Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Suazanne Somers is losing her friends and fans over her political support for Trump

Actress Suzanne Somers and her husband supposedly put their Palm Springs desert home up for sale because their once-friendly neighbors seemed to 'shut out' the couple over their political beliefs. It's been said the couple has lost plenty of friends and the actress has committed 'career suicide' - all because of her support for Trump.

A few years ago, she publicly supported Trump as well as his re-election bid in 2020, saying she was 'happy with him' in the Oval Office, and happy with how the economy improved under his administration. Before he took office, she was very vocal about her opposition to President Obama - saying his Presidency was one of the most 'divisive' she has ever witnessed in her lifetime.

"And it's become divisive in the industry that if you're not part of the group, you should probably keep your thoughts to yourself," she told Fox Business News at the time. Her views didn't sit well with her Palm Springs neighbors nor with her Hollywood friends. In 2021, she put her beloved Palm Springs ranch up for sale, feeling pushed out by the community.

Said one former neighbor of the actress, "Their vocal support of Donald Trump didn't make them everyone's favorite neighbor anymore. Suzanne has lost friends because of her political views. It's sad, but she knows when she's not wanted."

by Anonymousreply 243April 1, 2023 7:03 PM

Well, no one has ever accused Suzanne Somers of being smart.

by Anonymousreply 1February 25, 2023 3:20 PM

She’s disgusting. She used to be a shoplifter and has been arrested for passing bad checks.

by Anonymousreply 2February 25, 2023 3:22 PM

Other than her money, Donald Trump wouldn't want anything to do with a saggy titted old hag like Suzanne Somers (even though he himself is a saggy titted old hag).

by Anonymousreply 3February 25, 2023 3:26 PM

Since Suzanne has a tendency to overshare about EVERYTHING, I'm sure those around her are subjected to Somers informed political reviews as well!

by Anonymousreply 4February 25, 2023 3:29 PM

Career suicide? What career?

by Anonymousreply 5February 25, 2023 3:32 PM

I wouldn't say Somers has saggy tits. She has spent too much money on her body to let anything sag. She's his "Ivanaka" type - all false and blond hair.

by Anonymousreply 6February 25, 2023 3:33 PM

Suzanne Somers and her hubby should support any party or political candidate they want.

Too bad about their neighbors though. I would ask: (1) what career, and (2) why are they surprised at their neighbors' reactions?

by Anonymousreply 7February 25, 2023 3:33 PM

Oh, honey -- that's not the only reason.

by Anonymousreply 8February 25, 2023 3:34 PM

She has fanatically espoused dangerous medical views for years now, in addition to all of the sex talk. Former friends might use Trump as the excuse for severing ties but she's undoubtedly been on thin ice with them for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 9February 25, 2023 3:34 PM

Improved the economy my ass.

by Anonymousreply 10February 25, 2023 3:35 PM

Career suicide?

Not the first time.

by Anonymousreply 11February 25, 2023 3:35 PM

If you find yourself as a political minority in a certain area, you tend to just keep your mouth shut to get along. Of course, Suzanne was probably obnoxious with her remarks and Trump paraphernalia.

by Anonymousreply 12February 25, 2023 3:37 PM

Agree with R9. Her support for Trump is an excuse to jettison her plastic ass out of their lives. We've all been there.

by Anonymousreply 13February 25, 2023 3:38 PM

It's not smart to discuss controversial views with neighbors, because you all need to be able to get along reasonably well and to count on each other in a crisis.

How did Suzanne make it to 75 without realizing that?

by Anonymousreply 14February 25, 2023 3:40 PM

She’s an idiot. Just like other MAGATs.

by Anonymousreply 15February 25, 2023 3:48 PM

Apparently, her compound was spread over more than 60 acres - so she wasn't exactly rubbing elbows with them. If she wished to have any political fundraisers for Trump, or was gathering with other Trump supporters on her compound - how would they know ? And why would they care ?

Furthermore, living on a 60 acre compound - don't you already feel isolated ? Why the need to sell ?

by Anonymousreply 16February 25, 2023 3:50 PM

The only people who are dumber than those who would take their political cues from a has-been bimbo actress/infomercial pitchwoman, are those who would take dietary and medical advice from a has-been bimbo actress/infomercial pitchwoman.

I'll never forget the book she wrote in which she claimed that the evil medical establishment had diagnosed her with "total body cancer", and how she cured herself with whatever holistic, woo-woo nonsense she was peddling at the time.

I knew she was full of shit, because "total body cancer" isn't a thing. It just isn't. There isn't an oncologist on Earth who has ever uttered those three words together, ever. And the bitch knew damn well that her doctors couldn't not publicly refute her claims, due to HIPAA, so she could say whatever she wanted without any real pushback. And she took this bullshit fairy tale onto all the usual major media outlets and used it to sell her book full of lies.

No wonder she loves Trump. She's an immoral huckster, just like him.

by Anonymousreply 17February 25, 2023 3:55 PM

[quote]Improved the economy my ass.

For rich people, that translates to "cut my taxes," as Trump did.

by Anonymousreply 18February 25, 2023 4:00 PM

What rag is this from? They've been trying to sell that 'compound' for years. It's just too big for an elderly couple - and yes, they are elderly, particularly her husband.

