Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

J-Law's Career: Sad Last Days

She's starring in a new movie where she tries to fuck a teen boy so she can earn money to save her house. Matthew Broderick is also in this garbage.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290June 24, 2023 9:35 AM

Female Pedo Agenda movie

by Anonymousreply 1March 9, 2023 2:48 PM

I just wanna know who the hot piece in the briefs is.

by Anonymousreply 2March 9, 2023 2:49 PM

Bye bye cunt.

by Anonymousreply 3March 9, 2023 2:50 PM

She had a good run

by Anonymousreply 4March 9, 2023 2:51 PM

Nobody is hiring her and the only way she gets work if she produces. Granted there was a pandemic but it took her forever to get Causeway made and she was basically a blip on the radar compared to Brian Tyree Henry.

by Anonymousreply 5March 9, 2023 2:53 PM

Two hours of cringe. Why can't they fund good screenplays? I'm sure somebody out there has written something better than this pile of dung.

by Anonymousreply 6March 9, 2023 2:54 PM

laughed at the trailer tbh, probably bc the kid reminds me of me (sheltered aspergic celibate adolescence)

R1 maybe it would have played better if the young male lead character was female instead? could seem somewhat less creepy and mom/son fet!shy. and besides everyone loves may-december lesbians

by Anonymousreply 7March 9, 2023 2:55 PM

Looks funny, but a bit below her weight. I'm guessing Amy Schumer told her to take this.

Broderick looks like total shit. Wow. Glad to see Scott MacArthur. I miss The Mick.

by Anonymousreply 8March 9, 2023 2:55 PM

J-Law deserves this.

Matthew Broderick looks terrible.

by Anonymousreply 9March 9, 2023 2:58 PM

It's like "My Tutor" or "Homework" for the 21st century.

by Anonymousreply 10March 9, 2023 2:59 PM

The trailer looks like a modern day version of The Three Stooges, except that unlike the Stooges it's not funny, but rather, silly and infantile.

by Anonymousreply 11March 9, 2023 3:00 PM

Who’s the himbo?

by Anonymousreply 12March 9, 2023 3:02 PM

Whenever the best the trailer has to offer is scenes of J-Law getting maced and smacked in the face, you know it's a piece of shit movie.

by Anonymousreply 13March 9, 2023 3:03 PM

Thanks for the reminder R10 . My Tutor is a fucking classic.

by Anonymousreply 14March 9, 2023 3:04 PM

Matthew's wig is horrifying.

by Anonymousreply 15March 9, 2023 3:05 PM

Is it me or does her face look different? Invasion of the fillers?

by Anonymousreply 16March 9, 2023 3:08 PM

You know she's never going to stop using fillers and Botox and collagen. She has no interest in becoming a character actress.

by Anonymousreply 17March 9, 2023 3:09 PM

Her face looks more generic now. Not flattering.

by Anonymousreply 18March 9, 2023 3:12 PM

Dhe's looking like her own Deepfake

by Anonymousreply 19March 9, 2023 3:13 PM

R16 I think she's just getting fat.

by Anonymousreply 20March 9, 2023 3:16 PM

Another in the chorus who thought of My Tutor immediately.

Fun movie!

Matt Lattanzi was so gorgeous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21March 9, 2023 3:16 PM

20 comments and no mention of the mom?

L. Benanti

by Anonymousreply 22March 9, 2023 3:18 PM

[quote] I just wanna know who the hot piece in the briefs is.

Same. He doesn't even show up on the IMDB credits.

by Anonymousreply 23March 9, 2023 3:20 PM

So I guess Buick is a paid sponsor of this movie, since J-Law's reward for fucking the kid is a Buick Regal.

Like anyone wants a Buick Regal.

by Anonymousreply 24March 9, 2023 3:20 PM

J Law was never a classic beauty. Always that long potato face, with large, dough-y features. (My English grandmother would have described her as "common looking.") She cannot take this full-forward photo without showcasing her tits vs her face, for example. I don't think she's at all fat in the trailer--it's just what her face does, regardless of body weight.

Her appeal was always being the spunky, sexy, high-energy girl. That wears a little thin after a while. Now there are dozens of (younger) actresses in that mold.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25March 9, 2023 3:21 PM

R24 they put the ad up like it was for real and it went viral

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26March 9, 2023 3:23 PM

Hahahaha r22

I thought that was Twyla from Schitt’s Creek

by Anonymousreply 27March 9, 2023 3:24 PM

Okay, this looks funny.

But yeah, Matthew is aging horribly.

by Anonymousreply 28March 9, 2023 3:25 PM

How terrible!

by Anonymousreply 29March 9, 2023 3:26 PM

Looks awful

by Anonymousreply 30March 9, 2023 3:28 PM

R14 I fell in love with Matt Lattanzi when I was a little boy after seeing My Tutor. I thought he and Olivia Newton-John were the most beautiful couple in LA.

by Anonymousreply 31March 9, 2023 3:30 PM

J-Lo has a new album coming out soon.

by Anonymousreply 32March 9, 2023 3:30 PM

Didn't even crack a smile. The editing of this trailer is so choppy, I was having a hard time following it.

by Anonymousreply 33March 9, 2023 3:33 PM

Matthew is starting to look like Wallace Shawn.

by Anonymousreply 34March 9, 2023 3:41 PM

From Winter’s Bone to this is a long, long fall.

by Anonymousreply 35March 9, 2023 3:51 PM

I thought she had died

by Anonymousreply 36March 9, 2023 3:55 PM

Too bad.

by Anonymousreply 37March 9, 2023 3:55 PM

She does have F-U money from X-Men and Hunger Games. Even A-list Witherspoon was a crap-fest Rom-Con with Ashton Kutcher this year. Being a star just isn't the same these days and the pandemic did a number on an already struggling Hollywood. Not defending her doing this movie, but the age of gods and goddess as movie stars doing high brow work or box-office topping comedies is largely over.

by Anonymousreply 38March 9, 2023 4:26 PM

R38 No one expects "high brow" from J-Law. But maybe something worthy of an Oscar winner and not some Hallmark movie with cuss words.

by Anonymousreply 39March 9, 2023 4:28 PM

Why do they put every word on the screen? Bizarre, cheap looking and not worthy of a fringe cable network.

by Anonymousreply 40March 9, 2023 4:29 PM

But why r39. Which Oscar winners are keeping to the fancy shit? She just did a movie with Leo, Streep, and Blanchett as Leo's co-star! So it seems odd for people to pretend she's come down hard when no one outside of a select few (all a decade or more older then J-Law) are keeping those "Oscar winner" level movies. That's just not Hollywood anymore. It's all cheap, quick, streaming focused movies with underpaid writers delivering scripts of similar quality.

by Anonymousreply 41March 9, 2023 4:33 PM

She's such a butter face.

by Anonymousreply 42March 9, 2023 4:33 PM

A couple of LONG, sad last days.

by Anonymousreply 43March 9, 2023 4:43 PM

Looks lowbrow funny but after watching the trailer I feel I've seen the entire movie except for the resolution which I'm sure is predictable. And has the trailer set a record for the number of times that the word 'fuck' is used in 90 seconds. Did Melissa McCarthy turn this down?

by Anonymousreply 44March 9, 2023 4:44 PM

Eww, she's so old and past her prime. Old, old, old!

by Anonymousreply 45March 9, 2023 4:52 PM

She’s great at comedy and this movie looks funny.

by Anonymousreply 46March 9, 2023 4:55 PM

R29: Don't get too excited there Margot. You yourself are about a movie away when studios will stop offering you everything.

