Street when that murder happened. I used to see Dylan (who was the “third” in the throuple) out at bars.

by Anonymousreply 385March 23, 2023 6:43 PM

You people afraid of his power and influence haven't learned from the "red wave" that never was. Most people aren't watching the news all day and they don't want Trump's bullshit back in the WH. He is soundly rejected by moderates/independents who refuse to vote for his candidates. I guess what happened in MI, AZ and PA hasn't sunk in.

No one wants MAGA rule in this country. Most of the people look at MTG as the stupid, crazy, dogshit hick she truly is. McCarthy had to give up all of his power because of the crazies. The general election voter is not looking for these lunatic terrorists to rule over the country.

by Anonymousreply 386March 23, 2023 7:18 PM

Even on Twitter among the rabid right wing types, Trump is daily losing his cachet.

His lack of support for the Jan 6 rioters has his base rattled. They see they he could have issued a blanket pardon and didn't and that he has done nothing since.

The anti-vaxxers see him as pro-vax.

The trading cards alienated a lot of people. He hyped up the PR announcement and they were expected a VP pick, not another cash grab.

Lastly his attacks on DeSantis are riling those who think RDS can deliver Trump's policies without being, well, Trump. The general response is "I have loyalty to the country, not to Trump." It doesn't help that Trump's real hard-core supporters are accusing RDS supporters of high treason.

by Anonymousreply 387March 23, 2023 7:29 PM

[quote]Even on Twitter among the rabid right wing types, Trump is daily losing his cachet.

And yet:

The results of a Monmouth University poll released Tuesday showed Trump leading DeSantis by 14 points, 41 percent to 27 percent, when respondents were asked who they want to see win the GOP nomination. That’s a major improvement for Trump from Monmouth’s poll last month that found him and DeSantis tied at 33 percent each.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388March 23, 2023 7:32 PM

What R369 says...

by Anonymousreply 389March 23, 2023 7:33 PM

When I reached out to my MAGA cousin to wish her a merry Xmas, she's downshifted into "well, everybody in DC is corrupt." I think they've already kind of moved on from Trump, but they'll never, ever admit they got snookered by a con man. Just like Republican voters basically pretended like they had nothing to do with George Bush after the debacles of the Iraq War, Hurricane Katrina, and the 2008 crashing of the economy.

by Anonymousreply 390March 23, 2023 7:34 PM

[quote] You people afraid of his power and influence haven't learned from the "red wave" that never was. Most people aren't watching the news all day and they don't want Trump's bullshit back in the WH.

Honey, Americans have very short attention spans and forget and half the country would vote for this guy again in a heartbeat.

by Anonymousreply 391March 23, 2023 7:35 PM

R391, he has yet to get half the country to vote for him.

[quote]Dan Abram’s NewsNation

How did he find the time to comment with every cops cock in his mouth? Anyone who watches his cop show knows that Abrams has lost credibility as an attorney. His commentary shows how low he has sunk. Funny how he speaks of people on that show being guilty before he has seen the actual evidence, yet he has no idea about the evidence Bragg has and already knows it's weak. Did he say it was wrong Cohen went to prison?

by Anonymousreply 392March 23, 2023 7:44 PM

Mark Pomerantz was sworn in as a special assistant DA specifically to look at this case, because he is so highly respected. He ***saw the evidence*** and QUIT because Bragg was not going to prosecute at that time. Who do you think the legal community respects more? Dan Abrams or Mark Pomerantz? And then consider that only the latter has actually seen the evidence.

by Anonymousreply 393March 23, 2023 7:52 PM

[quote] Dan Abram’s NewsNation says this is a big nothingburger and politically motivated. The attorneys are all saying this is the weakest case they’ve ever seen and Bragg has a lot of credibility issues.

Not to mention the Department of Justice had looked at the same charges and found nothing, as did the Federal Election Commission.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394March 23, 2023 7:58 PM

[quote]Not to mention the Department of Justice had looked at the same charges and found nothing, as did the Federal Election Commission.

Thank you for confirming you're a fucking idiot who knows absolutely nothing. Remind us who headed up the DOJ at the time and remind us who Geoff Berman is. Did you pay attention at all to WHY the case was dropped? Are you a troll or really stupid and don't what actually happened?

by Anonymousreply 395March 23, 2023 8:03 PM

know*

by Anonymousreply 396March 23, 2023 8:03 PM

Read Berman's book in regards to what happened at the DOJ, you human speedbump. Trump --through Barr-- weaponized the DOJ, that's why cases involving Trump's buddies were dropped, too.

by Anonymousreply 397March 23, 2023 8:05 PM

[quote]Wasn’t the same said of Robert Mueller?

Do we have to explain that to you again, r377?

by Anonymousreply 398March 23, 2023 8:14 PM

[quote]Not to mention the Department of Justice had looked at the same charges and found nothing,

They didn't "find nothing", shithead, the investigation was stopped by Barr before it could reach any conclusion.

by Anonymousreply 399March 23, 2023 8:18 PM

Barr has been out of office for quite some time

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400March 23, 2023 8:18 PM

[quote] No one wants MAGA rule in this country.

Tell me you live in the bubble without saying you live in the bubble.

Whether we like it or not, there are large swaths of the country that want MAGA rule.

by Anonymousreply 401March 23, 2023 8:38 PM

[quote]you human speedbump.

🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 402March 23, 2023 8:38 PM

This is all so goddamned exhausting...

by Anonymousreply 403March 23, 2023 8:49 PM

Only if your narcissism compels you to insert yourself into the drama.

by Anonymousreply 404March 23, 2023 8:52 PM

(..^..)

by Anonymousreply 405March 23, 2023 8:56 PM

[quote]Tell me you live in the bubble without saying you live in the bubble.

Tell me you don't understand I'm talking about the presidency vs pockets of inbred turds in a GA district...

The only reason the House itself is even (barely) controlled by the GOP is because of badly drawn maps in NY and CA.

by Anonymousreply 406March 23, 2023 9:18 PM

So next week?

by Anonymousreply 407March 24, 2023 12:20 AM

[quote]So next week?

Next week works for me.

by Anonymousreply 408March 24, 2023 12:29 AM

How is Trump’s asking House Republicans to interfere with Bragg’s investigation not, by itself, illegal? He’s just an endless one-man crime wave.

by Anonymousreply 409March 24, 2023 12:30 AM

[quote]So next week?

[quote]Next week works for me.

I'll have to shuffle a couple of things around, but yeah, next week works for me too.

by Anonymousreply 410March 24, 2023 12:34 AM

Tuesday, 7pm SHARP!

by Anonymousreply 411March 24, 2023 12:50 AM

R411

by Anonymousreply 412March 24, 2023 1:53 AM

I have a feeling tomorrow will be a very good day

by Anonymousreply 413March 24, 2023 2:01 AM

You know I don't like these delays. And I don't like Trump talking like he's got some strategy and he's winning. They're up to something. Indict that motherfucker. Do it tomorrow. Period.WTF.

by Anonymousreply 414March 24, 2023 2:18 AM

R414: please keep in mind that courts generally tend to move at a glacial pace.

