Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Yellowjackets Season 2: March 24

Fingers crossed the show doesn't have the infamous Sophomore Slump. New cast members include Lauren Ambrose and Elijah Wood. Showrunners envision 5 seasons, already renewed for Season 3

​​At first glance, the cabin seems cozy. The stone fireplace is home to the soothing crackle of flames. Lace curtains adorn frost-kissed windows. Outside, snow is falling. It really does seem cozy… if you ignore the screaming.

Beneath the frosted windows lie blood-stained sheets. Above them, an ever-growing number of antlers. And around the fireplace stands a group of teens, hand in hand, chanting: We hear the Wilderness, and It hears us. We hear the Wilderness, and It hears us. With each repetition, the words appear to gain power, and just as you think the Wilderness might respond, the director calls cut. A voice from behind the camera confirms: "Yeah, that's creepy as f---."

Yellowjackets, which follows a high school girls soccer team that's stranded in the wilderness for 19 months after their plane goes down, is in the middle of filming its highly anticipated second season (premiering March 24). It's November 2022, and the Vancouver set is every bit as ominous as you'd expect. For one thing, there's (fake) blood everywhere: in buckets, in Tupperware containers, in mugs, even on the hands of an actor who instinctively tries to shake yours before realizing. While we won't reveal what's going on during this particularly brutal day in the wilderness, it won't surprise viewers that, somehow, Misty's got blood on her glasses.

"I've become a fake blood expert," Samantha Hanratty, who plays teenage Misty, says. "It's so thick and sticky. Shaving cream is actually the best way to get it off."

When Yellowjackets premiered on Nov. 14, 2021, it didn't pull any punches. The Showtime series kicked off with a scene that made Lord of the Flies fans sit up a little straighter: one of the teenage girls running for her life before falling into a pit of spears. She's then drained of blood and eaten by her teammates.

"An early encapsulation of the idea was, 'What if the kids from Dazed and Confused became the Donner Party?'" explains Bart Nickerson, who created the series with his wife, Ashley Lyle. Nickerson says the couple has long shared a fascination with the story of the Uruguayan team from Alive. And as they worked together on Netflix's Narcos, they started talking about the many great female TV characters of the last 20 years. "So many of those stories are about being a woman in a man's world, and we wanted to try to create a story where that wasn't the point," says Lyle, who serves as co-showrunner alongside her husband and Animal Kingdom's Jonathan Lisco. "We were like, 'What if we just made a story that was about a woman's world?'"

The result is an addictively twisted mystery that spans 25 years. Because this story isn't just about the harsh reality of survival; it's also about the harsh reality of trauma. How do teenage girls become cannibals… and then how do they slip back into a normal life once they're rescued? (Or can they?) To tell the latter side of the story, the show jumps to 2021, where those same characters — or the ones who survived, at least — are now adults with careers and families. And yet, people never stop asking them about "what really happened out there."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366August 12, 2023 2:40 PM

I loved Lauren Ambrose in Six Feet Under.

by Anonymousreply 1March 2, 2023 7:09 PM

2 weeks, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 2March 8, 2023 3:27 AM

Damn that photo is filtered

by Anonymousreply 3March 8, 2023 4:19 AM

Trailer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4March 9, 2023 10:00 PM

Looking forward to seeing adult Van and Lottie. I'm pretty sure Elijah will knock it out of the park too. But i don't see how Yellowjackets can last more than 3 seasons.

by Anonymousreply 5March 10, 2023 4:18 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6March 12, 2023 9:46 AM

Omg, François Arnaud, Canada's greatest living asset! What the hell has he been up to since Midnight, Texas?

by Anonymousreply 7March 12, 2023 11:01 AM

I just read he's playing Paul's boyfriend and not another one of Shauna's conquests that are way too hot for her, and now I'm even more stoked to see him.

by Anonymousreply 8March 12, 2023 11:04 AM

Glad we get to see the coach's bf but not so much about Nicole joining the show.

by Anonymousreply 9March 12, 2023 1:49 PM

What's your beef with Nicole Maines, lol? Who even is she?

by Anonymousreply 10March 12, 2023 2:08 PM

R10 Nicole is a transgender actress and is mainly known for playing Dreamer on Supergirl. I'm just not a fan.

by Anonymousreply 11March 12, 2023 2:17 PM

Oh wow, she doesn't look trans at all. Although I googled her just now and the fact that nearly every article refers to her as "a trans actress and activist" can't possibly be a good sign. We'll see, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 12March 12, 2023 2:21 PM

I’m thinking about binging season 1 on a long flight coming up. Is it binge worthy? Is there nudity/sex scenes that would be weird if someone next to me glances at my screen?

by Anonymousreply 13March 12, 2023 2:24 PM

Disliked the first season although the leading cast members are favorite performers whose work I admire.

Didn't live up to the hype.

by Anonymousreply 14March 12, 2023 2:24 PM

R12 that's because Nicole started HRT at 14.

R13 the only nudity i remember is a shower scene between the lesbian couple.

by Anonymousreply 15March 12, 2023 2:32 PM

[bold]Yellowjackets season 2 review: A riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an even scarier forest[/bold]

Season 2 of Showtime's Emmy-nominated drama takes the characters deeper into the literal and emotional wilderness.

Newly elected New Jersey state senator Taissa Turner (Tawny Cypress) snaps awake in the front seat of her car. Confused and disoriented, she grabs her phone and looks at the pulsing dot on her GPS, which hovers silently on a road she doesn't recognize.

Twenty-five years earlier, Tai's teammate and fellow plane crash survivor Nat (Sophie Thatcher) returns from a hunt with a drawing scribbled on the back of a history quiz. She and Coach Ben (Steven Krueger) are trying to map the brutally cold and snowy mountain terrain they've been stranded in for months. Meanwhile, Tai's girlfriend, Van (Liv Hewson), begins following her into the woods at night, marking down all the places she wanders during her sleepwalking fugue state. What Van finds thrills her, but all teenage Tai (Jasmin Savoy Brown) sees is "a bunch of random points."

more at link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16March 17, 2023 9:47 PM

Not happy with the blanket implication from yet another Netflix show that pagan beliefs are all edgelord teen girl witchcraft.

by Anonymousreply 17March 17, 2023 9:59 PM

I mean, they mostly are. And if you still cling to them as an adult, then that's doubly embarrassing. But that goes for all religious belief, so at least you're not alone in that.

by Anonymousreply 18March 17, 2023 10:15 PM

R17 how do you feel about The Craft?

by Anonymousreply 19March 18, 2023 3:23 AM

THR reviewer said he tuned out every time anything relating to Coach Ben came up when watching the second season. Hopefully the show's core audience -- which mainly is not hetero guys like this reviewer -- gives a warmer reception to the handsome Arnaud.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20March 21, 2023 7:42 PM

[quote]Not happy with the blanket implication from yet another Netflix show that ....

Yellowjackets is on Showtime, not Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 21March 21, 2023 9:27 PM

R20 Tai's storyline doesn't sound great either but i'm looking forward to seeing Ben's and his bf.

by Anonymousreply 22March 22, 2023 6:07 AM

That's how you do a season opener, I wasn't bored for a single second. Well, I did zone out during the lesbian foreplay, but you can't blame me for that.

Why is Shauna's husband acting so manic? And can he please get new hair already? He's way too old for that hairstyle.

Older Lottie is perfectly cast and perfectly acted, so far.

by Anonymousreply 23March 24, 2023 4:10 PM

So the first episode of the season two is already out? Was it good? It's close to midnight where I live. A little too late to go download it and watch it.

by Anonymousreply 24March 26, 2023 9:39 PM

I watched it yesterday on Crave. I don’t know if I like this show anymore.

by Anonymousreply 25March 26, 2023 9:42 PM

R25 Why? Did you like it before?

by Anonymousreply 26March 26, 2023 9:44 PM

The series is worth seeing just for Melanie Lynskey. She is one of the finest (and most undersung) film & TV actress in the US.

She was also so superb in The Last of Us.

by Anonymousreply 27March 26, 2023 10:00 PM

It annoys me the parents are so clumsy not to check that everything burned successfully in the barbecue.

by Anonymousreply 28March 26, 2023 10:14 PM

r28 I swear that murder triggered something primal in both of them. They're acting like teens again, cracking bad jokes, fucking left and right, and not caring in the slightest about important details like that one.

by Anonymousreply 29March 26, 2023 10:26 PM

R27 Come on, she was terrible on that show

by Anonymousreply 30March 26, 2023 11:23 PM

I like Me

by Anonymousreply 31March 27, 2023 2:57 AM

Jeff playing Last Resort in the car was so unbelievably funny to me, R29 has it right about acting like teens again. And the ear at the end! Tremendous beginning.

by Anonymousreply 32March 27, 2023 3:20 AM

God, Christina Ricci is terrible in this more like a cartoon character than a real person. And why did they cast a thirty year old to play Jeff and Shauna's teenage daughter? American shows always do this. Cast someone in their late twenties to play a teenager.

by Anonymousreply 33March 27, 2023 6:26 PM

I don't know, maybe because a) teenagers tend to be shit actors and b) they're a bit busy with school?