This is all bullshit. Now Richard Grennell - I believe he sold his PS home and good riddance. He WORKED for the Trump administration and has been a right-wing clueless gay for decades. I could see him getting the cold shoulder in Palm Springs by other gays.

by Anonymousreply 19February 25, 2023 4:00 PM

Hasn’t she been trying to sell that place for many, many years now? Even before Trump became president? Or was that another home in Palm Springs?

Interestingly enough, all the hipsters and first time homebuyers are moving out there, or nearby surrounding areas, like Indio & Coachella Valley.

I recently met a young lady who is driving out there on weekends, looking at houses, and I have some friends that moved out there last year, as well.

It’s becoming almost impossible for 1st time home buyers to buy in Los Angeles, so they’re moving to the desert.

by Anonymousreply 20February 25, 2023 4:00 PM

I kinda wonder if this is true.

There's a fair number of Trumpers/MAGAs in and around Palm Springs, and even some of the eldergays are a bit more conservative when you venture outside topics like gay marriage.

And I didn't think she had many neighbors.

by Anonymousreply 21February 25, 2023 4:01 PM

Wonder if she’s anti vax?

Probably. She’s kooky AF when it comes to medical care.

I don’t necessarily disagree with some of her views regarding menopause, but some of her views regarding more serious things like cancer, are dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 22February 25, 2023 4:05 PM

I think this is her second or third home she has lived in Palm Springs. Didn't the last two get ruined by the fires ?

by Anonymousreply 23February 25, 2023 4:06 PM

[quote]And the bitch knew damn well that her doctors couldn't not publicly refute her claims, due to HIPAA, so she could say whatever she wanted without any real pushback.

R17 thank you for this response. This explains why so many celebrities can come forward and make such false claims - none of their doctors treating them can break HIPAA. So these morons can say they've been diagnosed with anything, self-cured themselves, and sell millions of books and endorsed products.

What a scam.

by Anonymousreply 24February 25, 2023 4:09 PM

Does she still piss the bed?

by Anonymousreply 25February 25, 2023 4:13 PM

Wasn’t the “body cancer” all a cover for her liposuction?

by Anonymousreply 26February 25, 2023 4:33 PM

No one should be canceled for political opinions.

And although I didn’t vote for him it is true the economy was better under Trump. East

by Anonymousreply 27February 25, 2023 4:38 PM

She sold the large compound and moved. This story is as old as whatever original body parts she has left.

Listed by Josh Flagg and Bobby Boyd.

by Anonymousreply 28February 25, 2023 4:40 PM

Do they still get a supermarket discount from Alan’s prior career shilling for Alpha-Beta?

“Career Suicide” made me laugh out loud. As if? …so long as there are fat people watching cable news…her Thighnaster will be available if you call NOW.

by Anonymousreply 29February 25, 2023 4:47 PM

R27

I agree with your first sentence, wholeheartedly.

Your second sentence is factually incorrect as to before or after his term, unless YOUR definition includes nothing more than non-core inflation over a limited time period…which is not anyone elses’s definition.

by Anonymousreply 30February 25, 2023 4:58 PM

[quote]it is true the economy was better under Trump

Funny, he was handed a booming economy, low interest rates, low unemployment, a soaring stock market, robust home sales, and low inflation. He left after the single largest spike in unemployment, a stock market down by 13%, and a nation torn apart by his lies.

I recall all of the talk of a coming recession prior to the pandemic. The economy was not better under Trump for anyone aside from billionaires. Trump added more to the national debt than any other president in history, accounting for a full one quarter of the entire debt in just 4 years, and half was before the pandemic spending Congress authorized to save the worldwide economy.

Trump was a complete failure whether we're talking about the economy, politics, world peace, or any other topic.

by Anonymousreply 31February 25, 2023 5:02 PM

If she's downsizing, she should check out Magda's digs...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32February 25, 2023 5:06 PM

Somebody call the WAAAAMBULANCE!!! The conservatives are ALWAYS playing victim. Seems like when they claim liberals/Democrats/women, etc. are snowflakes, it's just more projection.

Your neighbors don't like you Suzanne, too bad if that hurts your feelings. Same goes for Alan Dershowitz on Martha's Vineyard. Maybe YOU'RE the problem, did you ever think of that?

by Anonymousreply 33February 25, 2023 5:06 PM

OP, what’s the source? Please provide a link.

by Anonymousreply 34February 25, 2023 5:20 PM

Since OP is too fucking lazy to provide a link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35February 25, 2023 5:22 PM

We may not have been born with great thighs but now we can look like we were

by Anonymousreply 36February 25, 2023 5:22 PM

It’s weird how all the female TV stars who faught so hard for women’s rights lost their minds for Donald Trump of all people.

Roseanne Barr Suzanne Somers Kirstie Alley

by Anonymousreply 37February 25, 2023 5:37 PM

[quote]Suazanne Somers is losing her friends and fans over her political support for Trump

Political support for Trump?

We all thought they were dead.

Suzanne Somers and her husband are still alive, who knew?

by Anonymousreply 38February 25, 2023 5:42 PM

She not as bad as DL fave Prince who trashed gays and spoke out against marriage equality.

by Anonymousreply 39February 25, 2023 5:45 PM

I'm going to a lile secret with you;

Her pussy isn't very tight.

by Anonymousreply 40February 25, 2023 5:58 PM

Good! Defections have consequences.

by Anonymousreply 41February 25, 2023 6:03 PM

R35 - thanks for the link. It’s odd, that story has a recent date, but clearly was written several years ago.

by Anonymousreply 42February 25, 2023 6:08 PM

I've had a close friend for 10 years who's Far Left Jewish liberal ..."My family has always been Democrats." She'd vote for Hitler is he were on the Democratic ticket. We maintain a great relationship by never discussing politics. It's that easy.

by Anonymousreply 43February 25, 2023 6:15 PM

I’m her world, “improve the economy” means the stock market does well for rich people.

by Anonymousreply 44February 25, 2023 6:16 PM

[quote] It's not smart to discuss controversial views with neighbors, because you all need to be able to get along reasonably well and to count on each other in a crisis.