Or to put it another way: if you're going after the king you'd better not fucking miss.

by Anonymousreply 415March 24, 2023 2:21 AM

Is elon musk paying him for high twitter traffic? Trump is batshit crazy.

by Anonymousreply 416March 24, 2023 2:21 AM

Building this case is like building a ship in a bottle.

by Anonymousreply 417March 24, 2023 2:22 AM

I'm hearing there could be some evidence in the documents case that could be lethal to Trumpito, like violating the Espionage Act lethal.

by Anonymousreply 418March 24, 2023 2:50 AM

Did Trump actually say on which Tuesday he was getting arrested?

by Anonymousreply 419March 24, 2023 4:59 AM

I was in the midtown area today and they have locked up all the mailboxes right by trump tower.

by Anonymousreply 420March 24, 2023 5:04 AM

[quote]Did Trump actually say on which Tuesday he was getting arrested?

The second Tuesday of next week.

by Anonymousreply 421March 24, 2023 5:09 AM

It’s on see you next Tuesday

by Anonymousreply 422March 24, 2023 6:01 AM

[quote]Did Trump actually say on which Tuesday he was getting arrested?

Trump would gladly pay you Tuesday for a McDonald's hamburger today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423March 24, 2023 7:19 AM

r418, the warrant for the search and seizure of Mar-a-Lago documents was issued, with Judicial approval, under THE ESPIONAGE ACT, and two other statutes.

Read the Congressional explanation.

The indictment will include all of these violations AND the obstruction additions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424March 24, 2023 9:27 AM

If the delays result in the likes of Gym Jordan eventually facing obstruction of justice charges in NYC it will all be worth it.

by Anonymousreply 425March 24, 2023 11:25 AM

R406. You clearly don’t know anything about congressional maps of CA and how they are determined.

by Anonymousreply 426March 24, 2023 11:26 AM

Well, I don't like this. Trump did a midnight (or past midnight) post inciting violence towards Bragg and proclaiming his innocence. He is innocent! And the chorus of his Sedition Caucus and others have joined in a full-throated protest all aimed at unjust prosecution and his innocence. And that chorus is building, getting louder every day, more participants, and Trump more deranged than ever inciting violence. These delays are very bad. They need to indict him. It looks as if they are indecisive. Timid. Afraid. If you have the evidence, indict that fucker and stop delaying it. The longer they postpone it the worse it gets.

by Anonymousreply 427March 24, 2023 2:03 PM

R427, no. To say “the delays are very bad” is to accept Trump’s framing of the issue. There’s only a “delay” because Trump says there is. He can’t be allowed to dictate reality.

by Anonymousreply 428March 24, 2023 2:26 PM

The DA should definitely be adding obstruction charges based on these tweets and the actions of the likes of Gym Jordan.

by Anonymousreply 429March 24, 2023 2:35 PM

The Republicans lose everyone when they say he is innocent. The man is being investigated for multiple crimes. No one in the public thinks he is innocent. Most would happily vote to convict him.

by Anonymousreply 430March 24, 2023 2:49 PM

He posted between 1 AM and 2 AM this morning predicting "death and destruction" if he's arrested.

by Anonymousreply 431March 24, 2023 3:12 PM

How is this not incitement to riot?!

DA Bragg...looking at you.

by Anonymousreply 432March 24, 2023 3:16 PM

I wonder if the Grand Jurors are scared and thinking about backing away from an indictment? Is that what's causing the delays? All these threats are having some effect.

by Anonymousreply 433March 24, 2023 3:35 PM

R427, you saw what happened to some Proud Boys when they tried to fuck with NYC Drag Queens, right? What do you think will happen if anything should happen to the NYC black prosecutor, if some white trash bags of shit --on orders from his orange dogshit racist leader-- tries to fuck with NYC under even more serious circumstances?

Does Trump honestly think violent death threats will get him more support? People outside of his cockroaches are fucking tired of his shit. Tired of it.

by Anonymousreply 434March 24, 2023 3:39 PM

R433 No. They're anonymous and they're protected. The Manhattan DA knows how to safeguard grand juries.

All this bloviating is coming from Trump, not the DA, not the grand jury.

He's trying to stir doubt and unrest. Best to simply ignore him.

by Anonymousreply 435March 24, 2023 3:54 PM

R425 I haven't heard anything about Jordan's interference with the NY case (or maybe I have and I'm not connecting the dots since there's so much Trump legal news flushing out at the moment).

Can you give a quick explanation as to what he did and what he can be charged with ? Thanks ! Not a Gym Jordan fan AT ALL - so this would be rather interesting.

by Anonymousreply 436March 24, 2023 3:55 PM

R436 Here ya go. And Bragg told him to fuck the hell off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437March 24, 2023 4:00 PM

[QUOTE] I wonder if the Grand Jurors are scared and thinking about backing away from an indictment? Is that what's causing the delays? All these threats are having some effect.

Why would they be? Have you ever served on a Grand Jury? They’re completely anonymous. No one knows you’re doing it and you are not supposed to discuss the cases you’ve seen with anyone ever, even after you’ve been released at the end of the GJ.

by Anonymousreply 438March 24, 2023 4:03 PM

I was on a Grand Jury and we didn't discuss any of the cases among ourselves during breaks or lunch. Everything stayed in the room.

by Anonymousreply 439March 24, 2023 4:07 PM

Meadows, other top Trump aides ordered to testify in Jan. 6 probe as judge rejects claims of executive privilege.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440March 24, 2023 4:19 PM

Mark Meadows is a piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 441March 24, 2023 4:20 PM

Trump is now the little boy who cried wolf. There has been no indication that anyone is going to cause death and destruction over his fat ass. The J6 crowd is over him because he hung them out to dry and didn’t help them.

by Anonymousreply 442March 24, 2023 4:37 PM

R441, ITA !!! In fact, as I consider things, I feel like long after Trump has ceased to be any kind of threat, Meadows and Flynn are the two most evil dangerous men in his cabal. I'd also name Roger Stone but he is older than Trump. Meadows has been a Neo Fascist POS scumbucket since the 90's when he was one of the founders of the Tea Party movement. He is vile and he makes my skin crawl. I bet if they look for it they will find out he is a sexual deviate.

by Anonymousreply 443March 24, 2023 5:06 PM

Fīat jūstitia ruat cælum!!!

by Anonymousreply 444March 24, 2023 5:18 PM

Roger Stone is 9 years younger than Trump.

by Anonymousreply 445March 24, 2023 6:58 PM

Excuse me but Roger Stone is 6 years younger than Klangerine Tampon!

by Anonymousreply 446March 24, 2023 7:01 PM

Suspicious white powder sent to DA

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447March 24, 2023 7:02 PM

[quote]Why would they be? Have you ever served on a Grand Jury? They’re completely anonymous. No one knows you’re doing it and you are not supposed to discuss the cases you’ve seen with anyone ever, even after you’ve been released at the end of the GJ.