If you want to act, go study acting first. We don't need to see your "learning as you go" journey on our screens, thank you very much. And then people wonder why the Brits are so much better at this.

by Anonymousreply 34March 27, 2023 6:30 PM

Then why not hire a 20 or 21 year old? Why someone who was a teenager 15 years ago?

by Anonymousreply 35March 27, 2023 6:54 PM

How did Juliette Lewis knocked that girl out by sticking a fork into her hand?

by Anonymousreply 36March 27, 2023 7:25 PM

I know we have a Melanie Lynskey fan here but she is dumpy and boring, I prefer young Shawna

by Anonymousreply 37March 27, 2023 7:37 PM

Somebody protect the puppy

by Anonymousreply 38March 27, 2023 7:38 PM

Best season debut ratings for Showtime in 10 years

by Anonymousreply 39March 27, 2023 10:34 PM

What's this show about? All I've heard is it's a sort of Lord of the Flies for teenage girls. Which doesn't interest me.

by Anonymousreply 40March 27, 2023 10:54 PM

r40 I wasn't going to watch it because I am not into teenager shows but half the show is them as adults now.

by Anonymousreply 41March 27, 2023 10:58 PM

The pace of each timeline seems off. The stuff in the past seems to be moving so slowly, but a bit more organically, while the present day has all these convoluted storylines happening at a quicker pace. It makes it harder to keep up with the reasons why things are happening in the present day.

by Anonymousreply 42March 27, 2023 11:05 PM

I started watching this show with my niece and she wanted to know why they weren't using their cell phones. Had to tell her we didn't have them in 1996.

by Anonymousreply 43March 27, 2023 11:12 PM

I think the captor got forked in the eye before the hand.

by Anonymousreply 44March 27, 2023 11:13 PM

"All I've heard is it's a sort of Lord of the Flies for teenage girls."

It's Lord of the Flies for teenage girl. But it's great, and funny with some terrific horror elements.

by Anonymousreply 45March 27, 2023 11:18 PM

[quote]The series is worth seeing just for Melanie Lynskey. She is one of the finest (and most undersung) film & TV actress in the US.

Agreed. But her YJ storyline just keeps getting dumber.

by Anonymousreply 46March 27, 2023 11:20 PM

‘Yellowjackets’ Season 2 Premiere Draws Nearly 2M Viewers, Breaks Showtime Streaming Record

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47March 27, 2023 11:55 PM

I really don't care about Adult Shauna. That saga with the affair partner that she killed, her dumb-as-a-box-of-hair husband, her surly teen, her ugly, modest ranch house... blah. All of the other Adult characters have much more interesting storylines.

I think Christina Ricci was miscast, and her Teen version is doing a much better job at the character. Ricci just isn't a very good actress IMO. She's very hammy. Her socially-awkward psychopath character is enough on her own, she doesn't need to overdo it. The Teen actress understands the assignment.

I find Juliette Lewis to be very watchable in whatever she's in. I like her speaking voice. More of her, less of Lynskey.

by Anonymousreply 48March 28, 2023 1:11 AM

^I couldn’t agree more about Juliette & Melanie. I do like Christina though, especially here, though she is very OTT.

by Anonymousreply 49March 28, 2023 1:13 AM

I read a theory on the Yellowjackets reddit that the whole area where the teens are was part of an illegal mining operation. There was chemical runoff that has affected everything in the area and is the medical reason behind the girls' odd behaviors. Jackie refused to eat the meat (from an affected animal) and so her behavior was the most normal until she froze to death. The symbol that the girls have adopted is part of the mining op.

Finding the tree with no snow may have been proof of a bunker, which is in close proximity to a geothermal spring. Something warm was beneath that tree. Javi may have stumbled onto it when he ran off. Canned provisions and spring water may be keeping him alive.

by Anonymousreply 50March 28, 2023 1:39 AM

Dear lord, those Reddit fraus have it all figured out already.

by Anonymousreply 51March 28, 2023 1:42 AM

Nearly three years this show has been around and not ONE person has mentioned HOW Juliette Lewis is supposed to look like she graduated high school in 1996?!? I love her but she’s got the face of a dentureless meth addict. In no universe could she pass as a late nineties high schooler!

by Anonymousreply 52March 28, 2023 1:47 AM

[quote]but she’s got the face of a dentureless meth addict.

Well, yeah. Her character was just getting out of yet another rehab in the pilot episode. She lived the drug life for years and looks it.

by Anonymousreply 53March 28, 2023 1:52 AM

I fast forwarded through parts. It just didn’t capture my interest, except for the young Shauna/Jackie scene. Maybe I’ll let the season play out and binge it later.

by Anonymousreply 54March 28, 2023 2:08 AM

I'm still on season 1. Just started binging it yesterday. Half of the lesbian teen couple just got mauled/killed by a wolf and Ricci's character has the reporter tied up. She's a real psycho.

by Anonymousreply 55March 29, 2023 4:38 AM

I think young Shauna is a better actress than older Shauna. Melanie Lynskey bothers me for some reason. Has she ever shown joy in any of her roles? She’s always low energy.

by Anonymousreply 56March 29, 2023 5:14 AM

Helen Keller R56, Lynskey shows merriment in this role.

by Anonymousreply 57March 29, 2023 5:34 AM

r57 read between the lines, she is unhappy

by Anonymousreply 58March 29, 2023 6:06 AM

Would she be happier if she were on Ozempic, I wonder?

by Anonymousreply 59March 29, 2023 6:08 AM

This show would have been better as a miniseries. Only one episode into S2 and it feels like they're running out of material.

by Anonymousreply 60March 29, 2023 6:09 AM

they are dragging out plots, thats for sure.

by Anonymousreply 61March 29, 2023 10:07 AM

They are definitely dragging it out, but more successfully than a lot of shows. I think the convoluted storylines in the present day scenes are largely a tool to distract viewers from how slowly the teen years plot is moving. But I like the way they work in some humor and over the top elements.

In contrast, The Last of Us did a really, really shitty job of dragging things out and I think viewers ended up resenting it a lot more. I’m more interested in when the cannibalism is going to start, but I’m willing to watch scenes from a HS reunion and a murder scene clean up while I wait.

by Anonymousreply 62March 29, 2023 11:04 AM

Of course they're dragging it out, it's a streaming success for Showtime, they don't need a one-and-done mini series. Besides, not every show needs to be a taut prestige TV thing.

Just wait until Arnaud's lil' Canadian toosh shows up, you'll stop complaining then.

by Anonymousreply 63March 29, 2023 11:15 AM

R43 we did, but they were bricks and only for rich kids.

by Anonymousreply 64March 29, 2023 11:33 AM

There are two things I'm most interested in: what happens to Shauna's baby, and how it is they come to be rescued.

by Anonymousreply 65March 29, 2023 11:39 AM

And on that note, I'd like to hear what everyone thinks will happen on those two points. IMO:

Shauna's baby will be stillborn. Idiot husband doesn't even allude to their dead child, so I think she either doesn't write about it in her many journals or those pages get removed before they're rescued. It's very strange any way you look at it.

They get rescued because Javi survives the winter in the warm mining bunker and then is able to hike out with canned goods or whatever once the weather is warm.

by Anonymousreply 66March 29, 2023 11:46 AM

Hasn’t it been established that Javi is dead? I thought during the reunion there was a scene where Juliette Lewis and the cute cop were looking at a memorial to him and his dad.

I previously thought the baby would die, but now I’m thinking they might change course and use an adult Shauna’s baby as more present-day storyline filler.

They won’t eat the baby. That, I’m confident of.,

by Anonymousreply 67March 29, 2023 11:59 AM

I don't remember that scene. Based on the number of people who thought that Adam was Javi, I'd say that no one is sure yet.

by Anonymousreply 68March 29, 2023 12:30 PM

The coach is so hot, I hope they don't eat him!

by Anonymousreply 69March 29, 2023 2:17 PM

I don’t know what’s going on in this show.

Can’t really remember S1.

by Anonymousreply 70March 29, 2023 2:41 PM

My problem with the show is that they've cast some of the most unpleasant actors in starring roles -- Melanie Lynksy always looks as though she's about to turn into a vicious Karen and yell at everyone everywhere; Juliette Lewis always looks as though her next meth hit is about to kick in; Wednesday Addams always looks as though her eyes are about to pop out and some ghoul will shoot out of her and eat the world.

by Anonymousreply 71March 29, 2023 2:45 PM

R71 was it worth the effort? Those three are interesting to look at. BUT YOU HAD TO LABOR TO PRODUCE SNARK that falls flat.

by Anonymousreply 72March 29, 2023 8:32 PM

[Quote] Wednesday Addams always looks as though her eyes are about to pop out and some ghoul will shoot out of her and eat the world.

Now that would be a shocking plot twist.

by Anonymousreply 73March 30, 2023 3:34 AM

If they wanted to milk the show then they shouldnt have shown the murder/cannibalism in the first scene and then ended the season well before that point in the story. Now that we've seen the depths of their desperate depravity it won't hit as hard when they finally show it. Rolling my eyes at r63 comment that good pacing should be reserved for prestige tv. The excessive praise makes me think standards are slipping. Maybe we're so inundated with trash that anything halfway good gets put on a pedestal.

by Anonymousreply 74March 30, 2023 4:27 AM

Roll your eyes all you want. No one was talking about pacing of the individual episodes, but the length of the story itself, which the showrunners have said is going to continue for several seasons.

But yes, go ahead and assume all sorts of things about my perception of TV in your unhinged little mind. As for me, I'm blocking your ass, so we thankfully never have to interact again.

by Anonymousreply 75March 30, 2023 4:54 AM

I'll try to find a way to live with that, r75

by Anonymousreply 76March 30, 2023 9:14 PM

Is Jason Ritter drunk posting again here?

by Anonymousreply 77March 31, 2023 10:30 PM

Watching the 2nd episode, adult Shauna is sloppy fat.

by Anonymousreply 78March 31, 2023 11:20 PM

R77 why would Jason come here?

by Anonymousreply 79April 1, 2023 4:40 AM

R79 that was a (lame?) joke. Lynskey and her husband Ritter had an interview with Drew Barrymore recently where he talked his alcohol problems and there seems to be a rabid Lynskey fan on here.

by Anonymousreply 80April 1, 2023 10:21 AM

R80 oh i didn't know Jason was an alcoholic. He seems like a good egg though.

by Anonymousreply 81April 1, 2023 11:11 AM

Brass tacks. Jason and Melanie could stand to lose 30 pounds each.

by Anonymousreply 82April 1, 2023 11:32 AM

R82 they look fine.

by Anonymousreply 83April 1, 2023 11:35 AM

r83 they may look fine for Minnesota, but not for television/film.

by Anonymousreply 84April 1, 2023 11:48 AM

Slow episode UNTIL that ending. My god, coach Ben's one-legged gay ass is so fucking cooked and he knows it.