by Anonymousreply 47March 9, 2023 5:05 PM

doing shit like this means you won't be able to escape her on basic cable and streaming services. . .

at least, when she's doing major films she has a tendency to destroy her own rep. . .

but this shit gives her social credit and risks repairing the damage.

potential endless cycle... making her inescapable.

by Anonymousreply 48March 9, 2023 5:07 PM

Isn’t she trying to squash the Weinstein rumors? This role will certainly not help.

by Anonymousreply 49March 9, 2023 5:09 PM

R47 Thankfully Barbie will be a huge hit!

by Anonymousreply 50March 9, 2023 5:10 PM

R1 since 95% of abusers are male where is your concern over the male pedo agenda

by Anonymousreply 51March 9, 2023 5:11 PM

I actually want to see this. This reminds me of 80s movies.

by Anonymousreply 52March 9, 2023 5:12 PM

She liked doing those fake falls at award ceremonies, well honey, now you've fallen down for real!

by Anonymousreply 53March 9, 2023 5:15 PM

Shoot me. The trailer made me laugh a few times Which is rare. Looks like a good movie to watch for free!

by Anonymousreply 54March 9, 2023 5:18 PM

"No Hard Feelings"? Really?? The title alone sounds like suckage. And Matthew Broderick = cringe.

by Anonymousreply 55March 9, 2023 5:18 PM

Matthew Broderick looks like absolute shit.

by Anonymousreply 56March 9, 2023 5:20 PM

R55 Get the wink-wink-nudge-nudge double entendre in the film's title? She's playing a woman who's trying to fuck a kid, and the kid is having none of it. No hard feelings.

Where do they come up with these genius titles? Hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 57March 9, 2023 5:20 PM

Speaking of old fat Matthew. I ran across an old fuckbuddy of mine in the Geneva Train station today. We fucked for 20 years I bet. He was cute and nice and has one of the biggest and hottest cocks in Western Switzerland. Oh well, he's old now, like I am, and he looks just like fat Matthew in this movie. Kill me, because I still would.

by Anonymousreply 58March 9, 2023 5:27 PM

[quote]Where do they come up with these genius titles?

Sixteen writers locked in a room with limited food, no alcohol and lots and lots of drugs.

by Anonymousreply 59March 9, 2023 5:27 PM

R56: You should look in the mirror.

by Anonymousreply 60March 9, 2023 5:29 PM

looking at social media:

the rightwing believes she's the whore of babylon and a dedicated servant of harvey, therefore this is proof pizzagate is real

young lads are asking isn't she a bit old to be doing the teen rom com and providing lists of all the movies with the same premise

bicurious babyfraus/dykes are imagining themselves as the teen boy and are excited that sisters are taking it back from the menz

no one else seems to care that much... despite the aggressive push from various entertainment outlets.

by Anonymousreply 61March 9, 2023 5:33 PM

It looks funny. About her speed now, I'd say. If it's a success it will help her re-launch.

I don't get the hate, but she's not an ACTRESS, like M. or G. She's an actress. She got lucky with some good roles early.

What the hell has happened to Matthew Broderick? He looks like he's about 65 and about to morph into Andy Rooney.

by Anonymousreply 62March 9, 2023 5:36 PM

This could be a huge hit. For all the shitting on her, she still looks good and that's all that matters. She'll appeal to the middle-aged millennial crowd.

by Anonymousreply 63March 9, 2023 5:37 PM

Love that Scott MacArthur is 43 and playing J-Law’s peer (and probable love interest) and that Laura Benanti is 43 and playing the mother of a college student. Plus que ca change…

by Anonymousreply 64March 9, 2023 5:37 PM

R62 he is 60 tbf. He looks 70 to me.

by Anonymousreply 65March 9, 2023 5:37 PM

Embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 66March 9, 2023 5:38 PM

[quote]bicurious babyfraus/dykes are imagining

Who on earth could possibly care what such people have to say?

by Anonymousreply 67March 9, 2023 5:42 PM

r62 males tend to age overnight. . . he had a good run as aging prepubescent lad for most of his career.

by Anonymousreply 68March 9, 2023 5:42 PM

It's a SUMMER release.

That's all you need to know to discern what type/level of movie this is.

by Anonymousreply 69March 9, 2023 5:43 PM

r67 if you're interested in selling low level merch, they're you're primary market. . . so, they make up the bulk of immediate purchases and views.

They love that she's doing this after just having a kid and they're obsessed with her tits.

by Anonymousreply 70March 9, 2023 5:46 PM

The title sounds like a movie that Jennifer Aniston would make. She and JLaw are close enough in age….🤭🤭🤭

by Anonymousreply 71March 9, 2023 5:48 PM

r71 She already did "Failure to Launch"

by Anonymousreply 72March 9, 2023 5:50 PM

She sucked off Weinstein's deformed cock and got 5 AA nominations,1 Oscar. She has been running away from the Weintein accusations since the trial. Not much talent either.

She's a Fucking slut!!

by Anonymousreply 73March 9, 2023 5:51 PM

R73 she got 4 Oscar nominations, the one for Joy was undeserved and should have gone to Maggie Smith or Lily Tomlin.

by Anonymousreply 74March 9, 2023 5:55 PM

I wonder if she'll get her tits out in this

by Anonymousreply 75March 9, 2023 5:57 PM

Have to admit I laughed more than I thought I would at the trailer.

I

by Anonymousreply 76March 9, 2023 6:00 PM

Well, I went into the trailer with hate in my heart. But it actually looks pretty funny! I like seeing J-Law's silly side. It's also kind of true. There are so many kids in my community exactly like that kid!

by Anonymousreply 77March 9, 2023 6:09 PM

She slums well, if you ask me.

by Anonymousreply 78March 9, 2023 6:19 PM

seems set for multiple language releases.

(a couple dubs but mostly subs)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79March 9, 2023 6:21 PM

Re: the Title

It makes me think of this classic Amy Schumer sketch in which older actresses mention that once an actress reaches a certain age her movies start getting titles like “Whatever it Takes” or “She Means Well”

Unfortunately looks like 32 is the new 40

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80March 9, 2023 6:22 PM

I didn't even recognize Matthew Broderick at first, I had to go back and rewatch to confirm. Wow--it must be hard being married to SJP, I probably would be a fat mess too.

by Anonymousreply 81March 9, 2023 6:29 PM

r81 I was going to say the same exact thing: had to go back and rewatch to see where Matthew Broderick was in the trailer. WOW.

by Anonymousreply 82March 9, 2023 6:54 PM

All I can figure is she had a stroke that impaired her decision-making ability.

by Anonymousreply 83March 9, 2023 7:06 PM

This movie looks really bad! I’m surprised how awful the trailer was and how amateur and badly made the film looks....

Maybe her main contacts in Hollywood really did dry up after the Harvey thing.

There’s not even a good co-star in there. She has to carry the whole crappy thing herself!

by Anonymousreply 84March 9, 2023 7:09 PM

Just to confirm, is Broderick playing the dad on the sofa?

by Anonymousreply 85March 9, 2023 7:12 PM

One day she will make a big fuss about how her decision to make this movie was a bad one. She will either apologize for being involved or blame someone for “forcing “ her to be involved. This will happen even if the film is a huge hit.