There are a lot of things that are supposed to be kept completely secret and protected, like tax forms, passwords, medical history, etc., and yet we've seen many cases of these things being leaked and exposed online. It's ridiculous to say that no one will ever know who sat on this grand jury. They are smart if they consider that they could be exposed.

by Anonymousreply 448March 24, 2023 7:08 PM

[quote]He posted between 1 AM and 2 AM this morning predicting "death and destruction" if he's arrested.

I think he's wildly exaggerating and there won't be death and destruction, but I am concerned about this watershed moment if Democrats go ahead with this.

by Anonymousreply 449March 24, 2023 7:11 PM

R449 This isn't a "Democrat" thing. It's a thing about adhering to the rule of law, and that's precisely why it must go ahead, regardless of any threats incited by that stinking orange pustule.

by Anonymousreply 450March 24, 2023 7:15 PM

Death threat to Alvin Bragg.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451March 24, 2023 7:42 PM

Suspicious package with white powder sent to Sen. Rand Paul's Kentucky home The envelope was being investigated by the FBI and Capitol Police. Officials said Initial tests determined the powder was not hazardous.

Kari Lake’s campaign headquarters receives ‘suspicious’ mail containing white powder By Michelle Watson, Kyung Lah and Anna-Maja Rappard, CNN Updated 11:32 PM EST, Sun November 6, 2022

CARTHAGE, N.C. (WTVD) -- A HAZMAT team from Fayetteville responded after a man walked into the Carthage Police and Fire Department complex with white powder in a resealable bag.

A resident received the package containing the powder and took it to police headquarters.

The package was taken outside the building, put on the ground, and the area was sealed off.

“DROP DEAD”: White Powder Package Sent to Rep. Weiner's Office Preliminary field tests show white powder is harmless

And still no casualties.

by Anonymousreply 452March 24, 2023 7:52 PM

[quote]but I am concerned about this watershed moment if Democrats go ahead with this.

Come again.

by Anonymousreply 453March 24, 2023 8:01 PM

[quote] This isn't a "Democrat" thing. It's a thing about adhering to the rule of law

You can repeat that line until the cows come home and it won't change one bit that it's a Democratic prosecutor in a deep blue city (with a grand jury that no doubt matches that) indicting and taking out the leading candidate for the nomination of the other party in the next presidential election. That's a watershed moment.

by Anonymousreply 454March 24, 2023 8:33 PM

R449, yes, this is all about the Democrats going after Trump, right? So it's ok if he steals $130,000 (that we know of) from his supporters who thought they were donating to his Presidential Campaign, and instead gives it to a prostitute so she will remain silent about him fucking around with her And those nasty old Democrats have a lot of damned nerve going after him for calling the Secretary of State in Georgia, and other s in Georgia and pressuring them to find him extra votes so he could "win" the election. And how dare the Democrats go after him for stealing (yes) classified documents, then lying about it, and forcing his lawyers to lie, and requiring a subpoena and an FBI raid to get them back. And planning an insurrection, pressuring his VP to break the law, and inciting violence on January 6th 2021, to stop the proper function of government and attempting to block the certification of votes in a Presidential election.

by Anonymousreply 455March 24, 2023 8:38 PM

r455, you're doing a straw man argument. I never said anything he did was "ok".

by Anonymousreply 456March 24, 2023 8:43 PM

We can see from your posting history exactly where you stand, R456.

by Anonymousreply 457March 24, 2023 8:46 PM

It happens in our legal system that people commit crimes and the prosecutor declines to prosecute. That's the concept of "prosecutorial discretion". Not prosecuting doesn't mean the perpetrator is not guilty.

by Anonymousreply 458March 24, 2023 8:49 PM

[quote]I think he's wildly exaggerating and there won't be death and destruction, but I am concerned about this watershed moment if Democrats go ahead with this.

R449 = Susan Collins

by Anonymousreply 459March 24, 2023 9:00 PM

Even if his deplorable shithead cult members don't lash out and commit violence, Trump's inciting of them probably has triggered many people who were working in the Capitol on 1/6, including the police. No doubt some of them still have PTSD.

Trump is such a vile, evil POS. It'll be a great day when he dies.

by Anonymousreply 460March 24, 2023 9:22 PM

We all remember when Trump's thugs called in a bomb threat to Lisa Bloom when she was representing the woman who was underaged when Trump raped her (she said).

Very effective, in that case. Of course, he'll try it again.

by Anonymousreply 461March 24, 2023 9:23 PM

Waiting for the inevitable NYT editorial about why indicting Dump is a bad idea.

by Anonymousreply 462March 24, 2023 9:28 PM

More absolute insanity:

"Dear Mr. Bragg, how would you like to be in Donald Trump's shoes? His torture brings to mind what Jesus Christ went through to save us."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463March 24, 2023 9:29 PM

^ Why didn't more of those fools die from Covid?

by Anonymousreply 464March 24, 2023 9:31 PM

R463- That is what his murderous cult said about Manson .

If he wants to cosplay Jesus, does that mean we nail the fat fuck to a cross?

by Anonymousreply 465March 24, 2023 9:33 PM

Bragg received an envelope with "Alvin" on it. It contained a note that said..."Alvin -- I'm gonna kill you!"....containing white powder.

by Anonymousreply 466March 24, 2023 9:34 PM

I shudder to think about his rally in Waco tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 467March 24, 2023 9:36 PM

Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Brag received a death threat letter with white powder.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468March 24, 2023 9:44 PM

It’s the prosecutor in the City the creep committed the crime R456. It jurisdictional not partisan.

by Anonymousreply 469March 24, 2023 9:54 PM

Whatever will we do if this sets a precedent that politicians can't get away with illegally paying hush money to porn stars?

by Anonymousreply 470March 24, 2023 9:59 PM

Trump hates America. His secret service detail must hate him and other than quitting, they're stuck.

by Anonymousreply 471March 24, 2023 10:01 PM

R461, for three days running Russian e-mail accounts have sent bomb threats to the Manhattan D.A.’s office.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472March 24, 2023 10:20 PM

Bomb threats to schools.

by Anonymousreply 473March 24, 2023 10:26 PM

If he is indicted I guarantee his supporters won’t do Jack shit, except for a lone wolf perhaps. That’s the upshot of having prosecuted all those J6 traitors.

by Anonymousreply 474March 24, 2023 10:30 PM

R454 doubles down on the "it's a Democrat prosecution," then uses the term "strawman," a favorite of the MAGA cult.

