Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Noel Gallagher misgenders Sam Smith and calls them a 'f***ing idiot' in rant

Oasis frontman Noel Gallagher, 55, referred to the non-binary singer as 'him' as he ranted about the 'current state of pop music' while taking aim at Sam Smith

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82April 6, 2023 12:08 PM

This is actually Noel’s way of complementing Sam and current pop music. You should see him when he’s angry!

by Anonymousreply 1February 27, 2023 6:09 PM

[quote]You should see him when he’s angry!

Yes, Liam, we know.

by Anonymousreply 2February 27, 2023 6:12 PM

Dated has-been says what?

by Anonymousreply 3February 27, 2023 6:12 PM

Noel might be washed up now but millions still listen to What's the Story today. Will we be saying the same thing about Sam Smith 25 years from now? I think not.

by Anonymousreply 4February 27, 2023 6:14 PM

He's completely right.

by Anonymousreply 5February 27, 2023 6:14 PM

Is he wrong?

by Anonymousreply 6February 27, 2023 6:15 PM

He calls a him a him. National scandal!!!!

Fuck this stupid retarded world.

by Anonymousreply 7February 27, 2023 6:18 PM

This mutherfucker can fuck right the fuck off. HASBEEN THAT NEVER WAS.

by Anonymousreply 8February 27, 2023 6:21 PM

Brotherly love

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 27, 2023 6:27 PM

Love this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10February 27, 2023 6:42 PM

Its one thing to be an almost old man and make bitter cranky comments on a place like DL. Its another to be a washed up rock star and make a fool of yourself in public being crank.

by Anonymousreply 11February 27, 2023 6:56 PM

Noel has a record and tour to promote

by Anonymousreply 12February 27, 2023 7:17 PM

[quote]complementing Sam and current pop music.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 13February 27, 2023 7:44 PM

That's LITERAL VIOLENCE!!

by Anonymousreply 14February 27, 2023 7:44 PM

Why is everybody coming for Sam Smith these days?

by Anonymousreply 15February 27, 2023 7:47 PM

This is so completely out of character for Noel!

by Anonymousreply 16February 27, 2023 7:49 PM

R15 because he’s everything wrong with the modern world.

by Anonymousreply 17February 27, 2023 7:49 PM

The Gallagher brothers are so loathsome. They both have serious emotional disorders, but the british press keeps rattling their cages to make them spew venom.

(By that I do not mean Noel "misgendering" Sam Smith.)

by Anonymousreply 18February 27, 2023 7:50 PM

He clearly didn't make it a point to misgender Sam and is just unaware that he claims to be enby.

by Anonymousreply 19February 27, 2023 7:53 PM

R15 because he's shit

by Anonymousreply 20February 27, 2023 7:55 PM

How did I, a child of the 90s, miss the fact that Liam and Noel used to kiss each other? This is also around the time of Angelina and her brother too, wasn’t it?

Was there some kind of ‘fake incest trend of 1997’ or something?

by Anonymousreply 21February 27, 2023 8:10 PM

I always loved Oasis and Liam is a great frontman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22February 27, 2023 8:28 PM

“Misgender” is the ultimate gas light. People are turned into “bigots” for stating literal, easily verified truth.

by Anonymousreply 23February 27, 2023 8:28 PM

R21 They did it a lot when they weren’t trying to kill each other.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24February 27, 2023 8:32 PM

“Dermot oblong” is Damon Albarn but the “girl or boy” part is interesting. Could one of the Gallagher brothers be bi?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25February 27, 2023 8:44 PM

The media - especially the British media - loves a celebrity who'll talk shit.

The Gallaghers haven't sold a record since the Clinton administration, but they'll talk shit about practically anyone so they get buckets of ink.

by Anonymousreply 26February 27, 2023 8:50 PM

[quote]It comes amid a tough time for Sam and just weeks after they were cruelly branded "demonic" and "evil" by a stranger while walking in Central Park.

