Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pamela Sue Martin in the Lady in Red 1979

The movie is also kown as Guns Sin and Bathtub Gin.

Written by John Sayles, and considered to be a grindhouse classic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15March 8, 2023 4:02 PM

Quite the cast - Pamela Sue Martin, Robert Conrad, Louise Fletcher, and Christopher Lloyd. Robert Forster also appeared in an uncredited role.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 7, 2023 10:32 PM

I love PSM

by Anonymousreply 2March 7, 2023 10:40 PM

I do too but she just disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 3March 7, 2023 10:57 PM

Man, John Sayles - what ever happened to him? Must google. Would anyone reply to a thread about him?

by Anonymousreply 4March 7, 2023 11:22 PM

I love her made for tv movie from 1987 - BAY COVEN. it was about a coven of witches in PSM’s neighborhood. One of the old witches was… you guessed it, Barbara Billingsley, (Mrs Cleaver from Leave It to Beaver).

by Anonymousreply 5March 7, 2023 11:27 PM

R4, I love John Sayles. It would be nice to have a thread about him.

by Anonymousreply 6March 7, 2023 11:28 PM

Count me in as another John Sayles fan.

by Anonymousreply 7March 8, 2023 1:23 AM

I was 13 and fell in love with this movie because of the kid Eddie and his cute lips and big dick flopping in his overalls. Thank you HBO for showing it often.

by Anonymousreply 8March 8, 2023 4:06 AM

Recent John Sayles WHET thread. He's writing books now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9March 8, 2023 4:49 AM

Pamela was beautiful, but she just couldn't act to save her life.

by Anonymousreply 10March 8, 2023 4:55 AM

Pamela was great on Dynasty.

I've always found John Sayles very fuckable.

by Anonymousreply 11March 8, 2023 5:11 AM

Thanks R9 for the link to the John Sayles thread. Surprised it seemed to die a quick death.

Man did I love Passion Fish and Lone Star and the Roan Innish (sp?) films. I've never seen Return of Secaucus Seven (wasn't that the smaller, indie film similar to The Big Chill?).

Sayles' work as a novelist sounds very big, the new novel's over 700 pages - ugh.

by Anonymousreply 12March 8, 2023 9:18 AM

This one is rather underrated, I enjoyed the pace. The prison scenes with Tiny Alice were brutal. Pamela was good in this and had quite the ark from naive farm girl to mercy killer. She looked painfully skinny in some scenes, I wonder if some of her reasons for leaving Hollywood were due to body image.

by Anonymousreply 13March 8, 2023 1:54 PM

I wanted to see Robert Conrad’s bare butt when I saw the “N”:in the HBO guide. So the movie was a no sale for me.

by Anonymousreply 14March 8, 2023 2:00 PM

Passion Fish, Lone Star and Limbo were my favorite films of the 90s. Men With Guns was great too.

by Anonymousreply 15March 8, 2023 4:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!