Yeah, go fuck yourself, MAGA fuckhead. Take it to "Truth" Social where they'll think you're a genius.

by Anonymousreply 475March 24, 2023 10:39 PM

They're not taking this well in The Villages.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476March 24, 2023 11:12 PM

[quote] They're not taking this well in The Villages.

Likely because they are fucking insane.

by Anonymousreply 477March 24, 2023 11:44 PM

Why are these “family value” Republicans in such a panic over prosecution for him paying off a porn star to keep quiet? Do they not give a shit about Melania? Are they now embracing affairs? It’s mind—boggling that they still support Trump, who is a piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 478March 24, 2023 11:57 PM

Queen of the Cunts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479March 25, 2023 12:11 AM

Elise looks like the unpopular girl who thinks she’s the queen of the prom now.

by Anonymousreply 480March 25, 2023 12:17 AM

It’s pathetic that they are so easily manipulated by Trump and his blatant racism.

by Anonymousreply 481March 25, 2023 12:19 AM

Marjorie Taylor Greene tried to speak to the media outside the DC jail where the Jan 6th rioters are being held and someone blew a whistle the entire time. Love that person.

by Anonymousreply 482March 25, 2023 12:32 AM

President of Iraq is just a couple of blocks away in midtown, he's here for 2 days. the whole block is blocked off, lots of security

by Anonymousreply 483March 25, 2023 12:37 AM

r482, do you have video of that? I would LOVE to see that.

by Anonymousreply 484March 25, 2023 1:20 AM

Hey guess where the bomb threats came from.

No really, take a wild fucking guess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485March 25, 2023 1:44 AM

[quote]do you have video of that? I would LOVE to see that.

Ask, and it shall be given you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486March 25, 2023 2:24 AM

To the complete shit-for-brains who thinks it's "Democrats" doing this to Trump, let me just tell you on behalf of every NYer who has observed the despicable, criminal Trump brood for decades, to unkindly fuck yourself with a rusty, heated spike.

There are poor people selling churros in the subways without a license who get arrested, so WTF do you think that criminal Nazi filth should keep getting away with every fucking thing he has ever done in his life?

I pray that a fucking meteor lands on Waco when that fucking asshole has his klan feedlot rally and takes out every low IQ, criminal flying monkeys who shows up to pray to their orange dogshit.

by Anonymousreply 487March 25, 2023 4:18 AM

MTG -being typical of her garbage ilk- thinks someone blowing a whistle should be arrested, but going to kill MoC and that coward VP, should be treated as some harmless rapscallions being persecuted. Fucking ugly neanderthal bitch.

by Anonymousreply 488March 25, 2023 4:21 AM

The letter with the powder/death threat is postmarked "Orlando, FL"

by Anonymousreply 489March 25, 2023 4:26 AM

Did Large Marge provide conjugal favors to the 1/6 insurrectionists?

by Anonymousreply 490March 25, 2023 4:39 AM

R490, just check to see if she had her knee pads with her.

by Anonymousreply 491March 25, 2023 4:46 AM

R487, marry me!

by Anonymousreply 492March 25, 2023 4:46 AM

R486 Paid protesters? Haven’t heard that one in a while!

by Anonymousreply 493March 25, 2023 4:50 AM

So today, the Seditionists visited the Insurrectionists in prison.

Waiting for them to switch places.

by Anonymousreply 494March 25, 2023 6:22 AM

Google it. It's there...

by Anonymousreply 495March 25, 2023 12:15 PM

Oops...in response for the link of MTG up thread. Not all comments loaded.^

by Anonymousreply 496March 25, 2023 12:19 PM

I wonder what fresh new hell today will bring. Where is a Texas tornado when you need it?

by Anonymousreply 497March 25, 2023 12:27 PM

This seems like deja vu. It seems like it happened with him before. I'm not sure if it was during the impeachment process or some other criminal behavior, but I seem to recall him staging a rally at a very inappropriate time and feeling angry and frustrated because he should have been facing consequences for his behavior not having a rally. Trump has a definite pattern of attack when he is under fire. I am really pissed off that he hasn't been indicted yet. Really pissed. The damned evidence is pretty clear. Garland is dithering, Bragg and the Grand Jury are MIA, and Smith is "investigating." It's like investigating is the new term for stalling.

by Anonymousreply 498March 25, 2023 1:51 PM

I totally get that the wheels of justice move slowly, and I absolutely think the Georgia and Jan. 6 charges need to be done very carefully and thoroughly, since they are incredibly serious allegations. But the NY one is aggravating. They had four years of Dump’s administration plus two years while he’s been out of office. It seems like a simple case, and I just feel six years is plenty of time.

by Anonymousreply 499March 25, 2023 2:02 PM

[quote]The letter with the powder/death threat is postmarked "Orlando, FL"

Somebody better check Goofy's whereabouts the day it was mailed.

by Anonymousreply 500March 25, 2023 2:50 PM

[quote] The letter with the powder/death threat is postmarked "Orlando, FL"

Probably history repeating itself. Check the flying schools for middle eastern students who don't ask how to land.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501March 25, 2023 3:07 PM

R501, WTF are you even talking about?

by Anonymousreply 502March 25, 2023 4:10 PM

Oh, nevermind. I checked your posting history. You're the MAGAT. I know it's difficult for you to accept the terrorist threat these days is from white Christians who worship orange, criminal, scumbag, terrorist trash

by Anonymousreply 503March 25, 2023 4:13 PM

Seems like Trump will be screaming and ranting until the day they put him in jail or a looney bin. Republicans must relate to his obnoxious personality because he will lose again in 2024. They can’t get enough of their fat mascot.

by Anonymousreply 504March 25, 2023 4:19 PM

[quote]Did Large Marge provide conjugal favors to the 1/6 insurrectionists?

No, but that would make a fucking awesome AI-generated graphic.

by Anonymousreply 505March 25, 2023 10:32 PM

I’m still waiting.

by Anonymousreply 506March 25, 2023 10:39 PM

They should wait until Trump has eliminated his rivals in the Primaries. The boom! One indictment after another. Hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 507March 25, 2023 10:54 PM

No, R507, they should indict him now .

by Anonymousreply 508March 26, 2023 2:40 AM

They should indict him like...many yesterdays ago.

by Anonymousreply 509March 26, 2023 3:13 AM

His indictments should fall on him like a boulder. The only problem with prosecutors in multiple jurisdictions is arranging his physical presence in so many concurrent courts.

They can deal with it.

