Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Thirty Years Ago Today Was The FIRST Attack Of The World Trade Center.

People say never forget when referring to 9/11 but they DO forget 2/26/93 when six people lost their lives.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9March 18, 2023 8:36 PM

Obama was President for both attacks.

by Anonymousreply 1February 27, 2023 5:03 AM

My mother died in that one, too.

by Anonymousreply 2February 27, 2023 5:16 AM

I remember it because I was visiting NY that day with a friend, we were sitting in an Egyptian cafe having falafel and hibiscus tea (awful stuff) when we heard the sirens and the cafe television interrupted with the news.

by Anonymousreply 3February 27, 2023 5:23 AM

I was waiting at Logan Airport for a flight home watching coverage on CNN.

by Anonymousreply 4February 27, 2023 5:45 AM

People forget that it was an FBI informant who suggested the WTC as a target to the group

by Anonymousreply 5February 27, 2023 5:49 AM

Do you mean the blind sheikh, r5? Was he already an informant or did he become an informant later on? If the former...wow.

by Anonymousreply 6February 27, 2023 6:14 AM

I vividly remember that day. I was in junior college full time Mon-Thurs, & had Fridays off. That Friday was cloudy & rainy & I woke up early to do housework & homework & saw the news during GMA.

I kinda forgot about the attack, but my Grandma, who was very into the news, was talking about Osama around this time, I forget how knowledgeable she was.

by Anonymousreply 7February 27, 2023 6:24 AM

the sky was so overcast that day

by Anonymousreply 8February 27, 2023 3:11 PM

I fell 22 stories.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9March 18, 2023 8:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!