Bet on it.

by Anonymousreply 86March 9, 2023 7:15 PM

Have you all missed some of the shit so called “great actress” Meryl has been in over the past twenty years? Pretty much the only older actresses who aren’t churning out crapola are ones who can speak French so they can work in French Cinema, which does provide somewhat respectable roles for older women. There’s just not many big names in France who want to work so Isabelle Huppert takes about six of those roles a year.

by Anonymousreply 87March 9, 2023 7:19 PM

Cringe Factor 100. But the het boys will probably love it. She's a MILF now.

by Anonymousreply 88March 9, 2023 7:21 PM

I liked her as Joy Behar.

by Anonymousreply 89March 9, 2023 7:23 PM

The boy in the movie is 19 and she is producing this so it's her choice to do it.

by Anonymousreply 90March 9, 2023 7:23 PM

Jennifer Lawrence really spent her early girl selling herself as "the cool girl" type that Gillian Flynn immortalized in Gone Girl:

[quote] Being the Cool Girl means I am a hot, brilliant, funny woman who adores football, poker, dirty jokes, and burping, who plays video games, drinks cheap beer, loves threesomes and anal sex, and jams hot dogs and hamburgers into her mouth like she’s hosting the world’s biggest culinary gang bang while somehow maintaining a size 2, because Cool Girls are above all hot. Hot and understanding. Cool Girls never get angry; they only smile in a chagrined, loving manner and let their men do whatever they want. Go ahead, shit on me, I don’t mind, I’m the Cool Girl.

The trouble is, you can only be a cool girl for so long, and then you become an adult woman and have to remake yourself. that's her current problem. She looks like in this movie she's still trying to sell herself as that type, but she's past her expiration date.

by Anonymousreply 91March 9, 2023 7:24 PM

THIS will be in theatres? People would actually leave the house and pay to see this? Something is wrong with society.

by Anonymousreply 92March 9, 2023 7:25 PM

Blonde hair, decent makeup, and good lighting can do a lot for a performer.

But they can't transform "pleasant/average-looking" to "radiantly beautiful."

Call me old-fashioned. I want to see beautiful people onscreen. At least in lead roles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93March 9, 2023 7:26 PM

Is this the woman who admitted to farting?

by Anonymousreply 94March 9, 2023 7:26 PM

I just see her fucking Chris Pratt and it's a big turn off

by Anonymousreply 95March 9, 2023 7:27 PM

Neck moles! NECK MOLES!!!

by Anonymousreply 96March 9, 2023 7:27 PM

I really think her whole "just one of the guys" meets sexy-girl-next-door persona was WAY overplayed in the media, in addition to the sheer amount of movies she was in for a period of years. Sum total = very overexposed. She did a good thing taking a break and going away for awhile.

But what she's choosing to come back in is a miss. I won't be seeing this as it looks stupid. I never thought she was that great of an actress anyways, so really no desire.

by Anonymousreply 97March 9, 2023 7:32 PM

A far cry from the Hunger Games and Mother, but this movie looks adequately amusing.

by Anonymousreply 98March 9, 2023 7:33 PM

Did Amy Schumer pass on it?

by Anonymousreply 99March 9, 2023 7:33 PM

Yes R85. Opposite his “wife,” an actress young enough to be his own daughter. He looks 70, Laura looks 39-ish

by Anonymousreply 100March 9, 2023 7:36 PM

Call me a tasteless cunt, and I know that you will, but I have been rooting for a return to more stupid Hollywood comedies. It's been nothing but war sagas, comic book blockbusters and the Star Wars franchise for like a decade now. Sometimes I just want to kick back and laugh and be tickled and sedated by some really, really dumb mindless shit.

by Anonymousreply 101March 9, 2023 7:39 PM

JLaw hasn't been in a hit movie since the 2016 X-Men movie. That "Passengers" movie did t turn a profit, mother!, Red Sparrow and her last X-Men movie weren't successful.

Her only hit in the last few years was the Netflix ensemble "Don't Look Up" where she was actually really good.

by Anonymousreply 102March 9, 2023 7:39 PM

Is this straight to streaming?

by Anonymousreply 103March 9, 2023 7:42 PM

Ah yes, forgot "Don't Look Up" and I also agree she was pretty good in that.

by Anonymousreply 104March 9, 2023 7:42 PM

r84 Nah, the harvey thing is low impact... everybody has fucked somebody in someway to get somewhere. And now, it's mostly over. too many people using it as an opportunity to boost their projects. like Paris Hilton pushing it hard too hard for the last few weeks for everything from her memoir to her latest cookware line..

from what I gather, people just find her exhausting. She's a mirror - immature, not too self aware, a co-dependent personality that mirrors the perceived authority in the room, so she becomes too high maintenance on bigger productions when surrounded by other pricks and cunts but generally has a better reputation with smaller productions. It's hardly surprising she's most often viewed as a younger Jennifer Aniston.. because there are a lot of similarities. She's well liked in small doses but treats the biz like summer camp yet has had many "lucky" opportunities. People would like to see J-Law in more challenging roles but her range is limited, she basic basically needs a good victim turned revenge role or suburban frau turned chopper chick drug mule. But like many other actors/actresses, she could do more low risk films like this one and earn more in the long-run.

by Anonymousreply 105March 9, 2023 7:46 PM

R105 sounds like he knows what he's talking about. Give us more dirt, please.

by Anonymousreply 106March 9, 2023 7:48 PM

Harvey bragged about fucking her for roles, yuck

by Anonymousreply 107March 9, 2023 7:59 PM

"Mind if I touch your wiener. Dog?"

Rubbish.

This girl has two Oscars and franchise money from the Hunger Games, it is ok to retire.

by Anonymousreply 108March 9, 2023 8:00 PM

R2 is correct. that is all that matters.

by Anonymousreply 109March 9, 2023 8:01 PM

I always wondered how Jennifer Lawrence came out of nowhere to win Oscars and rcv noms. It was the Harvey connection all along. Mind blown

by Anonymousreply 110March 9, 2023 8:03 PM

Were it not for Jennifer fucking Harvey, Jessica Chastain would hace won the best actress Oscar for Zero Dark Thirty

by Anonymousreply 111March 9, 2023 8:04 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 112March 9, 2023 8:06 PM

[quote]I really think her whole...

Which reminds me, didn't we all get to see her butthole during that "Fappening" incident?

by Anonymousreply 113March 9, 2023 8:06 PM

If you have to prostitute yourself, get something worthwhile out of it.

by Anonymousreply 114March 9, 2023 8:06 PM

R108 she has one Oscar, which she stole from me!

by Anonymousreply 115March 9, 2023 8:07 PM

r106 There isn't much more to it.

other than, I suppose, she should avoid future roles that require changing her appearance too much or sitting still.

by Anonymousreply 116March 9, 2023 8:18 PM

R111 A shitty actress in a terrible movie? Please.

by Anonymousreply 117March 9, 2023 8:22 PM

Op? I could not bear to watch the entire trailer. Embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 118March 9, 2023 8:24 PM

They should’ve called this dreck “My career: straight down the shitter!”

by Anonymousreply 119March 9, 2023 8:26 PM

I went onto Twitter, Nd fans were tweeting how amazing the film looked.

Have to assume they are paying people to post or using bots, because it was way too high a percentage loving it.

by Anonymousreply 120March 9, 2023 8:40 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 121March 9, 2023 8:46 PM

Will there be a backlash that the parents aren't respecting the kid's boundaries? He might be gay or asexual!

by Anonymousreply 122March 9, 2023 8:52 PM

A non PC comedy is exactly the right move. Everyone is sick of safe humor. Give us raunch dammit! Give us an inappropriate premise! A 30 something woman trying to fuck a 19 year old incel? Honestly, I love that as a concept.

