Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"Is starving really wellness?": Goop SLAMMED after sharing 'daily wellness routine'

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328March 22, 2023 4:10 PM

I'm looking forward to trying something she wholeheartedly recommended: having ozone blown up my bunghole.

by Anonymousreply 1March 15, 2023 4:46 PM

It should be noted she's not wearing any make-up, but even so, she looks awful.

Her lips are thin, she looks emaciated, and her hair is limp and sparse.

by Anonymousreply 2March 15, 2023 4:48 PM

Jees, what an utterly joyless life.

by Anonymousreply 3March 15, 2023 4:50 PM

Back in 2010, she said she fractured bones and was diagnosed with osteopenia, the precursor to osteoporosis. She blamed having followed the macrobiotic diet trend.

And since then, she's been selling dangerous diet trends.

She said having ozone blown up her asshole "has helped a lot." Helped with what? Is something medically wrong with her or just psychologically?

by Anonymousreply 4March 15, 2023 4:57 PM

It's bizarre that she eats almost nothing and what she does eat has to be pristine nutritionally, but then she is always doing intravenous infusions of unpronouncable chemicals. She was literally having an IV infusion during that interview above and she says she does them every fay. The woman must have as many holes as a heroin addict.

by Anonymousreply 5March 15, 2023 5:01 PM

Mmmmm, bone broth soup! Grab a big bowl for lunch!

by Anonymousreply 6March 15, 2023 5:01 PM

R6 The amazing thing is that that is how she breaks her daily intermittent fast. She basically eats once a day and is completely obsessive about it.

by Anonymousreply 7March 15, 2023 5:06 PM

She doesn’t look Karen Carpenter-like whatsoever. She’s a healthy weight so she’s definitely not starving calorie wise. She may not get the nutrients she needs, but that’s another issue. It would nice if more women were like Goop and didn’t overeat so much.

by Anonymousreply 8March 15, 2023 5:07 PM

I think she’s always looked this way. She doesn’t appear emaciated to me, I think blondes have a very short shelf life, they don’t age well.

The biggest thing that irritates me are the IV’s!!! I NEED IV’s, they would change the quality of my life! But guess what? I can’t afford them. If you ate only bone broth, I promise you that IV’s would ensure that you have the energy to exercise and function throughout your day.

If anyone knows a less expensive IV service, I’m all ears. I found one for maybe $200, but who can afford that once per week? Others I found were $800!!! I just want to learn how to do it myself.

by Anonymousreply 9March 15, 2023 5:08 PM

Whatever she's doing isn't making her look very good.

by Anonymousreply 10March 15, 2023 5:09 PM

She looks pretty good here, before the pandemic.

She really doesn't look well in that wacky new 'wellness' video, but it may be that she has no makeup on and is showing a mix of aging and...what anti-aging procedures look like under the makeup. She has said she 'gets lasers' and has had other nonsurgical procedures.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11March 15, 2023 5:11 PM

She looks exhausted.

by Anonymousreply 12March 15, 2023 5:11 PM

And exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 13March 15, 2023 5:12 PM

R9 All mainstream medical doctors I have ever heard comment on nutritional/lifestyle IVs say to avoid, avoid, avoid. Oral vitamins work as well as intravenous ones, and there's always a risk of a healthcare-associated infection every time a needle sticks you. What healthy person would choose to be plugged into an IV bag every day?

by Anonymousreply 14March 15, 2023 5:13 PM

She doesn't want to risk looking bloated from swallowing a whole big multivitamin, fat sow R14!

by Anonymousreply 15March 15, 2023 5:16 PM

She’s only just begun, to starve

White lace and bone broth soup

No kiss for luck, too many calories

(She’s only just begun)

by Anonymousreply 16March 15, 2023 5:21 PM

Why do they do these "What you eat in a day" for people like her or Kate Hudson or other rich celebs. They're not just starving themselves, they're eating highly nutritional superfoods and doing very expensive treatments that regular people can't afford. If a regular person starved themselves, they would be thin, but they would look terrible, probably have brittle bones and possible cognitive issues.

by Anonymousreply 17March 15, 2023 5:24 PM

It's not so much she looks emaciated or too thin, it's that she looks exhausted like anorexics begin to look. I know this is a Mary! comment, but she used to have at least a little glow about her, even without make-up. Now she looks like a corpse.

by Anonymousreply 18March 15, 2023 5:28 PM

Don't forget that she also smokes cigs.

by Anonymousreply 19March 15, 2023 5:30 PM

She's a smoker? And she's telling the rest of us how to live a healthy life? That's even more ridiculous than when she said she feeds her kids unseasoned steamed squash and brown rice, and when they're desperate for something more substantial, she gives them big sugar-laden frosted cupcakes.

by Anonymousreply 20March 15, 2023 5:33 PM

[quote]She's a smoker?

Yes. It partially accounts for her sallow, dull, wrinkled appearance.

by Anonymousreply 21March 15, 2023 5:37 PM

I think she used to be a smoker in her 20’s. I could swear she talked about her smoking days with derision, but I may not be remembering that right.

[quote] It's bizarre that she eats almost nothing and what she does eat has to be pristine nutritionally, but then she is always doing intravenous infusions of unpronouncable chemicals. She was literally having an IV infusion during that interview above and she says she does them every fay

It freaks me [italic]out[/italic] that celebrities now stick an IV in their arms like it’s normal. That is not normal! That is very fucked up. It [italic]looks[/italic] fucked up. Bone broth soup for lunch and vegetables for dinner is not a healthy amount of food.

by Anonymousreply 22March 15, 2023 5:41 PM

I've never really had a problem with Gwyneth. Enjoyed her in quite a few movies; she never really bothered me when being interviewed in more mainstream settings while promoting a movie or show. Never really deep dove into her GOOP wellness and lifestyle world. This doesn't make me hate her, but does make me view her as a little off and kooky.

by Anonymousreply 23March 15, 2023 5:49 PM

She never had a chunky or fat phase, did she? She comes across as someone who developed body issues because of she was formerly fat and is terrified of going back. I guess she's just terrified of getting there in the first place. I don't really think she looks bad all things considered - 50, thin, blonde, super strict eater. Not that she looks great.

by Anonymousreply 24March 15, 2023 5:52 PM

I can't imagine having that kind of money and being able to afford to dine at the finest restaurants around the world and employ the finest personal Chefs yet having to subsist on next to nothing, just bland vegetation and liquid.

by Anonymousreply 25March 15, 2023 5:52 PM

Women who are stupid enough to listen to her deserve to look as awful as she does.

by Anonymousreply 26March 15, 2023 5:53 PM

R3, I agree . Her eyes show emptiness and sadness

by Anonymousreply 27March 15, 2023 5:54 PM

R9- Blonds have a short shelf life- they do

just like GAY males

by Anonymousreply 28March 15, 2023 5:54 PM

R25, eating disorders usually are a result of childhood trauma. I suspect she was sexually abused

by Anonymousreply 29March 15, 2023 5:55 PM

What's her exercise regimen like? It's hard to exercise intensely when you're not eating much.

by Anonymousreply 30March 15, 2023 5:55 PM

I was intrigued by the IVs, but good points made about the risks. And don’t the veins need time to recover? Not for me after all.

by Anonymousreply 31March 15, 2023 5:56 PM

R25 Chicken isn’t vegetation. She eats a lot of chicken and other meat products. I don’t know where this perception of her as a vegetarian comes from.

by Anonymousreply 32March 15, 2023 5:57 PM

[quote]This doesn't make me hate her, but does make me view her as a little off and kooky.

She sells snake-oil nostrums (along with vagina-scented candles) at inflated prices, and bases her advice on truly bad, sometimes dangerous medical notions. She's not just kooky, she's a con artist who acts the role of the kooky rich girl.

by Anonymousreply 33March 15, 2023 6:03 PM

I’m tempted to view her as a menace but how dumb would you have to be to buy her products or emulate her diet.

The sticking point for me is, if you don’t enjoy what you’re doing, and you don’t look good because of what you’re doing, in what sense does what you’re doing create “wellness?” You’re slogging through a routine that is in itself an ordeal for — what?

by Anonymousreply 34March 15, 2023 6:12 PM

she looks terrible

by Anonymousreply 35March 15, 2023 6:15 PM

As the smokin' Margot Tenenbaum.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36March 15, 2023 6:17 PM

I would love to know WHO supports her? Who are these vapid fraus buying her crap and steaming their coozes? I just envision a sea of unhappy Bethany Frankel lookalikes with oversized men’s glasses and yoga pants anxiously hanging on her every word.

Who is more exhausting, Paltrow or Roxanne Gay? At least Roxanne is funny.

by Anonymousreply 37March 15, 2023 6:19 PM

She looks fine here and this was posted two months ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38March 15, 2023 6:23 PM

She smoked in the 2018 Goop piece in the New York Times.

by Anonymousreply 39March 15, 2023 6:36 PM

Regarding the no makeup thing: I think she looks better than most of the makeup-spackled Kardashian looking women who attended the Vanity Fair party. She looks healthy and attractive for her age. People age. Get over it.

by Anonymousreply 40March 15, 2023 6:37 PM

It's brave of her to be photographed sans makeup. That's confidence. It's a shield for (many/most) women.

Her mom's thin. That's probably where she picked up her eating habits. And then, took it up a notch or two.

by Anonymousreply 41March 15, 2023 6:51 PM

R4 I would bet the smoking was a big contributor to the osteopenia.

by Anonymousreply 42March 15, 2023 6:58 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43March 15, 2023 6:59 PM

She should switch to Ozempic and oral vitamins.

by Anonymousreply 44March 15, 2023 7:10 PM

I posted the photo at R43 to show how gnarled Gwyneth's feet look. Why take such good care of the rest of your body and your feet look like that?

by Anonymousreply 45March 15, 2023 7:13 PM

"She sells snake-oil nostrums (along with vagina-scented candles) at inflated prices, and bases her advice on truly bad, sometimes dangerous medical notions. She's not just kooky, she's a con artist who acts the role of the kooky rich girl. "

True, but it's an area of consumerism that I can't sympathize with the buyers. If they can't figure out that it's BS, they deserved to be conned.

by Anonymousreply 46March 15, 2023 7:26 PM

I wonder why she doesn’t get rid of the unflattering middle part.

by Anonymousreply 47March 15, 2023 7:52 PM

She also associated with covidiots.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48March 15, 2023 7:55 PM

Right R43. She's an actress and nepo baby. Why anyone would trust her word about medicine, health, nutrition, anything is just...

If she were so well she wouldn't need to have so much work done: botox, fillers, surgery, whatever else. She's just 50, a decent (and accessible to many people) diet of fresh foods from the grocery store, hydration, exercise, and using moisturizer would have her looking better than she does.

by Anonymousreply 49March 15, 2023 8:11 PM

The behavior she describes in the podcast is 100% eating disordered. Nothing but bone broth and vegetables, an hour of exercise each day, and on top of that, fasting and cleansing? Cleansing from what??

