Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why was Barbara Bush considered an ugly crone?

She was in fact quite sexy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103June 1, 2023 5:28 AM

One hot bitch.

by Anonymousreply 1March 5, 2023 10:55 PM

She always looked like her children's grandmother. She came out of the womb a wrinkled hag.

by Anonymousreply 2March 5, 2023 10:56 PM

No. And the pearls were faux.

by Anonymousreply 3March 5, 2023 10:58 PM

So hot! An underrated sex symbol! She’s serving Striptease era Demi Moore in OP’s pic.

by Anonymousreply 4March 5, 2023 10:58 PM

In her youth, average looking but with an impeccable pedigree and ready to breed. The hubby was handsome in a fratboi asshole kind of way.

by Anonymousreply 5March 5, 2023 11:00 PM

She finally found a way to lighten age spots.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6March 5, 2023 11:02 PM

They ALWAYS referred to her as

GRANDMA 👵 BUSH

by Anonymousreply 7March 5, 2023 11:09 PM

It wasn't so much her being an ugly crone as a TOTAL FUCKING BITCH-CUNT.

by Anonymousreply 8March 5, 2023 11:11 PM

She always looked old. HW Bush was pretty hot in his youth though even if he had no lips

by Anonymousreply 9March 5, 2023 11:12 PM

That ugly old bags only redeeming quality is that she hated Jeb.

by Anonymousreply 10March 5, 2023 11:22 PM

Your mean Jeb!

by Anonymousreply 11March 5, 2023 11:24 PM

I wish this had audio

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12March 5, 2023 11:24 PM

She was NO Eleanor Roosevelt

by Anonymousreply 13March 5, 2023 11:27 PM

She was the sex-symbol spokesperson for Quaker Oats!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14March 5, 2023 11:41 PM

Prettier than the bride

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15March 5, 2023 11:43 PM

Right up there with Mamie Eisenhower as the ultimate FLILFs.

by Anonymousreply 16March 5, 2023 11:46 PM

OP, who said she was an ugly crone?

by Anonymousreply 17March 5, 2023 11:47 PM

Not sure what Poppy saw in her. It wasn't beauty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18March 5, 2023 11:50 PM

Her real father was preposterous Satan-worshiper Alistair Crowley. Yes, Bar's mother was a SATANIC WHORE!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19March 5, 2023 11:52 PM

Oh. He saw money. Ok, makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 20March 5, 2023 11:54 PM

George liked to call her Philippa. Phillippa Bush.

by Anonymousreply 21March 5, 2023 11:55 PM

Barbara originally set out to be President James Buchanan's First Lady, but when that didn't work out she switched parties.

by Anonymousreply 22March 5, 2023 11:56 PM

Just ask Pat Stevens:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23March 5, 2023 11:57 PM

Bab's original appearance on the Pat Steven's Show:

"You must be very proud of your son . . . "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24March 6, 2023 12:00 AM

She was actually a much more popular FLOTUS then the pretentious cunt who preceded her. The Fraus loved her as she "appeared" to be one of them.

by Anonymousreply 25March 6, 2023 12:07 AM

Her own hand rejected her.

by Anonymousreply 26March 6, 2023 12:07 AM

Bitch stole my act.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27March 6, 2023 12:10 AM

Barbara Pierce was born on June 8, 1925 to Pauline Pierce (née Robinson) and Marvin Pierce.

She was raised in the suburban town of Rye, New York. Her father later became president of McCall Corporation, the publisher of the popular women's magazines Redbook and McCall's.

She had two elder siblings, Martha (1920–1999) and James (1922–1993), and a younger brother, Scott (1930–2022).

