Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Roald Dahl books were neutered by 'non-binary, asexual, polyamorous relationship anarchist who is on the autism spectrum'

Here they are.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100April 23, 2023 8:56 AM

They’s bio! Lmfao.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 3, 2023 12:50 AM

Because of course they were.

by Anonymousreply 2March 3, 2023 12:51 AM

“Jo Ross-Barrett is an experienced writer, editor and inclusion consultant. They are also a queer autistic non-binary person with depression and anxiety. Jo has a Distinction-grade MSc in Publishing and was the guest editor for the first-ever disabled and neurodivergent people's edition of Shoreline of Infinity.“

by Anonymousreply 3March 3, 2023 12:51 AM

It’s their time. These people created the digital world. We’re all slaves now to their bs.

by Anonymousreply 4March 3, 2023 12:52 AM

Jo is a killjo(y).

by Anonymousreply 5March 3, 2023 12:52 AM

She sounds like a 21st century update on the sort of obnoxious, self indulgent, self-aggrandizing and deluded characters Dahl was so good at lampooning.

by Anonymousreply 6March 3, 2023 12:56 AM

R1 just…so many words; so little meaningful information relayed.

It seems longer than it probably was, when you could say “Hi I’m David“ and the tone of voice and any lingering eye contact did the rest. Nor does it seem that long ago that these same people didn’t want “labels” and now if you have high pitched farts you get a label for your Twitter bio and your own flag

by Anonymousreply 7March 3, 2023 1:01 AM

This DLer is a gay man who’s not sure why he’s mentioning it as it’s his own business and he is fully aware no one gives a shit. Furthermore he has gallstones and astigmatism and had anxiety a few years back as apparently it’s important to mention this information.

by Anonymousreply 8March 3, 2023 1:05 AM

[quote] Nor does it seem that long ago that these same people didn’t want “labels” and now if you have high pitched farts you get a label for your Twitter bio and your own flag

I am a lesbian under age 35 with diagnosed Asperger's and depression, and I've never had sex either. And I would die before telling anyone these things about me off-anon, besides my Doctor and therapist behind closed doors with confidentiality firmly in place. I consider it need-to-know information, and unless I'm strapped to a gurney, my family and my employer and my community and my wider social circle and general social media do need to know.

It's embarrassing, and while I'm working on dissolving shame around my life conditions, I'm also not 'yasss hunty proud' of living with them like society seems to want. I don't think it's funny or cute or appropriate or even helpful to brag when you have a social/emotional disorder, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone, so why do kids cosplay having it?

Really, I don't understand my generation's need to self-disclose everything publicly. I sometimes think I was born at the wrong time, or that I'm the only sane younger person in a world gone mad.

by Anonymousreply 9March 3, 2023 1:10 AM

[quote] I don't think it's funny or cute or appropriate or even helpful to brag when you have a social/emotional disorder, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone, so why do kids cosplay having it?

Couldn’t have said it better R9. And we’re all experts in having shit to deal with, the thought of defining or introducing myself by it makes me nauseous. I came up in roughly the same gen as yourself most likely, and pushed for the right to just be known as “my name” without any other label, and proud of it. As you do, I manage my own shit in privacy of my personal and therapeutic relationships, and take a sense of pride in being stoical about it, as that’s my own strength.

by Anonymousreply 10March 3, 2023 1:20 AM

How can you be asexual and polyamorous?

by Anonymousreply 11March 3, 2023 1:37 AM

Ha! Very true, r11. These people are ludicrous.

by Anonymousreply 12March 3, 2023 1:56 AM

R11, 'they' probably define 'asexual' as plain old celibate/never been laid.

by Anonymousreply 13March 3, 2023 1:58 AM

You can't just say you're this and then you're that.

You can't say you're 6'5" if you're really 5'2".

by Anonymousreply 14March 3, 2023 2:08 AM

So, another lesser creative who is jealous and wants to destroy the works of others out of spite.

by Anonymousreply 15March 3, 2023 2:10 AM

When did we start taking these people seriously? How did they gain so much power? Who was afraid to tell this woman “no”?

by Anonymousreply 16March 3, 2023 2:10 AM

R11, as a body ravaged by generational exhaustion, performing the extremely draining emotional labor of telling you this is not my responsibility, but just this one time:

STOP COMMITTING LITERAL GENOCIDE! DO BETTER!