Yeah, I agree. I try not to get into politics and religion with my neighbors and coworkers. What's the point. Potential romantic partner or friend, yes, I'd like to know their views.

by Anonymousreply 45February 25, 2023 6:18 PM

That Alan Hammel really did a number on her! She was at the VERY top of the game and it was all snatched back!

by Anonymousreply 46February 25, 2023 6:26 PM

She’s always been a moron, so who expects anything modestly intelligent from her?

These folks with money want to hang onto every dime. I guarantee if they audited her they’d find all sorts of fraud.

by Anonymousreply 47February 25, 2023 6:26 PM

She's not a moron, she's a snake oil saleswoman who got rich from selling shit that doesn't work and may in fact be dangerous to one's health.

by Anonymousreply 48February 25, 2023 7:07 PM

R5 Career suicide, made me laugh. I mean look how much it hurt Scott Baio.

by Anonymousreply 49February 25, 2023 7:18 PM

Obama: The most divisive President ever!

Trump: The man we admire for bringing "us" together again.

That's her logic. No need to pay much more attention to the poor lass.

by Anonymousreply 50February 25, 2023 7:20 PM

Her husband looks like a mix of Hugh Hefner and Bob Barker.

by Anonymousreply 51February 25, 2023 7:31 PM

"Lass", r50? The correct term would be...crone.

by Anonymousreply 52February 25, 2023 7:34 PM

Where does she sell her candy, cremes, hormones and ponchos now? I haven't seen her on HSN or QVC for several years.

by Anonymousreply 53February 25, 2023 7:59 PM

See??? I told you she was a cunt!

by Anonymousreply 54February 25, 2023 8:42 PM

[quote] It’s weird how all the female TV stars who faught so hard for women’s rights lost their minds for Donald Trump of all people.

[quote] Roseanne Barr Suzanne Somers Kirstie Alley

Those people never fought for women’s rights. Roseanne was a deranged second wave feminist. She’s also borderline.

by Anonymousreply 55February 25, 2023 8:42 PM

[quote] I’m her world, “improve the economy” means the stock market does well for rich people.

Americans’ 401k’s are tied to the stock market, dear. That’s the American middle class.

by Anonymousreply 56February 25, 2023 8:44 PM

The read middle class doesn’t have that much in a 401k, if they have one at all.

by Anonymousreply 57February 25, 2023 8:56 PM

stoopid bimbo

by Anonymousreply 58February 25, 2023 9:12 PM

R57 is correct. Essentially, it is mid-upper level white collar types (=upperish middle class and above) who gave “real 401(k) $.

by Anonymousreply 59February 25, 2023 9:31 PM

R32. That’s actually a house with good bones, and on a great lot. I’d underbid by a few hundred thousand, spend $750K to cure the more “decorative” features…and live the life of an old, happy fuckup.

by Anonymousreply 60February 25, 2023 9:32 PM

Alan looks like a leather purse that got left in a tanning bed

by Anonymousreply 61February 25, 2023 9:45 PM

Her health related books were literally dangerous. Goop is her successor, although not quite as bad.

by Anonymousreply 62February 25, 2023 9:51 PM

That’s such bullshit anyway about “not tolerating” - go on fellow Trumper Alana Stewart’s IG and the majority of the people she’s pictured hanging out with (Jaclyn Smith and I suppose Joan Collins aside) are on the other side of the aisle. And someone posted a wtF picture here not long ago of Suzanne with Jennifer Aniston and Courteney Cox, and I think Laura Dern. These “liberal snowflakes” will put up with you if you’re not obnoxious about your views all the time. I’m guessing (if this is even true) she’s becoming more and more vocal at inappropriate times.

Btw, if you go on to her IG, she’s really moving, acting and talking like an old lady. Compared to other actresses who are her age, I mean.

by Anonymousreply 63February 25, 2023 9:52 PM

Didn't she break her neck and hip?

by Anonymousreply 64February 25, 2023 9:58 PM

Suzanne’s Palm Springs house has been on and off the market for years and years. No one wants to buy it. It requires a funicular to get up to it because it sits so far up into the mountains and I think it was on the market for something like $20 million. I remember seeing it on the Kathy Griffin episode. Where is Suzanne going to move - Alabama? Kentucky? Nobody but Sylvester Stallone and Angie Harmon will want to deal with her stupid political views.

by Anonymousreply 65February 25, 2023 10:08 PM

Take back *your* mink, bitch...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66February 25, 2023 10:08 PM

Her neighbors definitely don't want to "Come and Knock on her Door"!

by Anonymousreply 67February 25, 2023 10:16 PM

Support an idiot of a clown and own up to it.

by Anonymousreply 68February 25, 2023 10:23 PM

Buy your own Suzanne Somersault vintage mugshot today!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69February 25, 2023 10:26 PM

[quote] Independent Voter

How to tell me in 2023 that you're an idiot without telling me you're an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 70February 25, 2023 10:27 PM

Suzanne seems the type that would be into stupid QAnon conspiracy theories. And a supporter of cavewoman Marge.

by Anonymousreply 71February 25, 2023 10:28 PM

[quote] Where is Suzanne going to move - Alabama? Kentucky?