Her ancestor Thomas Pierce Jr., an early New England colonist, was also an ancestor of Franklin Pierce, the 14th president of the United States. She was a fourth cousin, four times removed, of Franklin Pierce and Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.

by Anonymousreply 28March 6, 2023 12:13 AM

Jackie O? Didn't have a pedigree of this quality.

by Anonymousreply 29March 6, 2023 12:14 AM

Attractive enough. Fertile.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30March 6, 2023 12:38 AM

Actually, at r18 she was quite pretty (though not beautiful). I don't get what r18 is talking about.

She was considered a catch when Poppy married her because she was attractive, very popular, a Smith girl (before the Ivies allowed women, Smith was the most highly regarded academically of all the Seven Sisters, and was considered on a par with Wellesley and Vassar socially), and from a wealthy and prestigious family--she was a direct descendant of former US president Franklin Pierce. She was apparently pretty mean during her high school years (she was embittered because her mother had no time for her and frequently disparaged her), and though she repented her meanness as a popular girl later in life, she always was infamous for having a viciously sharp tongue when the occasion arose. She traumatized her granddaughter Jenna for telling her she looked chubby in a swimsuit, and when jenna confronted her about it, she apologized and said she sometimes said mean things she later greatly regretted that were the sort of things her own disapproving and hypercritical mother would say to her when she was young.

She lost her looks soon after she got married, and I think her toddler daughter Robin's death in the 1950s was quite hard on her and made her age prematurely. Apparently that was the great tragedy of her life, and she used to go out all the time at Kennebunkport to the water's edge to grieve for Robin until the end of her life.

My understanding was that she was a very strange woman. She had a ferocious temper she could turn on people who criticized her family members, but could be critical of them herself; she was a great reader, but never encouraged her children to be readers, and visitors to the Kennebunkport compound said there never were any books in the house because no one besides her read. (W.'s unlikely marriage to the quiet and decidedly unfabulous Laura Welch was probably not only because she was pretty when younger but also because she was also a reader like his mother.)

Richard Nixon's infamous and hilarious comment about her on the White House Tapes, when her husband was the director of the CIA: "Now there's a woman who knows how to hate..."

by Anonymousreply 31March 6, 2023 12:56 AM

I'll give it to the ole cunt she was a better driver then moi.

by Anonymousreply 32March 6, 2023 12:59 AM

The flippant remark made against citizens seeking new opportunities after losing all they owned in Katrina is her epitaph.

by Anonymousreply 33March 6, 2023 1:02 AM

It's rumored that pegging is what kept her marriage to 41 alive.

That's why her Secret Service code name was "Tranquility," since he'd usually pass out.

by Anonymousreply 34March 6, 2023 1:20 AM

Because she looked the kindle dowager she got a pass. Bar was the cuntiest cunt who ever cunted. I should know.

by Anonymousreply 35March 6, 2023 1:24 AM

😂 😂

by Anonymousreply 36March 6, 2023 1:25 AM

She was lumpy.

by Anonymousreply 37March 6, 2023 1:48 AM

She sucked more cock than Nancy Reagan.

by Anonymousreply 38March 6, 2023 1:51 AM

One of the late night comics (I’ve forgotten which) joked:

Bush has only been president for one year and he has already put his wife on the one dollar bill.

by Anonymousreply 39March 6, 2023 1:55 AM

She used to be a bevy of beauty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40March 6, 2023 1:58 AM

Loved her. Class. Manners. Pearls. I loved Michelle Obama too! Style and glamour. Pour Jill Biden. But she's learning. She started to run a comb through her hair which is a good start.

by Anonymousreply 41March 6, 2023 2:01 AM

She I'd not a direct descendant of a president. Cousins...4th...how many removed? Hell, we are probably all that closely related as DL posters.

by Anonymousreply 42March 6, 2023 2:17 AM

Ok...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43March 6, 2023 3:23 AM

He's better looking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44March 6, 2023 3:35 AM

[quote]She was actually a much more popular FLOTUS then the pretentious cunt who preceded her. The Fraus loved her as she "appeared" to be one of them.

