Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I have HPV (genital warts). Must I tell all partners?

I am unsure if most on DL and in the real world know that HPV (human papilloma virus) can't he not be tested for in males during our STD checksn--only in females.

And do most know by now that HPV is the most prevalent STD. Yet males who carry it don't know, and are unaware of they're potentially spreading the most common STD. I think the only way for a male to know he has HPaV is if a warts develops on the he penis shaft, head (?(, scrotum or anus (hopefully not all!). And maybe here is no cure! Ev n esrtvremoval via various m those doesn't cure one,cand spreading the virus will be a lifelong concern.

In recent years, years, a vaccine exists, preferably before ever engaging in sex.. At first I heard it was effective until age 26 or so...now I've heard age 45 or so? And that's before being sexually active. Maybe it's still somewhat effective even after a few encounters, as long as within the age 26 or age 45 guudeline?

Anyway, I became aware at age 35 in 1985 or so when I mentioned my small warts on my shaft while at the STD clinic. I think they lasered them off, or maybe pr dcribed a cream? Can't r call. But since, I've been to almost a dozen sessions where they fre xe then off, to hemn apply a cream to heal the skin nm. They never prescribed Sldsrw or I her crrwms. Maybe because I didn't have insurance on hide times?

Last year, I went to Massachusetts General Hospital's STI Clinic. Hadn't been to here in years, opting instead fo my nurse practitioner at Fenway Health in Boston, a gay-focused health center. They always froze and hem off but I he relatively tiny warts always return eventually. But at Massachusetts General Hospital, two sessions over a month or so, the nurse froze them instead of a prescription cream. Will him a month or two, I still hadn't noticed any return of my arts and my shaft is

still smiling h unkike

I have think I noticed ba eart of two or several on my shaft in the mid

by Anonymousreply 65June 15, 2023 11:42 PM

You are a nasty slut.

by Anonymousreply 1March 16, 2023 9:40 AM

This is why we type and don't use voice-to-text.

by Anonymousreply 2March 16, 2023 9:48 AM

Sorry, my phone screen acted funky and I couldn't finish the long post...never mind proofread, obviously.

Anyway, for the first time all these decades, my shaft seems smooth sans warts. I feel so clean and normal. YET, I know I have HPV for life and can or will always transmit it.

Thankfully it's not one of the cancerous types of HPV (and there are dozens or hundreds of strains of HPV, right?). The HPV causing warts are never cancerous, I think.

Anyway, my doctor during my physical never asks about HPV or presence of warts when they give me paperwork for for STD tests. Abd all those visits for treatment over the decades, nobody told me it's contagious! I believe many gays don't know this.

Must or should I inform partners? Depends on the state or country? I believe one must inform a partner nowadays in many or all places about HIV or AIDS infection, right? About STDs which can be cured? What about STDs like herpes and HPV which aren't cureable?

Yes, I have told a few partners in advance, and they understandably rejected me. Supposedly, most males who get HPV, always unknowingly, simply"shed" it after a year or so? Those are the ones who don't know they had HPaV, because no warts were apparent. But not me, as I have had warts, thus I know I carry HPV and will always be a carrier and potential spreader -- even with wart removal.

Yes, I have not informed some partners who give me oral. I am ashamed of myself. And can this type of HPV cause throat, neck and/or tongue cancer we've heard so much about the past decade?

I don't most doctors, and even LGBT ones, know enough about it, thus don't discuss it? Plus, it can take years for it to develop warts, so if one has many partners, it's hard to know who transmitted it.

One guy I met at a rest area ten years ago decided not to hookup. He actually was confused about HPV, saying he thought only women get it! I don't blame him, as l then and now, not a lot of info out there.

But what about guys boasting about being clean -- they don't know for sure, because there is no test for makes! And if I dared ask if they know for sure if they're clean, as no test exists for male HPV, I wonder their reaction.

HPV means no masturbation or even li

h n I told him.

don't do wnwl for years.

by Anonymousreply 3March 16, 2023 10:04 AM

Sorry, OP here...phone keeps acting up!

So if a partner has genital and/or anal warts, don't dare rim or touch their genital area? (Yes, so sorry for starting a sentence on DL with "so.")

So I shouldn't or mustn't engage in masturbation with a partner, even light touching? Don't suck, fuck or rim anyone unless you know they don't have HPV, as it's impossible to knows unless they have visible warts? Who the heck asks hookups if they have or had warts?

