Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hugh Grant Acting Like An Asshole Tonight At The Oscars

WTF is wrong with him? Jesus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523April 13, 2023 1:06 AM

Cranky professional baby daddy. Totally "ok" to ignore him and his mood swings.

by Anonymousreply 1March 13, 2023 4:40 AM

Oh that's just his British humor. He's really trying to be cheerful and funny. He does it to everyone. Watch him on inside the actress studio. He's hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 2March 13, 2023 4:43 AM

Her first question was awkward.

by Anonymousreply 3March 13, 2023 4:43 AM

[quote] Watch him on inside the actress studio

?

by Anonymousreply 4March 13, 2023 4:52 AM

[quote]Her first question was awkward.

But she hammered home with the rest her questions putting Walter Cronkite, Edward R. Murrow and David Brinkley to shame.

by Anonymousreply 5March 13, 2023 4:57 AM

I saw that too, and wondered why he was being such a jerk. I saw him roll his eyes and it sort off pissed me off. Low class.

by Anonymousreply 6March 13, 2023 5:26 AM

I think the reason he comes off as an asshole is because he answered the questions honestly.

by Anonymousreply 7March 13, 2023 5:59 AM

Not everyone wants to be an airhead in La La Land.

That female on the left of the screen looked 50% plastic and 50% silicone.

by Anonymousreply 8March 13, 2023 6:11 AM

He was okay, IMO. Not playing the game. But why did he even show up.

by Anonymousreply 9March 13, 2023 6:15 AM

[quote] 50% plastic and 50% silicone.

That’s what Hugh likes when he’s driving around LA.

by Anonymousreply 10March 13, 2023 6:16 AM

Yikes! She was wonderfully professional and he was an ass.

by Anonymousreply 11March 13, 2023 6:17 AM

Dopey LA broads do fellatio better than they do conversation.

by Anonymousreply 12March 13, 2023 6:18 AM

[quote] That’s what Hugh likes when he’s driving around LA.

No, bitch! He wants the real stuff -- ass, titties and brown sugar.

by Anonymousreply 13March 13, 2023 6:19 AM

Kudos to the woman interviewing the jerk. She kept it going and ended the interview graciously. He didn't even try.

by Anonymousreply 14March 13, 2023 6:20 AM

[quote] Why was he there?

I heard his female companion (whose name I don't know) had some business function to fullfil.

And Englishmen do have a 'dry sense of humour'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15March 13, 2023 6:32 AM

Hugh Grant hasn't aged well at all. 62, but looks closer to 72, even with good lighting. He blamed it on not using moisturizer, when his four pack a day nicki habit is to blame.

by Anonymousreply 16March 13, 2023 7:04 AM

Her questions as well as all her commentaries on the Beige carpet gave new meaning to dumb cunt. I think he was the only reacting appropriately to her, whoever she is.

by Anonymousreply 17March 13, 2023 7:12 AM

That was not dry humor. He was being difficult. If he had not been on live TV, I bet he would’ve said something to her for not knowing what he meant by Vanity Fair. I mean he was bold enough to roll his eyes as he walked away.

Others were gracious—like Pedro Pascal—when asked what he was wearing. The actors expect inane questions and he fucking knows better.

I just saw him in Sense and Sensibilty and he couldn’t stutter his way out of a paper bag. And don’t get me started on that fisted, hesitant walk.

by Anonymousreply 18March 13, 2023 7:13 AM

Nah, OP. Only some trigger-sensitive flowers are going off about it. Everyone in the UK thought him amusing. The interviewer's questions were wearily inane, and fully deserving of the eyeroll: she needs to stop fronting up in her grandmother's knickers if she wants to be taken seriously. Everyone knows Grant's personality, and a skilled interviewer needs to be on his wavelength. The only wavelength this heap of shallow Hollywood smarm was on was Brenda Dicksons.

by Anonymousreply 19March 13, 2023 7:15 AM

WTF was she wearing? It looked like underwear.

Still, he was a jerk to her, when he was so funny and upbeat when presenting with Andie MacDowell. He chose to treat her like garbage.

by Anonymousreply 20March 13, 2023 7:15 AM

You know how bitchy Brits can be...

by Anonymousreply 21March 13, 2023 7:22 AM

Andy was being stiff.

Have a sense of humor lady, it’s the Oscars.

It’s not the Nobel prize.

by Anonymousreply 22March 13, 2023 7:23 AM

Looks like he was being very difficult and trying to be funny at the same time. The cheerful interviewer handled it well.

by Anonymousreply 23March 13, 2023 7:28 AM

He was rude and patronizing, acting like he was above being there and answering the same questions everyone else answered. I'm sick of Brits getting a pass for having a 'dry sense of humor' when they're just cunts.

by Anonymousreply 24March 13, 2023 7:33 AM

He couldn't believe someone had the nerve to ask him these basic questions. Hugh, honey, that's Hollywood. You smile, joke a little (without taking the piss out of someone), and you try to make it a fun little moment. The eye roll at the end was nasty.

by Anonymousreply 25March 13, 2023 7:33 AM

[quote] And Englishmen do have a 'dry sense of humour'.

Dry sense of humor = no sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 26March 13, 2023 7:46 AM

Does he not know what his job is? These pampered actors need a reality check.

by Anonymousreply 27March 13, 2023 7:46 AM

[quote] Everyone in the UK thought him amusing.

0/10

by Anonymousreply 28March 13, 2023 7:47 AM

Hasn't he always been an asshole?

by Anonymousreply 29March 13, 2023 7:49 AM

He’s such a jerk and just oozes baggage.

by Anonymousreply 30March 13, 2023 7:51 AM

British people aren’t as pretentious as Americans. Americans like fake. That’s why British TV never works in the US. Like the American version of The Office always had to have happy endings at the end of each episode. Brits don’t believe in happy endings.

I don’t know if that makes sense but I get it.

by Anonymousreply 31March 13, 2023 7:55 AM

The exchange about "Vanity Fair".

She thought he was referring to the 2023 magazine after party.

He was talking about the 1848 novel about shallow society,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32March 13, 2023 7:55 AM

R32 That was his only dick moment.

He knew that airhead wouldn’t get it.

by Anonymousreply 33March 13, 2023 7:56 AM

He was upset she called him a “veteran”.

by Anonymousreply 34March 13, 2023 7:56 AM

There is nothing wrong with Grant's response. He probably wasn't comfortable answering those questions at that moment.

by Anonymousreply 35March 13, 2023 7:57 AM

He was talking about the concept of a vanity fair, r32, originally from Bunyan's Pilgrim's Progress.

by Anonymousreply 36March 13, 2023 8:01 AM

The “Vanity Fair” comment was definitely planned as he would know that pretty much every interviewer on the champagne carpet would assume that he was talking about VF the magazine and its after party.

I find him quite funny when his humour is at his own expense (e.g. the scrotum joke) but purposefully planning to embarrass someone on live TV (which I’m sure that he did) was a dick move.

by Anonymousreply 37March 13, 2023 8:03 AM

It’s Grant’s humor.

This is a fun interview of him and Sandra.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38March 13, 2023 8:04 AM

Some snowflakes need to relax. If ABC had talented ppl to interview that could have been a very fun moment.. Instead they now have a plus size model wearing lingerie and a former child star asking dull questions which they don’t know how to react (if the answer is unexpected) or come up with the same dry humor to keep the interview going. I actually loved when he said his tailor made his suit.

Joan Rivers… Good times.

by Anonymousreply 39March 13, 2023 8:12 AM

[quote] Ashley Graham.

Is this someone we need to know about?

by Anonymousreply 40March 13, 2023 8:18 AM

Being “interviewed” by that retarded bitch with the vocal fry, granny knickers and inane questions is enough to make anyone roll their eyes.

by Anonymousreply 41March 13, 2023 8:30 AM

The interviewer asked a badly-phrased and vacuous first question and Hugh Grant wasn’t hoping that anyone in particular would win. Then he’s asked an even sillier question about his clothes: it’s not his fault the interviewer was crap.

by Anonymousreply 42March 13, 2023 8:43 AM

Jesus Christ, those questions were inept and painful! He was way nicer than I expected, having read these comments. He was in Glass Onion in a one minute cameo and she asked him what it was like to film a thriller? She clearly didn’t know anything about Hugh Grant and wasn’t prepared at all.

by Anonymousreply 43March 13, 2023 9:03 AM

I wish he had gotten cornholed in "Maurice".

by Anonymousreply 44March 13, 2023 10:32 AM

Even though the people working the red carpet tend to be pretty vapid; it's a tough job: you're talking to someone for like 30 seconds & this person has been spitting out sound bytes like a pez dispenser all night & all you want is some little nugget to keep people for changing the channel. However banal it might be, that's the game for both sides. Hugh knows this, but just acts like an asshole for the sake of being an asshole. And I don't think it's a British thing - say something charming & gracious & be on your way - you're an actor for fuckssake, just fake it!

by Anonymousreply 45March 13, 2023 10:57 AM

He was fine in this clip. He was trolling, but he wasn't trollher HER in a mean way. Just being dry and droll about the whole thing. Plus, she was rude in the manner of many American red-carpet quote-unquote "interviewers," where the "interview question" is just for them to blather on and on.

by Anonymousreply 46March 13, 2023 11:15 AM

This Englishman's two minutes of peevishness provided the only thing of interest from this long tedious night in La La Land.

by Anonymousreply 47March 13, 2023 11:21 AM

I thought he was fine. But then again I live in the UK and am surrounded by people just like him. In fact, a few years ago he was looking to buy a horse property not too far down the road from me. I don't think he bought it though.

by Anonymousreply 48March 13, 2023 11:22 AM

I didn't watch so not sure who the person was but Hugh is known for not liking the Hollywood game and red carpet bullshit and I don't blame him.

by Anonymousreply 49March 13, 2023 11:25 AM

Nobody forced him to do this interview. He did it for a few extra minutes of camera time. And he's been around long enough to know these brief carpet interviews are always soft basic questions because there's no time for depth of any kind. "Who/what are you wearing?" has been standard for 3 decades now, thanks to Joan.

If he doesn't like it, don't do it. Plenty of people don't.

by Anonymousreply 50March 13, 2023 11:26 AM

Didn’t this idiot get busted for getting a blowjob in a car? He’s fugly!!!!

by Anonymousreply 51March 13, 2023 11:26 AM

[quote]She was wonderfully professional and he was an ass.

What profession would that be?

Not one where she has any inkling of how to phrase a question to elicit a good response. Not one where she might know to ask one of her subjects a different sort of question than given to the rest (But wasn't it great fun to film your three seconds in The Glass Onion? It was fun, right?) Not one where she has a clue how to shift gears when the subject is less than forthcoming to the first questions.

Americans do place a high value on the appearance of everything being "fun" and light and bubbly and feigning close relationships with strangers. The appearance of a friendly exchange has more value than any substance: the former is emphasized, the latter of no importance whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 52March 13, 2023 11:28 AM

He's English. The world-weary cynicism and nonchalance can grate at times.

His first remark -- "vanity fair" -- does hit the mark.

by Anonymousreply 53March 13, 2023 11:32 AM

Team Hugh all the way. I assume this woman doesn't have any experience in reporting? You can't hand just anyone a microphone and expect things to go well.

The Vanity Fair thing was painful.

by Anonymousreply 54March 13, 2023 11:36 AM

She's not a reporter. That's model Ashley Graham, and it's very common for these type of interviews to be done by lower-level celebrities. Again, Hugh knows the deal. He could have declined a carpet moment, or just try to be as gracious to her as she was to him. He's perfectly capable of playing humble when he needs to.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55March 13, 2023 11:40 AM

I like how he refers to the Oscars spectacle being "Vanity Fair" - I'm guessing he's referring to the Thackeray novel about human folly, but of course the gal thinks he's talking about the after party. She did the best she could. He's right but should have stayed home.

by Anonymousreply 56March 13, 2023 11:49 AM

I hate this vacuous small talk as much as the next person, but I've also been in her position, where it's your job and you have to just get through it. It is possible to carry off a conversation like that where the subtext for both people is "this is stupid, and I hate it," and still be polite to the other person. Americans, despite their reputation for mindless pleasantries, are often quite capable of understanding that, and adapting to it.

Also, Grant opted into the interview. He could have just said "no."

by Anonymousreply 57March 13, 2023 11:53 AM

I would love someone to have asked him: “As a later in life Dad, do you dread the day your kids google Divine Brown?”

by Anonymousreply 58March 13, 2023 11:59 AM

[quote]Grant opted into the interview. He could have just said "no."

Could he have been contractually obliged to participate?

by Anonymousreply 59March 13, 2023 12:05 PM

What a miserable wanker.

by Anonymousreply 60March 13, 2023 12:15 PM

At least we knew who he was.

by Anonymousreply 61March 13, 2023 12:19 PM

Hugh - are you still in touch with Divine Brown?

by Anonymousreply 62March 13, 2023 12:21 PM

You're just mad OP, because his nickname is "Huge Grant" and you know you can never have him.

by Anonymousreply 63March 13, 2023 12:23 PM

R63 is Hugh Grant.

by Anonymousreply 64March 13, 2023 12:32 PM

I'm more bothered by OP's picture of that cunt Rooney Mara once again looking like a refugee who's been separated from her family.