I wonder who is going to arrest him first?

by Anonymousreply 510March 26, 2023 6:06 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 511March 26, 2023 6:09 AM

Cuomo coming to the rescue at R511:

Now top Dem comes out against NYC DA's Trump probe: Former Empire State Governor Andrew Cuomo says rumored indictment is 'all politics' and that Bragg 'could indict a ham sandwich' if he wanted to

by Anonymousreply 512March 26, 2023 6:10 AM

Too late Cuomo. This is not like a wedding.

by Anonymousreply 513March 26, 2023 6:12 AM

Trump posted this on his shitty social media platform:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514March 26, 2023 8:11 AM

In addition to Cuomo:

Maher -- "I just would like to go on record in saying I think this is a colossal mistake if they bring these charges. Not this one, you know. I mean, yes, he's done a lot of bad things, and I'm sure he did this — everything they accused him of [doing], he did. But first of all, it's not gonna work. It's gonna be rocket fuel for his 2024 campaign. And it's just gonna look to MAGA nation like, 'Oh, you know, you tried with Mueller, you tried with Ukraine, you tried with January 6. Now we go to the porn star? Really? You're down to that?!"

The Atlantic staff writer Annie Lowrey agreed, saying Trump's popularity has only gone up in recent weeks, particularly in GOP primary polls where he has had a substantial gain over his likely rival Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis.

"I think that we've seen in, you know, the past however many years at this point that the more attention is on heavy regardless of what that attention is about, the more the circus has him in the center of its rings, the better he tends to do," Lowrey said.

NYU professor Scott Galloway said if an indictment comes, "𝑖𝑡'𝑠 𝑔𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑒 𝑎 𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑝 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑎𝑑𝑒, 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑎 𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑝 𝑤𝑎𝑙𝑘."

by Anonymousreply 515March 26, 2023 8:22 AM

Eh Cuomo is just worried about what he might be tried for if politicians are held accountable for their actions in New York. There were criminal charges in the Flynt case.

by Anonymousreply 516March 26, 2023 10:31 AM

R515, those people are fools. There needs to be equal justice in this country; it can't depend on how well someone is doing in GOP primary polls in Florida. Besides, one of the reasons Trump's performance is improving is that DeSantis is demonstrating that he's not ready for prime time. That's not Bragg's fault.

by Anonymousreply 517March 26, 2023 1:36 PM

The “We shouldn’t prosecute him because it will just make him more popular” is a preposterous argument.

by Anonymousreply 518March 26, 2023 1:47 PM

They said that for the J6 Committee and Trump definitely dropped.

by Anonymousreply 519March 26, 2023 1:51 PM

An indictment may make make Trump temporarily more popular but then he will have the stank of a criminal defendant. Add in indictments from Georgia and Jack Smith, and then his whole campaign will fall apart.

by Anonymousreply 520March 26, 2023 2:52 PM

What will be the reaction of the public if they fail to indicate him? People like us who have waited for six years to see this bastard answer for his crimes?

by Anonymousreply 521March 26, 2023 2:58 PM

Look. Everyone knows how Trump acts. They know his strategy under fire. He is transparent. Anyone can script it. So why the fuck are they doing this? All these delays allow him to go out here playing victim which he loves and rallying his base, and allowing assholes like Cuomo and Maher and the pundits to bloviate on the merits of prosecuting criminal behavior. Trump should have been indicted and his lawyers notified maybe two hours before, for the heads up.

Fuck Trump, but also fuck all these so called lawyers and officials who are not enforcing the law. Merrick Garland is #1. I can't even describe how much I hate Trump, but my anger is fueled by the timidity and the weakness of our law enforcement/criminal "justice" community. This country is witnessing incredible corruption not just by people like Trump and his gang, but from the people who can do something about it and they do nothing. Oh, wait. They "investigate."

by Anonymousreply 522March 26, 2023 3:18 PM

Totally agree, R522.

Bill Barr alone having not been (at the very least) disbarred, shows you how corrupt the justice system is. When SDNY wanted to look into the case, he obstructed the investigation. One of many, many, many examples of him having *weaponized* the DOJ and yet? He gets interviewed by the media like anyone should give a shit what he thinks/says when he should be charged for corruption. He had US Attorneys willing to play along and he had others who wouldn't and they were fired.

And I agree about Garland. Explain to me why it took over a year for him to even get a special counsel for Trump who knowingly took files, but it took him five minutes to do the same for Biden when we all know Biden's case (and even Pence's case) were accidental and not nefarious, because any normal humanbeing knows Trump is just absolute filth. Why didn't it take Garland a year to decide on Biden? Why does Trump get that privilege, but Biden didn't and give the impression that these two situations are the same?

And then to further coddle the flying monkeys, he chooses a Trump-appointed, Fed. Society-associated special prosecutor, because Garland will bend over backwards for the right-wing and still, the flying monkeys call this Rob Hur person a"RINO." Garland is a coward and that's what it comes down to. Stop trying to tell us that the legal system moves slowly when we all know that there are citizens who treated as though they are above the law. I don't want to hear it anymore about him waiting, because the appointment of special counsel for Biden rather than wait a year to "investigate," showed it isn't about being "measured."

by Anonymousreply 523March 26, 2023 5:45 PM

Look. I was over Garland because of the way he approached the entire aftermath of January 6th. I'm talking about the planners and financing. I am not in government. I'm no insider. But it was obvious to me when they started arresting people from different states, some as far away as Hawaii, that this was organized. And the way they organized it was through every states Republican Party organizations. They had financing, they had housing and transportation groups they had lawyers for Trump, etc. This was no spontaneous demonstration that got out of hand. And the people who financed it and organized it didn't do it independently it was coordinated with a central group. Yet FLynn, Stone, Bannon, Meadows, Giuliani are out here ding interviews, broadcasting podcasts , making speeches, fundraising, holding rallies, etc. Even endorsing political candidates. Now the Sedition Caucus is running the House. This is unacceptable. More people ought to be angry and outraged and be at a zero tolerance point.

by Anonymousreply 524March 26, 2023 6:43 PM

You want to be outraged? Mike Flynn still collects a military pension from the taxpayers and his fucking brother is still a high-ranking member of the military when we all know that fucker knew what was going on and didn't want to send help.

by Anonymousreply 525March 26, 2023 6:48 PM

Russia and China are responsible for much of this. They have corrupted every branch of government. They have used troll farms and SM to divide us and cause chaos. The republican party sold American democracy to them.

by Anonymousreply 526March 26, 2023 6:50 PM

Also, r524, I don't think there are any active investigations of anyone in Congress, or any of the other scumbags you mentioned.

That's a fucking disgrace.

by Anonymousreply 527March 26, 2023 8:46 PM

I suspect that Rudy and Meadows are both under investigation by Jack Smith and Fulton County DA Fani Willis. There is simply no way that Rudy comes out of this unscathed. He was the instigator for many of these idiotic schemes — which tRump went along with willingly.

by Anonymousreply 528March 27, 2023 2:33 AM

Why do you guys even care anymore?