This tough time, including Noel's pile-on, will inspire an emotional new album called "Resilient!"

by Anonymousreply 27February 27, 2023 8:57 PM

[quote] tough time for Sam and just weeks after they were cruelly branded

Who was he with?

JFC.

by Anonymousreply 28February 27, 2023 9:03 PM

LOL - the way the headline is written, I read it to mean that "f*cking idiot" was the misgendering and was confused how either "f*king* or "idiot" is gendered.

by Anonymousreply 29February 27, 2023 10:08 PM

It'd have more oomph if it was said by someone who wasn't also a fucking idiot. (Admittedly for different reasons.)

by Anonymousreply 30February 27, 2023 10:11 PM

[quote] Why is everybody coming for Sam Smith these days?

Because he’s a narcissistic fascist pig. Women are not winning awards now because he demanded that gendered categories be removed. His response was to feign sadness.

by Anonymousreply 31February 27, 2023 10:15 PM

R22, that is absolute shit. American Idol level bad.

by Anonymousreply 32February 27, 2023 10:17 PM

Not a Gallagher fan but he has a point.

by Anonymousreply 33February 27, 2023 10:18 PM

Sam is having a tough time due to his own choices.

When you will do anything for attention, you don't get to act like a hurt puppy just because some of the attention is negative.

Oh, look, I misgendered him. Go full trans, and I will call you she. Keep your beard, and show off your chest hair in a sequined Lane Bryant bargain bin number, and I will keep calling you he. NB is nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 34February 27, 2023 10:25 PM

Noel Gallagher, well known nutter and all-purpose crank, desperately seeking attention again.

His Worldwide Privacy Tour must be starting up soon.

by Anonymousreply 35February 27, 2023 10:25 PM

Well, if the shoe fits....

by Anonymousreply 36February 27, 2023 10:29 PM

LOL at "misgendered"

Sam is a man who is doing this they/them shit for attention

by Anonymousreply 37February 27, 2023 10:59 PM

Do you know Sam Smith, R37?

by Anonymousreply 38February 27, 2023 11:07 PM

R38 He does

by Anonymousreply 39February 27, 2023 11:09 PM

Fuck Ham Smith!

by Anonymousreply 40February 28, 2023 12:55 AM

R6, Noel Gallagher and his dickhead brother Liam contributed greatly to the decline of pop music with their drunkard, football hooliganism shrills and lower class trite that passed itself off as music so yes he is wrong.

Blaming Sam Smith for this is just laziness.

by Anonymousreply 41February 28, 2023 1:44 AM

Fucking/Idiot. Hmm those seem to be the correct pronouns.

I don't see a probelm here.

by Anonymousreply 42February 28, 2023 1:51 AM

R4, never heard of it. Sam Smith’s music has been viewed billions of times. His earlier work is still relevant. "Stay with Me," "I’m Not the Only One," and "Writing on the Wall," which were written for the James Bond franchise, will maintain his musical longevity.

The same can’t be said for the Gallagher’s.

by Anonymousreply 43February 28, 2023 2:02 AM

R34, I’m actually glad he’s only a "they/them" because that means he hasn’t mutilated himself and will likely drop the label once the trend is over. You support transitioning, at least we know you’re sick in the head.

by Anonymousreply 44February 28, 2023 2:08 AM

I remain nothing less than astonished that the handsome and talented Brandon Flynn was actually romantically involved with that mess. The mind boggles.

by Anonymousreply 45February 28, 2023 2:13 AM

[quote]because he’s everything wrong with the modern world.

He’s a pop star, not your damn babysitter. Tell us more about your cries for the end of Western Civilization.

by Anonymousreply 46February 28, 2023 2:19 AM

R25 it’s thought by some that the physical character design of Murdoc of Damon’s side band Gorillaz is somewhat based on both Gallaghers (obviously mixed with the more eloquent and flamboyant personality of Brett Butler). Damon came to like and admire Oasis, once out of the melee of the Britpop years.

