Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Class of ‘07 on Amazon Prime

New campy Lord of the Flies teen girl survival series drops on St. Patrick’s Day at an Australian girl’s school ten year reunion when the apocalypse happens and the world falls away to leave only a small island of their school.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 17, 2023 5:21 AM

I don't think I see Datalounge being enthusiastic about a show revolving around a bunch of teenage girls.

by Anonymousreply 1February 27, 2023 4:18 AM

685 posts to Yellowjackets, which wasn’t even overtly a comedy says otherwise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 27, 2023 4:23 AM

This looks like fun and it's nice to see Emily Browning again. The lchatters hate for Caitlin cracks me up though.

by Anonymousreply 3February 27, 2023 9:16 AM

This is perfect weekend binge material, a cross between Yellow Jackets and Ja’mie: Private School Girl, with a wonderful lead who’s a smart Kimmy Schmidt with a more likable actress. Highly recommend it for some fun escapism and keeping the Last of Us poco going!

by Anonymousreply 4March 17, 2023 4:22 PM

they failed at portraying the fashion and aesthetic of that time. where are the gladiator sandals or the i wish i was hayley williams looks

by Anonymousreply 5March 17, 2023 4:24 PM

R5 oh nevermind it's the class reunion it isn't set in 07, i didn't read a word and watched the trailer on mute.

by Anonymousreply 6March 17, 2023 4:25 PM

R3 the way I grew up desperate to Lesbian-wife Emily Browning...still am desperate to tbh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7March 17, 2023 5:02 PM

What the hell is netball, I thought that was something Kath & Kim made up?

by Anonymousreply 8March 17, 2023 5:03 PM

R8 semi-popular court sport played by young girls & lesbians in Britain, South Africa & Australia. Considered chauvinistically to be the 'girls' version' of basketball or handball.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9March 17, 2023 5:08 PM

Why is there no representation of this sport at the Olympics?

by Anonymousreply 10March 17, 2023 5:26 PM

r10 I asked my new Bing A.I. assistant:

[quote]Netball is not a feature of the summer Olympics because of the sport’s lack of global reach. The global netball community consists of mainly Commonwealth countries at the international level. The International Olympic Committee (IOC) requires a high geographical scope for inclusion in the Olympics, played by men in 75 countries and by women in 40. Netball is mostly played in Commonwealth countries which is why it is not yet seen played at the Olympics.

by Anonymousreply 11March 17, 2023 5:40 PM

Netball was the only sport the other girls would let chubby nerdy clumsy pre/teen Me play with them, and they always stuck me in as the GK because the playground/P.E. team were good enough that they didn't let a lot of goals through, so I didn't have to do much.

by Anonymousreply 12March 17, 2023 5:43 PM

R11 And curling is SOOOOOO international? This sounds misogynistic to me, or if it’s that heavily lesbian influenced homophobic or maybe fatphobic of the Olympic committee.

by Anonymousreply 13March 17, 2023 5:45 PM

One reason that netball is hard to market as a spectator sport is that the pace of play is relatively slow. E.g. Players can only travel with the ball with certain set-ups, and much of the time when they receive the ball have to stand still and swivel to find a pass.

by Anonymousreply 14March 17, 2023 5:58 PM

r13 Baseball was dropped as an Olympic sport due the same lack of international reach. Cricket and American football aren't Olympic sports for that same reason. Nothing to do with misogyny.

I do agree that curling doesn't have enough global reach to satisfy the 75/40 criterion, but it's more evenly dispersed than netball or any of the sports I mentioned above. It's played in Japan, the US, Russia, China, Denmark etc. So that probably helped it get in.

by Anonymousreply 15March 17, 2023 6:13 PM

Emily made the right choice by not doing Twilight. And it's terrible but i like Suckerpunch.

by Anonymousreply 16March 18, 2023 3:16 AM

I’m hooked. It’s bingeworthy and there’s strong acting.

Emily Browning and Caitlin Stasey are women to watch.

by Anonymousreply 17March 19, 2023 6:20 PM

I was going to say Caitlin hasn't really done anything since Reign but i forgot about Smile.

by Anonymousreply 18March 20, 2023 10:19 AM

This show was made for Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 19March 20, 2023 10:42 PM

[quote]One reason that netball is hard to market as a spectator sport is that the pace of play is relatively slow. E.g. Players can only travel with the ball with certain set-ups, and much of the time when they receive the ball have to stand still and swivel to find a pass.

But is it worth losing a toe over?

by Anonymousreply 20April 16, 2023 9:51 AM

[quote]The lchatters hate for Caitlin cracks me up though.

What are Ichatters and why do they hate Caitlin?

[quote]Emily made the right choice by not doing Twilight.

Emily was going to be in Twilight? What’s the story there? Why would you turn down a star-making role. We could have been spared unleashing Kristen Stewart onto the world.

by Anonymousreply 21April 16, 2023 9:54 AM

This is a weird show that I didn’t know what to make of but oddly couldn’t stop watching. It starts with a parody of The Bachelor and then the girls do a Survivor tribal council to vote off the girl they want to kill and eat. One girl has the immunity idol so Jeff keeps reading her name and says “does not count”. I don’t think that was fair. They should have eaten her anyway. She was organic as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 22April 16, 2023 9:59 AM

[Quote] What are Ichatters and why do they hate Caitlin?

LChat is a site for lesbian gossip. They don't like Caitlin because she claimed to be a lesbian while being married to a man. But they split up and she's dating a woman now. Some seem to think she fucked Margot Robbie when they were on Neighbours.

[Quote] Emily was going to be in Twilight? What’s the story there? Why would you turn down a star-making role. We could have been spared unleashing Kristen Stewart onto the world.

Emily is who Stephenie Meyer pictured as Bella, but at the time, Emily wasn't sure if she wanted to continue acting so she turned it down. Although she ended up making a cameo in The Host, probably as a favour to Stephenie.

by Anonymousreply 23April 16, 2023 5:17 PM

Was Emily a really famous person that Stephenie Meyer from the US would even have heard of her? Who is she and why would she be bestowing favors to Meyers like she’s the queen? Shouldn’t it be the other way around?

by Anonymousreply 24April 16, 2023 9:42 PM

R24 umm Emily was in A Series Of Unfortunate Events. And it was a 30 second cameo. Don't know what queen shit you're talking about....

by Anonymousreply 25April 17, 2023 5:21 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!