Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Daniels (directors)

Are you looking forward to their next movie? Do you think they've ever fooled around together?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57March 18, 2023 2:44 PM

Quite possible. Scheinert has BDF

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 13, 2023 7:59 PM

directors of what?

by Anonymousreply 2March 13, 2023 8:00 PM

No and No.

Based on his verbal diarrhea last night, Kwan must be exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 3March 13, 2023 8:01 PM

R3 Classic moment last night... Kwan at the end (after many minutes of speaking for earlier awards) says "we've already said enough but let me say briefly... " and then talked for five more minutes.

Earlier he had said, almost as an aside, "... for those of us with self-esteem issues.." As I said in the realtime thread, if anyone says they have self-esteem issues, trust them, they do. Too much esteem and too much self.

by Anonymousreply 4March 13, 2023 8:05 PM

They're both cute. Not getting the hate.

I don't think they're into dudes, but they'd make a cute couple.

by Anonymousreply 5March 13, 2023 8:16 PM

Overhyped hacks.

by Anonymousreply 6March 13, 2023 8:17 PM

Are their first names both Daniel? I first thought they were married to each other with the last name Daniel.

by Anonymousreply 7March 13, 2023 8:18 PM

The first one, R7. They're not gay and their partnership is strictly professional.

by Anonymousreply 8March 13, 2023 8:23 PM

Kwan is married as he thanked his wife. I suspect the bald guy to be homosexual. He was a bit on fire last night.

by Anonymousreply 9March 13, 2023 8:24 PM

The White one's mother remained paralysed after delivering that.

by Anonymousreply 10March 13, 2023 8:27 PM

There's no way the white one is straight. He wore yellow nail polish and gave a Drag shout out.

by Anonymousreply 11March 13, 2023 8:27 PM

Odd that there is not mention of anything "in the works" for these guys on IMDB considering the film's success.

by Anonymousreply 12March 13, 2023 8:28 PM

[quote] Odd that there is not mention of anything "in the works" for these guys on IMDB considering the film's success.

they just won a ton of Oscars. They will have a tons of things in the works by tomorrow

by Anonymousreply 13March 13, 2023 8:30 PM

I really don't think they fooled around with each other. I'm not anticipating anything from them but hope they enjoy their moment.

by Anonymousreply 14March 13, 2023 8:31 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15March 13, 2023 8:33 PM

Scheinert looks like a colleague of mine who works in IT. And just like my colleague, he pings like a mf to me!

by Anonymousreply 16March 13, 2023 8:34 PM

I didn't know who they were before winning this award and I probably won't have much of an idea who they are after winning this award.

Perhaps they'll direct a film I'll see someday.

by Anonymousreply 17March 13, 2023 8:36 PM

Sometimes nerdy guys are mistaken for gay and these guys are ULTRA nerdy

by Anonymousreply 18March 13, 2023 8:37 PM

They definitely fucked while working on that project. I like the energy between them, though, and I really like Daniel's personality and look (don't you dare judge me!). I can see them eating off this success for five-ish years and doing another project together.

by Anonymousreply 19March 13, 2023 8:40 PM

What R18 said.

I also doubt they "fooled around together." They're a successful creative partnership which is no easy thing to sustain. They're not sexually curious college roommates waking up from a blackout bender.

by Anonymousreply 20March 13, 2023 8:41 PM

I wonder if that had a three-way with the film's editor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21March 13, 2023 8:43 PM

Judging by looks alone I bet Scheinert has a huge dick.

by Anonymousreply 22March 13, 2023 8:47 PM

White one looks familiar

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23March 13, 2023 8:51 PM

Ew gross OP

by Anonymousreply 24March 13, 2023 8:59 PM

Baldy looks like a child toucher who is violating his keep 500 ft from a school ordinance

by Anonymousreply 25March 13, 2023 9:02 PM

I don't think they've fooled around together. They seem to be very close and enjoy working together. They had a great night last night! Good for them.

by Anonymousreply 26March 13, 2023 9:10 PM

They’re both annoying af. I’m glad these Oscars are done, so the two and short round can sink back into oblivion.

by Anonymousreply 27March 13, 2023 9:23 PM

They coordinated their outfits to match one another. They've done all the things.

by Anonymousreply 28March 13, 2023 9:51 PM

Their first movie was about farts and this one was about buttplugs and lesbians with hotdog fingers. I’m guessing the next one will be 3 hours of people playing in shit.

by Anonymousreply 29March 13, 2023 9:54 PM

You mad, R29?

by Anonymousreply 30March 13, 2023 10:00 PM

I wonder if the Daniels have experimented with buttplugs.

by Anonymousreply 31March 13, 2023 10:03 PM

You 12 years old, R30?

by Anonymousreply 32March 13, 2023 10:11 PM

Okay, we were at our Oscar party bitching away and looking up stuff on our smartphones, and during the Oscar speech someone screeched "Wait a minute, Kwan is married to a WOMAN???". And everyone else said "What?", or "He's Asian, his family would expect it, whether he's straight or not". So, my totally out-of-my-ass guess is that they're both work and life partners, but Kwan's family is pressuring him into some heteronormality.