Must this bitch always let the world know just how miserable she is to be rich and entitled?

by Anonymousreply 65March 13, 2023 12:38 PM

Bullshit to his defenders. He knew exactly what to expect from an 3 minute w and an on the red carpet and if it really bothered him he wouldn't have agreed to the interview. He saw it as an opportunity to enhance his status by belittling and humiliating a young and experienced reporter. It wasn't some kind of masterclass flex, it was Punching down. It was tacky.

by Anonymousreply 66March 13, 2023 12:39 PM

At least it was real. What other champagne carpet moments are we talking about? But I get the argument he knew the game so whatever the bimbo said, he was obligated to play along. You can't say Angela Bassett was classless for sulking in the front row and then say Hugh just had no patience. He didn't, but the game requires otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 67March 13, 2023 12:44 PM

I don’t think it was so bad. He answered her questions. These interviewers are just trying to pump people up but for some of these people it’s just work at the end of the day. Grant strikes me as someone who would rather have been elsewhere but probably had some obligation to be there. I think he has the right attitude- I.e. not taking this celebrity thing too seriously.

As for the glass onion question, it did seem as though she thought he had a bigger part than he did. I mean he literally could have phoned that performance in. Had she not mentioned it I probably wouldn’t even have remembered him being in it at all.

by Anonymousreply 68March 13, 2023 12:50 PM

R68 She was desperately trying to engage him in conversation. "Glass Onion" was her last resort, and he continued to be a supreme asshole to her.

Granted, she was vapid and inane, but all the folks asking questions on the red carpet are like that. It's not like he hasn't been through this kind of thing before.

He looks like a scrotum and IS a scrotum.

by Anonymousreply 69March 13, 2023 1:01 PM

If he wasn't taking the celebrity thing too seriously, he wouldn't have acted above it all. Of course she was going to ask about Glass Onion--it's the only nominated film he was in! She asked him something like "was it fun?" which is a perfectly nice way to bring up that he was in the movie even if it was a tiny part. He could have made a "nice" joke about barely being in it, instead he treated her mentioning it like an insult. Plenty of actors do cameos in movies and talk about enjoying the experience. Daniel Craig had a whole cute story about doing a quick uncredited walk-on as a stormtrooper in The Force Awakens. So Brits can be cheeky-cute.

by Anonymousreply 70March 13, 2023 1:04 PM

I don’t think he owes it to her to make it look like she’s a better reporter than she is. Maybe the problem is that she just isn’t very good and needs to adapt. He’s done her a favour. She can learn from this.

by Anonymousreply 71March 13, 2023 1:04 PM

R71 Right. Hugh Grant, wise mentor of vapid red carpet interviewers.

Puhleez. Quit trying to excuse this dickwad's behavior.

by Anonymousreply 72March 13, 2023 1:07 PM

He didn't do anything wrong. She was asking inane questions. What are you wearing? Who made your suit? You didn't make it?

Are you kidding me? I would have just turned and walked away from such idiocy. And I saw no eyeroll from him, just looking around for someone to hand the microphone to and get away from there.

by Anonymousreply 73March 13, 2023 1:12 PM

R73 First of all, they ALL ask those same questions. I guarantee he's been asked those same questions dozens of times before. It's what they ask on the red carpet.

Second, he does roll his eyes. Watch the clip again as he walks away.

by Anonymousreply 74March 13, 2023 1:14 PM

Whenever I see Hugh these days either at work or off the clock, I’m just like, “oh, the poor old fella’s tired again.” He needs to go into hibernation for a few years.

He’s still capable of being gracious, witty and at least somewhat engaged when he’s speaking about something important to him or important in general. He’s like Rob Pattinson in that regard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75March 13, 2023 1:15 PM

Meh. A lot of these red carpet interviewers are annoying as shit.

by Anonymousreply 76March 13, 2023 1:15 PM

Where was the mention of him being a veteran and of Vanity Fair? It wasn't in OP's clip.

by Anonymousreply 77March 13, 2023 1:16 PM

You’d just expect better questions at an event like the Oscars why do they have to be the same inane questions as every other award show.

by Anonymousreply 78March 13, 2023 1:18 PM

Must be a bit embarrassing for Hugh that she’s making out his role in Glass Onion to be more important than it was.he was probably taken a back and wondering if she’d actually seen the movie.

by Anonymousreply 79March 13, 2023 1:20 PM

R78 Oh, please. All the questions are the same.

"What are you wearing?"

"Who are you looking forward to seeing tonight?"

"What was your favorite film this year?"

"What was it like being in that movie?"

It's all vapid and inane. If Grant wanted a deep conversation, he came to the wrong place.

by Anonymousreply 80March 13, 2023 1:20 PM

He should host next year. With her.

by Anonymousreply 81March 13, 2023 1:21 PM

R79 He could've said something like, "I was only in the movie for about two minutes, but I was happy to be a part of it, even though if you blink, you'll miss me." Gracious answer. Moving on.

Instead, he acted like a dick when she asked about it, and then doubled down on his dickishness when she asked if it was a fun experience.

I really wished at that point she had said, "Well, clearly, you're not interested in talking about movies or the Oscars. So let's talk about that time you got caught getting sucked off by a crackhead whore in your car on Hollywood Boulevard."

by Anonymousreply 82March 13, 2023 1:23 PM

He's so, so over the Oscar's bullship. Maybe he just showed up for the grab bag of free shit?

by Anonymousreply 83March 13, 2023 1:25 PM

Grant's on the job. So is the interviewer. They're on duty.

I'd identify Grant's mistake as a momentary lapse in professionalism.

Yes, he's old, he's seen it all, he's crabby. But, he knows the drill.

True, she lacked the depth of a rain puddle, but I agree with whoever upthread said he was punching down.

by Anonymousreply 84March 13, 2023 1:25 PM

R78/R80 “Hugh! Hugh! C0ke or Pepsi? Boxers or briefs? Anal or oral? Hugh!”

by Anonymousreply 85March 13, 2023 1:25 PM

R82, are you here because this seems to matter to you deeply in a multi-post kind of a way. How has this touched you personally?

by Anonymousreply 86March 13, 2023 1:27 PM

[quote] I really wished at that point she had said, "Well, clearly, you're not interested in talking about movies or the Oscars. So let's talk about that time you got caught getting sucked off by a crackhead whore in your car on Hollywood Boulevard."

Well judging by her reporting skills this sounds about her level.

by Anonymousreply 87March 13, 2023 1:27 PM

More inane questions she could have asked and Hugh should have answered graciously.

What did you have for breakfast today?

Did you go to the bathroom already?

What’s Liz Hurley really like?

Do you still keep in touch with Nicole Kidman?

by Anonymousreply 88March 13, 2023 1:29 PM

R86 I get the feeling you haven't been touched - deeply or otherwise - in many, many decades.

by Anonymousreply 89March 13, 2023 1:31 PM

Really, you are all expecting far too much from a faded drunk old UMC Englishman who isn’t getting many calls these days.

It’s like asking for sparkling squeaky-clean white-veneered conduct from Withnail.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90March 13, 2023 1:31 PM

R86 obviously doesn't understand how DL works.

by Anonymousreply 91March 13, 2023 1:32 PM

A lot of these comments scream FRAU.

by Anonymousreply 92March 13, 2023 1:34 PM

You should have heard this dead beat while I was doing him in his car!

Me: "Does that feel good? You like that baby?"

Hugh: "Well, it's not at all unpleasant. I suppose I could probably like it more."

by Anonymousreply 93March 13, 2023 1:35 PM

Yes, R89, it's not about me. I'm not the one who's made eight increasingly hostile posts about something that didn't happen to me personally.

by Anonymousreply 94March 13, 2023 1:38 PM

R94 Yet here you are, trying to make it about you.

by Anonymousreply 95March 13, 2023 1:39 PM

R77 This clip cuts out the first part of the interview where she calls him an Oscar veteran and he makes the vanity fair comment, which obviously went right over her head.

I was watching it live last night and cringed when she didn't understand the "vanity fair" part. But then his relentlessly asshole-ishness that ensued afterward was really unnecessary on his part.

by Anonymousreply 96March 13, 2023 1:49 PM

He was condescending. Full stop.

And given his privilege, it's inappropriate, no matter how vapid the girl was. It's their job to look good and put a mic in front of people like Mr. Important here, not trade witticisms with them.

The celebrities who are gracious and polite are the memorable ones for me. Sigourney Weaver for instance, who complimented her interviewer's appearance as she ended her interview. The older ones especially should realize how important reputation is to their trade.

by Anonymousreply 97March 13, 2023 2:00 PM

[quote] The celebrities who are gracious and polite are the memorable ones for me.

And yet nobody is talking about her, and everybody is talk oh about Grant.

by Anonymousreply 98March 13, 2023 2:03 PM

R98 For all the wrong reasons.

by Anonymousreply 99March 13, 2023 2:04 PM

And how is that a good thing if the chatter is negative, r98?

by Anonymousreply 100March 13, 2023 2:05 PM

Y'all the Ii interviewer is plus sized model Ashley Graham.

Hugh was probably attracted and wanted all that, so was mean because he had a crush and was really into her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101March 13, 2023 2:08 PM

R101 Her outfit was tragic. Tragic!

Still, Grant was a complete dick to her. I don't think he was attracted to her. He looks STD-filled crack whores who walk the streets.

by Anonymousreply 102March 13, 2023 2:10 PM

She's a very nice person.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103March 13, 2023 2:11 PM

Here's how you respond graciously to inane questions:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104March 13, 2023 2:12 PM

Syrian refugee children with head injuries are more intelligent and articulate than Ashley Graham. You need better boilerplate questions than “you’ve been to the Oscars so many times, you’re such a veteran, what’s your favorite part of coming to the Oscars”? He rolled his eyes, he didn’t call her a fatty dressed like a whorehouse lampshade.

by Anonymousreply 105March 13, 2023 2:16 PM

R104 that was cringe! I’m suspecting a low IQ is helpful in dealing with such inane questions.

by Anonymousreply 106March 13, 2023 2:17 PM

So even a plus sized model has a minus sized brain.

by Anonymousreply 107March 13, 2023 2:18 PM

R106 is Jim Carrey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108March 13, 2023 2:21 PM

Grant is a basic bitch. He should count his lucky stars having made millions in a profession where more talented actors than him are struggling. Three minutes of more of inanity are a small price to pay, it’s not like he has a PhD in astrophysics.

by Anonymousreply 109March 13, 2023 2:22 PM

Brits are sensitive to American fakery. Some don't like the Hollywood red carpet and treating other people like they're less than because they're not a star. LA is all about being a name. It's probably an awkward position to be in.

by Anonymousreply 110March 13, 2023 2:26 PM

Why can’t we heighten our expectations culturally. Why do we have to accept mediocrity and stupid questions like this? Why can’t we expect something more from these shows? That interviewer has an exclusive moment with Hugh Grant aka Clive from Maurice and she couldn’t even ask him what kissing James Wilbuy was like and if they still get together in real life and if he knows who’s secretly gay in Hollywood…

Fail!!

by Anonymousreply 111March 13, 2023 2:27 PM

Good for Hugh. I’m sick of the syrupy phony shut in Hollywood. He doesn’t seem like someone who tolerates idiots.

by Anonymousreply 112March 13, 2023 2:29 PM

Longer clip here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113March 13, 2023 2:34 PM

I can't imagine putting on a big smile and playing along with all the trite and cheesy bullshit. The funniest shit ever was Trey Parker and Matt Stone at the Oscars - they were wearing evening gowns and were out of their heads on LSD, making a complete mockery of the red carpet chatter.

by Anonymousreply 114March 13, 2023 2:35 PM

Hugh has admitted he doesn't take this shit seriously. I read an interview once where said he'd much rather be at home watching tv and eating a curry.

by Anonymousreply 115March 13, 2023 2:36 PM

R115 Then that's where he should've been.

I doubt there was one person there last night - or one TV viewer - who said, "Gosh, I sure hope Hugh Grant shows up. The Oscars are nothing without him!"

by Anonymousreply 116March 13, 2023 2:39 PM

It’s funny how both Hugh and Angela are getting shit for honest human behavior.

by Anonymousreply 117March 13, 2023 2:44 PM

Yeah r115 and I read an interview where Gwyneth Paltrow said she milks cows to relax in the evening.

by Anonymousreply 118March 13, 2023 2:47 PM

Why so pissy R118? It's obvious that he'd rather be elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 119March 13, 2023 2:49 PM

The interviewer was dressed so inappropriately he didn't know where to look. I'm sure it wasn't at the fat hanging over the waist of her undies.

by Anonymousreply 120March 13, 2023 2:54 PM

Then why isn't he elsewhere? He chose to be there! He chose to accept the interview. He might not "want " to be there but feels like he "has" to be there because it keeps his name in peoples heads but it's still a choice. I don't want to be at my job most mondays but if I deal with it by responding like a cunt to the receptionist's vapid pleasantries, that doesn't make me some kind of hero. He's trying to have his cake and eat it too and I see through it and I think it's tacky as hell

by Anonymousreply 121March 13, 2023 2:56 PM

The interviewers are much busier figuring out their outfit and makeup than they are preparing for their job. That's been apparent for several years.

by Anonymousreply 122March 13, 2023 2:58 PM

I don't know why anybody is defending him. It's a short, 2 minute red carpet interview. What else are they supposed to ask these celebrities other than mundane pleasantries? That's the game. Hugh Grant (who wasn't nominated and didn't need to be there) could have stayed home or skipped the carpet if he didn't feel like dealing with banal questions.

by Anonymousreply 123March 13, 2023 2:59 PM

You seem to take it personally R121. These are strangers you will likely never meet and this affects you in no way.

by Anonymousreply 124March 13, 2023 3:00 PM

R123 That’s who he is. He’s always behaved this way.