Taissa's eyes seconds before the car crash looked like pure evil.

Elijah Wood! John Paul Reynolds! The latter looks more fuckable than ever.

by Anonymousreply 85April 1, 2023 1:46 PM

Was the daughter lying about her age? I thought she was in high school

by Anonymousreply 86April 1, 2023 10:15 PM

Yeah, she was lying and the cop obviously knew that and played along.

by Anonymousreply 87April 1, 2023 10:17 PM

-those kids would be waaaay skinnier after a few months of starvation -wouldn't a dead body be way more rotten after two months? -why is the coach not hungry? -Shauna's daughter looks like she could have ten year old child, not like she is in high-school -why was the adult Travis so much darker in skin than the teenage Travis? -that wet wood they collected to burn Jackie would never burn -Christina Ricci is such a bad actress. Was she always this bad? -a cop with cop mustaches? -I fucking can't stand Juliette Lewis and her fake damaged rockstar shtick -I fear this show will go Lost route

by Anonymousreply 88April 1, 2023 10:52 PM

I think the enjoyment of this show involves not thinking about any of it too much - just going with the general craziness/improbability of it all.

by Anonymousreply 89April 1, 2023 10:57 PM

[quote]Shauna's daughter looks like she could have ten year old child, not like she is in high-school

Well, I agree with this part. Sarah Desjardins, who is 28 years old, doesn't look like a high school student. She's also a bad actress but at least she's not outshining Melanie, another bad actress.

by Anonymousreply 90April 2, 2023 4:44 AM

Where the fuck is Arnaud? There's just seven episodes left and I was under the delusion that he would be in every episode? Why would they keep him from us in this way? Do they even know how big he is in Canada?

by Anonymousreply 91April 2, 2023 4:52 AM

I hate the Travis character and how hard Natalie works to get him to like her. I wish they’d killed him and eaten him when they were tripping on shrooms.

by Anonymousreply 92April 2, 2023 7:15 AM

Bad casting of older Travis

by Anonymousreply 93April 2, 2023 8:41 AM

"They won’t eat the baby. That, I’m confident of.,"

Not me. That was the first thing I thought of if the daughter is allegedly not the kid.

by Anonymousreply 94April 2, 2023 9:27 AM

well he ahs been teased R91

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95April 2, 2023 11:14 AM

Oh, so he's a teacher? But where the fuck has his signature luscious HAIR gone? That's his best asset, right after his ass.

by Anonymousreply 96April 2, 2023 11:33 AM

This show is flopping for me. No convincing narrative tension. What a pity.

by Anonymousreply 97April 2, 2023 11:35 AM

Please ladies don't eat the hot coach!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 98April 2, 2023 1:17 PM

It's going to come out somehow that he's gay and thus won't breed, which is when the clock will start ticking for him.

by Anonymousreply 99April 2, 2023 1:22 PM

R99 Why would they care if he can't breed? They are not trying to populate the place they are staying

by Anonymousreply 100April 2, 2023 4:10 PM

I meant they're gonna think he's the least useful of the bunch to the society back home, and as such should be eaten first.

by Anonymousreply 101April 2, 2023 4:12 PM

To say nothing of the disabled aspect, which also makes him the least useful in their current circumstances.

by Anonymousreply 102April 2, 2023 4:13 PM

They already know he is the least useful. He doesn't have a leg

by Anonymousreply 103April 2, 2023 4:17 PM

That was my point, he's doubly useless. Definitely the next one on the menu, hence that final shot of pure terror on his face.

by Anonymousreply 104April 2, 2023 4:19 PM

RUN, COACH! Oh, wait. . . NVM.

by Anonymousreply 105April 2, 2023 4:59 PM

Again, him being gay doesn't make him any more useless to a bunch of teenage girls. If anything, they would be relieved that he is gay

by Anonymousreply 106April 2, 2023 6:17 PM

Well they really went after Travis

by Anonymousreply 107April 2, 2023 6:22 PM

Okay, I see I have to break this down some more.

If they were using a points-based system of who to eat first, coach Ben would lose a point because he is not going to procreate back home should they ever return (which is still their goal), unlike the rest of them. So they would perceive him as the smallest loss to humanity of the bunch (it's the '90s). Javi would probably be the next in line. The two lesbians have uteruses, so they get an additional point, but would probably be the first women to go after Javi.

Hopefully that clears it up now.

by Anonymousreply 108April 2, 2023 6:25 PM

Are they talking about procreation? I’m not caught up on the season. It seems odd that starving, lost teenage girls are discussing that.

by Anonymousreply 109April 2, 2023 6:44 PM

We're discussing procreation back home, no one is talking about them starting a colony. They still think they'll get rescued at any moment, so obviously eating a disabled gay guy who will not procreate will go down better with their consciousness when they finally return home than eating a girl who might have who knows how many kids years later when she's back home.

by Anonymousreply 110April 2, 2023 6:52 PM

Coach is missing a leg so obviously less value for the money. He's like a utility bird at the grocery store. Eat the fattest one first. Obviously the preganant girl would be a good choice since she's two for one.

by Anonymousreply 111April 2, 2023 6:56 PM

On the one hand, the pregnant one should be kept around for ethical reasons. On the other hand, home pregnancies without any kind of medical personnel present often go wrong, so their conscience -- a word I should have used at r110 as well instead of consciousness -- would be clean if something went wrong and she died during pregnancy. A guilt-free meal, basically.

by Anonymousreply 112April 2, 2023 7:01 PM

*home births

by Anonymousreply 113April 2, 2023 7:02 PM

they should eat Travis and Coach's loads... free protein

by Anonymousreply 114April 2, 2023 7:17 PM

Jackie was a scrawny bitch before the crash but especially would have been after since she refused to eat. Couldn't have been much meat for them to feast on.

One-legged coach, though? Might have some meaty thighs that would be good for nibbling. Might want to barbecue him now before he loses more weight.

Seems unlikely that anyone is going to drop dead of natural causes. I wonder who suggests murder?

by Anonymousreply 115April 3, 2023 6:23 PM

Jonathan Lisco, who wrote "Edible Complex" 2:2, is interviewed by Vulture. (Vulture is free, but only for a limited number of articles per month.)

[quote]But Coach Scott was still clinging to civilization, and so he abstains, and he is obviously horrified by what they’re doing. That’s why in that final shot, it looks like a coven of witches looming over the pyre and eating. The idea that he abstains now has the potential to weaponize the young women against him, because in-group/out-group politics develop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116April 3, 2023 8:08 PM

Wasn't a fan of the "Roman orgy fantasy".

Let's see the full horror of what they do.

by Anonymousreply 117April 5, 2023 2:43 AM

The pacing is really off this season. This definitely seems like it’s going to be a bit of a letdown of a season based on the first few episodes. I guess I’m just wondering how this is going to go for 5 seasons without viewers getting bored or annoyed. The verisimilitude is rapidly falling apart this season given that the girls and the coach look…well, normal though they’ve been starving AND Travis and Natalie are walking MILES in cold weather daily but are still thriving On a few bites per day?

Also, sticking a few new actors into the starving high school group as if we wouldn’t notice? Who the hell are they and why weren’t they in season one?

Also, Jackie really added something to the cast with her personality. This season feels weird given..well, what happened. There’s no other spunky personality to counter the constant doom and gloom vibe.

And I have no idea how they’re going to drag out the adult/present-day storyline for 4 more seasons.

But we’ll see. Handmaid’s Tale surprised me when it bounced back with a good season recently, so it depends on the writers.

by Anonymousreply 118April 5, 2023 6:11 AM

The first two episodes haven't really grabbed me, either. The cannibalism scene was surprisingly anti-climatic. Still early, though.

Jackie is missed, even though she's been present in the first two episodes. The actress did a good job bringing some energy to the '96 scenes. Everyone left is very earnest, thinking they're Meryl Streep or some shit. The biracial actress from Scream needs to take some fucking acting lessons already. She stinks up everything she touches.

The '96 actresses can't be expected to lose the weight required to look like they're starving. Maybe 20 years ago that would've been a thing, but in today's climate? With Melanie Lynysky bitching every five seconds about getting fat-shamed? Won't happen.

by Anonymousreply 119April 5, 2023 7:20 PM

I don't know why they went for a double dose of magic realism for the cannibal scene.

by Anonymousreply 120April 5, 2023 8:20 PM

I think the second season is going to be a let down. It doesn't seem as organic as the first season; there's just something missing with the main actresses in the 1996 timeline whereas the current day actresses are good but their storylines are generally not believable.

Melanie Lynskey does seem to love playing the victim in real life, or at least on twitter. I really liked her but as time has gone on she seems to get offended by any mention of her body or any interview where something is interpreted by readers as something other than 100% what she meant. She also seems pretty bitter that Kate Winslet broke out after Heavenly Creatures but she didn't.

by Anonymousreply 121April 5, 2023 8:49 PM

[quote] I think the second season is going to be a let down. It doesn't seem as organic as the first season;

Jeeze, give it a chance. It has only been two episodes.

by Anonymousreply 122April 6, 2023 1:33 PM

Finally we get the gay background, but it seemed like one-and-done flashback and I'm hoping that's not the case. Coach Ben looked so handsome without the facial hair, miraculously even more so than Arnaud, who is himself one of the most beautiful Canadians alive.

Three episodes in and the season is just as good as the first one, in my opinion. And not just because Misty out of nowhere perfectly recreated one of my favourite movie monologues ever. The Christina Ricci and Elijah Wood stuff drags, though.

by Anonymousreply 123April 7, 2023 7:34 AM

How did they know that the ground in the flashbacks is full of iron? good episode though and next weeks looks better, very Lost-esqe.

by Anonymousreply 124April 7, 2023 11:11 AM

They noticed the red river with the iron-oxidising bacteria in it last season.

by Anonymousreply 125April 7, 2023 11:14 AM

[quote]they should eat Travis and Coach's loads... free protein

r114 = Christina Aguilera

by Anonymousreply 126April 7, 2023 12:45 PM

This show sucks this season. Sophomore slump.

by Anonymousreply 127April 7, 2023 10:04 PM

what a boring episode

by Anonymousreply 128April 7, 2023 10:56 PM

Those women look rough for being 44. Shawna sho is ugly.

by Anonymousreply 129April 12, 2023 1:36 AM

This season isn’t terrible so far, but definitely not going to be as compelling as season one. I’m just finding the adult storylines to be mostly dull and they aren’t really focusing much on the survival of the girls anymore now that they live in the cabin.

