Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Violent Protest Against Charlie Kirk

They’re protesting because of his statements about trans people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71March 18, 2023 2:21 PM

More.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 15, 2023 7:43 AM

Girl starts twerking. lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2March 15, 2023 7:43 AM

Omg R2....😂😂😂

by Anonymousreply 3March 15, 2023 7:53 AM

Great way to play into his hands.

Better to completely ignore him. Or take all the seats in the house and then walk out silently when he starts speaking.

by Anonymousreply 4March 15, 2023 8:04 AM

Police should be authorized to use lethal force against violent rioters.

by Anonymousreply 5March 15, 2023 8:05 AM

[quote]ANTIFA members have been accusing Charlie Kirk of “calling for violence against the trans community”

Was it LITERAL VIOLENCE or violence violence?

by Anonymousreply 6March 15, 2023 8:06 AM

The TRAs do this to women all the time. They're insane and violent.

Typical male pattern violence.

by Anonymousreply 7March 15, 2023 8:06 AM

[quote] Or take all the seats in the house and then walk out silently when he starts speaking.

They already do that. Plenty of videos of them trying to prevent anyone from talking that doesn't conform to their cult speak.

by Anonymousreply 8March 15, 2023 8:08 AM

So what has he said?

by Anonymousreply 9March 15, 2023 8:11 AM

Uhhh... OP?

[bold]This Charlie Kirk dude has said PLENTY AGAINST THE GAYS and gay rights too.[/bold]

It's not ONLY about trans you idiot and/or troll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10March 15, 2023 8:21 AM

More of Charlie Kirk is anti-GAY

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11March 15, 2023 8:22 AM

I agree with R4. Don't give right-wing trolls like Charlie Kirk any more attention.

by Anonymousreply 12March 15, 2023 8:22 AM

And more of Charlie Kirk being anti-gay

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13March 15, 2023 8:23 AM

I don’t care if he’s anti-gay, enough of the violence and shutting down of free speech!

by Anonymousreply 14March 15, 2023 8:24 AM

This protest was because of what he said about trans people. It’s literally on their signs. I don’t care for him but he has every right to speak. Don’t like him or agree with him, don’t go. The irony of declaring yourselves anti-fascist when all they do is dabble in fascism.

by Anonymousreply 15March 15, 2023 8:27 AM

Good, let this hideous troll get run out everywhere he goes.

by Anonymousreply 16March 15, 2023 8:27 AM

Charlie Kirk HATES gays.

Everyone on here who supports Charlie Kirk also hates gays. They'll say something like "I don't have to agree with everything a person says" but the fact is that they hate gays as much as they hate trans, and they halfheartedly try to hide their homophobia on DL, hoping to get a few gays on their side, and hoping that they'll fool enough people to continue to be allowed to continue to use Datalounge as their hate headquarters.

by Anonymousreply 17March 15, 2023 8:28 AM

They have every right to speak out against his hate speech, r15.

I don't really care that a few small windows got kicked in. You people are calling for the literal eradication of trans, and you want us to think a couple of kicked-in windows are the real problem.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18March 15, 2023 8:30 AM

Being for a robust form of free speech, the exchange of ideas, and opposed to using violence to shut down speech because in the end that only way for a democratic county to function is not to be anti gay.

by Anonymousreply 19March 15, 2023 8:31 AM

[quote] calling for the literal eradication of trans

AKA referring to them as their biological sex.

by Anonymousreply 20March 15, 2023 8:31 AM

[quote]They have every right to speak out against his hate speech, [R15].

They're not just speaking out and expressing their opinions; they want to shut him down and anyone else who opposes their views.

by Anonymousreply 21March 15, 2023 8:34 AM

[quote] They have every right to speak out against his hate speech, [R15]. I don't really care that a few small windows got kicked in.

Honey, sit down. You’re dumb.

by Anonymousreply 22March 15, 2023 8:36 AM

R20 The raison d'etre of "trans" and their supporters is delusion. Reality is terrifying and must be censored. At all costs.

by Anonymousreply 23March 15, 2023 8:36 AM

[quote] Being for a robust form of free speech, the exchange of ideas, and opposed to using violence to shut down speech because in the end that only way for a democratic county to function is not to be anti gay.