There. You've taken my last spoon. Happy now?

by Anonymousreply 17March 3, 2023 2:17 AM

I’m exhausted just reading that bio.

by Anonymousreply 18March 3, 2023 6:01 AM

Not descriptive enough, I demand a human genome project style text print out of your entire genetic code and answers to a six thousand question survey on ethics and personal preferences before I know it's safe to interact with you.

by Anonymousreply 19March 3, 2023 6:06 AM

Remember when gay men were the vanguard?

Meanwhile, why the fuck does Roald Dahl deserve anything special?

Wasn't he a wife beating alcoholic?

That's the hero you're defending dumb fucks.

by Anonymousreply 20March 3, 2023 6:16 AM

[quote]How can you be asexual and polyamorous?

“I’m down to fuck anybody, but nobody ever asks.”

by Anonymousreply 21March 3, 2023 6:18 AM

R20, fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 22March 3, 2023 7:50 AM

[quote] It’s their time. These people created the digital world.

What the fuck are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 23March 3, 2023 7:50 AM

R20, wtf are you yapping about? “The Wizard of Oz” was written by a genocidal idiot. Would you prefer that your precious Judy Garland never had her breakout role? Dahl’s books are terrific.

by Anonymousreply 24March 3, 2023 7:52 AM

r21 BINGO

by Anonymousreply 25March 3, 2023 8:08 AM

"Disabled" = Just a Mentally Ill (neurodiverge t) & Unfuckable (look at her) Fat (lots of fatties claim disability) one stealing spot/recognition from the real disabled people

by Anonymousreply 26March 3, 2023 8:55 AM

It hit all the right buzz words in describing itself. Attention everyone!

by Anonymousreply 27March 3, 2023 8:59 AM

Yesterday I had a 20 minute "chat" with an autistic person enrolled in my college course about "their" needs and expectations of me. !!!!

This is some kind of new autism because perviously they were not socially alpha.

Or it's not autism at ALL. It's some kind of nasty narcissism dressed up in a diagnosis that cannot be questioned.

by Anonymousreply 28March 3, 2023 9:04 AM

Good fucking grief, r28. What were their "needs" and "expectations"?

One is left with the impression that unless we were to

1) roll out a red carpet, lined by clapping and smiling NPC's, and then 2) welcome them to class with a buffet of their favourite foods, then 3) hold their hand throughout every tutorial, before 4) finishing by grading their very poor work as Brilliant,

then one will be sacked.

Oh wait. That IS what has happened. Almost.

by Anonymousreply 29March 3, 2023 9:13 AM

I'm just tired as hell of a tiny group of Dataloungers who are all very obviously afflicted with some kind of personality disorder themselves, CONSTANTLY posting about various individual people who are also afflicted with some kind of personality disorder, and expecting -- nay, demanding -- that all of us get outraged about it.

Every day there's maybe 50 new posts on DL and 30 of them are THIS shit. "Look at this tiresome attention whore!" screams the tiresome attention whore.

by Anonymousreply 30March 3, 2023 9:17 AM

Well I got a form about their issues through the "special nut cases" office (the real title is in Fahrenheit speak and French) and one doesn't want to fuck with that layer of deans. This persons needs boil down to panic attacks which can be "mild" to "extreme" due to "15 years of bullying" and what I was supposed to do in the case of each variety of panic attact to come. I try to thread a needle where I clearly express that I will be neutral about whatever freak out they are going to have, but it is NOT possible for me to implicated much in personal attention to the "health problems" (I like using this term) as I am not "trained" and "not charged" to provide such care. So I try to negotiate what they will accept when I pay attention but cannot respond to them at length because I have a class to teach. This one said I could suggest they call their father during such an attack, and their father would deal with the fit, as he knows how. Hmmm. This is an adult person. Sheesh. I also said I get many many forms now every semester so don't feel like their needs are special, they are now routine. This didn't land right. Nothing every lands right with these folks.

by Anonymousreply 31March 3, 2023 9:26 AM

Good luck to you, r31.

by Anonymousreply 32March 3, 2023 9:31 AM

I for one welcome our non-binary, asexual, polyamorous relationship anarchist who is on the autism spectrum overlords.

by Anonymousreply 33March 3, 2023 9:32 AM

It’s like the nuttiest cases from tumblr are now running the asylum.

I’m on tumblr myself for a few fandoms, it can be fun but the emotional oversharing and extreme sensitivity gets tiresome sometimes.

