Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

John Fetterman On 'Path To Recovery' After Checking Into Hospital For Depression

The Pennsylvania Democrat is "working with the wonderful doctors," though his healing "will be a weeks-long process," a spokesperson said.

Fetterman spokesperson Joe Calvello said the senator “remains on a path to recovery,” though healing “will be a weeks-long process.”

“John is doing well, working with the wonderful doctors, and remains on a path to recovery,” Calvello said. “He is visiting with staff and family daily, and his staff are keeping him updated on Senate business and news.”

Fetterman’s team is moving “full speed ahead and working tirelessly for the people of Pennsylvania,” including opening new offices across the state, Calvello said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209September 23, 2023 1:24 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Damage control.

by Anonymousreply 1February 28, 2023 1:22 AM

This is concerning.

by Anonymousreply 2February 28, 2023 1:30 AM

Can't believe this is the best person the PA Dems could come up with to be a US Senator.

by Anonymousreply 3February 28, 2023 1:34 AM

[quote]and his staff are keeping him updated on Senate business and news.

And I'm sure he's all ears.

by Anonymousreply 4February 28, 2023 1:37 AM

I think either he or PA needs to reimburse the rest of us for his medical bills at Walter Reed. He acknowledged that his depression was life long. Hence, preexisting condition he didn't disclose.

Also, it is now being reported that pot ain't so benign..Heart issues, & MI...

Cough it up big boy or proud PAers who got us on the hook for this dude's bills.

by Anonymousreply 5February 28, 2023 12:37 PM

Still better than Oz

by Anonymousreply 6February 28, 2023 12:50 PM

Any DC or PA insiders have the scoop on what's going on? Not much in the news, and what there is is vague.

by Anonymousreply 7March 22, 2023 11:03 PM

Probably on life support

by Anonymousreply 8March 22, 2023 11:09 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9March 22, 2023 11:16 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10March 22, 2023 11:19 PM

Lurch hospitalized on Feb. 14th. As of today 3/23/23, 38 days as in patient at Walter Reed. Average length for inpatient hospitalization for depression15 days. See link below. 15 days isn't my figures

So what's the deal?? NBC saying he is expected back soon, but no timeline.. WTF is going On??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11March 23, 2023 7:18 PM

Time flies like an arrow

Fruit flies like a banana

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12March 25, 2023 11:58 AM

I wish him the best. Depression is a vicious beast. But I don't understand how you can be well enough to be drafting legislation but not well enough to at least be an outpatient. He could have a doctor available to him 24/7; what is it that keeps him in the hospital? I wish there were a little more transparency and communication from his team. His Twitter has basically nothing about his hospitalization or progress.

by Anonymousreply 13March 25, 2023 1:18 PM

Already?

by Anonymousreply 14March 25, 2023 1:22 PM

If best Philadelphia could do was Fetterman or Oz it is really sad.

by Anonymousreply 15March 25, 2023 1:25 PM

Y'all are nasty people. He's a good man.

by Anonymousreply 16March 25, 2023 1:32 PM

No one is saying Mr. Fetterman isn't a "good man", however he was elected to represent people of Philadelphia in United States senate. Thus far he's spent most of his freshman term either out ill or in hospital.

by Anonymousreply 17March 25, 2023 1:46 PM

I think he’s hard left, yes?

by Anonymousreply 18March 25, 2023 1:47 PM

he's not back in the senate?

by Anonymousreply 19March 25, 2023 1:47 PM

Nope!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20March 25, 2023 1:56 PM

Five weeks after Sen. John Fetterman’s hospitalization for clinical depression, his staff says the stay is coming to an end soon, though no certain timeline was offered for his return.

“John will be out soon,” spokesperson Joe Calvello said. “Over a week but soon. Recovery is going really well. We have an amazing team at Walter Reed.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21March 25, 2023 1:57 PM

[quote] “John will be out soon,”

Tomorrow, tomorrow. I love ya tomorrow. You're always a day away

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22March 25, 2023 2:05 PM

He died last month and has been replaced by a George Soros robot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23March 25, 2023 2:21 PM

The funniest thing about that picture R23… is the fact that you morons don’t realize it’s about a year old.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24March 25, 2023 2:32 PM

The Dems sure can pick 'em.

by Anonymousreply 25March 25, 2023 2:36 PM

Think his staff in trying to d ck & deflect are going to go with this tune

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26March 26, 2023 1:04 AM

Even a brain-dead D is better than any R in the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 27March 26, 2023 1:10 AM

And ^ is why I left the party

by Anonymousreply 28March 26, 2023 1:11 AM

There should be some law about not being able to perform your duties and then automatically ousted. This is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 29March 26, 2023 1:14 AM

How's Mitch McConnell these days?

When's he going to be automatically ousted?

by Anonymousreply 30March 26, 2023 1:14 AM

Yeah, a guy taking care of his mental health is ridiculous! Let them commit suicide like in the good old days, I say!

by Anonymousreply 31March 26, 2023 1:18 AM

Not to worry..I'll just post this again for all the true believers..sing along with Richie Manuel. It is such a lovely tune. Richie would have loved John. Both did love them drugs.. Sing along choir since you all read from the same hymn book ".Any day He shall be released."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32March 26, 2023 1:25 AM

It’s a long stay inpatient for depression. There must be some medical diagnosis as well that’s being treated.

by Anonymousreply 33March 26, 2023 1:26 AM

Has anyone heard a recording of Mitch McConnell talking yet?