I thought the “Lottie is still alive” bombshell last season would lead to a more interesting storyline, but she seems a bit tame with her cult so far. Natalie is just traipsing around the cult camp smirking.

I’m going to call it now that they all go back to the cabin/site in Canada as adults otherwise the adult storylines will tank and be too boring at some point. I really hope the writers do a better job of creating entertaining drama. I also wonder if the novelty has worn off of the survival of the camp and they already did the past storylines pre-crash in season one, so that aspect is mostly over except for the coach, as we saw.

by Anonymousreply 130April 12, 2023 2:57 PM

How many candles do they have?

by Anonymousreply 131April 12, 2023 3:03 PM

And one skinny dead teen girl smoked over the fire is not going to sustain all those starving folks for more than a couple days.

by Anonymousreply 132April 12, 2023 3:04 PM
by Anonymousreply 133April 12, 2023 3:07 PM

Didn't Lottie killed a grizzly bear in the last season? That would last a dozen of skinny teen girls, a whole year, if the meat wouldn't go bad, of course.

What was the deal with that albino moose attacking the airplane/Nat?

by Anonymousreply 134April 12, 2023 4:08 PM

The grizzly bear was filled with maggots and rotting.

by Anonymousreply 135April 13, 2023 12:47 AM

R135 Oh yeah, I forgot about that

by Anonymousreply 136April 13, 2023 8:00 AM

Where do they shit? Does the cabin have an outhouse?

by Anonymousreply 137April 13, 2023 10:14 AM

Wasn’t the moose-(not the bear) filled with maggots?

by Anonymousreply 138April 13, 2023 10:14 AM

R138 How would we know that?

by Anonymousreply 139April 13, 2023 6:25 PM

Because they showed it last season r139

by Anonymousreply 140April 13, 2023 9:10 PM

Was the albino moose even real?

by Anonymousreply 141April 13, 2023 9:17 PM

R140 I don't remember the albino moose from the last season. What was the scene about?

by Anonymousreply 142April 13, 2023 10:43 PM

Albino moose is this season. Do keep up.

by Anonymousreply 143April 14, 2023 1:48 AM

I’m pretty sure albino moose is imaginary; didn’t it appear in a near-montage of multiple characters hallucinating (taissa envisioning her son visiting her).

by Anonymousreply 144April 14, 2023 2:11 AM

The maggots were in one of the moose (not Albino) that Nat killed last season. Not the bear

by Anonymousreply 145April 14, 2023 3:00 AM

Not moose, deer. I’m episode 6 of season 1.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146April 14, 2023 3:02 AM

In* not I’m. Also, despite a lot happening in this latest episode, it was boring and all over the place.

by Anonymousreply 147April 14, 2023 6:57 AM

Lauren motherfucking Ambrose! Gods, I feel old.

Coach Ben's flashbacks are so cheesy, obviously written by fraus with zero input from homos of any kind. Speaking of, these writers need to learn the difference between "that" and "who". When referring to a company that got sued, "that" is used, not "who".

I felt so bad for that goldfish, it went from a small bowl to a smaller container to an even smaller flask. Please don't keep your fish in bowls, people, it's torture.

by Anonymousreply 148April 14, 2023 9:07 AM

All of them witches

by Anonymousreply 149April 14, 2023 9:58 AM

The b team is around for them to eat in s2 😂

by Anonymousreply 150April 14, 2023 10:02 AM

Javi is alive! He was found in the warm spot in the woods. Finally, this show is getting somewhere.

Still just not very interested in the adult world stuff. All of it drags IMO.

by Anonymousreply 151April 14, 2023 6:11 PM

That moose digging out of the ice and dragging him out of the water was ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 152April 14, 2023 10:03 PM

I thought this episode was an improvement over the rest of season 2.

I’m guessing we don’t get to find out what happens with Shauna’s baby next episode. They will drag it out to the one after that. It they delay beyond then, I may give up in frustration.

Maybe it will turn out to be a hysterical pregnancy.

by Anonymousreply 153April 15, 2023 12:09 PM

This season’s losing me. I’m over Misty and Frodo.

by Anonymousreply 154April 15, 2023 1:00 PM

Elijah Wood gave the worst fake car driving I've ever seen on screen. Both of his hands were at the top of the wheel the entire time

by Anonymousreply 155April 15, 2023 1:04 PM

Ricci is legitimately horrible in this show, might even be worse than Lynskey.

by Anonymousreply 156April 15, 2023 4:35 PM

Juliette Lewis' face acting in this episode was simply outstanding, I was transfixed by each and every one of her twitches. How on earth does she do it? Timed perfectly and everything.

by Anonymousreply 157April 15, 2023 4:49 PM

R157 Years of doing coke and crack

by Anonymousreply 158April 16, 2023 12:13 AM

Shaunas daughter is clearly like 17 or 18 , not 25 ish. They probably ate the forest baby.

by Anonymousreply 159April 16, 2023 12:37 AM

[quote]Shaunas daughter is clearly like 17 or 18 , not 25 ish. They probably ate the forest baby.

Callie is not Wilderness Baby. In the original screenplay for the pilot, Shauna and Jeff were raising two daughters, Callie and Mandy. Mandy is believed to be WB. She was cut entirely from the final edit of the pilot but you can see photos of her (presumably) on Shauna's wall. I don't think they eat the baby.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160April 16, 2023 1:13 AM

I didn't know that the actress playing that cult girl with a golden fish was trans.

by Anonymousreply 161April 16, 2023 6:28 PM

Coach isn't long for this world

by Anonymousreply 162April 21, 2023 1:00 AM

Shauna and Jeff are boring.

by Anonymousreply 163April 21, 2023 1:04 AM

The actresses who play Mari (?) and Lottie look too much alike

by Anonymousreply 164April 21, 2023 1:08 AM

The plot sounds interesting, but I haven't watched yet.

by Anonymousreply 165April 21, 2023 1:45 AM

It's like Lost meets Twin Peaks. Just not as good as those two.

by Anonymousreply 166April 21, 2023 3:41 PM

This season is dull. I’ll stick it out to the end of the season but if it doesn’t pick up by the end I’m out. Especially given the plans for THREE more seasons!

by Anonymousreply 167April 22, 2023 7:18 PM

I'm loving this season and I want to DO the tall cop from Search Party. Shauna's kid is so useless, I'd for sure find a way to jailbait his ass despite his occupation and the age difference.

I'm glad Elijah is out of the picture, hopefully forever.

by Anonymousreply 168April 22, 2023 7:40 PM

The Elijah character knows to much and he's trouble. Don't you think he'll be back?

by Anonymousreply 169April 22, 2023 8:27 PM

Oh, I'm sure he'll be back, I'm just not a big fan of the character, is all.

Misty should have told them the drama girl slipped and fell, so they could've eaten her. It's not like they'd ever think she killed her bestie.

by Anonymousreply 170April 22, 2023 8:41 PM

They may still eat her

by Anonymousreply 171April 22, 2023 8:46 PM

They are still going to eat her.

by Anonymousreply 172April 22, 2023 9:05 PM

If Crystal fell off cliff (aka “the toilet “) how come she landed on pristine white snow instead of brown shit?

by Anonymousreply 173April 22, 2023 10:22 PM

the shit sinks under each layer of snow.

by Anonymousreply 174April 22, 2023 10:24 PM

Lauren Ambrose looked exactly like Frances Conroy in Six Feet Under in that moment when she closed her eyes as she was shouting.

r173 Presumably it snowed since the last time they emptied the pot. I cracked up at the "go grab some twigs so we can scrape the shit off."

by Anonymousreply 175April 23, 2023 3:35 AM

The CPR guidelines were different in the 1990s, Misty - we didn’t do them to the song Staying Alive til the 2010s.

by Anonymousreply 176April 23, 2023 1:28 PM

I gotta vent because the first season was SO GOOD. Do you mind?

I'm not feeling S2 We're getting into LOST/Desperate Housewives territory here, and you know what THAT means.

Too many superfluous characters: The black bitch with the frog, Lottie #2, FIsh girl, Hot cop w/stache from Search Party, etc.

Lewis in that fucking shawl--she IS captivating tho. Not an inch of scenery left BUT in a good way.

The cunting daughter.

Frodo--Who could STILL sit on my face

I can’t stand young Natalie OR either of the Tai actresses--so you can imagine…

I KNEW this was gonna happen.

[quote]Coach isn't long for this world

GOOD. His flashbacks are corny AF. I want to punch him in the face when he gives that bashful look to Arnaud's character. How torturous it must be when a good-looking man wants to commit. I’m sure there’s more--like "He’s part of the island or something"--but I don’t care.

by Anonymousreply 177April 24, 2023 10:37 AM

[quote]I want to punch him in the face when he gives that bashful look to Arnaud's character.

I mentioned upthread already, but his flashbacks were obviously written by fraus. They are so clearly a frau's impression of what gay partners behave around each other. Why would he act so bashful with someone he's fucked countless times, that's not a thing. He's a grown ass man, not daddy's little princess.

I am loving the show, though. Lewis's tics alone are worth it for me.

by Anonymousreply 178April 24, 2023 10:55 AM

Of course Elijah will be back. He's the biggest name this show has.

by Anonymousreply 179April 24, 2023 12:25 PM

R179 sad but true. For the general public.

by Anonymousreply 180April 24, 2023 4:44 PM

I dragged myself.to the finish line for season 1.

Couldn't get past the first episode of season 2.