It also seems like she's made herself the butt of the jokes. Another smart move. Who doesn't enjoy seeing JLaw squirm?

No idea if the script is any good, but I like the intention.

by Anonymousreply 123March 9, 2023 8:59 PM

Cue the articles after the movie release of how this is borderline inappropriate sexual harassment on J's character's part and shouldn't she know better? As a poster upthread said, maybe he's asexual or homosexual and constantly needling him for sex is harassment.

Mark my words.

by Anonymousreply 124March 9, 2023 9:04 PM

It's a weird choice if she was just out for the money. I suppose if she needed it quickly, she might do this, but she's in many high profile franchises that would likely pay her money for something.

All I can imagine is that her years as Weinstein's chew toy, plus that winning personality under the "America's sweetheart" PR image, has left her HATED in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 125March 9, 2023 9:07 PM

For those complaining about the age of the mother

I thought it was pretty obvious she was a “second wife”

by Anonymousreply 126March 9, 2023 9:20 PM

[quote]It also seems like she's made herself the butt of the jokes.

Which reminds me, didn't we all get to see her butthole during that "Fappening" incident?

by Anonymousreply 127March 9, 2023 9:31 PM

Anyone else notice her voice is starting to sound like Goldie Shawn’s?

by Anonymousreply 128March 9, 2023 9:36 PM

Shit. That should have been Goldie Hawn. Goddamn autocorrect.

by Anonymousreply 129March 9, 2023 9:37 PM

That is so bad it could have come from the Pitch a Jennifer Aniston movie thread.

by Anonymousreply 130March 9, 2023 9:41 PM

I was offered the role, but turned it down because I'm far too young for the part.

by Anonymousreply 131March 9, 2023 10:16 PM

A beauty like CZJ would need more than an old car for her bedroom services.

by Anonymousreply 132March 9, 2023 10:19 PM

I always go and see Gene Stupnitsky movies.

by Anonymousreply 133March 9, 2023 10:24 PM

This looks hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 134March 9, 2023 10:31 PM

This looks smutty and puerile.

The erotic scene lasts 2 seconds.

by Anonymousreply 135March 9, 2023 10:34 PM

I laughed several times during the trailer. I’m not terribly high-brow when it comes to humor. Of course, now I don’t need to see the movie since the trailer pretty much showed the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 136March 9, 2023 10:36 PM

R135 There was an erotic scene?

by Anonymousreply 137March 9, 2023 10:36 PM

Looks hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 138March 9, 2023 10:39 PM

who knew how much munching weinstein's wang for good scripts was going to be missed!

by Anonymousreply 139March 9, 2023 10:41 PM

Sad to say I think it looks funny too. I like low brow humor as long as it doesn't hold back.

Wanderlust and Bad Teacher are my two fave comedies made in the last 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 140March 9, 2023 10:41 PM

[quote] who knew how much munching weinstein's wang for good scripts was going to be missed!

...um...

by Anonymousreply 141March 9, 2023 10:43 PM

She doesn't really seem funny to me. I did chuckle at the trailer. Very 2000s raunch comedy and definitely a type of fare that Jennifer Aniston and Cameron Diaz would do. But I think they'd be much funnier in this. The plot is rife with double standards though. Try reversing the genders and see how that play out. The incels on Twitter will destroy this film.

by Anonymousreply 142March 9, 2023 10:49 PM

Oh my. Someone has entered the “She Devil” phase of her career rather young.

by Anonymousreply 143March 9, 2023 10:56 PM

Her career was over the moment Harvey was arrested. He was the one getting her roles and pushing her career.

by Anonymousreply 144March 9, 2023 10:58 PM

Matthew Broderick looks like The Thing ate Spalding Gray.

by Anonymousreply 145March 9, 2023 10:59 PM

The plot to this reminds me of those shitty straight Brazzers meme porn with an underage-looking homely twink paired with a MILF.

by Anonymousreply 146March 9, 2023 11:07 PM

That Italian guy in the trailer is so hot. No one has found out yet who he is?

by Anonymousreply 147March 9, 2023 11:10 PM

I just can't get over the fact that she sucked Weinstein's deformed cock and swallowed his load.

Just disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 148March 9, 2023 11:24 PM

I am disgusted.

by Anonymousreply 149March 9, 2023 11:26 PM

I never thought she was likable or charismatic. She seems dimwitted, arrogant and quite ignorant. Normal for a middle school dropout who got lucky and mega famous almost overnight. She was absolutely forced into us and even without the Harvey scandal. I think the public would have still got sick of her overexposure.

She is talented and pretty though. I really thought she'd be a serious character actress doing acclaimed director-driven or indie work or maybe even world cinema if she was up to learning a different language. Not a cheesy 2000s-style sex comedy.

by Anonymousreply 150March 9, 2023 11:29 PM

[quote] I just can't get over the fact that she sucked Weinstein's deformed cock and swallowed his load.

I let Ted Cruz nut inside of me. She's an amateur.

by Anonymousreply 151March 9, 2023 11:30 PM

It's bizarre to me that usually promiscuous gay men still condemn women for having sex. It's really time to get over that.

If she did have sex with Weinstein, that's definitely gross imagery. But hey, she's relatively young and grew up with 500 reality TV shows full of contestants who say, "But I WANT this! I want this more than anyone else! Imll do anything!!!" On Survivor and Fear Factor, people were celebrated for eating all sorts of disgusting horrors. If Lawrence realized that was her way to get ahead, and she was young, naïve, daring and aspired to bigtime stardom, then she's not the first or even the 5,000th actor to fuck ugly old men in Hollywood to get ahead.

I'm not 'defending' her but I am saying that the hypocrisy of targeting this young woman alone, or along with a few other women (it's never held against male actors), is striking. Especially on a gay website with endless discussions dedicated to sharing slutty sex adventures, to porn stars, to hookers. Cmon. Why is this one girl treated like the Antichrist when we all know that 1) everyone has sex; 2) many are promiscuous; 3) many historically have traded sex services for career advantages; and 4) people's minds get fucked up after they do this kind of thing. Why pile on and diminish this one person for doing what we know is common practice.

Someone I used to know worked at Atlantic/Power Station records in the 80s and said that he personally witnessed Madonna sucking off her producers in the recording booth.

Are we really going to pretend that this has not been common practice for a century, and pretend Jennifer Lawrence—who I think was a teenager when she began acting—is exceptionally disgusting and a poor role model? Cmon.

by Anonymousreply 152March 9, 2023 11:38 PM

How did this ever get green lighted in today’s climate of predatory female teachers hitting on much younger males?

by Anonymousreply 153March 9, 2023 11:43 PM

[quote] Are we really going to pretend that this has not been common practice for a century, and pretend Jennifer Lawrence is exceptionally disgusting and a poor role model?

Oh, R152, your last sentence is too complex for the average Datalounger.

There's two questions in one sentence and perhaps some irony as well.

by Anonymousreply 154March 9, 2023 11:45 PM

We need more movies showcasing the love between a mature woman and young boys! Go JLaw!

by Anonymousreply 155March 9, 2023 11:46 PM

I don't think it was gay men condemning J-Law. It's mainly straight men who hated on her and slut shamed her. And many gay men aren't promiscuous or that hypersexual like the stereotype portrays us.

by Anonymousreply 156March 9, 2023 11:49 PM

Oh dear, oh dear.

