Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DL cat nip: Marianne Williamson "foaming, spitting, uncontrollable rage" at staff!

And don't tell me there's already a thread on this! I searched. And if I missed it I will "....pound a car door until (my) hand start(s) to swell and, ultimately, (have) to go to an urgent care facility."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101March 18, 2023 5:48 PM

People who hit things in front of other people are almost always bad

by Anonymousreply 1March 16, 2023 2:08 PM

Not surprised. She needs to drop out now but she won't.

by Anonymousreply 2March 16, 2023 2:12 PM

It's always the people who talk about how important it is to be nice. (e.g. Ellen)

by Anonymousreply 3March 16, 2023 2:14 PM

This has become the go-to accusation when people want to create a story to bring down a female leader. It’s better than what is done with male leaders who people want to take out. They have to deal with women making accusations of assault or harassment. So the women candidates don’t have it as bad.

by Anonymousreply 4March 16, 2023 2:34 PM

This has become the go-to accusation when people want to create a story to bring down a female leader. It’s better than what is done with male leaders who people want to take out. They have to deal with women making accusations of assault or harassment. So the women candidates don’t have it as bad.

by Anonymousreply 5March 16, 2023 2:36 PM

Isn’t she supposed to be some new age spirituality teacher ? They’re always the craziest.

by Anonymousreply 6March 16, 2023 2:38 PM

She’s a real-life Mike White character.

I’m okay with people getting frustrated or angry. I’m okay with people being bitchy and grumpy. It’s the *pretense* that they’re more evolved and compassionate that bugs me.

That “love and light” persona is always a sham, in my experience.

by Anonymousreply 7March 16, 2023 2:57 PM

R4/5, they interview 12 staffers. And a state campaign director went on the record as saying that what those 12 said was consistent with his experiences with her.

But, yeah, just a misogynistic attack!

by Anonymousreply 8March 16, 2023 3:03 PM

Her campaign was a dead-end from the very beginning, but people who brushed off similar stories about Amy Klobuchar shouldn't jump on this one.

by Anonymousreply 9March 16, 2023 3:06 PM

Is she really worth running hit pieces on? She's more like comic relief for the Democratic debates.

by Anonymousreply 10March 16, 2023 3:13 PM

Anyone who couldn't recognize her cray, has mental issues themselves.

Bitch is batty.

by Anonymousreply 11March 16, 2023 3:23 PM

Jesus. I always thought she was nuts.

by Anonymousreply 12March 16, 2023 3:37 PM

What a dumb bitch, she can't even throw a stapler properly.

by Anonymousreply 13March 16, 2023 3:48 PM

Megalomaniacs who want to rule the world are such pips.

by Anonymousreply 14March 16, 2023 4:08 PM

Especially when they're "spiritual" and operating on a higher plane r14.

by Anonymousreply 15March 16, 2023 4:33 PM

So, is the public going to "ban bossy" once again and claim women are fragile little creatures we can't ever call out because this entire thread is misogynistic?

This is what happens when women lean in and try to get into leadership roles. Oh, the horrors of the wage gap.

Always trying to force the women down quicker than an intern in the oval office.

by Anonymousreply 16March 16, 2023 4:37 PM

Stay in your lane, bitch! And keep your grubby mitts off my Swingline stapler!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17March 16, 2023 4:37 PM

Is there just one political non-cunt who could try running for President? Please tell me Gretchen Whitmer is nice.

by Anonymousreply 18March 16, 2023 4:58 PM

Whitmer would make a great VP but not sure Michigan would stay blue if she left.

by Anonymousreply 19March 16, 2023 4:59 PM

Biden needs to drop Kamala and get Gretchen

by Anonymousreply 20March 16, 2023 5:08 PM

R19, that's my concern as well. We need to ensure as many states stay as blue as possible. Republicans continue to win on the state level which is something that Dems seem to ignore.

by Anonymousreply 21March 16, 2023 5:31 PM

r21 they barely made an effort last season... focusing on only a handful of races and only a few positions, some of the smaller races didn't have a single democrat running... -- which creates a problem with "imported" candidates... (whether from out of state or into the party. In several states, they had former republicans that had only been democrat for a year and most lacked any "liberal" or "progressive" decision in their histories. I get it, they were hoping to turn right leaning voters but they ended up repelling the leftwing instead. And, it makes it difficult for younger generations to get experience when they're not making an effort to usher them into other parts of gov. . . which also tends to help build up their recognition, give them a state/local history, etc)

by Anonymousreply 22March 16, 2023 5:50 PM

A lot of fraus who achieve a lot tend to be neurotic narcissistic nutjobs. They have zero empathy and yet are constantly portraying themselves as a nice friendly person. Have had so many cunt women bosses who were nightmares to work with, showing the same traits as Marianne, uncontrollable rage and so consumed with their own self importance they don't give a fuck for anyone working for or with them

by Anonymousreply 23March 16, 2023 6:05 PM

And progressives like Kyle Kulinski think that Williamson will make a good president. I used to think that he was smart. Not anymore.