In an interview he did with Drew Barrymore, he said his wife was terrifying and more manlier than he was.

It’s just his sense of humor. It’s usually making jokes out of honesty.

by Anonymousreply 125March 13, 2023 3:02 PM

If you can tolerate this horrible editing, you’ll see it’s very normal for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126March 13, 2023 3:03 PM

R125 I've seen him give interviews with his dry sense of humor.

His behavior last night was *not* one of this moments. He was just a condescending, disrespectful prick.

by Anonymousreply 127March 13, 2023 3:04 PM

[quote]You’d just expect better questions at an event like the Oscars why do they have to be the same inane questions as every other award show.

Because if you ask some clever, deep question, chances are the interviewee will stammer and not be able to think of a good response on the spur of the moment.

by Anonymousreply 128March 13, 2023 3:10 PM

I'm sure the people defending his rudeness and using the old "He's British" excuse, would have another opinion if he were acting like such a dick and was black.

Don't agree to do interviews or don't show up at all. He knows damned well he's not there to be asked about tension with China. Everything about these events is meant to be vapid.

He showed he was just downright classless. He's just far too impressed with himself for someone who went looking for a hooker.

There was no reason to treat her like that if you're actually a gentleman.

by Anonymousreply 129March 13, 2023 3:14 PM

[quote]if he were acting like such a dick and was black.

Umm, no one brought up color except you but if he was Black and known for this type of humor then he'd get the same reaction. Quit being racist.

by Anonymousreply 130March 13, 2023 3:19 PM

I think most of the people complaining about his behavior and who keep bringing up hookers are fraus because no one else cares.

by Anonymousreply 131March 13, 2023 3:21 PM

R130, "umm" absolute bullshit. It's called a hypothetical, you speed bump. That wasn't humor, that was him being condescending. And I absolutely believe people like you would've been negative towards him if he behaved that way and was a minority. I'm quite familiar with his humor, that's still no excuse for him. He could just fake it.

And R131, you're a fool for thinking one has to be a "frau" for pointing out that you don't get to act all high and mighty when we all know you were looking to pay a hooker. The hooker thing is brought up because it's supposed to humble his ass. You don't get to act as though being interviewed by some dumbass model is so beneath you when the world knows you were arrested hiring a prostitute.

Normally, I don't mind those types of reactions, but come on. It's not like she was rude towards him. We all know it's an event where stupid questions are asked. You're never going to be asked about anything important, so just go with it for the minute you're interviewed by the plus-sized model.

by Anonymousreply 132March 13, 2023 3:34 PM

The spectacle of a woman standing there in acres of gauze that did nothing to conceal her underwear and asking him what he was wearing certainly riveted me! I thought he was honestly flummoxed by the question, “What are you wearing” and that he might well have answered, “I’ve been wondering the same about you.”

by Anonymousreply 133March 13, 2023 3:41 PM

[quote]That wasn't humor, that was him being condescending. And I absolutely believe people like you would've been negative towards him if he behaved that way and was a minority.

And you would be absolutely wrong, speedbump.

by Anonymousreply 134March 13, 2023 3:46 PM

Had they run out good scotch at the open bar? The creaky coot might have been due a bit of social lubrication.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135March 13, 2023 3:48 PM

She was not a great interviewer as far as I could see and I’m not a fan of hers, but he was an ass. Even if you find her trivial and dumb, just hold it together for a few minutes. It was cringe watching it.

by Anonymousreply 136March 13, 2023 3:48 PM

He's always been a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 137March 13, 2023 3:51 PM

[quote]The appearance of a friendly exchange has more value than any substance

You expect substance from a three minute interview, R52?

by Anonymousreply 138March 13, 2023 3:53 PM

[quote] She was not a great interviewer as far as I could see and I’m not a fan of hers, but he was an ass. Even if you find her trivial and dumb, just hold it together for a few minutes.

That’s exactly what he did. People are projecting onto this that he was rude… he just didn’t know how to answer these questions the way she wanted him to.

by Anonymousreply 139March 13, 2023 3:54 PM

I thought it was hilarious. 😁

by Anonymousreply 140March 13, 2023 3:55 PM

R139 He knew exactly what he was doing - being an absolute prick.

by Anonymousreply 141March 13, 2023 3:55 PM

Is anyone else savouring the galactic irony of DL whining about rudeness and bad behaviour?

The planet really can't end soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 142March 13, 2023 3:55 PM

R142 Trying to equate anonymous DL online bitchiness to in-person, live celebrity television interviews is a bit of a stretch, don't ya think?

by Anonymousreply 143March 13, 2023 3:57 PM

R139, he rolled his eyes on camera as soon as he was done talking to her.

by Anonymousreply 144March 13, 2023 3:58 PM

Meh, rude would've been turning the question back on her. What the hell are YOU wearing, and who threw that mess together?

by Anonymousreply 145March 13, 2023 3:58 PM

R145 Yeah, because asking "what are you wearing" is a rude question.

(eye roll)

by Anonymousreply 146March 13, 2023 3:59 PM

There was nothing rude in his responses. She embarrassed herself. Ste took a job she wasn’t any good at. He didn’t embarrass her.

by Anonymousreply 147March 13, 2023 4:00 PM

It's a rude question when you're wearing that.

by Anonymousreply 148March 13, 2023 4:01 PM

She’s lucky she didn’t have someone more No bullshit. I wonder what Lauren Bacall would have thought of her inane questions.

by Anonymousreply 149March 13, 2023 4:02 PM

True, R149. People who act rude always come off well.

by Anonymousreply 150March 13, 2023 4:04 PM

British sense of humor = everyone concerned enjoying the wittiness of clever wordplay.

British dry sense of humor = making fun of you using references you won't get in front of other British people and smiling all the while.

by Anonymousreply 151March 13, 2023 4:04 PM

Rolling your eyes coming off a red carpet interview is fucking rude. She was doing her job and if he didn't want to be there he should have not submitted to an interview. But he's always been a rude asshole.

by Anonymousreply 152March 13, 2023 4:10 PM

But there was no clever wordplay from him, R151.

by Anonymousreply 153March 13, 2023 4:11 PM

What should she have asked him, R149? What his thoughts are on Ukraine? He's a fucking actor. Hilarious that he's on a red carpet at an awards show and copping an attitude about it. Stay the fuck home, then, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 154March 13, 2023 4:14 PM

I love the British sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 155March 13, 2023 4:15 PM

What would Joan Rivers say to him/about him?

by Anonymousreply 156March 13, 2023 4:16 PM

The interviewer acted like she was interviewing him for some school newspaper. Know your audience Bitch!

by Anonymousreply 157March 13, 2023 4:17 PM

Americans are so obsessed with being “nice” above anything else. It’s suffocating and boring.

by Anonymousreply 158March 13, 2023 4:18 PM

Love him in that clip with Ellen. You can tell he doesn't play to the gushing "oh, I'm such a huge fan of yours" bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 159March 13, 2023 4:21 PM

So being an asshole is British humor.

by Anonymousreply 160March 13, 2023 4:22 PM

He had to pay a woman to give him a blowjob. ‘Nuff said.

by Anonymousreply 161March 13, 2023 4:24 PM

It's very important work he's doing, being on a red carpet.

by Anonymousreply 162March 13, 2023 4:25 PM

Hysterical that gay men (or are they?) bring up ancient history about a blow job. No one gives shit. This isn't 1860 anymore.

by Anonymousreply 163March 13, 2023 4:30 PM

If he was so clever, he could have found something interesting to say in response to her predictable questions. He couldn't be bothered.

by Anonymousreply 164March 13, 2023 4:31 PM

[quote] If he was so clever, he could have found something interesting to say in response to her predictable questions.

Well the Vanity Fair comment already went over her head. Good luck with that idea!

by Anonymousreply 165March 13, 2023 4:33 PM

R165 And it’s not like he said anything over the fact that she didn’t get the reference.

by Anonymousreply 166March 13, 2023 4:35 PM

R165, he could have found something interesting to say about his involvement in Knives Out. Maybe he's not that clever except when he's prepared comments ahead of time.

by Anonymousreply 167March 13, 2023 4:40 PM

I just watched the interview. I didn't see a huge problem until the Vanity Fair reference and she thought he was talking about the party. His look was kind of like "omg, they stuck me with this moron". He had a look of incredulity and near panic to me.

by Anonymousreply 168March 13, 2023 4:40 PM

Yes, he's a real intellectual.

by Anonymousreply 169March 13, 2023 4:40 PM

So if you watch that video, that's his thing. He doesn't play the game. He was messing with Oprah.

I like him now, he's a bit of a devil. Good for him.

by Anonymousreply 170March 13, 2023 4:40 PM

R163, who gives a shit about him, period? Or "full stop" as they say in Merry Olde England.

by Anonymousreply 171March 13, 2023 4:41 PM

His complete irreverence has always been his draw for me.

by Anonymousreply 172March 13, 2023 4:42 PM

[quote] Good for him.

Good for him for what, R170?

by Anonymousreply 173March 13, 2023 4:42 PM

[quote] who gives a shit about him, period?

Well you, r171. Rather intensely apparently. Why is that?

by Anonymousreply 174March 13, 2023 4:45 PM

[quote] He had a look of incredulity and near panic to me.

Well she caused the joke to fall like a lead balloon. Maybe she’s the rude one.

by Anonymousreply 175March 13, 2023 4:47 PM

I don't, R174, beyond commenting on what an asshole he is on an Oscars thread. Any other questions?

by Anonymousreply 176March 13, 2023 4:48 PM

No, R175, she wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 177March 13, 2023 4:48 PM

R167 He was in it for 3 seconds, as he said. He probably spent a day on the set and probably not even a full one.

by Anonymousreply 178March 13, 2023 5:00 PM

What should he have asked him, exactly?

by Anonymousreply 179March 13, 2023 5:03 PM

R176, but you've done it thirteen times.

by Anonymousreply 180March 13, 2023 5:03 PM

Talking to himself would have made it worse, R179.

by Anonymousreply 181March 13, 2023 5:04 PM

*What should she

by Anonymousreply 182March 13, 2023 5:04 PM

You care enough to count my posts, R180?

by Anonymousreply 183March 13, 2023 5:05 PM

I am fascinated enough by your disorder to, yes, R183.

You're fucking crazy.

by Anonymousreply 184March 13, 2023 5:07 PM

You also miscounted the first time, R184. And remember you counted my posts, not the other way around.

And you're a fucking cunt.

by Anonymousreply 185March 13, 2023 5:10 PM

This is who Ashley Graham was going home to last night, so, no, I won't feel sorry for her!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186March 13, 2023 5:12 PM

Of course, all of us would have gotten the reference to the 19th century novel "Vanity Fair". It's one of the most famous novels of all time.

by Anonymousreply 187March 13, 2023 5:13 PM

Hugh who????

by Anonymousreply 188March 13, 2023 5:13 PM

I have R183 blocked but it's having some sort of psychotic break?

by Anonymousreply 189March 13, 2023 5:17 PM

I have R189 blocked because she seems to be some kind of troll.

by Anonymousreply 190March 13, 2023 5:19 PM

The line between banter and shithousing is becoming more nebulous with time, apparently....

by Anonymousreply 191March 13, 2023 5:26 PM

[quote] shithousing

What's that, R191?

by Anonymousreply 192March 13, 2023 5:32 PM

I LOVE that he acted this way causing frau cows and keyboard karens everywhere to lose their shit over some inane red carpet bullshit banter that most sane people don't give a flying fuck about.

by Anonymousreply 193March 13, 2023 5:38 PM

Really, R193? That's what you LOVE?

by Anonymousreply 194March 13, 2023 5:41 PM

Right R193?

by Anonymousreply 195March 13, 2023 5:43 PM

He was refreshing. Her questions were dumb and how he avoided staring at those gargantuan granny panties is a testament to his restraint.

by Anonymousreply 196March 13, 2023 5:43 PM

[quote] He was refreshing.

Oh, brother. Maybe to a Brit.

by Anonymousreply 197March 13, 2023 5:44 PM

Why did ABC let her dress like a common whore with her fat hanging out like she was some commoner working the elliptical machine at the local gym?

Her questions were befitting of such a low-rent presentation.

by Anonymousreply 198March 13, 2023 5:45 PM

Amused that questioning the interview style of the illiterate, ill informed and banal question asking interviewer is "punching down" in the US, and that you are all frothing at the mouth because Grant didn't fix on their "have a nice day" smile on for that vacuous interviewer. I'm fairly sure that it's only in the US that being stupid is lauded, and that anyone that fails to stoop to that level is an "asshole".

by Anonymousreply 199March 13, 2023 5:54 PM

That interviewer was such an idiot.

"Who is Thackeray?"

by Anonymousreply 200March 13, 2023 5:55 PM

R192 SO glad you asked I love getting the chance to introduce this to Yanks!!!!

Essentially it implies a combination of acting the wind-up merchant, and also a rude aggy little prick who's trying to pick a fight--in American and internet parlance, think trash-talking+trolling+fucking around (and probably finding out later on).

It's more impolite, taunting, demeaning and hostile than just a bit of banter, which is usually playful and friendly with the intent of connecting with the target on an equal level (though it may not sound that way to foreign ears).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201March 13, 2023 5:56 PM

R199, not all just a clutch of frauen. I'm Southern and totally love his Vanity Fair remark and her subsequent bimbo response.

by Anonymousreply 202March 13, 2023 5:58 PM

[quote] I'm fairly sure that it's only in the US that being stupid is lauded, and that anyone that fails to stoop to that level is an "asshole".

