Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

1976 Grammys Best Female Pop Vocal Performance - Did the right person win?

This was one hell of a lineup! We don’t see lineups like this anymore (especially because now the awards are not separated by gender). Every single person nominated was deserving, however I feel the person who won for that song was the worst of the five. My opinion.

Who do you feel should have won?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8March 17, 2023 7:53 PM

Olivia all the way!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 17, 2023 5:55 PM

It was one of the relatively few appropriate awards this corrupt shit show has managed.

Collins delivered a mediocrity as usual with no verve or authenticity, Linda was not at her best channeling Rita Coolidge, and the other two were absurd nominations from the start.

by Anonymousreply 2March 17, 2023 6:06 PM

I think the right female singer won. Honestly though I never cared for any of those songs.

by Anonymousreply 3March 17, 2023 6:09 PM

Romstadt should have won.

by Anonymousreply 4March 17, 2023 6:50 PM

Brooks Arthur brilliantly produced the Janis Ian single /

The way that song sounded on the car radio still is in my head.

by Anonymousreply 5March 17, 2023 7:40 PM

Send in the Clowns had a long slow rise in popularity..... unlike anything else in my memory.

What prompted it to come back in 1977 and chart higher? the Grammy win? very unusual.

Sinatra first recorded Send in the Clowns in 1973. Two years later Judy Collins recorded "Send in the Clowns" for her album Judith. The song was released as a single, which soon became a major pop hit. It remained on the Billboard Hot 100 for 11 weeks in 1975, reaching Number 3

] The single again reached the Billboard Hot 100 in 1977, where it remained for 16 weeks and reached Number 19.[14] At the Grammy Awards of 1976, the Collins performance of the song was named Song of the Year

by Anonymousreply 6March 17, 2023 7:44 PM

Natalie Cole won for Best New Artist this year. Where have the years gone?

by Anonymousreply 7March 17, 2023 7:48 PM

When I hear the lyric, "isn't it rich?". I cringe so much my pooker tightens.

by Anonymousreply 8March 17, 2023 7:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!