Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

It's her party, and she'll cry if she wants to!

An 18-year-old newlywed has shocked viewers with a video about how more than half the people who RSVP'd "yes" to their wedding didn't show up.

Gray Narvaez-Dragion told Insider that they were in consistent communication with their no-shows, so they're as baffled by the disappointing turnout. Strangers are now rallying around the newlywed in support.

Narvaez-Dragion's first video, which has over 3 million views, was a five-second clip of a mostly empty banquet hall with only a couple of people seated at tables.

"88 people said yes… not even 40 showed up," on-screen text read glumly.

The creator said as a result they had to cancel the dinner, the private dance, and the sparkler send-off. The reception was also cut short. In the description of a follow-up clip, Narvaez-Dragion said they and their partner Nyx sat together in the ceremony room and cried.

Along with offering sympathy, many viewers were puzzled about why so many of the 88 RSVPs didn't make an appearance, which prompted the creator to show proof with a Google form of the RSVP responses.

The creator told Insider they couldn't say for certain why so many people didn't come, but that many of the no-shows were their coworkers. The creator said they had had "almost daily contact" with everyone invited before the deadline.

"Every person we invited wasn't random; we loved every single one very dearly," Narvaez-Dragion said.

Narvaez-Dragion said one person even texted them the morning of the wedding, saying she was so excited to attend, but did not actually attend.

In total, Narvaez-Dragion said they lost around $2,500 of the $3,000 that they paid toward the food, a DJ, and gifts for their guests. They were left with a ton of food, including a massive charcuterie table and a majority of the wedding cake.

Narvaez-Dragion also put a lot of thought into the gifts for their guests, which were custom-made resin magnets and soaps and "spell jars" to manifest fortune, love, and grounding.

"We have most of them in my car right now," Narvaez-Dragion said. "We haven't even really unpacked it. My flowers are still in there. It hurts too much now."

They also put money into a fun photo booth for guests. "There's so much we didn't get to do because of how early people had left," Narvaez-Dragion said. "We were signing our marriage license when I saw a few people leave."

The comment sections of Narvaez-Dragion's videos have been flooded with thousands of sympathetic messages. "You deserved the most extravagant wedding. I am sorry that people are so heartless," one top comment said; "Just know everyone here on tiktok is celebrating you two!!" another viewer wrote. Multiple people told the creator to do a do-over of the wedding and promised they'd be in attendance.

People are viscerally angry on the newlyweds' behalf.

"I would immediately go no contact with everyone who ghosted," one top comment read. Some people are even advising them to send their no-shows a bill for the money spent on them.

"Give them a no-show fee cuz ain't no way," another top comment weighed in.

Influencers like James Charles felt compelled to send their sympathies. "I'm so so so so sorry," Charles wrote.

Narvaez-Dragion said they're incredibly overwhelmed by all the attention. Despite the initial disappointment of the turnout, they said they're starting to appreciate the small party they had. They said the ceremony itself was beautiful and successful, and they were thankful that the people in attendance truly cared about them.

"Nyx and I have been through a lot in the past three years of being together," Narvaez-Dragion said. "Flakey people really mean nothing in the grand scheme of things. We still love each other all the same."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99March 18, 2023 6:10 AM

SAD!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 2, 2023 4:14 AM

I smell something fishy here! 🧐

by Anonymousreply 2March 2, 2023 4:17 AM

[quote] In the description of a follow-up clip, Narvaez-Dragion said they and their partner Nyx...

This could have had something to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 3March 2, 2023 4:17 AM

Why did they have to cancel "the dinner, the private dance, and the sparkler send-off"?

Was it a cash dinner?

by Anonymousreply 4March 2, 2023 4:18 AM

Probably because they know the marriage won't last. Who gets married at 18 anymore?

by Anonymousreply 5March 2, 2023 4:21 AM

FAKE. This generation is doomed. Their grift for "likes" is a mental illness. Literally.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6March 2, 2023 4:21 AM

Google: @grayanxiety TikTok and watch her videos.