Thus, it's possibly as bad as having herpes, right? It seems much safer to have a partner with HIV than HPV, as HIV is often non-detectable nowadays and PrEP is available -- but no equivalent for HPV. He won't spread HIV easily, unlike HPV. Hmm...

by Anonymousreply 4March 16, 2023 10:18 AM

Do whatever helps you sleep at night

by Anonymousreply 5March 16, 2023 10:23 AM

Do you know MattBruinsfan?

by Anonymousreply 6March 16, 2023 11:22 AM

Have you considered cutting off your penis? It might help you with your phone problems.

by Anonymousreply 7March 16, 2023 11:26 AM

Next time you tell this story you should definitely use the long version.

by Anonymousreply 8March 16, 2023 11:51 AM

How drunk, drunk are you, OP?

by Anonymousreply 9March 16, 2023 12:09 PM

Not all of them, OP.

Your dad already knows because he gave it to you.

by Anonymousreply 10March 16, 2023 12:14 PM

Just keep being a big ol whore ..none of the ppl you meet to fuck could pick you out of a lineup as the source anyway

by Anonymousreply 11March 16, 2023 12:18 PM

You must tell ALL of the DL

by Anonymousreply 12March 16, 2023 12:26 PM

Why not date other guys who also have HPV, OP?

by Anonymousreply 13March 16, 2023 12:49 PM

whore, if u have transmittable diseases, tell the people u r going to have sex with beforehand if u have any self respect or any respect for them. Everyone view gay men as the disease ridden sex obsessed pigs

by Anonymousreply 14March 16, 2023 12:57 PM

the aids was created by the christian scientists to killed off gay men

by Anonymousreply 15March 16, 2023 1:00 PM

I want THIS “cute” commercial instead of the one currently running where in the man with denture odor’s “teeth” announce 📣 “Earth to denture wearer, we seem to have a problem!” I would be slightly mortified to find out that my first udate has false teeth 🦷, a toupee, or any other relatively minor issue I may have to consider. But having the weight of disfiguring VD hanging over the head of a dinner date has been a reality for nearly half a century now. It’s time to demystify the issue and move forward.

by Anonymousreply 16March 16, 2023 1:11 PM

Christian science is an oxymoron.

by Anonymousreply 17March 16, 2023 1:12 PM

OP you used your hands to type this, so they know.

by Anonymousreply 18March 16, 2023 1:22 PM

You’re wrong OP. My doctor does an HPV test for me every year (butt only).

by Anonymousreply 19March 16, 2023 2:50 PM

No - nearly 90% of adults get genital warts in their lifetime or something like that. It's like getting a cold. If you've kissed more than three people, you have it at least asymptomatically. It's asymptomatic in most cases IIRC. Christians unleashed a huge stigma against all VD in our public education system because they want fornicators to be tortured for eternity by the king of all demons. Freezing is faster but you might miss a small one, use the topical solution that takes a bit longer.

by Anonymousreply 20March 16, 2023 2:55 PM

Anyone who knowingly transmits an incurable disease to another person is vile.

Yes, you are obligated to tell potential partners that you have an incurable disease.

If nothing else, don't you wish the person who gave it to you had warned you so that you could have made a knowledgeable decision about it? Perhaps, you wouldn't have to be asking this question now if that person had told you then.

by Anonymousreply 21March 16, 2023 3:00 PM

R21,

Then you would never have sex. Most people never get warts although everyone is exposed to HPV. That’s how Farrah Fawcett (and Kristi Alley?) got anal cancer.

by Anonymousreply 22March 16, 2023 9:19 PM

^^ not just exposed. Exposed to and transmitting HPV. That’s why HPV cancers are all increasing. The vaccine doesn’t cover all strains that cause cancer.

by Anonymousreply 23March 16, 2023 9:20 PM

I had it a few decades ago and nothing since. At the time the doc painted my dick which had warts with a solution for a few weeks and that was it Gone. Has never reoccured.

Some of you younger guys are the most precious snowflakes.

FYI Juan Person's first two wives died of cervical cancer. His dirty dick killed Evita!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24March 16, 2023 10:01 PM

Stop having sex OP!

by Anonymousreply 25March 16, 2023 10:19 PM

[quote] I have HPV (genital warts). Must I tell all partners?

Not at all.

Just keep having indiscriminate sex, and infect everyone you come into contact with.

That's the answer you're looking for, right?

by Anonymousreply 26March 16, 2023 10:20 PM

OP, I'd think males taking Prep would have been fully educated on all this stuff. Right?

by Anonymousreply 27March 16, 2023 10:22 PM

Yes, OP you must te!l them. What if you give it to unsuspecting partner? Why would you even consider NOT telling them?

by Anonymousreply 28March 16, 2023 10:28 PM

"It is currently estimated that about 80% of women and 90% of men will have an HPV infection at some point in their lives. However, since the introduction of the HPV vaccine, rates of HPV infection have declined."