What are they hiding about Mitch? Is he dead? Could we be that lucky?

by Anonymousreply 34March 26, 2023 1:28 AM

[quote] Yeah, a guy taking care of his mental health is ridiculous! Let them commit suicide like in the good old days, I say!

Yeah, go take care of his mental health on his own dime. He can’t do the job. Step aside. What he’s doing to American citizens is dangerous. He’s MIA.

by Anonymousreply 35March 26, 2023 1:36 AM

Okay shit-for-brains R35, then Mitch is out the fucking door as well.

And we're just getting started. Any illness, any missing work, they're out.

by Anonymousreply 36March 26, 2023 1:39 AM

Why is he doing that’s dangerous? Because of the split control of Congress, no important bills are being voted on.

Get. Grip, R35. You’re sounding like someone I hope to never meet.

by Anonymousreply 37March 26, 2023 1:46 AM

Yeah, this weak right-wing fascist wants to target Fetterman but he doesn't have a fucking thing to say about Mitch.

How about Jim Risch - he's 80 and someone had better check on Chuck Grassley.

by Anonymousreply 38March 26, 2023 1:53 AM

Fetterman isn’t recovering on a timeline. After say x months, it’s not fare to his constituents to remain as Senator. Let the Dem Gov pick a replacement. Ditto for Mitch.

by Anonymousreply 39March 26, 2023 1:54 AM

fair. I’d say 6:months with no signs of improvement is a good time to talk about this seriously.

by Anonymousreply 40March 26, 2023 1:56 AM

I think this man is as unwell as he is unattractive. There’s just something grotesque about his looks to me. Maybe it’s the insanity manifesting or something tout he is not mentally competent to be a United States Senator. He needs to fucking resign already so the governor can appoint that little hottie guy who shouldda been the Dem nominee

by Anonymousreply 41March 26, 2023 2:32 AM

R37 No important bills are being voted on. You think that's all Senators do? He's making 174,000 dollars a year and he has better health care than most of us.

by Anonymousreply 42March 26, 2023 2:39 AM

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 03/22 **13**

This wannabe celebrity is a political spouse. She will be a very big celebrity when someone discovers the affair she is having and who the person is. The other person is just as big of a story as the affair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43March 26, 2023 4:13 AM

WASHINGTON (AP) — Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell said Saturday he has been released from the rehabilitation facility where he had physical therapy for a concussion caused by a fall earlier this month.

by Anonymousreply 44March 26, 2023 8:24 AM

[quote] Okay shit-for-brains [R35], then Mitch is out the fucking door as well.

Fucktard, unlike Mitch, John hasn’t done any work.

by Anonymousreply 45March 26, 2023 8:31 AM

[quote] No important bills are being voted on.

Oh, so that makes it okay? Jesus Christ. Fetterman is a disaster. If it’s not one thing it’s another. Yes, it’s good that Oz didn’t win but Fetterman is an embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 46March 26, 2023 8:33 AM

R7 Fwiw:

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 03/22 This wannabe celebrity is a political spouse. She will be a very big celebrity when someone discovers the affair she is having and who the person is. The other person is just as big of a story as the affair. Gisele Barreto Fetterman/John Fetterman (Gisele Fetterman takes kids to Canada after media trucks circle their home)

by Anonymousreply 47March 26, 2023 8:36 AM

He looks like Anton Lavey. Having said that, clinical depression can be tricky to treat, he'll never be free from it,

by Anonymousreply 48March 26, 2023 8:57 AM

Any guesses who Gizzy is fking??

Whoever it is must have a low bar. Or gurl has some hidden talents.

by Anonymousreply 49March 26, 2023 9:59 AM

[quote]Let the Dem Gov pick a replacement.

The replacement will be Gisele Fetterman.

by Anonymousreply 50March 26, 2023 10:06 AM

Whoa..is that it?? Giz is Fkin the Dem Governor?

by Anonymousreply 51March 26, 2023 6:21 PM

Then there will be a special election and the Rs might get 6 years and the senate. Can't happen. He needs to recover. He's probably unintelligible. Did anyone actually watch the entire debate with Oz?

He may have severe brain damage.

by Anonymousreply 52March 26, 2023 6:43 PM

R51, Don't assume it's a man.

Also, JFC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53March 26, 2023 6:47 PM

The debate was so cringe. Even the most die hard Republican must have felt bad for him. My heart just ached for him.

My husbear said, not bad enough that they let him to dress like Lurch, now the they are parading him on camera while he's speaking like Lurch...