I recall reading the ole Bar and 41 were very well liked by the White House staff compared to the Reagans and Clintons.

by Anonymousreply 45March 6, 2023 3:38 AM

Does anyone remember when Oprah and a few first ladies were reciting The Vagina Monologues and Barbara kept getting stuck with the lines about her vagina being less than wonderous? There turned out to be quite a bit of unintentional laughter from the event.

by Anonymousreply 46March 6, 2023 3:59 AM

Kitty Kelly says she is the illegitimate granddaughter of famous Edwardian England Satanist Alaestair Crowley of whom her grandma was a groupie.

by Anonymousreply 47March 6, 2023 4:02 AM

Haters gonna hate that’s why

by Anonymousreply 48March 6, 2023 4:03 AM

"Barbara Bush -- that woman knew how to hate."

by Anonymousreply 49March 6, 2023 4:10 AM

I must remind you that making derogatory or inappropriate comments about a person's appearance is not respectful or appropriate. Barbara Bush, who passed away in 2018, was a former First Lady of the United States and a respected public figure. She should be remembered for her contributions and achievements, rather than comments on her physical appearance. It is important to treat all individuals with respect and refrain from making derogatory comments or engaging in negative behavior towards others.

by Anonymousreply 50March 6, 2023 4:20 AM

R50 has stated her boundaries!

by Anonymousreply 51March 6, 2023 5:01 AM

She was hot in her youth PLUS worth a fortune after her parents' death. George was enchanted with her to the end. He dabbled a bit but always came back to mama.

by Anonymousreply 52March 6, 2023 5:24 AM

It's amazing how many topics involve criticizing a woman's looks. Sad but not surprising.

by Anonymousreply 53March 6, 2023 5:26 AM

Her name has always seemed like it should have been used as the lewd moniker for one of James Bond's girlfriends. It's deliciously vulgar.

by Anonymousreply 54March 6, 2023 5:36 AM

She did not always dress to advantage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55March 6, 2023 5:37 AM

Good Vanity Fair profile from 2007.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56March 6, 2023 5:47 AM

She was bent over more times than a palm tree in Miami during hurricane season….

by Anonymousreply 57March 6, 2023 5:58 AM

Nancy probably started the :ugly crone" meme.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58March 6, 2023 7:26 AM

Well, her face was good enough to put on the one dollar bill...

by Anonymousreply 59March 6, 2023 9:35 AM

You're right. We should criticize more men's looks.

by Anonymousreply 60March 6, 2023 11:41 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 61March 6, 2023 11:46 AM

She kept her dead fetus in a jar and showed it to her children.

Case,

Closed.

by Anonymousreply 62March 6, 2023 11:56 AM

She was arguably a handsome woman with a very patrician look…

by Anonymousreply 63March 6, 2023 11:57 AM

She was not a crone.

She was a stuck-up old cow who ate grass in the Rose Garden and increased our Washington methane rates.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64March 6, 2023 12:15 PM

According to the Times write-up of Mrs. Reagan’s impromptu appearance on ABC News, she “had been desperately trying to call Barbara Walters, an old friend, to privately correct something Ms. Walters had said on the air. … But somehow, Mrs. Reagan was connected to Peter Jennings on the air.”

The Times column continued, “While Mr. Jennings and David Brinkley sat by, bemused, Mrs. Reagan unloaded on both her successors.”

Mrs. Reagan “insisted that, no matter what Barbara Bush said, she had given Mrs. Bush a full tour of the White House. … And she complained bitterly that the Bushes had never invited the Reagans back for a state dinner.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65March 6, 2023 12:37 PM

She looked like George Bush's grandmother when in fact it was his wife. Quite surprising at the time. As a couple they looked decades apart. George had a fetish for old twat.

by Anonymousreply 66March 6, 2023 12:46 PM

The Regans began the decline of the United States into magashithole status. Low class, under-educated.

by Anonymousreply 67March 6, 2023 12:46 PM

George married young, to a woman who had blue blood and a healthy reproductive system.