That's IF we believe her. I'm not sure I do.

Oh and PS: the accompanying pictures in OP's link make her look awful...old and tired.

by Anonymousreply 50March 15, 2023 8:17 PM

I think she could gain 15-20 lbs and look fine.

by Anonymousreply 51March 15, 2023 8:20 PM

She’s thin but I think what freaks me out too is that if she eats as little as she says, why isn’t she thinner? She doesn’t look anorexic.

by Anonymousreply 52March 15, 2023 8:25 PM

JLo looks younger than her

by Anonymousreply 53March 15, 2023 8:32 PM

you know who looks really good? Christy turlington. she supposedly is all natural, aging gracefully. I wonder what she is doing.

by Anonymousreply 54March 15, 2023 8:42 PM

R53 We don't know what J Lo looks like without makeup

by Anonymousreply 55March 15, 2023 8:46 PM

I just suffered through the part of the podcast about her diet.

Leave it to the Daily Mail. They only mentioned vegetables for dinner but she actually said vegetables, “fish or birds,” and sweet potato noodles or Siete tortillas.

When I heard her say “birds,” this immediately popped into my mind:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56March 15, 2023 8:47 PM

She really is just the worst, isn't she...

by Anonymousreply 57March 15, 2023 8:54 PM

There is nothing likeable about her

by Anonymousreply 58March 15, 2023 8:56 PM

Remember too that these celebs *never* share their insider secrets. Like her smoking as an appetite suppressant. I guarantee she uses a lot of drugs in order to function. How do you exercise with only bone broth? Drugs! I’m not necessarily saying illegal drugs (though it would not shock me at all!).

She has access to the newest, most cutting-edge pharmaceuticals available. I’m sure she’s pushed nootropics in the past, but I cannot believe she’s able to workout with no food in her body without the help of some type of stimulant. Also, the drugs could just be what’s in her “IV” bags she gets DAILY. Flip side, if you are fully hydrated, fully nourished, you may be able to exercise too, in spite of not actually eating.

This bitch is a con. Nothing more, nothing less. That’s why she’s so “respected” in the industry. It’s an industry of Cons.

by Anonymousreply 59March 15, 2023 9:08 PM

[quote]Remember too that these celebs *never* share their insider secrets.

Agreed. That's why I never understood why any woman would buy a celebrity's skincare line. As if anyone believes your overpriced "serum" is all you use.

by Anonymousreply 60March 15, 2023 9:11 PM

She's on an IV everyday? Extreme fetishism of bland rich lady with too much time on her hands. Pathetic yet laughable.

by Anonymousreply 61March 15, 2023 9:12 PM

Perhaps she going after the old adage “you can never be too rich or to thin” to prove it wrong?

by Anonymousreply 62March 15, 2023 9:13 PM

All I've ever used on my face is good old Ivory soap! That and avoiding the sun and good genes have made me very happy and vital and, some say, stunning into my 50s!

by Anonymousreply 63March 15, 2023 9:20 PM

Up next; GOOP endorses leeching!

by Anonymousreply 64March 15, 2023 9:20 PM

She’s not nearly as thin as she was in her 20s. She’s actually at a pretty normal slash thin weight. But if she’s getting to an age where she has to go through all that just to maintain the weight she is, that’s a bitch.

I also just think she’s one of those woman whom the difference between made up and not is enormous - some people are like that. Made up she still looks pretty good - although I agree she really has lost a lot of her looks.

by Anonymousreply 65March 15, 2023 9:23 PM

IV's? Daily? That's insane

by Anonymousreply 66March 15, 2023 9:23 PM

🎵 Her hair is Harlowe gold... She's got Courtney Cobain veins... 🎵

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67March 15, 2023 9:36 PM

I thought that was Anne Hehe in OP’s photo.

by Anonymousreply 68March 15, 2023 9:43 PM

R68 Ann Heche had a lot more color...third degree, in fact

by Anonymousreply 69March 15, 2023 9:45 PM

Remember who else was on daily IVs?

Wacko Jacko.

by Anonymousreply 70March 15, 2023 9:46 PM

You'd look like that too if you spent as much time as she did listening to Coldplay.

by Anonymousreply 71March 15, 2023 9:48 PM

No amount of flaxseed, chiaseed, etc is going to make someone that pale, age well. You're just doomed to look like you were put into a dehydrator.

by Anonymousreply 72March 15, 2023 9:53 PM

R72 tell that to 10 years older Julianne Moore. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 73March 15, 2023 10:04 PM

My SIL is obsessed with food. What it costs, how to make it, hers is the best and the smartest. She’s a mediocre cook but believes she’s incredibly healthy. She also smokes. I was telling a doctor once about how she was staying at my house and was obsessed with food and he said, “Is she anorexic or obese?” And I realized oh wow…they’re the same thing. They’re both unhealthy food obsessions. Either overindulging yourself or starving yourself is sick, obsessive behavior.

Paltrow is obviously obsessed with food and with her insides. She’s always “detoxing,” “purging,” “cleansing,” sticking eggs up her vadge, shoving ozone up her ass. She is stuck at some infantile stage regarding food, poo poo, pee pee, coochie, hiney. It’s embarrassing

by Anonymousreply 74March 15, 2023 10:13 PM

She has been very dry the past few years - the mother looks fresher.

by Anonymousreply 75March 15, 2023 10:18 PM

She created a 'wellness' brand and called it GOOP, of all things, and it took off.

It has lasted longer and made more money than Trump University.

Goop is worth $250 million and makes an annual $18 million profit.

by Anonymousreply 76March 15, 2023 10:37 PM

Thank God for Gwen.She always brings the crazy. Happy it’s not another Jamie Lee Curtis topic.

by Anonymousreply 77March 15, 2023 10:40 PM

Pale skin per se doesn’t age badly, provided you avoid suntanning and wear sunscreen. Paltrow looks like someone who tanned thoughout her teens and throughout her thirties and then discovered” sunscreen in her 40s.

by Anonymousreply 78March 15, 2023 11:08 PM

She’s under the impression that UV rays only hit specific parts of her face, so she just applies it those areas—basically the tiniest little dot on her nose before swiping her dry fingers across her cheekbones.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79March 15, 2023 11:26 PM

It looks like she had eyelid surgery. And she has that weird augmented space between her nose and lips that overbotoxed older women get.

by Anonymousreply 80March 16, 2023 12:02 AM

R80 she had a lot of surgery and fillers done about 10 years ago. She had the puffy post surgery look for a while.

by Anonymousreply 81March 16, 2023 12:21 AM

Her nose is huge and you can get away with that when you’re young and dewy and modelesque but when you hit middle age not so much

by Anonymousreply 82March 16, 2023 12:55 AM

[quote] She said having ozone blown up her asshole "has helped a lot." Helped with what?

Her asshole-ozone shortage, of course.

by Anonymousreply 83March 16, 2023 1:10 AM

Remember the 80s when there was a hole in the ozone instead of ozone in Goop's hole?

by Anonymousreply 84March 16, 2023 1:16 AM

👍👏🏽🤡

by Anonymousreply 85March 16, 2023 1:21 AM

Gwyneth "Osteoporosis" Paltrow.

by Anonymousreply 86March 16, 2023 1:29 AM

I think her routine is working for her... but as an expert in the food deprivation technique, I think she still has a ways to go.

by Anonymousreply 87March 16, 2023 1:35 AM

I was watching her on Shark Tank and noticed the camera never panned to her taking a bite of the food sample (like they do for every other shark). Someone should tell her she wouldn't have to get all those IVs if she just, you know, ate some food.

by Anonymousreply 88March 16, 2023 1:40 AM

She was never a beauty

by Anonymousreply 89March 16, 2023 1:56 AM

That last photo looks like who let the dog out !

by Anonymousreply 90March 16, 2023 2:06 AM

R88 she’s naturally tall and lanky though so I really don’t understand the insecurity, the way I would with , say , some short dumpy Italian like Valerie Bertinelli. She’s someone who even if she’s not as stick thin as she was in her 20s I don’t think could ever heavier than “real life thin.”

by Anonymousreply 91March 16, 2023 2:20 AM

I like her looks and prefer the natural aging look compared to the airbrushed whores who permeate our lives. Her lips look like normal lips. It pisses me off that what people have lived with since the beginning of time—unaltered lips and asses are now considered ugly, flat, thin. I never noticed people’s lips and eyebrows growing up— no one did pre Kardashian/social media. She obviously would look better with some makeup on like most women do, but I’m cool with bare skin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92March 16, 2023 2:57 AM

She could look better, but, amazingly, while I don't think she looks great, I really don't think she looks THAT bad, even without makeup - especially considering that she's a pale white woman, 50 years old, who smokes (or at least did for a long time), and has major food issues.

Does anyone know anything about how Blythe was when middle aged? I don't remember Blythe ever looking truly bad as she aged, and maybe Gwen will be lucky to follow in mom's footsteps.

by Anonymousreply 93March 16, 2023 4:52 AM

I don't think she could look better than she does in the talk show interviews of the past few months. Makeup and studio lighting show her to be very well maintained at 50, even if you don't find her features attractive. We are not used to seeing women over 35 or so without any makeup on camera—in real life, yes, but we don't translate that to celebrities, even including politicians. But we are all organic living beings that deteriorate with age. My father and I discussed the shock of seeing Nancy Pelosi without her makeup artist's deft hand during the pandemic, even though we knew she was an old lady underneath the makeup. When she painted it on herself (or her husband did it)—jarring.

Gwyneth is 50 years old and she looks exactly like Gwyneth Paltrow. That is kind of impressive in and of itself. She doesn't show a lot of signs of aging one might expect, and yet she does look older and not at all disfigured like a lot of celebrity women begin to look at her age these days. When she does put on makeup, she does look younger than her true years and she is entirely recognizable as the same face from 20 years ago.

Madonna has 10 years on her and so it's not exactly a like comparison, but so far, I think Gwyneth is managing the visible signs of aging pretty well for a lunatic narcissist. Her lifestyle fads are really, really strange, though.

I think if she were not sitting there announcing she is hooked up to hospital equipment, receiving IV hydration and nutrition, and bragging about starving herself for 'wellness,' we probably would see her less harshly than we do. As people have said here, she doesn't outwardly look like she is starving. Not only must she be getting nutrition from IVs, but she looks like she is getting sufficient calories somehow at some time of the day.