Wonder if he had ECT. The effects of the zap can take a while to fade. If he got the amnesia could be an issue for sure.

by Anonymousreply 54March 26, 2023 6:48 PM

He’s returning to the Senate in a couple weeks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55March 30, 2023 7:17 PM

People must have really hated me to vote for this.

by Anonymousreply 56March 30, 2023 8:02 PM

Yes, we did. You, your policies and your political party.

by Anonymousreply 57March 30, 2023 8:10 PM

They did, Mehmet. They really did.

by Anonymousreply 58March 30, 2023 8:11 PM

Fetterman has been released from inpatient treatment for depression. He says that he's "so happy to be home".

by Anonymousreply 59April 1, 2023 8:14 AM

Must be nice to have that kind of healthcare coverage.

by Anonymousreply 60April 1, 2023 4:24 PM

Isn't it kind of ironic that it's always the Democrats who live a healthy life and eat clean always get struck down with some shitty health issues, while the Repugs who lead a shitty life are in good shape?

by Anonymousreply 61April 1, 2023 5:01 PM

[quote]the Democrats who live a healthy life and eat clean

I wouldn't put Fetterman in that category - he looked like a walking heart attack before he got one for real. But in general a lot of it is luck/genes (lifestyle factors do matter but not as much as most people think they do).

by Anonymousreply 62April 1, 2023 5:04 PM

[quote]Must be nice to have that kind of healthcare coverage.

Exactly. That’s elite.

by Anonymousreply 63April 1, 2023 5:05 PM

[quote]If he got the amnesia could be an issue for sure.

It doesn't matter. He just needs someone to tell him whether to say "Yea" or "Nay".

by Anonymousreply 64April 1, 2023 8:24 PM

[quote]It doesn't matter. He just needs someone to tell him whether to say "Yea" or "Nay".

Yep. The awkward truth about partisanship.

by Anonymousreply 65April 1, 2023 8:41 PM

r3 - WHY NOT?

If you watch Fox News, all you know about Fetterman is that his wife claimed to be bisexual and he is mentally deficient and unfit to serve.

If you actually learn about his background, you'll find: He graduated college, got an MBA, joined Americorps (post college volunteering), went back to school to get degree from Harvard school of public policy, moved back to a dying small town to become an unpaid Mayor and used his family money to stay afloat while dedicating himself to the job of fixing his struggling hometown. He also created and ran youth and afterschool programs in that area. Then he was PA's Lt. Governor for 4 years, where he made a name for himself by very publicly pushing progressive politics like gay rights and marijuana legalization. THEN ran for senate.

Those are the kind of people we want in government. People who have learned the nuts and bolts of public policy and have the tolerance to work in government, which is not easy, and usually frustratingly slow. The fact he's good at media is just a bonus. For many politicians today, that's all they are--media savvy.

by Anonymousreply 66April 1, 2023 9:34 PM

R66 Well, you seem to be in denial about a few things. Also, I don't want Ivy Leagers in government or people with family money.

by Anonymousreply 67April 1, 2023 9:47 PM

And I didn't pick that up from fucking Fox news, he was hospitalized for deprtession, that means in danger of beiing suicidal, usually

by Anonymousreply 69April 1, 2023 9:51 PM

And he was just elected!

by Anonymousreply 70April 1, 2023 9:52 PM

[QUOTE]Leagers

[QUOTE]deprtession

[quote]beiing

No wonder you don't like educated people when you can't spell.

by Anonymousreply 71April 1, 2023 9:59 PM

Gisele Fetterman is not having it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72April 2, 2023 7:34 AM

He was interviewed today on CBS' softball Sunday Morning show by Jane Pauley. He still seems terribly sad. Hard to believe he's over his depression. Felt so sorry for him. He seems totally lost. I was unaware 1 out of 3 people who have a stroke end up suffering from depression.

by Anonymousreply 73April 2, 2023 7:13 PM

R72, oh sweet Jesus. She wrote an op-ed to decry the stereotype of the power hungry wife?!?!

Hell yes. Fantastic.

Is this performance art?

by Anonymousreply 74April 2, 2023 9:15 PM

[Quote] They’re the same attacks leveled at Meghan Markle, Jada Pinkett Smith, and Jill Biden—my apparent competitors for “worst wife in America.” They echo the dehumanizing bullying that women like Hillary Clinton and Michelle Obama have faced for decades.

And they leave women shouldering a heavier side of the blame, no matter what we do.

To hear my critics tell it, it’s my fault that John ran for Senate. It’s my fault that he won. It’s my fault that he had a stroke, and it’s my fault that he’s depressed. And somehow, at the same time, I’m just a wife who should stay at home and out of the public eye.

Uh oh.

by Anonymousreply 75April 2, 2023 9:22 PM

Poorly educated person at R17, you do know that Senators are elected to represent the entire state, right?

Fetterman represents all of the people of Pennsylvania, not just the citizens of Philadelphia. Please make a note of it.

by Anonymousreply 76April 2, 2023 9:53 PM

R60, why are you irked that he has health insurance?

by Anonymousreply 77April 2, 2023 9:54 PM

He seems so much better. Glad he sought help.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78April 4, 2023 8:12 AM

I'm not irked that he has health insurance, R77. I am irked that that kind of care is only available to US Senators or the wealthy.

by Anonymousreply 79April 4, 2023 4:50 PM

Well, Walter Reed is a Naval hospital, R79. Maybe if you joined the Navy, you could go there too.

by Anonymousreply 80April 4, 2023 6:01 PM

Watching the interview dude still looks miserable. Gizz looks like she Hates him..

by Anonymousreply 81April 5, 2023 1:13 AM

R80, when did Fetterman serve in the Navy? After he left his hometown of Braddock after all the jobs he worked?

by Anonymousreply 82April 5, 2023 1:15 AM

[quote]gizz looks like she Hates him.