Oh, dear. Get an editor.

by Anonymousreply 24March 15, 2023 8:37 AM

Charlie Kirk is the head of Turning Point USA which daily publishes articles about how "Blues Clues is grooming our kids to be gay" and says "gay corporations that hate America" get "lower tax rates" than any other corporations, that kind of propaganda.

Kirk accused CA state senator Scott Wiener's law about age of consent to "really be about protecting gays who are pedophiles" and within 24 hours Wiener received two threats, one a bomb threat, worded almost exactly like Kirk's tweets about gay "pedos."

Kirk is a major figure behind the homophobic "Paul Pelosi is secretly gay and he was attacked by his gay hooker" story.

Don't even try to lie your way out of this: the guy is a major homophobe.

by Anonymousreply 25March 15, 2023 8:39 AM

People who have no opposing arguments use violence and intimidation to shut down opposition. If they feel this strongly about him, they could go to the event and challenge him during Q&A. Of course they’re too stupid to be able to hold their own in a debate so they resort to this.

by Anonymousreply 26March 15, 2023 8:39 AM

[quote] Don't even try to lie your way out of this: the guy is a major homophobe.

That doesn’t justify their behavior. Fight speech with speech. They automatically lose when they resort to this. They’re actually helping him.

by Anonymousreply 27March 15, 2023 8:41 AM

r22, you're the one who is sitting in your Section 8 housing in the overnight hours, spamming hate speech on Datalounge every single night with about 100 sock puppets. I understand that you are too far gone to be helped at this point, but I fail to see why that has to be our problem.

by Anonymousreply 28March 15, 2023 8:44 AM

What do the TRA's hope to get out of being violent? They always shit their own bed with their awful behaviour.

by Anonymousreply 29March 15, 2023 8:47 AM

Kirk is an inbred creature. It's best to just pay him no mind.

by Anonymousreply 30March 15, 2023 8:52 AM

You can't just ignore the bigots and imagine they'll go away. You have to speak out against them.

I'm tired of these threads where we're told that it's JUST FINE to let people like Charlie Kirk constantly say they want gays legislated out of existence and encourage violence against us, but some college students protesting and creating minor damage is TRULY evil, immoral, and wrong.

Reading the links above and you see Kirk has followers who have threatened to kill gays and politicians and these people tell us it's just fine. If there's a broken door in a protest then cops should beat the shit out of the kids who broke that door, though. It's insanity. I hate that neglect and stupidity has lead to DL becoming this kind of forum now.

by Anonymousreply 31March 15, 2023 8:58 AM

Speak out, fine. Get violent? Not fine.

by Anonymousreply 32March 15, 2023 9:00 AM

[quote] Police should be authorized to use lethal force against violent rioters.

Braindead.

by Anonymousreply 33March 15, 2023 9:05 AM

Scott Wiener also thinks feminists and women protesting men in women's prisons are scum. He wants to trans children and those who don't are all far-right scum.

Fuck Scott Wiener.

by Anonymousreply 34March 15, 2023 9:09 AM

Nah, they just hate his giant balloon-head...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35March 15, 2023 9:53 AM

Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from the consequences of hate speech.

This kid is evil. Yet here we are, with a thread full of trolls, licking Kirk’s rectum. Momma must be so proud.

by Anonymousreply 36March 15, 2023 10:15 AM

Fear not.

In cases of emergency, Kirk's head can be used as a flotation device.

by Anonymousreply 37March 15, 2023 10:22 AM

[quote] Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from the consequences of hate speech.

R36 And those consequences include replicating the Nazi Sturmabteilung on the streets of Berlin in 1932. Santayana had people like you and those protestors in mind.

by Anonymousreply 38March 15, 2023 10:36 AM

Looks scary

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39March 15, 2023 11:27 AM

I don’t trust adults named “Charlie”

by Anonymousreply 40March 15, 2023 12:13 PM

Whining about criticism when in his heart he wants to put a bunch of people in cattle cars.

by Anonymousreply 41March 15, 2023 12:17 PM

We should get violent with homophobes like Charlie Kirk. They want us dead.

by Anonymousreply 42March 15, 2023 12:24 PM

Too many evil fascist anti-trans siding with Charlie fucking Kirk in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 43March 15, 2023 12:42 PM

“Literal eradication”?