Looks, were a minor concern.

by Anonymousreply 68March 6, 2023 12:48 PM

I'd loved to have been there when Babs learned the Reagans were gifted a home post-Presidency.

I'm sure she was equal parts disgusting/amused.

by Anonymousreply 69March 6, 2023 12:53 PM

She prematurely aged--she was a crone, but not an ugly one.

by Anonymousreply 70March 6, 2023 12:54 PM

citing documents from the Reagan Library archives, Page wrote that the names of the Bushes, then vice president and second lady, were crossed out by hand from both an initial invite list and an accompanying plan for them to “greet guests in the Red Room.”

The Bushes appeared only under a “Suggested additions” section on the second and third invite lists, according to Page.

On the third list, their names had again been “slashed out by pen.”

The snub did not go unnoticed, Page wrote: “When deputy White House chief of staff Michael Deaver cautioned Nancy Reagan against excluding the vice president and his wife from the dinner, saying it would be a breach of protocol, she reportedly responded, ‘Just watch me.’ “

According to Page, Mrs. Reagan similarly slashed out the Bushes from the invitation list for her husband’s birthday in 1986, though an aide got them back on.

At the end of Reagan’s two terms, Mrs. Reagan was obliged to give Mrs. Bush a customary tour of the White House. According to the Washington Post, it was “brief and unsatisfying.” (Coincidentally, that tour was one of the incidents Mrs. Reagan felt compelled to speak out about in 1993 — leading to her denouement with Mrs. Bush.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71March 6, 2023 1:13 PM

Loved when Bar mentioned Fancy Nancy transforming the FLOTUS office into her own personal "beauty parlor."

Bitch was hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 72March 6, 2023 1:53 PM

Any other First vs. Second Lady rivalries?

Michelle and Jill were close.

Heard Hillary and Tipper were not on the best of terms with one another.

I don't ever remember seeing Laura being in the same vicinity as Lynn.

by Anonymousreply 73March 6, 2023 1:59 PM

Nancy Reagan was so trashy.

Nothing says “trashy” like being a shitty parent.

by Anonymousreply 74March 6, 2023 3:16 PM

The snub was an disinvitation to the event of the decade, a state dinner with Princess Diana and her husband.

by Anonymousreply 75March 6, 2023 3:18 PM

I think it's a charming tribute, seeing her face on every box of Quaker Oats.

by Anonymousreply 76March 6, 2023 3:30 PM

Her mom catted around with Alestier Crowley and 9 months later, Barb was born and looks just fucking like him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77March 6, 2023 3:36 PM

It's practically a case of Datalounge malpractice that this SNL clip from 1989 with Phil Hartman as Barbara Bush and Jan Hooks as Nancy Reagan hasn't been posted yet

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78March 6, 2023 4:47 PM

R50 was produced by ChatGPT.

by Anonymousreply 79March 6, 2023 5:36 PM

Op why are you stuck in 1989?

by Anonymousreply 80March 6, 2023 5:36 PM

😂 and it is ridiculous

by Anonymousreply 81March 6, 2023 5:38 PM

Handsome woman.

by Anonymousreply 82March 6, 2023 6:02 PM

R77, meet R19.

by Anonymousreply 83March 6, 2023 6:42 PM

[quote]I must remind you that making derogatory or inappropriate comments about a person's appearance is not respectful or appropriate. Barbara Bush, who passed away in 2018, was a former First Lady of the United States and a respected public figure. She should be remembered for her contributions and achievements, rather than comments on her physical appearance. It is important to treat all individuals with respect and refrain from making derogatory comments or engaging in negative behavior towards others.

R50 - I don't want waste my BEAUTIFUL MIND thinking about your sycophantic BS.

by Anonymousreply 84March 6, 2023 6:56 PM

The neighbors cat is in heat

by Anonymousreply 85March 6, 2023 11:43 PM

Quite pendulous tits.

by Anonymousreply 86March 7, 2023 12:26 AM

R62 wow you weren't kidding.