Obviously Biden doesn't. He could remove Garland at any time and appoint someone who will actually follow the law but he chooses not to.

by Anonymousreply 529March 27, 2023 2:55 AM

Biden's between a rock and a hard place with Garland. He absolutely does not want to be seen to be interfering with the Department of Justice. Period. That is iron clad. Now he might be extremely "concerned" about Garland's slow pace, etc. but if he fires Garland it's bad for him and leaving him in place is the least of two evils for now. I am hoping the two have their private talks, the ones we don't hear about, and Garland announces his retirement for health reasons. I'd love for Justice Roberts to do likewise.

by Anonymousreply 530March 27, 2023 3:06 AM

R529, you obviously do not know how government works. Trump shit all over everything and people believe that THAT is the way government works. Biden is expected, as all Presidents not named Trump, to keep his hands off of the DoJ.

by Anonymousreply 531March 27, 2023 4:22 AM

[quote] Biden is expected, as all Presidents not named Trump, to keep his hands off of the DoJ.

I hope the next president gives the country a civics lesson by teaching everyone that the Justice department is not an independent fourth branch of government. The president is the ultimate head of the DoJ, as he is of all the departments. The Attorney General must faithfully execute the laws of the U.S. and implement the policies of the president, the same as every other cabinet secretary. It’s crazy to think that the AG should do whatever he wants. We wouldn’t let the unelected secretaries of Defense, State, Treasury do whatever they want, and our system isn’t supposed to let the AG do so either.

by Anonymousreply 532March 27, 2023 7:00 AM

R532, tell that to Bobby Kennedy.

by Anonymousreply 533March 27, 2023 7:55 AM

Editorial from the NYTimes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 534March 27, 2023 8:52 AM

Ah, yes—y’all know the legal system better than the best government lawyers, the ones actually working on these cases.

You aren’t lawyers, so stop mouthing off about things you don’t know to be true. I am a lawyer, but not with any white collar or other relevant Crim experience—so I don’t mouth off…I do spend time actually reading and learning about what might actually be happening rather than what my fervent wet dreams tell me.

by Anonymousreply 535March 27, 2023 9:47 AM

[quote] the best government lawyers, the ones actually working on these cases.

Or if not the best, at least those who hope someday to get the democratic nomination for governor

by Anonymousreply 536March 27, 2023 11:45 AM

Here's the thing. The DoD, the State Department, and the DoJ etc. all Cabinet secretaries are nominated by the President and approved by the Senate, but they swear an oath to the Constitution. The President usually chooses someone who shares his views, in a broad sense, but they also bring a particular expertise and a point of view separate from him. All cabinet members meet regularly with the PResident to discuss what's going on etc. It's a give and take and they won't always agree.Some cabinets are "rubber stamps" but a good cabinet is not. Joe may ask the Homeland Security Department for recommendations, the DHS will come up with a suggested plan, then they'll hash it out.

IMO, if Biden told Garland he wanted the January 6th Insurrection vigorously prosecuted and dealt with harshly, then Garland would do it. If Joe said, "We're not going to do to them what they'd do to us. We're going to take the high road and show America how it's supposed to be. Set an example. Not revenge, but justice. etc." Garland would interpret that and do exactly what he is doing. If Garland went to Joe and said, "It looks like this was bigger than we first thought and that it was planned and Trump was implicated." And Joe said, "Look, do what you have to do, but we want everything done according to the LAw, not vengeance. "

by Anonymousreply 537March 27, 2023 1:03 PM

R537- So what be his reasoning for not going after Trump? Flynn? Bannon? Stone?

by Anonymousreply 538March 27, 2023 1:29 PM

Didn't feel like it?

by Anonymousreply 539March 27, 2023 1:31 PM

R538, while I think Garland is a punk, and his conservative leanings and timidity, his own personal political perspective, IMO prevented him from seeing the Insurrection for what it was, etc. I also think he interpreted Joe Biden's wishes wrongly. If Joe said "take the high road, follow the Law" it wouldn't surprise me to discover Garland took that to mean he could do exactly what he is doing. I would also safely bet Biden would ask him what was going on. Put it another way: Picture Eric Holder as Attorney General dealing with the Insurrection's aftermath, Bannon, Trump, Flynn, Meadows, Stone, etc.I think things would have been vastly different. I'd much rather have Holder in charge right now than Garland. Garland himself is not suited for his job. He can take all his so called rectitude and shove it up his ass.

by Anonymousreply 540March 27, 2023 1:38 PM

R534. That was not a NYT editorial. That was an opinion piece. It is a distinction WITH a difference. Try to read and write more precisely, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 541March 27, 2023 1:42 PM

R537. You are full of shit, to be blunt. You have no understanding of the unique role of the AG and the DOJ. The president would never attempt to insert himself in an ongoing investigation—and the AG would never accept it.

It is NOT like other cabinet depts…and your comment betrays your lack of understanding in this area.

by Anonymousreply 542March 27, 2023 1:46 PM

R542- What is supposed to happen when the AG fails to do his job?

by Anonymousreply 543March 27, 2023 1:48 PM

Prosecutorial discretion is NOT a failure to do the job? Do you understand the way things work? No, you don’t. Besides, he doesn’t make the decision here, the special counsel does. That’s why we have the alternative of making such an appointment in the first place—duh.

by Anonymousreply 544March 27, 2023 1:51 PM

R544- You can take your contemptuous attitude and fuck yourself to death with it.

by Anonymousreply 545March 27, 2023 1:53 PM

Girls, girls, you're both cunts.

by Anonymousreply 546March 27, 2023 2:13 PM

No, R542 I am not "full of shit" and I'd appreciate it if we can have a discussion without attacks.I worked in Government for 30 years. I worked for a member of Congress for three years. (He's dead.) I am very familiar with government and with politics. I do understand the way it is "supposed to be" and the reality of how it is. Day to day circumstances and events can alter what is "supposed to be". Ideally, you are correct in describing how it is "supposed to be" but that is not how it works in day to day operation. Yes, DoJ has to be "above" politics, and function separately, because they have to mete out Justice without fear or favor, but that notion, is the ideal. The reality is slightly different. Barr showed us an extreme version of how political the DoJ can be, and maybe Garland is bending over backwards in showing us how clean and above board it should be. But even as he does that, he is being political. It is unavoidable. Every choice he makes is political. (small "P" ) . The Law is always subject to interpretation. A persons personal perspective, his biases, and his habits ingrained over decades will all affect how he interprets the Law. And that is political.

by Anonymousreply 547March 27, 2023 2:21 PM

[quote]I worked for a member of Congress for three years. (He's dead.)

WHAT DID YOU DO THIS TIME?

by Anonymousreply 548March 27, 2023 2:23 PM

I really do believe that the hesitation is due to the enormous implications of indicting a former president—at least, that’s what’s weighing on Garland and the DOJ. Now, my opinion? Dump’s crimes are on a par with Nixon’s, and Nixon would have certainly been indicted if he hadn’t been pardoned.