I think I reached the point of “okay this is TOO much” when my doctor’s appointment registration form now requires you to state what gender you IDENTIFY as. Madness.

by Anonymousreply 34March 3, 2023 9:35 AM

Really?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35March 3, 2023 10:02 AM

They want a world in which nothing insulting or cruel is every said. If that means removing all spontaneity and humor and turning all previous creations over to mentally ill sensitives to be censored then so be it. If you object then you are an objectively evil person and should be not only denied what you want but punished.

This is not a sustainable method for producing art or governing.

by Anonymousreply 36March 3, 2023 10:13 AM

They is feeding the DeSantis fire while he's climbing up the charts.

by Anonymousreply 37March 3, 2023 10:15 AM

Nevermind your petty concerns, r36. The Woke have a solution:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38March 3, 2023 10:19 AM

R20 That’s an argument on par with “Harvey Weinstein is scum so he doesn’t deserve a lawyer to represent him and fuck the foundations of the Western criminal law.”

I’ve never heard anything good about Dahl as a person but he’s still the author of these books. If this sensitivity reader spent from six months to two miserable lonely years writing their own book, they’d be up in arms if right-wingers later came and rewrote it according to conservative tastes. But why not? What you can do can be done to you.

And what’s next? Rewriting Mein Kampf to make it palatable to modern sensibilities? How about Greek myths? They are chock-full of rapes and murders, and so is The Old Testament. Do it. Only don’t throw a tantrum and act all surprised when someone else later corrects your clean version to turn it into something even more heinous than what it was in the first place, you endorsed the principle.

by Anonymousreply 39March 3, 2023 10:46 AM

[quote]They is feeding the DeSantis fire while he's climbing up the charts.

There were a minimum of 50 people on that "HBO removed Gone With the Wind" thread who said that Trump was a lock to win in 2020 because of what "the hard left" and "the woke" were doing.

Saying the same thing about this situation is even more stupid than it was three years ago.

If you want to stroke out every time some nutty individual employee does something with the approval of their employer, go right ahead, but please stop telling us that all Democrats everywhere are going to immediately turn Republican because of it.

by Anonymousreply 40March 3, 2023 10:49 AM

[quote]I’ve never heard anything good about Dahl as a person but he’s still the author of these books

And his estate sold the rights to the books to this publishing company, who can now release edited copies of his works if they want.

Welcome to capitalism, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 41March 3, 2023 10:50 AM

Linky, r40?

by Anonymousreply 42March 3, 2023 10:52 AM

R9- All this is augmented to an absurd level on the internet. I have pretty pronounced mental health challenges, as well, and getting off social media completely was better for my symptoms than medication. I highly recommend that anyone going through serious depression/anxiety stay off social media completely for 48 hours, significantly limit non-work texting, see how you feel at the end of it, and adjust your usage going forward accordingly.

by Anonymousreply 43March 3, 2023 10:56 AM

I see no link is availiable from r40.

by Anonymousreply 44March 3, 2023 11:00 AM

It was inevitable that privileged white women would latch on to victimization language as an excuse to boss people around.

Karen 2.0

by Anonymousreply 45March 3, 2023 11:13 AM

Will also add the industries with high percentages of privileged, educated white women like publishing will become crazier and crazier as these new Karens flex their power

by Anonymousreply 46March 3, 2023 11:20 AM

Believe me, if it suddenly became PC to say you were a Black slave in a past life, these women would be doing it constantly.

by Anonymousreply 47March 3, 2023 11:21 AM

These chubby, plain nerdy women (black and white) have long been ignored by their bosses and invisible to men. They’re also indistinguishable from one another in school and in the workplace and they know this. This whole identity thing is an attempt to stand and yes, this woman is finally getting the attention she craves…but for the wrong reasons.

by Anonymousreply 48March 3, 2023 11:30 AM

Stand out ^

by Anonymousreply 49March 3, 2023 11:30 AM

OP you stupid cunt no one on DL gives a shit about Roald Dahl.

by Anonymousreply 50March 3, 2023 11:33 AM

"Women', r48? What's that?

"Men" r48? What are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 51March 3, 2023 11:41 AM

Why do promising discussions like these always devolve into circlejerks of “white women are the devil”?

by Anonymousreply 52March 3, 2023 11:44 AM

I’m not a fan of Ronald Dahl but I don’t want anyone censoring his books. How about not buying his books if you don’t like them. That’s what I do.

How can someone who is so clearly mentally ill be given so much influence over what people read.

by Anonymousreply 53March 3, 2023 11:47 AM

r52, I don't know of you experience on other threads, but have you actually *read* Roald Dahl?

by Anonymousreply 54March 3, 2023 11:50 AM

R54 I have read Dahl, both his childrens’ books and a few of his adult collections. I fail to understand to what you are alluding.