Yeah, I notice that at the swearing in ceremony.

by Anonymousreply 83April 5, 2023 1:20 AM

abe lincoln looking motherfucker

by Anonymousreply 84April 5, 2023 1:25 AM

Unlike Fetterman Abe Lincoln's brain didn't blow up until the very end

by Anonymousreply 85April 5, 2023 1:40 AM

R85, oh you're bad.

Lincoln went to the theater; Fetterman brings the theater wherever he goes.

by Anonymousreply 86April 5, 2023 1:42 AM

He seems recovered from the stroke but still very depressed. I hope the meds they give him work because his life seems joyless.

by Anonymousreply 87April 5, 2023 1:48 AM

That sucks because if that record is all true, sounds like he's a great pick for politics. I wonder if they tried ketamine infusions? I suffer from severe depression and have tried almost everything but that and I'm ready to shell it the cash to get better. Depression is a bitch, where you can go about your life, be caring, etc , or it'll absolutely drown you.

by Anonymousreply 88April 5, 2023 3:14 AM

R88, no. His record is bullshit. His dad is a rich Insurance broker from York- the worst, racially stratified area in central PA. He's never had a real job. Got an MA at the Kennedy school at Harvard. His dad bought him Braddock so he could be mayor. Gisele wrote him a fan letter and met him and married him...

He shouldn't have done this. He wasn't meant to, isn't able to, isn't ready to.

by Anonymousreply 89April 5, 2023 3:20 AM

Oh, but he wore a hoody on MSNBC and my family in the Bay Area sent him money for his campaign.

... you really have no idea how far and long his bullshit act will reverberate. HE DOES. That's why he went to the hospital.

by Anonymousreply 90April 5, 2023 3:22 AM

[quote] he wore a hoody on MSNBC and my family in the Bay Area sent him money for his campaign.

Very open-minded of them to contribute to a man who hunts innocent black joggers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91April 5, 2023 3:37 AM

So this is the only person in Congress who knows he’s a hack fraud? Seems more likely it was the stroke.

by Anonymousreply 92April 5, 2023 10:40 AM

R92, not everyone's dad can buy them a town.

by Anonymousreply 93April 5, 2023 11:26 AM

John Fetterman supports Medicare for All, so the trolls bitching about him receiving healthcare can STFU.

by Anonymousreply 94April 5, 2023 12:05 PM

Just look at his eyes, cover the lower half of his face during the interview. Big dude is suffering. Gizzy hates him. Think he likes being cucked by either males or females??

by Anonymousreply 95April 5, 2023 12:26 PM

He's good because he's not a refug. Otherwise he seems like a useless cunt.

by Anonymousreply 96April 5, 2023 1:22 PM

"He's a useless cunt, but he's OUR useless cunt." That's what the other side is saying too, R96, which is why they elect so many useless cunts.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if Ds and Rs actually cared whether or not their politicians were useless cunts?

It's just a pipe dream, of course. But it's fun to imagine.

by Anonymousreply 97April 5, 2023 2:39 PM

R97 Ds care a lot more but Rs will never care.

by Anonymousreply 98April 5, 2023 2:43 PM

The ableism here is so depressing.

Maybe the most useless cunt is actually you, R97. Ever consider that?

by Anonymousreply 99April 5, 2023 2:57 PM

Wonder what he was hiding from at Reed? If it's just himself, his being incompetent, a cheating wife. You can run from that shit but it still catches up. Hopefully Daddy's dough can buy him what he needs to hide out in plain sight. Sad, that fake smile, with his eyes screaming in pain. His poor kids.

by Anonymousreply 100April 5, 2023 6:31 PM

Is he Ferengi?

by Anonymousreply 101April 5, 2023 7:36 PM

Big John Fetterman is back to work and much better. He made great use of his time off and is recovering nicely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102April 19, 2023 9:05 PM

Says you!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103April 20, 2023 8:29 AM

Where is Giselle ???

by Anonymousreply 104April 20, 2023 8:52 AM

Yeah, I’d definitely take the NY Post at their word. They never have an agenda!

by Anonymousreply 105April 20, 2023 9:14 AM

Based on the clip in the NY Post article, he did sound a little choppy. Someone needs to pull him aside and tell him to get it together. He can do the job just fine but he needs a reminder.

by Anonymousreply 106April 20, 2023 9:41 AM

You don't have to "take the NY Post's word." There's a video you can watch and interpret however you want.

Jeez, people on this site are such babies.

by Anonymousreply 107April 20, 2023 9:49 AM

Just don't see Fetterman making it through his entire freshman term. Either his demons or health will do him in I'm afraid.

In a few months senate will go on summer holiday. Fetterman should use that time to rest and sort himself out.

by Anonymousreply 108April 20, 2023 10:07 AM

Literally the Senate barely worked this year.

by Anonymousreply 109April 20, 2023 10:13 AM

Budget still isn't done, senate cannot act until something comes out of the House.

Biden, House and senate are gearing up for raising debt ceiling battle as well.

by Anonymousreply 110April 20, 2023 10:16 AM

WTF..For those who hold jobs, could you get away with this shit in your job??

by Anonymousreply 111April 20, 2023 1:01 PM

R111

NOPE! Imagine taking sick time for 3 months!!!