She should follow the fellow MAGA has-been Leigh Allyn Baker's example and move to Tennessee.

by Anonymousreply 72February 25, 2023 10:30 PM

cunt!

by Anonymousreply 73February 25, 2023 10:31 PM

Suzanne is an icon, the biggest star from Three's company, no matter her political views.

by Anonymousreply 74February 25, 2023 10:33 PM

As noted, “independent” voters are few and far between. Many years of post-election voting patterns (at least at the federal election level) indicate that such uncommitted votes will ultimately vote with the same party over again. These voters pretend to independent, but they’re stars—just like us! 🥴

by Anonymousreply 75February 25, 2023 10:33 PM

Bless your heart, R74. You sound like you're not long for this world.

by Anonymousreply 76February 25, 2023 10:35 PM

She's no more an icon than Loni friggin' Anderson, r74.

by Anonymousreply 77February 25, 2023 10:46 PM

She's right up there with Urkel

by Anonymousreply 78February 25, 2023 10:58 PM

She's just down-sized, Suzanne isn't moving to some hillbilly state. Although she should.

Dinner parties with Barry Manilow must be a blast.

by Anonymousreply 79February 25, 2023 11:00 PM

Her husband liked to watch her eat pussy.

by Anonymousreply 80February 25, 2023 11:03 PM

Friends and fans?

Plural?

by Anonymousreply 81February 25, 2023 11:12 PM

She could always sell & move to the villages in Florida. Was watching a documentary last night on that place on YouTube. That place is truly awful. It's also constantly expanding too. They're constantly buying up land to make the community bigger. They're also destroying the community in which it exists. The whole thing was very dystopian & depressing. They also worship Dwight Eisenhower.

Suzanne would fit right in there. She's in the age bracket too.

by Anonymousreply 82February 25, 2023 11:12 PM

There's also sink holes starting to take whole in the villages. But no one wants to talk about it. And they get angry if anyone brings it up. I believe vice did the documentary.

by Anonymousreply 83February 25, 2023 11:14 PM

Maybe it was the nudity?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84February 25, 2023 11:19 PM

Obama was a damn good president.

by Anonymousreply 85February 25, 2023 11:19 PM

From what I've read it sounds like she's moving to a different location in Palm Springs. I don't think it has anything to do with her being a Trumpster outcast with her neighbors.

by Anonymousreply 86February 25, 2023 11:24 PM

She wanted to be paid what the men were being paid and she paid the price!

by Anonymousreply 87February 25, 2023 11:24 PM

Yeah, that's what destroyed her career.

by Anonymousreply 88February 25, 2023 11:25 PM

There must be something in the bleach.

by Anonymousreply 89February 25, 2023 11:29 PM

OP- That isn't it.

It's her support for the THIGHMASTER that is losing her friends and fans

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90February 25, 2023 11:34 PM

She's not even that rich. The revenue is generated & the company pays her a fixed amount. Probably between $15 and $20 million a year before taxes.

Just like celebrities and those perfume contracts. Which is why Paris Hilton is not a Billionaire like Kim Kardashian. Kim owns her businesses. Paris has a long-term contract to endorse perfume with her name on it & they pay her a set amount every six months. I believe $25 million. That's $50 million a year before taxes. Still a lot of money, but nit Kim K money.

Suzanne has the same deal. Or had the same deal. These people don't run shit. They're just the face & name of these brands & they cash in big time.

by Anonymousreply 91February 25, 2023 11:40 PM

R84 I could see her neighbors wanting her to move out of the area for that. She posted that on social media thinking that was a good looking 73. Everyone else thought she looked grotesque.

by Anonymousreply 92February 25, 2023 11:41 PM

She looks like Trump in the photo at R84

by Anonymousreply 93February 25, 2023 11:42 PM

R91, you think between 15-20 million a year income is not that rich? Smell you!

by Anonymousreply 94February 25, 2023 11:45 PM

Actually, she looks like a silverback gorilla with a cheap blond wig @R84. Hiding in her natural habitat.

by Anonymousreply 95February 25, 2023 11:46 PM

R91- I just asked Alexa

She said Suzanne Somers is worth an estimated $100 million

by Anonymousreply 96February 25, 2023 11:56 PM

[quote] Actually, she looks like a silverback gorilla with a cheap blond wig

You've described Marjorie Taylor Green perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 97February 25, 2023 11:59 PM

She sold her Malibu lots awhile ago for $12 million. She certainly has more money than she deserves.

by Anonymousreply 98February 26, 2023 12:04 AM

She should move to Couer d’Alene ID and go on the dinner theater circuit. They’d love her there. There is probably only one dinner theater, but those are her people, and Alan can golf 4 months a year.

by Anonymousreply 99February 26, 2023 12:07 AM

She's a snake oil saleswoman who's pimped out by her husband. His only job, ever, seemed to be "Manager to Suzanne Somers."