I find this show to be really terrible and the frau characters really unlikeable. Surprised at the good reviews.

by Anonymousreply 181April 24, 2023 11:51 PM

Me too, R181. I’ll hate watch to the end of S2, but then think I’m done.

by Anonymousreply 182April 25, 2023 12:03 AM

Reddit is split on this show as well. I have noticed it's way better received by women and a certain portion of gay men such as myself. If you didn't hang out with girls back in school a lot (or even exclusively so), I suspect it can come across as grating.

Having said that, no one should ever be surprised by good or bad reviews, it just means others have a different taste than you do. Welcome to humanity, hope you're enjoying your stay.

by Anonymousreply 183April 25, 2023 3:31 AM

Isn't the new episode usually streaming by now?

by Anonymousreply 184April 29, 2023 5:34 AM

Yes, the fraus on Reddit are doubly freaking out because the new episode has been cancelled due to the NFL draft – which, fuck you Showtime for not knowing your core audience for this show – AND a massive spoiler from this episode has also leaked online.

by Anonymousreply 185April 29, 2023 10:22 AM

Given the tepid reaction to this season - missing a week mid-season with seemingly no notice seems a pretty poor decision.

by Anonymousreply 186April 29, 2023 8:35 PM

There's just SO MUCH to watch. If you don't hold us after the first couple of episodes, folks is moving on.

by Anonymousreply 187April 30, 2023 10:32 AM

R187 Name something of this SO MUCH to watch?

by Anonymousreply 188April 30, 2023 10:39 AM

R188 Uh...really? I ain't ChatGPT. Get a TV guide.

by Anonymousreply 189April 30, 2023 10:53 AM

R189 in other words, most of the tv shows are garbage

by Anonymousreply 190April 30, 2023 10:56 AM

R190 Nah, in other words, I'm not playing YOUR game.

by Anonymousreply 191April 30, 2023 11:02 AM

Meaning, most of the tv shows are crap

by Anonymousreply 192April 30, 2023 12:22 PM

Mostly they are all crap, but if Yellowjackets is crap (which it seems to have become) then it slides into that category too.

by Anonymousreply 193April 30, 2023 10:58 PM

Idk who this woman is but she seems like ultimate Karen.

by Anonymousreply 194April 30, 2023 11:08 PM

R194 Julitte Lewis?

by Anonymousreply 195May 1, 2023 3:09 AM

r194 probably Shawna

by Anonymousreply 196May 1, 2023 3:18 AM

R193 There are some good ones. They all seem to be half-hour shows like Barry, Dave, Jury Duty, Am I Being Unreasonable,

by Anonymousreply 197May 1, 2023 10:13 AM

Where did Lottie got the money for that commune/wellness center? That would cost millions and millions of dollars. Wasn't she locked in a loony bin until recently??

by Anonymousreply 198May 6, 2023 9:31 PM

How many episodes this season? I'm waiting for it to end so I can binge watch the entire whole season

by Anonymousreply 199May 6, 2023 10:37 PM

Lotte's family is/was rich. Her father paid for the charter flight.

by Anonymousreply 200May 6, 2023 11:53 PM

R200 Oh yeah, I forgot about that

by Anonymousreply 201May 7, 2023 7:52 AM

This was a great episode, with the gals coming together like Avengers at the end.

Of course coach Ben's fantasies only include other pretty gays, I laughed at the cute charade bit for that reason.

R199 Three more episodes left.

by Anonymousreply 202May 7, 2023 10:00 AM

I didn’t love the episode. Two different alternative realties going on? But I did love, as R202 beautifully describes it, “the gals coming together like the Avengers at the end.”

by Anonymousreply 203May 7, 2023 12:59 PM

I watched the episode in 4K. You could really tell they green screened it. Especially Lottie in front of the water.

by Anonymousreply 204May 7, 2023 2:05 PM

The long shot was on location, but switches to green screen when she turns around.

by Anonymousreply 205May 7, 2023 2:12 PM

The four ladies standing beside each other looked green screen as well.

by Anonymousreply 206May 7, 2023 2:14 PM

I am finding it too depressing.

by Anonymousreply 207May 8, 2023 6:03 AM

One thing that sticks out to me: in 1996, a lesbian couple in high school and there's not the SLIGHTEST bit of homophobia from their peers?

I mean, obviously they have much bigger things to worry about than some sapphic love, but...really?

by Anonymousreply 208May 9, 2023 6:13 PM

Bi was in during the mid 90s.

by Anonymousreply 209May 9, 2023 6:42 PM

They're a female soccer team, girls get together all the time in those, their teammates of all people aren't going to give them crap about it. Yes, even in the '90s. I saw a similar story in our high school volleyball team back in the day and no one gave a fuck. And this was in a dinky European town, not in the States.

by Anonymousreply 210May 9, 2023 6:50 PM

Fair enough, as a young gayling just figuring myself out in the late 90s (granted as a boy), I just remember being terrified of anyone finding out about me

by Anonymousreply 211May 9, 2023 6:54 PM

Oh, the gays were/are a completely different story. We don't really have a support group at school like a sports team where others have your back. Plus, male homosexuality just in general is seen as way more threatening.

by Anonymousreply 212May 9, 2023 7:02 PM

They were a women's football/soccer team. Have of them are probably gay. Plus girls aren't as judgemental as boys/men are. Also, you don't know if all of them are okay with it. What do you want them to do, curse them out for being gay? I think they have bigger worries than that

by Anonymousreply 213May 9, 2023 8:26 PM

R213 GEE, I EVEN MENTION THAT THEY HAVE BIGGER WORRIES BUT THANK YOU!

by Anonymousreply 214May 9, 2023 8:53 PM

R214 You are welcome

by Anonymousreply 215May 9, 2023 9:05 PM

This season is dull so far.

by Anonymousreply 216May 10, 2023 6:12 AM

R216 Agreed. Too much real world and not enough crash stuff. Not sure what they're doing with the gay coach/health teacher who couldn't help deliver a baby. They need to start thinning the cast.

by Anonymousreply 217May 10, 2023 2:05 PM

At this point I'd be happy with them eating the hot coach just so I don't have to see anymore of his sappy Lifetime movie flashbacks.

by Anonymousreply 218May 10, 2023 2:18 PM

The pace finally picked up a little in the 2nd half of the season, which is good, since the first several episodes were going so slowwwwwwww. The last episode they aired was pretty dark and disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 219May 10, 2023 6:43 PM

I couldn't give two shits about Shauna, Jeff, their odious daughter or her murder drama. I simply don't. Maybe if a more attractive/compelling actress were playing Shauna instead of mousy, frumpy Melanie.

I don't really care about any of the adult/present day stuff. Now that Shauna's baby is dead, all I really want to know is how they come to be rescued. Considering that they aren't even through the first winter yet and have another full year until rescue, I wonder how long the show will make me wait to find out.

by Anonymousreply 220May 11, 2023 1:43 AM

I'm losing interest fast - i can't believe they want to drag this out over many more seasons.

by Anonymousreply 221May 11, 2023 4:28 AM

R220 Lynskey's the best actress in it. The whole point is she looks like a dumpy housewife but isn't.

by Anonymousreply 222May 11, 2023 4:41 AM

If this series ends up running several years, we will look back at this season as the "cult commune" season.

by Anonymousreply 223May 11, 2023 4:01 PM

Showrunners said ages ago they were planning for five seasons and Showtime is known for preferring longer running shows to miniseries. So unless the WGA strike fucks things up majorly, that's still the plan.

by Anonymousreply 224May 11, 2023 4:07 PM

Did they eat Shaun's dead baby?

by Anonymousreply 225May 11, 2023 4:22 PM

Did they eat Shauna's dead baby?

I have no interest in the crazy woman and her cult.

by Anonymousreply 226May 11, 2023 4:23 PM

[quote]Lynskey's the best actress in it.

Not even close. The actresses portraying teen Misty and teen Shauna blow everyone else out of the water.

[quote]The whole point is she looks like a dumpy housewife but isn't.

...except that she still is. They keep trying to make the Adult Shauna happen, and it just isn't working. Jennifer Garner would have been a better casting choice for the role. It's clear why Kate Winslet is the one who achieved success post- Heavenly Creatures while Melanie did not.

by Anonymousreply 227May 11, 2023 11:01 PM

The teen Misty actress is fantabulous -it's rare when you can't separate the adult version with the teen version and this is one of those cases.

by Anonymousreply 228May 11, 2023 11:16 PM

R225 no they didn't.

by Anonymousreply 229May 11, 2023 11:34 PM

Was the actress in OP's original post one of the sisters in Ever After?

by Anonymousreply 230May 11, 2023 11:43 PM

R230 yes, Melanie played Jacqueline.

by Anonymousreply 231May 11, 2023 11:58 PM

I hardly think being in cult films, 2.5 men, etc. is "not succeeding". She was hardly playing an ingenue in Heavenly Creatures.

Why have they wasted time with Lisa, except for the obvious, and Juliette with the fish in her mouth?

by Anonymousreply 232May 12, 2023 12:06 AM

R232 Yeah, what was that scene. She carried the fish in her mouth and then spat the fish in a glass with water that she had in her hand. Why not put fish in the glass right away? Or take that tiny fishtank with her. Well, obviously because of the whole shock element, but that's just bad writing.

by Anonymousreply 233May 12, 2023 8:16 AM

Actress playing Lisa is trans. I would never tell, if I didn't read it somewhere

by Anonymousreply 234May 12, 2023 8:17 AM

This show would be a lot better if it was on HBO.

by Anonymousreply 235May 12, 2023 8:19 AM

R227 Just because Kate is a better actress (and more attractive, which helped her a lot with achieving success) doesn't mean Melanie is a bad actress. They can both be good, one just better.

by Anonymousreply 236May 12, 2023 8:21 AM

R234 I had to look up who the FUCK Lisa is. HA I mean...what is the point of that character?

