Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Beware. MyLife knows how much money you have and who your exes are.

How is this legal? Have you ever searched yourself and discovered how crazy accurate the info is? They accurately know my income and my net worth. They have a list of my exes (some of whom I never resided with or had any finances with). They even know my religious preferences. I searched someone I am (sorta) dating and MyLife says he is married. He might have been married but he isn't now. Also they have a "reputation score". Also 20 people have checked out my profile!! Who are these people? wth?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28March 25, 2023 8:26 AM

I went through the incredibly tedious process a few years ago of getting all my information removed from My life. It's still not there. It was a pain in the ass at the time, but absolutely worth it.

by Anonymousreply 1March 16, 2023 10:39 AM

R1 = I think I am going to try and get mine removed. The money thing really shocked me because of the accuracy.

by Anonymousreply 2March 16, 2023 10:47 AM

I use DeleteMe to remove my information from the web. I highly recommend it.

by Anonymousreply 3March 16, 2023 10:50 AM

I should add that it works for My life and dozens of sites like it.

by Anonymousreply 4March 16, 2023 10:51 AM

Our government is thirty years behind the times. This should be banned

by Anonymousreply 5March 16, 2023 10:55 AM

Someone used my email to sign up for MyLife which sent me an email verification, and when I clicked on it I had access to everything. I found the lady who used my email address and told her what had happened, and she ignored me. Anyway, throughout that whole ordeal, I discovered that they apparently make a lot of stuff up. My listing had my name spelled wrong, my address wrong, and an email address that wasn't mine. (Surprise, surprise.) They deleted it without me asking but I kind of wish they'd left it up, because if anyone wanted to dox me, they'd get incorrect info and I'd be just fine with that.

by Anonymousreply 6March 16, 2023 10:57 AM

My information is incorrect, but I still want it removed. I’m very private so I would prefer my name not be on a search website.

Thanks, R3, I’m going to do that

by Anonymousreply 7March 16, 2023 11:17 AM

Big Brother is alive and well in America... :-/

by Anonymousreply 8March 16, 2023 11:32 AM

My assets are well protected. I'm not hiding from anyone or anything. I don't have the patience or the energy to worry about bits of information floating around on the internet.

by Anonymousreply 9March 16, 2023 11:46 AM

R9 = Big Brother’s spokesperson

by Anonymousreply 10March 16, 2023 3:34 PM

Used it to look up an ex of 30 years ago. Nada. He must have died.

by Anonymousreply 11March 16, 2023 4:00 PM

This is creepy. It’s been a few years since I last “googled myself.” Back then nothing came up for me, and I was equal parts relieved and proud of that. My father and I share the same name except for different middle names, so a bit of his info did pop up.

Just googled myself after reading this thread and am shocked that four different sites have my residence history as well as a list of phone numbers I’ve used. However the email they list as mine is terribly wrong and obviously inaccurate.

What happened in this time period? How did I suddenly get “lit up” on the radar?? Definitely will look into DeleteMe, thanks for the tip.

by Anonymousreply 12March 16, 2023 4:15 PM

OP, are you getting paid for every DLer you send to Mylife? It ain’t free, ya know.

by Anonymousreply 13March 16, 2023 4:38 PM

I found this site by accident a while ago and was alarmed at how much information it has on people. Strangely, I am not on it, but my family members are. I removed all of them.

by Anonymousreply 14March 16, 2023 4:45 PM

I this an elaborate ad for DeleteMe ?????

by Anonymousreply 15March 16, 2023 4:47 PM

There's far better sites than mylife...

there's still free services available, too. (It once was all free, you know. The commercialization was initially a response to privacy laws...)

(also, there's little point in paying somebody else to delete it or whatever.... when you're just going to connect all your shit to your phone and other backup. Let alone the sheer amount of you on social media that one one person that knows five people that knows fifteen, etc... building a bigger picture that all references back to you. The only thing you can do is go off-the-grid. And even then, you'd still have some info out there... even if you crafted other trails. Of course, you just confuse it all -- easier if you travel a lot and long enough to pick up and use a p.o.box and temp phone (digital and spoofing options out there), I suppose you could fake your own death or change your identity, too. They don't tend to pick up on formal name changes whether you keep your social or not, public notices, etc.... adopting your spouses surname, however, is not the same as a name change. Also, avoid loans, creditors, registering for giveaways, mailing lists, etc.)

by Anonymousreply 16March 16, 2023 4:55 PM

Other than my LinkedIn profile, I don't exist, which gives me immense comfort.

I have to wonder if it's because I have no social media accounts.

by Anonymousreply 17March 16, 2023 9:27 PM

I have no social media accounts, but DeleteMe found addresses of mine on the internet going back as far as 1990.

by Anonymousreply 18March 16, 2023 10:45 PM

R13 = I am OP...NO....I am not with MyLife. I actually stumbled across the page years ago and kind of ignored it because they just had my age and address. I was looking someone up yesterday and came across the site again and was alarmed at how much info they now have. You do not have to pay for the "background report" and I would not recommend doing that--and apparently the FTC agrees.. Like I said repeatedly, I just don't think my income (or yours) should be posted online.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19March 16, 2023 10:52 PM

[quote] How is this legal?

This.

by Anonymousreply 20March 17, 2023 5:08 AM

R19 If you’re a public employee, salaries in all states are posted on Open Checkbooks for transparency.

by Anonymousreply 21March 17, 2023 5:11 AM

My Life still counts my former Chicago residence as current though I haven't lived there for over 15 years.

So accurate, etc.

by Anonymousreply 22March 18, 2023 1:11 AM

MyLife is totally bogus. It's a trap site setup to get people to pay for membership, either to (supposedly) enable people to get in touch with others via the site, or to supposedly be able to edit or remove the information MyLife has posted about them.

That 'information' is a conglomeration of minor details easily scraped off the internet and outright fantasy. No one in their right mind should take it seriously. It, and sites like it, are not intended to be authentic background check sites, and anyone who falls for that is pretty damned gullible.

In my case, the only part they've got right is my name and age. They claim I'm a registered Republican, which is pretty amazing because it's not only wrong, we don't register by party affiliation in my state. They claim I'm a Christian, which I'm not. They claim I'm married, which I'm not. They've also invented my income and assets.

It's even better with my sister. Not only have they got her details wrong, too, best of all they've got her race wrong.

Oh, and our dad: he's been dead for over a half-century. According to MyLife, he's still alive and kicking, and has a very generous income and assets.

by Anonymousreply 23March 24, 2023 9:42 PM

I love MyLife! I love humblebragging!

by Anonymousreply 24March 24, 2023 10:04 PM

I don't know how accurate it is, OP. Give us your name and we'll look you up and see.

by Anonymousreply 25March 24, 2023 10:21 PM

MY ADDRESS AND AGE AND PERSONAL RELATIONS IS POSTED ON THESE SITES DUE TO MY STATUS AS A REGISTERED FUCKING VOTER.

WHY DOES THIS COUNTRY ALLOW DATA CULLED FROM VOTER REGISTRATION RECORDS TO BE POSTED AND MONETIZED ON SERVERS LOCATED OVERSEAS.

by Anonymousreply 26March 24, 2023 10:54 PM

The DMV also sells your data......Remember THAT next time you renew your license.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27March 25, 2023 3:48 AM

I just went on MyLife to search myself and the only options for info all required some type of payment. Not giving them any money.

by Anonymousreply 28March 25, 2023 8:26 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!