by Anonymousreply 24March 16, 2023 6:08 PM

R22, it's embarrassing how Americans do NOT participate in local/state elections. I mean, our voting rates for the presidential elections are mediocre but the state and local ones are just pitiful. And the irony being that local and state governments are closer to the people so there is more change possible. I think that's a function of how national elections just continue to get more and more coverage while many local papers/stations have been bought out of existence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25March 16, 2023 6:11 PM

Compulsory voting would be a godsend in getting this country on track, but that will never happen.

Who the hell is this silly Mary Ann person and why is a random person like her even running?

by Anonymousreply 26March 16, 2023 6:27 PM

People we clocked as GRIFTING CUNTS in the 1980s, include:

Trump

Louise Haye

Marianne Williamson

Susan Sontag

among others

Pity the public is so fucking naive and gullible.

by Anonymousreply 27March 16, 2023 6:32 PM

Shows she’s completely inauthentic as a peace and love type.

by Anonymousreply 28March 16, 2023 6:35 PM

The media has been throwing so much shit out there against Marianne to see what will stick, despite how nonthreatening her "longshot" campaign is supposed to be. It's truly pathetic. Good for Marianne for responding. Critical thinking skills are required where politics are concerned.

by Anonymousreply 29March 16, 2023 6:48 PM

Who has been throwing shit at her?

She’s a nothing. The media and voters don’t care. This is all a big publicity tour for her.

She deserves what she gets… especially since she’s a fucking monster.

by Anonymousreply 30March 16, 2023 6:51 PM

And some advice for Marianne: you want to get involved with politics, run for your school board or town council . (I live in a very small town and her lack of any involvement at the local level… just being on committees and volunteering with nonprofits… would be disqualifying for any local office.)

by Anonymousreply 31March 16, 2023 6:54 PM

[quote]Williamson would throw her phone at staffers

Amateur!

by Anonymousreply 32March 16, 2023 7:00 PM

Another one that The Great Oprah thrust into our midst.

by Anonymousreply 33March 16, 2023 7:02 PM

How much did she grift off campaign "donations"?

by Anonymousreply 34March 16, 2023 7:21 PM

I love this, op!

by Anonymousreply 35March 16, 2023 7:31 PM

When presented with details of POLITICO’s reporting, Paul Hodes, a former U.S. congressman who served as Williamson’s 2020 New Hampshire state director, said such descriptions mirrored his own experience working with her.

“Those reports of Ms. Williamson’s behavior are consistent with my observations, consistent with contemporaneous discussions I had about her conduct with staff members, and entirely consistent with my own personal experience with her behavior on multiple occasions,” he said.

In an email to POLITICO, Williamson said such accusations of her behavior were “slanderous” and “categorically untrue.”

“Former staffers trying to score points with the political establishment by smearing me might be good for their careers, but the intention is to deflect attention from the important issues facing the American people,” she said. “This Presidential Campaign expects concerted efforts to dismiss and denigrate us. But the amplification of outright lies should not occur.”

by Anonymousreply 36March 16, 2023 7:35 PM

R29, does she yell at you, too, or just the rest of the staff?

by Anonymousreply 37March 16, 2023 7:39 PM

I imagine her mispronouncing basic words.

by Anonymousreply 38March 16, 2023 7:45 PM

A 1992 People Magazine story profiling Williamson said she had a “temper and unchecked ego, as well as a cruelly abrasive management style” and quoted a former associate who called Williamson “a tyrant.” A Los Angeles Times story published that same year reported that people who had worked with Williamson described her as having “an explosive temper that erupts indiscriminately.”

Still, her behavior came as a shock to most of her 2020 campaign staff, the majority of whom had backgrounds working in politics and only knew of Williamson through her best-selling books and public speaking events encouraging people to harness the power of love and learn to forgive.

Some people said they joined the campaign simply because they needed a job and Williamson was offering them one. Others said they thought that there was room in the race for a dark horse candidate to push people, including Biden, on topics such as reparations. And some said that Williamson’s books on compassion and forgiveness had helped them through their own struggles of divorce, addiction and loss of family members.

Instead, they walked away feeling emotionally tormented.