R53 exactly—WHET “you have the right not to be offended”. E.g. personally I think ‘50 Shades’ and ‘erotic’ airport novels of that ilk are empty and misogynistic rubbish, offensive both to feminism and to thinking literate people. I think the same about certain sexploitative pulp/genre fiction (pre 1990s sci-Fi I am staring at you!), and about Playboy/FHM/skin mags. But if countless drones like it and support it and want to buy such publications, what right have I to naysay the whole genre and demand it be banned? I’m not the ultimate arbiter of taste and quality control and decency in fiction, nor is anyone else and nor should they be. As you fucking were.

by Anonymousreply 55March 3, 2023 11:57 AM

[quote] This is some kind of new autism because perviously they were not socially alpha.

Many studies mapping the gender cult show that the majority of trans identified people today are women and autistic, that is comorbidity with the supposed gender dysphoria.

This movement is hijacking vulnerable autistic kids for the sake of their fetish. It's literal child abuse.

by Anonymousreply 56March 3, 2023 11:58 AM

r55 Just reading your comment, I don't believe that you have ever read unedited Dahl- that is if you ever read anything at all by him. Don't lie to someone like me. There's no point. Whatever you read is what you read, and you should be yourself and 'back' yourself. If it speaks to you, if you like it, then that is all that matters.

by Anonymousreply 57March 3, 2023 12:03 PM

R40 You're not very bright, dear.

by Anonymousreply 58March 3, 2023 12:09 PM

R20, if Dahl was such a monster, why keep reissuing his books? Why keep peddling them to kids through bowdlerized movies and neutered editions? Why not let his legacy fade away, and instead promote books by new writers, perhaps minority or gay writers?

It's because of the $$$$ they just can't pass up. Dahl's books sell. Books by some unknown new writer might not.

"Oh, he was just a terrible monster with all this ableism and racism and fatphobia! So here's yet another edition of his books to buy! But we've fixed it, don't worry!"

by Anonymousreply 59March 3, 2023 12:10 PM

Well, r59, good POINT.

Either publish unpalatable Dahl or don't publish him at all.

by Anonymousreply 60March 3, 2023 12:13 PM

R57 are you alright? I haven’t a clue what you’re babbling about, much less insinuating. You seem delusional. Or just like someone belligerent and angry who doesn’t listen well.

Like most British-born people I’ve read ‘Fantastic Mr. Fox’ (my favourite of his), Esio Trot’, ‘’The BFG’, ‘James & The Giant Peach’, ‘The Twits’, ‘George’s Marvellous Medicine’, The Witches’, ‘Matilda’, ‘Charlie & The Chocolate Factory’ etc. early in life. Most of his works for children have passed through my hands at some point, I expect, as I devoured books in childhood. As for adulthood, I’ve read several the Uncle Oswald stories (anthologised iirc in ‘Kiss Kiss’ and ‘Switch Bitch’), the horror anthology ‘Skin’, and the short story compendium ‘Someone Like You’ (the tale ‘Galloping Foxley’ stands out, it’s really funny and strange).

Are you satisfied?

by Anonymousreply 61March 3, 2023 12:16 PM

Girls, girls…white women have to neuter their gender to get attention, while white men have to put on a dress and makeup. Get it straight!

by Anonymousreply 62March 3, 2023 12:21 PM

Or maybe it's you, r61 who is ill.

So you claim to have read the near-entire of Dahl and still dismiss him as easily as you di in your previous comment?

Or, as seems, obvious, did you go to a Roald Dahl website and copy and paste a list of his works in order to scold me as only a liar can do?

You are a liar r61, I know it, you know it, you hate it, and I don't care.

by Anonymousreply 63March 3, 2023 12:23 PM

R52 because the whole woke / identity politics movement has been facilitated by chubby female nerds, white and black. The type who always need to boss people around but for the most part are ignored by a society that celebrates women who look like Kim Kardashian. These women are smart but not as smart as they think they are and they’re doing a lot of damage now.

They’re also typically heavily emotionally invested in “fandoms,” especially Harry Potter, which is why JK Rowling’s common sense comments have made her a target. These fandoms operate in lockstep; no divergence in opinion allowed. How DARE Rowling have her own opinions and express them!