Bwahahahaha. It's pathetic!

by Anonymousreply 7March 2, 2023 4:21 AM

I wouldn't have gone either. She didn't even brush her hair for the wedding. I'm appalled

by Anonymousreply 8March 2, 2023 4:26 AM

[quote]It's her party, and she'll cry if she wants to!

How DARE you misgender they/them.

by Anonymousreply 9March 2, 2023 4:26 AM

"FAKE. This generation is doomed."

You're making generalizations about an entire generation of people based on one person? Do you think trump represents all boomers?

by Anonymousreply 10March 2, 2023 4:31 AM

My first thought is what is she up to that makes everyone dislike her? This doesn’t happen to nice people.

by Anonymousreply 11March 2, 2023 4:33 AM

She sounds okay R11, and not like some Bridezilla.

The article said "they lost around $2,500 of the $3,000 that they paid toward the food, a DJ, and gifts for their guests. They were left with a ton of food, including a massive charcuterie table and a majority of the wedding cake. Narvaez-Dragion also put a lot of thought into the gifts for their guests, which were custom-made resin magnets and soaps..."

That sounds like a nice person.

Maybe one of her co-workers started spreading rumors about her, or maybe they didn't like the "witchy" element to the wedding.

Who knows?

by Anonymousreply 12March 2, 2023 4:39 AM

First Of advice is to get rid of that nose ring.

by Anonymousreply 13March 2, 2023 4:45 AM

Everyone realized this marriage will last less than six months.

by Anonymousreply 14March 2, 2023 5:13 AM

What's weird is how them seems totally into destroying social norms by being a "they/them", yet them buys wholeheartedly into the whole "big expensive wedding" cliche.

And what's with the "they/them uniform" them all sport? Septum ring, pink, green or purple hair, and hideous makeup. Them are all so conventional in them's unconventionality. So boring, and so conformist.

by Anonymousreply 15March 2, 2023 5:23 AM

That’s a real bummer, even though this chick is low hanging fruit to mock.

But if they didn’t have real family and friends to invite, they should have had a much smaller reception especially since they just had a courthouse ceremony.

Sounds like they made their plans and invited any and everyone to come to justify their expenses. Who relies on co-workers as the bulk of your 88 RSVPs?

by Anonymousreply 16March 2, 2023 5:24 AM

an awkward morning around the office the day after

by Anonymousreply 17March 2, 2023 5:31 AM

Sweetheart, people fucking hate you. Face it before you get pig's blood dumped on you at your next wedding.

by Anonymousreply 18March 2, 2023 5:35 AM

Don't you need a job to have co-workers ?

by Anonymousreply 19March 2, 2023 5:51 AM

Assuming most of her friends are also teenagers, it shouldn't be that much of a surprise that so many of them flaked.

by Anonymousreply 20March 2, 2023 6:53 AM

Nobody cares.

by Anonymousreply 21March 2, 2023 6:59 AM

The world of het'rosexual is a sick and boring life!

by Anonymousreply 22March 2, 2023 7:14 AM

Gravel in jars and guest soaps to take home?

MY SIDES AT THIS DIRT WEDDING!

by Anonymousreply 23March 2, 2023 7:35 AM

Oh honey... You poor, poor little white trash

by Anonymousreply 24March 2, 2023 7:49 AM

I feel badly for them. I really do. It's impossible not to take that kind of indifference personally. I mean...ouch.

At the same time, you have to be self aware enough to know what to expect. If you are generally viewed as "strange" or have a small circle of unreliable people in your life, don't test them by planning a big "prove how much you love us!" event.

People attend weddings out of family duty or to save face more than anything. If you don't have a big family behind you, feeling obligated to show up, trying to impose on coworkers to take their place is awkward.

But no one should be crying from rejection on their wedding day. That's brutal.

by Anonymousreply 25March 2, 2023 7:49 AM

R12 You think she sounds nice because she spent a lot of money on stuff for the wedding? I don't think that's relevant at all. Narcissistic freaks are often very or even inappropriately generous, it's one of the main things they weaponize.

by Anonymousreply 26March 2, 2023 7:53 AM

You have a kind heart, r25. And very good grammar (I feel badly)

by Anonymousreply 27March 2, 2023 8:10 AM

In any other thread about manners and RSVP etiquette, the Datalounge Men of Manners Committee would have stressed how important it is to only agree to go if you truly plan on attending, and how rude and trashy it is to say you'll go and not even show up.