What I wonder about her is whether she is:

A) A complete fraud who eats ice cream sandwiches and hamburgers, pays surgeons to maintian her body, and just says all this shit to sell her lifestyle cons to gullible women;

B) Seriously mentally ill and sincere; or

C) If she may have some kind of physical illness that drives her to do all these crazy things to herself. I wonder this because she contantly talks about 'maintaining my detox' and she says that the crazy colon washings and buttsmoking and IVs and so on 'really help' with her health, and every time she says that I wonder what she thinks they help *with.* Like, does she have a chronic digestive disorder or something? I know a scary number of people who do: My mother died five years ago from malnutrition due to Crohn's disease that was diagnosed way too late; my sister was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis months after my mom died after she had many years of chronic diarrhea; two of my friends have been diagnosed as gluten intolerant after all of a sudden developing chronic diarrhea and losing a ton of weight; and my new boss is thinner than Gwyneth and hardly eats anything, she says, because of a serious digestive illness—she's a smart woman with a Ph.D., an MBA, and she speaks five languages conversationally, not a gullible unthinking goopster. Maybe Gwyneth does all this because she's got some kind of sickness that drove her into alternative health world and she decided to sell it thinking she is providing a service.

by Anonymousreply 94March 16, 2023 7:05 AM

In woke world, be well my friends. Drink your broth! Stay slim!

by Anonymousreply 95March 16, 2023 7:07 AM

Are we sure she’s not using these IVs as some form of early and ongoing embalming method?

by Anonymousreply 96March 16, 2023 7:29 AM

[quote]Like, does she have a chronic digestive disorder or something?

In the podcast whence this all started, she claims that she requires cleanses; infrared saunas and blankets; phosphatidylcholine and glutathione IVs; detoxes; intermittent fasting; a paleo diet; methylation-support supplements and binders, etc. because she has a terrible, awful, reallyreallyreallysuperbad MTHFR mutation which doesn't allow her very special and unique body to detoxify itself like everyone else's. Left to her own devices, apparently, she's just a festering vat of toxins and goop.

What she was talking about—in the most hyperbolic way possible—is a variant in the MTHFR gene which changes how the body processes folate. It can be handled very simply, and it's so common that we consider it a variant rather than a mutation.

Then again, this was an Academy Award-winning actress discussing genetics with a real live chiropractor called DOCTOR Will Cole, so what do I know?

by Anonymousreply 97March 16, 2023 9:03 AM

GOOP: the gift that keeps on giving!

by Anonymousreply 98March 16, 2023 10:21 AM

The Wellness industry thrives on exaggerated claims, like GOOP’s MTHFR “mutation,” that only they can fix with their pricey alternative treatments. Remember when GOOP had the lowest vitamin D level her doctor had ever seen?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99March 16, 2023 10:38 AM

She’s just tedious.

by Anonymousreply 100March 16, 2023 10:43 AM

[quote]People are concerned about the actor's restrictive diet and called her the "ultimate almond mom," a term used on TikTok to criticize parents who pass on obsessive and disordered eating.

TikTok kids are generally awful but sometimes they come up with something funny, like "almond mom."

by Anonymousreply 101March 16, 2023 10:46 AM

R8 Oh fuck off! Nobody should be copying what Goop is doing.

R17 Katherine Heigl's diet seemed more realistic compared to other What I Eat In A Day videos.

R27 that's the price you pay for being one of Harvey's girls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102March 16, 2023 10:48 AM

I was a teacher in a combined classroom about 20 years ago and the primary teacher had a massive eating disorder that she passed on to her daughter. One day, the daughter came in for lunch with us -- we had to eat in the room with a few kids that needed supervision -- and she was terrified of everyone. I was the chubby gay and she kept snarling at my salad dressing, which was a little Ranch with some salsa (which is delicious, by the way). She asked the black teacher if she was having ribs for lunch. She told the older teacher that "I guess it's okay if old people get fat." Then she ate a single baby carrot for lunch.

It was so bad that Social Services got called by someone and the teacher and her husband moved several states away.

by Anonymousreply 103March 16, 2023 10:52 AM

[quote]Left to her own devices, apparently, she's just a festering vat of toxins and goop.

I mean...

by Anonymousreply 104March 16, 2023 10:53 AM

THE JOY OF COOKING used to recommend broth as a nutritious pick-me-up until a scientist forced the authors to acknowledge that broth has no nutritional value whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 105March 16, 2023 11:10 AM

[quote]When I heard her say “birds,” this immediately popped into my mind:

That's a good one, r56. I heard it and immediately thought of Tracy Jordan on "30 Rock" saying "I was just thinking about how weird it is that we eat birds."

by Anonymousreply 106March 16, 2023 11:22 AM

She may be thin, but she looks gaunt and pale. Her hair looks dull and dry. Her skin has a dry pallor. She's not getting enough protein. She's ridiculous in her goopy, pseudo science lifestyle. It's not very healthy...and pushes that on gullible women, with too much money...and no sense.

by Anonymousreply 107March 16, 2023 11:55 AM

Some if you people need to understand that GP successfully tapped into and exploited the fundamental truth that women hate other women and will do anything to feel superior to them, even (one may say, especially because) it’s irrational, punishing and unsound. That’s just how they are. If GP died tomorrow from sepsis the Goop brand would still be wildly successful as there will always be a market to bilch women out of their money because of their innate self-hatred.

by Anonymousreply 108March 16, 2023 12:18 PM

[quote]bilch

Beg pardon?

by Anonymousreply 109March 16, 2023 12:20 PM

Mental illness is thy Goop.

by Anonymousreply 110March 16, 2023 12:37 PM

She's one stomach flu away from her ideal weight.

by Anonymousreply 111March 16, 2023 12:45 PM

What the fuck is an “almond Mom”?

by Anonymousreply 112March 16, 2023 12:56 PM

It was started by a woman on TikTok that used to post videos talking about celebrity eating disorders. It references that horrible Hadid mother who would tell her daughters, when they were hungry, to eat a single almond for a snack. But only if they absolutely had to.

All these people on TikTok starting coming out of the woodwork talking about growing up with a mom like that and the term “almond mom” caught on.

by Anonymousreply 113March 16, 2023 1:09 PM

Everyone is saying she looks tired. She's 50 years old. We all know fair skin white women hit a wall when it comes to looks. She sounds like a wealthy anorexic who has discovered she can get the nutrients she needs to stay a live through an IV drip.

by Anonymousreply 114March 16, 2023 1:24 PM

Is it just me or does it sound like she has the same diet as someone just coming out of a coma?

by Anonymousreply 115March 16, 2023 1:27 PM

OUT of a coma?

by Anonymousreply 116March 16, 2023 1:45 PM

R107 Not enough protein and probably too much sodium. Some bone broths contain up to 40% of your recommended intake of sodium per day. That's paving the way for high blood pressure (hypertension), heart disease, stroke and kidney stones.

by Anonymousreply 117March 16, 2023 1:49 PM

The maxim for women of Gwyneth’s world is still “you can never be too rich or too thin”

It’s not about being healthy or having a nice body because their husbands will find other, younger women for that

Gwyneth will look like this and her disciples will still buy her bullshit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118March 16, 2023 1:56 PM

Eh, I’m too busy to starve myself.

by Anonymousreply 119March 16, 2023 2:00 PM

I don't get it, R118. Gwyneth looks a little anemic and parched in her interview. Everything she says sounds borderline insane, but she is completely normal looking compared with probably most female celebrities her age, who are closer to the video you posted than she is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120March 16, 2023 2:05 PM

I love this crazy bitch

by Anonymousreply 121March 16, 2023 2:11 PM

I think she's a sex trafficker

by Anonymousreply 122March 16, 2023 2:12 PM

While R122 ponders the new QAnon Goop-izzagate theory...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123March 16, 2023 2:17 PM

Bone broth is fine if you’re coming off a stomach flu or something. I think if it’s homemade with good bones, you control the sodium, and there may be some collagen and minerals in small quantities that can be temporary nourishment. It’s in no way actual FOOD, though. The absolute faddishness of it is stupid.

by Anonymousreply 124March 16, 2023 2:39 PM

R123 oh no is that tori amos at the end?

by Anonymousreply 125March 16, 2023 2:49 PM

Poor Tori has been looking rough lately. She finally got a decent wig (instead of that discount Halloween Store wig she was wearing for a while) and glasses that hide some of the bad eye work and looks much better now.

by Anonymousreply 126March 16, 2023 2:53 PM

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

After years of watching Gwyneth Paltrow and her Goop followers starve, poke, prod, and steam themselves, actress and singer Chrissy Metz has the antidote: an exciting new lifestyle brand called CuM.

CuM (the culmination of Chrissy’s initials “C and M” and “u” wedged tightly in the middle) is where “u” can find the latest information on products, motivation, and inspiration on how to get your BMI over 50…and keep it there. You’ll learn where to buy and how to fill fashionable snack purses. Get the latest medical advice on how to keep yeast and MRSA infections in your fat rolls from turning into a 3-month hospital stay. Find fashionable tent-like coverings and caftans in every monstrous size and shape. Tips on the latest ways to attempt sex to fend off your partner threatening to leave you. Hear from our experts on how to prioritize eating over your health and well-being. And, you’ll learn to love every foot of your fabulous, stretched out, expansive, bloated body. But more importantly, you’ll learn to love food even more than you love yourself. No matter the cost.

by Anonymousreply 127March 16, 2023 2:55 PM

R127 I'm sure it will do much better than Blake Lively's attempt at being Goop 2.0 with her stupid Preserve site.

by Anonymousreply 128March 16, 2023 3:09 PM

R125 Yes, and she looks amazing now. Look at her Instagram for recent photos.

by Anonymousreply 129March 16, 2023 3:10 PM

Keep on keeping on, bitches, my entire life has been nothing but having to deal with people who are jealous of me...

by Anonymousreply 130March 16, 2023 4:42 PM

When Tori started getting serious plastic surgery she fucked up her face. She went to a butcher that just did the shittiest work. I hope she really does look better now, but it’s impossible to know what she really looks like from pics on Instagram. Most people use filters and she might too.

by Anonymousreply 131March 16, 2023 8:14 PM

A close friend of mine has been heavily into alternative health and wellness for decades. She's pretty healthy but what is interesting is how many of the teachers, shamans, healers she's followed have died before their time. I think it's a combination of smoking (many do) and ignoring western medicine. They wait too long to see doctors for their ailments. Many seem to die from cancer.

There's a big difference between welness and actually health and longevity.

by Anonymousreply 132March 16, 2023 8:56 PM

GP was in some commercial about a year ago for Uber Eats or something similar and her face looked terrible, very puffy as if full of injectibles.

by Anonymousreply 133March 16, 2023 8:56 PM

wellness and actual health....

I don't get the daily IV. That seems very crazy and dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 134March 16, 2023 8:59 PM

The "skinny" on bone broth... *ahem*

In order to avoid the sodium overload and potential lead from inferior store-bought broth, the average GOOPette would need to simmer for 24-48 hours or pressure cook bones from ”organic certified and pasture-finished beef and organic pork and poultry" quoting from the GOOP article I won't link because f*ck her for making herself and possibly other people sick…

[quote]Toxicity in animals accumulates in bones and organs. Which means that if an animal is exposed to bad stuff like heavy metals or toxic chemicals, it’s way more likely to end up in those two places than in the big muscles that we make into steaks and sausages. So, although it’s always important to eat clean meat from healthy animals, it’s especially important when it comes to bones.