These women are emotionally fragile and needy and stupid and they lack nuance in every aspect of their arguments. They’re the female version of incels and just as dangerous. As someone said above, avoiding social media is the only way to turn these shrieking portly piranhas off.

by Anonymousreply 64March 3, 2023 12:30 PM

R64, you've described the person to whom you're responding in every way except that she happens not to be pro-trans.

by Anonymousreply 65March 3, 2023 12:33 PM

R38, totalitarian governments are always frightening. Why do you think so many people are afraid of the Trump/Putin/Xi style of government?

The movement that is actually hiding the real reason people have dysphoria is deflecting to try to get individuals themselves to be the target of online attacks, which in turn gives them the appearance of being an oppressed group. They are disabled; they are suffering; they are even suicidal. But what is constantly being buried is the underlying reason for their suffering. In your fear of “Chairman Mao” you on the right don’t want to let any part of “the masses” ask for things that would make their lives better.

But the current “left” isn’t the human rights champion it claims to be either; it only partially cares about human rights; some policies are cover ups for long ago medical mistakes that haven’t been fixed over the course of decades.

You do not have to look very hard to see why so many people have dysphoria. It’s a common, well known side effect of medication that has increasingly been used over the past 30 years.

And the economy is falling apart based on the aftermath of the Reagan lie, which many moderate Democrats who are socially liberal still believe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66March 3, 2023 12:49 PM

OP is the anti-trans cunt who is off his meds again.

by Anonymousreply 67March 3, 2023 12:54 PM

If Roald Dahl had not written the screenplay for the James Bond film “You only live twice” and/or married Patricia Neal no one would remember who he was.

And yes I did have the misfortune of reading James and the giant peach.

by Anonymousreply 68March 3, 2023 1:18 PM

[quote]They are also a queer autistic non-binary person with depression and anxiety

We used to call these people "ugly".

by Anonymousreply 69March 3, 2023 1:36 PM

“Although antidepressants may provide a small benefit over placebo over the short term, there have now been a number of studies concluding that these drugs increase the risk that a person will become chronically depressed over the long term. Researchers have dubbed this drug-induced worsening “tardive dysphoria,” meaning that SSRIs are causing a biological change that often leads to persistent dysphoria, a state of profound unease or dissatisfaction.” “About 20 years ago, however, pharmaceutical companies began marketing atypical antipsychotics around the world. The results of that effort are now becoming clear. In a recent study funded by Eli Lilly, in which patients with schizophrenia in 37 countries were maintained on antipsychotics for three years, the better outcomes in the developing countries disappeared. They were now as poor as in the developed countries.“

There is increasing evidence that these medicines- which 1 in every 5 adults in America takes - make people unhappy in the long term. And there was plenty to be unhappy about in the first place, without having an illness as the objective cause of the unhappiness. We need actual real life positive change, not various ad hominem attacks on the internet. And the people saying “she’s ugly” - is that the limit of your social-political commentary?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70March 3, 2023 2:52 PM

That bio reads like one of the parody Twitter accounts like Ann Lesby

by Anonymousreply 71March 3, 2023 3:00 PM

:Waves hand wildly:

I know this one, R11! Unlike asexual monogamists, who don’t fuck their partner, asexual polyamorists don’t fuck a whole bunch of people!

by Anonymousreply 72March 3, 2023 3:01 PM

I wish that these consultants would put more fun into their bios:

Hey, I'm Fred the Cancerian from New Jersey I like collecting records and exploring the cave of the unknown!

Hello, I'm Cindy, I'm a Pisces and I like Chihuahuas and Chinese noodles!

by Anonymousreply 73March 3, 2023 3:06 PM

This blurring of the public and the private in one's résumé is de rigeur: I think that Grace Lavery (am I allowed to mention him?) introduces himself as an academic, alcoholic and trans woman, or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 74March 3, 2023 3:15 PM

[quote] Grace Lavery (am I allowed to mention him?) introduces himself as an academic, alcoholic and trans woman.

Unemployable people like this get hired and promoted up for good money, while perfectly regular stable people in obscurity can't get jobs.

by Anonymousreply 75March 3, 2023 3:34 PM

What IS a polyamorous asexual? Someone who fucks around and doesn't enjoy it?

by Anonymousreply 76March 3, 2023 3:36 PM

It's the same nonsensical contradiction as those who identify as nonbinary AND trans. Figure that one out.

by Anonymousreply 77March 3, 2023 3:38 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 78March 3, 2023 3:46 PM

These things are exhausting. Seriously, is this what the later generations have raised with the "everyone is so special and gets a trophy"?

Bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 79March 3, 2023 3:47 PM

[quote]I know this one, [R11]! Unlike asexual monogamists, who don’t fuck their partner, asexual polyamorists don’t fuck a whole bunch of people!

