Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How do you respond when someone calls you ugly when you ARE ugly?

See title

by Anonymousreply 39March 4, 2023 8:33 PM

If the person's attractive, you could say there's nothing uglier than a sadist - or mean-spirited bully.

If they have any flaws, you might draw attention to them.

Or there's the old reliable, "Go fuck yourself."

by Anonymousreply 1March 4, 2023 1:18 AM

In real life, people should only be despised for their behaviour, not their appearance.

I’d opt for”Go fuck yourself” too. It’s a classic for a reason.

by Anonymousreply 2March 4, 2023 1:25 AM

Blink a few times and say “and? so what?”

by Anonymousreply 3March 4, 2023 2:17 AM

'At least I'm not a cunt like you'

by Anonymousreply 4March 4, 2023 2:18 AM

Maybe stop hanging out in road houses and pool halls. Cultivate classier surroundings.

I guess you could say, “And what do you get out of telling me this?”

by Anonymousreply 5March 4, 2023 2:18 AM

I am beautiful on the inside and i can see that you arenot.

by Anonymousreply 6March 4, 2023 2:48 AM

Hit play:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7March 4, 2023 3:08 AM

"And you're an amoral, spiteful cunt. What about it?" 😱

by Anonymousreply 8March 4, 2023 3:12 AM

I know you are but what am i!

by Anonymousreply 9March 4, 2023 3:13 AM

I'm no oil painting, and I don't even remotely remotely resemble the Elephant Man, but I've been called ugly a few times. The last time someone called me ugly, in my twenties at a house party, I punched him in the face. I like to think I taught him a lesson that night.

Admittedly, my behaviour was ugly on that occasion.

by Anonymousreply 10March 4, 2023 3:18 AM

Awwww R10 sorry that happened to you. But that punch is a reflex! What can you do?

People I barely knew used to nag me about my smoking cigarettes in college. One time I was at a party outside smoking a cigarette. Some girl I didn’t even know started lecturing me about smoking. I couldn’t take it anymore! I finished my cigarette, flicked it at her and walked away. It felt awesome!

by Anonymousreply 11March 4, 2023 3:23 AM

Thanks R11. And good for you, that nagging bitch had that coming! I'm normally very reserved and polite, but a gut full of beer and pent up rage gave way that night! It did start something of a brawl, and I'm embarassed to say that the next thing I did was very MARY! Somebody had grabbed my boyfriend and dragged him to the ground, so I hit the guy over the head with my beer bottle before we were hustled into a taxi by friends.

by Anonymousreply 12March 4, 2023 3:29 AM

I honestly wouldn't know. I imagine for someone this applies to, a witty retort is needed. But I have no point of reference for this situation.

by Anonymousreply 13March 4, 2023 3:34 AM

Who are these people who go around telling people they're ugly right to their face?

by Anonymousreply 14March 4, 2023 3:35 AM

I would consider how I found myself in such surroundings.

But for me, there would be very little word play and quite the bit of ass kicking.

How did you find yourself there in the beginning? Appearance, charisma and confidence determine how people talk to you. Did you just lack all 3?

by Anonymousreply 15March 4, 2023 3:48 AM

Don't move a facial muscle. You heard nothing. Get it?

by Anonymousreply 16March 4, 2023 3:51 AM

"I assume that was meant to hurt me. You didn't succeed."

by Anonymousreply 17March 4, 2023 4:06 AM

“Is this your usual pickup line?”

by Anonymousreply 18March 4, 2023 4:13 AM

You could do worse!

by Anonymousreply 19March 4, 2023 5:10 AM

Yes, but I will still be ugly tomorrow, whereas, you will be sober.

by Anonymousreply 20March 4, 2023 5:18 AM

“You’re think you’re attractive? Not with that ugly personality of yours. Your personal hygiene is bad too…I can smell your ______ from here. “

by Anonymousreply 21March 4, 2023 5:42 AM

How about "maybe, but I've got a HUGE dick!"

(lie if you have to. It's not like you're gonna pull it out).

by Anonymousreply 22March 4, 2023 5:45 AM

"Beauty is skin deep

Ugly's to the bone

Beauty always fades away

But ugly is to the bone"

by Anonymousreply 23March 4, 2023 5:48 AM

"You've just set off my cunt alarm."

This can be used in many different situations.

by Anonymousreply 24March 4, 2023 5:49 AM

Okay. I fucked that up.

"Beauty is skin deep

Ugly is to the bone

Beauty always fades away

But ugly holds its own

by Anonymousreply 25March 4, 2023 5:50 AM

I was trying to maneuver through a really crowded bar in New Orleans and someone bumped me and I barely spilled a drop on a guy who I was squeezing past. I think I even said I was sorry but my back was to him and he may not have heard me but the next thing I heard was (and it was a gay bar) "clumsy faggot!" I ignored that and kept trying to get through the bar and then I heard "Ugly!"

That was it. He'd pressed the wrong button and I turned around, made my way back to him and poked him in the chest repeatedly and just said "I'm not ugly!" We stared each other down and finally he said "well you're still clumsy!"

That was it. I could live with being called clumsy. I walked away. Never saw him again.

by Anonymousreply 26March 4, 2023 6:18 AM

I wouldn't know, ask G

by Anonymousreply 27March 4, 2023 6:27 AM

The correct response is this:

"Bitch, YOU so ugly you look like you just fell outta the ugly tree and hit every dam branch on the way down!"

by Anonymousreply 28March 4, 2023 6:48 AM

OP, who said this to you?

I suspect this happened to you as a child, and you still believe it.

Am I correct?

OP, you need to define who you are, all on your own. Ugly or gorgeous, it doesn’t matter.

Living through the perceptions of others will never bode well for you in the short term or long run.

Good luck.

by Anonymousreply 29March 4, 2023 6:57 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 30March 4, 2023 7:14 AM

"How you do amuse, mon petit."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31March 4, 2023 8:13 AM

A person calling someone ugly says more about them than about the person in question.

by Anonymousreply 32March 4, 2023 8:16 AM

“Then why are you trying to fuck me?”

by Anonymousreply 33March 4, 2023 8:19 AM

I was called ugly when I was 11 years old in the 6th grade by someone who I considered my friend and I have forgotten it. It was outside of a class at the water bubbler and I made a face at her and she said “you are SO ugly”.

It took years for it to be undone.

by Anonymousreply 34March 4, 2023 8:25 AM

[quote]It took years for it to be undone.

Why when you were 'making a face at her'?

by Anonymousreply 35March 4, 2023 10:44 AM

It's what we do!

by Anonymousreply 36March 4, 2023 10:49 AM

r34! You taunted, and got taunted back! Jeez Louise, it doesn't take an Einstein...!

by Anonymousreply 37March 4, 2023 7:14 PM

R37 I didn’t taunt her. I never would have taunted her. If I can remember, I made a face at a story she was telling and was reacting to the story. It was a shocked face or WTF face and she looked at me and said “oh my god you are SO ugly”.

I was never mean or a bully when I was that age. I wanted everyone to like me.

That changed by junior high.

by Anonymousreply 38March 4, 2023 7:22 PM

I say, "I know".

by Anonymousreply 39March 4, 2023 8:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!