Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Breaking News: Prosecutors Signal Criminal Charges for Trump Are Likely

This is in NY.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103March 27, 2023 5:37 AM

Teflon Don ..... No freakin way

by Anonymousreply 1March 9, 2023 10:55 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2March 9, 2023 10:56 PM

Let the doormats prevail.

by Anonymousreply 3March 9, 2023 10:59 PM

Maggie Haberman contributed reporting to this breaking new piece. This is legit.

by Anonymousreply 4March 9, 2023 11:00 PM

I'm so jaded at this point, that I first read this as Unlikely

by Anonymousreply 5March 9, 2023 11:02 PM

Does anyone believe this anymore?

by Anonymousreply 6March 9, 2023 11:03 PM

Meh. I’m counting on him to split the Republican Party running against DeSantis. I don’t want him in jail yet.

by Anonymousreply 7March 9, 2023 11:03 PM

I like that this has nothing to do with politics but rather, with prostitutes and hush money.

Be fun to hear the testimony and watch GOP pretend it's not happening

by Anonymousreply 8March 9, 2023 11:04 PM

About fucking time!!

by Anonymousreply 9March 9, 2023 11:04 PM

A story came out this morning that "someone" with connections to connections posted, "Beware the Ides of March." Cohen was to head in as the final witness (the assumption being that Trump wouldn't testify) and that that would close things out for a formal indictment by some time next week or soon after.

Bragg is jostling for position as the Georgia Grand Jury is almost done, given things were to go to them "early in March."

And of course the DOJ ought to be close with the open-and-shut documents case.

by Anonymousreply 10March 9, 2023 11:05 PM

Maggie Haberman has been very careful about over reporting anything with Trump. She is a contributing reporter to this breaking news article, part of the journalist team. It more believable if she is reporting this. Also, it was chosen as breaking news. She usually does not do this.

by Anonymousreply 11March 9, 2023 11:08 PM

Exhausting...never ending.

by Anonymousreply 12March 9, 2023 11:08 PM

"This is in NY. "

That's because that is where most of his crimes were committed before the 2016 election.

by Anonymousreply 13March 9, 2023 11:08 PM

Ruh Roh. There's going to be some stinky diapers and ketchup running down the walls of Mar-a-Lago tonight.

by Anonymousreply 14March 9, 2023 11:09 PM

Thanks Alvin!

by Anonymousreply 15March 9, 2023 11:10 PM

Eh, I've gotten my hopes up so many times that now I don't believe this at all.

by Anonymousreply 16March 9, 2023 11:10 PM

He can't help himself. He's a mentally ill chronic compulsive liar.

by Anonymousreply 17March 9, 2023 11:12 PM

It's for the Stormy Daniels hush money case? That seems so long ago.

by Anonymousreply 18March 9, 2023 11:13 PM

Will there now be a race to be second to charge Trump? No one wants to come in last. Will it be Willis or Smith next?

by Anonymousreply 19March 10, 2023 12:27 AM

[quote]Bragg is jostling for position as the Georgia Grand Jury is almost done, given things were to go to them "early in March."

Hi, Georgia!

by Anonymousreply 20March 10, 2023 12:45 AM

I hate him, but is hundreds of thousands/millions of dollars looking into this for 5 years really financially worth it over a $130,000 payment?

by Anonymousreply 21March 10, 2023 12:52 AM

I'll believe it when I see it! I still think that it's still the opinion of national security experts, that it's not a good idea to put a former President in jail. Even if he deserves it. My opinion is, he should face the consequences of his actions, but if a national security expert has a very solid argument that locking him up would look very bad on the global stage, and the butterfly effect could screw up our strategic operations abroad, then I support keeping him out of jail.

by Anonymousreply 22March 10, 2023 1:06 AM

I'm tired of the perpetual blue balls.

by Anonymousreply 23March 10, 2023 1:10 AM

So sick of this guy. And sick of the attention he gets.

by Anonymousreply 24March 10, 2023 1:12 AM

I'm allergic to disappointment, so I'm not going to let myself get hopeful. I'm sure most of y'all feel the same.

by Anonymousreply 25March 10, 2023 1:16 AM

[quote] I'll believe it when I see it! I still think that it's still the opinion of national security experts, that it's not a good idea to put a former President in jail. Even if he deserves it. My opinion is, he should face the consequences of his actions, but if a national security expert has a very solid argument that locking him up would look very bad on the global stage, and the butterfly effect could screw up our strategic operations abroad, then I support keeping him out of jail.