Melanie is a great actress and perfect for this role. The criticism in this thread is simply based on her appearance--period. Otherwise, Jennifer Garner? GTFOH

by Anonymousreply 237May 12, 2023 10:58 AM

I am a huge David Lynch fan, but I did not like the 07 episode. Especially the Fight Club bullshit, the all in the mind character and I don't like extended brutality.

by Anonymousreply 238May 12, 2023 4:28 PM

I fucking love this season, the latest episode was awesome. The primal thing that verges on magic intrigues me so much. Kinda bothered they aren't doing anything with the brothers, though. It's like they don't exist anymore.

Wonderful snot acting from coach Ben, Viola Davis is nodding approvingly somewhere. I'm so glad we get to see his beautiful face for at least one more episode.

I still don't understand why Shauna's husband told her to leave town while she's under active police investigation. That's like the one thing you don't do.

[quote]and I don't like extended brutality

The way that scene was spliced together with the scene of them dancing as adults was just chef's kiss for me.

by Anonymousreply 239May 12, 2023 5:46 PM

The snow on this show looks incredibly fake. It's like styrofoam. And wouldn't there be a ton of frozen feces where Misty was digging for her dead friend? And Ben would want to kill himself by jumping into a shit pit? Is there no other cliffs he could jump off from? Also, there is no way Lottie would survive that. Or in best case scenario be permanently disfigured.

by Anonymousreply 240May 12, 2023 5:55 PM

That's just one of those things where you have to suspend your disbelief, it would be a lot more expensive to shoot with/in real snow. Also notice their CG breath in the cold, the lack of which was a big fan complaint in the first season.

[quote]And wouldn't there be a ton of frozen feces where Misty was digging for her dead friend?

Presumably it snows constantly and so the ordure gets covered up constantly as well. We also don't know how often they empty the chamber pot and if they all do it in the same place.

I agree that Lottie would have severe brain damage from such a beating.

by Anonymousreply 241May 12, 2023 6:10 PM

Happy to hear that Sophie Nelisse is going Lead Actress this year.

by Anonymousreply 242May 12, 2023 8:04 PM

Was Misty's friend named Crystal or Kristen? They keep saying both.

by Anonymousreply 243May 13, 2023 3:53 PM

Forget what her real name she said that she changed her name to sound more mysterious

by Anonymousreply 244May 13, 2023 4:01 PM

I gave up. It’s become plot-driven, like a soap, and they’re dragging things out. The actresses deserve better.

by Anonymousreply 245May 13, 2023 4:10 PM

The goat guy was played by this Calgary homo Samer Salem, who previously left quite an impression on me in The Expanse, The Boys, but has also been in that Keiynan Lonsdale's My Fake Boyfriend movie last year and is in the upcoming season of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds as well. Quite impressive for a Canadian newbie, he's obviously been hanging out with the right people since moving to L.A.

Beautiful to look at, but his diction was low-key atrocious. He needs to practice his lines at home with a cork in his mouth. Or better yet, my cock.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246May 13, 2023 4:13 PM

Misty’s friend’s real name was Kristin. Her first day on the team a few people got it wrong and called her Crystal, but she never corrected them because they had already given her a nickname that went better with Crystal and she didn’t want to lose the cool nickname.

by Anonymousreply 247May 13, 2023 6:28 PM

Thanks for your answers, r244 & r247.

by Anonymousreply 248May 13, 2023 11:09 PM

Soooooo my theory is they are all still in Canada, or already dead.

by Anonymousreply 249May 16, 2023 5:40 PM

This season is so bad. I don't know how the writers who created season 1 managed to fall so far down. The snow looks super fake and the younger actresses don't look like they are cold or even suffering at all. They look like they are in a high school play. The cult camp totally bores me. I think it was a mistake to kill Jackie and to have Shauna be pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 250May 16, 2023 5:44 PM

I lasted ten minutes into the most recent episode. I’m done with this show.

by Anonymousreply 251May 16, 2023 5:50 PM

Season 2 has been a bit of a letdown, compared to how practically perfect the first season was. I’m so bored with Shauna’s story, but Juliette &Christinas performances really salvage the show. I’m more intrigued by the supernatural aspects of their lives in the woods than I am by the present-day suburban shenanigans. It’s still a good dhow, just not a great show anymore.

The bird sequence was a totally ridiculous time-waster.

by Anonymousreply 252May 16, 2023 11:37 PM

I hate to nitpick, but they all are way too healthy looking for starving teens/young adults. Where are the sunken eyes, chapped lips, skinny bodies? And don’t get me started on the unbelievable amount of candles they must have found in that cabin.

by Anonymousreply 253May 17, 2023 12:47 AM

The actress who plays teenage Natalie needs to lay off the lip plumping. She can barely form words, and as a result, has to yell all her lines so she can open her mouth wider.

by Anonymousreply 254May 17, 2023 2:55 AM

Hey, young Natalie has enough going on. It's not easy to keep bleaching your hair when there are no salons around.

by Anonymousreply 255May 17, 2023 11:04 AM

Although I've lived for years outside of NZ, I instantly recognized Simone Kessell as adult Lottie. Nice to see her and another fellow kiwi Lynsky together in something. Adding Lucy Lawless or Zoe Bell to the mix would be perfect, but I doubt there's room for them.

by Anonymousreply 256May 17, 2023 11:09 AM

R252 The bird sequence was the best part of the last episode

by Anonymousreply 257May 17, 2023 12:15 PM

R254 It's not lips plumping. It's just the way she talks. She talked that way in first season. And had the same lips.

by Anonymousreply 258May 17, 2023 12:16 PM

R256 I think Courtney got to have some input on who plays adult Lottie. But i do love that they added another Kiwi to the mix. I would like to see Zoe and Lucy on Yellowjackets.

by Anonymousreply 259May 17, 2023 12:17 PM

I hope they don't add any more major characters.

by Anonymousreply 260May 17, 2023 12:36 PM

Does Kessell also have a thick Kiwi accent in real life, like Linskey does? Her American accent on the show is really good.

by Anonymousreply 261May 17, 2023 12:44 PM

None of these people are likeable. The character Lynsky is playing is a straight up sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 262May 18, 2023 9:05 PM

Yeah, that's kinda the point, that's what 19 months in the wilderness did to her. It's the evil that Lottie keeps referring to, which they supposedly brought back with them.

by Anonymousreply 263May 18, 2023 9:20 PM

I wish they got a more iconic nineties actress for Lottie, like they did with the other adult actresses. Alanis Morrisette would’ve been pretty convincing in the role, provided she could handle the more dramatic aspects.

by Anonymousreply 264May 18, 2023 9:50 PM

R263 She was nuts before the wilderness. Fucking her "best friend's" boyfriend and all..

by Anonymousreply 265May 18, 2023 10:15 PM

Yes they should have gotten a bigger name actress for Lottie.

by Anonymousreply 266May 18, 2023 10:43 PM

R266 Like?

by Anonymousreply 267May 18, 2023 10:58 PM

r265 She wasn't nuts, it's called being a dumb teenager.

by Anonymousreply 268May 19, 2023 3:33 AM

r267 maybe somebody who was famous back in the 90's like the adult actors who play Shawna, Natalie, Misty, Van were.

by Anonymousreply 269May 19, 2023 3:34 AM

Alyssa Milano, Shannon Doherty, Neve Campbell to name a few

by Anonymousreply 270May 19, 2023 3:37 AM

Alanis isn't an actress, I can't believe someone unironically suggested her for Lottie.

Kessell is doing a marvellous job, get off her jock.

by Anonymousreply 271May 19, 2023 3:38 AM

r271 Alanis acted on 'You Can't Do That On Television'

by Anonymousreply 272May 19, 2023 3:42 AM

A sketch comedy thirty years ago and nothing since for sure equipped her for the highly demanding role of a mentally ill character in the era of prestige TV.

by Anonymousreply 273May 19, 2023 3:58 AM

R270 I don't think Shannen could and none of those actresses are Eurasian like Courtney is.

by Anonymousreply 274May 19, 2023 4:24 AM

I think the posters here who put forward their suggestions keep forgetting that Lottie is half-Asian.

by Anonymousreply 275May 19, 2023 4:32 AM

People online last year were suggesting Jordana Brewster for adult Lottie. I think she’d have been a good fit and does somewhat resemble young Lottie but she isn’t past Asian.

by Anonymousreply 276May 19, 2023 4:36 AM

Is Lottie adopted? Weren't her parents the totally whitebread couple?

by Anonymousreply 277May 19, 2023 4:39 AM

The actress who played Lottie's mother is Australian and Chinese.

by Anonymousreply 278May 19, 2023 4:43 AM

I remember Shannyn Sossamon was one of the suggestions for adult Lottie.

by Anonymousreply 279May 19, 2023 5:45 AM

Meg Tilly would be perfect for the role. She's half Asian and has the crazy.

by Anonymousreply 280May 19, 2023 9:13 AM

Meg Tilly is way too old.

by Anonymousreply 281May 19, 2023 2:53 PM

Was just about to say, you need to take age into account as well.

New episode has turned super dark, super fast. Although I don't know what I was expecting, it's been teased what they all did from the start. Still, I found myself uncomfortable watching it.

by Anonymousreply 282May 19, 2023 3:27 PM

Those kids and especially the coach who didn't participate in cannibalism are way too chubby for people who have been starving for months.

And that cocky moustache cop is way too cartoonish

by Anonymousreply 283May 19, 2023 8:32 PM

So they skipped the entire part where they decided to sacrifice one of them and eat them? They went from girls casually talking to each other to picking cards who they are going to kill and eat? And they never addressed them eating Jackie. Jesus, the writing for this show is so bad. As I already said, this show would be tons better if it was on HBO.

And why did Natalie step up to being slaughtered when there was still bunch of people left to pick cards? Terrible writing

And they didn't notice her footprints in the snow going behind a tree? Sure

by Anonymousreply 284May 19, 2023 8:39 PM

They address this by showing them hallucinating due to starvation. Nat was picked even though she wasn't the last because there's only one queen of hearts in any one stack, d'oh. I swear DL is the only place where I see people (badly) bitching about the show.