Well, R199, Brits have to feel superior about something, I guess. Rolling your eyes at an interviewer sounds about right.

by Anonymousreply 203March 13, 2023 6:08 PM

If you hate the format of these interviews, then don't participate in them, and just make your reasons known in whatever forum you deem appropriate. Snark and eye-rolling is not going to change anything.

by Anonymousreply 204March 13, 2023 6:15 PM

But he's always been like that. When he was in that Florence Foster Jenkins movie with Streep, they were both on Graham Norton and she made some little remark in front of him about what a cunt he was--to her, even.

by Anonymousreply 205March 13, 2023 6:16 PM

He is awful. Robert Downey Jr. despised him. And Andie was clearly over him last night.

by Anonymousreply 206March 13, 2023 6:17 PM

Mocking an interviewer on an Oscars red carpet is a bit like shooting fish in a barrel.

by Anonymousreply 207March 13, 2023 6:18 PM

When did he do a movie with RDJ?

Grant himself admits he's awful. I find him refreshing in his honesty.

by Anonymousreply 208March 13, 2023 6:21 PM

Andie who?

by Anonymousreply 209March 13, 2023 6:22 PM

Love those clips at r126. And honestly, what is worse, a little eye rolling at interviewers and answering some questions bluntly. Or Oprah making the truly moronic statement that Julia Roberts is one of the nicest people she's ever met? Are you fucking kidding? Is anybody even supposed to believe for five seconds that you believe that? Is anybody supposed to take that shit seriously?

by Anonymousreply 210March 13, 2023 6:22 PM

He did a movie I've never heard of called Restoration with RDJ. Their feud is well-documented.

Andie MacDowell (sp?).

by Anonymousreply 211March 13, 2023 6:23 PM

Damn you all are obsessed with him

210 posts on some random interview

by Anonymousreply 212March 13, 2023 6:24 PM

[quote]Really, [R193]? That's what you LOVE?

Yes Keyboard Karen, I LOVE (all caps) that he acted the way he did and that it irks you. I said as much in my posting. Now perhaps unball your fists and go asshole wild by scolding someone on a MM thread.

by Anonymousreply 213March 13, 2023 6:26 PM

Why is he even there? He hasn't had a hit since 1994 - Just like Nirvana!

by Anonymousreply 214March 13, 2023 6:26 PM

R213 LOVES assholes being assholes because she's an asshole herself. Yet she pretends she's above it all as she continues to cunt away on a thread about another cunt. Got it.

by Anonymousreply 215March 13, 2023 6:27 PM

Restoration was a good movie. Sorry he and RDJ hate each other, but shit happens, and I don't think anyone would want to pretend that RDJ has been an angel his whole life.

by Anonymousreply 216March 13, 2023 6:28 PM

I remember that movie now R211. Meg Ryan was horribly miscast. in it. She should not do period pieces. Something about her is too modern. Like Julia Roberts.

by Anonymousreply 217March 13, 2023 6:29 PM

When everyone you work with has a problem with you, you're the problem.

by Anonymousreply 218March 13, 2023 6:31 PM

R214 you could ask that about half the people there every year. Nicholson showed up year after year after year for no reason.

by Anonymousreply 219March 13, 2023 6:32 PM

But Nicholson was for years a big star, often in movies that were nominated, unlike Grant.

by Anonymousreply 220March 13, 2023 6:33 PM

[quote]Good for him for what, [R170]?

Exactly. As if he stood for an actual, good cause. He was mean to some fat model asking dumb questions. WTF are you praising him for? The whole point of that nonsense is lighthearted shit.

by Anonymousreply 221March 13, 2023 6:35 PM

Touched a nerve, I see, r215.

by Anonymousreply 222March 13, 2023 6:36 PM

He’s only famous because he had to PAY someone to give him a blowjob in a car. He’s ugly as fuck so it’s no surprise that he had to pay to get sucked off. He’s fugly.

by Anonymousreply 223March 13, 2023 6:36 PM

Don't think so highly of yourself, R215. You're a flabby asshole, not a gaping one. Even as an asshole you're overrated.

by Anonymousreply 224March 13, 2023 6:38 PM

She should’ve told him to have a Divine (Brown) night at the end

by Anonymousreply 225March 13, 2023 6:39 PM

He was quite dishy back in his day R223. He paid someone because he's a straight man and they're horn dogs. At the time he was living with Liz Hurley.

R221 I don't see any praise so much as many thinking the fraus are making a mountain out of a molehill and shrieking the way they do over Meghan and Harry.

by Anonymousreply 226March 13, 2023 6:44 PM

R225 the Vanity Fair comment sailed over her head and you think she's witty enough to come up with that?

by Anonymousreply 227March 13, 2023 6:46 PM

[quote]Don't think so highly of yourself. You're a flabby asshole, not a gaping one. Even as an asshole you're overrated.

UNCLENCH, karen.

by Anonymousreply 228March 13, 2023 6:46 PM

Can't they get someone like Fran Leibowitz to do the interviews. Or anyone with a brain at all. She's a dumb forber model wearing panties and a see through skirt. How much respect does she deserve?

by Anonymousreply 229March 13, 2023 6:46 PM

Hugh Grant is a truly unremarkable actor. He has no right to act so haughty and arrogant. Who the fuck does he think he is? The only roles of his anyone remembers are from 20+ years ago and in every single one his hair had more charisma and star power than the entire rest of him. Now he's old, decrepit and gray so the bitterness just ages him even more. Hopefully this is the last we see of him. I can't think of a less relevant actor alive today.

by Anonymousreply 230March 13, 2023 6:46 PM

R228, you can cunt all you want. Keep going. Eventually you'll get sick of listening to yourself.

by Anonymousreply 231March 13, 2023 6:48 PM

I almost wish I didn't have the shrieking Karen blocked. Her quoted comments are comedy gold.

by Anonymousreply 232March 13, 2023 6:48 PM

Yet he's still working R230.

by Anonymousreply 233March 13, 2023 6:49 PM

He paid for a blowjob. That’s the only way he can one.

by Anonymousreply 234March 13, 2023 6:50 PM

I am not impressed by people who show up to events with the intention of making it clear that they wish they were someplace else. Okay, stay the fuck home, cunt. I don't need your attitude.

For some reason this seems to be acceptable behavior in the UK, but really, "wishing they were someplace else" is the expected default setting in that sodden wasteland.

I am conversant with Thackeray and also with John Bunyan's Pilgrim's Progress, from which the title of the 19th century novel is derived. On the carpet at the Oscars I will assume you are referring to the famous after party. Context is a thing.

For what very little it's worth, Hugh and RDJ have buried the hatchet, evidently. As the only other people RDJ has ever been even slightly negative about are Chevy Chase and David Fincher, I am assuming you have to be an asshole of planetoid dimensions to irritate him.

The young lady appeared to be wearing a flotation device designed by Stevie Knicks.

by Anonymousreply 235March 13, 2023 6:51 PM

[quote] She should’ve told him to have a Divine (Brown) night at the end

Then he could have asked her if she gets all of her fashion tips from Divine?

by Anonymousreply 236March 13, 2023 6:52 PM

Hugh's case against UK tabloids for phone hacking was successful in going forward to being heard in court. The Daily Heil started anti Hugh articles last week. He also has a twitter account called I think HackedoffHugh. Gossip sites like Dlisted then linked the article and he was attacked by cough cough neutral trolls. He is very open about his thoughts on the UK tabloids.

by Anonymousreply 237March 13, 2023 6:53 PM

I have R232 blocked, but I'm sure I'm missing nothing.

by Anonymousreply 238March 13, 2023 6:58 PM

R237 that was excellent of him. The UK tabloids are scum. I've often thought he should get into politics. I also like that he thinks kids should not be allowed to be useless trust fund assholes and they should get out and work and make their own way.

by Anonymousreply 239March 13, 2023 6:58 PM

R239, he has five children with two different women, so I'm sure he feels that way.

by Anonymousreply 240March 13, 2023 7:01 PM

Being grumpy is his self-admitted schtick.

by Anonymousreply 241March 13, 2023 7:10 PM

It's a very old shtick at this point. Nothing sillier than being one of the most entitled people on the planet complaining about a red-carpet interview.

by Anonymousreply 242March 13, 2023 7:12 PM

Well that cow interviewer (what the fuck is she wearing?) deserves crumbs. How dumb is she?

by Anonymousreply 243March 13, 2023 7:13 PM

Everyone loathes Chevy Chase.

by Anonymousreply 244March 13, 2023 7:17 PM

He's on an Oscars red carpet. What does he expect--questions about EM Forster?

by Anonymousreply 245March 13, 2023 7:17 PM

A witty, charming response would have been something like

“Oh, Glass Onion you say? Well. I wasn’t sure if I’d get the part; but when they gave me that 30-second segment I really went for it!”

It would’ve put the silly reporter in her place without being an obnoxious asshole. After 30-something years in the business, Hugh ought to know better.

by Anonymousreply 246March 13, 2023 7:19 PM

The woman interviewing him is Ashley Graham. She’s a top model. Not a reporter. Because it was what used to be the red carpet. She was fine. What sort of questions did he think she was going to ask? It’s the frigging red carpet. You aren’t going to be asked about Ukraine. Of course it’ll be trivia. Either give a decent answer or don’t give an interview.

by Anonymousreply 247March 13, 2023 7:23 PM

Maybe if he had worked more in the last year and appeared in a movie for more than 3 minutes he'd have had more to say.

by Anonymousreply 248March 13, 2023 7:25 PM

It kind of looks to me like he had the mic shoved in his hand before he knew what happened.

by Anonymousreply 249March 13, 2023 7:27 PM

He knew where he was, and how red carpets work.

by Anonymousreply 250March 13, 2023 7:28 PM

I'm pretty sure that red carpet interviews aren't mandatory for attending an awards show.

by Anonymousreply 251March 13, 2023 7:29 PM

The reason it's brought up, R163, is that based on Grant's past exploits, he's in no position to act haughty and condescending and above anyone else.

Once you get arrested for getting a bottom-of-the-barrel Hollywood Boulevard ho to suck your micropeen, you lose any future rights to be a holier than thou air sniffer.

by Anonymousreply 252March 13, 2023 7:32 PM

I guess being a dick on Hollywood Boulevard is better than getting arrested for getting your dick sucked on Hollywood Boulevard

by Anonymousreply 253March 13, 2023 7:41 PM

R234 he has about 3 babymammas. Two of them were knocked up at the same time if I recall. I don't think he lacks female companionship. A few more and he could be the elderly, white, British Nick Cannon. I'll give him credit though for avoid dropping he seed all over while he was young and waiting until he was older and more settled.

by Anonymousreply 254March 13, 2023 7:47 PM

I’m loving that Hugh Grant has triggered and annoyed so many cunts.

by Anonymousreply 255March 13, 2023 7:49 PM

[quote] I'm pretty sure that red carpet interviews aren't mandatory for attending an awards show.

Actually, I wonder about that. You have these interviewers there all desperate to rope in every celebrity that appears. How persistent are they? Is it really okay to just wave them away and walk on? What exactly is the customary view of this?

I suspect Hugh Grant was fine with the whole red carpet interview schtick and only got irritated when he realized he was dealing with a complete bobblehead dressed like a cheap and kind of crazy whore.

by Anonymousreply 256March 13, 2023 7:50 PM

It quite funny R255.

by Anonymousreply 257March 13, 2023 7:51 PM

Good for Hugh.

That bovine Hulk sticking her fat gut out at people she was "interviewing" was begging for a kick in the distended cunt all evening.

by Anonymousreply 258March 13, 2023 7:53 PM

Has he paid for a blowjob recently? Ugly fuck.

by Anonymousreply 259March 13, 2023 7:56 PM

Triggered frau alert @R259. They seem particularly obsessed with a blow job from 25 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 260March 13, 2023 8:02 PM

Samuel L Jackson simply called the fat clown from Mad TV an idiot, which he was, pretending to be a serious interviewer. For Christ's sake, people. Do you expect professionals of this stature to stand on the red carpet and GUSH?

by Anonymousreply 261March 13, 2023 8:05 PM

The above took place several years ago, btw.

by Anonymousreply 262March 13, 2023 8:06 PM

Hugh was a dream boat in his youth. He had that preppy, WASPY look like young James Spader had. I'd still fuck him given half a chance.

by Anonymousreply 263March 13, 2023 8:06 PM

I guess it's the small things for R255.

by Anonymousreply 264March 13, 2023 8:10 PM

[quote]I have [R232] blocked, but I'm sure I'm missing nothing.

No you don't. If you did you wouldn't keep responding to him.

by Anonymousreply 265March 13, 2023 8:21 PM

Zzzzzzzzzzz...

by Anonymousreply 266March 13, 2023 8:28 PM

That’s not acting!

by Anonymousreply 267March 13, 2023 8:38 PM

I wasn't impressed by Hugh here but the sheer CUNTERY of R258 still made me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 268March 13, 2023 9:02 PM

The comments in here are cracking me up. “LET HUGH GRANT BE A RUDE CUNT!!!!! THE INTERVIEWER DESERVED IT BC SHE IS FAT DUMB AND FEMALE!!!”

by Anonymousreply 269March 13, 2023 9:14 PM

He's so clever! He's read Vanity Fair! We LOVE British cunts because WE'RE British cunts!

by Anonymousreply 270March 13, 2023 9:19 PM

Don’t assume the fat cunt’s gender R269

by Anonymousreply 271March 13, 2023 9:20 PM

He was being British answering idiotic questions. How do you answer a question like “what do you hope to see tonight?” Uh, people winning awards.