When it comes to women, weddings, Zoomers or Millennials, however, suddenly your trailer park trash roots come SCREAMING to the surface, and the worst part is that you think you're quality people, simply better than everyone else mentioned in the story.

No, you're exactly the same. Exactly.

by Anonymousreply 28March 2, 2023 8:18 AM

[quote]If you are generally viewed as "strange" or have a small circle of unreliable people in your life, don't test them by planning a big "prove how much you love us!" event.

"You're so odd and peculiar, you don't fit into society, so you shouldn't expect people to treat you with respect."

There isn't a single fucking gay on this board who should be saying anything like that. Ever.

by Anonymousreply 29March 2, 2023 8:20 AM

You're right. I should have said I feel bad. Not badly.

Anyone who has tried to organize a birthday event or movie night or housewarming and gotten stood up by "friends" knows how deep the disappointment can cut. A wedding? God I could cry for them just thinking about the humiliation.

I knew a girl whose parents threw her a big sweet 16 and rented a huge hall, to make her feel special.... but maybe only 8 people actually came. I was one of them. And I barely knew the girl. It was so sad, the giant echoing space...us moving the chairs closer together since everything was clearly set up as if 40 teens were going to be there...

People suck.

by Anonymousreply 30March 2, 2023 8:25 AM

Nyx the sparklers and go straight to cake!

by Anonymousreply 31March 2, 2023 8:31 AM

I don't understand why anything had to be cancelled because people didn't show up.

by Anonymousreply 32March 2, 2023 8:49 AM

[quote]In any other thread about manners and RSVP etiquette, the Datalounge Men of Manners Committee would have stressed how important it is to only agree to go if you truly plan on attending, and how rude and trashy it is to say you'll go and not even show up.

I don't know; if some dealbreaker was included like "cash bar", the Manners Committee would be slagging you right & left, no matter how touching and/or glamorous your ceremony was.

Like all things with these sorts of people, this story looks like clickbait 1. to get people to check out their social media postings 2. to get $$ through GFM to compensate them. But I'm cynical like that...

by Anonymousreply 33March 2, 2023 8:56 AM

I keep seeing stories like this, before you throw a party ask yourself how popular you are

by Anonymousreply 34March 2, 2023 9:45 AM

^ Not really, they should have RSVP'd "no”.

by Anonymousreply 35March 2, 2023 9:57 AM

THANK HOU, R29

by Anonymousreply 36March 2, 2023 10:11 AM

That is, thank you.

by Anonymousreply 37March 2, 2023 10:12 AM

When I was in 6th grade, I was invited to a birthday party by one of my classmates. We were friendly, but not friends. We never really hung out together. That Friday night, my parents and I went to a carnival and we stayed out late, I ate way too much crap, and when I got up the next morning, I had a food and fun hangover. I told my mom I didn't feel well (which I didn't) and that there was no way I could go to this birthday party. She would not hear it. I had been invited and had accepted and I was not going to cancel out the morning of. I bitched and moaned the whole morning about it, but she stood firm.

I got to the party and it turned out, I was the only one to show up. No idea how many people were invited and it was nothing fancy, just something at his house (and then we were all supposed to either go to the skating rink or bowling alley and then come back form cake and presents). I could see how absolutely crushed both he and his mother were, but they put on brave faces. The parents made me feel very welcome and I had a nice time (and tried to be upbeat and positive and pretend I didn't notice no one else was there because I felt horrible for him).

When my mom came to pick me up, I told her what happened and that I was glad she made me go. I have no idea why no one else showed up. He wasn't Mr. Popular, but he wasn't someone everyone hated, he wasn't picked on, he was just a kid in our class.

by Anonymousreply 38March 2, 2023 2:03 PM

R29 wait up. Waaaaaaait up.