Same w/ Feinstein. This shit only works in government. All about POWER.

by Anonymousreply 112April 20, 2023 2:24 PM

[quote]He shouldn't have done this. He wasn't meant to, isn't able to, isn't ready to.

Pennsylvania Democrats needed a candidate who could WIN, in order to flip that seat Blue. Fetterman was that guy...he knew the PA electorate and was able to win. Dems now have that seat for six years, that's all that matters.

by Anonymousreply 113April 20, 2023 2:36 PM

Shame on those Senators protecting them.

by Anonymousreply 114April 20, 2023 2:37 PM

Seems like Giselle should probably have gone to Washington with him part-time while he's still recovering. She's still living in Braddock, PA full-time from what I can tell. It's not like she has an important job at home or couldn't spend more time with him in DC.

by Anonymousreply 115April 20, 2023 2:39 PM

If winning seats is ALL that matters, R113, it's no surprise that both Democrats and Republicans consistently field shitty candidates that make government shittier overall at all levels. No one should be the tiniest bit surprised at MTG or George Santos, or Trump for that matter. No one should lament the leadership in SF, or Lightfoot and Johnson in Chicago.

They WON and that is ALL that matters.

by Anonymousreply 116April 20, 2023 2:50 PM

Isn't it touching how 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦 hard-hitting fearless truth-telling media outlet protected the voters from the unpleasant conditions of the candidate during the entire campaign. Issues had they known might have persuaded themselves to vote their conscience instead of the party line.

Who says the business has no heart.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117April 20, 2023 3:14 PM

In the past I'm sure there were many Senators who were suffering from dementia, strokes, depression. The press always covered it up because illness was considered private. However today there is no privacy so the media is not supposed to cover this stuff up.

by Anonymousreply 118April 20, 2023 3:25 PM

Hell, the media back in the day hid that FDR was a cripple.

by Anonymousreply 119April 20, 2023 3:30 PM

[quote]Pennsylvania Democrats needed a candidate who could WIN, in order to flip that seat Blue. Fetterman was that guy...he knew the PA electorate and was able to win. Dems now have that seat for six years, that's all that matters.

A box of hair would have won against Oz.

by Anonymousreply 120April 20, 2023 3:37 PM

They do nothing anyway so who cares?

by Anonymousreply 121April 20, 2023 3:38 PM

R106 write: Based on the clip in the NY Post article, he did sound a little choppy. Someone needs to pull him aside and tell him to get it together. He can do the job just fine but he needs a reminder.

Dear god. I can't believe there are people out there who think like this. yes, please tell the stuttering stroke victim to "Get it together".

He is a reliable democratic vote. He won the election. He can push a yes or no vote button just fine. He doesn't need to be leading hearings until he feels up to it.

by Anonymousreply 122April 21, 2023 1:28 AM

Speaking of "sounding," have you heard the Robert Kennedy who plans to run for president? He has a throat condition which make him sound unintelligible, voice flutters when he talks. A person who suffers from this problem could never win the confidence of voters,

by Anonymousreply 123April 21, 2023 1:48 AM

[quote]He has a throat condition which make him sound unintelligible, voice flutters when he talks. A person who suffers from this problem could never win the confidence of voters,

Having voice problems hasn’t hurt that bitch from Maine.

by Anonymousreply 124April 21, 2023 11:43 AM

Shocking that Gisele, who can’t miss a photo op or connection to power, is not with him after this ordeal.

by Anonymousreply 125April 21, 2023 11:50 AM

RWNJs still have their knives out for Gisele I see.

The ableism and sexism on display here is stomach turning. Truly vile.

by Anonymousreply 126April 21, 2023 1:00 PM

Oh pls, Gisele knew what she was doing when she wrote a letter to Fetterman. He was her mark 🎯

by Anonymousreply 127April 21, 2023 1:02 PM

Oh lord!

This lady loves this shit! What other Senator wives are constantly posting to social media. She can just not post or make statements to the press.

Don’t tell me this woman doesn’t love the spotlight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128April 22, 2023 12:38 PM

r127 Giselle married him 15 years ago. She is still with him. She had three kids with him.

The fan letter meeting is kind of wild. But it was before the age of social media. Today, dropping into strangers DMs is how a portion of ALL new couples meet. Public figures get even more DMs and if they're of interest to their target, they get responses.

by Anonymousreply 129April 25, 2023 2:57 AM

If this guy had an R after his name a lot of people here would suddenly see he's not qualified and their sympathy would dry up.

by Anonymousreply 130April 26, 2023 8:47 AM

Of course Giselle shows up in DC for the WHCD, but didn’t come when her husband was in the hospital?

This lady knows when the cameras will be around….

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131April 30, 2023 11:12 AM

If he had an R after his name, I'd be amazed he'd seek mental health treatment.

I'll admit to concerns about Fetterman and Biden's fitness for office; it's just that there's no real alternative.

by Anonymousreply 132April 30, 2023 12:13 PM

If he had an R next to his name, he'd be another right wing nut job. He's oppose universal health care and abortion and he'd attract trans people left and right to score points with homophobes. He be complaining about women getting divorces like JD Vance did in Ohio. If he had an R next to his name he'd be a neo-Fascist like every other Republican today. None of us supporting Fetterman currently would support a neo-Fascist. See Fetterman v. Oz if you don't understand.