Some asexuals will have sex with a partner (usually occurs in 'mixed' sexual/asexual partnerships). They're just not sexually attracted to their partner. In most cases, they are only romantically attracted to their partner and engage for the emotional connection and intimacy. But the purely sexual/physical drive to have sex with someone is completely absent.

For the record, I'm technically asexual though I keep it mostly to myself and just say I'm gay (since I'm romantically same-sex attracted) because these are the types of people who represent asexuals and I don't want to be associated with them. I miss the days when asexuality was obscure and most people had no idea what it even was. Good times. Now a lot of people (mostly teens) are claiming it for attention and social media clout.

by Anonymousreply 80March 3, 2023 3:48 PM

Asexuals even have a catchy nickname now! Ace! How jaunty.

by Anonymousreply 81March 3, 2023 3:51 PM

Okay perhaps this is a generation of kids whose mothers were on too many anti-depressants and mood altering drugs? Let's not forget the pharma drugs in our water supply.

by Anonymousreply 82March 3, 2023 3:54 PM

R81 ummmm actually it's a spectrum soooooo??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83March 3, 2023 3:55 PM

r83 It's really not (I know you're being sarcastic). But yeah, that "spectrum" classification is ridiculous and unnecessarily complicated. It's just a lack of sexual attraction. Period. There is no spectrum. It is a lack of sexual desire and attraction for anyone. Not to be confused with low libido/low sex drive. That is different. It is possible to be asexual and still have a libido. It's just not directed at anyone. Asexuals with libido will usually just masturbate or ignore the physical urge until it goes away.

by Anonymousreply 84March 3, 2023 4:03 PM

Asexuality isn't real, Alice O. Stop taking your suppressors and youll have your drive back.

by Anonymousreply 85March 3, 2023 4:19 PM

r85 M'kay. Have a good day.

by Anonymousreply 86March 3, 2023 4:24 PM

Youre not special just because your frigid.

by Anonymousreply 87March 3, 2023 4:25 PM

r87 I...never claimed to be. So, what exactly is your problem, here?

by Anonymousreply 88March 3, 2023 4:28 PM

^ Wait. On second thought, I don't give a shit. Carry on.

by Anonymousreply 89March 3, 2023 4:28 PM

Activism has turned into the Retard Olympics. Mentally ill narcissists being celebrated for their clownery.

by Anonymousreply 90March 3, 2023 4:30 PM

And Roald Dahl was an antisemite.

I'll take polyamorous over anti-Semitic any day

by Anonymousreply 91March 3, 2023 4:32 PM

Our literary overlordx

by Anonymousreply 92March 3, 2023 4:32 PM

R90, as opposed to third graders like you who use "retard" as an insult.

Maybe when you grow up, you'll think of more clever insults.

by Anonymousreply 93March 3, 2023 4:33 PM

[quote]If you object then you are an objectively evil person and should be not only denied what you want but punished.

I've noticed this a lot in the type of responses to debate now; acting as though disagreement is the equivalent of: "I hate black people and would never hire them" or something plainly bigoted like that. I used to listen to this podcast which reviewed a tv show I liked, and every episode the hosts would find more and more minor things to be outraged by. There was so much language, so many simple words we use, that they decided was offensive. You could be a bad, evil person by using what seems like an innocuous phrase that they deemed a problem. It was very weird, and I gave up on the podcast in the end. But I can see how people can get more and more nervous of opening their mouth in case they put their foot in it and don't understand why.

[quote]Only don’t throw a tantrum and act all surprised when someone else later corrects your clean version to turn it into something even more heinous than what it was in the first place, you endorsed the principle.

I agree with you, but these people, in their minds, just ARE correct. So they'll never see this.

by Anonymousreply 94March 3, 2023 7:55 PM

Boo Radley got a job!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 95March 3, 2023 8:02 PM

Day by day Orwell's 1984 becomes a reality.

by Anonymousreply 96March 3, 2023 8:04 PM

R94, we need a name for this. It's the opposite of "giving the benefit of the doubt." Perhaps "administering the punishment of the doubt"?

Or maybe just the old-fashioned "assuming the worst intent."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97March 3, 2023 8:04 PM

Ahaha, R97! That is what it's like!

by Anonymousreply 98March 3, 2023 8:06 PM

One of the new book covers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99March 3, 2023 10:29 PM

Dahl must be neutered.

The children must be neutered.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100April 23, 2023 8:56 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!