I'm not saying the guests were justified in being no-shows, or that the couple deserved abandonment for being different or odd or gay. Come on now.

I'm only saying that you have to know where you stand when you plan an event like this. People- especially colleagues!- might feel obligated to say an enthusiastic "yes of course!" in public to save face, while privately wanting nothing to do with you or your event.

It's happened to all of us here. And it hurts. It really does.

So you have to learn to be practical. Ask yourself honestly "who would really be there for me?" and "who enjoys our sense of fun?" People can get very snobby about attending a wedding that they think is tacky or cheap or weird, etc. I'm guessing those "magic spell bottles" as gifts would have been mocked endlessly by most people I know, even the so-called "artsy" ones. People can be cruel.

These two might have spared themselves a lot of pain by having a nice, elegant 10 person reception with people they 100% knew would enjoy their vibe. Small? Yes. But maybe seeing 10 people really be happy for them and there to have a nice time would have been better than trying to see if a whole big group would show up.

by Anonymousreply 39March 2, 2023 2:33 PM

R38

THERE ^^^ Exactly.

People suck and I hate that that happened. But that is exactly what you need to anticipate in life. People can be so cruel and heartless.

But also maybe there were other factors like bad weather, colds going around, the party being far away, etc.

TV tells us if you throw a lavish party people will attend. Aiways, always lower your expectations.

Poor kid. Been there, but later on in life.

by Anonymousreply 40March 2, 2023 2:40 PM

That's a terrible story R38 (but your mom is a champ!); isn't that everyone's worse nightmare (aside from going to work/school without your pants on): you throw a party *and no one comes!*

by Anonymousreply 41March 2, 2023 2:51 PM

Can we get back to the sparkler send-off, please? I don’t think that we’ve spent enough time on the sparkler send-off.

by Anonymousreply 42March 2, 2023 2:58 PM

I'm guessing that's borrowed from the end of my best friends wedding?

by Anonymousreply 43March 2, 2023 3:00 PM

[quote]When it comes to women, weddings, Zoomers or Millennials, however, suddenly your trailer park trash roots come SCREAMING to the surface, and the worst part is that you think you're quality people, simply better than everyone else mentioned in the story.

I don’t know what “women” you’re talking about. The person featured here is a they/them.

by Anonymousreply 44March 2, 2023 3:05 PM

Cautionary tale about why you should never throw a party. Ever.

by Anonymousreply 45March 2, 2023 3:09 PM

[quote]I'm guessing that's borrowed from the end of my best friends wedding?

Julia Roberts was not going to show up at this shitshow.

by Anonymousreply 46March 2, 2023 3:11 PM

[quote]before you throw a party ask yourself how popular you are

^ THIS

by Anonymousreply 47March 2, 2023 3:13 PM

Her in that dress..... I'm getting flashbacks to Lindsay Lohan's Halloween costume in [italic]Mean Girls[/italic].

by Anonymousreply 48March 2, 2023 3:15 PM

When planning a wedding, the experts say to plan for 1/4 of the people to not show up.

by Anonymousreply 49March 2, 2023 3:20 PM

R38 did you ask your classmates why they didn't show up?

by Anonymousreply 50March 2, 2023 3:27 PM

It seems like they had a lot of food/things planned for the $3200. How did they swing that?

by Anonymousreply 51March 2, 2023 3:33 PM

Please update us when the real reason why people didn't show up come out. 40 to 1 are the odds it was the couple's fault, or at least the weather.

by Anonymousreply 52March 2, 2023 3:50 PM

Regardless if people think this marriage will last or not, a lot of money is put out for the food, entertainment and venue and everything involved. Unless it's a true emergency or death, you show up. It's beyond rude. It's a shitty thing to do.

by Anonymousreply 53March 2, 2023 3:56 PM

People tend to skip pre-divorce ceremonies these days.

by Anonymousreply 54March 2, 2023 4:26 PM

This is a terribly sad story on its face; however, my gut is refusing to allow me much sympathy for these people. Though she claims to have deep, sincere love for the 40 (!) co-workers who didn't show, I suspect they were meant to be background players in their little extravaganza. If anyone bothered to interview them, we might learn about a very strict dress code for attendees, or perhaps see a copy of the flier Gray handed out at work with marching orders for participation in the sparkler send-off.

by Anonymousreply 55March 2, 2023 6:01 PM

[quote] did you ask your classmates why they didn't show up?

