Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why don't celebrities fix their terrible veneers?

Some veneers look absolutely awful. Way too big and white, like a buck-tooth horse.

Dental work is expensive. I understand that an average joe probably wouldn't be able to afford a new set of veneers if the first set turns out badly, but why do rich celebrities not change their veneers? (assuming they're aware of how bad they look?)

Take Hilary Duff and Rylan Clark for example.

by Anonymousreply 20March 3, 2023 11:13 PM

Granny LVP.

by Anonymousreply 1March 3, 2023 12:36 AM

Gaudy people can't resist the whitest and brightest shade. Any dentist who has your back will tell you to get a bit of gray or cream-colored tint.

by Anonymousreply 2March 3, 2023 12:37 AM

It's not just celebrities. I know a well-off attorney whose teeth were fine. A bit imperfect, but a little bonding could've corrected the issue. He now looks like a ridiculous game show host. Very distracting.

by Anonymousreply 3March 3, 2023 12:44 AM

It is a hellacious process and I am sure they don’t want to go through it again if it can be avoided. They shave off the enamel of your teeth until you are left with little nubs. Then wear temporary caps which can fall off. The veneer takes at least a half hour per tooth to put on so you’re in the chair for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 4March 3, 2023 12:59 AM

The day that Jordan Henderson got his teeth done, I cried.

He used to have such adorable and lovely crooked little fangs and a slight overbite. Now his face doesn't look right, it's uncanny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5March 3, 2023 1:03 AM

Why don’t we fix them?

I don’t know….it’s just….you know….I can’t really say.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6March 3, 2023 1:10 AM

Is Hillary Duff still a celebrity? I haven't heard that name in years, but she was cute. Who the fuck is that other guy?

by Anonymousreply 7March 3, 2023 1:18 AM

R7 Rylan Clarke is British TV host/reality star.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8March 3, 2023 2:08 AM

Ben Affleck's still look good.

by Anonymousreply 9March 3, 2023 2:16 AM

Wow R8, they look like LED teeth. Awful. That douche bag Steve-O has weird ones too.

by Anonymousreply 10March 3, 2023 2:24 AM

R10 This was him before the makeover.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11March 3, 2023 2:28 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12March 3, 2023 3:52 AM

^^Those are Rylan Clark’s latest veneers. He had them done about a year ago and now they’re off-center.

by Anonymousreply 13March 3, 2023 3:59 AM

[quote] It is a hellacious process and I am sure they don’t want to go through it again if it can be avoided. They shave off the enamel of your teeth until you are left with little nubs. Then wear temporary caps which can fall off.

Sounds awful. Braces were bad enough. I couldn’t bear having my healthy teeth filed away inside my mouth, that’s like literal torture only you’re paying for the privilege. And all for a finished effect that is not only low-class and bougie, but not even permanent.

The only time and case I think it’s worth doing is for those people/celebrities who have seriously eroded and damaged natural teeth from drug use or alcohol or ED. Then, what have you got to lose?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14March 3, 2023 11:42 AM

R14 I got composite veneers on my front teeth because I didn't take care of my teeth when young, so I had root canals and stained white fillings in my four front teeth. Never touched drugs in my life, but I looked like a meth head and had no confidence.

Composite veneers don't require your natural teeth to be shaved, they go right over your real teeth, so can look bulky and fake. My look alright, but not as good as porcelain (I can't get those because my teeth aren't strong enough).

by Anonymousreply 15March 3, 2023 12:38 PM

R14, I broke my two front teeth when I was 13 and for years lived with patchwork bonding repairs which never looked great. My teeth are straight and even. I finally went ahead and got veneers on my front teeth but the dentist tried to talk me into getting my six front teeth done at once. First of all, that would have been $10k (not covered by dental insurance), and the lifespan for veneers is 10 years. It seemed like a lot of money and work that would only need to be redone. I opted to just veneer the broken teeth figuring I could do the other afterwards if I wanted.

The process was truly miserable and there is no way I would sacrifice my healthy teeth for a cosmetic procedure. My two front teeth are slightly more prominent than the others but I can live with that, and they look better than they did. If it wasn’t such an awful process I probably would have had the others done but no way would I willingly go through that again. I’ve already had the front ones replaced and it was very unpleasant.

by Anonymousreply 16March 3, 2023 12:47 PM

R16 I'd be wary of shaving down my natural teeth for veneers. Why? Because the lost of dentistry is always increasing. A few veneers might be 10k today, but in ten or fifteen years when they fall off/need to be replaced they could cost 20k or 30k. If you can't afford that, then you'll have nothing but tiny pegs.

At least with composite veneers you get to keep your real teeth, so if a veneer falls off at least you'll have the real tooth underneath.

by Anonymousreply 17March 3, 2023 4:50 PM

I've been asked if my natural teeth are veneers. I have naturally really great teeth. But I take good care of them, grew up with great dental care, lots of calcium, etc.

But my sibling's are the opposite, despite the same level of attention and care. It's a genetic lottery...

by Anonymousreply 18March 3, 2023 5:53 PM

r17, as I said I broke my front teeth (ice hockey injury) when I was 13 and had years of composite bonding repairs that never looked great. The veneers I got on those two teeth are really the best option. But I would not willingly shave down my healthy neighboring teeth for a full set of veneers on my front teeth even if it would look better.

by Anonymousreply 19March 3, 2023 7:04 PM

R7 Hilary is on the spin-off from How I Met Your Mother.

by Anonymousreply 20March 3, 2023 11:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!