“It’s cliché, but all I can say is: don’t meet your heroes,” said a fifth former staffer.

by Anonymousreply 39March 16, 2023 7:48 PM

I read through the list of criticism:

Mercurial.

Throw phones Naomi style?

Throws tantrums and once injured her hand so badly during a rage, MW required a visit to Urgent Care.

Yells.

Mocks overweight staffers.

by Anonymousreply 40March 16, 2023 7:52 PM

A dreadful human being, Not worthy of being called a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 41March 16, 2023 7:57 PM

Why in the world are there people on here defending her? She was never a credible candidate… for dog catcher.

by Anonymousreply 42March 16, 2023 7:59 PM

She was lots of fun to dunk on during the presidential debates.

by Anonymousreply 43March 16, 2023 8:01 PM

Trump supporter just checked in 🙄

by Anonymousreply 44March 16, 2023 8:04 PM

I'll vote for her!

by Anonymousreply 45March 16, 2023 9:09 PM

[quote]The media and voters don’t care

Um, do you understand that this story didn't spring up spontaneously from the floor, like a flower, right? It was published IN THE MEDIA.

by Anonymousreply 46March 16, 2023 9:14 PM

Fool, I was addressing your specious claim that the media was out to get her because she’s a woman.

She’s only in the news because she’s unhinged. If you see some grand media conspiracy to bring her down, I don’t k ow what you’re reading because this is the first any pub has mentioned her since her joke of an announcement that she’s running.

by Anonymousreply 47March 16, 2023 9:20 PM

She ought to be run out of town on the rails like it was 1876

by Anonymousreply 48March 16, 2023 9:22 PM

She would have made a good villain in something like Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

by Anonymousreply 49March 16, 2023 10:25 PM

[quote] “an explosive temper that erupts indiscriminately”

= bipolar

by Anonymousreply 50March 16, 2023 10:28 PM

Spit? What's the problem?

by Anonymousreply 51March 16, 2023 10:46 PM

I always liked Mariannne-

However, that article is DAMNING as fuck, and if you notice- she admitted to beating that poor car door/urgent care scenario, because it probably could be proven...

There have been tales here for years about her, and I believe every word.

What a fucking hypocrite. I think she may be the actual meaning of "a cunt".

by Anonymousreply 52March 16, 2023 10:49 PM

Marianne is a message candidate. Has no chance of actually winning. And she knows that.

She should use her presidential candidacy as a platform to carry her message of love, peace and understanding. But at the same thing, she needs to practice what she preaches.

She's long been interested in politics. At her weekly mass sessions, she almost always includes some discussion of politics, even if it was just Marianne saying that she prays nightly for all the nuclear weapons to be safe and not detonate. Sometimes she could devote an entire two hour session to her views of politics including her belief that since we have a Department of War (Defense), we should also have a Department of Peace.

by Anonymousreply 53March 16, 2023 10:58 PM

"Marianne Dearest" is definitely Miss Dunaway's comeback role: "I'm not mad at you, I'm mad at the car door!"

by Anonymousreply 54March 16, 2023 11:31 PM

“Don’t meet your heroes.”

What a great title for her biography!

by Anonymousreply 55March 16, 2023 11:49 PM

This would make a great SNL skit!!

by Anonymousreply 56March 16, 2023 11:50 PM

Ha now I hope she wins.

by Anonymousreply 57March 17, 2023 12:10 AM

[quote] Compulsory voting would be a godsend in getting this country on track

And when they all vote Republican, you’ll change your tune.

by Anonymousreply 58March 17, 2023 12:14 AM

She was the pray the AIDS away cunt.

by Anonymousreply 59March 17, 2023 12:15 AM

[quote] So, is the public going to "ban bossy" once again and claim women are fragile little creatures we can't ever call out because this entire thread is misogynistic?

Oh, stop. Women are people, and like all people, some are assholes. I’ve had excellent women bosses who were respected by everyone. They didn’t berate people and abuse their power. I’ve had men bosses who were excellent, too.

An effective leader doesn’t resort to abuse and tyranny. They don’t need to. It has nothing to do with what’s between their legs.

by Anonymousreply 60March 17, 2023 2:01 AM

Sounds like her chakras are out of alignment.

by Anonymousreply 61March 17, 2023 2:07 AM

The poor man's Jill Stein

by Anonymousreply 62March 17, 2023 2:08 AM

[quote]foaming, spitting, uncontrollable rage

But this is why we love Trump!

by Anonymousreply 63March 17, 2023 2:08 AM

“You see this crystal, it’s gonna go through your fucking face! CALM DOWN? YOU WANT ME TO FUCKING CALM DOWN????!!!!!” 🔮

by Anonymousreply 64March 17, 2023 2:09 AM

Women like this old bag and Gywneth really loathe fat people.

by Anonymousreply 65March 17, 2023 2:09 AM

Time for her to flick that light switch to On.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66March 17, 2023 2:13 AM

Her staff needs to smudge and cleanse themselves with sage or palo santo to get rid of the bad energy.

by Anonymousreply 67March 17, 2023 2:15 AM

She gets staffers to get taxi drivers to sign NDAs if they witness a meltdown in their cab? How does one do this? Do you pay them money to shut up? Threaten them in some way to sign?

