Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Richard Madden’s long-delayed “Citadel” finally debuts

Enormously expensive, troubled production looks bland and forgettable

Another Russo Bros. production proving they’re nothing without prime Intellectual Property

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72April 15, 2023 2:46 AM

shut up

by Anonymousreply 1March 6, 2023 3:46 PM

Nearly 3 years, an unnecessarily massive budget (second only to Rings of Power), multiple reshoots, and a long list of rumored production issues for just 6 to 8 episodes of ... this? Wow.

by Anonymousreply 2March 6, 2023 3:50 PM

Does Amazon Studios just have that one shitty hair colourist on their team or what? All the guys in their actions stuff have this uniform shoe polish-like black colour, even when a browner tone would have suited them better. Horrible dye job.

I hope this flops, I can't stand either Madden or Chopra.

by Anonymousreply 3March 6, 2023 6:35 PM

I'll be watching.

I have enjoyed both of them at one time or another.

by Anonymousreply 4March 6, 2023 6:38 PM

R2 Supposedly there is going to be local spinoffs of this main show. With Italian and Indian versions already in the works.

by Anonymousreply 5March 7, 2023 1:50 PM

The Russo Bros.’ schtick is selling a ton of carts before horses - for example after Gray Man premiered to ghastly reviews (46% RT) they announced multiple spinoffs and sequels were already in development

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6March 7, 2023 1:58 PM

The other problem with the Russo’s tv projects is that they’re not that impressive on the small screen

For example the Mission Impossible films are successful because they look thrilling on big screens

They’re sort if forgettable and fall apart on TV viewing

by Anonymousreply 7March 7, 2023 2:04 PM

People still have small screens?

Quaint.

by Anonymousreply 8March 7, 2023 2:06 PM

What’s quaint is R8 not realizing that despite the availability of screens 65 inches and up on the market, most people who watched “The Gray Man” probably watched it on a screen between 6 inches and 13 inches

by Anonymousreply 9March 7, 2023 2:21 PM

Why does Priyanka only work with closeted guys? Even married one!!

by Anonymousreply 10March 7, 2023 2:43 PM

There were shockingly many similarities in the preview to Madden’s Bodyguard series, they may have well just made a second season of that excellent show.

by Anonymousreply 11March 7, 2023 2:48 PM

This looks like a real step down for Madden.

He looks hollow in the cheeks.

The woman looks like a fat cow.

by Anonymousreply 12March 7, 2023 2:55 PM

I can't hear her. Is she mumbling or is it me?

by Anonymousreply 13March 7, 2023 2:58 PM

La Belle Madden probably got a decent paycheck for this garbage although it kept him out of circulation for too long

by Anonymousreply 14March 7, 2023 3:03 PM

Nu

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15March 18, 2023 6:05 PM

It got renewed for a second season before the premiere already. They don't want people to think it's a guaranteed one-season flop and not tune in.

by Anonymousreply 16March 18, 2023 7:22 PM

It looks quite generic and forgettable. Also, I don't understand why Hollywood wants Priyanka Chopra to happen so badly.

by Anonymousreply 17March 18, 2023 7:37 PM

Will Richard Madden hook up with Priyanka Chopra’s husband, Nick Jonas? What about his GoT sister’s husband, Joe Jonas?

by Anonymousreply 18March 18, 2023 7:49 PM

R16 in the midst of the peak streaming wars two-three years ago, shows from very high profile creators like the Russos got two season pickups guaranteed. I think that’s very unlikely in the climate now.

by Anonymousreply 19March 18, 2023 9:41 PM

Accidentally posted this in the James Bond thread, but clearly plenty of people know about Richard

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20March 19, 2023 10:24 PM

[quote] Will Richard Madden hook up with Priyanka Chopra’s husband, Nick Jonas? What about his GoT sister’s husband, Joe Jonas?

I'm sure he already has. ;) Along with others...

by Anonymousreply 21March 20, 2023 6:17 PM

Froy liked it the post! That means they are still together! As I always suspected. I never thought they had broken up. Been together for 3 years and they're still going strong. Goals.

by Anonymousreply 22March 31, 2023 1:03 PM

I just watched the trailer for Citadel. WOW! It looks excellent. Didn't even know about this. Thanks OP.