Is there a non literal eradication?

by Anonymousreply 44March 15, 2023 12:47 PM

Take a good look. Your tax dollars will be paying for the loans these students agreed to.

by Anonymousreply 45March 15, 2023 12:51 PM

ALL these people should be ignored. None of the viewpoints are reasonable and none are worthy of discussion or thought.

by Anonymousreply 46March 15, 2023 12:55 PM

R46, have you watched many political debates on CSPAN or the like? How many times in a political debate do you hear someone give tons of examples and ask questions, and then the other side says, “that doesn’t matter, you’re wrong”? If that’s all you say in a debate, you let the other side win, because then they’re the only ones presenting anything they claim to be evidence. And to say you own rationale for having your own perspective isn’t even worthy of thought suggests you’re somehow afraid to think about it or take the time to compose reasons to support it.

by Anonymousreply 47March 15, 2023 1:50 PM

"And those consequences include replicating the Nazi Sturmabteilung "

HHahahahahha. I know you think you sound ravishingly intelligent, but my god are you fucking retarded.

by Anonymousreply 48March 15, 2023 2:17 PM

It’s hard to find what he actually said anywhere online besides a vague quote about “dealt with like in the 50s and 60s” which I would guess probably means therapeutic intervention to get people to like their bodies (albeit also with the homophobic twist that would have been involved then.)

There are a bunch of Reddit threads about “the risks of non-violent protest” - although if you followed the civil rights movement of the 60s you’d know that the riots that followed MLK’s assassination set back the course of MLK’s mission.

Who actually benefits from constantly exaggerating and misstating what people on the far right say? You are encouraging people already inclined that way to think that the violence, like lynching or Nazism, is actually a widespread viewpoint, and therefore spreading the increase of far right views. The left wing has remained moderate while the right has gone very far right. Even while some in the left think that immediately exaggerating offenses and trying to arouse extreme anger instead of political discourse is a good thing.

What are you angry about, specifically, here? About suggesting that trying to be happy in the body you were born with isn’t a bad thing?

by Anonymousreply 49March 15, 2023 4:12 PM

[quote] Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from the consequences of hate speech.

Wait. What?

by Anonymousreply 50March 15, 2023 4:15 PM

R48 Threatened by foreign, 4-syllable words?

by Anonymousreply 51March 15, 2023 4:20 PM

People are talking about “that non-violent stuff will get you killed” and guns, and being afraid of lynching. If actual lynching isn’t what most people on the right are talking about - and it definitely isn’t - then why are so many articles on the left trying to suggest that it is, knowing what the reaction would be? And also leaving out any attempt at point by point rational debate?

Setting up fake far right viewpoints, leading to more far right extremism…why does it seem like the “far left” is really the extreme far right in disguise, trying to manipulate the political system so that people will vote them into power - due to the left not actually talking about anything and shouting when asked?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52March 15, 2023 4:25 PM

I looked at the source video to try to find out what was actually said and what was the context. There was no call for violence, so it seems that it is an interpretation of what he said about men in the 1950s and 60s. The immediate context of what he was saying appears to have been the story of the Pennsylvania swimmer who displayed their male genitalia to the female teammates in the locker room, and the showing of the genitalia to women would be what he said would have been “dealt with”.

by Anonymousreply 53March 15, 2023 4:48 PM

"Threatened by foreign, 4-syllable words?"

No - just brain dead hyperbole

by Anonymousreply 54March 15, 2023 4:55 PM

R53, in that case he was using hate speech. Thanks for clarifying.

by Anonymousreply 55March 15, 2023 5:24 PM

R53, it’s hate speech because clearly- even if you don’t believe the ideology yourself- the swimmer believes it and is not willfully breaking the law. So to attack as though a sexual assault were being committed is wrong. So that would be considered hate speech by most right wingers too.

by Anonymousreply 56March 15, 2023 5:26 PM

Fuck Charlie Kirk. Hate that troll.

And fuck the stupid TRAs who make everything worse.

I hate them both (though I hate Kirk much more).

by Anonymousreply 57March 15, 2023 5:34 PM

R42 😳🙄

No, sweetie.

TRAs are homophobes who want to literally wipe out a generation of homosexuals.

Gays, lesbians, feminists, & liberals are anti-violence.

If you’re pro-violence, then you’re actually a Trumper.

Why are you trying to feed us to the wolves?

You’re just proving the theory that T ideology is a Trojan Horse designed to defeat us from the inside.