NOT locking up this traitor would look very bad on the global stage.

by Anonymousreply 26March 10, 2023 1:18 AM

^ Yeah, we should just let bygones be bygones. Why even have any laws at all if the criminal activities of people like Trump aren't punished?

by Anonymousreply 27March 10, 2023 1:24 AM

At the most he may get indicted, but he will never be convicted and will never serve even a single day in jail. The US has a double standard when it comes to justice. Lady Liberty is not blindfolded. She is winking knowingly at all the rich, the powerful and the connected, and treating almost everyone else with a more fair justice.

by Anonymousreply 28March 10, 2023 1:24 AM

I don’t know if it is this case or another case but something has other gop mongrels finally rejecting this fat bastard with a bit more confidence. They must think he is going down, wether he actually is or not remains to be seen.

by Anonymousreply 29March 10, 2023 1:27 AM

I’ll second that, R28 !

by Anonymousreply 30March 10, 2023 1:41 AM

At the absolute worse case scenario Trump will pay a nominal fine for violating election rules. That will be it boys and girls.

Now, look over there; something shiny!

by Anonymousreply 31March 10, 2023 1:49 AM

R26 I said IF. I'm not a national security expert, so I really don't know what's best for our nation's security. But I do know that you probably don't know either. There's a good chance national security experts are going to make the final decision about whether or not he's going to be charged. This is a very special case, and their opinion matters. Maybe they believe that China could use the chaos of charging Trump to attack Taiwan. Or that Russia would decide to invade Moldova. They have stated that our enemies may make tactical decisions when they perceive that we are "distracted". Also if you still think that any justice system in the history of humankind was "fair", you need to read some books.

by Anonymousreply 32March 10, 2023 1:52 AM

Just like "only Nixon could go to China", so only a Republican prosecutor can prosecute Trump. Any Democratic prosecutor is going to be seen, appropriately, as purely partisan, trying to take out the head of the rival political party.

by Anonymousreply 33March 10, 2023 1:59 AM

The GOP needs for him to go away for Trump's followers to get behind DeSantis. They may grumble and whine, but staying at home is not really an option when they want their bigot utopia where they can keep bullying minorities.

by Anonymousreply 34March 10, 2023 2:03 AM

So sick of "signals," signs and portents. Just indict already!

by Anonymousreply 35March 10, 2023 2:28 AM

While I normally would agree that it's not good to charge a former president, here we are talking about someone who has spent 5he last 6 years talking about prosecuting Clinton, Obama and Biden. So he himself obviously sees nothing wrong with the general idea.

by Anonymousreply 36March 10, 2023 2:36 AM

May Lady Justice be harsh and swift, as she fucks him up his prolapsed, unlubed ass.

by Anonymousreply 37March 10, 2023 2:47 AM

Other countries have gone after their leaders when they have broken the law. Why do we Americans think we're so sacred and god damned special that we can't do the same?

Gee, one might start to think that all this "American exceptionalism" talk is just a bunch of bullshit talk to not hurt the feelings of a bunch of snowflakes.

He's broken a zillion laws already--prosecute his fat ass. If the case loses because of one MAGAt juror then so be it--but you have to try and uphold the rule of law.

I've had it with all of the kvetching and kvelling.

by Anonymousreply 38March 10, 2023 2:52 AM

I don't believe it. We have been down this road too many times. Remember when Matt was supposed to be charged? Nothing comes from any of this. It's sad but true. They protect each other.

by Anonymousreply 39March 10, 2023 2:54 AM

We would show our exceptionalism by going after this crook!

by Anonymousreply 40March 10, 2023 2:54 AM

If he had a shred of decency in him he'd just stroke out.

by Anonymousreply 41March 10, 2023 10:54 AM

I would love to see something like the Harvey Weinstein case where Trump decides to make his appearances in court using a walker with tennis balls attached to the feet. It just seems like these things fizzle out before they begin, I guess Trump has been around a long time and has a lot of dirt on a lot of people and manages to have things stopped at the last minute.

by Anonymousreply 42March 10, 2023 11:01 AM

The demise of Donald J. Trump is imminent.

by Anonymousreply 43March 10, 2023 11:34 AM

I'm skeptical...but, Capone was indicted and jailed for tax evasion. When the cuffs are on him, then I'll have faith.