Coach Ben's lips look so deliciously moisturised all the time, even when he's starving. It's like the actor understands on a profound level that a chapstick IS an actor's best friend. Or lip gloss, in his case.

Watched a couple of YouTube reactions to the episode and it hadn't even occurred to me that Eijah Wood was portrayed as a baddie (a serial killer?) in this episode. Should have totally clocked that glass of milk sooner.

by Anonymousreply 285May 19, 2023 8:45 PM

Phoebe Cates would be great but she is too old also

by Anonymousreply 286May 19, 2023 8:59 PM

Cates hasn't acted since before 9/11. Never a good sign.

by Anonymousreply 287May 19, 2023 9:05 PM

R285 They weren't hallucinating when they were talking to each other in the scene before they randomly decided to kill one of them

by Anonymousreply 288May 19, 2023 9:11 PM

But they didn't randomly decide, they said "okay, this is fucking unsustainable, we're all seeing things and going crazy because of starvation, we need to eat NOW or we will DIE now." Hence the frenzy that immediately set in as they were finally presented with the chance of an actual meal when Nat picked her card. Their rational mind shut down at that point and the natural instinct to feed/survive took over.

Thank the forest gods coach Ben wasn't there because he'd get ate without even doing the card draw.

by Anonymousreply 289May 19, 2023 9:17 PM

R289 Except they didn't say that. They cut that whole scene out. And they weren't all seeing things. They just showed one person imagining things (Mari)...a minor character. As I said, bad writing

by Anonymousreply 290May 19, 2023 9:21 PM

Bad writing would actually be them showing each and every one of them hallucinating. Like, we're smart, we got the gist, no need to hit us over the head with it.

by Anonymousreply 291May 19, 2023 9:23 PM

R291 So them not seeing the footprints in the snow going behind the tree also wasn't bad writing?

by Anonymousreply 292May 19, 2023 9:40 PM

It's just blood/gore porn now. I'm embarrassed that I recommended this show to others.

by Anonymousreply 293May 20, 2023 5:03 AM

It really isn't. The adult drama is delicious to watch.

by Anonymousreply 294May 20, 2023 5:07 AM

r292 They aren't professional trackers, they were in a bloodlust and were operating mainly on their senses. That's why sound featured so prominently. It makes perfect sense that they wouldn't be patient enough to track the footprints.

by Anonymousreply 295May 20, 2023 5:10 AM

[quote]The adult drama is delicious to watch.

It really isn't.

by Anonymousreply 296May 20, 2023 5:17 AM

I cringed when they were making animal noises whilst hunting, how quickly they went from schools girls to hunters. So where did they coach go then? A hidden bunker or something? We better get some answers, if not I may not watch season 3 but we all know I will.

by Anonymousreply 297May 20, 2023 7:15 AM

I'm only watching it for Melanie Lynskey now.

by Anonymousreply 298May 20, 2023 7:26 AM

R84 They both could do with lots of fattening up. They look fucking stick thin to me!

by Anonymousreply 299May 20, 2023 8:08 AM

Those bitches went feral

by Anonymousreply 300May 21, 2023 3:21 AM

I've never seen a series go from brilliant to terrible so quickly.

by Anonymousreply 301May 21, 2023 6:25 AM

I don't find anybody likable except for maybe the coach, that is a problem for me.

by Anonymousreply 302May 21, 2023 6:32 AM

I see some comments about how useless the coach is and that he should be killed. It's so obnoxious.

by Anonymousreply 303May 21, 2023 6:54 AM

R282 yes, it has gotten increasingly disturbing despite us knowing this would be the culmination. That said, I am wondering where they’ll have left to go with the kids after this because we now have some plot holes closed with the necklace being used on victims and the chase starting.

Also, a human would probably only sustain a group that large for a week at most, with quite a bit of rationing. At this rate, they’d eat each other until very few were left, fewer than those who actually survived unless they rescue them soon.

How did Javi survive in that cave? I want to know what those bones are.

The end of this season has gone into overdrive to pick up the pace.

by Anonymousreply 304May 21, 2023 7:36 PM

Hope it won't go too supernatural

by Anonymousreply 305May 21, 2023 7:44 PM

Holy shit, I did not see any of that coming. And so many needle drops this episode; what was that god and magic song, that was awesome.

RIP [spoiler], your (face) acting was everything to me. Will they kill one of the main cast every season until the end now?

That homosexual coach is a dead man walking. They will relish eating his luscious, perma-moisturised lips once they find his man cave. Nat has his number, it's only a matter of time now.

by Anonymousreply 306May 26, 2023 3:53 PM

That kid wouldn't be so blue for being in the water for just a few seconds. And where did they got the rope to tie him up?

Also how come grownup Natalie has black hair while teenage one has bleach blonde? They keep changing the number of extras on set. When they were standing outside there was a bunch of girls missing, that were there in previous scenes. Anyone noticed Lottie laughing as the house was burning down? What was up with that?

Writing for this show is just not good. Not believable at all. One second are Tai and Misty on board with sending Lottie to the loony bin, the next they are flashing their knives to Shauna and chasing her through the woods. And why did they have a second round of picking cards? I thought that the one with the highest card, loses.

Having a gate and a fence is obviously pretty useless, since three different groups of people sneaked in there and walked around like they own the place. How convenient for all of them to end up in the exactly the right place at the right time. How soap opera-ish

That was the worst stealing of a gun from a police officer ever. Easier than taking a candy from a baby. And shooting his partner? The guy didn't even flinch. Also, why would he believe a bunch of random nonsense from some weird guy he just met? How is he going to explain the dead cop being shot in the trunk of a car? Which policemen would buy that?

Not to mention no one would buy Natalie overdosing. Needle-stick injury was in her shoulder. Plus Lisa would tell the cops what happen.

I have a feeling they killed off Natalie because Juliette was complaining about the show and her character in the interviews when promoting first season.

by Anonymousreply 307May 26, 2023 9:07 PM

You can either nitpick everything to death, or you can just relax and enjoy the vibe of the show. I think this a huge reason why it's such a bigger hit with women than with men.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308May 26, 2023 9:21 PM

The eating of the body is nasty AF they really are going there.

by Anonymousreply 309May 27, 2023 3:21 AM

I can't stand young Van, too bad she wasn't the one who fell through the ice

by Anonymousreply 310May 27, 2023 3:51 AM

R310 Why? We barely hear or see her

by Anonymousreply 311May 27, 2023 8:11 AM

Jumped the shark permanently with the lame fantasy sequence guest staring John Cameron Mitchell.

Now it's going to be everything but the kitchen sink.

Well wait a minute. I suppose if they dive in completely to magical realism and other campy tricks, then S3 could get an injection of much needed levity.

by Anonymousreply 312May 27, 2023 10:45 AM

R303 He IS useless and SHOULD be killed off. Sorry.

That being said, I'm two episodes behind so unless they've done something with the character, I stand by it.

by Anonymousreply 313May 27, 2023 10:48 AM

[quote]And why did they have a second round of picking cards? I thought that the one with the highest card, loses.

It was whoever picks the Queen loses, and nobody picked it in the first round.

by Anonymousreply 314May 27, 2023 11:15 AM

R314 Thanks. I thought that might be it

by Anonymousreply 315May 27, 2023 11:17 AM

R312 How was that scene, show jumping the shark? There were way worse scenes than that with may worse writing. I actually enjoyed that scene. Kinda David Lynch-an. Not as deep or good, but still..

by Anonymousreply 316May 27, 2023 11:19 AM

I see your point but let me elaborate. I like the actor and I appreciated the magic realism in that ep. But it seems like a desperate gimmick and going to JCM for a guest star is a hip steaming series trope nowadays. He pops up almost every year in a guest spot exactly like this one.

by Anonymousreply 317May 27, 2023 11:22 AM

Coach burned down the house. So I guess he's not completely useless.

Which is what I don't get. If he was so terrified of them turning to cannibalism and starting a cult, why would he burn down the house? So he is okay with them freezing or starving to death, as long as they don't kill each other? That's pretty dumb. And now that they don't have a house, there are way better chances of them discovering his dungeon. He should have just let them kill each other, that way they won't be bothering him.

But how exactly is he planning to survive? He told Natalie that she should come with him and they could survive the winter. On what food exactly?

by Anonymousreply 318May 27, 2023 11:23 AM

Guest star? Is he a big name? I never heard of him before.

by Anonymousreply 319May 27, 2023 11:25 AM

Ok then, R319, you wouldn't understand my contribution to this discussion.

by Anonymousreply 320May 27, 2023 11:29 AM

I like how their hair isn't growing at all. That Travis guy has the same stupid haircut for months.

Why didn't Van just offer herself to be sacrificed, since she only has a few months to live? I was waiting for her to stop the game and say they can kill her but that moment never came. She would rather have someone's mother and a wife killed

by Anonymousreply 321May 27, 2023 1:17 PM

I was certain The Darkness(TM) would make Van pick the card and she'd sacrifice herself because she only has months to live. Glad they subverted that expectation and went with the hausfrau instead. Lottie said at the very end that it's pleased by Nat's sacrifice and that they will all see, followed by a closeup on Van. I think Van might experience a miraculous remission next season.

Loved the "it's not evil, it's just hungry". The human condition, in a nutshell.

by Anonymousreply 322May 27, 2023 1:39 PM

R322 I got the same impression, that she will get better. But of course she didn't know that. It would have made sense for her to sacrifice herself since she thinks she will die soon. Why would she care about feeding "IT"?

by Anonymousreply 323May 27, 2023 5:23 PM

You are not alone R310 - I also cannot stand her. I think she posts here though because in the threads for season one whenever anyone said something negative about the actress or mentioned her reputation on set, there was one solo poster who always had a shitfit.

by Anonymousreply 324May 27, 2023 9:52 PM

There's like fifty people posting on DL these days (if that), I seriously doubt that actress is one of them.

by Anonymousreply 325May 27, 2023 10:11 PM

How dumb was that police guy to stop and drink hot cocoa.

by Anonymousreply 326May 27, 2023 11:11 PM

I think when Callie said they gave it what it wanted, she meant Shauna’s daughter, not Natalie. She is a bloodthirsty potential killer now, too.