Kathy Griffin was impressed with Suzanne, called SS & husband "ballers." Kathy seems pretty good with money, despite being nutty. She divorced her first husband for using her debit card (unauthorized) and stealing $72,000 from her. That's a lot, but it could've been worse.

by Anonymousreply 100February 26, 2023 12:13 AM

Does Alan still eat out her snatch 5 times a day?

by Anonymousreply 101February 26, 2023 12:20 AM

Good! This is exactly what needs to happen. Shame them and put them out.

by Anonymousreply 102February 26, 2023 12:21 AM

R99 isn’t she a converted Jew? Idahoians probably wouldn’t be too into that regardless of her and Alan’s politics.

by Anonymousreply 103February 26, 2023 12:32 AM

"She said Suzanne Somers is worth an estimated $100 million"

My checking account is overdrawn.

by Anonymousreply 104February 26, 2023 1:27 AM

Converted Jew ? I haven't heard that one. Last I heard her talk about religion during an interview, she was still a Catholic.

by Anonymousreply 105February 26, 2023 2:00 AM

Move to rural Nevada Suzanne--no state income tax and you could get deputized to fight any election that doesn't go for Trump! I'm thinking Goldfield or Beatty would be your speed--plus those folks would LOVE your celebrity! Just think of the thighmasters and boner pills you could sell there.

by Anonymousreply 106February 26, 2023 6:21 AM

R105 pretty sure she had married the great Alan Hamel (who is Jewish) in a Jewish ceremony and converted. Read it in a couple places but no don’t really care enough to look it back up.

Alan is, regardless.

by Anonymousreply 107February 26, 2023 6:34 AM

Are you posters retards? She bought another PS house. That article was click bait.

by Anonymousreply 108February 26, 2023 7:38 AM

[quote]No one should be canceled for political opinions.

R27, people have the right to their political opinions, but we have the right to boycott them.

by Anonymousreply 109February 26, 2023 8:14 AM

My college days overlapped with her son Bruce’s. As the story goes, his fraternity brothers (he was a Fiji—Phi Gamma Delta) bought up multiple copies of Suzanne’s famous Playboy issue and plastered her pics all over the house. Anytime he opened a door or hit a bathroom stall, there she was in full glory.

by Anonymousreply 110February 26, 2023 11:00 AM

We hear there is plenty of real estate available for sale in the tRump-loving town of East Palestine, Ohio. Smart gals like Suzanne love vinyl chloride. It gets those stubborn stains out of everything!

by Anonymousreply 111February 26, 2023 1:19 PM

[quote]Move to rural Nevada Suzanne--no state income tax and you could get deputized to fight any election that doesn't go for Trump!

Excuse me, but I'm ALREADY the sheriff!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112February 26, 2023 3:01 PM

[quote] His only job, ever, seemed to be "Manager to Suzanne Somers."

He was a game show host and the spokesmodel for Alpha Beta supermarkets.

by Anonymousreply 113February 26, 2023 3:03 PM

That "Take Back Your Mink" was amazing. So healing.

by Anonymousreply 114February 26, 2023 3:14 PM

I'm really surprised she hasn't moved to Florida yet. So many republicans and celebrities out there - she'd be right at home.

by Anonymousreply 115February 26, 2023 3:20 PM

Maybe she can disguise herself from her neighbors with the aid of the 3 -in-1 Poncho.

by Anonymousreply 116February 26, 2023 3:22 PM

Career suicide?

What is buried in the tomb of Suzanne Somers' career? It can't be the corpse of an actual career. Maybe it's a broken down Thigh Master.

by Anonymousreply 117February 26, 2023 3:26 PM

Well Somers is correct about how the Right wing is mainly shut out of Hollywood. And before the usual gang of idiots reply that that's a good thing and throw around words they don't understand (such as Fascist), let me remind you all of the Sen. McCarthy and what it was like for the Far Left in Hollywood in the 1940s and 1950s. It was wrong then, and it's wrong now.

by Anonymousreply 118February 26, 2023 3:29 PM

Maybe if there were more trailer parks in Hollywood, things would be more evened out politically.

by Anonymousreply 119February 26, 2023 3:37 PM

[quote] Well Somers is correct about how the Right wing is mainly shut out of Hollywood. And before the usual gang of idiots reply that that's a good thing and throw around words they don't understand (such as Fascist), let me remind you all of the Sen. McCarthy and what it was like for the Far Left in Hollywood in the 1940s and 1950s. It was wrong then, and it's wrong now.

McCarthy was a US Senator manipulating federal authority and power to bully, intimidate, and silence actors for their political views.

Since you clearly are too stupid to understand the enormous difference between that and Suzanne Somers's neighbors allegedly not talking to her, I am afraid no one can help you.

by Anonymousreply 120February 26, 2023 3:43 PM

It's *3 way Poncho*, r116.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121February 26, 2023 3:46 PM

It's the Gays, isn't it? Oh, sure, one or two move in and they're delightful, but then they get their friends to move in and the next thing you know they're fucking in the street and redecorating everything 😠

by Anonymousreply 122February 26, 2023 4:50 PM

Thank god she was able to find a president who really knows how to bring people together like Donald Trump. Certainly not divisive!

by Anonymousreply 123February 26, 2023 4:54 PM

She should focus on a revival of the Blond in the Thunderbird. It’s craptastic.

by Anonymousreply 124February 26, 2023 5:05 PM

[quote] Improved the economy my ass.

