Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I like Lukas Gage more than ever, after reading this

Lukas Gage will not succumb to the pressures of labeling.

The You actor told The New York Times that he feels pressured "all the time" to identify with a certain LGBTQ+ label in his career. "An agent that dropped me was like, 'Stop dyeing your hair, stop wearing weird clothes, and pick a lane: gay, bi, or straight. It's too confusing,'" Gage shared. "I understand representation and voices that need to be heard, but I don't want to do anything on anyone's accord but my own."

"Let me do it when I'm ready. And it's acting. I feel like everyone should get the opportunity to play whatever they want," he continued, adding, "I'm a pretty open book about most things in my life, but I have a problem with the culture of everyone needing to know everybody's business and nothing can be sacred. It's a weird line that I'm still trying to figure out."

Though the actor has never addressed his sexuality publicly, Gage has played several LGBTQ+ characters, including on Love, Victor, The White Lotus, and, most recently, You. Last year, when a Twitter user criticized casting Gage in LGBTQ+ roles as a "non-LGBTQ+" actor, he responded, "You don't know my alphabet." (Gage offered a simple "no" when asked to "enlighten the world.")

Elsewhere in the interview, Gage revealed that he originally auditioned for the lead role of serial killer and stalker Joe in You, which ultimately went to Penn Badgley. The Gossip Girl alum recently made headlines for stating that he no longer wanted to do sex scenes, citing "fidelity" in his marriage. While Gage respects Badgley's views on the matter, he said it would be a "disservice" to exclude them.

He called the discourse surrounding abandoning sex scenes "a little weird," adding, "I get a lot of backlash in my DMs about it, saying, 'That's so disgusting.' And that pisses me off because I don't want to yuck anyone's yum. But a lot of people can have a hard time separating the actor from the character, and then, suddenly, people are coming up to me at Starbucks asking [if the scene was real]. People forget it's make-believe."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11March 12, 2023 10:29 PM

Lukas is doing everything right.

First that leaked video with the asshole casting director.

Instead of crawling away with his tail between his legs, he smartly handled the situation and became an overnight sensation.

Second, he won't let anyone tell him how to label himself.

Being an actor in Hollywood on his own terms, and still getting decent work.

Good for him!

by Anonymousreply 1March 12, 2023 8:31 PM

Would be hot AFTER a lip lift……

by Anonymousreply 2March 12, 2023 8:31 PM

"Wash By Hand"

by Anonymousreply 3March 12, 2023 8:32 PM

"Don't want to yuck anyone's yum"??? WTF?

by Anonymousreply 4March 12, 2023 8:34 PM

There's nothing sexier than a man who knows exactly who he is, and is confident in that.

I'm sure that's why he gets so many acting roles.

by Anonymousreply 5March 12, 2023 8:34 PM

Not wanting to label yourself is like wanting to have your cake and eat it too. I do like him, but he needs to find smaller veneers and a spine.

by Anonymousreply 6March 12, 2023 8:39 PM

Was he the little boy Ralphie in A Christmas Story?

by Anonymousreply 7March 12, 2023 8:40 PM

Gage would be the perfect choice to play a young Steven Adler in a Guns N' Roses biopic. Looks like Steven's son.

A film about the band was actually in pre-production for a while, but idk what happened to it. Maybe investors pulled out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8March 12, 2023 9:56 PM

But isn’t he basically coming out by saying he’s not coming out? No straight guy would be saying all this stuff. If people didn’t know he was gay, they do now after reading all his statements.

by Anonymousreply 9March 12, 2023 10:26 PM

[quote] He called the discourse surrounding abandoning sex scenes "a little weird,"

So he’s shading his co-star Penn Badgely.

by Anonymousreply 10March 12, 2023 10:27 PM

[quote] I'm sure that's why he gets so many acting roles.

It certainly isn't his acting talent.

by Anonymousreply 11March 12, 2023 10:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!