by Anonymousreply 44March 10, 2023 11:43 AM

I hope Stormy gets to tell everyone about how small and malformed Donald's dick is, again. After all of his "Horseface" comments about her and even denying he was with her 😂, I'll bet she has some stuff to say.

by Anonymousreply 45March 10, 2023 11:48 AM

Pffft.

by Anonymousreply 46March 10, 2023 11:51 AM

It's pathetic and weak looking for a nation like ours to have he and his family running around free. Life in jail for all of them is the only suitable outcome. Give them no access to the media. Let them dry up like the long-festering boils they are.

by Anonymousreply 47March 10, 2023 11:53 AM

Whatever happened to Garland's newly appointed special prosecutor, Jack Smith? Nothing from him....fucking crickets. He was supposed to be tough? Garland just pushed trumps investigation off, that he wanted nothing to do with, to someone else....who will also do nothing. What fucking hope is there anymore. The top cops of the US...

by Anonymousreply 48March 10, 2023 11:55 AM

Re: R48:

Cannot speak for Garland regarding Trump or J6 but Smith has been busy:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49March 10, 2023 11:59 AM

Smith isn't "doing nothing." Just yesterday he was in court trying to force Trump’s defense attorney Evan Corcoran to testify again in front of the grand jury. The court hasn't ruled on whether he'll be forced to or not.

A few weeks ago we learned that there were something like 10 court cases he was currently juggling re: the Trump case, all hearings meant to decide specific issues like Corcoran testifying.

by Anonymousreply 50March 10, 2023 12:00 PM

L'Affaire Stormy is embarrassing for the Trump crowd, so that's fun, but much better for him to be charged with the far more serious federal offenses and by the Fulton County D.A. This is apparently a complicated case to make. I'd rather have him not charged than acquitted.

Re national security: Because of his Secret Service protection, which is for life, Trump could never be in a regular jail cell and around other prisoners, even at a white collar prison. Doesn't mean he can't be convicted and confined. They could give him a wing of his own, or convert some barracks for him somewhere. After he was spared execution by de Gaulle, Petain lived out his days in some remote building where he was the only prisoner. Similar fate for Napoleon on St. Helena. This is an option for Trump, as is house arrest, although given that his house is a resort he seldom leaves anyway, that would be mostly symbolic. I think it really needs to be the former route, to make a statement.

by Anonymousreply 51March 10, 2023 12:32 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 52March 10, 2023 8:47 PM

He can run against DeSantis while indicted and facing conviction in multiple jurisdictions. That’d be OK.

by Anonymousreply 53March 10, 2023 9:42 PM

R51 They can banish him to Elba Island like Napoleon.

by Anonymousreply 54March 10, 2023 10:13 PM

I think once a former president is convicted of a crime, Secret Service protection should be forfeited.

by Anonymousreply 55March 10, 2023 10:17 PM

Confine him to a welfare hotel double-occupancy with Ghouliani.

They deserve each other.

by Anonymousreply 56March 10, 2023 10:19 PM

There's some shit going on. He can be charged with a misdemeanor for Stormy. He could be charged with a felony, but unlikely. The thing is, NY gets him first which delays Georgia. And Where the FUCK is DoJ on the classified documents and the fucking insurrection, Seditious Conspiracy?

by Anonymousreply 57March 10, 2023 10:25 PM

A New York indictment does not delay a Georgia indictment. He would not go on trial in either case for several months, if indicted.

But I don't understand the NYS case. According to NYT the misdemeanor falsifying business records charges goes to a felony if it was covering up a crime, but they then cite NY election law and Trump's campaign was federal so that doesn't apply. If they say -contrary to the NYT- that he was violating federal election law with the hush money, that is a case the feds never brought and they're going to have a state jury deal with that? Seems not great.

by Anonymousreply 58March 11, 2023 12:48 AM

The "hush" money case will fall apart. A person paying off their blackmailer is not a crime.

by Anonymousreply 59March 11, 2023 1:15 AM

R59 It is because it's violating state and federal election laws. They were trying to suppress public information to affect the election.

by Anonymousreply 60March 11, 2023 2:16 AM

Isn’t it kind of surreal how such a vile piece of shit like DJT, known for decades as a frivolous buffoon, became President and a daily torture in our lives? Trump has become this all encompassing energy suck, a constant irritant, bloated, shrill and completely insane. It has to be some sort of mad plan to drive the country in the ground by unleashing that imbecile into the mainstream filter.

by Anonymousreply 61March 11, 2023 3:33 AM

[quote]They were trying to suppress public information to affect the election

It wasn't public information and a person being blackmailed can certainly try to prevent information from being disclosed.

by Anonymousreply 62March 11, 2023 3:57 AM

Paying hush money per se is not a crime. But crimes can be committed in doing it. If it entails falsifying business records, that's a crime. There is also the campaign finance angle, which is a bit more debatable.

