Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

My ex ghosted me but I still miss him

My ex cheated (though always denied it) and ended things by ghosting me. The only time I've heard from him in the past month is when a friend of his saw me out with another guy. He told my ex who then called and texted me. When I tried reaching out again there was no reply. I can't get over our amazing sex and chemistry but he's clearly done. How can I just forget and move on? I'm really quite depressed over it.

by Anonymousreply 10March 3, 2023 3:44 PM

I'm sorry. It may always hurt a little, but it will be less over time. I had that happen years ago. I played this song a lot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 3, 2023 4:40 AM

OP, This is the greatest song ever to recover from a broken heart. It really works. Listen to it 3 times every day. Brilliant song that ends with a celebration of walking away from your type of situation.

Here's the translation if you need it.

Until I met you (by Juan Gabriel)

I didn't know what sadness means, I didn't know what tears mean, These tears that make me cry,I didn't know I knew only about affection, tenderness, Because ever since I was little, That's what my mother taught me, That's what my mother taught me This and much more

I never suffered I never cried I was so happy My life was great

oh

My life was so different, something beautiful, divine Full of happiness I knew only about joy, about the beauty of life, I didn't know about loneliness, no About loneliness and so many other things too I never suffered, I never cried, I was so happy....My life was great

Chorus(x2) Until I...met you, I started to see life with pain I'm not lying you, I was happy, Even though with so little love, And I realized too late, That I shouldn't have loved, Because now I think only of you, More than yesterday, much more

I never suffered, I never cried, I was so happy... Until I met you

Now I want you to tell me Whether it was worth or not the trouble Of meeting you Because I don't believe you anymore And you were so bad Yes, you were so bad with me That's why I never want I never want to see you

Leave,leave, go... go away, I don't want you I never want to see you Leave

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2March 3, 2023 10:44 AM

It's hard to tell you what to do because we don't know how long you guys were together. I think I would go to his work or home if we were dating for any real amount of time. I wouldn't let him weasel out of an ugly confrontation with me. That's the whole point of ghosting someone and I wouldn't let him get away with that.

by Anonymousreply 3March 3, 2023 1:28 PM

I’ve been here before. You’re suffering a lot more than him, he’s moved on, and you should just move on too. One glaring sign of obsessive compulsive disorder and narcissistic behavior is to think you should have the last word, or have control over the situation and this is wrong thinking.

The truth is someone can seem perfect for you but you are not perfect for them and it’s ok. That’s not the lesson you were meant to learn from this- learn to love yourself and pick up the pieces and move on. Otherwise you will become embittered and lost in loneliness. Don’t, just don’t.

As terrible and unfair as it may seem, the experience will make you stronger and more grateful when the right man does com along, but work in yourself for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 4March 3, 2023 1:44 PM

For the love of gawd, CLIMB ON ANOTHER DICK!

by Anonymousreply 5March 3, 2023 1:46 PM

You sound healthy, OP.

by Anonymousreply 6March 3, 2023 2:07 PM

Getting ghosted is the worst! Hang in there, OP. Distract yourself and do not contact him!!!! Don’t don’t don’t.

by Anonymousreply 7March 3, 2023 2:42 PM

Ghosting you is one thing. Ghosting and then calling and texting when he’s afraid you’ve moved on is another.

Do everything you can think of to get over this manipulative, lying cheater! You can wallow. You can make a firm resolve to go to the gym. You can bore your friends. Just DON’T romanticize him. He cheated on you and lied about it.

Or, of course, you can try to get him to come back and lie and betray you some more.

by Anonymousreply 8March 3, 2023 3:25 PM

R5 You sound like a simpleton who is incapable of emotion, much less love. Losing someone you care deeply about hurts.....for awhile. I've read it takes 3 months for every year you were together......to fully get over someone.

by Anonymousreply 9March 3, 2023 3:44 PM

Have you tried making a voodoo doll of him? And while the prices of everything seems to be skyrocketing, pins are still about the same as a decade ago.

by Anonymousreply 10March 3, 2023 3:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!