If she’s willing to fuck the unfuckable, why is she settling for a car that she needs to be an Iber driver? She could fuck for cash and skip all the middle stuff.

by Anonymousreply 157March 10, 2023 12:02 AM

Of course the JLaw character is going to use the fuck money to “save the house.” Because in America in 2023, women aren’t allowed to enjoy sex, they have to do it for noble purposes only.

There is still so, so much to loathe about our culture.

by Anonymousreply 158March 10, 2023 12:10 AM

I want to watch a movie where the broke young man is hired by Ferris Beuller to fuck his autistic daughter. “Really rail her!” Ha ha ha!

Oh, it isn’t funny when the gender roles are reversed??????

by Anonymousreply 159March 10, 2023 12:11 AM

R156 where the fuck are you posting this BS?? The sluttiness of gay men is all over this site and the condemnation of JLaw is too.

Gays slut shame women because they want the sexual attention from men that women get, and they're jealous that sucking dick won't get them A list super stardom. Lots of gay men are failed actors, JLaw reminds them of their faded dreams of glory.

by Anonymousreply 160March 10, 2023 12:12 AM

R160 Wow! You homophobe! All those generalizations? You are disgusting. Why are you on this site when you clearly hate gay men and are slandering us? You think some cranky DLers represent the millions of gay men around the world. You think every gay men is a failed actor and jealous of women? You have to be a troll. I'm not jealous of menstruating and cramps, going though 9 months of pregnancy and painful labor, having to worry about makeup, shaving my body and looking perfect when I leave home and being at risk for abuse and rape? I love being a man and privileges that it entails. And getting sex from gay guys isn't a problem for me. I don't lust for straight men. Sorry.

But seriously get help. You sound crazy

by Anonymousreply 161March 10, 2023 12:20 AM

She did a great job in Red Sparrow.

by Anonymousreply 162March 10, 2023 12:26 AM

R161 yeah the truth is "homophobic". Again, if you don't like stereotypes then get off DL. This thread is full of gays calling JLaw a whore.

by Anonymousreply 163March 10, 2023 12:37 AM

JLaw is a whore darling.

by Anonymousreply 164March 10, 2023 12:40 AM

It's a summer popcorn movie. Might be a good counter-programming against the usual summer blockbusters. While the teen boy actor lacks any star appeal, maybe intentional casting to not overshadow JLaw, I think the movie will over-perform at the BO.

by Anonymousreply 165March 10, 2023 12:40 AM

R163 No thank you. I'll stay. But you're a just moron trying to be edgy. What "truth" is derived from an online forum for gossip? Of course people who post on here say nasty things because it's anonymous. People of all stripes are judgmental online. But to make the claim about every gay man is "this or that" in the world based on some online threads about your beloved J-Law is ridiculous. You have anger issues and homophobia you need to address, dude.

by Anonymousreply 166March 10, 2023 12:42 AM

She never sucked Weinstein's cock. She was beloved for her wonderful talent.

by Anonymousreply 167March 10, 2023 12:45 AM

She’s a relic of the 2010s

by Anonymousreply 168March 10, 2023 12:48 AM

R166 right because the DLers who take every opportunity to trash women for anything sex related aren't angry and are without issues. Fuck off with your disingenuous denial.

by Anonymousreply 169March 10, 2023 12:50 AM

Her annoying “oops I’m just the cool regular fun chick” Schtick is so over. Especially since she’s married to some Uber-rich art dealer guy. And she has a gross neck mole and is friends with fat fugly joke stealer Amy Shumer. Hate this cunt.

by Anonymousreply 170March 10, 2023 1:36 AM

R163 The irony. You must be a woman. Being a hypocrite as usual.

by Anonymousreply 171March 10, 2023 1:52 AM

I don't mind Jennifer Lawrence. She's a very solid, consistent actress and if she had a suck a little dick in silent dignity for an Oscar, what's the problem? She is in dire need of a smash hit or a vehicle for a great dramatic performance. She is great dramatic actor in that Ozarks meth film and was nominated for an Oscar. This shlock is Shumer level comedy and it's beneath her. She is rom-com age.

by Anonymousreply 172March 10, 2023 3:10 AM

Where have the STARS gone?

by Anonymousreply 173March 10, 2023 3:39 AM

I'm surprised JLaw joking about the Harvey rumour didn't blow up more.

by Anonymousreply 174March 10, 2023 4:36 AM

All this pearl clutching. I think her new movie looks funny. A good, silly comedy.

by Anonymousreply 175March 10, 2023 4:42 AM

[quote]This looks smutty and puerile.

I agree and this is exactly why I want to see it. Looks like weightless, fun entertainment and I actually like JLaw's screen presence/find her watchable.

by Anonymousreply 176March 10, 2023 5:31 AM

This does suggest paycheck movie. Lots of times when offers dry up, agencies know they're going to get booted. So they push the actor into doing a paycheck movie to pump them for one more commission check.

I'm sure the script was funny though. And if she laughed a lot reading it, liked the character, and wanted the $20 million, ya go for it and then sometimes, you end up with a hit or buy time for another big offer to come in

by Anonymousreply 177March 10, 2023 5:42 AM

r166 I dunno, might not be a troll. There's a lot of fraus that stumble upon here for the gossip but stay because "my gays" but most of them have a stan-rage trigger once one of their favs is targeted and the homophobia gets unleashed. It's the predominate criticisms of this place on social media. Even though, the DL probably has more fraus than any other demographic but they can't believe a woman would disagree with them either... so, they assume whatever they deem as sexist to have come from a man (they don't believe real str8 men would be here either), so they rationalize all the 'sexism' must come from women hating men. . . which is akin to neckbeards that assume every woman that dislikes the things they like must be a bulldyke. However, legbeards never incapable of recognizing their reflection.,

Personally, I'm inclined to think some people are overprotective of her because like the industry whispers, they view her as juvenile and childlike, and in need of protection... a perpetual teenager despite being 32 years old.

by Anonymousreply 178March 10, 2023 5:51 AM

^ legbeards are never capable of recognizing their reflections. . . it's the entitlement, the oppression hierarchy (the progressive stack) which makes them feel that homophobia is acceptable when they feel sexism is present. (If we want to dig into it.. that crosses over into what split feminism into different grievance groups, too, especially on the racial lines where people then felt 'white' feminist uses sexism as the shield for being racial/ethnic bigots.)

by Anonymousreply 179March 10, 2023 5:56 AM

[Quote] they view her as juvenile and childlike, and in need of protection... a perpetual teenager despite being 32 years old.

That sounds more like Taylor Swift than JLaw.

by Anonymousreply 180March 10, 2023 6:11 AM

Again, Harvey bragged about fucking her to get into another hopeful’s pants.

by Anonymousreply 181March 10, 2023 6:25 AM

I don’t understand how this plot is even possible. No parent in their right mind would hire someone to fuck their child. That’s prostatetution. How would the conversation even go between the parents? “You know, honey, I’ve been thinking… we need to get our son laid! Help him lose his virginity!” These parents would be arrested and on the news in real life.

by Anonymousreply 182March 10, 2023 6:40 AM

The boy is 19 in the trailer. The parents probably want him out of the house.

by Anonymousreply 183March 10, 2023 7:24 AM

The HBO in the 80's thread going on here, this movie reminds me of something I would have watched on HBO after my parents went to bed.

by Anonymousreply 184March 10, 2023 7:27 AM

R182 parents, older brothers, uncles etc. have been seeing to it that their young male relatives lose their virginity before it becomes socially unacceptable since time immemorial. i don't mean by fucking them themselves but by getting in some hired help iykwim

by Anonymousreply 185March 10, 2023 7:58 AM

Are you morally opposed to "prostatetution"?

by Anonymousreply 186March 10, 2023 8:22 AM

I think the difference in your story, R152, is that all of Madonna’s producers were actually gay, they just couldn’t stop Madonna from proving she could suck them off. She made them do it.

by Anonymousreply 187March 10, 2023 8:45 AM

I don’t believe Lawrence actually had sex with Harvey Weinstein. She had her own success with Winter’s Bone, she didn’t need his. She booked The Hunger Games off of that. The Miramax films were contracts Weinstein had with David O’Russell, not Jennifer Lawrence.