If a taxi driver had one of these meltdowns recorded then it would be worth $$$ from the media.

by Anonymousreply 68March 17, 2023 2:17 AM

She has a Marlo Thomas vibe. Free to be a wolf in sheep's clothing.

by Anonymousreply 69March 17, 2023 2:23 AM

I heard Ramtha wants his blonde lady whore to run on his behalf.

by Anonymousreply 70March 17, 2023 2:42 AM

Berating overweight staffers has me convinced she's a Datalounger. She posts here. Probably originated the phrase "you type fat," and posts all the most vicious replies in the Karen Carpenter threads. I can just see it.

by Anonymousreply 71March 17, 2023 3:05 AM

I’m surprised you can see anything R71 through those little piggy eyes surrounded by your fat piggy cheeks as you gorge from the trough. Little porky pig, that’s you. Oink!

by Anonymousreply 72March 17, 2023 3:16 AM

Dark forces from the source!

by Anonymousreply 73March 17, 2023 3:24 AM

I contacted Marianne a few years ago and sent her right away to the Kennedy family's professional face sharpener! I'm so happy to see the results!

by Anonymousreply 74March 17, 2023 3:30 AM

My numerologist says Marianne is a real cunt and full of shit!

by Anonymousreply 75March 17, 2023 5:38 AM

Cheryl is Marianne!

by Anonymousreply 76March 17, 2023 6:05 AM

I think she’s fabulous and would vote for her if I were registered as a Democrat!

by Anonymousreply 77March 17, 2023 8:09 AM

Is this the woman who said that God is stronger than swine flu?

by Anonymousreply 78March 17, 2023 8:33 AM

Berates staff for their weight? Is she the next Gwen Shamblin? She will have to up her hair game to compete. Gwen's husband was former Tarzan. What is Marianne's husband's claim to fame?

by Anonymousreply 79March 17, 2023 10:46 AM

She needs a slice of humble pie. Live. On camera.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80March 17, 2023 1:34 PM

Horrid woman.

by Anonymousreply 81March 17, 2023 1:53 PM

I fucking love you, R72.

by Anonymousreply 82March 17, 2023 2:16 PM

Please, let me staple her to the floor!

by Anonymousreply 83March 17, 2023 2:28 PM

Fucking up the travel itinerary for a candidate who is on the road campaigning is a major fuckup.

MW responded by busting her hand during a meltdown.

She ought to have fired them instead.

by Anonymousreply 84March 17, 2023 7:47 PM

[quote]Her outbursts could be so loud that two former aides recounted at least four occasions when hotel staff knocked on her door to check on the situation. In one instance, Williamson got so angry about the logistics of a campaign trip to South Carolina that she felt was poorly planned that she pounded a car door until her hand started to swell, according to four former staffers.

This is what happens when you only hire friends and family and fuck buddies, no accountability.

Nothing is done correctly or on time.

Don't have a tantrum. Fire them. Be forewarned, your staff will be furious that you have canned a relative or fuckbuddy.

by Anonymousreply 85March 17, 2023 7:58 PM

A Course In Miracles didn’t prepare her for any of that haha. She made an audiobook of her reading it, it was super cringe. I had to stop being friends with some people that thought she was some kind of authority because they were always going on about nothing.

