Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anyone surprised a Marlon Brando biopic hasn’t been made yet?

The role is Oscar catnip.

by Anonymousreply 20March 3, 2023 3:43 AM

No. No one under 50 cares about him.

by Anonymousreply 1March 2, 2023 9:03 PM

Brendan Fraser as old fat Brando

by Anonymousreply 2March 2, 2023 9:04 PM

omg r2 i had the same idea!

by Anonymousreply 3March 2, 2023 9:04 PM

I'll play myself, i still can

by Anonymousreply 4March 2, 2023 9:05 PM

He may have been the better actor, but I was the vastly more interesting as a person.

by Anonymousreply 5March 2, 2023 9:08 PM

He gave good head.

by Anonymousreply 6March 2, 2023 9:09 PM

R1 I always see young people thirsting after him in A Streetcar Named Desire.

by Anonymousreply 7March 2, 2023 9:29 PM

R5 I’m also surprised a good biopic hasn’t been made about James Dean. True he didn’t have a long career but he lived a lot in just 24 years.

by Anonymousreply 8March 2, 2023 9:30 PM

A tour de force performance by Chrissy Metz as Marlon Brando: Beyond Apocalypse Now!

With Zendaya as Cheyenne Brando and Adam Driver as Christian Brando.

Featured guest stars include Jack Huston as Jack Nicholson, Lizzy Caplan as Angelica Huston, and Rachel Brosnhan as Diane Keaton.

With special participatron of Chris Pine as Warren Beatty.

I smell an Oscar.

Either that or Metz just ate Brando's customary lunch of two whole chickens, half a cheesecake and a pint of ice cream to stay in character.

(She's lactose intolerant)

by Anonymousreply 9March 2, 2023 9:55 PM

I don’t think his story is very interesting, unless you think premature ejaculation is interesting.

by Anonymousreply 10March 2, 2023 10:45 PM

Cast Al Santos to play younger, A Streetcar Named Desire era Brando.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11March 2, 2023 10:51 PM

I don't imagine there's an actor out there who would want to risk the comparison, unless he's really got his head up his ass. It's only in the last decade that actors have had an easier time getting out of Brando's shadow when doing Streetcar.

by Anonymousreply 12March 2, 2023 11:09 PM

Miles Teller, come get your Oscar gurl.

by Anonymousreply 13March 2, 2023 11:14 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if cancelled has been James Franco planned on doing this.

by Anonymousreply 14March 2, 2023 11:30 PM

I hope not. He already played James Dean in a biopic, putting him on the map as an actor.

by Anonymousreply 15March 2, 2023 11:32 PM

I think the Howard E. Rollins Jr. story would be a prize winner if anyone would ever bother to touch it. Not even E! During its most lurid days. That used to be such an informative channel.

by Anonymousreply 16March 2, 2023 11:50 PM

Huh? A self indulgent actor who made a progressively bigger mess of his life as he ate himself to death? Yeah he was great when he was great, but his life is a trajectory of abuse of himself and almost everyone involved in his messy life. How do you spin that into a biopic?

by Anonymousreply 17March 3, 2023 12:03 AM

R17 What you just described is Oscar bait.

by Anonymousreply 18March 3, 2023 12:31 AM

R11 how dare you.

There's only one Santos with the gravitas to pull off Brando.

by Anonymousreply 19March 3, 2023 3:42 AM

I pulled off Brando, it wasn't that hard

by Anonymousreply 20March 3, 2023 3:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!