The thing with the cop was ridiculous. Even if he was willing to go along with it, how is mustache cop going to come up with a story that aligns with whatever evidence the Hobbit planted based on a sixty second outline?

There are still some fun elements, but they are very outweighed by the sloppy and stupid. Why did they let Shauna beat the crap out of Callie? In the later story line, why did they peg Callie as completely batshit, but not Shauna (who killed her boyfriend), Talisa (who has an animal sacrificing alter ego), or Misty (who has killed a few people and kept one prisoner in her basement).

One of the best things about the first few episodes was that the principal’s words describing them were demonstrated to be true. They were special, champions. Misty was hysterical in her competence. Jesus girl flying the airplane was amazing. Having them almost entirely unable to find any fish or game was a stupid choice. They could have gotten some and still ended up starving. They obviously would not have been good at it, but they had a cabin with equipment and plenty of free time to figure it out. And attributing it to a vague supernatural force is stupid. There were other ways they could have introduced that idea to the girls.

by Anonymousreply 327May 28, 2023 12:46 PM

Write your own TV show, dearie.

by Anonymousreply 328May 28, 2023 2:35 PM

R327 it’s Lottie. Callie is the daughter

by Anonymousreply 329May 28, 2023 4:04 PM

Ah, thanks R329.

by Anonymousreply 330May 28, 2023 4:57 PM

Bitches should all just kill themselves. Not a likeable character on this show.

by Anonymousreply 331June 2, 2023 8:20 PM

finally caught up... I had the same thought about the hair

by Anonymousreply 332June 17, 2023 10:06 PM

R318 From Coach's POV burning down the house is a chance at hastening the girls' demise due to exposure. He probably would rather see them struggle against the elements, as opposed to them tormenting individuals "Lord of the Flys" style, from the comfort of the cabin. I learned at camp (and from Wilford Brimley) you can survive off of trees. Many parts are edible.

I wouldn't be surprised if the fire is what alerts someone to the fact someone is out in the woods, distressed. Might get them rescued.

by Anonymousreply 333June 18, 2023 7:38 AM

R333 They are not going to get rescued this early on. The cult shit and cannibalism have just started.

by Anonymousreply 334June 18, 2023 1:06 PM

R325, you are forgetting that the younger Van's portrayer is a genderspecial they/them, who took theyself out of Emmy contention (as if there was a fucking chance), becuse there was no gender special non-binary category (which them would lose to a they/them born of the penis persuasion).

I love Lauren Ambrose, she classes up the part of Van.

by Anonymousreply 335June 18, 2023 3:28 PM

i.e. do not use actress, it WOUNDS.

by Anonymousreply 336June 18, 2023 3:29 PM

Adult Natalie (Juliette Lewis) was one of the more interesting characters in the current storyline.

I think the writers made a mistake given what they did.

by Anonymousreply 337June 18, 2023 4:02 PM

Ugh, r333 here, meant to spell "flies." R334 I mean it could set the wheels in motion. Besides, they've BEEN eating each other for a while now. How long must this go on?

by Anonymousreply 338June 18, 2023 4:25 PM

This show is legitimately terrible now. They really tanked it in this second season. Did they honestly write the first season or did they steal it from better people?

by Anonymousreply 339June 18, 2023 6:16 PM

R338 Untill half of them are dead. All the background extras and few of the main ones

by Anonymousreply 340June 18, 2023 6:18 PM

It’s said that they’re stranded for 19 months. So since Shauna has given birth, they’re roughly at the halfway point.

by Anonymousreply 341June 18, 2023 8:31 PM

R335 I saw Jameela Jamil talking about giving non binaries their own category at awards shows.

R337 adult Natalie spent most of her time mourning over Travis in the first season, which Juliette wasn't happy about. So I'm not surprised at how things turned out for her character.

by Anonymousreply 342June 18, 2023 11:01 PM

This show in seems in many subtle ways to hate women.

by Anonymousreply 343June 19, 2023 12:20 AM

R343 ???

by Anonymousreply 344June 19, 2023 12:35 AM

They probably killed off Juliette's character cause she was quite critical of the show in interviews

by Anonymousreply 345June 19, 2023 1:47 PM

[quote] Also how come grownup Natalie has black hair while teenage one has bleach blonde?

Is this a serious question?

by Anonymousreply 346June 19, 2023 2:04 PM

r356

the better question is how does young Natalie still have blonde hair

by Anonymousreply 347June 19, 2023 2:08 PM

Yeah they shit the bed with that finale. The adult storyline just got so stupid. I can't really buy any of those women as traumatized cannibals.

by Anonymousreply 348June 19, 2023 2:17 PM

R346 Well, you seem to know the answer...so answer it. And don't say shitty writing

by Anonymousreply 349June 19, 2023 2:24 PM

[quote]They probably killed off Juliette's character cause she was quite critical of the show in interviews

Good for Juliette. Don't waste another second on this dreck.

by Anonymousreply 350June 20, 2023 8:17 PM

Just watched the last episode.

Aside from Lewis and Ricci, Simone Kessell played the ENTIRE fuck out of kooky Lottie. I mean...she took over every scene she was in. Her eyes are SO expressive. It was like watching Streep acting with the B-team. I don't think Coach Gay burned down the cabin out of concern. It was completely vindictive b/c they ate that kid. I also think that Lottie was talking about Shauna’s brat and not Nat.

With that being said...I'm OUT. They SLOPPILY killed off the main reason I watched the show.

by Anonymousreply 351June 26, 2023 12:40 PM

Javi, R351?

by Anonymousreply 352June 26, 2023 9:02 PM

R352 Really? No. Natalie

by Anonymousreply 353June 27, 2023 1:00 PM

Juliette Lewis openly dissed the writers for how Natalie pined over Travis for all of Season 1. She got what she deserved.

by Anonymousreply 354June 29, 2023 3:58 AM

I like watching Juliette Lewis and it can't be easy providing Juliette Lewis material she can respect. She'll obviously play whatever she has signed up to play but if she resents something she's not a shrinking violet, she'll say so. Juliette Lewis is, I think, authentically an old punk.

I hope she keeps working and finds another series or movie soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 355June 29, 2023 4:07 AM

R355 ABSOLUTELY.

by Anonymousreply 356June 29, 2023 9:56 AM

Sorry if I'm being dense here, or missed it, but I have two questions:

-Where does that symbol come from? The one carved in the trees. Have they explained that yet?

-Why did Misty stab Natalie? They were trying to kill Shauna...

by Anonymousreply 357July 21, 2023 11:05 PM

-They've yet to explain the symbol.

by Anonymousreply 358August 8, 2023 7:24 AM

The weirdest thing about the show is the extra Yellowjackets in the wilderness--several had no names the firsts eason, which was sort of like the supernumerary Sweathogs on "Welcome Back Kotter" in Mr. Kotter's class who seemingly existed only to laugh at the repeated jokes of the main five Sweathogs. But then some of them emerged as individuated characters in Season 2 (even though we didn;t see much or anything of them the first season).

I think more of them will somehow materialize out of thin air in future seasons.

by Anonymousreply 359August 8, 2023 7:31 AM

"Why did Misty stab Natalie? They were trying to kill Shauna..." - Because Natalie jumped in to try to stop Misty and Misty struck her by accident, r357. Not sure how that wasn't bleedin' obvious, but anyway.

by Anonymousreply 360August 8, 2023 7:55 AM

I've just started the first season of the show (I'm up to episode #5), and I'm taken with how compelling the non-binary actor who plays young Van is. Her character is not a pretty girl but she seems so real to me as a character.

I actually like that so many of the women grow up to look unconventional in their looks--it makes it seem less like Hollywood and more like actual life. Melanie Lynskey would be considered attractive in the real world even if she's not a size 8, and Juliette Lewis looks like she's as hard a life as her character has had. I think one of the reasons the show has fielded some complaints about this, though, is due in part to the fact ALL of the major male characters are attractive and well built: Travis, Jeff, Coach Scott, Kevyn, Shauna's extramarital boyfriend, etc. This is what should be called "Mindy Kaling Syndrome": when TV shows created by women now promise they will feature unconventional ideas of attractiveness for bodies, what they really mean are just for women's bodies: the dumpy female leading actresses always have to be paired with conventionally hot men slobbering all over them.

by Anonymousreply 361August 8, 2023 5:39 PM

As I'm watching the first season, I have a question that may be revealed later. It seems everyone in the US has heard of the Yellowjckets and their 19 months stranded in the wilderness, and everyone seems to want to know as to whether cannibalism occurred among the girls. The survivors seem to have been able to keep quiet about it so far as I've been watching, but was there any sort of official inquiry afterwards into what happened to the girls?

Also, has there ever been anything like this in the real world in the last fifty years, where survivors of a disaster have been dogged by rumors of cannibalism that they never admitted? (I know this happened in the 19th century with the Donner Party, but many of them admitted what had happened--same with the survivors of the 'Medusa' wreck earlier in the century.)

by Anonymousreply 362August 9, 2023 1:00 AM

Why did the bear in Laura Lee's plane catch on fire? is there some sort of malevolent force in the wilderness that doesn't want them to leave?

Why are the events in the present day so uninteresting compared to the events back in the 1990s in the wilderness?

by Anonymousreply 363August 9, 2023 4:36 AM

Also: is Warren Kole the same person as Teddy Sears? They look exactly alike, and they were even born in the same year.

by Anonymousreply 364August 9, 2023 4:52 AM

The hardest thing about watching the show is that they all grew up to be such horrible people in the present day. None of them is even the slightest bit redeemable as an adult.

by Anonymousreply 365August 10, 2023 3:45 AM

[R357] They found it next to the body when they found the house. Some of the girls thought the dead man was drawing it for protection.

by Anonymousreply 366August 12, 2023 2:40 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!