[quote]On the lead issue specifically: people who are concerned about lead poisoning from bone broth often point to a 2013 study that has several flaws. The main issue is that the levels of lead found in the broth tested for this study were significantly lower than the EPA limit for lead in tap water (15 ug/L). Even if you had a cup or two of broth a day that contained the levels of lead revealed in this study, you would still be far below the EPA’s acceptable limit. So, that particular issue around lead I think is not a real problem. However, you need to be careful always around meat sourcing and particularly vigilant with the bones and offal so I recommend you always buy organic certified and pasture-finished beef and organic pork and poultry for your broths.

by Anonymousreply 135March 16, 2023 9:07 PM

I like her. I think she's a great actress, and that she was a beauty. But she looks terrible. Especially for someone who spends so much time and energy in maintenance. Her skin looks incredibly damaged. She looks unwell. Even Julia Roberts looks better.

by Anonymousreply 136March 16, 2023 9:18 PM

Wow. She's a nutter! Those Biebers receive weekly IV therapy, and I found that odd. Daily IVs are the proof she's taken shit too far. She should co-author a cookbook with Victoria Beckham.

by Anonymousreply 137March 16, 2023 9:38 PM

[quote] Is starving really wellness?

If you can afford food, but choose not to eat, then yes, it's wellness. If you worry how to get food on the table, that's survival.

Rich people can afford to eat less and pick healthy, but more expensive, food options. Poor people have to eat whatever they can afford (which is usually less healthy) and they need a lot of food to cope with the stress and hard labor.

by Anonymousreply 138March 16, 2023 9:44 PM

Fuck this world.

by Anonymousreply 139March 16, 2023 9:49 PM

This is just the modern day version of Marie Antoinette dressing up as a shepherdess with her ladies in waiting and pretending to perform chores in a make-believe hamlet built on the royal grounds of Versailles. Goop pretends to starve, while dancing as the world burns.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140March 16, 2023 9:52 PM

Remember her food stamp challenge? She got like 17 limes, some cilantro and organic rice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141March 16, 2023 9:53 PM

I've also always loved the one ear of corn she got. Every summer while I'm chowing down on three ears a night I think of Gwyneth eating ten kernels a night for a week.

by Anonymousreply 142March 16, 2023 9:58 PM

She probably hasn't aged well because she has dry, rosacea and eczema prone skin. Julianne Moore aged well because she was born with good skin and took care of it.

Melanin is but a small part of aging well.

by Anonymousreply 143March 16, 2023 10:04 PM

[quote] Even Julia Roberts looks better.

I don’t get this “even” part. She looks incredibly good (and like herself) for her age or even younger.

by Anonymousreply 144March 16, 2023 10:08 PM

R139 Are you receiving any help? If not, I hope you investigate what you may qualify for, and seek out some food banks. 🤞I hope your situation improves mate.

R138 I find your comment interesting... but shall add that I believe starving oneself is only wellness if one is seriously morbidly obese, and done in cycles under a physician's supervision. Sometimes certain individuals are required to do this before bariatric surgery. It's never endorsed long-term. Another reason some may opt for near-starvation or liquid diets is if they are unable to exercise due to their size.

by Anonymousreply 145March 16, 2023 10:09 PM

I want to be friends with you, R127!

by Anonymousreply 146March 16, 2023 10:44 PM

Typical clickbait as with all things Goop.

by Anonymousreply 147March 17, 2023 2:13 AM

[quote] - [R138] I find your comment interesting... but shall add that I believe starving oneself is only wellness if one is seriously morbidly obese, and done in cycles under a physician's supervision.

I very much disagree with that. Most people with mental illnesses like bulimia or anorexia are not morbidly obese. They aren't even poor. They have this idea in their head where getting (even more) thinner is good for them.

Wellness is about doing something what you believe is good for your mental and physical state. And yes, a lot of people do misguided things in order to reach a state of wellness.

Extreme bodybuilding mixed with steroids is another case of misguided wellness. Men believing that more and more muscles make them alpha level of well(ness).

Wellness, just like anything else, can be used by scam artists to sell you some snake oil that will put your mind and body in serious danger to make said snake oil salesman rich.

by Anonymousreply 148March 17, 2023 2:33 AM

Semi serious question - do you think it makes a difference in terms of aging - whether you’re a fair skinned brunette (of which there are plenty) Vs blonde or redhead ?

Not that GP (or most here we call “blondes”) are natural by any means, but mind you.

by Anonymousreply 149March 17, 2023 3:07 AM

Gwyneth isn't s blonde

by Anonymousreply 150March 17, 2023 3:09 AM

She looks like she smokes and drinks way more than she admits to.

by Anonymousreply 151March 17, 2023 3:10 AM

R150 I just said that! Geez

by Anonymousreply 152March 17, 2023 3:20 AM

She looks terrible lately. She looks way older than her age. She needs to eat some healthy fats.

by Anonymousreply 153March 17, 2023 3:43 AM

R153 Michelle Pfeiffer is much thinner than she is and she looks amazing. I don’t think thinness is the problem like so many here say.

by Anonymousreply 154March 17, 2023 3:58 AM

Michelle Pfeiffer has used sunblock religiously for decades. So has Julianne Moore.

by Anonymousreply 155March 17, 2023 4:02 AM

R155 right - I’m saying so many people say extreme thinness makes one age worse and I don’t think that’s necessarily true at all.

by Anonymousreply 156March 17, 2023 4:12 AM

My point is that one can be extremely thin, but it's combining it with decades of irreversable sun damage that often makes the true difference. Paltrow's deep wrinkles around her eyes are not from smiling, or from starving, as much as they're from sunning.

Even peels won't truly reverse this, or lasers. The only thing to do is to make like a victorian lady and avoid the sun at all costs from a young age.

If it's too late for that, then do not get *too* thin.

by Anonymousreply 157March 17, 2023 4:20 AM

Gwyneth looks malnourished.

You can be thin and be well-nourished, or fat and malnourished. She happens to be thin and (appears) malnourished.

by Anonymousreply 158March 17, 2023 4:20 AM

It’s her life and if she wants to survive on bone broth that’s her business but why do people want to hear about her bizarre lifestyle? I don’t get how she has fans

by Anonymousreply 159March 17, 2023 4:20 AM

[quote] It’s her life and if she wants to survive on bone broth that’s her business but why do people want to hear about her bizarre lifestyle? I don’t get how she has fans

Celebrity CULTure. People are fed up and miserable in their own lives and try to give it value, a purpose, by worshiping some higher deity, a celebrity. Fandom is a lifestyle, a cult.

by Anonymousreply 160March 17, 2023 4:35 AM

Gwyneth Paltrow has revealed to her online fans that she has a severe asshole surplus. "My doctors tested my asshole levels which turned out to be the highest thing they had never seen -- not a good thing," she said earlier this month.

by Anonymousreply 161March 17, 2023 4:38 AM

R161

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162March 17, 2023 5:26 AM

So, on TikTok, it was revealed that she has some big court case settlement coming up next week and this was all a purposeful PR move to get people wrapped up in this story and bury the other. So by the time news starts being posted about that one, people will be exhausted by her and this story and think it’s just a continuation and skip over it.

by Anonymousreply 163March 17, 2023 8:59 AM

It's the ski accident lawsuit that starts next week, the one where she collided with an elderly man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164March 17, 2023 10:18 AM

R131 I saw her in concert last spring. She sounded better than she has in years, and she looked great. She looks like an older lady now, although she has done a lot to her face to prevent any wrinkles. She did really look bizarre in the 2000s, which was crazily jarring to me because I thought she looked her best in her early 40s just before the hatchet job on her eyes, but by the mid-2010s, she looked really good again. The 'work' settled and whatever she has done sense looks good to me. She still looks like herself, and it's evident by comparing photos of her now to photos of her mom at the same age. They look a lot alike, whereas Madonna, for example, looks nothing like her sister at all.

At the concert, she unexpectedly reminded me a lot of my mom in her stature and with some gestures, which felt a bit jarring.

At least Tori has been very open with her struggles with aging. Two albums dealt heavily with depression that came with being over 50 and menopausal, and she has said she wanted to quit music but her daughter has told her she has to keep 'rocking.'

Aside from feeling bad about botched surgeries, I don't feel any judgment toward people who do them if they are honest about it. People like Madonna and Goop disturb me mainly because they appear to be living in an alternate mental dimension in which they see themselves as eternally youthful/the healthiest person on the planet while they're actually abusing their bodies. That's where I lose faith in people and feel disappointment.

by Anonymousreply 165March 17, 2023 10:20 AM

Bridget Fonda was mocked on this board. At least she’s not depriving herself. She’s living.

Imagine having all of Gwyneth’s cash and living cup of bone broth to single almond.

It’s deranged.

by Anonymousreply 166March 17, 2023 10:24 AM

A lot of studies have been done on this, and the consensus has been that restricting calories pretty severely—eating far fewer than the daily recommended allowance—is the *only* method that consistently extends lifespans.

For a person myopically focused on living a long life, even if that life means one of deprivation, being underweight and not eating enough to be considered 'normal' likely will make a person's system last longer.

It makes sense on a basic level. As long as a person has calories and nutrition enough to keep things running, systems can function without being overworked and clogged up. The more food you throw in there, the more work the body has to do processing energy and creating waste and moving it through the body, and that uses up finite resources.

Maybe Goop just wants to live forever and be an old skeleton lady slurping on bone broth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167March 17, 2023 10:27 AM

Proper care of your skin keeps aging away, for a while. And eating healthy, of course.

Of course, in this snake oil salesmen driven society, people tell you that you need some fancy product, service or diet to make it happen.

by Anonymousreply 168March 17, 2023 10:49 AM

[Quote]restricting calories pretty severely—eating far fewer than the daily recommended allowance—is the *only* method that consistently extends lifespans.

Guess I'll be outliving all you fat hoouas then!

by Anonymousreply 169March 17, 2023 12:33 PM

I would rather die happy in my 70’s than live to 100 as a malnourished, deprived, bitter, ugly person.

by Anonymousreply 170March 17, 2023 1:12 PM

Can you imagine IF she had her natural hair color at this point? She's look like a straight New England Witch living off of children's bone broth.

by Anonymousreply 171March 17, 2023 1:24 PM

I think she looks tremendous here. What difference a little color on your lips makes!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172March 17, 2023 1:26 PM

When you pull back and take a look at the life she presents, you have to ask where is the "Well Being" in all of this? What is the point of living just to wake up another day and count calories? All for what, just in an attempt to LOOK good? That's it? And don't get it wrong, this takes a lot, A LOT of energy and focus. There is nothing casual about it. It's not like a 10 minute regime. You don't get the sense that she is living a rich, full life outside of this. There probably isn't a minute of her life, with he family, friends where what she's not thinking about creating a better version of herself. I life full of creating a life instead of just living one. A casket is not a cocoon. We don't rise from the grave as butterflies.

by Anonymousreply 173March 17, 2023 3:05 PM

Her brother looks like a typical director. I wonder if he also lives off bones and enemas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174March 17, 2023 4:09 PM

Fellow anorexic Tess Holliday has weighed in, as has John McCain’s Daughter™.