I honestly don't remember, but probably not because I didn't want anyone to know I was the only person who was there. If Jimmy asked people on Monday morning, I don't know. If it had been me who had been stood up, I'm not sure I would have let it be known that no one else had come to my party. As I said, I wasn't super friendly with him, so I don't know who his good friends were, or if he had any. All I remember is that he was not a kid who was picked on or shunned. I don't even think we really had any of those in our class. The worst we had was some kid who had some sort of palsy-like affliction and walked very funny and had a super high voice, like a falsetto. But we mostly steered clear of him because his hygiene was horrendous. He smelled and had green teeth.

by Anonymousreply 56March 2, 2023 6:04 PM

....or if it's in the middle of nowhere and you have no way of getting there and ask for assistance arranging a carpool only to be refused.

by Anonymousreply 57March 2, 2023 6:14 PM

Well that's sad. Her wedding day too. Why didn't people use their manners and notify her that they couldn't be there? Do people understand manners or etiquette anymore?

by Anonymousreply 58March 2, 2023 6:20 PM

Who the fuck gets married at 18 today??

by Anonymousreply 59March 2, 2023 7:15 PM

That's old...^^

by Anonymousreply 60March 2, 2023 7:18 PM

What type of career is “creator”? Where does zhe work that they have 80 creator coworkers?

by Anonymousreply 61March 2, 2023 7:22 PM

Her creator co-workers are all online, other influencers she meets on Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 62March 2, 2023 9:33 PM

[quote] The article said "they lost around $2,500 of the $3,000 that they paid toward the food, a DJ, and gifts for their guests.

How did she lose so much money? Was it because she canceled the food and cake and sparkler parade? Why not just still have it all and then take home the leftovers? Then she wouldn’t lost money.

by Anonymousreply 63March 2, 2023 9:35 PM

[quote]Her creator co-workers are all online, other influencers she meets on Instagram.

So she doesn’t know any of them, but they were all invited to her wedding…and it’s a mystery why none of them showed up.

by Anonymousreply 64March 2, 2023 9:35 PM

R38 That was a sweet story.

It is probably because he was too nondescript that no one went. Sounds like he was a just there type.

by Anonymousreply 65March 2, 2023 9:37 PM

[quote] Who the fuck gets married at 18 today??

They/Them Non-Binary POSERS who try to act like they're cool, and "totally different" from everyone else, but in the end, they're really just a straight couple married at 18, who will eventually have 2.5 kids and live in the suburbs.

They/Them is the new face tattoo, if you get my drift.

It's all an act to let other people know how "cool" you are.

Pfft.

by Anonymousreply 66March 2, 2023 9:38 PM

It’s zer party, and zhe’ll cry if zhe wants to…

by Anonymousreply 67March 2, 2023 9:38 PM

Has the GoFundMe been set up yet?

by Anonymousreply 68March 2, 2023 9:54 PM

[quote]I smell something fishy here! 🧐

Oh, give me a break! I JUST got here. There's no WAY you smelled that all the way back at r2.

by Anonymousreply 69March 2, 2023 9:55 PM

I definitely would have skipped that two bit bullshit wedding.

by Anonymousreply 70March 2, 2023 10:10 PM

But would you have RSVPed YES that you were coming?

by Anonymousreply 71March 2, 2023 10:13 PM

It is wrong to RSVP to a wedding and not show up. Unfortunately if she is 18, I suspect most of her guests are on the younger side as well and just have not learned proper social graces yet. Plus, and I do not say this in jest, I doubt many of her friends can drive.

