Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Peter Zeihan

Why is this dummy suddenly all over everywhere?

by Anonymousreply 8March 26, 2023 11:46 AM

I listen to him with an enormous grain of salt. His main issue is he’s been prophetic about the imminent downfall of certain countries, and he’s going to have a short shelf life if these things don’t happen. He’s a doomsdayer, and he’ll just keep shifting it back like an end of times preacher.. I laugh because the USA is always conveniently unscathed in his predictions. He tells his primarily American audience what they want to hear.

by Anonymousreply 1March 9, 2023 10:47 AM

But he's already been wrong over and over.

by Anonymousreply 2March 10, 2023 3:05 AM

His writing style is terrible. Condescending and his jokes fall flat. The fact that he can make jokes at all about his subject matter convinces me he doesn’t actually believe his own premise.

by Anonymousreply 3March 10, 2023 4:05 AM

He always looks like he just woke up

by Anonymousreply 4March 10, 2023 5:37 AM

I mean I guess he's a suitable right-wing alternative to Ray Dalio but none of these people seem to have any substance that would justify people listening to them.

by Anonymousreply 5March 12, 2023 6:48 PM

He reminds me of those people we read in college in the late 70s and early 80s who said the world was coming to an end because it couldn't physically support 2 billion people at American standards of living (today it supports close to 4 bilion at comparable levels). The supply of "critical materials" is always far far far more elastic than such people think. He reminds me of the idiocy of the peak oil crowd of twenty years ago.

by Anonymousreply 6March 26, 2023 11:19 AM

Not that it matters, but I'm 99% sure he's gay. After I saw a few of his videos I looked into his background to see if he was credible. I found what looked to be his boyfriend's FB page. Peter was in a few pics and people made comments on them that led me to believe they were together.

by Anonymousreply 7March 26, 2023 11:42 AM

We were all going to die because there wasn't enough manganese and Molydbenum for all and the "law of the sea" was a catastrophic failure.

by Anonymousreply 8March 26, 2023 11:46 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!