He probably owns that tuxedo, unlike most of the barbarians there. That woman sounded like an idiot. Giuliana Rancic would have handled Grant just fine. Was that woman some sort of “intellectual equity” hire? A producer’s girlfriend?

by Anonymousreply 272March 13, 2023 9:32 PM

Giuliana Rancic is where she ought to be - forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 273March 13, 2023 9:33 PM

[quote] He probably owns that tuxedo, unlike most of the barbarians there.

A true sign of the civilized male--owning your own tux and getting blowjobs from black hookers.

by Anonymousreply 274March 13, 2023 9:36 PM

Momma Bear Frau Cows are going apoplectic on this thread, triggered, no doubt by the usage of the term, "plus sized model" and "rude."

by Anonymousreply 275March 13, 2023 9:41 PM

WE LOVE CALLING PEOPLE FRAUS BECAUSE WE'RE BRITISH AND WE CALL ALL WOMEN COWS! WHY? BECAUSE WE'RE BRITISH!

by Anonymousreply 276March 13, 2023 9:43 PM

[quote] an airhead in La La Land

I enjoyed this airhead being 'abused' at the 2 minute mark.

Grinning like a loon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277March 13, 2023 9:44 PM

Let’s start with the fact that the questions over “how excited!” everyone must be are so stupid.

You know what, a number of the most narcissistic are excited to be there. Especially for the veterans, the bloom has been long off the rose and it’s a million-hour exercise in torture. Ever go to a move premiere? It’s work for the actors… time away from their personal lives and you can tell how uncomfortable many are at being there as objects. Most look like they’d rather be anywhere else.

Imagine the joy of sitting for an hour or two in a line of black cars on Oscar day. Then enduring the red carpet nonsense of posing and answering vapid questions. Then it’s many hours before you can leave (and eat) then it’s a new outfit and off to a party to be photographed.

Along the way, this well-seeming model who is not qualified to be a greeter at Wal-Mart tries to get you to mirror her childish excitement over the magic of Oscar night. And when she asks about a film without realizing you we’re barely in it, I mean, it must be fascinating to stand there realizing that the moron will ask any question her producers have put on her cards or whispered into her ear. And she will shriek with excitement over how “amazing!” your movie was when the movie wasn’t merely pleasant and not up there with Citizen Kane.

Whatever it takes to keep his sanity, I say.

by Anonymousreply 278March 13, 2023 9:44 PM

[quote] Imagine the joy of sitting for an hour or two in a line of black cars on Oscar day. Then enduring the red carpet nonsense of posing and answering vapid questions. Then it’s many hours before you can leave (and eat) then it’s a new outfit and off to a party to be photographed.

Awful. Just awful.

by Anonymousreply 279March 13, 2023 9:45 PM

Asking a mature British man on the red carpet "Who are you wearing?" is clownish, naive, almost vulgar, and certainly rude.

by Anonymousreply 280March 13, 2023 9:46 PM

SHE IS OBESE AND RETARDED!!!!!!! KILL HER!!!

by Anonymousreply 281March 13, 2023 9:47 PM

Hugh should have countered. "I have a question for you. Does the gentleman dress to the right, or the left?"

by Anonymousreply 282March 13, 2023 9:48 PM

KILL HER! WE HATE FRAU COWS! WE LOVE HUGH! HE'S SO SMART!

by Anonymousreply 283March 13, 2023 9:49 PM

[quote]He was being British answering idiotic questions. How do you answer a question like “what do you hope to see tonight?” Uh, people winning awards.

Well, you're quite limited, aren't you. That question could've been answered with him saying who he hoped would win or any number of ways. Your answer was fucking stupid.

And "he was being British" is tiresome because we've all seen countless Brits answer questions without being pompous.

You know who he is? He's that guy in the Harvard bar in "Goodwil Hunting" who tried to humiliate Ben Affleck when he was hitting on a woman. In other words, we get it, you went to Oxford. Rachel Maddow is incredibly intelligent and I've never seen her feel the need to talk down to someone just because she could.

If she were being nasty to him, go for it. She was doing nothing but be typical of those types of vacuous interviews. What do you think his reaction would be if she asked "Since you're back in LA, have you attempted to meet a prostitute for nostalgia purposes?" If you want to ask him a real question.

by Anonymousreply 284March 13, 2023 9:50 PM

goodwill*

by Anonymousreply 285March 13, 2023 9:50 PM

But she's a woman and WE HATE WOMEN, R284! FRAUS! COWS!

by Anonymousreply 286March 13, 2023 9:51 PM

R276 has got to be female and not a real DLer if she thinks only British DLers call women fraus. Frau is the accepted term by all here.

by Anonymousreply 287March 13, 2023 9:56 PM

[quote] Does the gentleman dress to the right, or the left?"

Was this person a transvestite?

by Anonymousreply 288March 13, 2023 9:58 PM

[quote]Asking a mature British man on the red carpet "Who are you wearing?" is clownish, naive, almost vulgar, and certainly rude.

He's at the Oscars. They're all asked that fucking question because the person providing the wardrobe does it for free promotion. It's a business, genius. It's not just some throwaway line.

by Anonymousreply 289March 13, 2023 9:59 PM

Fucker had to pay for a blowjob! lolololololololol

by Anonymousreply 290March 13, 2023 10:01 PM

It was ALWAYS quite stupid and vulgar to ask that question, who are you wearing? Not sure when it started but it's recent in the long history of show biz, and it's gross. And perhaps Hugh is not comped a dinner jacket anyway.

by Anonymousreply 291March 13, 2023 10:01 PM

Things like these really bring out the offended (stupid) women, don’t they? Any gay men would have responded like ol’ Hugh.

by Anonymousreply 292March 13, 2023 10:01 PM

you can tell he is trying to get away. I think it is dry humor too.

by Anonymousreply 293March 13, 2023 10:01 PM

Dry humour completed lost on wet stupid pussy. Yes Hugh might have been more indulgent if Miss Thing had a big penis tucked under that FUPA.

by Anonymousreply 294March 13, 2023 10:04 PM

*completely

by Anonymousreply 295March 13, 2023 10:08 PM

No, R288--and that was the amazing thing. She was an actual woman, which shocked everyone because he's British.

by Anonymousreply 296March 13, 2023 10:13 PM

Actually, r11, she wasn't at all professional because it was quite obvious that she hadn't even bothered to watch the film.

by Anonymousreply 297March 13, 2023 10:14 PM

ah, I stand corrected.

by Anonymousreply 298March 13, 2023 10:16 PM

He wasn't even talking about the book, but the concept of a vanity fair.

by Anonymousreply 299March 13, 2023 10:16 PM

That's nothing, R296. I saw some idiot interviewer talking to Martin Short, whose wife had just died, and she said, "Give my best to your wife." I think he may have also just written a book about it.

How's THAT for idiotic? And you know what Short did. He just nodded, and said, "Thanks." He wasn't a cunt like Hugh Grant.

by Anonymousreply 300March 13, 2023 10:17 PM

That was meant for R297.

by Anonymousreply 301March 13, 2023 10:18 PM

He didn't have to pay he chose to. Lots of men in his position do so. No stalkerish fan to deal with if he picked her up in a bar.

by Anonymousreply 302March 13, 2023 10:20 PM

A bar, R302? I think he just picked her up in his car.

He's classy, that Hugh.

by Anonymousreply 303March 13, 2023 10:22 PM

for the record, he did not say anything rude. It appears she does not know anything about him. Also, he just answering her questions, she seems to be really mad and not playing along. Why is this circulating at all? This is just a short interview about nothing.

by Anonymousreply 304March 13, 2023 10:23 PM

R304, he rolled his eyes after it, thinking he couldn't be seen.

by Anonymousreply 305March 13, 2023 10:24 PM

for the record, he did not say anything rude to her. It is a short interview, about nothing. It's strange this is circulating. The interviewer is not on her game, but this happens. It is more her fault. But who cares.

by Anonymousreply 306March 13, 2023 10:24 PM

R306, see R305.

by Anonymousreply 307March 13, 2023 10:27 PM

Because sparkle ponies can't accept that both parties put on a bad showing. Hugh is playing obtuse and she's a stupid cow dressed like a clown and smiling like an escapee from a lunatic asylum. She's very amateur, and Hugh is such an old pro, who couldn't really be bothered to throw her a bone.

The end.

But NOOOOOOOOOOOO. Because in today's binary world, there must be a GOOD HERO and A VERY BAD PERSON.

by Anonymousreply 308March 13, 2023 10:28 PM

No, R308, none of all that. He was just being an asshole, like he always is.

But yeah, I agree that she's stupid.

by Anonymousreply 309March 13, 2023 10:31 PM

But if your interviewee seems not on their game, you have to help them. It could have been a short, but sweet interview. She was not on her game. This is fine though, it happens.

by Anonymousreply 310March 13, 2023 10:32 PM

I agree with that. But at Hugh's advanced age, he clearly couldn't be bothered. Does it make him the big bad man who must be cancelled? She really was being quite idiotic and clownish.

by Anonymousreply 311March 13, 2023 10:35 PM

I thought her questions were fine, just the sort of questions that one should expect on the red carpet (or beige carpet) for an event like this.

by Anonymousreply 312March 13, 2023 10:36 PM

I repeat: Martin Short handled a situation that was far worse and with an even more out-of-touch interviewer about his dead wife with elegance and kindness--unlike Hugh Grant, who's neither elegant nor kind. He's certainly not generous.

by Anonymousreply 313March 13, 2023 10:37 PM

You do NOT have to play ball with amateurs at such "rat fucks". That's the nature of the business and holds true at rat fucks in many professions.

by Anonymousreply 314March 13, 2023 10:37 PM

Well, Kudos to Martin Short. Wasn't Malala Yousafzai there last night? Or was it last year? Did any clown shove a microphone in her face and ask "Who are you wearing, Nobel laureate Malala Yousafzai?" And I'm sure Malala was kindness and graciousness personified.

by Anonymousreply 315March 13, 2023 10:39 PM

Thrown her a bone? He should've thrown her an overcoat.

by Anonymousreply 316March 13, 2023 10:40 PM

Did Hugh try to pick up Angela Bassett in the parking lot thinking she was a tranny crack whore?

by Anonymousreply 317March 13, 2023 10:43 PM

This is why Hugh Grant is an asshole. Watch how Martin Short dealt with a truly moronic Kathie Lee Gifford, and see the difference.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318March 13, 2023 10:43 PM

OH my lord you've made your point and it's been recognised. Must we kiss Martin's feet? Your feet? Martin's ass? What?

by Anonymousreply 319March 13, 2023 10:45 PM

I suspect they'll continue until you get it, R319, which you clearly haven't yet.

by Anonymousreply 320March 13, 2023 10:47 PM

[quote]Actually, [R11], she wasn't at all professional because it was quite obvious that she hadn't even bothered to watch the film.

Most of the people voting in the academy haven't even seen all of the friggin films

by Anonymousreply 321March 13, 2023 10:47 PM

No, R319, I'd also like you to admit you're a stupid cunt as well.

by Anonymousreply 322March 13, 2023 10:47 PM

But it was the Oscars, and she hadn't even seen "Knives Out Part 5" or whatever it was.

by Anonymousreply 323March 13, 2023 10:49 PM

Read my lips. Not gonna happen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324March 13, 2023 10:50 PM

[quote]She was not a great interviewer as far as I could see and I’m not a fan of hers, but he was an ass. Even if you find her trivial and dumb, just hold it together for a few minutes. It was cringe watching it.

She's not great, but she's better than Laverne Cox, so there's that. And it was cringe - she was trying for something, anything to chat him up & he just took the piss out of her no matter what she said. I wish she'd just turned to him & said "well fuck right off then" and turned to talk to the next person. Not *that* would be an interview worth watching.

by Anonymousreply 325March 13, 2023 10:52 PM

Not in the mood for your shit r317. NOT in the goddamn mood!

by Anonymousreply 326March 13, 2023 10:52 PM

[quote]Does it make him the big bad man who must be cancelled?

Oh, for fuck sake. Who in the hell even suggested that? You're just downright silly. It's funny how people here are saying those of us questioning his behavior are "triggered." WTF aren't we allowed to say what he did was classless and tacky without being accused of trying to "cancel" him? His choice of profession is one where you show up to these dumb awards and get asked dumb questions. Just be gracious to the dim fat broad. It takes no effort to fake being charming since he does it for a living.

by Anonymousreply 327March 13, 2023 10:53 PM

One-hundred-percent what R327 said. No one but no one said he should be cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 328March 13, 2023 10:56 PM

[quote] Any gay men would have responded like ol’ Hugh

Speak for yourself.

by Anonymousreply 329March 13, 2023 10:58 PM

She is, R329.

by Anonymousreply 330March 13, 2023 10:59 PM

I would’ve responded to the camera after he left and said, “and that was the ever-cheerful and verbose, Hugh Grannt. Back to you, Jim.”

by Anonymousreply 331March 13, 2023 11:01 PM

R325, yes and if she had treated him in kind or even just said "OK well clearly you're not in the mood, so I'll let you go," plenty of his defenders would instead be calling her a bitch and saying how unprofessional she behaved.

by Anonymousreply 332March 13, 2023 11:02 PM

[quote] it's been recognised

Limey cunt=R319.

by Anonymousreply 333March 13, 2023 11:06 PM

And those actors make millions of dollars, r278. He’s a millionaire and couldn’t do what was expected in a civil society. All he had to do was be polite for 2 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 334March 13, 2023 11:06 PM

first of all, she asked, who do you want to win? He answered it politely, no one in particular. I mean, it was a rude, cunty question. This caught him off guard.