I enjoyed Madden in Bodyguard and GoT.

by Anonymousreply 23March 31, 2023 2:31 PM

It looks like a big budget CBS program.

by Anonymousreply 24March 31, 2023 6:56 PM

R12 I was literally thinking that! Priyanka Chopra looks fat. Did the reshoots happen after she had the baby so she still had the baby weight? If so then that's unfortunate. Actors often time pregnancies so they won't interfere with shooting a movie or a tv show. She probably thought she would be done with the show before the baby, but then the reshoots ruined that.

by Anonymousreply 25April 1, 2023 6:48 AM

LOL it will be like Madtv’s Oprah fat cam sketch

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26April 1, 2023 2:05 PM

The first 45 seconds of the trailer got me interested, so I turned it off to prevent any spoilers. Madden looks hot but everything's got this weird glossy artificiality to it, even him.

by Anonymousreply 27April 1, 2023 3:03 PM

I wonder if it’s because they opted to use LED backdrops for everything

Looks great in the Mandalorian, maybe not so great in Hyde Park

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28April 1, 2023 4:04 PM

Has this actually been released yet? I couldn't find it on Amazon Prime. Anyone seen it?

by Anonymousreply 29April 2, 2023 1:09 AM

Froy can console him when it bombs

by Anonymousreply 30April 2, 2023 1:13 AM

It LITERALLY says on the link in OP

“On APRIL 28”

by Anonymousreply 31April 2, 2023 1:18 AM

Madden’s hard R’s of his American accent remind me of the Difficult People Patches episode

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32April 2, 2023 1:22 AM

Sorry R31. It does indeed.

by Anonymousreply 33April 2, 2023 1:22 AM

R25 Priyanka and Nick used a surrogate to have their baby. She’s far from fat. R22, it means nothing but Froy has not liked his last 2 posts (actually last 3).

by Anonymousreply 34April 3, 2023 10:06 AM

I imagine this was Madden's audition reel for James Bond, as was The Night Manager for Tom Hiddleston (who then fucked it up with the "I heart TS" hetero stunt). Must've hurt Madden that his show got delayed. Froy must have worked overtime to sooth his friend's pain and anxiety over this.

It does look fun in a generic action adventure kind of way, though.

The dyed hairpiece seems like such a strange choice. I associate it with men who go through a midlife crisis and are self-conscious about their hair, or lack thereof. Is that some kind of PR marketing push to make this look ... cool?

by Anonymousreply 35April 3, 2023 11:53 AM

R34 I noticed he didn't like Madden's last few posts. But he still follows Dick, so all hope is not lost yet.

by Anonymousreply 36April 3, 2023 11:53 AM

he also like Richard's dad's post only about a week ago. I think they are fine.

by Anonymousreply 37April 3, 2023 12:02 PM

Will this be as hilariously awful as Chopra's similarly themed spy series "Quantico"?

by Anonymousreply 38April 3, 2023 12:14 PM

Madden jumping off the Dam/concrete structure looks very 007.

by Anonymousreply 39April 3, 2023 12:18 PM

R37, yeah I wouldn’t base a status of a relationship on likes or lack there of on SM. I assume they are still together until there is more compelling evidence to say otherwise.

R35, madden didn’t have dyed hairpiece for this show. That’s his actual hair dyed that color.

by Anonymousreply 40April 3, 2023 12:19 PM

Froy is getting jealous of Priyanka Chopra, she doesn't want anyone to flirt with her man, most of the unliked posts r madden being cosy with piggy chops

by Anonymousreply 41April 3, 2023 12:45 PM

R39 the whole thing is derivative. The throwing/dodging knife scene was used in the Angelina Jolie/James McAvoy spy movie Wanted and I’m sure many others.

by Anonymousreply 42April 3, 2023 1:37 PM

R34 I'm tinhatty enough to think that maybe someone asked them to tone it down due to the release of Citadel. Can't have an obvious homo in the main role...

by Anonymousreply 43April 3, 2023 1:41 PM

R43 tone what down? They’re reclusive. They haven’t been seen together in public for months.

by Anonymousreply 44April 3, 2023 8:03 PM

R44 Well, maybe that's why. They definitely have been far more reclusive the past year or so vs the first couple years. Something changed. Maybe Richard's team is trying to control his image more right now considering what kind of roles he may be trying to land...

by Anonymousreply 45April 3, 2023 10:16 PM

I think the coverage of them on holiday in Mexico with both sets of parents might have spooked them.

by Anonymousreply 46April 3, 2023 10:39 PM

and not a global russo series?

you are an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 47April 3, 2023 11:01 PM

[quote] I think the coverage of them on holiday in Mexico with both sets of parents might have spooked them.