Leemo & Damo always got on ok, though rather different as people (Liam has called Damon “boring” and “pretentious” in the past). It stung Liam a bit when Damon decided to cozy up to Noel rather than him after the ugly business of the Oasis split. Liam was also fond of Gra Coxon off of Blur, but that was mostly back when both still drank to excess.

I don’t know either Gallagher brother personally, but imagine that if you catch either in a more sober mellow moment, Liam is probably the more naturally agreeable and friendly and affectionate of the two. Both have belligerent moments and seem to lack tact and a filter, but Noel has a calculating and acerbic aspirant streak that dopey silly Liam lacks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47February 28, 2023 2:24 AM

R46 must be big through the hips, roomy.

by Anonymousreply 48February 28, 2023 2:29 AM

R9, he practically has his tongue down his throat. Not only do they look like a product of incest, but they are keeping the incest line going for future Gallaghers.

by Anonymousreply 49February 28, 2023 2:31 AM

I just can't with this Sam Smith. I've always had an icky feeling about him. Like something really bad is going to come out about him, giving the raving lunatic Christians more ammo against us.

by Anonymousreply 50February 28, 2023 3:27 AM

Noel used to be seen as the semi responsible, sane one in the family, but then Liam worked on himself and Noel just turned into a crabby old Tory. He complains about other musicians almost as often as Morrissey does.

Don't strain yourselves trying to turn this into a trans thing or a gay thing, you big dorks. It's an old drunken crank being an old drunken crank.

by Anonymousreply 51February 28, 2023 3:30 AM

What does he do when he's angry R1?

by Anonymousreply 52February 28, 2023 3:58 AM

He didn't "misgender" him. Sam Smith is male. Biological fact whether attention seeking mentals like it or not.

by Anonymousreply 53February 28, 2023 4:36 AM

"Like something really bad is going to come out about him, giving the raving lunatic Christians more ammo against us."

Because it's always wise to behave the way raving lunatic Christians wants us too?

I guess your pronouns are "idiot" and "coward."

by Anonymousreply 54February 28, 2023 6:26 AM

GET OFF HIS LAWN

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55February 28, 2023 6:37 AM

Both the Gallagher brothers have moved on from Oasis.

Noels High Flying Birds is headlining festivals this Summer, and Liam was in the highly regarded Beady Eye until recently (now touring solo).

People thought they'd crash and burn, but in my opinion, they both continued to create good music after Oasis (I wasn't a huge Oasis fan).

by Anonymousreply 56February 28, 2023 6:47 AM

[quote] Not only do they look like a product of incest, but they are keeping the incest line going for future Gallaghers.

You...do know they can’t reproduce, don’t you...

I know we’re all about erasing biology around these parts, but come on, now. We aren’t quite yet in an mpreg world.

by Anonymousreply 57February 28, 2023 10:19 AM

Not an Oasis fan, but the title track to Morning Glory is epic. Wonderwall, Champagne Supernova and Don't Look Back in Anger are all shit to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58February 28, 2023 9:30 PM

Why do artist rail against each other. There are literally thousands of singers, each doing his own thing.

And please, as if Oasis should be the paragon for current music.

by Anonymousreply 59February 28, 2023 9:33 PM

No name yells at superstar demanding why he's not at famous too

by Anonymousreply 60February 28, 2023 9:34 PM

[quote]No name yells at superstar demanding why he's not at famous too

Who is who?? I don't see any superstars here.

by Anonymousreply 61February 28, 2023 9:42 PM

At this point, Sam Smith is more famous for being fat, gender shenanigans, and a criminal dress sense than he is for singing.

by Anonymousreply 62February 28, 2023 9:45 PM

Smith just had two number 1 hits in a row. That's pretty good for someone I didn't expect much of after his first album

by Anonymousreply 63February 28, 2023 9:47 PM

[quote]The same can’t be said for the Gallagher’s.

Had YouTube existed in the '90s, Oasis would have view counts that dwarf those of Smith. They've sold more than 70 million records worldwide (tens of millions more than Smith) and were, per Guinness World Records, "the most successful act in the United Kingdom between the years 1995 and 2005." Their old work remains so profitable that Noel's happy to rest on those laurels rather than reunite.

