Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dinner: What are you having for Dinner?

so hungry

by Anonymousreply 63March 18, 2023 3:31 AM

I baked a pizza. My own dough, bacon, a lot of cheeses, green olives, white onion, mushrooms.

The secrets of my success? A blazing oven and a toss of semolina flour in the dough.

by Anonymousreply 1March 4, 2023 6:45 PM

I ordered Dominos. I should be getting fit because we have summer plans in PTown, but my depression has taken hold from two guys ghosting me in short order. I also have a friends big birthday party tonight. I'm dreading squeezing into my clothes, I just feel fat. But I also refuse to seriously complain because bitch, I'm sitting at my large dinning room table with a fresh glass of wine and a box of pizza scrolling through DL. Obviously, I'm not take my fitness seriously.

Short Answer: Dominos pizza & regret

by Anonymousreply 2March 4, 2023 6:46 PM

friend's*^

by Anonymousreply 3March 4, 2023 6:46 PM

hamburger on a pretzel roll

by Anonymousreply 4March 4, 2023 6:59 PM

Why waste time feeling guilty over food R2? Just cut back in the coming weeks

by Anonymousreply 5March 4, 2023 7:03 PM

Just had a flavourful homemade pot of chicken Salinas with the bones & skin still in. I can practically feel all the glowing nutrients sitting in my belly & guts.

by Anonymousreply 6March 4, 2023 7:09 PM

I'm going to an errand in the vicinity of a Culver's so I think I'll get one of their butter burgers or pot roast sandwich. I just looked on their site and their Custard of the Day is Snickers Swirl. Maybe I'll give that a try, haven't had that flavor.

by Anonymousreply 7March 4, 2023 7:10 PM

r5 i just feel bad about myself as a whole right now. I'm sort of licking my wounds and preparing to put on a brave face for this party tonight. I plan to cut back but felt like oversharing. Thanks for your advice though. The pizza and wine are delicious!

by Anonymousreply 8March 4, 2023 7:12 PM

What is "chicken Salinas?" I did a google search and couldn't find any mention of it. Please share.

by Anonymousreply 9March 4, 2023 7:13 PM

Crab salad

by Anonymousreply 10March 4, 2023 7:35 PM

Three rentboys’ asses

by Anonymousreply 11March 4, 2023 7:41 PM

pizza and salad, I think. I have everything and easy.

by Anonymousreply 12March 4, 2023 7:57 PM

Steak fajitas from a great Mexican restaurant. The pinto beans with rice that they serve on the side are the best.

by Anonymousreply 13March 4, 2023 8:00 PM

I'm making chili. I'm gonna go start now.

by Anonymousreply 14March 4, 2023 8:02 PM

Hopefully, the cute 25 year old army guy I'm taking out to dinner tonight. I've been wanting to eat his ass since I met him a few months ago. For someone who likes to profess his heterosexuality, he sure has had a lot of 'gay experiences' with older men in his adult life. Of course, he also says he was drunk when they happened (so they don't count) which is fine with me...I'll make sure his drinks keep coming all night. Then again, maybe I don't have to...

by Anonymousreply 15March 4, 2023 9:02 PM

I'm only making a salad because I devoured a gigantic meatball sandwich on garlic bread, with mozzarella for lunch. (made everything from scratch last night for dinner, with pasta) I like to copy the Olive Garden House Salad lately. I loathe the restaurants, but their salad recipe is simple and delicious.

For the uninitiated, and I'm sure there are MANY, considering how many love to hate Olive Garden here:

Romaine, (they use an Iceberg & Romaine blend in the restaurant) Cherry Tomatoes, Black Olives, Red Onion, and Pepperoncini peppers (not the dried red pepper flake) I even went all-out and purchased the Olive Garden "signature recipe" croutons as well: Romano & Garlic Flavour. I'm sticking with my own house-made Italian vinaigrette however, and adding some cooked egg yolk.

I hear from many the restaurant incorporates a pasteurised egg yolk in their dressing... I'm not certain if this is really the case any longer, but an old friend who worked at one ages ago said the dressing was originally Wishbone Italian with the addition of ordinary fresh raw egg yolks. He's in his sixties and probably worked there thirty years ago, give or take.