It doesn’t mean she’s not a dirty little slut but I don’t believe she submitted to Weinstein. She didn’t have to.

by Anonymousreply 188March 10, 2023 8:48 AM

They were going to cast a man in the role at first, but I turned it down cuz I'm not a prostatute!

by Anonymousreply 189March 10, 2023 10:34 AM

weinstein bragged all over town how he fucked the shit out of her.

by Anonymousreply 190March 10, 2023 1:01 PM

Surely, a gentleman of Weinstein's character would never lie to anyone.

by Anonymousreply 191March 10, 2023 1:06 PM

"No, there is no credible evidence to suggest that Jennifer Lawrence had sex with Harvey Weinstein in order to become successful in Hollywood. In fact, Jennifer Lawrence was one of the many actresses who spoke out against Harvey Weinstein when allegations of sexual misconduct and assault against him came to light in 2017. She has been vocal about the need for Hollywood to address issues of harassment and abuse in the industry. It is important to avoid spreading unfounded rumors or making baseless accusations about individuals without evidence."

by Anonymousreply 192March 10, 2023 1:11 PM

I like J Law as an actress. I have no opinion about her regarding Harvey W. because I don't care and that is her business. I will definitely not be seeing this movie because it looks like anachronistic, moronic crap. Also I don't enjoy seeing the lead character getting repeatedly injured (maced, punched in the face, etc). That's not humorous to me. It seems like the running joke is humiliation of a once very successful actress. It comes off as women-hating. It just might a hit for the incels, who love that sort of thing.

by Anonymousreply 193March 10, 2023 2:44 PM

Who is the speedo guy??

by Anonymousreply 194March 10, 2023 2:48 PM

I AM NOT A PROSTATETUTE!

by Anonymousreply 195March 10, 2023 2:48 PM

There's a difference between sucking off some regular looking guy with a decent peen and sucking off Weinstein's inverted penis that looked like a vagina (real description from someone who saw it), with his bacne and that fact that he smelled bad.

Ewwwwwwwwww....you couldn't pay me enough to do that.

by Anonymousreply 196March 10, 2023 3:10 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197March 10, 2023 3:10 PM

R196 = Auntie Semite

by Anonymousreply 198March 10, 2023 4:35 PM

So why do we hate J-Law?

by Anonymousreply 199March 10, 2023 5:10 PM

I guess her "relationship" with Weinstein left a lot of other talented actresses without opportunities because they wouldn't have a "relationship" with him.

by Anonymousreply 200March 10, 2023 6:03 PM

R198 Nothing about the comment from R196 was anti-semitic. It was about an individual, not an individual as representative of a group. If you are implying that repulsive Weinstein represents all Jewish people, that is anti-semitic. He no more represents all Jews than Trump represents all Christians. They are both independently gross individuals.

by Anonymousreply 201March 10, 2023 6:36 PM

I wonder if she was romantic with him...

by Anonymousreply 202March 10, 2023 7:48 PM

Jennifer Lawrence fucks for roles. I told you gays a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 203March 10, 2023 8:45 PM

One of the Vance Refrigeration delivery guys wrote and directed this one.

by Anonymousreply 204March 10, 2023 8:45 PM

[Quote] It doesn’t mean she’s not a dirty little slut

Oh the horror! You just described half of Hollywood.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205March 11, 2023 2:13 AM

Most of you whores have done a lot more for a lot less. IF JLaw fucked her way to the top, it worked. She never has to work again and she has an Oscar. Please tell me who I need to blow and I will be down on my knees.

by Anonymousreply 206March 11, 2023 7:48 AM

R206 oh the casting couch is a thing of the past now that Harvey's behind bars.

by Anonymousreply 207March 11, 2023 8:41 AM

Most of that script was verbatim from shit she said to Harvey.

by Anonymousreply 208March 11, 2023 8:42 AM

"She never has to work again and she has an Oscar. "

Well evidently, she is WORKING again- on shit like this. And has an Oscar? So fucking what.

by Anonymousreply 209March 11, 2023 8:42 AM

Comedy is not her friend.

Nor are carbs, studio lighting or that sun dried frazzled look her hair has taken on.

by Anonymousreply 210March 11, 2023 8:47 AM

R210 hi Goop 👋

by Anonymousreply 211March 11, 2023 8:48 AM

It's funny that so many DLers think the casting couch happens all the time these days like it's the 1930s or something.

But, I guess if you're born in the 1930s, it makes sense?

by Anonymousreply 212March 11, 2023 8:50 AM

Katniss Hasbeen.

by Anonymousreply 213March 11, 2023 8:53 AM

This is the kind of movie Cameron Diaz could pull off, because she had a goofy sense of humor. JL doesn't have that. She's not humorless but she doesn't have great comic timing.

by Anonymousreply 214March 11, 2023 9:58 AM

I wish the casting couch would still exist because there is no other way for me to become famous.

by Anonymousreply 215March 11, 2023 1:11 PM

R215: Are you ugly and overweight?

by Anonymousreply 216March 11, 2023 1:37 PM

Believe me the casting couch is still around. How do you think Ana de Armas got her Oscar nomination?

by Anonymousreply 217March 11, 2023 1:40 PM

JLaw could probably do dry or sarcastic humor, agree this seems like a recycled Cameron Diaz script with how obvious and raunchy the humor is.

by Anonymousreply 218March 11, 2023 2:11 PM

I saw the first minute of this trailer and thought Melissa Leo had a bangin’ body.

Then I realised it is Jennifer Lawrence. She really does read as much older, late 30s.

by Anonymousreply 219March 15, 2023 7:17 AM

It’ll be a hit. People love raunchy funny sex comedies

by Anonymousreply 220March 15, 2023 7:32 AM

WHO 'S THE DISH IN THE SPEEDO ???????????? good god! why do we need to ask thrice ????

by Anonymousreply 221March 15, 2023 7:49 AM

She doesn’t have Cameron Diaz’s timing, nor the sweetness she possessed in her prime.

Jennifer Lawrence is good-humoured and game, but she doesn’t have perfect timing and can’t read the room.

Like that story on Graham Norton about rubbing her ass on what she knew to be a sacred rock, which then rolled off the cliff and startled people below. Even dumbass Chris Pratt was looking at her like she was insane, because he lived in Hawaii for years, and knew it wasn’t coming off as relatable hijinks but the actions of a Hollywood idiot who knows she’s cute and thinks she’s hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 222March 18, 2023 4:58 PM

The trailer actually looks funny to me in a very lowbrow way.

She doesn't seem like the best possible casting, but it's an interesting choice to put her in the role. It certainly raises the profile of what would be an under-the-radar movie with a lower-caliber actress.