Don't misinterpret that as a defense of a Gallagher calling anyone else a "fucking idiot," though. That's the pot calling the kettle black.

by Anonymousreply 64February 28, 2023 9:53 PM

If that's all Noel had to say about Sam, he got off lightly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65March 1, 2023 12:54 AM

He did not lie.

by Anonymousreply 66March 1, 2023 1:15 AM

Sam Smith is male. He’s a desperate queen who wants attention but he’s so FUG he can’t get it on looks so he needs to pretend he’s fenderless and a plural noun. He feigns disgust when someone calls a Male a HIM. Oh the horror of misgendering. Fuck the fuck off all the non binary bullshit artists. THERE ARE BIOLOGICALLY TWO GODDAMN GENDERS. You are born one. If you don’t feel it is right, you become the OTHER one. The end.

by Anonymousreply 67March 1, 2023 1:22 AM

You know what? I used to be annoyed by the idea of referring to people as “they/them,” but now, I’m ironically embracing it.

Not to give them dignity, but to disparage them.

I will not refer to Lia Thomas or Dylan Mulvaney as women. They are not worthy of being called women. But they are not longer men.

As for Sam Smith, they is so disgusting and repulsive, why dignify them as a man or a woman?

You want to be a they! I’ll give you they, you disgusting they!!

by Anonymousreply 68March 1, 2023 6:36 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69March 1, 2023 6:56 AM

If some reporter has asked me about that annoying, fat freak, I too would have used the word "him." And not as a slight or insult. What is the alternative: They? It? She? He/She? Whatchamacallit?

It's not my job to know someone else's fantasy identity pronouns or to play by their rules of address.

"He" and "she" are for specificity of reference, not as insult, not to enquire about someone's musings on their "gender identity."

by Anonymousreply 70March 1, 2023 8:13 AM

#teamnoel

by Anonymousreply 71March 1, 2023 8:36 AM

Sam Smith's rean pronouns are it's/it/its

by Anonymousreply 72March 1, 2023 11:23 AM

It misunderstood the k!inderwh0re assignment, I see.

by Anonymousreply 73March 1, 2023 11:42 AM

Noel and Liam are hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 74March 2, 2023 7:18 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75April 5, 2023 7:36 PM

[quote] How did I, a child of the 90s, miss the fact that Liam and Noel used to kiss each other?

It was hushed up. Western media didn't want to admit they were communists

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76April 5, 2023 8:59 PM

I don't see the problem. Fucking idiot has no gender.

by Anonymousreply 77April 6, 2023 6:55 AM

I'll call Greenpeace again...

by Anonymousreply 78April 6, 2023 7:24 AM

The British still delusionally think that mediocre, overrated Oasis is some sort of timeless band like the Beatles. They aren't even Queen or Led Zeppelin or even Def Leppard. Oasis doesn't mean sh*t in the US and we determine what band's have lasting impact. Oasis was popular in England because they were British at a time when Britain needed some national raised self-esteem and the whole Brit-Pop thing came into being as a result. Well, it's over and the music that was created may hold some nostalgic meaning to them but it doesn't mean squat here in the States. Its popularity was personality driven because Noel and Liam were such boorish assholes and the Brits embraced it as working class English honesty instead of the crass douchebaggery it really was. Oasis sucked and the feeble music that Noel and Liam are making now that they've separated is clear evidence that they were never very talented. By the way, Noel ripped off, as in plagiarized, A LOT of the music they made from other artists.

by Anonymousreply 79April 6, 2023 9:18 AM

R79 No, no they don’t.

by Anonymousreply 80April 6, 2023 9:20 AM

How very dare of you Oasis!

by Anonymousreply 81April 6, 2023 12:03 PM

Lmao, R79! Its so fucking true. What the hell is Wonder Wall anyway?.Champagne Supernova too, but I like that song. They aren't the geniuses they've been made out to be. Comparing them to The Beatles, is an abomination.

by Anonymousreply 82April 6, 2023 12:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!