by Anonymousreply 86March 17, 2023 8:04 PM

R83 here is the transcript (Monty Python reference about nailing heads to the floor) “ Cut to Vince in a chair in a nasty flat. Vince Well one day I was sitting at home threatening the kids, and I looked out of the hole in the wall and sees this tank drive up and one of Dinsdale's boys gets out and he comes up, all nice and friendly like, and says Dinsdale wants to have a talk with me. So he chains me to the back of the tank and takes me for a scrape round to Dinsdale's. And Dinsdale's there in the conversation pit with Doug and Charles Paisley, the baby crusher, and a couple of film producers and a man they called 'Kierkegaard', who just sat there biting the heads of whippets and Dinsdale sayd 'I hear you've been a naughty boy Clement' and he splits me nostrils open and saws me leg off and pulls me liver out, and I said my name's not Clement and then he loses his temper and nails my head to the floor. Interviewer (off-screen) He nailed your head to the floor? Vince At first, yeah Cut to presenter. Presenter Another man who had his head nailed to the floor was Stig O' Tracey. Cut to another younger more cheerful man on sofa. Interviewer Stig, I've been told Dinsdale Piranha nailed your head to the floor. Stig No, no. Never, never. He was a smashing bloke. He used to give his mother flowers and that. He was like a brother to me. Interviewer But the police have film of Dinsdale actually nailing your head to the floor. Stig Oh yeah, well - he did that, yeah. Interviewer Why? Stig Well he had to, didn't he? I mean, be fair, there was nothing else he could do. I mean, I had transgressed the unwritten law. Interviewer What had you done? Stig Er... Well he never told me that. But he gave me his word that it was the case, and that's good enough for me with old Dinsy. I mean, he didn't want to nail my head to the floor. I had to insist. He wanted to let me off. There's nothing Dinsdale wouldn't do for you. Interviewer And you don't bear him any grudge? Stig A grudge! Old Dinsy? He was a real darling. Interviewer I understand he also nailed your wife's head to a coffee table. Isn't that right Mrs O' Tracey? Camera pans to show woman with coffee table nailed to head. Mrs O' Tracey Oh, no. No. No. Stig Yeah, well, he did do that. Yeah, yeah. He was a cruel man, but fair Cut back to Vince. Interviewer Vince, after he nailed your head to the floor, did you ever see him again Vince Yeah.....after that I used to go round his flat every Sunday lunchtime to apologize and we'd shake hands and then he'd nail my head to the floor Interviewer Every Sunday? Vince Yeah but he was very reasonable about it. I mean one Sunday when my parents were coming round for tea, I asked him if he'd mind very much not nailing my head to the floor that week and he agreed and just screwed my pelvis to a cake stand. Cut to man affixed to a coffee table and a standard lamp. Man He was the only friend I ever had.”

by Anonymousreply 87March 17, 2023 8:11 PM

Paragraphs are your friends r87.

by Anonymousreply 88March 17, 2023 8:29 PM

Are you having a stroke R87? That reads about as well as a Sarah Palin word salad speech from when she ran for VP.

by Anonymousreply 89March 17, 2023 9:26 PM

Jeez, even Rudy Guiliani didn't injure himself (as far as we know) when he was sent to Four Seasons Landscaping instead of the Four Seasons. He just stood in the sun and melted.

by Anonymousreply 90March 17, 2023 9:33 PM

[quote]Fucking up the travel itinerary for a candidate who is on the road campaigning is a major fuckup.

She was not a real candidate and wasn’t running a serious campaign. Even her staff knew she was a joke.

by Anonymousreply 91March 17, 2023 9:53 PM

Then why accept the position?

by Anonymousreply 92March 17, 2023 11:00 PM

A not real candidate made it to the white house and came close to ending American democracy.

by Anonymousreply 93March 17, 2023 11:01 PM

"Konnichiwa, Girlfriend!"

by Anonymousreply 94March 17, 2023 11:05 PM

If she foamed and spat on me she'd lose those last 100, crispy, dyed hair follicles.

by Anonymousreply 95March 17, 2023 11:14 PM

I knew people who benefited from the Course in Miricles, I mean gay men with AIDS back in the 80s when there was little hope. It simply made day to day life slightly more bearable. Yeah, it was phony spirituality but so what. It gave them something. Don't be too judgmental.

by Anonymousreply 96March 18, 2023 1:35 AM

I had forgotten all about her. I remember her being on Oprah, hears ago and I thought she was a joke then. She had this way of over enunciating her words that always irritated me.

by Anonymousreply 97March 18, 2023 1:49 AM

In Carol Bayer Sanger’s excellent memoir, she describes a hilarious scene when Williamson was about to perform Elizabeth Taylor’s wedding to Larry whatever his name was. Williamson broke down before the ceremony because Taylor insisted they face the audience during their vows rather than facing Williamson.

I laughed outloud reading it and that was before I had any idea who Williamson was.

by Anonymousreply 98March 18, 2023 3:32 AM

Was Faye Dunaway this bad?

by Anonymousreply 99March 18, 2023 9:46 AM

I just thought she was a crazy woman who had somehow escaped from the loony bin and ended up on a debate stage in 2019 looking dazed and confused.

by Anonymousreply 100March 18, 2023 12:07 PM

R99 at least Faye has talent

by Anonymousreply 101March 18, 2023 5:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!