I do not think he is being paid to model anything that night either. It was his suit. So she fucked up. Okay, she fucked up. Save it, you look sharp tonight and enjoy your evening.

by Anonymousreply 335March 13, 2023 11:07 PM

[quote] I mean, it was a rude, cunty question. This caught him off guard.

Hardly, R335. They're always asked, "Who are you rooting for?" It's a fairly easy and unobjectionable a question to answer.

by Anonymousreply 336March 13, 2023 11:10 PM

If you want everyone to be fake, unctuously positive and obsequious to the business, you might as well clone a couple well known cunts who do that, and be done with it.

by Anonymousreply 337March 13, 2023 11:18 PM

No one said obsequious, R337. Just don't be a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 338March 13, 2023 11:23 PM

Being a cunt is second nature to Brits, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 339March 13, 2023 11:23 PM

they are cutting off the interview. He said it was nice being there and bit of vanity fair though. Then, she cunty says it is all about the parties. She is awlful. She is not a decent interviewer. It is not his fault. You can see he is then trying to politely end it. She is making a fool out of herself. I cannot believe they are circulating this. It is her. She is not interviewing well.

by Anonymousreply 340March 13, 2023 11:24 PM

His degree of cuntiness seems to be the crux of the disagreement, here.

by Anonymousreply 341March 13, 2023 11:25 PM

Obviously you didn't make the suit yourself.

by Anonymousreply 342March 13, 2023 11:26 PM

I'm rooting for Martin Short, okay? Are you twats happy now???

by Anonymousreply 343March 13, 2023 11:27 PM

Hugh ate a meatball sandwich right out in class AND was passing out notes all along the red carpet!

by Anonymousreply 344March 13, 2023 11:28 PM

Forget Angela, he probably thought the interviewer was a crack whore. WTF was she wearing, and what was with her black granny panties on the outside?

by Anonymousreply 345March 13, 2023 11:28 PM

[quote] Then, she cunty says it is all about the parties. She is awlful.

Oh, dear, R340.

by Anonymousreply 346March 13, 2023 11:29 PM

I kind of like cunty as an adverb.

by Anonymousreply 347March 13, 2023 11:30 PM

She is full of awl.

by Anonymousreply 348March 13, 2023 11:33 PM

The tramp looked like she was an extra from Bold and the Beautiful, modeling something from Brooke's Bedroom line.

by Anonymousreply 349March 13, 2023 11:35 PM

It's funny because she actually thinks she is a good interviewer. She isn't. Why are they circulating this?

by Anonymousreply 350March 13, 2023 11:38 PM

sorry. agree with him and his demeanor. she was awful and stupid and made no sense

by Anonymousreply 351March 13, 2023 11:38 PM

You can be fat OR stupid. Not both.

by Anonymousreply 352March 13, 2023 11:40 PM

Who cares? Cannot believe people are analyzing this to this extent.

by Anonymousreply 353March 13, 2023 11:46 PM

Maybe Hugh Grant was put off by the fact that this woman still looked as if she hadn't gotten dressed yet.

She was a wearing a half-open dressing gown over her bra and panties!

Grant was flummoxed!

by Anonymousreply 354March 13, 2023 11:48 PM

R353, I imagine that 90% of the posts have been produced by a handful of users - you could count them on one hand.

by Anonymousreply 355March 13, 2023 11:49 PM

[quote] Who cares? Cannot believe people are analyzing this to this extent.

And yet, here you are R353, having made your way through the thread.

by Anonymousreply 356March 13, 2023 11:50 PM

I thought we were just having fun, here.

by Anonymousreply 357March 13, 2023 11:50 PM

R353 hasn't been laid in the last decade. He's earned the right to be a pissy queen.

by Anonymousreply 358March 13, 2023 11:52 PM

Hugh was probably trying to have a piss and get to his seat and kept being grabbed by reporters asking the same crap. He seemed totally fine.

by Anonymousreply 359March 13, 2023 11:54 PM

[quote] She was doing nothing but be typical of those types of vacuous interviews.

Only her witless questions were below the utterly stupid bottom.

by Anonymousreply 360March 14, 2023 12:02 AM

Isn't this who he is though? He always seems uncomfortable in everything he does.

by Anonymousreply 361March 14, 2023 12:10 AM

R153, I was referring to their sense of humor in general, but when he quotes Thackeray during a bit that embodies vapidity then the observation holds.

by Anonymousreply 362March 14, 2023 12:14 AM

I don't blame Ashley Graham for not getting Grant's reference to Vanity Fair-- which, as has been pointed out, is not to Thackeray's novel but to The Pilgrim's Progress. In Bunyan's allegory, Vanity Fair is "an ancient thing, of long standing, and a very great fair":

[quote]Almost five thousand years ago there were pilgrims walking to the Celestial City, as these two honest persons are: and Beelzebub, Apollyon, and Legion, with their companions, perceiving by the path that the pilgrims made, that their way to the city lay through this town of Vanity, they contrived here to set up a fair; a fair wherein should be sold all sorts of vanity, and that it should last all the year long. Therefore, at this fair are all such merchandise sold as houses, lands, trades, places, honors, preferments, titles, countries, kingdoms, lusts, pleasures; and delights of all sorts, as harlots, wives, husbands, children, masters, servants, lives, blood, bodies, souls, silver, gold, pearls, precious stones, and what not. And moreover, at this fair there is at all times to be seen jugglings, cheats, games, plays, fools, apes, knaves, and rogues, and that of every kind. Here are to be seen, too, and that for nothing, thefts, murders, adulteries, false-swearers, and that of a blood-red color.

by Anonymousreply 363March 14, 2023 12:18 AM

The poor dear has ADD, dyslexia and no formal education to speak of. She's tall, upbeat and smiles widely, though.

by Anonymousreply 364March 14, 2023 12:24 AM

Cate Blanchette was forced to endure the awkwardness of this and managed to get through it without 👁 rolling. She's an Aussie, laid back and self deprecating.

by Anonymousreply 365March 14, 2023 12:29 AM

The bitch is a plus sized model. That qualifies you for that job? The questions were inane, just as bad as the ones from Laverne Cox. Get real professionals to do the job and maybe you will get proper answers.

by Anonymousreply 366March 14, 2023 12:34 AM

This fat stupid whore was dumb and untalented.

Team Hugh

by Anonymousreply 367March 14, 2023 1:18 AM

I doubt that Ashley came up with the questions herself. Grant could have dumbed down his responses in accordance with the inanity of the situation but he strikes me as rather prickly.

by Anonymousreply 368March 14, 2023 1:21 AM

[quote] The bitch is a plus sized model. That qualifies you for that job? The questions were inane, just as bad as the ones from Laverne Cox. Get real professionals to do the job and maybe you will get proper answers.

Miss me, bitches?

by Anonymousreply 369March 14, 2023 1:22 AM

[quote] but he strikes me as rather prickly.

He's really just a prick, R368.

by Anonymousreply 370March 14, 2023 1:25 AM

I miss Joan Rivers on the red carpet

by Anonymousreply 371March 14, 2023 1:56 AM

I miss my red carpet.

by Anonymousreply 372March 14, 2023 2:00 AM

[quote]It was ALWAYS quite stupid and vulgar to ask that question, who are you wearing?

Celebrities are lent gowns and jewels to wear on the red carpet in exchange for the publicity it generates. Hence, the need for detailed explanation and the " Best Dressed" lists. The questions are necessary to get the plug in.

by Anonymousreply 373March 14, 2023 2:43 AM

He's such an unlikeable asshole. No wonder his career dried up.

by Anonymousreply 374March 14, 2023 2:45 AM

Not everyone. This is why the interviewer needs to know what question to ask the person in front of you. He said it was his.

by Anonymousreply 375March 14, 2023 3:11 AM

i see it as she was rude to him. Is she in terrble or something? The video is not doing her any favors.

by Anonymousreply 376March 14, 2023 3:14 AM

[quote} The video is not doing her any favors.

Nor him, R376.

by Anonymousreply 377March 14, 2023 3:16 AM

Americans also get annoyed at fake behavior, such as showing up to an event and acting like you're too good to be there. Or agreeing to a red carpet interview and being annoyed you're being asked vapid questions.

I don't dislike Hugh Grant, but he needs to take himself less seriously. He's only an actor. Just own it and stop being so apologetic for being a successful actor in Hollywood. He's no better than the Ashley Grahams of the world.

by Anonymousreply 378March 14, 2023 4:25 AM

[quote] I am conversant with Thackeray and also with John Bunyan's Pilgrim's Progress, from which the title of the 19th century novel is derived.

[italic]Mary.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 379March 14, 2023 4:34 AM

it is an awards show. I wonder why they don't talk about movies and performances more.

by Anonymousreply 380March 14, 2023 4:40 AM

He was fine- droll and funny and way over her head and silly questions.

by Anonymousreply 381March 14, 2023 4:49 AM

What “dried up” career? He’s had a number of prestige television miniseries and supporting roles in big movies in his 50s/60s. No worse than Colin Firth.

by Anonymousreply 382March 14, 2023 4:53 AM

Hugh was terrific in "A Very English Scandal." Hardly dried up.

by Anonymousreply 383March 14, 2023 4:56 AM

[quote] No worse than Colin Firth.

Firth won an Oscar, R382. Old fart Hugh Grant hasn't even been nominated.

by Anonymousreply 384March 14, 2023 4:57 AM

He is an ass.

by Anonymousreply 385March 14, 2023 5:50 AM

This is how you do red carpet interviews.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386March 14, 2023 5:52 AM

Correct link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387March 14, 2023 5:54 AM

Stuttering John was the best candid / red carpet interviewer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388March 14, 2023 6:05 AM

[quote] You're just mad OP, because his nickname is "Huge Grant"

Devine Brown said that Hugh had a tiny cock on Howard Stern.

by Anonymousreply 389March 14, 2023 6:16 AM

[quote] He was fine- droll and funny

Said no one ever. Hugh is washed up and isn’t taking it well.

by Anonymousreply 390March 14, 2023 6:17 AM

Too bad Ricky Gervais wasn’t in an ear shot of this. He would have made Hugh cry for being such an elitist wanker.

by Anonymousreply 391March 14, 2023 6:20 AM

Today, Devine would have been asking the red carpet questions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392March 14, 2023 6:22 AM

[quote]I am conversant with Thackeray and also with John Bunyan's Pilgrim's Progress, from which the title of the 19th century novel is derived.

What an interesting conversation that must be.

by Anonymousreply 393March 14, 2023 12:06 PM

R16 You have a fucked up idea of what 62 years old looks like. No way does Hugh Grant look 72. Your post says more about you than it does him.

by Anonymousreply 394March 14, 2023 2:10 PM

Trying to be objective as possible, I think he was annoyed to have to talk to her because he has a superiority complex. And he probably didn’t feel the compulsion to worship a half-dressed oversized woman of color, like any American actor would.

His matter-of-factness and refusal to fawn absolutely threw this woman who is used to being called a goddess and queen and what have you. I think she handled it pretty gracefully.

by Anonymousreply 395March 14, 2023 10:28 PM

But who is she?

by Anonymousreply 396March 14, 2023 10:58 PM

^ She is a plus-sized model, known for being on the cover of Sports Illustrated’s swimsuit issue. She has a lovely, natural-looking face and unlike Bella Hadid, no sign of plastic surgery. If she were slimmer, she’d be on the same level of looks as a ‘90s top model.

She’s not a good interviewer, though. Like many models, she didn’t develop beyond the superficial.

by Anonymousreply 397March 15, 2023 12:09 AM

I’d still eat his ass all night long.

by Anonymousreply 398March 15, 2023 12:12 AM

Hugh is hated by everyone. The British media is ripping him to shreds for acting like an elitist asshole again. Poor thing looks 80 and aged out of pretty boy roles. He’s a bitter slob.

by Anonymousreply 399March 15, 2023 12:16 AM

It’s because he has a tiny dick.

by Anonymousreply 400March 15, 2023 1:20 AM

R393, does't thou enjoy pick'd meat? Or wouldst thou see A Man in the clouds and have him speak with thee?

by Anonymousreply 401March 15, 2023 2:30 AM

He obviously wanted to politely leave. Something must have been happening. The interviewer should have the skills to have a short and sweet interview.

by Anonymousreply 402March 15, 2023 2:34 AM

R399 Er, no. You poor deluded cow.

by Anonymousreply 403March 15, 2023 2:36 AM

He certainly was a smug and pale but tasty little tart. He had his fun for decades.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404March 15, 2023 2:40 AM

[quote]He obviously wanted to politely leave. Something must have been happening. The interviewer should have the skills to have a short and sweet interview.

The entire interview is 50 seconds long.

by Anonymousreply 405March 15, 2023 3:09 AM

The thread should be closed after R399's comments. That's the correct interpretation of the situation.

by Anonymousreply 406March 15, 2023 5:41 AM

Hugh gave us Maurice, Four Weddings and a Funeral, Sense and Sensibility, Notting Hill and Bridget Jones' Diary.

He is a film legend.

by Anonymousreply 407March 15, 2023 5:52 AM

And he acts like a superior prick, R407. That detracts from everything he's accomplished.

by Anonymousreply 408March 15, 2023 5:58 AM

Rupert Murdoch hates hugh grant. Murdock owns the British tabloids rags (daily mail) and also owns Fox News. Murdock hacked into Hugh's phone. There was a break in at hugh home as well, linked to Murdock.