The choice of making the subtitles so bold in the trailer is...a choice. The choice certainly doesn't make me think "big-budget movie." More like "TikTok movie experiment."

by Anonymousreply 223March 18, 2023 5:07 PM

R218 yeah, I got a vibe from it that's just like 'The Sweetest Thing'. Same tone and pace and brow level.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224March 18, 2023 5:28 PM

I haven't been able to find that guy's name online anywhere. What I want to know is, if JLaw is playing Sue Mengers in an upcoming movie, who will play Faye Dunaway?!?!

by Anonymousreply 225March 18, 2023 8:04 PM

R225, Jennifer Coolidge would make a better Sue Mengers.

by Anonymousreply 226March 18, 2023 10:28 PM

Miss me yet bitch?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227March 18, 2023 10:35 PM

After all that discussion about how her career is in the toilet-- The trailer is a massive hit. Something like 50 million views in the first week alone.

That doesn't guarantee a box office smash. But it provides the studio with the confidence to get generous with paid media and promotional stuff. It will likely be a very big hit and if it is, she will easily earn $20-50 million off it. Her deal was probably initially structured to give her $15-20 million if it was a minor hit.

by Anonymousreply 228March 20, 2023 4:42 AM

The picture is a hit!

by Anonymousreply 229March 20, 2023 7:44 AM

This movie looks like a blast actually.

by Anonymousreply 230March 20, 2023 7:58 AM

I provided 1 million of those 50 million views as YouTube keeps forcing me to view it

by Anonymousreply 231March 20, 2023 8:23 AM

R229 Shhh!

by Anonymousreply 232March 20, 2023 11:11 AM

[QUOTE] The incels on Twitter will destroy this film.

Yes, but guess what? They are all aging rapidly and they do destroy everything- however what Hollywood now realizes is what they don't do is spend money buying tickets. If they did, 1776 and every other minority show would still be running.

Personally I am offended by the way too free usage of tge F word. However the film looks like a blast, EXACTLY what we need.

Matthew Broderick is obviously channeling Graydon Carter's look, no one else realized it? Also Laura Benanti looks 55 and dried up. Now there is someone who got the face she deserves.

by Anonymousreply 233March 20, 2023 11:45 AM

This has to be better than the comedy she was supposed to do with Amy Schumer.

by Anonymousreply 234March 20, 2023 12:50 PM

90 percent of the public have low brow taste, including the high brows who love to slum and enjoy low brow comedies.

This movie will mint money.

by Anonymousreply 235March 20, 2023 6:22 PM

Couldn’t they have at least made the kid attractive?

by Anonymousreply 236March 20, 2023 7:50 PM

R236 I'd be surprised if she actually sleeps with him, that might be a step too far. Plus they had to give her an important reason for prostituting herself, saving her mom's house. It could just be that she's bad with money. I suppose it's more inventive that needing the money to pay for her sick sister's medical bills.

The only movie I saw her in was Don't Look Up and she was actually great in that, I was surprised given that I felt she was overrated.

by Anonymousreply 237March 20, 2023 8:31 PM

I'm not a fan and she is a bitch but I don't get why people make a big deal of the fact that she fucked for roles. Nearly 50% of actors and 70% of actresses use the casting couch.

by Anonymousreply 238March 22, 2023 1:10 PM

[QUOTE]J-Lo has a new album coming out soon.

Will it be available on audio cassette?

by Anonymousreply 239March 22, 2023 1:13 PM

R238 make it 100% and 100%

by Anonymousreply 240March 22, 2023 1:23 PM

R240 just actresses?

by Anonymousreply 241March 22, 2023 3:40 PM

I guess I just don't like her. I don't know how to put it but there is something kind of gross about her. Not just the Weinstein thing just the stories I hear about her she seems entitled, rude and stupid but she think she's cool. I don't like ScarJo either but she doesn't gross me out. I can't explain it. just bleh!

by Anonymousreply 242March 23, 2023 2:32 PM

[Quote] Not just the Weinstein thing just the stories I hear about her she seems entitled, rude and stupid but she think she's cool.

You just described half of Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 243March 23, 2023 2:39 PM

r242 She's Molly Ringwald and you're Ally Sheedy.

by Anonymousreply 244March 23, 2023 4:54 PM

I'm not really a fan of her either, but I like that she used her star power to (successfully) campaign for an oscar for her Causeway co-star; not to say that his performance didn't merit it, but her influence probably didn't hurt either.

by Anonymousreply 245March 23, 2023 7:23 PM

In this "woke" day and age, is the movie really about her trying to seduce a teen boy? What if it was an older guy trying to seduce a teen girl? Weird the stuff that does or doesn't cause outrage.

by Anonymousreply 246March 23, 2023 7:27 PM

R245: Honey she only cares about one thing: her career and she will always put her career first before anyone else's. I won't deny she campaigned her ass for a nomination (Variety Actor on Actor, Hollywood Reporter roundttable). However, she is her own worst enemy with statements like I was the first female action hero. As always, her ego got in the way and it backfired on her. She's gotta realize Weinstein ain't ever coming back and she has little to no influence left in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 247March 23, 2023 8:54 PM

She said that her former agency CAA basically screwed her over by not letting her know that filmmakers wanted to cast her in small indie films because they only wanted her to do big-budget films. That may be true as Michelle Williams started getting better projects when she left CAA for instance, she used to share the same agent with Kate Winslet, Cate Blanchett, Marion Cotillard and Jessica Chastain, and it's pretty clear who's getting the better projects there. However, Jennifer has an awful personality and comes across as incredibly rude, tacky and self-absorbed in interviews, which makes it harder for the audience to like her. The whole Weinstein girl thing doesn't help her either now that he's in jail. She's never been that great of an actress either. She was just very overrated when she was the shiny new thing over 10 years ago, now she's been replaced by Margot Robbie, Florence Pugh and Anya Taylor-Joy, so she might never recover the career and prestige she once had.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248March 30, 2023 4:18 AM

You know she’s desperate when there’s been a pap walk nearly everyday this week. Sugar daddy Weinstein is locked up in jail forever, all her future projects listed on IMDB are either dead or nowhere close to being made, the No Hard Feelings trailer’s reception wasn’t so great, and her so called “husband” has been out of a job for months.

by Anonymousreply 249March 30, 2023 10:15 AM

Using her own kid as PR fodder.

by Anonymousreply 250March 30, 2023 10:20 AM

I think she'll probably find her way back in to Oscar contention. She might not ever be a big bankable star though anymore. I think people have moved on from that.

by Anonymousreply 251March 30, 2023 10:39 AM

What happened to her? Why did everyone turn on her so quick?

Was it simple overexposure? She was in almost every blockbuster for a while there.

by Anonymousreply 252March 30, 2023 10:41 AM

Partly I'd say R252 plus the press build you up then tear you down. She made some snotty comments which cracked her nice-girl image such as being a bitch to the foreign reporter after winning a Golden Globe, and telling a story of how she sends fans who approach her away.

by Anonymousreply 253March 30, 2023 10:59 AM

- She's mean to her fans!

- She does pap walks!

- The casting couch!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254March 30, 2023 11:44 AM

Matthew Broderick looks like shit in that hair.

And this is NOT J-Law’s movie. She doesn’t have the moxie like, say, Cameron Diaz in Bad Teacher. J-Law can’t pull it off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255March 30, 2023 12:18 PM

R233 Er, incels aren’t earnest wile minotifies.

by Anonymousreply 256March 30, 2023 12:24 PM

Still drunk r256? Or is English not your first language?

by Anonymousreply 257March 30, 2023 1:09 PM

She’s passing the buck for her movie failures.