Don't let the puritanical volcels shame you

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29March 16, 2023 10:29 PM

[quote]Don't let the puritanical volcels shame you

Perhaps if there were a little bit more shame, we wouldn't be dealing with so much shameful behavior across the board.

by Anonymousreply 30March 17, 2023 1:43 AM

Actually, the loss of shame has been a loss to civilization.

by Anonymousreply 31March 17, 2023 1:45 AM

To the OP: Geez Donovan, did you disclose you had genital warts before you married David this past weekend?

by Anonymousreply 32March 17, 2023 1:48 AM

The prissy,-pot frauen have arrived.

by Anonymousreply 33March 17, 2023 4:56 AM

I thought I read somewhere that condoms aren’t effective against spreading genital warts, the virus is microscopically small enough to penetrate the skin of the condom.

by Anonymousreply 34March 17, 2023 5:09 AM

Anyone who sleeps with you should bath in lysol bleach to get rid of your deceased wrench.

by Anonymousreply 35March 17, 2023 10:02 AM

r34 It's transmitted via skin-to-skin contact. The virus can be present on areas not covered by a condom.

by Anonymousreply 36March 17, 2023 10:47 AM

For the love of god, OP!

Not only is yours a lengthy post about unseemly condition, your text is an abomination of syntax and lexis, not to mention typing.

Please go away.

by Anonymousreply 37March 17, 2023 11:03 AM

If I were a Maiden Auntie Daintily Proper Homosexsical dating a similar gentleman caller... And had been sullied by one, JUST ONE, fateful and ruinous frottage session during college with a dirty townie lad, resulting in a life long Condyloma acuminata infection... Then of COURSE I would divulge my disgraceful cross to bear in life to my potential paramour, and pray he might have the humanity to make suitable accommodations and take precautions.

But I was the whore of Babylon and had those suckers lasered off and they never came back. None of my hookups and fuckbuddies and boyfriends cared whatsoever about each other's dormant STIs. Happy contented sluts R Us.

by Anonymousreply 38March 17, 2023 11:10 AM

OP types like a whore. A fat whore.

by Anonymousreply 39March 17, 2023 11:11 AM

OP is a morbidly obese fatass hag who still can't fathom why gam men won't fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 40March 17, 2023 11:33 AM

OP, this post has put me right off my morning scone and oxford marmalade.

by Anonymousreply 41March 17, 2023 11:48 AM

If you've had sex with 5 people you have HPV, herpes, chlamydia and you've probably had at least one hepatitis.

by Anonymousreply 42March 17, 2023 1:00 PM

tl;dr Talk to your doctor. He should be able to give advice on whether and how you can have sex without endangering your partners. HPV viruses are also a big factor for various cancers, so it's not just about an unpleasant condition and should be taken seriously. A doctor is a right person to talk to, OP.

by Anonymousreply 43March 17, 2023 3:30 PM

I had my genital wartsh frozhen off the shhaft of my peenish!

by Anonymousreply 44March 17, 2023 3:52 PM

What r20 said. Twenty years ago, my doctor found two warts on my otherwise flawless butthole. I was majorly freaking out until he told me that over 85% of men who'd had more than one (one!) sex partner were positive for HPV. In other words, every gay man on earth. It just comes with the territory. They zapped my nether region with a miniature cattle prod and I was good to go after a month or two. There are more important things in life to worry about, OP.

by Anonymousreply 45March 17, 2023 4:09 PM

Have you considered getting Trans’d?

by Anonymousreply 46March 17, 2023 4:16 PM

My doctor does an HPV test for me every year (butt only).

That's because you're a sex worker/pron performer, it's not a test they do every year, unless you're just a regular at the baths. Or, more likely, you're just lying.

by Anonymousreply 47March 17, 2023 8:02 PM

Also it's not reportable, mean4ing your doctor doesn't report the case to the CDC, so you have to tell anyone actually. Most people have it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48March 17, 2023 8:05 PM

[quote] Twenty years ago, my doctor found two warts on my otherwise flawless butthole

You are one DELUSIONAL rotten cunt.