But even if so, this is very far from the worst thing he has done and more complicated legally than some other cases. I certainly hope this is not all he is charged with. There is an argument that the NY DA should have gone with the fraud case.

by Anonymousreply 63March 11, 2023 7:42 AM

It makes no sense to me that Michael Cohen goes to prison, but "Individual #1" doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 64March 11, 2023 5:14 PM

[quote]It makes no sense to me that Michael Cohen goes to prison, but "Individual #1" doesn't.

Cohen was as surprised as anyone. The idiot pled guilty, thinking he was going to be treated lightly if he cooperated. The sad sack is just a tool, used first by Trump, and then by prosecutors. Cohen is a convicted liar and criminal, so it is appropriate that he went to prison.

by Anonymousreply 65March 11, 2023 6:56 PM

[quote]And Where the FUCK is DoJ on the classified documents and the fucking insurrection, Seditious Conspiracy?

Nosferatu has slow-tracked that investigation, within the last week or so.

by Anonymousreply 66March 11, 2023 7:25 PM

We’ll believe it when we see it.

by Anonymousreply 67March 11, 2023 7:37 PM

What are the "indictment is good for Trump" people thinking? He is facing multiple indictments and each of them could contain multiple charges?

He's going to beat ALL of them before November 2024? Or get a mistrial for ALL of them? He's going to be able to drag them all out? I agree that an indictment might not stop him from being nominated, but indictments do lead to trials and things don't look good for him. The Stormy Daniels case is the least of it, even if that's the most imminent.

by Anonymousreply 68March 26, 2023 3:12 AM

R68 I think the scenario one side is dreading and the other is hoping for, is Trump getting indicted, tried and found not guilty, and he will get the nomination and he will be a formidable candidate.

by Anonymousreply 69March 26, 2023 3:20 AM

R69, That seems really unlikely though. In the documents case he is extremely guilty and it looks like they have him on obstruction. They can say "Biden had documents too" but he didn't obstruct justice. The Georgia case seems to have a smoking gun in various recordings. The charge is maybe unorthodox I guess. Jan 6 is more complicated but they may get him on that. The Stormy Daniels case is the weakest for various reasons, but it's not like he didn't do it. There is some chance he wriggles out of this or that, but everything? Yes, he can appeal any conviction and he won't be confined (however they do that, house arrest or a special barracks or wing of a prison where he can be isolated) for a long time. But as effed up as the GOP is, I don't think the electorate as a whole is going to elect a convicted felon out on bond appealing his sentence. I just don't.

by Anonymousreply 70March 26, 2023 3:26 AM

Indictments don’t mean shit to Netanyahu, for example. He governs while under indictment! Trump would happily do the same, right?

by Anonymousreply 71March 26, 2023 3:45 AM

The Israeli legal system is MUCH slower than the American one. Netanyahu was indicted in 2019 and the trial is not close to over! It's good that they were able to indict a seating leader -unlike the US- but the lack of speed is totally nuts. I don't think Trump is dealing with the same timetable here.

by Anonymousreply 72March 26, 2023 3:49 AM

Netanyahu made a bargain. He's is in Putin's pocket right now taking his country to the extreme Right. So his "trial" will move very slowly indeed.

by Anonymousreply 73March 26, 2023 3:44 PM

"But as effed up as the GOP is, I don't think the electorate as a whole is going to elect a convicted felon..."

To the MAGAts, being a convicted felon is a badge of honor, a big F.U. to "the man," even though Trump and the Republicans are the embodiment of "the man." Hell, they're biggest TV star, Tim Allen, is a convicted felon/ex drug dealer and the MAGAts worship the ground Allen walks on.