I despise Rupert Murdoch. I like hugh grant.

by Anonymousreply 409March 15, 2023 6:07 AM

Hugh Grant went against the Conservative Party (tory party) in Britain, very vocally. He campaigned for Labor Party Candidates. Hugh Grant stated, voters should ‘do everything we can’ to stop a Conservative government

I am sorry this is a hit job against Hugh Grant. The shit Murdoch always has done to him. Murdoch owns Fox News and Daily Mail, a British tabloid rag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410March 15, 2023 6:12 AM

Can't we despise both Murdoch and Grant, R409?

by Anonymousreply 411March 15, 2023 6:21 AM

Which posh Brits do American tolerate? If I were drunk I might lick old Hugh's shitter.

by Anonymousreply 412March 15, 2023 6:36 AM

What a load of made-up horseshit R406 & R399.

Sounds like you are the bitter slobs who everybody hates.

by Anonymousreply 413March 15, 2023 6:37 AM

R289

Some men do it the old-fashioned way: They wear their own bespoke suits.

by Anonymousreply 414March 15, 2023 6:42 AM

R413 is Hugh Grant. Hi Hugh, you obnoxious bastard.

by Anonymousreply 415March 15, 2023 6:47 AM

R399 Fuck off away from here until you get your eyes tested. He does not look 80 you prick. Not everybody has teeth like piano keys and a face full of Botox and fillers. Get out of your shitty rented room once in a while and take a look at what real people look like.

by Anonymousreply 416March 15, 2023 7:04 AM

R406 Speak for yourself and not for the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 417March 15, 2023 7:07 AM

R417, those are just tongue-in-cheek comments. You must be new here.

by Anonymousreply 418March 15, 2023 7:34 AM

Of course, good manners means putting up with dull people without being impolite. So, a lapse of etiquete on his part.

But I'm still team Hugh. It was a complete mismatch between his cogent observations (his "vanity fair comment" was perfect) and old-gent prickliness and her inane blather. She's famous for being pretty and chunky and is standing there in her underpants. I mean, come on.

by Anonymousreply 419March 16, 2023 11:29 AM

Some of you seriously think this is a hit job on Hugh Grant because of his politics?

Man, something for today's gratitude journal.

by Anonymousreply 420March 16, 2023 11:41 AM

Grant's work has been good since he aged out of pretty boy love object roles. He was wonderful in a Very British Scandal. Like many handsome men, he has shown himself to be a great character actor once age takes him out of the romantic lead roles.

by Anonymousreply 421March 16, 2023 1:29 PM

R421, I thought he was very good in “A Very British Scandal”, too. And that thing with frozen-faced Kidman where he plays the dastardly husband.

I’m reminded of what some minor royal said: “It’s not my job to coddle people”. Perhaps not, but it doesn’t hurt to be gracious and kind. It doesn’t cost you anything.

by Anonymousreply 422March 16, 2023 2:34 PM

However you characterize it, Grant was seemingly being purposeful that night. I do call it rude, as shallow as that girl was but she was just doing a job.

"Yet amidst the continuing success of his revitalised career are continued suggestions that Grant the man is difficult, to put it mildly. Often, he is the first to admit his bad behaviour. In a recent interview with Total Film, he said that, on the set of Dungeons and Dragons: “I lost my temper with a woman in my eyeline on day one. I assumed she was some executive from the studio who should have known better. Then it turns out that she’s an extremely nice local woman who was the chaperone of the young girl. Terrible. A lot of grovelling.” He then summarised the matter with a typical joke: “I did a Christian Bale”, he remarked, alluding to the notoriously fiery actor’s temper tantrum on the set of Terminator: Salvation.

However, Grant himself has acquired a reputation over the years for dealing with those he finds tiresome with distinct impatience. The Oscars interview may have demonstrated this to spectacularly public effect, but it is of a piece with a story recounted by The Fence magazine, in which the actor was said to remark to a part-time Christmas tree seller that his job was “s---”, that buying trees was “a waste of time” and refused to pay full price, before saying, when it was time to write down his name on the label: “Well, you know that of course.”

While the former tree salesman recalled: “It made my skin crawl”, those who were not present might find something bleakly amusing in the idea of a multimillionaire, world-famous actor lambasting an unfortunate festive worker and attempting to get a discount in the process. Somehow it is hard to imagine, say, Colin Firth doing so.

Perhaps Grant could have been more gentlemanly and forthcoming to Graham at the Oscars. It would not have killed him to be pleasant, polite and witty; after all, anyone well-known appearing at the ceremony knows that they are likely to be interviewed, and it would not have been beyond his abilities to come up with some suitably droll one-liners, delivered charmingly.

But it is also quite clear that, at the age of 62, the self-described scrotum-faced actor is weary of being nice to people. Many will sigh and tut at his public rudeness, and they are entitled to. Many others, meanwhile, will secretly wish that they had the chutzpah to behave in such a fashion when in an uncomfortable situation, and this take-no-prisoners, I-don’t-care attitude is why Hugh John Mungo Grant, erstwhile rom-com leading man, continues to enthral and fascinate, long after most of his peers have long ceased to be remotely interesting. "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423March 16, 2023 2:44 PM

The above article at R423 left out the moment where Grant examined the tree once delivered and found that the label read CUNT FACE.

by Anonymousreply 424March 16, 2023 9:04 PM

[quote]And he probably didn’t feel the compulsion to worship a half-dressed oversized woman of color

What color would that be?

by Anonymousreply 425March 16, 2023 9:20 PM

[quote]Murdoch owns Fox News and Daily Mail, a British tabloid rag.

Murdoch owns The Sun, not the Daily Mail.

by Anonymousreply 426March 16, 2023 9:21 PM

Outstanding, R424. I had a good laugh. If only it were true.

by Anonymousreply 427March 16, 2023 10:15 PM

Although i have some mixed feelings (if he hated it so much he shouldn’t have been there) i am mostly on his side. Her response to his vanity fair comment (the concept, not the book) was inane and he still didn’t comment. Also, asking a man in a tuxedo what is he wearing is plain stupid (it is always stupid but more in the case of men). And asking him about a movie he’s in for 30 seconds is either ignorant, or stupid or both.

Finally, everybody talks constantly (here and elsewhere) how phony and out of step from reality the oscars are. But when someone challenges it even in this minor way he is completely vilified.

by Anonymousreply 428March 16, 2023 10:51 PM

He was not in the film Glass Onion for just 3 seconds as he claimed. He's being willfully obtuse and contrary.

The person asking the questions was being obsequious though.

by Anonymousreply 429March 17, 2023 1:31 AM

High Grant isn't an intellectual. He just has a British accent. "Vanity Fair" is an old book. But it's also an easy, entertaining book. And one that's assigned in secondary school fairly often. I don't go to places and act like a prick just because I read "The Scarlet Letter" in tenth grade.

by Anonymousreply 430March 17, 2023 1:39 AM

Holy hell. 430 posts on this?

Now I feel a bit dim.

by Anonymousreply 431March 17, 2023 1:59 AM

R430 Grant graduated with honors from Oxford. Tubby Ashley Graham is a fat, dumbass model.

by Anonymousreply 432March 17, 2023 2:04 AM

[quote] R430 Grant graduated with honors from Oxford.

Hence his need to show off with the Vanity Fair comment.

by Anonymousreply 433March 17, 2023 2:08 AM

Graham's such a dimwit. "Who are you wearing"? She was asking for it.

by Anonymousreply 434March 17, 2023 2:19 AM

Hugh Grant needs to star in a Stan Laurel biopic asap.

He is one uppity bitch considering he paid a hooker 50 bucks to blow him in his car.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435March 17, 2023 2:23 AM

it's weird that murdoch keeps circulate this on his tabloids rags.

by Anonymousreply 436March 17, 2023 2:43 AM

Hugh Grant was largely responsible for bringing down the News of the Screws. I'm surprised Murdoch hasn't had him murdered.

by Anonymousreply 437March 17, 2023 3:17 AM

Vanity Fair, the book, was based on the meaning of vanity fair, it was not invented by Thackeray. The magazine also uses that idea and was used aptly by Grant . It would actually be condescending of Grant to think that it would be completely out of her head, as it is not that very difficult to ascertain. Yet here we are.

by Anonymousreply 438March 17, 2023 3:20 AM

R434, Better than Laverne's "What story is your outfit telling?" Even the ever-gracious Austin Butler got annoyed.

by Anonymousreply 439March 17, 2023 3:24 AM

I thought his scrotum joke was hysterical on the Oscars. I like his sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 440March 17, 2023 3:28 AM

This Vanity Fair snobbery is bizarre. First of all, at the Oscars of all places, a vague reference to "Vanity Fair" is likely going to be interpreted by anyone at first as a reference to... the HOLLYWOOD magazine that has a very famous annual OSCAR party.

Aside from that, the novel is not one of the great must-read works of literature. I'm sure it's commonly taught in UK schools and is very popular there, but not so in the US. It's a perfectly serviceable novel, but not one that makes someone particularly impressive for having read it or getting the reference. I wouldn't presume much if Grant wasn't familiar with a reference to a tree growing in Brooklyn.

The expression "vanity fair" is similarly not as familiar in the US.

by Anonymousreply 441March 17, 2023 3:32 AM

Do we need red carpet interviews? I feel we're ok to proceed without them in the future.

by Anonymousreply 442March 17, 2023 3:35 AM

^ Or just keep the status quo that anyone who doesn't like them doesn't have to participate in or watch them.

Hugh could have just kept walking and absolutely no one would have noticed.

by Anonymousreply 443March 17, 2023 3:38 AM

Why all these posts about "Vanity Fair?" There was no reference to that in Grant's red carpet interview.

by Anonymousreply 444March 17, 2023 3:40 AM

Yes there was, R444. You haven't seen the entire interview.

by Anonymousreply 445March 17, 2023 4:18 AM

The Vanity Fair reference is in this video, R444.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446March 17, 2023 5:08 AM

Hugh should have turned the tables on Ashley and asked about breastfeeding twins!!!

by Anonymousreply 447March 17, 2023 5:17 AM

Hugh Grant despise Rupert Murdoch. Grant testified against Rupert Murdoch in the Britian phone hacking scandal. Rupert Murdoch owns tabloids rags in the UK and Fox News in the USA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448March 17, 2023 7:15 AM

R441 Can you suggest a literary reference that would have been impressive intellectually, yet known to all stakeholders, including Miss Graham and our viewers at home, in the UK and USA, and perhaps anglophones across the globe? And which would have been gracious but deliciously witty? Thanks in advance, hun.

- Graduate of the lesser Ivies and Sorbonne, so not top drawer like you, R441

by Anonymousreply 449March 17, 2023 8:16 AM

^ Why are you pretending that it matters, when you've already written this woman off as a clown and an idiot for... being nice and asking lighthearted questions at a meaningless award show. It's the Oscars, not the Nobels, but apparently there's a brand new scholarly requirement for covering the carpet that no one told her about. And it's funny that you mentioned Malala, because she actually played along with Kimmel's "Did Harry spit on Chris?" question just fine. I guess she decided it was sufficient grade above "Who are you wearing?" And because she was so gracious about it, the public reaction was mostly about why Jimmy would ask her such a stupid question, as opposed to why was she behaving as though she was too important for the very event she was attending.

But not Hugh. He's just too real and edgy for silly fluff, unlike that Nobel Prize winner. Not too real or edgy to scoop up some camera time at any opportunity no matter how much he hates it, though!

by Anonymousreply 450March 17, 2023 9:05 AM

It is laughable that a reference to vanity fair is being considered scholarly and only for a few literary illuminati, worthy of the nobel instead of the oscars.

It is actually the name of the party/magazine she knows so well but still didnt question why it is so named….

The celebration of her ignorance and how” nice “she was just celebrates the inane, the uncultivated and the mindless status quo (what/who are you wearing). Vanity fair indeed.

by Anonymousreply 451March 17, 2023 9:53 AM

Something tells me the Malala Yousafzai bit was scripted.

by Anonymousreply 452March 17, 2023 10:29 AM

If anything, there aren’t many places in the world where the expression “vanity fair” would be more apt than at the Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 453March 17, 2023 10:31 AM

I thought he was kind of funny, but, at the same time felt bad for her. She did well not to be thrown by his cuntery.

It's a fun, frivolous night. What did he think she was going to ask him? He knows the drill; if he was so above it all, wtf was he even interviewed?

It's one thing to be 'amusing', but the Vanity Fair remark and the eyeroll showed him to be a condescending prick.

by Anonymousreply 454March 17, 2023 10:47 AM

I thought we enjoyed the eyerolling of clowns.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455March 17, 2023 10:59 AM

Too bad Ashley didn't look at Hugh and reply, "Are you alluding to the magazine, the novel, or the original allegory?"

by Anonymousreply 456March 17, 2023 11:45 AM

[quote]It is laughable that a reference to vanity fair is being considered scholarly

No one said that, but keep trying. Your strong ancient eldergay energy is entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 457March 17, 2023 11:48 AM

R441, The term "Vanity Fair" is certainly well-known here, as the magazine at least is sold at every check-out line in every major grocery store.

As for the novel, it's been known to be have been taught in public high schools.

But because Thackeray took his title from John Bunyan, I rather think a deeper allusion is scholarly. What I question is how deep Hugh Grant's knowledge goes.

by Anonymousreply 458March 17, 2023 11:55 AM

Hugh Grant would never behave like this to, say, Alison Hammond on the BAFTA red carpet. He’d smarm and joke with the best of them. Of course it’s stupid. But he’s attending the Academy Awards promote himself, not as an Oscar nominee because, well, he’s never earned one.