I suggest they settle their differences in a three-way cage match in which only one walks out, and then walks straight into a cloistered convent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175March 17, 2023 4:24 PM

R174 he’s ugly as fuck!

by Anonymousreply 176March 17, 2023 4:34 PM

Her brother looks like he shits under a bush in the woods. Like he burrows home.

by Anonymousreply 177March 17, 2023 4:42 PM

[qhote] he’s ugly as fuck!

He…looks like his father. GP also does more so as she got older. Part of the problem.

I still don’t think she looked older than her age. She looks her age. With pro makeup and lighting, a bit less.

by Anonymousreply 178March 17, 2023 4:48 PM

[quote] Oral vitamins work as well as intravenous ones, and there's always a risk of a healthcare-associated infection every time a needle sticks you.

R14 yes and no.

There are a few vitamins that really don't absorb well conventionally by mouth or in the stomach, especially B12/cobalamin. I have to inject B12 intramuscularly at home a few times a week, because my parietal enzymes and stomach/gut lining are apparently so fucked (partially from birth/an infant operation, partially from lifestyle and past meds, and maybe other causes) that my body can't seem to extract enough B12 from food, no matter how much meat & eggs & milk I consume daily. I've tried going without supplementation for weeks or even months, and it's miserable agony.

There's no choice until my diagnosis is decided and there's better medicine. Without regular B12, which the body cannot store much or enough of in my case, I get very painful neuropathy all over me that makes it hard to move without pain and stiffness and violent prickling. I also get many other symptoms, including poor circulation, shortness of breath, double-over cramps, disturbed sleep/insomnia, hair loss, deep depression, cracking and bleeding skin, blurred and failing vision, etc. I am otherwise in good health with a normal diet, healthy weight, no smoking or drinking and so on.

It's not an ideal course of action to inject at home, and my GPs reeeeeally don't like it and lecture me not to, but as the tests they've done so far don't reveal much and they won't sign off or pay for the expensive workups, this is the only solution. Hey, diabetics do fine. I'm very careful and sanitary and methodical, and have seldom had injuries or bad sticks (a few bleeders and bruisers, that's all). If it were up to me and I could choose not to IM myself, I really wouldn't as it's inconvenient and gross and creates a lot of medical waste, but I can't say I dread it or that it's the worst thing in the world, either. I wouldn't recommend anyone do it at home unless they have to, but if you really need a vitamin in depot form that you can't get another way, it's relatively easy and cheap and safe if you take precautions, dispose of your sharps/waste properly and learn good technique.

by Anonymousreply 179March 17, 2023 4:58 PM

Simon Cowell is one of these people who injects vitamins and other nonsense to go along with the plastic surgery. Who in the hell would want to look like him? He's grotesque.

by Anonymousreply 180March 17, 2023 5:04 PM

I'm Gwyneth Paltrow. I eat (at most) a half handful of nuts per week, drink one cucumber martini and smoke one pretentious French cigarette from my vagina, every 8 months after sex.

by Anonymousreply 181March 17, 2023 5:07 PM

[quote] Even peels won't truly reverse this, or lasers. The only thing to do is to make like a victorian lady and avoid the sun at all costs from a young age.

Untrue. You can get Botox and voila…..crows feet gone.

by Anonymousreply 182March 17, 2023 5:08 PM

She's nuts.

by Anonymousreply 183March 17, 2023 5:14 PM

Lol, the new post apocalyptic comedy series Class of ‘07 just made a joke about Goop. They were talking about what happens when your body is starving to death and mentioned Gandhi and Gwyneth as examples.

by Anonymousreply 184March 17, 2023 6:48 PM

Goop looks like shit. Whatever she's doing, do the opposite.

by Anonymousreply 185March 17, 2023 6:52 PM

She’s addressing all this on her IG /AMA today. Sounds reasonable tbh. She goes out for meals and eats other things but then has her baseline /reset . Nothing wrong with that, and it seemed pretty honest.

I’m much more offended by heroin chic looking models and actresses who would like and say shit like I sit on my ass and eat cheeseburgers all day (Cameron Diaz used to do that). I think that promotes disordered eating much more (that young girls can think that physique is actually “natural.”) I appreciate celebrities who are at least somewhat transparent in how they maintain their shape, weight or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 186March 17, 2023 6:55 PM

I wonder if anyone has told her that in the end she is going to die just like the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 187March 17, 2023 7:27 PM

I remember her years ago talking about her kids having the kind of hunger that you get if you don’t eat enough carbohydrates. She was actually pleased about it. As if carbohydrate was some sort of poison instead of an integral part of a healthy diet. Awful.

by Anonymousreply 188March 17, 2023 7:35 PM

Longing for the days of the Orson Welles archetype--merry, effusive, smoky and sauced and fat, full to bursting with charisma, ideas, joie de vivre, rapacious and outward-looking curiosity in life & people...

Gwyneth seems the antithesis of this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189March 17, 2023 7:36 PM

R148 My definition of wellness is a dedicated action, or lifestyle geared to preserve or pursue GOOD HEALTH, i.e. active healthy lifestyle, or healthy diet, or both.. the concept often involves meditation, relaxation, or mindfulness in the current trend or definition.

Yours is entirely different to mine if it includes the illnesses you list. I'm not saying you're wrong, simply that I haven't heard wellness ever used to imply DELUSIONS of health! There are generally agreed upon definitions of what constitutes healthy. And then there are disordered people suffering delusiions, and eating disorders.

It's fine to skip a few meals here and there; many do it without negative repercussion. Starvation, or starving is also wholly defined as a negative, unhealthful state of being. It is the opposite of being nourished, and vital. There is nothing healthy about that.

by Anonymousreply 190March 17, 2023 8:09 PM

[quote]I remember her years ago talking about her kids having the kind of hunger that you get if you don’t eat enough carbohydrates. She was actually pleased about it. As if carbohydrate was some sort of poison instead of an integral part of a healthy diet. Awful.

I remember that. I also remember her admitting that her kids "inhaled" carbs whenever they got the chance to be around them. I'm sure both kids are screwed up now.

by Anonymousreply 191March 17, 2023 8:09 PM

You can't hide malnutrition forever, kids. It's all over her listless face, dead eyes and straw hair. The jig is up!

by Anonymousreply 192March 17, 2023 8:15 PM

R191 Parents who encourage or let their kids pig out on soda and cereal and fast food every day in lieu of real food & cooking are very neglectful, but equally so are those parents who refuse to let their kid eat anything between macrobiotic meals but raw fruit & birdseed and forbid them to touch or smell or even look at the cake and ice cream and candy at birthday parties (we all knew one).

Both sets of kids become absolutely fucked up about food and about socialising and self-care (intrinsically tied to food) later in life.

by Anonymousreply 193March 17, 2023 8:18 PM

Actual genuine snake oil would benefit her at this point. Her skin appears very dry, andit's highly doubtful she consumes enough fat. Her eyes do not project health. On the contrary, she appears tired, fragile, and hungry.

by Anonymousreply 194March 17, 2023 8:20 PM

used to hv weekly glutathione iv for healthy liver, was amazing

by Anonymousreply 195March 17, 2023 8:21 PM

Can Sally Struthers do a commercial for Goop, when in for just pennies a day we can provide her with a healthy meal in exchange for a photograph and monthly letter?

by Anonymousreply 196March 17, 2023 8:23 PM

she only put sunscreens as highlighters, leaving her skin unprotected in the harsh california sun, she got called out by skin influencers n doctors for that, no wonder her skin is so haggard

by Anonymousreply 197March 17, 2023 8:25 PM

She's sort of reminding me if Sissy Spacek these days... an unhealthier version.

by Anonymousreply 198March 17, 2023 8:26 PM

Apparently one of the biggest problems in her marriage to Chris Martin was she was always making snide comments about his eating. He is still remarkably slender and fit-looking, so you know there's got to be something really wrong with her.

by Anonymousreply 199March 17, 2023 8:37 PM

R199 Brits don't like being criticised for what we eat and drink, especially not by Americans.

by Anonymousreply 200March 17, 2023 8:42 PM

I wonder if Blythe was constantly nagging little Gwynnie about her eating while she was growing up?

by Anonymousreply 201March 17, 2023 8:43 PM

As a working actress in the '70s and '80s I'm sure Blythe probably had and has her own issues with food.

by Anonymousreply 202March 17, 2023 8:49 PM

R201 If it wasn’t her mother, those little mean girl bitches she was part of at The Spence School surly taught her lots of eating disorder behaviors.

by Anonymousreply 203March 17, 2023 9:01 PM

R202 Blythe probably gave the kids Ex-Lax instead of Halloween and Easter candy.

by Anonymousreply 204March 17, 2023 9:02 PM

R198 she always kind of looked like her, especially early on, like in that movie she did with Dennis Quaid and Meg Ryan. I think it’s something to do with her eyelids , and of course the freckles.

by Anonymousreply 205March 17, 2023 9:03 PM

She probably pees out most of what she’s getting in those IVs.

by Anonymousreply 206March 17, 2023 9:07 PM

She said at the beginning of the podcast that Blythe gave them wheatgrass juice while her father ate ribs, ham, Mallomars, and Pepsi.

by Anonymousreply 207March 17, 2023 9:12 PM

Bridget Fonda isn’t living. They’re both mentally ill women, they just manifest the symptoms differently.

by Anonymousreply 208March 17, 2023 9:12 PM

R198 Ah yes, I remember the fake freckles from a photo shoot a few years back.

by Anonymousreply 209March 17, 2023 9:14 PM

R205 You're right... the similarities were always there... and spot on 'bout the eyelids. I think I only began to notice that lately, since she's taken to wearing no make up. I was sort of suspecting an upper blepharoplasty as well, but not sure about it any longer. Colouring, freckles, hairstyle, and eyelids.

It all adds up to something somewhat ghoulish.

by Anonymousreply 210March 17, 2023 9:18 PM

All the zealous overexercisers and dieters and essential oils-and-crystals people look like shit even as early as their 30s & 40s, plus they're wound so tight and frustrated and puritanical. By contrast I've been taking it easy, not overeating shit and keeping lightly active, but also enjoying regular chocolate and coffee and buttered toast/croissants while sitting on my ass DLing most nights, and I look and act like I'm 10-20 years younger than my GOOPy peers. Good fats, little treats and chilling is the way of the Dude, people.