Suzanne meant he improved the economy for old, saggy-tit pensioners who don't want to pay taxes on their thighmaster royalty checks.

by Anonymousreply 125February 26, 2023 5:18 PM

She had to move when JOYCE found her address

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126February 26, 2023 5:39 PM

Shouldn’t she be more concerned with why her face is melting?

by Anonymousreply 127February 26, 2023 5:40 PM

Whatever happened to Suzanne Somers first husband and Alan Hamel's first wife? They never said a public word about either of them.

by Anonymousreply 128February 26, 2023 5:50 PM

R120 not to mention it’s bullshit - plenty of Republican and Democratic celebrities hang out together at the same LA-centric get together, and many are actual friends.

by Anonymousreply 129February 26, 2023 5:53 PM

Somers supports Trump? Then Fuck that cunt

by Anonymousreply 130February 26, 2023 5:55 PM

She won't move to Florida because with that reptilian skin, she's sure to be mistaken for a gator, shot to death, and turned into a handbag.

by Anonymousreply 131February 26, 2023 5:55 PM

[Quote] She should focus on a revival of the Blond in the Thunderbird. It’s craptastic.

One of my biggest regrets is didn’t see it on Bway

by Anonymousreply 132February 26, 2023 5:55 PM

Plenty of celebrities are Trumpers- they are just smart enough to keep their mouths shut.

by Anonymousreply 133February 26, 2023 5:59 PM

I was shocked with Taylor Dane was. WTF

by Anonymousreply 134February 26, 2023 6:28 PM

She just sounds like a typical FOX news watcher to me. It's the PTL of "news". The sooner we torpedo their satellite from orbit, the better. Then maybe she'd be the mina bird of some local L.A. shock jock (if that is still a thing) instead. At least that kind of toxin is more organic. She should know her bread and butter are as the empty-headed Chrissy Snow with a thigh master between her knees.

by Anonymousreply 135February 26, 2023 6:45 PM

I remember when she said she lost her career over Trump in 2016/17.

Her last IMDb credit was in the 90s.

But sure, blame Donny.

by Anonymousreply 136February 26, 2023 7:03 PM

[quote] She won't move to Florida because with that reptilian skin, she's sure to be mistaken for a gator, shot to death, and turned into a handbag.

Finally she would be of use to someone!

by Anonymousreply 137February 26, 2023 7:05 PM

I bet they sold their Palm Springs house because Barry Manilow and his husband dropped them over the Trump support. They lived next door to Manilow and were BFFs for years.

by Anonymousreply 138February 26, 2023 7:16 PM

She's the hair-dying bimbo type that Ted Cruz hates, so, they both need to shut up.

by Anonymousreply 139February 26, 2023 7:26 PM

I wish the "I finger fucked Suzanne Somers in the Bellagio fountains" troll would return. Those stories were highly entertaining, and said troll was ADAMANT that it really happened. Almost as good as the "my satin shoes were ruined by the Bellagio poop flood" troll.

by Anonymousreply 140February 26, 2023 8:58 PM

Oh I had no idea about Somers being a MAGA cult member.

I'm really going to enjoy watch Serial Mom again!

by Anonymousreply 141February 26, 2023 9:08 PM

I suspect that Suzanne and her husband are swingers. They look the part and they're always talking about sex. So many swingers are Republicans and Trump supporters.

by Anonymousreply 142February 26, 2023 9:44 PM

R142 Maybe she slept with that Roger Stone.

by Anonymousreply 143February 26, 2023 9:49 PM

If Suze and hubby are swingers, they'd LOVE the Villages! She could proudly wear her Trump regalia there as well. Hell, it would probably result in her getting more cock!

If you move to the Villages, though--make sure you're on Prep Suzanne.

by Anonymousreply 144February 26, 2023 9:51 PM

Had she ever made her political views known before Trump? Was she always Republican?

There’s always some sleuth celebrity donation list somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 145February 26, 2023 9:56 PM

R145 We all knew she was a vacuous you-know-what.

by Anonymousreply 146February 26, 2023 10:02 PM

IIRC, I think she was a known Reagan supporter in the 80s. I believe she performed at one of his inaugural events, too.

by Anonymousreply 147February 26, 2023 10:16 PM

Who the hell would want to fuck Alan?

by Anonymousreply 148February 26, 2023 10:38 PM

Suzanne - 7 times a day.

by Anonymousreply 149February 26, 2023 10:39 PM

At least her son turned out just fine. A nice guy—smart, well-educated.

by Anonymousreply 150February 26, 2023 10:46 PM

Son is a Jesus freak

by Anonymousreply 151February 26, 2023 11:21 PM

^ source, please!

by Anonymousreply 152February 26, 2023 11:42 PM

The son is in the business: a “filmmaker”—Berkeley undergrad and Ucla graduate degrees. I call bullshit on the Jesus freak slur.

by Anonymousreply 153February 26, 2023 11:47 PM

The son doesn't appear to be a jesus freak. He posts about watching trashy tv, etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154February 27, 2023 12:10 AM

Read his Instagram. You'll vomit.

by Anonymousreply 155February 27, 2023 12:18 AM

I’ve seen it—same pics as Twitter. What is vomit-inducing about him?

by Anonymousreply 156February 27, 2023 12:23 AM

Ok just noticed - why the hell does Barack Obama follow him on Twitter? Seems weird

by Anonymousreply 157February 27, 2023 12:37 AM

Jenilee actually has done very well financially. She invested in LA commercial real estate and made millions.

by Anonymousreply 158February 27, 2023 1:14 AM

R118, you clearly know nothing about McCarthy and what and Roy Cohn did. Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 159February 27, 2023 2:00 AM

She is beyond stupid, a true idiot. And her one-woman Broadway show, which I show, was embarrassing beyond description. Really one for the books.

by Anonymousreply 160February 27, 2023 2:08 AM

R118, are you out of your fucking mind? Yours may be the weirdest, most confused post I've ever read on DL, and that's really saying something.

by Anonymousreply 161February 27, 2023 2:09 AM

She brags too much about her marriage. I recently heard (on Bethenny Frankel's podcast) her say that she and Alan have a "perfect" marriage. She actually said "perfect" and I'm wondering why she needs to prove this.

by Anonymousreply 162February 27, 2023 2:34 AM

How did that narcissistic asshole ever have any friends in the first place?

