Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lukas Gage-Zachary Quinto comedy “Down Low” eviscerated in reviews

Good, fuck him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 10, 2024 2:06 PM

Op sounds nasty and jealous

by Anonymousreply 1March 12, 2023 4:44 PM

Why almost every movie written by supposedly gay/bi men these days turns out to be trash?

by Anonymousreply 2March 12, 2023 4:58 PM

R2 you don’t know my alphabet!

by Anonymousreply 3March 12, 2023 4:59 PM

Down Low seems like it was developed on a white board after a night out: "Let's get Judith Light! She'll say yes to anything remotely gay." "And Simon Rex! He's straight and is the only gay involved who has not fucked Matthew Wilkas!" (Although I see Wilkas is not in this one.)

Oh and Rightor Doyle directed: "The poor filmmaking from first-time director Rightor Doyle only makes matters worse: Nearly every conversation between Gary and Cameron is filmed in the exact same shot-reverse shot set-up; the sloppy editing patches together shots from clearly different takes; there’s an establishing shot needlessly filmed from a canted angle, a minor stylistic flare that highlights just how nonexistent the film’s vision is."

"Bound" was meh and don't find this posse particularly talented.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4March 12, 2023 5:13 PM

R4 According with this clown, he is 'gay' man attracted to women romantically but not sexually...

I'm shocked that he has no pronouns in bio, he's a very Queer theorist.

by Anonymousreply 5March 12, 2023 9:43 PM

This popped up on the pirate sites, so thought I'd give it a go. I managed about 15 minutes. Shockingly bad. The only funny part is that Lukas Gage wrote a role for himself where he plays a dom top (yeah, Gage and some frau wrote the screenplay)

by Anonymousreply 6October 11, 2023 6:46 PM

I just watched it and I enjoyed it. You queens who hated it are sooooo basic.

by Anonymousreply 7October 13, 2023 2:34 AM

R7 Yep, it was amusing for about 40% of the film.... more than I expected from the reviews. The script was literally half-baked... the "second and third acts" were weak and sloppy.

by Anonymousreply 8November 2, 2023 2:39 PM

I enjoyed it up until the third act, particularly the last ten minutes. That ending was not earned or even needed.

by Anonymousreply 9February 10, 2024 2:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!