The MAGAts will gladly vote for any felon, past or present, as long as that felon is white and male.

by Anonymousreply 74March 26, 2023 4:55 PM

I don’t think anything short of exile to Mars will work for Trump. He would run from a prison cell.

by Anonymousreply 75March 26, 2023 5:39 PM

I stand by what I've said regarding imprisonment for him: House arrest with his sycophants. Those ugly hogs showing up to his rallies should surround him for the rest of his days.

by Anonymousreply 76March 26, 2023 5:51 PM

Wait. I thought everyone here said he was going to be arrested last week. What happened there? Oh, he's gonna get it now, really get it. He is going to be SO arrested! Wait and see. You will see. Really! Just a matter of time. I am not kidding this time.

by Anonymousreply 77March 26, 2023 5:55 PM

[quote]Wait. I thought everyone here said he was going to be arrested last week.

Psst. There was ONE person who said he was going to be arrested last week. That was dump himself.

No one else claimed anything else other than that fetid boil on the ass of humanity.

by Anonymousreply 78March 26, 2023 5:57 PM

Trump is the only one who claimed he was being arrested, so I don't know why anyone runs with anything that orange dogshit says

by Anonymousreply 79March 26, 2023 5:58 PM

R74, Yes the hardcore Trumpers will never leave him. But not everyone who voted for him against Biden and HRC is in that category. A lot of them are just regular non-MAGA Republicans who voted for him out of party loyalty and hostility to the Dems. He barely won in 2016 in an electorate that was whiter and more filled with Boomers than the 2024 one will be. It doesn't take more than a small number of defectors to doom the GOP ticket. I don't think that the squishy voters will shrug off a conviction or even an indictment.

by Anonymousreply 80March 26, 2023 6:01 PM

[quote]just regular non-MAGA Republicans who voted for him out of party loyalty and hostility to the Dems

There is no such thing. The moment they voted for that vile, stupid man, was the moment they showed the world who they were. That they could ignore his bullhorn hate (starting with the birther crap), is despicable. As I said in the other thread: He got the nomination in the first place the moment he targeted non-whites. Why was that allowed to happen? They ignored every other credible candidate and supported a man who couldn't tell you who wrote the constitution even if Madison himself used flashcards to explain it to that orange pile of shit. They all ran to support him the moment he put on that klan robe.

Had those "regular" Republicans had any decency, they would've written in a "regular" Republican. There is no "regular" anymore. Their platform is extremism. And I don't want to hear the "both sides" bullshit, because the Dem platform has nothing extreme (and if I get some bullshit"trans" obsessed moron responding, I'll just put your dumb ass on ignore, so don't bother with your tiresome lies).

by Anonymousreply 81March 26, 2023 6:20 PM

Could you be a rational adult for five minutes? Trump is terrible and even regular Republicans are bad for going along with him to the extent they have. But not every single one is in his cult and will die in the last ditch for him. He lost last time, when he wasn't in legal trouble and he had the advantage of incumbency. Multiple indictments at a minimum and a possible conviction would finish him.

by Anonymousreply 82March 26, 2023 6:42 PM

But his fans don’t believe that he lost! Why would they care about indictments?

by Anonymousreply 83March 26, 2023 6:48 PM

R82, yes, let me be "rational"... despite four years of his glaring corruption and continued vitriol and ignorance and idiocy and weaponization/corruption of agencies including the IRS and DOJ, he got even MORE "regular" Republicans to vote for him in 2020. "Regular" Republicans had the opportunity to speak up and they didn't. "Regular" Republicans continued to enable him. "Regular" Republicans could've joined in with the impeachment. Cheney and Kinzinger are both GONE, because there weren't enough "regular" Republicans to support them.

Perhaps you buy into the "Team Normal" bullshit, but anyone who has paid attention, knows that save a literal handful of Republicans, they're mostly garbage. Even that complete horse's ass bill whatever who coined the "Team Normal" we an adviser to the campaign of Liz' Cheney's opponent...another Trump crackpot. You don't seem to understand that these "regular" Republicans are fine with Trump's disgusting, hateful platform. They just want to change the QB to a less stupid, but equally evil one. Even the "regular" Republicans who testified --including the ones who got death threats-- said they'd vote for Trump again.