Moronic conservatives like R103 don't quite get that we support candidates based on their values and experiences, not how "cool" or mean they seem, how big their TV ratings were, or how many mouth breathing idiots flock to their rallies.

by Anonymousreply 133April 30, 2023 12:38 PM

It's painful looking at Fetterman. He can't smile anymore because of his depression. If he doesn't improve in 6-8 months, I think the Dem Gov should think about a replacement. Everything is politics so if it was a Republican in charge, Fetterman could stay forever. But neither he or Feinstein is able to really function in their job.

by Anonymousreply 134April 30, 2023 2:15 PM

[quote] neither he or Feinstein is able to really function in their job.

Like that matters

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135April 30, 2023 2:31 PM

R134, upon what observed criteria are you basing your assessment of Fetterman's inability to do his job? What specific functions or duties of a U.S. Senator do you see him unable to perform?

Are you really saying that, because you claim he doesn't smile "because of his depression," he can't perform the duties of a U.S. Senator? When have you had the opportunity to examine the Senator and question him about his depression, and what credentials empower you to make these professional assessments?

Is "Inability to smile 'because of depression'" an area of expertise for you? US Government certainly isn't, since you believe Governors have the ability to replace US Senators at will.

by Anonymousreply 136April 30, 2023 4:07 PM

As long as he can show up to vote, he can do his job. Feinstein has been absent for a significant period of time, and they can't get any judges confirmed because she's on the Judiciary Committee. That's a bigger problem, and she needs to go. She's fucking 90.

by Anonymousreply 137April 30, 2023 4:21 PM

If a Senator dies or resigns, a Governor can replace them (in most states.) The rules will vary. If you saw Fetterman's interview he said his depression was so intense he lost all interest in life. If you read Al Franken's book, you will see that being a Senator is actually a very demanding job. It takes alot of energy to do it well. You can certainly be depressed and do a good job, but Fetterman's depression was/is severe. He may have lost all interest and pleasure in the world. I'm not sure someone like that has the energy for the job.

The job actually invovles more than just showing up to vote. A trained chimp can do that. Again, it's all politics. He's a Dem, so I agree he needs to stay. But people here would attack any Repub in his condition.

by Anonymousreply 138April 30, 2023 4:24 PM

r134 It doesn't work like that. Gov. Shapiro doesn't get to "start thinking about a replacement" because Fetterman doesn't seem well. Fetterman gets to decide if he wants to stay a senator. If he doesn't, Shapiro can replace him but it would trigger a new election within a year (can't remember how PA senate seats work but there was a 1991 election to finish John Heinz's term, a Democrat won, and then that senator had to run again for full term in 94--and lost to Rick Santorum.

by Anonymousreply 139May 4, 2023 8:10 AM

im R139. When I said Shapiro can replace him, I meant after Fetterman resigns and leaves office. Larry Craig claimed he was going to resign within weeks and then changed his mind and stuck around longer. Until he's actually resigned, there's nothing to do

by Anonymousreply 140May 4, 2023 8:12 AM

If we fired people for depression, there wouldn’t be a workforce.

by Anonymousreply 141May 4, 2023 8:14 AM

No other Senator spouses are posting about this Senate Leadership Dinner. Only Gisele…

Plus WTF is that dress, she looks ridiculous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142May 10, 2023 8:35 AM

Gisele Fetterman may think she is hot shit in PA, but she looks like a cheap loser in DC.

by Anonymousreply 143May 10, 2023 9:06 AM

But she’s gay friendly , so there’s that

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144May 10, 2023 9:11 AM

^ with her unidentified gay bestie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145May 10, 2023 9:12 AM

She seems harmless, but yes she’s clearly a social climber.

by Anonymousreply 146May 10, 2023 9:26 AM

R146

Clearly a gold digger, social climber.

by Anonymousreply 147May 10, 2023 9:35 AM

And don’t forget Gisele loves POWER & STATUS too.

by Anonymousreply 148May 10, 2023 9:48 AM

Gisele looks like the overdressed low-class lady who just got invited to the country club.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149May 10, 2023 10:09 AM

Gisele is Julia Roberts character in Mystic Pizza!!!

by Anonymousreply 150May 10, 2023 11:51 AM

Latinas are Hot!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151May 10, 2023 12:08 PM

WURK it Gurl!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152May 10, 2023 12:10 PM

Gisele is fabulous and a friend to the gays. No wonder RWNJs hate her.

by Anonymousreply 153May 10, 2023 12:18 PM

I 💌 John & Gisele

by Anonymousreply 154May 10, 2023 12:25 PM

And Joe Biden is "fit for office as President of the United States?" ..... 😂

by Anonymousreply 155May 10, 2023 12:29 PM

So she’s no Stepford wife. Do we really want another Ann Romney? She does a lot of volunteer work and is out there in the community, and she’s getting ragged on for her clothes? Really? Must be a slow day.