As that old sea hag Lydia is fond of saying: "Tutti a tavola a mangiare!"

by Anonymousreply 16March 4, 2023 9:25 PM

I haven't decided. Any suggestions? I'm having a cocktail at present.

by Anonymousreply 17March 4, 2023 9:57 PM

Sweet n sour tofu fried rice

by Anonymousreply 18March 4, 2023 10:00 PM

Buffalo Ranch Chicken sandwich from Chili's.

by Anonymousreply 19March 4, 2023 10:00 PM

I love you, R2. And how dare those fuckers ghost you.

by Anonymousreply 20March 4, 2023 10:03 PM

What the hell is chicken salinas?

by Anonymousreply 21March 4, 2023 10:05 PM

I asked up at r9 and was never answered. guess we'll never know.

by Anonymousreply 22March 4, 2023 10:21 PM

R17 Two suggestions for you actually:

1. If you don't particularly have a taste for anything really, skip dinner altogether. My mum always said if you don't know what to eat, you're probably not really hungry. Perhaps have some cheese and crackers and enjoy another cocktail

2. If you are hungry, and enjoy salads; try the Olive Garden Salad... It's lovely.

by Anonymousreply 23March 4, 2023 10:22 PM

Well apparently chicken salinas is best "with the bones and skin still on." It also has something referred to as "glowing nutrients." Also R6 apparently has an anatomy where "belly" and "guts" are two different things.

I could study R6 for hours and still not know what the fuck he's talking about. I'm guessing he's high as fuck and "chicken salinas" was probably an edible he ate.

by Anonymousreply 24March 4, 2023 10:27 PM

Door Dash just delivered my meal from the Cheese Cake Factory about three miles up t he road. I had grilled Salmon, asparagus and mashed potatoes, and strawberry cheesecake for dessert.

by Anonymousreply 25March 4, 2023 10:32 PM

White wine

by Anonymousreply 26March 4, 2023 10:34 PM

r24 you totally cracked me up!!

by Anonymousreply 27March 4, 2023 10:39 PM

R24 As I have that poster on ignore, I assumed from the mystery surrounding the dish, that Chicken Salinas quite possibly could have been a young trick he picked up in Salinas... then threw him in the hot tub or jacuzzi to kill off any cooties.... but after that odd bit about nutrients, I'm hoping he isn't a cannibal serial killer!

by Anonymousreply 28March 4, 2023 10:40 PM

Or maybe he had Chicken Shenis and that was his speech to text's interpretation.

by Anonymousreply 29March 4, 2023 10:47 PM

Salt pork and molasses

by Anonymousreply 30March 4, 2023 10:48 PM

Asian Chicken salad from Trader Joe's. SIX FUCKING BUCKS.

by Anonymousreply 31March 4, 2023 10:50 PM

Chili with lots of beans. I’ll fart my ass off later but its worth it. My poor hubby. I fart in bed.

by Anonymousreply 32March 4, 2023 10:51 PM

R29 Ha! Still sounds better than fish tacos anyhow!

by Anonymousreply 33March 4, 2023 11:01 PM

My chili turned out great, even though I used a little too much tomato for the amount of meat.

- r14

by Anonymousreply 34March 5, 2023 6:05 AM

Maybe chicken Salinas is shredded cooked chicken on a bed of salad greens. Most of the salad in the U.S. is grown in Salinas. Perhaps a bit of quest fresco tossed on. Some Central Valley walnuts and an olive oil and vinegar. Lastly, A nice avocado if you can find one…

by Anonymousreply 35March 5, 2023 6:16 AM

My partner made orange chicken and pork fried rice. It was delicious!

by Anonymousreply 36March 5, 2023 6:38 AM

[quote] Asian Chicken salad from Trader Joe's. SIX FUCKING BUCKS.

What’s the big deal about $6 for a prepared chicken salad? Sounds reasonable.

by Anonymousreply 37March 5, 2023 6:43 AM

Kraft boxed mac & cheese (lazy, tired, and broke tonight).

by Anonymousreply 38March 5, 2023 6:52 AM

r37, it used to cost $3.75

by Anonymousreply 39March 5, 2023 8:32 AM

I'm sorry, but as an AI language model, I don't eat food, so I can't tell you what I'm having for dinner. However, I recommend that you try searching for some tasty and nutritious meal ideas online or order some food from your favorite restaurant to satisfy your hunger. Enjoy your meal!

by Anonymousreply 40March 5, 2023 8:34 AM

Leftover chicken thighs simmered in a slow cooker with tomato paste, garlic powder, small slices of red pepper and the juice of two lemons. Quick steam-sauted salad, New potatoes. A lot of people don't know that you can cook crisp lettuces, like iceberg or romaine. They remain crisp if you cook them quickly (maybe two minutes or 3 at the most) but you can flavor them with more exotic flavors than salad dressing (and you don't have to quadruple rinse them as you would if you were eating them in a salad, because the cooking will kill any residual pathogens on the leaves). Chinese-Style Stir-Fried Lettuce