I miss the days when sports Naz!s and health nuts were considered uncool, weird, antisocial and annoying. Because they are.

by Anonymousreply 211March 17, 2023 9:30 PM

There's still hope, Your Goopness...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212March 17, 2023 10:00 PM

R207 And of course Bruce is long since dead, so maybe Blythe wasn't so dumb after all...

by Anonymousreply 213March 18, 2023 12:40 AM

R209 *fake* freckles? Like painted on? Who does that? What if it rains out?

by Anonymousreply 214March 18, 2023 3:26 AM

R164 [italic]another[/italic] collision?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215March 18, 2023 3:30 AM

[quote]And of course Bruce is long since dead, so maybe Blythe wasn't so dumb after all...

Wheatgrass juice wasn't going to save his ass from oral cancer after decades of smoking. Goop smoked for years despite the fact that it killed her father. I wonder if she still does, quietly.

by Anonymousreply 216March 18, 2023 6:03 AM

R216 I just meant that Bruce lived an unhealthy life in general and is dead, while Blythe pushed wheatgrass juice on her kids (which I agree is annoying) but seems to be thriving. Could explain Gwyneth's "wellness" obsession.

by Anonymousreply 217March 18, 2023 8:14 AM

I was once sick on a business trip—sinus congestion, etc.—in LA when I was in my early 20s, and someone from my west coast office insisted we go to Jamba Juice and I get a wheatgrass shot. It was disgusting. Liquid grass. And then, bam, within a little while I felt 100 percent well. The effect wore off after a few hours and I was sick again. It was pretty strange.

by Anonymousreply 218March 18, 2023 8:19 AM

Fake freckles as in, painted on with a makeup product, yeah. She doesn’t have them consistently and you don’t see them in her make up free beach photos. So they must be applied for certain photoshoots. I’m assuming the goal is to look youthful as freckles are associated with little kids.

by Anonymousreply 219March 18, 2023 10:44 AM

R217 Women seem to outlive men in general. Dementia wings are overwhelmingly populated with old ladies.

by Anonymousreply 220March 18, 2023 10:46 AM

[quote]Goop smoked for years despite the fact that it killed her father. I wonder if she still does, quietly.

Probably. My mom was a nurse and knew smoking was bad for her, but it kept her thin and she was kind of vain, had even been a local model for a while, so she continued to smoke for the dietary effects.

Spoiler alert: it killed her.

by Anonymousreply 221March 18, 2023 10:48 AM

I bet her kids have hollow little bird bones.

by Anonymousreply 222March 18, 2023 11:43 AM

I am 48 years old, my husband is 56. There is no way you can tell me that a woman with Gwyneth's money and resources looks good for 51. Selma Hayek is a perfect example. Gwyneth looks desiccated without make up and at least eight years older. There are 50 year old women who buy their moisturizer at CVS and eat Chipotle for lunch that look better than her.

by Anonymousreply 223March 18, 2023 11:55 AM

Not a fair comparison, R223. Salma Hayek has melanin in her skin, a well-known preservative, and she eats lubricating fat and probably does not have dehydrating ozone blasted up her asshole. So she's bound to look better. Considering all the torment Gwyneth puts her body through in the name of wellness, she looks great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224March 18, 2023 12:01 PM

I disagree that Goop is "thriving." She's still alive, I guess. She looks like haggard shit, just like Blythe. Both look like they should be doing osteoporosis awareness commercials. Bruce may have died young(ish) but hell, he probably had a great time and enjoyed his steak and carbs.

by Anonymousreply 225March 18, 2023 12:40 PM

Let's be real. Miss Hayek Pinault gets the ultra vip space alien technology super secret health and beauty treatments only offered to the multi-billionaire class, several strata above Miss Goop.

by Anonymousreply 226March 18, 2023 12:45 PM

Salma is dead to me.

Her husband, françois-henri pinault, owns pervy balenciaga

by Anonymousreply 227March 18, 2023 12:56 PM

Hey bitch, at least Im not doing that weird IV shit!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228March 18, 2023 1:41 PM

Breakfast: Bean water aka coffee

Lunch: Bone water aka broth

Dinner: Vegetables cooked in water

Midnights: Half a pack of Marlboro reds, Natural Light and Sara Lee triple fudge cake

Dawn: Colonic irrigation and detox IVs

by Anonymousreply 229March 18, 2023 1:44 PM

R228 ok but Ripa - hate her all you want - is two years older and actually looks GREAT - and this is someone who is naturally chunky and has literally been starving herself for decades - much more than Goop. Most of these celebrities are starving themselves to one degree or another - and some look great, some look like shit, and everything in between . So explain that.

by Anonymousreply 230March 18, 2023 1:55 PM

🍵 I've got some great recipes for stone soup that she'd probably enjoy. They're of little or no nutritional value, and they're guaranteed to keep the pounds off.

by Anonymousreply 231March 18, 2023 2:17 PM

Did Chris write ‘Fix You’ about Gwynny? ‘Ignite your bones’, etc.

by Anonymousreply 232March 18, 2023 2:22 PM

At this point for Gwenny it’s best not to have too many stones around her, or people might go all The Lottery on her bony ass.

by Anonymousreply 233March 18, 2023 2:23 PM

[quote] [R228] ok but Ripa - hate her all you want - is two years older and actually looks GREAT - and this is someone who is naturally chunky and has literally been starving herself for decades - much more than Goop. Most of these celebrities are starving themselves to one degree or another - and some look great, some look like shit, and everything in between . So explain that.

Oh, I'm happy to explain that: You're deluded. She looks much too thin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234March 18, 2023 2:33 PM

Isn’t Kelly getting dicked down by a hot Latino daddy stud on the regular? That hot testosterone injection probably keeps her young looking and gives her a good jawline too.

by Anonymousreply 235March 18, 2023 2:36 PM

R235 doubt Goop has much of libido or even any energy to fuck on her diet. She probably just lies there, dead fish pillow princess style.

by Anonymousreply 236March 18, 2023 2:43 PM

“What’s going on here? I love you but it together”, while pointing at his stomach….Gwyneth was an early adopter of fat shaming.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237March 18, 2023 2:50 PM

^ah but it’s ‘inspiring’ not ‘shaming’ when a rich A-lister does it 🙄

by Anonymousreply 238March 18, 2023 2:52 PM

R237 I’m not surprised. She has the look of a junior high/high school mean girl. So does Chelsea Handler. I bet they were both vicious.

by Anonymousreply 239March 18, 2023 3:03 PM

Goop is your typical white girl. They age horribly and then plaster their ugliness everywhere for us to vomit like Vadge. Goop looks like a fucking corpse.

by Anonymousreply 240March 18, 2023 3:06 PM

Are we sure that she was really saying that's all she eats in a day, or was she just mentioning some things she eats and not others to highlight the virtue factor? I got the impression it was the latter, not a complete list of everything she ate.

by Anonymousreply 241March 18, 2023 3:32 PM

P. S. She's looked wan, dry, and terrible for many years. When she was young she was beautiful in a non-stereotypical way, but that didn't last, and that's partly because of her orthorexia and the OCD-level hair straightening.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242March 18, 2023 3:37 PM

R242 I reckon all the bleach has contributed to her hair-loss as well. I didn't know she straightened her hair chemically, but I'll take your word on that. It's rather fried and thinning, like Nicole Kidman's hair.

by Anonymousreply 243March 18, 2023 3:42 PM

I didn't mention chemicals, though. I assume flat ironing.

by Anonymousreply 244March 18, 2023 4:08 PM

R241 She definitely did not present what she described as being her regularly, daily, regimented diet. She was discussing habits that she regards as 'healthful.' Others have pointed out here often that she contradicts herself and talks about how restricted her diet is and then also talks about indulging in Cinnamons or martinis and cigarettes. People are just letting themselves go wild on her because, I mean, I have to be honest: I don't like being mean as much as the average DLer does, but Gwyn's wildly wacky better-than-thou presentation really sets her up to be mocked. It is a little bit fun.

by Anonymousreply 245March 18, 2023 4:27 PM

In Europe, the wealthy class (especially women) is not inclined towards invasive plastic surgery, but these very acid skin treatments that require you to be in hiding for about a month for it to settle.

by Anonymousreply 246March 18, 2023 4:33 PM

One of her many confounding contradictions is her relationship with Mario Batali, who is diametrically opposed in his being to all the wellness stuff she stands for, and who seems to be a restaurant-scale version of Harvey Weinstein.

Funny though, if you look at the pictures below, you'll see in one photo that features food, she is sitting in front of a plate full of just sliced vegetables, in another she is holding an empty plate, and in another, everyone is digging into paella and she has a little bite of it on her fork and looks nauseated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247March 18, 2023 4:33 PM

The next production of Les Miz is thinking of just using a picture of Gweny as its logo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248March 18, 2023 4:41 PM

What's barely mentioned in the coverage of this story is that she was talking to the man to whom she has entrusted her heath, Will Cole, a chiropractor who's treating her for long COVID, systemic inflammation, "shameflammation," MTHFR, multiple vitamin deficiencies, perimenopause, toxin overload, and who knows what else. He's the one she credits for her current diet and this latest round of nuttiness.

He laughs his way through the interview while she wanly goes through the list of maladies he's told her she has. In her response to the attention this story has gotten, she calls him "my doctor." He hasn't corrected her, yet he's receiving none of the scorn.

At one point, in a tone suggesting being completely fed up, she mentions her inflammation. He laughs and says something like, "Yeah! But we've got that almost under control now!" In other words, he knows that cow has been milked to depletion so it's time to move on to selling her MTHFR treatments.

Something is different. There used to be a sense of lightness when she was pushing twat eggs, or whatever nonsense it was that month, but now she's just coming across as sad, worn out, and desperate. I think it's likely that she genuinely feels like shit for the first time in her life and the woo treatments being recommended to her aren't helping since she's no longer dealing with a simple hangover or jet lag. Her demeanor, as well as their interaction, suggests this latest "doctor" is just making things worse.

[quote]On Friday, Paltrow took to social media to explain the full context behind the video, noting via a series of Instagram Stories videos that Cole is actually her long-time doctor who has worked with her to craft a diet that met her needs. "I think it's important for everybody to know that I was doing a podcast with my doctor," the 50-year-old. "This is a person that I've been working with for over two years now to deal with some chronic stuff."

[quote]Paltrow reveals her diet was created specifically to help address the effects of long COVID. "I have long COVID, and the way it manifests for me is very high levels of inflammation over time," she said. "This was a transparent look at a conversation between me and my doctors, not meant to be advice for anybody else. It's really just what has worked for me."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249March 18, 2023 7:09 PM

A chiropractor for long Covid? These quacks need to stay in their lane.

by Anonymousreply 250March 18, 2023 7:57 PM

As much as GOOP tried to sell herself as a “New Yorker” early in her career, she’s actually the quintessential uneducated California airhead. They are of course a dime a dozen in the entertainment industry.

I wonder if her father was a little disappointed in her.