by Anonymousreply 72March 2, 2023 10:16 PM

I've seen several stories in the past few years about parents organizing a birthday party for their kid and no one shows up. When I was a kid (I'm 42) I went to every birthday party I was invited to. When I was young I never heard of someone throwing a birthday party and no one showing up. As a young adult I went to a co-worker's wedding, the saddest wedding ever, but I still went. Is not showing up a new phenomenon?

by Anonymousreply 73March 2, 2023 10:30 PM

Maybe the guests weren’t okay with wearing pronoun buttons?

by Anonymousreply 74March 2, 2023 10:35 PM

I do think tastes have changed people now feel more entitled to skip out on things that don't 100% suit them. There was a sense of "decency" in the past that I don't know is being passed down from generation to generation anymore. It's much more of a me-me-me world. I also remember accepting birthday invitations and showing up and being game to do whatever the birthday person wanted to do - watch a movie, play games, go go-carting, whatever...now, as adults people weigh whether or not the activities suit their temperament before committing, and even then, they still back out.

A few years ago I invited some friends for a birthday. I had generally given up on birthday parties and felt stupid organizing them for myself because inevitably, people would cancel at the last minute or ask a million questions, forcing me to alter things to cater to them and it became more stressful than fun.

But that year, I really felt like I needed to celebrate, so I sent out invites to 10 people for a dinner and dancing evening. I picked an easily accessible restaurant and then figured we'd go 2 streets over and boogie down at this fun dance club I'd always wanted to check out but felt lame going to by myself. The people I invited all attended and the dinner was quite nice, chit chat amongst the couples and people meeting new people or catching up with old friends...but then, sure enough, everyone started to talk about "early mornings" and ducked out quickly before 11, so as to avoid the move to the dance club. In the end, only one couple went with me to the dance club, and probably only out of pity. We spent 2 minutes there, I felt like a moron because they seemed uncomfortable about dancing, so I said "it's okay, I'm tired, let's go" and we all left.

...I haven't been dancing in years. I'd love to have some friends to go with, but people don't seem to want to anymore. Board games, they love, but boogie-ing not so much. It stinks. But hey, at least they came to the dinner right?

by Anonymousreply 75March 13, 2023 7:30 PM

Why are all of the tables bare? No placesetting. No flowers. No table cloth. No nothing.

If they were expecting all those people for dinner?

This seems like a scam.

by Anonymousreply 76March 13, 2023 7:52 PM

Maybe because the venue looks like a DUMP.

by Anonymousreply 77March 13, 2023 7:58 PM

Gray, honey, they just assumed it was another of your gangbangs-for-pay, and they had finally completed their STD treatment courses from the last one.

by Anonymousreply 78March 13, 2023 8:09 PM

This is what happens when the couple's friends look like the couple.

by Anonymousreply 79March 13, 2023 8:09 PM

Oops! I was invited to the wedding but forgot to go

by Anonymousreply 80March 13, 2023 8:20 PM

STOP HAVING CRAZY EXPENSIVE WEDDINGS YOU CAN"T AFFORD!

A friend send me an invite to her wedding. I had a number of things going on so wouldn't be sure if I could go until maybe a month before. I told her this but she still called me daily to ask if I was coming or would be cancelling.

It got nuts. Finally, I said I would love to come but because she was so obsessed with making sure she was paying for the exact number of guests, I would show up for the wedding portion and skip the dinner, if that would help her. When I did go, it turns out a few people didn't so I was able to go to the dinner portion. But the whole thing showed me how unnecessary the stress of a wedding is. PARE IT DOWN. STOP SHOWING OFF. NO ONE CARES!

by Anonymousreply 81March 13, 2023 8:24 PM

It sounds like nobody likes the couple

by Anonymousreply 82March 13, 2023 8:25 PM

[quote] People attend weddings out of family duty or to save face more than anything. If you don't have a big family behind you, feeling obligated to show up, trying to impose on coworkers to take their place is awkward.

The only weddings I've RSVPd yes and gone to are those of direct family members, and I only showed up begrudgingly to make my mother happy (we're no contact/estranged from my father's crazy family). I am always busy when it comes to other invites.