This easy stir-fry is a good way to use lettuce, whether excess or not. It’s best to use crisp lettuce like romaine for this. The leaves become slightly tender and the midribs stay nice and crisp when prepared this way

Ingredients 1 tablespoon Neutral Vegetable Oil (safflower oil or other) 1 Large Onion (or medium, finely chopped) 2 cloves Garlic (minced) 1 large head Romaine Lettuce ½ teaspoon Natural Granulated Sugar add Salt (and freshly ground pepper) 2 teaspoons Dark Sesame Oil (to taste) add Dried Hot Red Pepper Flakes (optional) 2 Scallions (thinly sliced for garnish, optional) 2 teaspoons Tan Sesame Seeds (or black, for garnish, optional)

by Anonymousreply 41March 5, 2023 8:46 AM

OK. I have to report back. The salmon I got from Cheesecake factory was over seasoned and it gave me heartburn all night.

by Anonymousreply 42March 5, 2023 2:32 PM

What is chicken Salinas?

by Anonymousreply 43March 6, 2023 2:58 AM

I made a refrigerator-cleaning dish; Jeff Smith’s drunk picked chicken thighs/legs, all my frozen vegetables as well as a bagged vegetable-lovers salad (it wasn’t stinky, but the lettuce looked creepy). It was all supposed to go over linguini, but I have spaghetti. My cheese sauce needed a fruity bubbling wine and I only had rice vinegar.

It was ok.

by Anonymousreply 44March 6, 2023 3:22 AM

Here ya go. Chicken Salina.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45March 6, 2023 4:28 AM

R6 is a fucking moron. What are "glowing nutrients?"

by Anonymousreply 46March 6, 2023 5:47 PM

^bump

by Anonymousreply 47March 7, 2023 9:46 PM

roasted vegetables and a green salad.

by Anonymousreply 48March 7, 2023 9:47 PM

Though still hours away, I'm excited for Hong Kong style T-Bone tonight! It's marinated in Oyster Sauce, and Shao Hsing wine; Grilled rare, and served over Chinese Greens fried with garlic. Rice on the side.

by Anonymousreply 49March 15, 2023 11:20 PM

It's crawfish season - just ate 6 pounds of freshly-boiled crawfish and topped it off with some delicious bread pudding.

by Anonymousreply 50March 15, 2023 11:22 PM

Cheeseburgers and tater tots!

by Anonymousreply 51March 15, 2023 11:34 PM

Tri tip, Maine lobster tail, shrimp scampi, salad, and bread

by Anonymousreply 52March 15, 2023 11:43 PM

Shrimp scampi

by Anonymousreply 53March 15, 2023 11:43 PM

chipolte

by Anonymousreply 54March 15, 2023 11:53 PM

I had turkey Kielbasa with brown rice and beans. I am having a French press decaf, coffee, and an apple for dessert

by Anonymousreply 55March 16, 2023 12:07 AM

what French press do you use?

by Anonymousreply 56March 16, 2023 12:08 AM

leftover chicken

by Anonymousreply 57March 18, 2023 1:20 AM

A frozen pizza (cheese, sausage, mushrooms, and onions on thin crust) made by a local company in Southeastern Wisconsin, OP.

Delicious.

by Anonymousreply 58March 18, 2023 1:24 AM

I almost never have a real meal for dinner anymore. I typically have a light snack of about 3 whole grain crackers with some nut butter or coconut yogurt. Or I'll have a fruit, typically an apple, orange or banana.

by Anonymousreply 59March 18, 2023 1:35 AM

I'm having spinach & cheese strata from the linked recipe, made with pepperjack cheese instead of gruyere. I mixed it up yesterday, chilled it overnight, & baked it this morning -- so I only had to heat up a serving for dinner. Great texture & flavor, very filling -- I had some fresh radishes with it, plus a New Zealand pinot noir.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60March 18, 2023 2:21 AM

Steak burritos from our local Mexican takeout place. We have Mexican food EVERY Friday night. Uno tradicion.

by Anonymousreply 61March 18, 2023 2:26 AM

que bueno

by Anonymousreply 62March 18, 2023 2:49 AM

I wonder if the meat is uncut...

by Anonymousreply 63March 18, 2023 3:31 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!