Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Boston Strangler...

OK, so who's watching this on Hulu tonight? I saw the trailer and it looks just scary enough. Plus I have always liked Kiera Knightly.

by Anonymousreply 20March 27, 2023 8:12 AM

OK. I watched it tonight and it was very good. In fact the ending of it was completely different than I thought. Good casting too.

by Anonymousreply 1March 18, 2023 2:42 AM

Thanks, OP!

by Anonymousreply 2March 18, 2023 2:44 AM

I did not know they remade the Boston Strangler. There was some debate as to whether he really was.

by Anonymousreply 3March 18, 2023 3:22 AM

This version views it from the perspective of two women reporters. The reporters were real people and the story is true and accurate as far as what they did and what they uncovered. I thought it was excellent.

by Anonymousreply 4March 18, 2023 3:51 AM

Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 5March 18, 2023 4:05 AM

[quote] There was some debate as to whether he really was.

Really was what?

by Anonymousreply 6March 18, 2023 4:07 AM

I can’t remember all the ins and outs of it but he confessed to being the Boston Strangler but they had no proof. This is just a quick search I did on it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7March 18, 2023 4:37 AM

It was decent and Keira was good. Reminded me a lot of She Said. That being said, Keira has better movies of a similar nature like Official Secrets or The Imitation Game which she was Oscar nominated for.

by Anonymousreply 8March 18, 2023 5:02 AM

My cousin was in her twenties and going to school in Boston when DeSalvo (or whoever) was going about his business. Every woman in the city was terrified.

by Anonymousreply 9March 18, 2023 5:14 AM

And they didn't even offer Jamie Lee Curtis a starring role?

Talk about another Oscar snub !

by Anonymousreply 10March 18, 2023 5:17 AM

DeSalvo confessed because he thought he would get interviews and book deals to support his family. Law enforecement fed him most of the info on the murders. He was a pervert but probably not a killer.

by Anonymousreply 11March 18, 2023 5:19 AM

His grave isn’t that far away from my house.

by Anonymousreply 12March 18, 2023 5:27 AM

R11 It was him. We know for a fact he murdered Mary Sullivan through DNA.

by Anonymousreply 13March 18, 2023 5:31 AM

Thank heavens for DNA. It's good to lay this ghost to rest. Finally, to know the Boston Strangler was Albert DeSalvo.

by Anonymousreply 14March 27, 2023 6:12 AM

Kiera Knightly‘s jaw is the real horror!

by Anonymousreply 15March 27, 2023 6:13 AM

I thought this was boring as hell. I turned it off and watched Copycat for the hundredth time.

by Anonymousreply 16March 27, 2023 6:19 AM

[quote] I have always liked Kiera Knightly.

[quote] Keira was good

OP, R8 Tell us about your other problems.

by Anonymousreply 17March 27, 2023 6:26 AM

Keira has an impressive American accent for this.

by Anonymousreply 18March 27, 2023 7:00 AM

Keira has a face shaped like the blade of a shovel.

by Anonymousreply 19March 27, 2023 7:26 AM

De Salvo could only be linked to one rape and murder. They used DNA (long after his death). My impression was, he was going to do the thing his friends had done and that he'd agreed to confess to.

If you remember the rest of the murders, the victims seem to fall into two groups. Apparently each group was murdered by one of De Salvo's associates from a mental facility. I think he was also incarcerated previously with one of them in prison.

I only know this from watching the movie.

I never saw the Tony Curtis movie but I did watch that movie with Lee Remick, George Segal and Eileen Heckart.

I guess it was based on the old lady part of the murders.

The serial killer pretending to be a hairdresser during one murder, and a murdered trans prostitute that the killer is especially angy at being fooled by was pretty much the most positive image I could get back then as a little kid.

by Anonymousreply 20March 27, 2023 8:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!