The majority of "regular" Republicans think the election was stolen and that violence is a perfectly reasonable way of countering a loss.

by Anonymousreply 84March 26, 2023 7:00 PM

was* an adviser

Bill Stepien*

by Anonymousreply 85March 26, 2023 7:02 PM

If 95% of Republicans are fine with indicted Trump or convicted but appealing his sentence Trump, he is DOOMED. This is not complicated math.

by Anonymousreply 86March 26, 2023 7:03 PM

He doesn’t need votes, he’s a Republican.

by Anonymousreply 87March 26, 2023 7:04 PM

The republican party are working with and enabling Russia and China to destroy us .

by Anonymousreply 88March 26, 2023 7:07 PM

They're coming to take me away, ha-ha!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89March 27, 2023 1:53 AM

At this particular time and for the past sometime, the main damage has been Russia not China. China does stupid shit like spying on us to get a lead on our technology. It is similar to industrial espionage. Corporate spying. The auto companies always spied on one another in the 50's and 60's, etc. Russia wants to crush us. Destabilize us so they can gain access to power in Europe. Now I wouldn't doubt some lobbyists and members of Congress get payouts from China for legislation, etc. But Russians are evil. They have also been using their clients like Iran and Lebanon and Syria to do damage. There was even an Israeli groups doing troll farms and fucking with our elections. Yes. But they weren't working for Israel they were mercenaries working for who ever hired them. We are so vulnerable and so porous it's embarrassing. Biden has been trying to get cyber security and tech stuff passed in Congress, and is establishing new rules and regulations but it's over due and requires funding and constant updating.

by Anonymousreply 90March 27, 2023 2:46 AM

Russia is messing with us more now. China is a much greater threat in the medium and long term. Russia is in decline. All it has is fossil fuels, nukes and spies. They are botching the Ukraine War.

by Anonymousreply 91March 27, 2023 2:55 AM

As Biden rightly pointed out, China is our competitor not our adversary. And it's pretty damned clear the Russians may be a rogue state, but they are our nemesis. Even "in decline" they're a great danger to world peace. They don't want stability.

by Anonymousreply 92March 27, 2023 3:01 AM

All the underhanded, illegal shit that man has done in New York since the '70s, but yet the best thing the DA can try to hang on him is that he paid for sex? No one cared in 2016, even his Evangelical God-botherer core base didn't give a shit. Only a Federal charge can put this man down -- c'mon, Georgia.

by Anonymousreply 93March 27, 2023 3:02 AM

R93- The charge would not be that he paid for sex.

by Anonymousreply 94March 27, 2023 3:28 AM

[quote]yet the best thing the DA can try to hang on him is that he paid for sex?

The charge isn't for "paying for sex." It's for where the money came from. He used campaign money to "pay for sex."

[quote]No one cared in 2016, even his Evangelical God-botherer core base didn't give a shit.

Are people ever going to figure out that Evangelicals are deviants full of shit who've never had anything resembling a moral core? It's white supremacy under the guise of religion. If they actually cared about morality, they would've supported Obama. They're as close to morality as Matt Schlapp is to heterosexuality.

by Anonymousreply 95March 27, 2023 3:39 AM

It's not even that he used campaign money to "pay for sex". The sex was in 2006 at some golf tournament in another state. It was hush money to buy her silence a decade later which was an unreported campaign expenditure and which business records were falsified to cover up.

by Anonymousreply 96March 27, 2023 3:44 AM

Riiiiiiiight

by Anonymousreply 97March 27, 2023 3:56 AM

You marxists have been saying this for years. Keep on dreaming.

by Anonymousreply 98March 27, 2023 4:02 AM

[quote]You marxists have been saying this for years. Keep on dreaming.

"Marxist" is an awfully sophisticated word for an inbred methhead.

by Anonymousreply 99March 27, 2023 4:07 AM

LOL, "Marxist". I didn't see that comment because I already have the asshole on ignore, but WTF does "Marxist" even mean when they say it? Is it a reference to liberals in govt being the ones banning books and trying to control people's bodies or a reference to "socialism" which is also preposterous since we all know it's the capitalist blue states that have to *distribute* our wealth to shithole red states full of losers without pot to piss in?

by Anonymousreply 100March 27, 2023 4:17 AM

I have no opinion as yet about any other investigations or possible prosecutions of Trump but this one is completely political and bad law. It really is ethically troubling. There is a very good legal reason why Mueller and Vance (a hell of of lot more experienced and ethical than Bragg) both declined to prosecute.

by Anonymousreply 101March 27, 2023 4:54 AM

How many times will we hear this..?

by Anonymousreply 102March 27, 2023 4:59 AM

R101, you're an idiot. I'm actually embarrassed for you as to how little you know about all of this. Were you the idiot who also said SDNY wouldn't take the case because there was no evidence?You didn't even understand the situation with Mueller (and Barr's involvement in that, too). Sit this one out.

by Anonymousreply 103March 27, 2023 5:37 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!