And no, two narcissists are not friends to each other - they're real housewives of whatever.

by Anonymousreply 163February 27, 2023 2:44 AM

[quote]If you find yourself as a political minority in a certain area, you tend to just keep your mouth shut to get along.

But she's not a political minority. There are a ton of celebrities who support Trump.

by Anonymousreply 164February 27, 2023 2:48 AM

What's with the Suazanne spelling? Typo? Or a joke I don't get?

by Anonymousreply 165February 27, 2023 3:30 AM

R164, which explains the glittering parties and entertainment not seen since the Kennedy years.

by Anonymousreply 166February 27, 2023 3:40 AM

[quote] There are a ton of celebrities who support Trump.

Indeed. It's a genuine "Who's That?" of entertainment industry.

by Anonymousreply 167February 27, 2023 3:52 AM

Her son is good looking.

by Anonymousreply 168February 27, 2023 4:50 AM

Aside from him saying things like “God blessed us with…” - which is not my taste, but a lot of “normal” people say that - I didn’t see any indication of religious nuttery - and given where he went to school and his profession, I highly doubt it.

He seems like a pretty chill, normal guy - something of a minor miracle given those parents (but she probably was a good mom)

by Anonymousreply 169February 27, 2023 5:39 AM

Whatever, you win.

by Anonymousreply 170February 27, 2023 6:05 AM

I thought Suzanne Summers was dead and had been replaced by a leather ventriloquist's dummy.

The leather detial is quite stunning. It's very uncanny valley.

by Anonymousreply 171February 27, 2023 9:32 AM

This nutcase is also losing friends due to her bizarre wacky 'health' beliefs.

Again, WHAT CAREER?!

by Anonymousreply 172February 27, 2023 10:32 AM

[quote] Since you clearly are too stupid to understand the enormous difference between that and Suzanne Somers's neighbors allegedly not talking to her, I am afraid no one can help you.

Sorry dear, but your blind partisanship is renders you the one hopelessly stupid. But that's okay, you be you.

by Anonymousreply 173February 27, 2023 11:37 AM

[quote] Was she always Republican?

It seems like most women who have long, straight bleached blond hair are Republicans. You can also add in the plastic surgery obsession as well. So preoccupied with appearance and have trouble with aging.

by Anonymousreply 174February 27, 2023 4:39 PM

[quote]It seems like most women who have long, straight bleached blond hair are Republicans.

Have you ever heard of Barbra Streisand ?

by Anonymousreply 175February 27, 2023 7:30 PM

Yes, and Alana Hamilton too.

by Anonymousreply 176February 27, 2023 7:39 PM

R176 at least she looks good though (great, actually).

by Anonymousreply 177February 27, 2023 7:51 PM

She has tried to anything and everything to maintain celebrity status: write a book where she says she was molested, have a perfume, one woman show, QVC, etc

But she sucks at everything,

by Anonymousreply 178February 28, 2023 3:13 AM

She has a good work ethic.

by Anonymousreply 179February 28, 2023 4:10 AM

R179, it's a desperate working ethic

by Anonymousreply 180February 28, 2023 6:01 PM

Does she speak to Joyce DeWitt?

by Anonymousreply 181February 28, 2023 6:26 PM

They are full of shit.

Alan and Suzanne moved because Alan got tipsy at a dinner party and told Barry Manilow that Suzanne and Alan were swingers.

As the end of the evening, Alan invited Barry into their bedroom. Alan said he thought watching two beautiful older women like Barry Manilow and Suzanne Somers making love would be the most beautiful, tender, arousing experience anyone could imagine witnessing.

That nasty old queen Barry started cackling and ran off to tell everyone in the Coachella Valley about this disgusting tale. Alan and Suzanne had no choice but to flee.

by Anonymousreply 182February 28, 2023 6:26 PM

Her nest address: 31705 Da Vall Dr, Cathedral City, CA 92234.

by Anonymousreply 183March 7, 2023 10:54 AM

She looks OK here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184March 7, 2023 10:55 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185March 7, 2023 10:58 AM

Hey, Jennilee at r104! You don’t have time to post on your fuckin’ iPad. Get that Alpine Lace sliced up like I told ya to do AN HOUR AGO! And we need some more of them International flavor coffee creamers at the coffee station. Savvy, chop-chop!

by Anonymousreply 186March 7, 2023 12:46 PM

Hey, Jennilee at [R104]! You don’t have time to post on your fuckin’ iPad. Get that Alpine Lace sliced up like I told ya to do AN HOUR AGO! And we need some more of them International flavor coffee creamers at the coffee station. Savvy, chop-chop!