The former president commented on the reaction this morning on NBC's "Today Show."

"I had no intention of creating a national dialogue," Bush said. "My intent was to describe a relationship between my mom and her son and an interesting anecdote that helped the reader understand why my mother and I are so close."

That. That is even more strange.

by Anonymousreply 87March 7, 2023 12:34 AM

The story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88March 7, 2023 12:34 AM

She wasn’t as big of a cunt as Melanie. Also she’s not a whore

by Anonymousreply 89March 7, 2023 12:45 AM

^^^ And I never want to see either of them naked.

by Anonymousreply 90March 7, 2023 2:00 AM

I think she just gave up on being a desirable feminine wife because her husband just wouldn't let go of his affair with Jennifer Fitzgerald. Probably a combination of spite and resignation.

by Anonymousreply 91March 7, 2023 3:09 AM

She looks like Joan Norton, Doc Martin's nosy, bossy Aunt.

by Anonymousreply 92March 7, 2023 3:19 AM

You can say a lot of bad stuff about her but she seemed very comfortable in her own skin which I always admire

by Anonymousreply 93March 7, 2023 3:28 AM

I think that was a lot of pretending and facade R93.

by Anonymousreply 94March 7, 2023 4:31 AM

Rich. Bitch.

by Anonymousreply 95March 7, 2023 4:32 AM

This never stops being hilarious everytime I see it...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96March 7, 2023 5:44 AM

This alone makes Barbara Bush an honorary Datalounger:

[quote]On a personal level, she can be domineering. Aides, old friends, even family members give eerily similar accounts of her offering unsolicited advice on appearance: “You’ve got to do something about your hair,” she told one aide; to another, who had just grown a mustache, she said, “Has George seen that? Shave it off!” She is full of admonitions about smoking, now that she has given it up, and diet—especially diet.

[quote]Peggy Stanton, a friend from the years when Bush served in Congress, remembers being embarrassed at lunches of the congressional wives’ club. “I was a pretty healthy eater, and Bar would say, ‘Now, watch Peggy, she’s going up for her third helping.’ Which was true, but I didn’t necessarily want the world to know.”

[quote]“You’re too fat,” Barbara tells her younger brother, Scott Pierce, when he puts on weight. And when Bush was vice president, according to an aide, Barbara boiled over one day at the sight of the staffers eating junk food on Air Force Two. “She said we were all fat, we all ate too much, and from then on we would only get fruit and so on,” a change that was instituted immediately.

by Anonymousreply 97May 31, 2023 9:08 PM

Why? Because she was Blanche, she was!

by Anonymousreply 98May 31, 2023 9:10 PM

I love that Barbara smoked Newports, of all cigarette brands. Bitch was hardcore!

by Anonymousreply 99May 31, 2023 9:18 PM

Have there been any good documentaries about the George '41? I really enjoyed the 2020 docuseries on The Reagans that aired on Showtime in 2020. Reagan-heads and MAGAts would have hated it

by Anonymousreply 100May 31, 2023 9:44 PM

Amateur.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101May 31, 2023 11:06 PM

The Showtime doc on the Reagans was excellent. They really broke things down and showed how awful the Reagans and the people who surrounded them were.

by Anonymousreply 102May 31, 2023 11:25 PM

R102 - yes, it was fascinating because it drew such an interesting through-line from the earliest days of Nancy and Ron's relationship to the utter destruction they wrought on American society through the late 80s. And, of course, set the path for modern age of ultra-conservatism and MAGAism. They also got a lot of people (including members of his cabinet or White House staff) to speak very candidly about them. Their son participated, too, and, I was pleasantly surprised at the lack of rose colored glasses. It was a frank and unsparing portrait of them. Usually these prestige docu-series have too many episodes. I would gladly have welcomed a longer series.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103June 1, 2023 5:28 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!