Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why do people hate Beyoncé?

I get not liking her music but why do some people seem to make a point out of hating her? She’s pretty hardworking and fun as far as pop stars go and even if it fake at least some of the stuff she brings attention to is positive. Maybe she can’t sing that well but she can dance and put on quite a show. She’s been in the business over two decades and deserves respect. It’s not like she’s some hooker who just randomly showed up on the scene like Rita Ora.

by Anonymousreply 34March 18, 2023 5:07 PM

She's a rapper right?

by Anonymousreply 1March 16, 2023 12:59 AM

Because she's egotistical, full of herself, phony, fake, illiterate, conceited, and selfish.

And that's just for starters.

by Anonymousreply 2March 16, 2023 1:03 AM

People hate her because she’s all style and no substance. I’d rather listen to that hooker you referred to if she’s got more talent than she has production values.

by Anonymousreply 3March 16, 2023 1:03 AM

She’s a marketing and media creation treated as a musical goddess.

She has a flat voice with little range.

One song requires 25 writers and 200 producers, including her so she can have publishing right$.

She hasn’t had a catchy song since “Single Ladies” more than a decade ago.

Essentially, there’s no there there.

by Anonymousreply 4March 16, 2023 1:03 AM

She and her "husband" are soulless greed merchants who are as self-deluded as Maggot Markle and others of the ilk.

by Anonymousreply 5March 16, 2023 1:06 AM

A lot of people here hate black women. Ask Viola Davis or Angela Bassett

by Anonymousreply 6March 16, 2023 1:07 AM

Of course R5 rants against not one but two black women. Bet you love Prince Andrew

by Anonymousreply 7March 16, 2023 1:07 AM

OP We have talked about this before.

by Anonymousreply 8March 16, 2023 1:12 AM

She is a Whore, darling.

by Anonymousreply 9March 16, 2023 1:30 AM

I don't hate her but her cult is so obnoxious and toxic. I think most people respect her hard work and see her as talented. But there's this inflated importance that is assigned to her by the media that feels forced. It's all smoke-and-mirrors. The fact she can't even give an interview and explain her work and barely promotes her stuff makes her come across as out-of-touch to the normal person.

by Anonymousreply 10March 17, 2023 9:29 PM

I don't hate her, I just think she's overrated.

by Anonymousreply 11March 17, 2023 9:31 PM

Destiny's Child had more classics than Beyonce has in her solo career. Beyonce just has "Crazy in Love" and "Single Ladies". And maybe "Halo."

Kelly Rowland has hits like "Dilemma" that still sounds fresh. Nobody hates Kelly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12March 17, 2023 9:32 PM

Agree with R11, also her PR is over the top. She's nowhere near as talented as Aretha Franklin or Ella Fitzgerald to name a few.

by Anonymousreply 13March 17, 2023 9:34 PM

R2 Beyoncé is one the most humble super famous women of all time. She doesn’t do it for the awards. She like a female athlete, she loves doing this shit. She loves putting on shows, she loves entertaining, she loves re-inventing r&b. The halo of her light will shine until the end of time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14March 17, 2023 10:13 PM

R4 yo stankin sass. She has one of the most powerful voices in all of pop music. Nothing about her voice is flat. Fix ya fkin ears.

by Anonymousreply 15March 17, 2023 10:14 PM

Break my soul #1 on the charts. Cuff It #6. Drunk In love #2. Her duet with Ed Sheeran #1 on the charts. Stop these fkin lies.

by Anonymousreply 16March 17, 2023 10:15 PM

R9 Name one other famous man that she fucked because I’m positive yo stankin ass doesn’t know who Marques Houston is.

by Anonymousreply 17March 17, 2023 10:17 PM

R12 If I were a Boy, Baby Boy, Drunk In Love, Break My Soul, Formation, Naughty Girl, Love on Top

You tried it.

by Anonymousreply 18March 17, 2023 10:18 PM

R13 She’s more talented than those immensely talented women because they could only do one genre of music.

by Anonymousreply 19March 17, 2023 10:20 PM

Bad breath and her pussy stinks.

by Anonymousreply 20March 17, 2023 10:27 PM

I don’t really think about her to be fair.

When she pops up in my life I just roll my eyes and continue on.

If someone online starts a thread about her though, I will proudly state my “Beyoncé sucks and hasn’t had a memorable hit in eons so calm down Beyniac” boundaries.

by Anonymousreply 21March 17, 2023 10:35 PM

If most of you racist fucks on here ever saw her live you would see what the big deal is. She is an incredible performer.

by Anonymousreply 22March 17, 2023 10:41 PM

So is Tori Amos. You go and see her? Why are you racist against whites?

by Anonymousreply 23March 17, 2023 10:43 PM

R22 Haha, Easy now. I don’t think they’re racist. Yea maybe the Klan grannies on the high profile threads but most Beyoncé destractors aren’t racist. Hell as much as black people love her a lot of older black women do not like her.

People often compare Queen Bey to MJ, but she is more polarizing. Hell Whitney was more universally liked even as she became increasingly addicted to crack.

People hate it or are dubious of something they’ve never seen before. No critically lauded, high selling black woman has ever demanded and garnered this much respect in the industry. And she married to a black man, that is also super powerful. And she’s crossover pretty, dam near beautiful. She sells out all over the world while still crafting songs that interpolate how black people, black Americans really talk.

by Anonymousreply 24March 17, 2023 10:48 PM

I don't think it's really her.

I think it's the faux reverence we're all supposed to have for her. And if we don't bend the knee to her almighty amazingness, we're the problem.

by Anonymousreply 25March 17, 2023 10:52 PM

We don't hate her OP, but we DETEST you.

by Anonymousreply 26March 17, 2023 10:54 PM

folie de grandeur.

by Anonymousreply 27March 17, 2023 11:00 PM

Bitch stole my act, and my career!

by Anonymousreply 28March 17, 2023 11:17 PM

During Destiny's Child's heyday, I remember preferring Kelly's vocals to Beyonce's. Listen to their cover of Emotion: Kelly sounds so much more natural than Beyonce, who completely over-sings her part.

(With hindsight, that video is somewhat hilarious, with the death of Michelle's granny being lumped in with Kelly & Beyonce's teen romantic dramas.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29March 18, 2023 12:11 AM

Because she's a soulless automaton.

by Anonymousreply 30March 18, 2023 1:45 AM

R18 I'm sorry but most of those songs were forgettable and of the time. A lot of 2000s pop was like this. Not singling her out. "Love on Top" was a good song and her best album in my opinion was 4 but most people forgot about that album. Nothing from Lemonade or self-titled aged well.

Her only songs that endured where "Crazy in Love", "Single Ladies", "Me, Myself and I", "Irreplaceable" and "Halo." You still hear these on the radio, at parties and if you ask people on the street about Beyonce, they tend to come up.

by Anonymousreply 31March 18, 2023 12:05 PM

Why do Beyhive stans think it's racist to not like her? You guys are the biggest racists because you're obsessed with this one light skinned woman and ignore the black female singers who predate her and who coexist with her. Many people like Jennifer Hudson, Toni Braxton, Jill Scott, Jazmine Sullivan, Ari Lennox, Summer Walker, SZA, Joyce Wrice and Muni Long and may not like Beyoncé.

by Anonymousreply 32March 18, 2023 12:09 PM

Because Blue Ivy is a stupid name.

by Anonymousreply 33March 18, 2023 5:03 PM

She is too manufactured and lack authentic rebelleness. I don't think Beyonce knows who Beyonce really is.

by Anonymousreply 34March 18, 2023 5:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!