R542, while I understand where you’re coming from, presidents DID insert themselves before—that being Dump of course, and good ol’ Nixon. That said, Biden is not from their ilk, and I believe he would never do anything unethical like that.

by Anonymousreply 549March 27, 2023 2:27 PM

But not holding trump accountable send a very dangerous message, imo.

by Anonymousreply 550March 27, 2023 2:30 PM

R550, you're exactly right. All this bullshit about him being "a former President" should have absolutely no bearing on whether or not he is charged with crimes. Our leaders and oliticians love to proclaim, "No man is above the Law..." and yet we get this counter argument about Presidents.

by Anonymousreply 551March 27, 2023 2:39 PM

I, too, think the delay is due to it being a former president. But also, there's Trump's rabid base and they, plus all the dishonest republicans in congress, will do their damndest to make this look political and totally unjust. This, plus the upcoming election, requires perfect timing. The indictments will probably be most effective if they come right when Trump is elbowing his way to the nomination. Right when the republican primaries are happening, so when he uses his scorched earth debate tactics against other republicans, they'll have a weapon to use to take him down.

by Anonymousreply 552March 27, 2023 2:41 PM

I'm sorry but I just don't understand. What does this dangerous pos have to do to be arrested? He has spit on everything this country is suppose to stand for. It is unfathomable to me that hasn't been held accountable, and not only that is allowed to run for office again. Because of a small group of violent backwoods redneck racists? Rule of law? What rule of law? This makes our country look weak and corrupt. Because it is.

by Anonymousreply 553March 27, 2023 3:00 PM

Yes, I agree, not holding Dump accountable is not an option. We did that with Nixon, which was a huge blunder.

by Anonymousreply 554March 27, 2023 3:00 PM

He has been allowed to make a mockery of democracy.

by Anonymousreply 555March 27, 2023 3:06 PM

R554 I agree. Pardoning Nixon and allowing him to elude any kind of justice was very wrong. I remember in 2001 when the Kennedy Profile in Courage Award was given to Gerald Ford for pardoning Nixon, under the excuse of it helped to heal the nation, I wanted to vomit. It demeaned the award itself.

by Anonymousreply 556March 27, 2023 3:15 PM

[quote]dishonest republicans in congress, will do their damndest to make this look political and totally unjust. This, plus the upcoming election, requires perfect timing. The indictments will probably be most effective if they come right when Trump is elbowing his way to the nomination. Right when the republican primaries are happening, so when he uses his scorched earth debate tactics against other republicans, they'll have a weapon to use to take him down

Yeah, because that wouldn't make it look politically motivated. At all.

by Anonymousreply 557March 27, 2023 3:33 PM

They'll make it look politically motivated no matter what. So might as well make it effective.

by Anonymousreply 558March 27, 2023 3:37 PM

Get rid of Garland. This shit has gone on for too long. No matter what, everything will be screamed as politically motivated...whatever is done. So....at this point, after 3+ years after January 6, find someone who will do their job and be competent. Why is this "thing" still able to walk free, play golf and run as a candidate for POTUS '24, while still inflicting destruction on this country? I can't think of anyone, in US history who was/in power, that is this bad and treasonous. Even Nixon looks tame in comparison. Why doesn't Joe do the right thing? This is so beyond absurd.

by Anonymousreply 559March 27, 2023 3:54 PM

Jesús H Christ. Garland is not driving this bus! The special counsel is the one in charge…

by Anonymousreply 560March 27, 2023 4:04 PM

[quote]Barr showed us an extreme version of how political the DoJ can be

That's an understatement. The DOJ was treated as Trump's personal firm. Cases against his buddies were dropped. Barr corrupted the DOJ, it wasn't merely politicized to an extreme. He and Durham went to Italy to find something and ended up finding that it was Trump who had broken the law. Did they investigate that? No, they dropped it. That you've been in government for that long means you've rationalized glaring corruption because you were in a world where so much of it went on, so it's normal to you to be around so many people without a shred of decency.

by Anonymousreply 561March 27, 2023 4:06 PM

Well...this bus is a clown bus now. The special counsel...whatever. Something should have been done long ago. They're just pushing this off to "special (fill in the titles), because they DON'T want to deal with this.

by Anonymousreply 562March 27, 2023 4:08 PM

[quote]Jesús H Christ.

Get back to mowing the lawn.

by Anonymousreply 563March 27, 2023 4:08 PM

The GJ reconvenes today.

by Anonymousreply 564March 27, 2023 4:10 PM

He may or may not be indicted, but he is certainly burned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 565March 27, 2023 4:25 PM

^ Stormy is awesome.

by Anonymousreply 566March 27, 2023 4:34 PM

Garland appointed this "Special Prosecutor" and took his damned time to do it. It also a dds an unnecessary layer and further delays while they keep "Investigating." We have Congress investigating too. A lot of fucking investigating. It's a damned cottage industry. Constant activity makes up f or a lack of progress? Fuck investigating. They have MORE than enough evidence to charge him and all his fucking cronies. All of them. TIming is important. THe fact that this is now bumping up to the 2024 PResidential election is unconscionable. Embarrassing? No shit. There is no reason in hell why Garland and the DoJ moved with glacial slowness to go after Trump and company. The son of a bitch should have been in the crosshairs with investigations on January 21st 2021. Fuck Garland. There is no reason for these delays. None. No excuse justifies this.

by Anonymousreply 567March 27, 2023 5:03 PM

You know what? I have no respect for anyone who places so much confidence or whatever you want to call it, so much trust in institutions that have demonstrably failed us. We need to be much more agressive in demanding our government do what it ought to do!

by Anonymousreply 568March 27, 2023 5:10 PM

Have any of the people subpoenaed by the Special Counsel showed up? I can't find any info on that.

by Anonymousreply 569March 27, 2023 5:13 PM

R569, in the federal stolen/mishandled documents case, of course witnesses have testified. In the past week, Trump’s attorneys were ordered to testify.

by Anonymousreply 570March 27, 2023 5:29 PM

Welp, we can’t do anything so close to an election! *shoulder shrugs*

by Anonymousreply 571March 27, 2023 6:53 PM

It's simply cruel to keep letting us down after the emotional trauma we have and still endure from this psychopath.

by Anonymousreply 572March 27, 2023 6:58 PM

r537, But you forget, unlike the failed businessman, Biden remains an attorney. He knows the law.

His hands-off approach to the DoJ is both traditional and brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 573March 27, 2023 8:00 PM

R573 not saying Joe is wrong to have a "hands off policy." I am saying I think Garland is the wrong AG for the times.

by Anonymousreply 574March 27, 2023 10:05 PM

R574, I still hold out hope for Sally Yates in the second term. Trump would already be in jail.

by Anonymousreply 575March 27, 2023 10:22 PM

Mark Meadows

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576March 27, 2023 10:22 PM

Leaked grand jury testimony....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577March 27, 2023 11:29 PM

I said before Garland won’t do anything, and got called Boris. Or Svetlana. I can’t remember.

by Anonymousreply 578March 27, 2023 11:39 PM

[quote]I said before Garland won’t do anything, and got called Boris. Or Svetlana. I can’t remember.