If some asshole like Justin Bieber or Madonna came to a British awards show and treated a genial red carpet interviewer like Rylan or Holly Willoughby like that, the same people saying “you dumb Americans have never heard of Thackeray and don’t understand British humour, innit” would demand their deportation to Meghan Markle’s Montecito mansion.

by Anonymousreply 459March 17, 2023 12:12 PM

"Team Hugh" is trying [italic]way[/italic] too hard.

We all saw him roll his eyes. He's a snide little douche, just as he's always been.

Of course to Brits he just appears normal.

by Anonymousreply 460March 17, 2023 1:09 PM

He's just embracing the "Victor Meldrew" phase of life

by Anonymousreply 461March 17, 2023 1:11 PM

Thanks, R445. The video that the OP posted didn't include that first question or Hugh's "Vanity Fair" response, which I think was just fine. It was his subsequent responses that seemed terse and rude, but maybe that was because he didn't like it that she didn't seem to fully get his "Vanity Fair" reference, which I think is perfectly understandable on her part.

by Anonymousreply 462March 17, 2023 2:07 PM

In fairness to the girl, in 2023 most people would have missed the intention of his Vanity Fair reference. He enjoys being a dick. She's vapid. The end.

by Anonymousreply 463March 17, 2023 2:34 PM

I don't find it excusable at all R462!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464March 17, 2023 2:34 PM

The interviewer's response implied that she might have thought Grant's "Vanity Fair" reference was to the magazine and/or to that movie, even if she is completely unaware of the novel, which again I find understandable and forgivable.

by Anonymousreply 465March 17, 2023 2:41 PM

R465 are you sure? I thought she naturally assumed he meant the after party?

by Anonymousreply 466March 17, 2023 2:46 PM

Well, yes, the after party thrown by Vanity Fair, the magazine. She's may also be aware that there was a movie of VANITY FAIR released in 2004, although that is almost 20 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 467March 17, 2023 2:51 PM

"He must be talking about the party. Or maybe it's a makeup brand I never heard of. I'll just ask him who is wearing. All the old British men like that question!"

by Anonymousreply 468March 17, 2023 3:02 PM

Hugh knows she can’t talk back to him because she has a boss. He’s a coward and a fucking idiot. Everyone hates him who’s worked with him. He’s a bitter elitist snob who thinks he’s above it all. It kills him that he aged out of the industry. He has no range. He always played the dopey pretty boy, the same character in every film. If you don’t want to do press, don’t walk the carpet. If you don’t want to go to the Oscars, stay the fuck home.

by Anonymousreply 469March 17, 2023 3:32 PM

On her feet all night having to keep the banter upbeat and dumbed down since actors are the dumbest people on Earth. Then she has to interview a cunt of an actor just to be goofed on. What a slob he is. He looks like he rolled out of bed.

by Anonymousreply 470March 17, 2023 3:34 PM

[quote] He was fine in this clip.

He obviously wasn’t since the British media is ripping him to shreds.

by Anonymousreply 471March 17, 2023 3:35 PM

Even Piers Morgan called him a dickhead.

by Anonymousreply 472March 17, 2023 3:35 PM

They aren't.

by Anonymousreply 473March 17, 2023 3:36 PM

You have to hand it to her for keeping the questions moving and then got him to be on his merry way. She wasn’t thrown and tried to be kind to him even though he was a pompous ass. She was professional. He’s been in the business for a 100 years and still doesn’t know how to conduct himself.

by Anonymousreply 474March 17, 2023 3:36 PM

[quote] They aren't.

They are. It’s been on every show and every newspaper in the UK with people telling horror stories about working with him. I know you can’t read. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 475March 17, 2023 3:37 PM

Nice try, R475. The sad insult at the end really bolsters your case. You're such a loser.

by Anonymousreply 476March 17, 2023 3:43 PM

Prove it, R475.

by Anonymousreply 477March 17, 2023 3:44 PM

I blocked checked R475, a sad, aggressive misanthrope who lashes out at everybody. Nothing civil to say to anybody. But an encyclopaedic knowledge of Madonnna. A sad, aggressive misanthrope. Like Hugh Grant.

by Anonymousreply 478March 17, 2023 3:47 PM

Hugh is - and always has been - bitchy. He's notorious for that and beloved. Ashley Graham's a dimwitted fat model. Give me a break.

by Anonymousreply 479March 17, 2023 5:45 PM

Hugh Grant was invited to be a presenter and he has a new movie out. She fucked up this interview. Oh well. The reason why this is circulating in the Tabloids is Rupert Murdoch hates him.

by Anonymousreply 480March 17, 2023 10:00 PM

[quote] And that thing with frozen-faced Kidman where he plays the dastardly husband.

His acting in the last episode reveal was Elizabeth “I’m so excited” Berkeley level bad

by Anonymousreply 481March 18, 2023 3:25 AM

Thanks for the laugh r31!

[quote] British people aren’t as pretentious as Americans.

Because nothing says “honest”, “real” and “down to Earth” like presenting, unnominated, at the Oscars and acting like you’re too good to talk about movies or clothing.

by Anonymousreply 482March 18, 2023 6:07 AM

He's doing the British high and mighty dry humor thing. It would've worked better if he hadn't been busted scouting for whores.

by Anonymousreply 483March 18, 2023 6:34 AM

High Grant hates Rupert Murdock and so do I.

by Anonymousreply 484March 18, 2023 6:47 AM

Hugh Grant - cancelled

people who support Hugh Grant - cancelled

by Anonymousreply 485March 18, 2023 7:02 AM

[quote] In Bunyan's allegory, Vanity Fair is "an ancient thing, of long standing, and a very great fair":

But Vanity is a noun and Fair is an adjective. It should be In Fair Vanity.

by Anonymousreply 486March 18, 2023 8:13 AM

R472 “even Pierce Morgan”? Are you aware that Grant and Morgan have a long history of publicly attacking each other over political views, phone hacking, etc?

by Anonymousreply 487March 18, 2023 8:31 AM

r486 Vanity Fair refers to an actual FAIR. like a County Fair or Carnival, where all the attractions and diversions gratify the ego.

by Anonymousreply 488March 18, 2023 9:50 AM

Vanity Fair is a compound noun, you dimwit. The name of "the fair" was "Vanity". VANITY FAIR

by Anonymousreply 489March 18, 2023 10:06 AM

R489 So are there other fairs, such as Gluttony Fair, Sloth Fair, Lust Fair, Wrath Fair and Pride Fair?

by Anonymousreply 490March 18, 2023 10:25 AM

Of course, r490, you are obviously new in this site.

by Anonymousreply 491March 18, 2023 10:34 AM

I see the village idiot has arrived at our snarky bitch fair.

by Anonymousreply 492March 18, 2023 10:37 AM

He seemed very Hugh Grant-ish.

by Anonymousreply 493March 18, 2023 10:44 AM

[quote]And don’t get me started on that fisted, hesitant walk.

Lol, R18, sounds like Michael Crawford in [italic]Hello, Dolly![/italic]

by Anonymousreply 494March 18, 2023 10:52 AM

I've never heard anything bad from cast or crew who've worked with Hugh, can R475 or someone else show what they've found?

by Anonymousreply 495March 18, 2023 11:31 AM

R490, Stop. You're embarrassing yourself. Google "Vanity Fair." Be sure to pick the result that says "allegory."

by Anonymousreply 496March 18, 2023 12:03 PM

R496 has no sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 497March 18, 2023 12:05 PM

R486 has zero understanding of word usage.

Do you know, r486, that you can pay a fair fare to enter the fair Fair?

R497 has no talent for satire. When it sounds like simple stupidity, it's a big fail.

by Anonymousreply 498March 18, 2023 12:07 PM

R498 is all fired up because people don't care that she fancies herself as a scholar.

by Anonymousreply 499March 18, 2023 12:15 PM

You're right, r499! But I haven't been the only responder!

by Anonymousreply 500March 18, 2023 12:23 PM

All this talk of Hugh Grant, makes me want to watch a Hugh Grant Movie.

1.) Was is your favorite Hugh Grant Movie?

2.) What Hugh Grant Movie should I watch?

by Anonymousreply 501March 23, 2023 2:02 AM

[quote] Of course, [R490], you are obviously new in this site.

I am obviously new to Thackeray and The Pilgrim's Progress.

by Anonymousreply 502March 23, 2023 3:19 AM

1) About A Boy

2) I couldn’t care less

by Anonymousreply 503March 23, 2023 4:45 AM

It doesn't matter, R501. He's cancelled.

I do like "Maurice" though. I'm a sucker for all that English upper class nonsense. It's one of my favorite gay-themed movies.

by Anonymousreply 504March 23, 2023 5:25 AM

The trailer for "Maurice".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505March 23, 2023 7:23 AM

About a Boy is superb. Paddington 2 - no joke - is a great movie. He's very good playing sneaky, gay politician Jeremy Thorpe in A Very English Scandal.

by Anonymousreply 506March 23, 2023 7:57 AM

This might sound stupid, but I adore the animated film "The Pirate Movie" and he is note-perfect as the voice of the Pirate Captain.

He's an effective actor when he has the right material.

by Anonymousreply 507March 23, 2023 2:51 PM

Although he tends to be self-effacing and dismissive of acting, Grant is quite talented. I personally don't like the big romcoms he was in, such as Four Weddings and a Funeral, Love Actually, Notting Hill, and the Bridget Jones films, although he was fine in them.

Most recently, he was very effective in The Undoing, A Very English Scandal, and Paddington 2. My favorite films with him are About A Boy, The Englishman Who Went Up a Hill and Came Down a Mountain, Impromptu, Maurice, Restoration, Sirens, and An Awfully Big Adventure.

In An Awfully Big Adventure, he plays a vicious, deceptive, talented, and funny director, who has been hired to stage plays in a Liverpool theater in the post-war period. In Impromptu, he's cast as Chopin, a sensitive, sickly composer who is pursued relentlessly by George Sand. In Maurice, he's a young man of privilege, who, unlike the title character, is able and willing to compartmentalize his homosexuality so he can have a conventional life with a family and political career. In Restoration, he's a bitchy portrait painter trying to gain a place at Charles II's court. It's basically a cameo, but he's terrific.

He even makes something of his role in Sirens, which is about a young, recently married minister who travels from England to his new parish in Australia. On the way, he's supposed to talk sense into a scandalous painter who has a virtual harem. Compared to the other characters, he has almost no character arc, he starts out as a kind, intelligent, mild-mannered young man and ends that way. But he's not boring. Anyone can scream and declaim. To hold interest while basically being an observer takes talent.

by Anonymousreply 508March 26, 2023 9:06 PM

Grant's very witty and I always look forward to his rare appearances on talk shows.

by Anonymousreply 509March 26, 2023 9:17 PM

I'm surprised DL - known the internet over as a cyber meadow of fluffy bunnies, gentle fawns, fragrant spring flowers and peaceful sunshine - isn't unanimously on the side of the snarling, sneering, hooker hiring, unnecessarily unkind dude who gave the stupid fat girl in an ugly dress an unwarranted hard time and only sorry he didn't call her a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 510March 26, 2023 9:33 PM

R510

Many people felt sorry for Grant when got arrested with a hooker. There were stories by Hollywood insiders that said he didn't know the private networks through which one hires a prostitute. Compared to the horrors of Me Too, hiring a sex worker and paying her for normal sex is nothing. And it may be hard to believe, but some Black women thought, "Hey, he thinks Black women are attractive. Good for him."

by Anonymousreply 511March 26, 2023 9:58 PM

R505

I love Maurice. The last scene with Grant is particularly sad.

by Anonymousreply 512March 26, 2023 10:01 PM

R511 Divine Brown became quite a star!

by Anonymousreply 513March 26, 2023 10:03 PM

How was he a jerk? He answered her questions and just did not elaborate. I like him. He also was not in the movie very much so his response was very accurate. What am I missing? Is it because he was not overly cordial? Shit, those questions were pretty lame. Team Hugh.

by Anonymousreply 514March 31, 2023 2:27 AM

He wasn’t a jerk at all. Most Americans don’t get his very British humor. He seemed normal.

by Anonymousreply 515March 31, 2023 2:30 AM

Apparently the fat woman interviewing him is a favorite with reality TV shows' moronic fans. So morons were offended.

by Anonymousreply 516March 31, 2023 2:42 AM

R516 lmao, now I get it.

by Anonymousreply 517March 31, 2023 2:43 AM

R514

The patronising British humour excuse doesn’t fly because he would not talk to Philip and Holly or Rylan like this on a British the red carpet, he’d tease them for their fluffy questions and not give terse responses and roll his eyes.

by Anonymousreply 518March 31, 2023 3:57 AM

She was an idiot. Enough already. He did nothing wrong. It’s not like he called her a fat ass bitch.

by Anonymousreply 519March 31, 2023 3:59 AM

R518 all this criticism is so bizarre and ridiculous. It was a 1 minute interview and everyone is critiquing it like he was running for President. He did nothing wrong. No one left crying or offended.

by Anonymousreply 520March 31, 2023 5:20 AM

[quote] It was a 1 minute interview and everyone is critiquing it like he was running for President

Nothing else happened on that dreary night for us to gossip about.

Every recipient on that dreary night was dreary!

by Anonymousreply 521March 31, 2023 5:25 AM

Give your head a shake, R520. He was a rude asshole who acted like he was too good to be there. He's cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 522April 12, 2023 11:10 PM

I’m sorry the woman who interviewed Hugh Grant on the red carpet was completely unprepared. She didn’t know what questions to ask and she was poorly prepared.

by Anonymousreply 523April 13, 2023 1:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!