There's nothing "flawless" about your rancid, diseased mancunt.

by Anonymousreply 49March 17, 2023 8:07 PM

R47, I am not lying and I’ve been in a monogamous relationship for years. I’m just a gay man and we are at risk for anal cancer. My doctor explained it’s the same as women getting cervical cancer checks. He said the risk increases with age even if we don’t have new sexual partners. It’s like someone said, all gay men who had more than one sexual partner are pretty much going to get HPV and not ever know it.

by Anonymousreply 50March 17, 2023 8:41 PM

I know what I'm going to be accused of and get yelled at me, but this is one of the reasons I like the condoms.

by Anonymousreply 51March 17, 2023 8:45 PM

I took in my best friend's 25-year-old son. He doesn't have warts, but genital herpes.

It's been really tough for me having him here after he revealed he has a 10" dick and is always talking about how big he is.

I don't know if anal herpes is a thing, but not willing to find out... despite it being big and beautiful.

He showed me what the outbreak looks like.

by Anonymousreply 52March 17, 2023 8:51 PM

r51 Condoms do help reduce the risk of HPV, but not well. This is because areas affected by HPV may not be covered by a condom, so you can still get it with a condom.

Honestly, the 100% effective method of protecting oneself from HPV is to have no sexual contact with a male (or anyone who has had sexual contact with a male) of any kind. This is because there is no test for males, and males can be asymptomatic carriers and spread it. Basically, to be considered 100% protected, you'd have to be a virgin.

Obviously, this isn't a reasonable or viable solution for everyone. Therefore, if you're a bottom, you should get regular HPV/anal cancer screenings. If you're a top, always wear a condom and be mindful of any "unusual growths" around your groin area.

by Anonymousreply 53March 17, 2023 8:56 PM

Say hi to Joel for us.

by Anonymousreply 54March 17, 2023 8:56 PM

^ Source:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55March 17, 2023 8:56 PM

Yes, I know all that Dr. R53. Skip the patient lecture and just say you think condoms are stupid and useless and I'll just say I don't.

by Anonymousreply 56March 17, 2023 8:57 PM

r56 Calm down and stop jumping to melodramatic conclusions. Obviously, I don't think condoms are stupid and useless. How retarded is that?

Frankly, my own personal solution is permanent abstinence. I'm a lesbian but I'm not a gold star. I've been paranoid about suddenly getting a positive pap since my first encounter with a male. Now, I don't bother with anyone. This shit is literally everywhere. I'm aware this is extreme and not for everyone, but I'm abnormally afraid of STDs and STIs.

by Anonymousreply 57March 17, 2023 9:01 PM

About as retarded as you, given your strategy for self protection.

I must say, that abstinence hasn't done much for your charm.

by Anonymousreply 58March 17, 2023 9:03 PM

r58 Abstinence isn't a "retarded" strategy to avoid STDs and STIs. That is literally the only 100% effective method. It is just irrational. What's irrational is my level of fear of catching STDs and STIs which causes this extreme mitigation measure. I'm not the only person like this, either. It's a form of nosophobia. That I don't deny.

by Anonymousreply 59March 17, 2023 9:05 PM

r47 what test does your doctor do on your hole?

Anal pap smears hurt like hell. The results are for the scraped cells and if the are normal or abnormal.

by Anonymousreply 60March 17, 2023 9:14 PM

R60-

It’s a pap and also tests for a lot of the types of HPV that cause cancer. It does hurt like hell, but it’s 5 seconds and I’m sure cancer is worse.

by Anonymousreply 61March 17, 2023 9:32 PM

[quote] It's been really tough for me having him here after he revealed he has a 10" dick and is always talking about how big he is.

Any updates to share, r52?

by Anonymousreply 62June 14, 2023 9:31 PM

The anal pap smear ( called anal brushing) doesn't hurt that much, so don't let that interfere with your getting the procedure ( if you bottom).

[quote]That's because you're a sex worker/pron performer, it's not a test they do every year, unless you're just a regular at the baths. Or, more likely, you're just lying.

Alas, more ignorant falsehoods. If you don't know, then just keep your ignorance to yourself. You can request the test or, if your dr is up on the latest, he/she might suggest it to you. If nothing is found, then you don't have to repeat it the next year.

Anal brushing detects the presence of Atypical Squamous Cells of Undetermined Significance, which could possibly lead to cancer. It's not too common, but is possible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63June 14, 2023 9:55 PM

I just had an anoscopy due to anal cancer, it wasn't a big deal but did hurt a little, gay men should get them or get cancer like me, just saying.

by Anonymousreply 64June 15, 2023 4:46 PM

I have a lez friend who has herpes and had Hep C years ago before the cure. She felt she didn't have to tell any of her partners.

My trust and respect for her suffered greatly.

Yes, tell your partners, you filthy gutter wench!

by Anonymousreply 65June 15, 2023 11:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!