Those paps weren't there by chance though. They knew they were there. And that resort is a well known celeb vacationing spot where others have gotten papped.

by Anonymousreply 48April 4, 2023 1:15 AM

Richard Madden in India promoting Citadel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49April 4, 2023 5:07 AM

Obligatory "he looks like shit!"

by Anonymousreply 50April 4, 2023 5:16 AM

Froy hasn’t liked his last 4 ig posts now. I think they’re over and i don’t think it’s because they’re trying to hide. I think Froy is back in LA hanging with his old friends.

by Anonymousreply 51April 4, 2023 6:24 AM

R45 Exactly. They have been even more reclusive than usual. I don't think it's a coincidence. Remember, Froy always liked every one of Madden's posts. He even commented. Also, back at the BLM protest they didn¨t even hide when they were together. Same when they were together in Houston. They posted just enough information for people to figure it out. That has all stopped now.

by Anonymousreply 52April 4, 2023 8:13 AM

Because he's promoting a movie in homophopic countries?

by Anonymousreply 53April 4, 2023 8:43 AM

Yes f is there with him

by Anonymousreply 54April 4, 2023 8:44 AM

R54 no he’s not. He’s in LA. They’ve split up.

by Anonymousreply 55April 4, 2023 8:59 AM

R55 Why would he like Dick's new post if they had broken up? It's weird that Froy is not with Madden right now, but it's possible they were told to tone it down, or they did it of their own free will. Either way I don't think they have broken up. But time will tell.

by Anonymousreply 56April 4, 2023 9:16 AM

Remember when people thought they had broken up because we didn't hear from them in like 8 months, then the vacation pics came out. I'm just saying, this isn't necessarily a new thing. It has happened before. Is it possible they have broken up? Yes. Is it possible they are still together? Also yes. We won't know for sure yet. I personally think they are still together.

by Anonymousreply 57April 4, 2023 9:18 AM

the last two on my favorites list are in mumbi...just saying.

by Anonymousreply 58April 4, 2023 9:55 AM

There has also been no unfollowing, - the fag hag Cheryl did it pretty much straight away when Richard broke up with Brandon . She was also tagged with Richard in his latest photo. I think Froy just has a weird relationship with social media sometimes. Obviously it is possible but we will have to see.

by Anonymousreply 59April 4, 2023 9:57 AM

[quote] I think Froy just has a weird relationship with social media sometimes

R59 He never did before. LOL!

[quote] Yes f is there with him

R54 He is? How do you know?

[quote] the last two on my favorites list are in mumbi...just saying.

R58 What is this about?

by Anonymousreply 60April 4, 2023 10:52 AM

My working theory is Froy is the understudy for the Lucas Hedges role in Brokeback Mountain: The Play and needs to be in London.

by Anonymousreply 61April 4, 2023 4:59 PM

My working theory is Froy is the understudy for the Lucas Hedges role in Brokeback Mountain: The Play and needs to be in London.

by Anonymousreply 62April 4, 2023 4:59 PM

by Anonymousreply 63April 4, 2023 5:00 PM

Hey, has anyone heard the working theory that Froy is the understudy for the Lucas Hedges role in Brokeback Mountain: The Play

by Anonymousreply 64April 4, 2023 5:03 PM

Froy...work? HA!

by Anonymousreply 65April 5, 2023 5:36 AM

R9 I watched The Grey Man on my 65" OLED screen and thought it was great.

I'll be watching this show, looks good to me.

by Anonymousreply 66April 5, 2023 8:58 AM

Does Froy like any of Tom Hardy’s posts?

by Anonymousreply 67April 5, 2023 2:03 PM

Shitadel.

by Anonymousreply 68April 5, 2023 4:12 PM

Can Froy see his own cum gutters? Or is he still getting ready for hibernation.

Asking for a friend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69April 5, 2023 4:15 PM

[quote] Does Froy like any of Tom Hardy’s posts?

R67 Yep. He does. Or at least he did for a good while.

by Anonymousreply 70April 5, 2023 8:15 PM

I can’t get over how bad this looks

It looks like they filmed in front of LED backdrops for every scene

It looks fake as hell

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71April 14, 2023 10:27 PM

Looks pretty good to me R71. I'll watch it.

by Anonymousreply 72April 15, 2023 2:46 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!