Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful Friends - Bill Murray's Snedens, NY Home Listed For $2 Million

Not too bad, not at all vulgar as one would otherwise imagine.

Upstate NY is full of communities with these wonderful old homes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20March 17, 2023 5:05 PM

From NY Post:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 16, 2023 3:06 AM

Looks like this home was for sale back in 2018 and was under contract. Wonder what's going on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2March 16, 2023 3:12 AM

Bill Murray's new digs...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3March 16, 2023 3:13 AM

He looks as old as the house.

by Anonymousreply 4March 16, 2023 3:15 AM

Bill Murray’s former home? He last owned it thirty-three years ago!

Jesus Christ! If the fact the Bill Murray probably did a bunch a blow in a house a third of a century ago is your lede, maybe you’re asking too much for it.

by Anonymousreply 5March 16, 2023 3:16 AM

The house for sale is not a "mansion".

by Anonymousreply 6March 16, 2023 3:16 AM

Very tasteful. Love all the light in the kitchen and eating area (hell, throughout the house), the floors, the architectural details, the attic room.

by Anonymousreply 7March 16, 2023 3:18 AM

"The home once included a bathtub previously owned by Uma Thurman."

by Anonymousreply 8March 16, 2023 3:23 AM

With his reputation for being a major shit I bet his former neighbors are glad he's gone.

by Anonymousreply 9March 16, 2023 3:24 AM

Nice place! Murray never slimed it!

by Anonymousreply 10March 16, 2023 3:27 AM

Yea but who would want to live in upstate in New York.

by Anonymousreply 11March 16, 2023 3:28 AM

R11

You'd be surprised!

While supposed Snedes Landing and other places less than 20 miles above George Washington Bridge are "upstate" many areas historically long were popular destinations for New Yorkers. This either as full time residences or county homes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12March 16, 2023 3:34 AM

R12 Anywhere 20 miles from the George Washington Bridge is not upstate New York to me. And I may be wrong historically but with all the development. NY is a huge state. You can drive 8hrs in it before reaching Canada.

by Anonymousreply 13March 16, 2023 3:37 AM

Even further upstate places such as Kingston have seen huge influxes of people from downstate (such as NYC) lately. So much so it is causing all sorts of tensions as these often monied outsiders are buying up property and or pushing up rents.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14March 16, 2023 3:38 AM

I guess in N.Y. state a modest 4-bedroom home is now considered a mansion, and a 10-bedroom mansion is now considered a compound because, in the city, a walk-in closet is considered a studio apartment.

by Anonymousreply 15March 16, 2023 3:49 AM

what's dl opinion on this house

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16March 17, 2023 5:41 AM

^ Beautiful

by Anonymousreply 17March 17, 2023 6:03 AM

R17 yes indeed. I want that in my mansion when I’m rich.

by Anonymousreply 18March 17, 2023 4:56 PM

It's quite lovely. Not what I'd expect of him.

by Anonymousreply 19March 17, 2023 5:02 PM

Any photos of his place in Charleston?

by Anonymousreply 20March 17, 2023 5:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!