And an ambitious politician’s wife? Never saw that before!

by Anonymousreply 156May 10, 2023 12:30 PM

At least she’s not covered in tattoos.

by Anonymousreply 157May 10, 2023 12:37 PM

The right wing loons of DL can't stand that Gisele isn't some shrinking violet TradWife because they hate feminists. Women like Gisele threaten them because they're scared of strong women who don't defer to men. Then there's her non-Aryan ethnicity, which StormfrontLounge cannot abide...

by Anonymousreply 158May 10, 2023 12:42 PM

Who’s the grifter Giselle Fetterman lover on this thread?

by Anonymousreply 159May 10, 2023 2:25 PM

Awww r159, are you sad that we all think Republican wives suck?

by Anonymousreply 160May 10, 2023 2:27 PM

Tried to watch the NBC interview with John. Not a fan of him, or wifey, but DAMN. Felt so bad for this guy. What a mess. His eyes freaked me out. Couldn't watch the whole thing. Hope whoever are his caretaker/guards are keeping a good eye on him. He exudes.."Of danger to himself & others"

by Anonymousreply 161May 10, 2023 2:32 PM

R149 The dress is proof enough she doesn't really have any gay friends.

by Anonymousreply 162May 10, 2023 2:44 PM

[quote]Who’s the grifter Giselle Fetterman lover on this thread?

A non-MAGAt.

Why are you even here, R159? This is a gay liberal website and I doubt you're either of those things. Just fuck off. You aren't wanted and you don't belong. Try twitter.

by Anonymousreply 163May 10, 2023 3:10 PM

To the MAGAts, a woman who is strong and independent is always labeled a grifter. God forbid she doesn’t depend on a man for anything. She can’t be doing this stuff on her own, so she’s a grifter.

by Anonymousreply 164May 10, 2023 3:22 PM

R162

Or Gisele doesn’t have style or taste, but she markets herself as a fashionista.

She reeks of desperation.

by Anonymousreply 165May 10, 2023 3:25 PM

And you reek of stupidity, MAGAt.

by Anonymousreply 166May 10, 2023 3:37 PM

She’s never marketed herself as a fashionista, r165. She’s always “marketed” herself as an activist and feminist. The inept extent to which you’re trying to malign her reeks of desperation.

by Anonymousreply 167May 10, 2023 3:59 PM

I think we all remember the old feminist adage, "marry the man you want to be."

by Anonymousreply 168May 10, 2023 6:21 PM

Gisele is not going to happen & she makes her husband look stupid in a respectable position of government.

by Anonymousreply 169May 10, 2023 7:51 PM

R169 just stop. You sound moronic. Except for right wing trolls who fixate on any woman they hate, most people have no idea who his wife even is.

by Anonymousreply 170May 10, 2023 8:41 PM

His wife is very popular with his supporters. The people criticizing her are not Fetterman supporters, never were, and never will be because they're all right wing conservatives. No one cares what they think, least of all the Fettermans.

by Anonymousreply 171May 10, 2023 8:43 PM

Cute!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172May 11, 2023 6:02 AM

You old Republicans just don't get it-

Becoming a Senator's wife is like, maybe, like, one of the fifth best ways to get likes.

MAGA idiots. You just do not understand democracy.

by Anonymousreply 173May 11, 2023 10:03 AM

Once again, what other spouse of a senator is on a sunday show?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174June 4, 2023 7:56 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175June 17, 2023 3:40 AM

If he had an R he’s to his name R175 there would be 10 threads daily asking for him to step down.

by Anonymousreply 176June 17, 2023 7:47 PM

If they didn't mind Fetterman taking a gun and hunting down black men at night, mental competency can't be too tough an issue

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177June 17, 2023 8:17 PM

He reminds me of a child with his wardrobe choices.

Bet now that Giselle spends time in DC, she realizes adult men don’t dress like they rolled out of bed.

by Anonymousreply 178June 17, 2023 8:27 PM

Poor guy. Baby’s got the gloomies too bad to put his big boy pants on. He should be allowed to dress for a methadone clinic when making major policy changes that affect his constituents.

Guess the criticism over this means another six month stay in the nuthouse.

by Anonymousreply 179June 17, 2023 8:29 PM

He's smiling

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180August 16, 2023 9:45 PM

Harris County (Houston) Judge* Lina Hidalgo has taken a leave of absence for inpation depression treatment.

* In Texas, the county judge is the chief elected official for the county.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181August 16, 2023 9:49 PM

Aargh, inpatient. I have no idea where inpation came from.

by Anonymousreply 182August 16, 2023 9:50 PM

Do we can either have ancient fossils or people that require tons of medical assistance to lead us? F this.

by Anonymousreply 183August 16, 2023 9:51 PM

The sons are cute but that daughter unfortunately looks a bit rough.

by Anonymousreply 184August 16, 2023 9:52 PM

Nothing a little plastic surgery can’t fix, R184.

by Anonymousreply 185August 16, 2023 9:56 PM

^^^

Back when Billy Joel was very popular, my brother always said "it's good luck for a girl to look just like her father...unless her mother is Christie Brinkley"

by Anonymousreply 186August 16, 2023 9:58 PM

Giselle is a bit rough looking too.

by Anonymousreply 187August 18, 2023 11:03 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188August 19, 2023 12:45 AM

new lewk

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189August 19, 2023 7:00 PM

[quote] what was the bet?