The Trojan Horse has been successful. The MRAs are getting everything they want.

by Anonymousreply 58March 15, 2023 5:46 PM

R49 that is an interesting take on the civil rights movement and not one I have heard before. You're saying the US was on the path to racial harmony (thanks to MLK and no one else) but those rambunctious blacks ruined it with their post-assasination rioting? I also loved you little theory about how racism and hate is caused by people talking about racism and hate. Boy, I didn't see that coming. You're a very smart person who clearly understands the world. Keep the pearls of wisdom coming.

by Anonymousreply 59March 15, 2023 6:01 PM

The statement they are twisting is the idea that if these trans identifying men had exposed themselves to their sisters or daughters in the 50s or maybe 60s, the fathers or brothers would have punched the guy's lights out. Or at least warned him to knock it off - in a forceful manly way. I don't really have a problem with that. My brother would have done that to protect me and he's a very progressive peaceful guy. Charlie Kirk may be wrong on lots of things but on this he is absolutely correct.

The TRAs and Antifa, their natural allies and fellow TRAs, have ratcheted up everything so it's all violence by them now. This is the level you reach when they know they can get away with almost anything they want to do. They are violent fascists playing DARVO and larping as a militia. They need to be properly labeled a terrorist organization. Oh, that's right . . . they don't exist.

by Anonymousreply 60March 15, 2023 6:05 PM

R59 is a purposely misleading take on r49. Like a red herring, 59 answers no questions. Just pours fuel on the fire. Obviously their goal is to divide us & get us to fight amongst ourselves, leaving the republicans to waltz into office & do as they please.

Good job with assisting the repukes, r59! You are ruthless & shameless. Just like them!

by Anonymousreply 61March 15, 2023 6:43 PM

What the fuck is wrong with his head?

Do all of these useless, pathetic closeted losers have gigantic heads or tiny pinheads so we can instantly recognize them in the wild? Because they ALL do.

Deformed fugly motherfuckers.

by Anonymousreply 62March 15, 2023 6:52 PM

I dunno, OP.

They look more like a bunch of tourists touring the campus to me.

Just a normal tourist visit.... amirite!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63March 15, 2023 6:53 PM

Violence = cash

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64March 15, 2023 8:05 PM

R59, MLK was a believer in non-violent protest and working together. Have you studied the civil rights movement much? There were ministers with fake POC identities- one was actually a white Greek man - who were trying to create a “back to Africa” black separatist movement on false pretenses while accepting money from the KKK. So yes, posing as something you’re not to achieve a political goal is an old trick.

by Anonymousreply 65March 15, 2023 8:57 PM

Huh. MIB is a private security firm. Did Kirk hire them?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66March 15, 2023 9:05 PM

“Elijah's pro-separation views were compatible with those of some white supremacist organizations in the 1960s.[38] He met with leaders of the Ku Klux Klan in 1961 to work toward the purchase of farmland in the Deep South.[39] For more than ten years Elijah received major financial support from white supremacist Texas oil baron H. L. Hunt due to Elijah's belief in racial separation from whites. The money helped Elijah to acquire opulent homes for himself and his family and establish overseas bank accounts.[40]“

MLK - who wanted people to work together- got assassinated. But Elijah Mohammed got overseas bank accounts and opulent homes, courtesy of the KKK.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67March 15, 2023 9:25 PM

“Along with the growing appeal of law and order as a political attitude came a rejection of the liberal state and its ameliorationist, integrationist attitude toward the inner-city poor. Conservatives drew a direct line connecting ghetto unrest and liberal social policy, an accusation that also appealed to the pocketbooks of a new generation of middle-class, suburban whites.“

Violent protest equals an excuse for the far right to enact reactionary policies. Non violent protest led to Brown v Board of Education.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68March 15, 2023 9:35 PM

The #Antifa violence at @ucdavis was incited with the help of disinformation pusher/serial hoaxer Erin Reed, formerly known as Anthony Reed II. Reed spread the lie that @charliekirk11 called for "lynchings" to millions on Twitter.

@sacbee_news published the lie (written by opinion assistant editor @hannahrholzer) & was forced to retract it in full with an apology.

Erin Reed was used as a "reliable source" of information on transgender issues on the PBS @NewsHour

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69March 18, 2023 5:36 AM

Those hormones must be strong.

by Anonymousreply 70March 18, 2023 5:53 AM

Erin’s terrible polyester wig and 5 o’clock shadow offends my delicate sensibilities. I demand reparations.

by Anonymousreply 71March 18, 2023 2:21 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!