Julianne Moore insists on reading every script she is sent. She does the work.

by Anonymousreply 258March 30, 2023 2:46 PM

R248: It was recently announced that gay power agent Brian Swardstrom is retiring in June from UTA. He was their star agent so now every UTA client is now going to flock to CAA or WME. The rumors are that nearly every CAA client is unhappy. Too much attention paid to too few.

by Anonymousreply 259March 30, 2023 4:14 PM

The top female agent at CAA is Hylda Queally. She represents all the A list actresses particularly the foreign A list actresses - Blanchett, Winslet, Cotillard, Cruz, etc. She’s gone to nearly every single award show with Blanchett so yeah basically her job is to make sure Cate the Great gets first dibs on the prime roles for women of a certain age.

by Anonymousreply 260March 30, 2023 4:18 PM

You can see that Kate Winslet gets Cate Blanchett’s scraps.

by Anonymousreply 261March 31, 2023 3:47 AM

So her agents only wanted her in blockbusters but somehow she ended up making artsy mother! and cheap spy thriller Red Sparrow? Something ain't adding up

by Anonymousreply 262March 31, 2023 7:58 AM

Her statement about not getting scripts seems dishonest: she had her moment and while she did, she took the big budget/high profile gigs, because she (probably correctly) assumed that as the Hot Young Thing, she'd be replaced quickly, so may as well make hay while the sun shines! So now her moment is over & if she takes scripts in smaller movies, it looks like she's reduced, looking for change in the sofa cushions, etc. so she makes up some story about how she "never got the scripts", throwing her management under the bus. When she was a hot commodity, they probably would've wiped her ass if she asked them too, so it's hard to believe they weren't funneling the best material they could find to her.

Whatever the case, none of this does her any favors because it cements in people's minds that she's the bitchy mean girl, who was the tide has turned on her, claims she was never responsible for the stuff she did.

by Anonymousreply 263March 31, 2023 8:59 AM

I'm sorry to say, but to me she just looks like some tarted up juke gal. Well, she is a bumpkin from Kentucky after all.

by Anonymousreply 264March 31, 2023 9:10 AM

[quote] Wow--it must be hard being married to SJP, I probably would be a fat mess too.

Yeah, blame her for him being a fat pig. Typical.

by Anonymousreply 265March 31, 2023 9:23 AM

R263 I agree, I'd respect her if she freely admitted taking the most of the big offers as she wants financial security. She could even spin it like "I did this big movie so I could fund this special little one".

Did she really think the only offers she was getting was for the likes of that Russian Spy movie where she got her boobs out? Or the Rosemary's baby knock off?

by Anonymousreply 266March 31, 2023 9:32 AM

I’m not easily offended… but parents hiring a woman to seduce their son is…offensive. Hard to believe this got a green light post #metoo.

by Anonymousreply 267March 31, 2023 10:31 AM

R260, thanks for that info about Hylda Queally.

If I were any of the other ladies she represents I'd be insanely angry and very pissed. CAA representation does not come cheap. If I were any of those actresses I would leave CAA - or threaten to leave now. Older actresses ARE finding better parts these days, so they should take advantage ASAP.

by Anonymousreply 268March 31, 2023 11:19 AM

r268 That's not how it works. CAA gets 10% of the booking fee, unless its Tom Cruise, who was able to negotiate a lower percentage 15 years (or more) ago.

At that level, there's no fighting over projects. Queally's agenting Winslet and Blanchett at the same time proves that. An agent at that level doesn't fight to get roles for anyone. They cover the industry. If it is a big role with a great filmmaker, all she can do is set a meeting and hopes it goes well, then negotiate a contract. Which is largely left to legal. If its a studio gig, the studio knows if it wants Winslet or Blanchett more and makes an offer. The only fight an agent can put up is getting their client a meeting with the director.

Ultimately, its up to the financier and director to decide who they want to go to first. And there's no shame in going to Winslet after Blanchett turned a role down, or vice versa. At that level, it's all about if they want to do it, if the meeting with the director goes well, if they have notes on the script and how well those are received, and what the financier is willing to pay.

by Anonymousreply 269April 4, 2023 4:30 AM

Thanks r269 I imagined it as something completely different.

by Anonymousreply 270April 5, 2023 4:49 AM

J-Law needs to find another franchise like Hunger Games.

by Anonymousreply 271April 18, 2023 12:59 PM

I hate when YouTube videos and trailers show a preview image that isn't actually in the video. Anyone know who the actor is in the briefs? Woof!

by Anonymousreply 272April 18, 2023 1:09 PM

She just popped up on my TV in a lingerie commercial. She looks great but does she need money and attention that badly?

by Anonymousreply 273April 18, 2023 1:28 PM

Years ago, she bitched about her fans, who approached her. She glared at them, so they wouldn't attempt to go near her.

by Anonymousreply 274April 18, 2023 1:32 PM

[quote]She just popped up on my TV in a lingerie commercial. She looks great but does she need money and attention that badly?

Was it for Frederick's of Hollywood?

by Anonymousreply 275June 19, 2023 1:46 PM

pathetic she won oscar, really bad.

by Anonymousreply 276June 19, 2023 1:58 PM

Sadly, proves they can be bought.

by Anonymousreply 277June 19, 2023 1:58 PM

Have we solved the mystery of who the guy in the thumbnail image with her is by now, or not?

by Anonymousreply 278June 19, 2023 3:01 PM

Wasn't she the one who complained about Leonardo DiCaprio being better paid than her?

😂, I was like: Bitch, seriously?

by Anonymousreply 279June 19, 2023 6:02 PM

Thanks for asking, r278!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280June 19, 2023 7:04 PM

Sad last days R280 —he’s trying waay too haard

by Anonymousreply 281June 19, 2023 7:25 PM

please dear god, will someone pay me $20 million for 7 weeks of work? and then give me a sizable cut of the first dollar gross? with a director who's last movie was hilarious?

Then call it "sad last days"

by Anonymousreply 282June 19, 2023 7:34 PM

R280 looks like he had his breasts enlarged.

by Anonymousreply 283June 20, 2023 2:06 AM

Looks like this movie is headed towards a $12-15 mil opening weekend. Very, very weak. Not great for Jlaw--the entire point of a movie like this is that it's an audience friendly easy hit, she makes a ton of money, maybe expands into great paying comedies....nope. Might have made just as much without her.

by Anonymousreply 284June 22, 2023 3:12 AM

None of the reviewers hated it. The question is who is this aimed at. It's not a date movie, really. It seems as if the target audience is 13-year old straight boys.

by Anonymousreply 285June 22, 2023 4:26 AM

They paid her 20 million to star in this? Seems like a big waste of money on their part.

by Anonymousreply 286June 22, 2023 8:07 AM

R284: Not good especially since it only has this weekend. Indiana Jones is out next week.

by Anonymousreply 287June 22, 2023 7:37 PM

I originally thought this was a thread about Jude Law.

by Anonymousreply 288June 23, 2023 8:05 PM

R260, Hylda got Cate Blanchett signed up for the movie version of Borderlands with Kevin Hart, Jamie Lee and others. It was filmed a couple of years ago and has not been released. Not age appropriate at all for Cate to play the lead in this movie.

Hylda and Cate were hoping for a big pay day on this one. It looks like that's never gonna happen.

J-Law would have been a better choice to play Lilith than Cate.

by Anonymousreply 289June 23, 2023 8:24 PM

Speaking of Florence Pugh, she played the PR game in the fallout of her Olivia Wilde movie like a champ.

I can’t imagine Lawrence managing the situation with the same elan. I’m just picturing another faux-self-deprecating and barely concealed furious Vogue cover.

by Anonymousreply 290June 24, 2023 9:35 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!