Gisele Barreto Fetterman @giselefetterman · [quote] Chess, always chess

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190August 20, 2023 1:39 AM

Gisele Fetterman tries way TOO hard.

by Anonymousreply 191August 20, 2023 12:31 PM

The question is, what is the PA Democratic party doing behind the scenes? Do they want Fetterman to continue representing the state in D.C.? Is there someone they are quietly grooming to run for the seat? Maybe some operatives are trying to whisper in John's ear that a 2nd run is not good for his physical or mental health?

If PA Dems are not doing those things, they do not have the nation's best interest at heart. D.C. is going to a mess after 2024... each state should have a functioning senator.

by Anonymousreply 192August 20, 2023 1:26 PM

Senator Diane Feinstein is literally just there to vote, like John Fetterman.

by Anonymousreply 193August 20, 2023 1:30 PM

[quote] Is there someone they are quietly grooming to run for the seat?

Maybe that’s is why:

[quote] Gisele Fetterman tries way TOO hard.

by Anonymousreply 194August 20, 2023 1:31 PM

Sorry for the typo ^

by Anonymousreply 195August 20, 2023 1:33 PM

[quote]If PA Dems are not doing those things, they do not have the nation's best interest at heart. D.C. is going to a mess after 2024... each state should have a functioning senator.

R192 is an interesting case. Multiple accounts.

And after the thread was moribund since June, after the worms had finished their ad hominem attacks, it pops up again and nothing addresses Sen. Fetterman's present performance, which is fine.

Troll. Cunt. Stealth MAGA. Or no stealth about it.

by Anonymousreply 196August 20, 2023 1:40 PM

And R192 also had to post elsewhere about all those "men dressing like women" when mentioning a documentary about transvestites and transgender people in the 1950s-1960s.

These assholes are pervasive here. KIWF.

by Anonymousreply 197August 20, 2023 1:43 PM

Go away, all you non-Pennsylvanians and/or MAGAts.

Fetterman is our guy. Shapiro is our guy. And President Joe Biden is our guy.

Trumptards lost bigly in 2020, and that will be viewed in retrospect as a gentle zephyr come Hurricane Dark Brandon 2024.

Re Gisele: Wake us up when you find her nudie pix and hangin' with Epstein pix. Oh, wait. That was Melanoma. Able to say "escort" in 7 languages. Wonder which golf hole she's picked out.

by Anonymousreply 198August 20, 2023 1:43 PM

So, I posted the R192 comments. I do not have multiple accounts. I always use the ByJupiter when posting... I don't know what R196 and R197 are referring to...

by Anonymousreply 199August 20, 2023 2:04 PM

"The question is, what is the PA Democratic party doing behind the scenes? Do they want Fetterman to continue representing the state in D.C.? Is there someone they are quietly grooming to run for the seat?"

An idiot might ask that question. Fetterman was elected in Nov 2022 and took office in January 2023. His next election, if he runs, is in Nov 2028 and his term ends in January 2029.

A senator has district offices around the state filled with government paid employees who do all sorts of work for constituents. They also have a main office in D.C. also filled with employees--who are all hard at work handling the needs of the state's citizens. You can look up on Google all the things a Senator's office can be helpful with. Usually things dont need to be run by the Senator for the office to do the work on behalf of citizens who need help. This work is non partisan. It doesn't matter if you are represented by a Democrat but are hanging a giant Trump sign on your lawn--the office will help you if you're a resident of the state and need help under the things they do.

The senator voting is also important--on both committees and for whole senate votes. It's why Feinstein can't leave, even though she shouldn't be there. Republicans refuse to say they will let her be replaced on the judiciary committee--which means if she takes off, Democrats will not be able to get federal judges appointed. It used to be assumed "hey, the state voted for a democrat, she had to resign for health reasons (or died) and now a new Democrat will replace them" but it's not technically in the rules and its one of many "norms" in government that have gone out the window with hyperpartisanship.

by Anonymousreply 200September 8, 2023 8:43 PM

He seems in fine shape now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201September 13, 2023 12:59 AM

John Fetterman is a man child who needs to wear a fucking suit to work like every other mature male in the Senate.

Him & Gisele are gross.

by Anonymousreply 202September 23, 2023 1:24 AM

R202 the Dataloung Karen having a meltdown about fashion sense of politicians. have another glass of box wine Dear.

by Anonymousreply 203September 23, 2023 1:34 AM

Damn right he needs to wear a suit.

by Anonymousreply 204September 23, 2023 1:58 AM

As long as he keep hating on the GOP I'm fine with him.

by Anonymousreply 205September 23, 2023 2:21 AM

Is gonna come out fabulous and luxurious?

by Anonymousreply 206September 23, 2023 2:44 AM

I hope he gets a letter from his therapist that states suits, ties and formal clothes are triggering for him. He needs to sue the clothes Nazis under the ADA and get an Emotional Support Llama for him to bring on the Senate Floor for votes.

by Anonymousreply 207September 23, 2023 2:51 AM

R207- 🤣

by Anonymousreply 208September 23, 2023 2:56 AM

Put that fucking suit on like a real man.

by Anonymousreply 209September 23, 2023 1:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!