If I could get away with never attending to weddings, I would no-show them all. I don't really agree with the practise.

by Anonymousreply 83March 13, 2023 8:36 PM

[quote] As a young adult I went to a co-worker's wedding, the saddest wedding ever, but I still went.

Ooh, what happened R73?

by Anonymousreply 84March 13, 2023 8:40 PM

The key to these things is putting all the money into an open bar rather than food and entertainment and stunts--people will flock for free booze and an excuse to drink, plus sauced people make their own entertainment and get merry with no prompts required.

People still talk about my parents' 1980s wedding and reception to this day, it's the stuff of legend. Because every attendee was absolutely sauced after a couple of hours in, and did not stop drinking for an entire weekend.

by Anonymousreply 85March 13, 2023 8:44 PM

I'm not a fan of weddings. I hate attending but I do if it's someone I care about. I've never had a co worker invite me to their wedding. I would find that odd if someone did but I absolutely would RSVP no.

Weddings and Baby Showers suck. I'd rather sit and watch paint dry. But that being said, I ALWAYS RSVP. People today have no manners.

by Anonymousreply 86March 13, 2023 8:54 PM

I have a big extended family, so I love when my cousins get married and we all get together. I'm a sucker for daggy music and dancing with my aunts all night long! My favourite part though is probably the post wedding bitchfest with my sister, where we discuss who got fat, who has the hottest boy/girlfriend, who was worst dressed etc.

by Anonymousreply 87March 14, 2023 12:11 PM

I'm sorry but she looks BPD.

by Anonymousreply 88March 14, 2023 12:15 PM

A few years ago, my partner and I were invited to a wedding in Mykonos. We declined the invitation because we really couldn't afford to fly from Australia and pay to stay for a week. That's one wedding I'm glad I didn't attend. You had to stay in accommodation approved by them, participate in daily festivities leading up to the main event, and join in the post wedding festivities. There was a strict dress code for each event, right down to what colours were allowed so that the photos would be cohesive. And, get this, it wasn't even a gay couple! Two straights. Anyway, we saw the pics all over social media. They were even featured in a magazine. It all looked lovely and I'm sure they had a wonderful time.

by Anonymousreply 89March 14, 2023 12:23 PM

One of the most excruciating weddings was one where I barely knew the couple. Those are the worst. Never again

by Anonymousreply 90March 14, 2023 12:25 PM

These days, weddings are like tattoos, in that only basic conformists have them, but they think they’re special for having them.

by Anonymousreply 91March 14, 2023 12:51 PM

I can only assume she's pregnant, had a shotgun wedding, and the pregnancy hormones are messing with her emotions

by Anonymousreply 92March 14, 2023 1:09 PM

[quote] The article said "they lost around $2,500 of the $3,000 that they paid toward the food, a DJ, and gifts for their guests.

Sounds like a pathetic wedding. I wouldn't be caught dead at that

by Anonymousreply 93March 14, 2023 1:11 PM

Tbh I had though that small private friends-only weddings/services and rustic barn-dance type weddings were the chic things these days. Like sit-down banquets and big occasions and venues are passé.

by Anonymousreply 94March 14, 2023 1:21 PM

Is Nyx hot and fuckable? I feel like we need to know if we’re to assess this situation properly.

by Anonymousreply 95March 14, 2023 2:48 PM

I would have RSVPed: "YES! And I'm bringing 14 friends!!!"

And then made other plans.

by Anonymousreply 96March 14, 2023 3:17 PM

Yeah, partner and I were invited to a big wedding Nyack, years ago. When we arrived at our hotel, there was a list of things we had to attend, along with various custom-made t-shirts and stupid vests we were supposed to don at certain times. We looked at each other at the same time and just said, 'FUCK THIS SHIT' and showed up at everything wearing our own clothes, not the fucking clown clothes they had ordered us to wear, like extras in a movie. Jesus Christ on a CRACKER!!!!

by Anonymousreply 97March 17, 2023 6:47 PM

I'll never understand spending that kind of money on a party

by Anonymousreply 98March 17, 2023 6:54 PM

What a bunch of losers

by Anonymousreply 99March 18, 2023 6:10 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!