She’s not really talented, intelligent, beautiful, interesting, generous, or anything else that might make a parent proud.

But she IS quite rude, whiny, and apparently too stupid to even feed herself.

by Anonymousreply 251March 18, 2023 8:20 PM

She actually used to live around the corner from me in the West Village. I encountered her once no she was friendly. Used to see her mom pushing her grandkids around in a carriage.

by Anonymousreply 252March 18, 2023 8:27 PM

She’s a fucking hypochondriac.

by Anonymousreply 253March 18, 2023 11:56 PM

Here’s an old interview GP did for DailyCandy.com, which is now defunct.

Her answers are deliciously haughty and cunty.

Enjoy!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254March 18, 2023 11:59 PM

It's quite offensive to me when very rich bored bougie WASPs starve themselves for the aesthetic and for the moral purity of it.

For almost everyone else, getting enough half-decent food to thrive and having time enough to eat and prepare it in a healthy way is a luxury they have to work for, or at least make sacrifices and endure hardship for if they aren't directly working for it--which if you think about it too hard is deeply fucked up, considering food and water is a basic need for our survival. We're animals on an abundant planet that could feed us all, and we're wrecking it via resource inequality (food and water being main ones) and pollution and war. The vibes produced by overpriced vagina eggs--a bad idea, btw--fracking for gemstones is horrible for the Earth, and anyway the surface of polished stones can house bacteria in tiny fissures--are not going to do shit for that fundamental problem.

GOOP though can afford to ignore all this, push it away with her full plates, sublimate it, make her absolute refusal to participate in the human races' plight some kind of twisted class marker as well as, paradoxically, a symbol of fragile angelic-alien air-eating ethereal victimhood. Gwyn after all is too pure and light and delicate for this grubby world, she needn't chew food nor shit nor breathe dirty air nor take generic meds like the commoners do. She's just like a cloistered princess of yore, fainting away when she feels a pea under her mattress or from her tower room smells a peasant outside the drawbridge.

by Anonymousreply 255March 19, 2023 12:23 AM

As R79 video indicates, she shares dangerous information -- that sunscreen should be tapped on your cheeks like serum. She gives a platform to anti vaxxers, psuedo science and eating disorders That's not just kooky, it's damaging.

In R79 video she talks about that "clean" beauty nonsense aka paid advertisement through pseudo research.

Blondes don't age well due to light skin, hair being easily damaged by UVA. Sunscreen and sun protection can help. She has significant sun damage that is reflected in her dry damaged skin.

by Anonymousreply 256March 19, 2023 12:24 AM

I’ve never understood why women like GOOP try to sell the frail, fainting, anemic thing. No one is buying.

And despite her sucking Harvey’s dick on command, I’d say most men are repulsed by that whole bony, sickly look.

There’s not one thing sexy about her. I can’t believe she’s ever gotten laid, and I’d bet good money she and Chris Martin had a sexless marriage. Falchuk might find her sexy because of the whole fake WASP thing, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 257March 19, 2023 12:30 AM

R255 I really get what you’re saying. It is repulsive on a moral level. I’ve known a few people who fit the description and the morally superior, condescending tone they perform is laughable but disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 258March 19, 2023 12:36 AM

Goop has always promoted these woo diets (she was heavy into macrobiotics for a long time) but it's all catching up to her now. She looks withered and older than her years and yeah, haggard. She seems mystified as to why she looks and feels like shit and is allowing some quack chiro to blame "long COVID." No, dear. It's not mysterious inflammation that's doing you in, it's your lackluster diet. She needs healthy fats and protein. That said, she needed those things about 15 years ago. There's not a whole lot she can do about her damaged skin and hair now.

by Anonymousreply 259March 19, 2023 12:47 AM

[quote] I can’t believe she’s ever gotten laid, and I’d bet good money she and Chris Martin had a sexless marriage.

So, you are saying we are The Virgin Births #2 and #3?

by Anonymousreply 260March 19, 2023 1:04 AM

I’ve only know one chiropractor and he made a terrible impression on me. He was as fat as Rob Ford, would sweat through his blazer and always trying to scam his way out of paying bills.

by Anonymousreply 261March 19, 2023 1:04 AM

Anybody who follows Goops advice deserves what they get

by Anonymousreply 262March 19, 2023 1:05 AM

R257 she’s actually known to be a huge slut from day 1. She’s cheated on basically all her boyfriends and Chris Martin

by Anonymousreply 263March 19, 2023 1:15 AM

I've fallen down the Will Cole rabbit hole. From his website:

[quote]I am a Functional Medicine Practitioner (IFMCP), Doctor of Natural Medicine (DNM) and Doctor of Chiropractic (DC). I received my doctorate from Southern California University of Health Sciences. My post doctorate education and training is in Functional Medicine and Clinical Nutrition. Therefore, I do not practice medicine and do not diagnose or treat diseases or medical conditions. [<-- Gwyneth must have been buried under a pile of infrared blankets and missed that part.]

Southern California University of Health Sciences has two Doctor of Chiropractic tracks: 1) three years and four months for students coming in with ninety credits and 2) a four-year program for everyone else. The latter offers an online accelerated science course which allows students to "complete the requirements in as little as five weeks." The course covers the prerequisites for admission into the doctoral program and also counts as doctoral-program credit. After all, who doesn't love a BOGO deal when neck snapping is involved?

The other two he lists are certifications.

One can be had by coughing up the money and completing seven online modules within four years and then passing an exam. The other, by coughing up the money and providing proof of a master's-level education along with a certain number of clinical hours.

Be best!

by Anonymousreply 264March 19, 2023 2:03 AM

Funny how “anti -frau” DL claims to be and yet complaining about GP being a bad eating disorder promoting role model is just about the most frau-ish thing in the world to do.

by Anonymousreply 265March 19, 2023 2:10 AM

Yeah but the thread is mostly about how shitty her hair and skin look.

by Anonymousreply 266March 19, 2023 3:16 AM

R247 I seem to remember seeing her with Mario Batali on a food tour of Spain and all she did was turn her nose up at the tastings, skip the dinner like it was beneath her, and end up in a bathtub. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 267March 19, 2023 5:49 AM

I really like this TikToker, who is a food scientist, and is debunking all the pseudo science and disinformation coming from the Wellness industry--Goop included.

Check her out. It's fun to watch her takedowns using actual logic and science based facts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268March 19, 2023 7:19 AM

[Quote] she’s actually known to be a huge slut from day 1. She’s cheated on basically all her boyfriends and Chris Martin.

Then she will get along fine with Brad became he was fucking around with a few of the actress's from Glee.

by Anonymousreply 269March 19, 2023 7:53 AM

The woman linked at R268 also raises some concerns, IMO, and I know I will be harshly criticized for saying so.

I watched some of her other videos about GMO safety, and she says some questionable things, asserting that GMO produce is safe to consume, period, and she also says in one video that the idea GMO produce is 'Round Up Ready' and is routinely sprayed with toxic herbicide (glyphosate) is preposterous because, according to her logic, herbicides kill plants and crops are plants and therefore spraying herbicides on them would kill them—which is wildly illogical, as herbicides were developed to spray on crops to inhibit the growth of competing weeds.

A large union of 'concerned scientists' throughout Europe oppose the broad marketing of GMO crops throughout Europe on the basis that there is no scientific consensus that consuming GMO crops is safe.

The view of US commerce, agriculture and lawmaking bodies is that because there is a lack of evidence showing toxicity, the foods are safe.

The view of many scientists and policymakers in many other countries is that 1) a lack of evidence of toxicity does not prove safety (a more valid scientific view); and 2) the US has actually *prevented* studies into GMO food safety because of profit motive, and therefore, there's not enough evidence to weigh risk.

As a result, 16 European countries, including France, Germany, Denmark and others that cannot be described as 'backward,' have totally banned GMO foods pending further evidence that they do not cause illness. As do many other countries throughout the world.

The US assumes we are ahead of the rest of the world in deciding first to mass market GMO crops, and just when we did that both obesity rates and chronic illnesses and autoimmune disease rates spiked, including a huge increase in digestive diseases that are still so new many people don't believe in them and make fun of them.

The UK just authorized GMO foods to be sold nationwide last year. Their obesity rates already spiked years ago and are catching up to ours; it'll be interesting to watch over the next decade or two and see whether we hear more about a chronic illness burden on the UK National Health System. I have a feeling we will.

But 'a feeling' is not science. And neither is it science to claim as that food scientist does that GMO foods are safe simply because there's no abundance of evidence showing they are not. Exclusion of evidence of toxicity doesn't prove safety. That is an unscientific view.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270March 19, 2023 12:34 PM

Has it already been mentioned that there is speculation that Geyneth put this out there knowing it would be very controversial to distract from her upcoming lawsuit?

She is being sued by a skier who said she crashed into him. She is countersuing saying he crashed into her.

by Anonymousreply 271March 19, 2023 3:04 PM

No one cares about her diamond-slope collisions. We are here to mock her for her wacky beliefs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272March 19, 2023 3:08 PM

I think it's time for a name change. Maybe just one letter, to start. Goof? Glop? Poop?

by Anonymousreply 273March 19, 2023 3:56 PM

I'm so sorry; it's the MOOPS!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274March 19, 2023 4:06 PM

[quote] Then she will get along fine with Brad became he was fucking around with a few of the actress's from Glee.

Need more info. Which ones?

by Anonymousreply 275March 19, 2023 4:10 PM

She's an anorexic. There's a weird clip of her somewhere with Alan Cumming sitting in front of a table filled with food and she starts naming all of the stuff that can make her gain weight. She needs to actually eat and get some help for her ED.

by Anonymousreply 276March 19, 2023 4:59 PM

All the fashionably thin people have some form of an eating disorder to maintain their thinness. We are a food centric culture. You have to be vigilant to avoid the constant cues to eat more, eat this, eat that. The brain takes that all in and then it’s can’t eat that, shouldn’t eat this or you’ll get fat. Being fearful around food seems a logical outcome. Especially when push comes to shove, thin women stay that way by eating about 1000 calories a day (sometimes less) and exercising. Not a lot of wiggle room with 1000 calories or less.

by Anonymousreply 277March 19, 2023 5:14 PM

"Oh, man, I wish I could still eat all this stuff!"

She orders a turkey sandwich, pickles and French fries and a cream soda.

Alan Cumming asks her "What would I order if I were a Jewess?"

She complains that people who are overseeing her macrobiotic diet are going to flip out when they see her eat a turkey sandwich, and she eats three French fries on camera.

Then Cumming asks her if she's ever had a colonic irrigation, and she acts appalled and says no.

She eats a fourth French fry and says "He tricked me into eating another French fry. The treadmill is calling."

Riveting!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278March 19, 2023 5:14 PM

If you are over 30 and still have an eating disorder, you have arrested development.

