Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Easy to Prepare, Healthy Lunches for Work

I’m not much of a cook.

I was just reading up on how the high amounts of sodium in lunch meat increases risk for stroke, heart attack and diabetes. This has been my go-to for a long time - a simple smoked turkey breast sandwich with lettuce and a cheese slice. I’m looking for suggestions.

by Anonymousreply 10March 17, 2023 11:10 PM

An sliced avocado with a splash of vodka.

by Anonymousreply 1March 17, 2023 10:17 PM

Make a pot of lentil stew over the weekend and put into five single-serving containers. Very tasty and healthy.

by Anonymousreply 2March 17, 2023 10:19 PM

You could buy a rotisserie chicken and make a big vat of chicken salad (with Duke's mayo of course).

by Anonymousreply 3March 17, 2023 10:20 PM

Minestrone Curry Salad with Chicken

by Anonymousreply 4March 17, 2023 10:21 PM

make tabouleh. they even have decent boxes of it nowadays - a jar of sauce and the couscous you just mix in, no cooking. ADD: extra lemon juice, splash of olive oil, fresh parsley - as much as you have or can afford, some fresh chopped tomatoes, mint, golden raisins, chick peas if you like them. I add frozen then microwaved mirepoix mix. Its MUCH cheaper than buying tabouleh in a sandwich shop and its a lot of fibre and good vitamins.

by Anonymousreply 5March 17, 2023 10:21 PM

Smoked tofu is surprisingly tasty, nothing like regular tofu. You can make a sandwich with it...no cooking or prep required. Or cut it up and add to a salad as your protein. Chickpeas are really versatile as well.

by Anonymousreply 6March 17, 2023 10:28 PM

If you can afford it, and you like meat, buy better quality meat. Real baked ham, uncured, low sodium no nitrate. Buy roast beef that you see sliced from a fresh roast. She often have this at good Italian delis. Make your own meatloaf and bring meat loaf sandwiches. Buy good pate and make sandwiches on crusty bread with cucumber, mustard, mayo, sweet onion. or get the pate en croute you can slice and eat it with a salad.

by Anonymousreply 7March 17, 2023 10:28 PM

Slim fast in bag

by Anonymousreply 8March 17, 2023 11:02 PM

Thank you for the ideas. Keep them coming!

by Anonymousreply 9March 17, 2023 11:06 PM

Eat my thick fat bussy!

All protein, no carbs

by Anonymousreply 10March 17, 2023 11:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!