Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Josh Groban's SWEENEY TODD first Curtain Call

Seems they were milking the audience for applause.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 22, 2023 6:02 AM

Saw him featured on CBS Sunday Morning. He’s a super talent and will excel in this. I’d love to see it.

by Anonymousreply 1March 19, 2023 4:37 PM

The set is very interesting, with the whole thing set at an unexpected angle. I think that's clever and I would like to see this show.

by Anonymousreply 2March 19, 2023 4:44 PM

It's good. AnnaLeigh Ashford is the standout, a very funny Mrs. Lovett.

by Anonymousreply 3March 26, 2023 4:02 AM

Josh Groban sucks cocks and swallows cum IN HELL!!!!

by Anonymousreply 4March 26, 2023 4:05 AM

Groban sounds wonderful, such a beautiful voice. The weak link is the very beautiful Jordan Fisher.

by Anonymousreply 5March 26, 2023 4:08 AM

Will this be doing a national tour?

by Anonymousreply 6March 26, 2023 2:20 PM

Annaleigh mugs waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much. She needs a very solid director to keep her grounded and reeled in. In Kinky Boots, her performance continued to devolve from opening night into a scenery chewing, tic-filled, affectation addled mess. It was beyond unprofessional and distracting.

She has a good Lovett in her, but Nellie Lovett can be seen because ANNALEIGH is in her way.

by Anonymousreply 7March 26, 2023 2:57 PM

R7, she got huge, consistent audience reaction. She is just the antidote for what is otherwise a very macabre show.

by Anonymousreply 8March 26, 2023 4:02 PM

National tour? We've been doing this in Branson, MO for years.

by Anonymousreply 9March 28, 2023 8:23 PM

I would pay a small fortune to see Tanya Tucker as Mrs. Lovett.

by Anonymousreply 10March 29, 2023 12:31 AM

^If you were a rich man....

by Anonymousreply 11March 29, 2023 6:35 AM

I saw it tonight! I thought it was fantastic. The staging was dark and exciting. Standing O for Josh and Annaleigh.

by Anonymousreply 12July 22, 2023 3:58 AM

The show is earning roughly $2,000,000.00 each week.

by Anonymousreply 13July 22, 2023 5:49 AM

And with only seven performances a week.

by Anonymousreply 14July 22, 2023 6:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!