Mind you, lots of people have eating disorders in their teens and twenties.

by Anonymousreply 279March 19, 2023 5:17 PM

ZsaZsa Gabor (or someone) said, "At thirty, a woman must choose between her face and her ass."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280March 19, 2023 5:21 PM

R280 that’s really bullshit. To stay really youthful looking and moving into middle age and beyond you need to be model thin. And r277 I agree. Not just all female celebrities but almost all middle /upper middle class women . It’s not fun and practically inevitable. She’s just a lot more honest about it than others.

And I can name a ton of celebrities (ahem, Kelly Ripa, Michelle Pfeiffer,) who are significantly thinner than she is.

by Anonymousreply 281March 19, 2023 6:17 PM

Michelle Pfeiffer is 15 years old than Goop but looks younger. Again, whatever Goop is doing, it's not working.

by Anonymousreply 282March 19, 2023 6:20 PM

It is true that food is the center of social interactions and the primary entertainment of people in the United States, and anyone who really insists on eating healthfully inevitably will be constantly accused of having an eating disorder because they don't overeat and eat overly indulgent food all the time.

I live in Washington, D.C., which is a town where food and drinking are really the only thing that most people agree is "fun." If you want to socialize, you go to happy hours and brunches and dinners. You don't go to happy hours and brunches without eating like a horse and getting drunk off your face. OR you do, and everyone harasses you the entire time about needing to loosen up.

I think Gwyneth's whole "everything is toxic, must detox, must detox" programming is a mental disorder, but I also think that food-and-drink culture is absolutely toxic.

When we in the U.S. think of ourselves as "consumers," we always think about buying products, but we're also hyper-consumers of huge amounts of food.

I personally feel like Cheesecake Factory-sized portions should be outlawed. It's sickening to me to see a feast for four served up to a single person, and then they expect you to order half a cheesecake for dessert. Good God. No wonder everyone is out of balance, regardless of the quality of the food.

by Anonymousreply 283March 19, 2023 6:25 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284March 19, 2023 6:33 PM

[quote]Not a lot of wiggle room with 1000 calories or less.

R277 Especially if you're drinking it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285March 19, 2023 6:42 PM

R282 right but it’s not bc she’s too thin. That’s fucking frau bullshit that I’m surprised is being repeated too much here.

Honestly, it’s her features (prominent nose, thin lips, weird eyelids, freckles) that simply don’t she well. She looks like her brother and late father. But let’s not blame her weight.

by Anonymousreply 286March 19, 2023 6:48 PM

R286=Blythe

by Anonymousreply 287March 19, 2023 9:32 PM

She could be encouraging anorexia and should be ashamed of herself. I'm disgusted by her.

by Anonymousreply 288March 19, 2023 9:35 PM

Bitch looks 80 years old.

by Anonymousreply 289March 19, 2023 9:50 PM

Don’t let your lying eyes deceive you. Gwyneth's face is the epitome of chok-chok—plump, luminous, and bouncy. It says so right here on this set of moisturizers she wants to sell you.

[quote]You’d never know it, but Gwyneth has had dry skin for most of her 50 years. These are her moisture-bomb secret weapons for fresh, totally nourished, smooth, firm, glowing skin—together for the first time at a beautifully relaxed price.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290March 20, 2023 3:29 AM

I've never heard of a "relaxed price".

by Anonymousreply 291March 20, 2023 4:07 AM

[Quote] If you are over 30 and still have an eating disorder, you have arrested development.

It's a lifelong struggle, you can't just turn it off.

by Anonymousreply 292March 20, 2023 10:34 AM

R275 i don't buy the rumours about Lea but Melissa and Naya aren't far-fetched.

by Anonymousreply 293March 20, 2023 10:36 AM

R291, "relaxed price" is a distant cousin to "conscious uncoupling"

by Anonymousreply 294March 20, 2023 11:43 AM

Macrobiotics hasn't been a true trend since the 1970s and finally died in the 90s. Wonder why she tried to revive it?

by Anonymousreply 295March 20, 2023 11:58 AM

Who would look at this scarecrow and think it was somebody you should take advice and health tips from?

Radical. caloric restriction (no matter how you package it) is a form of starvation. South Beach, Keto et al are all the same thing.

And healthy? How many toxic chemicals does it take to keep this womans' hair blond?

by Anonymousreply 296March 20, 2023 1:27 PM

R285 Thanks for the chuckles. A cocktail called "The Buster Paltrow" is frickin' hilarious, but somehow doesn't have quite the same ring to it as a Buster Hyman.

by Anonymousreply 297March 21, 2023 5:27 AM

R295, the podcast just keeps on giving. She was "struggling" when she went to the UK to do Shakespeare in Love, because, she claims, there was no fresh food. Her yoga teacher recommended a macrobiotic diet. Alas, brown rice made her tired and also made her gain weight, so she had to stop.

My next question would have been: "How did the yoga teacher get fresh food if it didn't exist?" but Herr Doktor moved right on to praising her willingness to fully commit to any nutty diet/idea that's thrown at her. That's a positive attribute in Goopville.

by Anonymousreply 298March 21, 2023 7:03 AM

If she is so concerned about toxins, maybe she should get her small breast implants removed.

by Anonymousreply 299March 21, 2023 12:50 PM

She has an eating disorder.

by Anonymousreply 300March 21, 2023 1:24 PM

One of her detractors was Tess Holiday, which only highlighted Tess's own issues with body, image & nutrition. It would be like a bag of coke commenting on how bad a gallon of gin would be in a single sitting.

by Anonymousreply 301March 21, 2023 1:30 PM

She's had an eating disorder for decades, probably since her teen years. Normally therapy would be beneficial but at this point, she's a lost cause.

by Anonymousreply 302March 21, 2023 1:55 PM

I don't have time to scroll through all 302 prior responses but has anyone pointed out the obvious:

[bold] The Daily Mail headline is NOT what she said she eats [/bold]

She said that for dinner " I try to eat according to paleo - so lots of vegetables"

Paleo is a meat-based diet, that is eschews dairy, bread and legumes.

So what Paltrow was saying is that she eats some meat and lots of vegetables.

The DM also says that she "exercises an hour each day"

But Paltrow says she will "either take a walk or I'll do Pilates or I'll do my Tracy Anderson."

Walk. Pilates. It's not as if she's working out hardcore for 60 minutes a day.

by Anonymousreply 303March 21, 2023 2:02 PM

I don't think she has implants. Unless she asked for "The Banana Titty"

by Anonymousreply 304March 21, 2023 2:36 PM

Do you think a 6 piece chicken nugget would put her in the hospital?

by Anonymousreply 305March 21, 2023 2:40 PM

She reminds me of Madonna just before she decided to dedicate her head to science.

by Anonymousreply 306March 21, 2023 2:41 PM

Breast implants? On what planet?

by Anonymousreply 307March 21, 2023 2:44 PM

R303 It hardly matters when she looks like The Walking Dead. Not a good advert for Whatever-the-Fuck Diet she's on.

by Anonymousreply 308March 21, 2023 10:12 PM

I wish these celebs would be honest and say they use cigarettes and cocaine to stay thin.

by Anonymousreply 309March 21, 2023 10:39 PM

I think she has a highly structured form of bulimia. Not anorexia, not orthorexia- just a highly structed and downright unique form of bulimia.

She looks horrible and her hair is thinning at the temples.

Her mother looks better and she's easily 80 or so.

I have a brother in law who works for Ryan Murphy. His name is up there in the credits for a fair amount of his work and such. I'm dying to ask him about Goop and when I can I'll report back here.

by Anonymousreply 310March 21, 2023 10:59 PM

do you even know what bulimia is? how do you know if she pukes up?

by Anonymousreply 311March 21, 2023 11:06 PM

Bulimics are fun, hilarious, larger-than-life.

Paltrow is none of these things.

She’s definitely someone who never eats in the first place. That requires a certain level of misery few can achieve.

by Anonymousreply 312March 21, 2023 11:12 PM

first of all, she claims this is what she is doing. we don't even know if it's true. could be all utter BS.

by Anonymousreply 313March 21, 2023 11:34 PM

I love the DLers who think that as long as you don't drink or smoke you'll look 29 forever. Never change DL, never change.

by Anonymousreply 314March 22, 2023 12:12 AM

LOL 😂 R306.

by Anonymousreply 315March 22, 2023 1:02 AM

She's so old, it grosses me out...

by Anonymousreply 316March 22, 2023 1:36 AM

R312 have you read about any of the celebrities who were bulimic? (Jane Fonda, Diane Keaton, Sally Field, and so many more). They were exactly none of those things. What exactly is this based on?

by Anonymousreply 317March 22, 2023 2:45 AM

[quote]Bulimics are fun, hilarious, larger-than-life.

R312 WTF?

by Anonymousreply 318March 22, 2023 2:49 AM

It's time for someone to stage an intervention and call the NEDA Helpline...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319March 22, 2023 2:51 AM

As another poster said, I know women who are Gwyneth's age who eat a normal diet (2-3 meals a day and maybe a snack) and get all of their health and beauty products from the drugstore and look much better and younger than her.

by Anonymousreply 320March 22, 2023 5:33 AM

I have an acquaintance who was a year ahead of her at Spence and still smokes, drinks, is very thin and has never had anything except botox and some lasering. She looks a full 10 years younger than GP. The difference is that my friend is VERY conscious of the sun and has been from early on, as she is a redhead who hated her freckles and started using sunscreen every day in college. Still uses it, rain or shine, and has never missed a day since she was 18. Her skin is incredible, despite her vices.

by Anonymousreply 321March 22, 2023 8:21 AM

She looks bad because of a lifetime of sun exposure/tanning plus cigarettes plus decades of hair bleach.. She also insists on a hair style that is very difficult to pull off even for a beautiful woman, the Michelle Phillips middle part. I’m surprised she doesn’t borrow a ratty wig or two from her bestie, Madonna.

Agreed that no one smokes one cigarette a week. She’s probably been a heavy smoker since her teens.

by Anonymousreply 322March 22, 2023 9:07 AM

Who will play her in the Hallmark TV movie of the week The Ski Trip That Went Wrong?

by Anonymousreply 323March 22, 2023 11:30 AM

R323 an upturned broomstick.

by Anonymousreply 324March 22, 2023 12:15 PM

Genetics, Eldergays.

Genetics.

Not potions, sunscreen, smoking,

Genetics

by Anonymousreply 325March 22, 2023 2:56 PM

Sun exposure and smoking are the two surefire ways of aging yourself prematurely.

Boozing isn’t good either… but it IS fun.

by Anonymousreply 326March 22, 2023 3:29 PM

[Quote] I’m surprised she doesn’t borrow a ratty wig or two from her bestie, Madonna.

Are they still friends? I thought they had a fight over Tracey Anderson lol

by Anonymousreply 327March 22, 2023 3:53 PM

It's probably a bit of a struggle once you are no longer in your 20s and using cocaine on the regular to stay trim.

by Anonymousreply 328March 22, 2023 4:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!