Same thing happened to me when I used to post that Republican Mueller was not going to do anything to endanger the presidency of a Republican.

And I was correct.

by Anonymousreply 579March 27, 2023 11:41 PM

r579...thats because Barr and Rosenstein obstructed his investigation and confined the rest

by Anonymousreply 580March 27, 2023 11:44 PM

Mueller was free to speak to the press....yet....silence.

by Anonymousreply 581March 27, 2023 11:45 PM

R581, no one disagrees that he was enabled along the way by "normal Republicans." Let's include complete cowards like John Kelly, Paul Ryan, Mattis, etc etc etc. What Mueller did is essentially put together a broken vase and was expecting DOJ to glue it together. Bill Barr took a sledgehammer to it.

To me, Bill Barr is the one whose tubby ass should be dragged in for his role in all of this. Corrupt swine. There should be legal organizations calling for his disbarment at the very least.

by Anonymousreply 582March 28, 2023 12:18 AM

R582- Yet he hadn't had to answer for what he did. Nor have Stone, Bannon, Miller, Flynn and an entire list of others. Why?

by Anonymousreply 583March 28, 2023 12:29 AM

R583, I'm with you. I don't know. They'd be in front of a firing squad already if it were up to me. As I said before, the fact that we taxpayers continue to provide a fucking terrorist with a military pension, is disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 584March 28, 2023 12:36 AM

Flynn should've been called back up, then immediately court martialed. I'm guessing he wasn't because there are some in the military that think his behavior was just fine.

Barr, Rudy, Sidney Powell, Jenna Ellis, and the rest of Trump's shyster lawyers should have all been disbarred. I also wonder why that hasn't happened.

by Anonymousreply 585March 28, 2023 12:44 AM

I'm amazed to realize that diminutive even evil elf Jeff Sessions was a better AG than Barr. He probably would have resisted Trump's pressure to bend the DoJ to his will.

by Anonymousreply 586March 28, 2023 12:50 AM

We should all be protesting in the streets. We have no affordable health care, rent. We have tent cities of homeless people on the streets. Another school shooting today. Third world prison conditions and the poor bring jailed for profit. Justice for sell and only for the wealthy and connected. No rule of law.

by Anonymousreply 587March 28, 2023 12:55 AM

[quote]Flynn should've been called back up, then immediately court martialed. I'm guessing he wasn't because there are some in the military that think his behavior was just fine.

You forget his own brother's involvement. Want to know why there was no quick response to the riot?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588March 28, 2023 1:30 AM

True picture R587

Large scale protests will never happen here. We watched J6 happen, and are watching the author of the plan, declaring his run for President while the justice system ineffectually deals with his crimes. This should be enough to ignite large scale protests. Crickets.

Our culture sells us an image of America and its citizens, which is pure fantasy. We are mostly passive, waiting for things to be taken care of (congress, courts, etc.).

by Anonymousreply 589March 28, 2023 4:19 PM

[quote] Large scale protests will never happen here.

A functioning democracy doesn’t need protests. If there is an issue people feel passionate about, they only need to organize and turn out the vote. The people in France do large scale protests only for the thrill. They know they could easily elect people in the next election to repeal the age increase. It’s like kicking a door down when you literally have the key to the door lock in your hand.

It’s another sign of how fucked up the French are. If you want to tear shit up, you tear up other people’s shit. The French, however, destroy their own neighborhoods and allow garbage to pile up on their own streets. Even a dog doesn’t shit where it eats, but the French would. Terrible people.

by Anonymousreply 590March 28, 2023 7:56 PM

Indicted

by Anonymousreply 591March 30, 2023 10:05 PM

Or to be clearer NY Grand Jury has voted to indict.

by Anonymousreply 592March 30, 2023 10:09 PM

Lock him up!

by Anonymousreply 593March 30, 2023 10:10 PM

Bragg tells Jordan and his Klan to go fuck themselves yet again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594March 31, 2023 2:54 PM

NY DOJ rightly states that congress is currently acting more like a criminal defense counsel for a client rather than a legislative body trying to achieve a legitimate legislative objective.

by Anonymousreply 595March 31, 2023 2:59 PM

My, my that was eloquent, R595

by Anonymousreply 596March 31, 2023 3:00 PM

R595- Imagine a democratic trying to get away with that. You can't because it would never happen. The GOP work for Russia and China .

by Anonymousreply 597March 31, 2023 3:09 PM

R597, exactly. The Extreme Right all over the world is ascendant. And because of the internet it's easier for them to have an impact. But behind all these so called movements are paid agents sowing chaos and division. It's deliberate, it's organized, and very layered, too. How many gun nuts, for example, know how much money the NRA gets from Russia? And that is just the overt stuff. There are dummy organizations fake groups out here agitating and mobilizing the gullible.

It was all helped along by the fear and anger Fox Media manipulates so effectively. Years ago, when Roger Ailes embarked on his journey at Fox, he said Fear & Rage were good for ratings and revenue and that is what they peddle so successfully. I always say the GOP weaponized the low information voters. A Russian operative once said, several years ago, that they targeting the GOP because it was so much easier. They readily admitted the GOP supporters were dumber. People look at Putin and think of Communism. But Putin never liked Communism. He felt it was inefficient and unrealistic. Also not as useful in controlling people. Putin is CONSERVATIVE. Authoritarian. He wants to restore RUssia to the old days before the break up of the Soviet Union. He favors an oligarchy. Weakening the United States and getting rid of NATO so he can dominate Europe, is one of his top goals. And he watches us with amusement. He sees the confusion, the corruption, the weakness, and he loves it.

by Anonymousreply 598March 31, 2023 3:47 PM

R598- This should all over the media and internet, yet I haven't seen many discussions on SM about this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599March 31, 2023 3:57 PM

But covering a story is different. That's when they stay on it and repeatedly report on it and any new developments. Exhaustively. Like "her e mails!"

by Anonymousreply 600March 31, 2023 4:31 PM

I love, love, love that they used the [italic]Trump v. Mazars U.S., LLP[/italic] citation to basically say, "Fuck you and your bullshit subpoena!"

by Anonymousreply 601March 31, 2023 4:31 PM

R600 here. I meant to say this was also in the Washington Post, R599. Havent seen it on TV. Of course the media thinks they satisfy their "balanced" requirement by just reporting a story. Reorting is one thing. Covering it exhaustively and repeatedly and looking for new angles is a different matter.

by Anonymousreply 602March 31, 2023 4:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!