So, if either Daniel is here, feel free to comment!

by Anonymousreply 33March 14, 2023 12:10 AM

Come on, it's clear. Kwan wrote Joy about himself and Daniel is Becky... his, "friend."

by Anonymousreply 34March 14, 2023 7:25 AM

And yeah, they wrote a movie about an Asian mother who isn't accepting of her gay child. Ya think there's some issues there?

by Anonymousreply 35March 15, 2023 11:42 PM

Well, keep in mind, it wasn't originally written about an Asian mother. It was written about an Asian father who wasn't accepting of his gay child.

by Anonymousreply 36March 16, 2023 12:41 AM

According to their Wikipedia page, there's this about Scheinert:

"In 2023, he stated that in his youth he dressed in drag."

by Anonymousreply 37March 16, 2023 1:00 AM

I also came across this in an interview with Kwan:

"When I was growing up, people were convinced I was gay. They would even through slurs at me. I am not comparing myself to a gay person who had to deal with that because there is no comparison, but because of that, I feel comfortable within spaces where people are allowed to express their gender or sexuality in whatever way they want to."

In that same interview, there's also this exchange in talking with the Daniels:

INTERVIEWER: There's even a drag moment in the movie.

DS: I love drag! There is a gender switch where a guy ends up in a salsa dancer's dress.

DK: Daniel is very convincing in drag when he wants to be.

DS: I look a lot like my mom once I shave.

INTERVIEWER: There are drag pictures of you out there in the world?

DS: Oh yeah!

by Anonymousreply 38March 16, 2023 1:05 AM

Daniel S. is out of the Birmingham theater scene. Bi/Gay - played one of the contestants in Pageant on stage about 20 years ago and did a bunch of other queer focused projects

by Anonymousreply 39March 16, 2023 4:24 AM

I thought the same thing about them when I first read up on them after watching EEAAO. Fast forward a month and on a whim I started watching their first joint effort, “Swiss Army Man”. Lots of homo-vibes there.

Then I dove a bit more into Daniel “BDF” Scheinert and saw one of his few solo projects, top-billed of which was this, a film about people dealing with the repercussions of zoophilia:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40March 16, 2023 5:50 AM

They're the first millennials to win this Oscar so I guess thats a little slice of history for them.

by Anonymousreply 41March 16, 2023 6:00 AM

Can you imagine if Scheinert has contact lenses and a full head of hair? Woof!

by Anonymousreply 42March 16, 2023 6:04 AM

[quote]There's no way the white one is straight. He wore yellow nail polish and gave a Drag shout out.

Well, he has a female partner. He says so in this video at the :20 sec mark, and I remember he thanked her in some award speech.

Shocking, I know. Maybe he's bi or pansexual, because he definitely pings to the high heavens.

But that's becoming less and less of an indicator these days. I agree with the comment upthread that nerdy and gay often get conflated. Nerdy men tend to express themselves with feminine mannerisms, vocal tone and body language which often is misconstrued for gayness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43March 16, 2023 9:56 AM

[quote] Nerdy men tend to express themselves with feminine mannerisms, vocal tone and body language which often is misconstrued for gayness.

What kind of woman wants a man like that? I mean, I get the idea that toxic masculinity is problematic, but does Mrs. Scheinert want her pussy pounded like Veal Saltimbocca once in awhile?

Or does she get that from her own soft butch sous chef wielding a 12” strap-on?

by Anonymousreply 44March 16, 2023 3:28 PM

They both ping off the radar. Don’t care what “women” they’re with - they both prefer cock.

by Anonymousreply 45March 16, 2023 3:36 PM

I think they’ve done stuff together. Maybe bi or curious.

Putting their actual orientation aside, I do feel a little odd about straight identified men making a movie about a gay girl coming out.

by Anonymousreply 46March 16, 2023 3:49 PM

Also, assuming they’re straight, I wish I had met such emotionally open, sensitive, creative straight guys in my youth. I’m about their age and even the less douchey straight guys were still pretty intolerant, closed off, and hostile to the arts unless they could pass their interest in them off as ironic or postmodernist.

by Anonymousreply 47March 16, 2023 3:59 PM

R46 Because a gay director never could make a movie about straight people....

by Anonymousreply 48March 16, 2023 4:15 PM

These guys are like a newer version Trey Parker and Matt Stone.

by Anonymousreply 49March 16, 2023 10:28 PM

The tall one looks like he has a big weiner.

by Anonymousreply 50March 16, 2023 10:29 PM

[quote]They're the first millennials to win this Oscar so I guess that's a little slice of history for them.

They're the third and fourth. Damien Chazelle (born 1985) and Chloe Zhao (born 1982) are also from that generation.

by Anonymousreply 51March 16, 2023 11:01 PM

They did Jennifer Coolidge’s latest photoshoot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52March 16, 2023 11:23 PM

Why did this thread die?

by Anonymousreply 53March 17, 2023 3:23 PM

More of the hot editor and less of these two clowns.

by Anonymousreply 54March 17, 2023 4:46 PM

To me the directors are hotter than the editor. They have just the right amount of swishiness.

by Anonymousreply 55March 17, 2023 7:54 PM

Because the Daniels are boring, r53

by Anonymousreply 56March 18, 2023 2:44 AM

I bet after a long night of filming, they just tear one off together.

by Anonymousreply 57March 18, 2023 2:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!