by Anonymousreply 187March 7, 2023 12:50 PM

R187 Oof, big fail

by Anonymousreply 188March 7, 2023 12:52 PM

Snakeoil salespeople stick together.

by Anonymousreply 189March 7, 2023 12:56 PM

Funny r188, that’s just what the doctor who delivered you said to your mom.

by Anonymousreply 190March 7, 2023 12:57 PM

R182 i would so love for that to be true, have no idea why .

by Anonymousreply 191March 7, 2023 1:07 PM

I wonder if Trump whacks off every time he hears that some has-been celebrity sexpot supports him.

by Anonymousreply 192March 7, 2023 9:48 PM

Just saw an ad with her on Facebook, pushing some drink called Gutbuster. She looks like a melting blow up doll

by Anonymousreply 193March 8, 2023 2:47 AM

Suzanne looks great for her age, much better than any of the other girls from Threes Company.

by Anonymousreply 194March 26, 2023 3:17 AM

R194 = Stevie Wonder

by Anonymousreply 195March 26, 2023 3:39 AM

R194 = DJT who lies about anyone who kisses his ass.

by Anonymousreply 196March 26, 2023 3:42 AM

I would give five years of my life to go back in time and see "The Blonde in the Thunderbird" on Broadway:

[quote]Self-absorption masquerading as self-exploration and self-irony, this so-called “one-woman musical joyride” chronicles Somers’ evolution from zero self-esteem to a level that’s surely off the chart, which might serve as a useful cushion when reading the reviews.

[quote]Those pants! Let’s just say a certain expression pertaining to dromedary hooves can never be far from the minds of those sitting down front.

[quote]In fact, the accounts of most of the major episodes that shaped Somers’ combative self come off as gratingly superficial. Reliving the discovery of breast cancer, she says: “Isn’t it ironic? I became known as the Queen of the Jigglies and that’s where the cancer hit.”

[quote]“I suggest you write about it, Suzanne,” intones her therapist. The subsequent long night of literary purging that follows prompts husband Alan to observe with booming solemnity: “Suzanne, this is a book.” We don’t learn who said, “Suzanne, this is a Broadway show,” thus denying the audience the chance to chase down that criminal and bitchslap them to the ground with an old Thighmaster.

[quote]And then there are the songs. These include standards with jaw-dropping reworked lyrics, such as “If You Knew Suzie” (“She loves to giggle/And wag and wiggle/Wo, wo/Holy Moses, she can jiggle”); a kiddie-voiced “If I Only Had a Brain” that aims for pathos and fails; a bizarrely vulgar modeling ditty (“Sling forward/Shoulders back/Think little walnuts in my little butt crack”)

[quote]Oddly, the moment in the show that feels truest is when, near the final curtain, Somers wheels out a cart laden with her Home Shopping products, from pajamas to self-help tomes, waffle irons to cowboy boots, cover-your-butt T-shirts to lift-your-butt jeans. Hawking these low-rent-Martha Stewart wares (the proceeds of which presumably are bankrolling the show) like a cute but crass market vendor, Somers reveals more of herself than in any of the supposed soul-dredging that’s come before.

[quote]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197March 26, 2023 4:01 AM

Does anybody know what happened to the first Mrs Alan Hamel?

by Anonymousreply 198March 26, 2023 2:09 PM

Suzanne “took care” of the first Mrs.Hamel

by Anonymousreply 199March 26, 2023 3:16 PM

That Variety review was brutally funny. I hope Suzanne read it.

by Anonymousreply 200March 26, 2023 3:19 PM

Having seen that mind-boggling show myself, R197, I can testify that the hilarious Variety review is 100 percent pinpoint accurate.

by Anonymousreply 201March 26, 2023 6:45 PM

I can't imagine why she thought this was a Broadway lebel show.

C list Vegas casino entertainment at best.

by Anonymousreply 202March 27, 2023 11:20 PM

Not even Carnival cruise-worthy. She'd be on the wrong end of a fight that Carnival passengers are notorious for.

by Anonymousreply 203March 27, 2023 11:48 PM

That’s an endeavor that shouldn’t take an inordinate total number of seconds to accomplish.

by Anonymousreply 204March 28, 2023 1:08 AM

Suzanne is a bit crazy, just like all Trumpers. She should be pitied.

by Anonymousreply 205March 28, 2023 1:19 AM

:)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206March 28, 2023 1:43 AM

And stomped r205.

by Anonymousreply 207March 28, 2023 2:10 AM

The fact that she realizes that she's losing all her friends over her ignorant political beliefs and still refuses to to either change her attitude, or keep her big fat mouth shut about her beliefs, shows that she's apparently a fucking moron or someone who has no interest in having friends or having a career in the entertainment industry. The stupid bitch needs to move to Idaho. She'll have friends out her ass there. Obviously touting her right wing beliefs is more important to her than having friends. To me, that demonstrates she's probably mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 208March 28, 2023 12:21 PM

When I was young, I took a class called "Acting for the Camera" that was taught by a former director of Northern Exposure and other successful TV series.

He said that stage and movie actors have the luxury of rehearsing and TV actors usually do not, and that is why most TV actors are cast and succeed in playing roles that parallel who they are in real life, and why TV writers adapt characters over time to be more and more like the actors who play them.

Suzanne Somers is known by most people for playing a dumb but overly confident bleached blonde who rarely has any idea what she is talking about.

by Anonymousreply 209March 28, 2023 12:48 PM

What does her husband do for work again besides being her daily human vibrator? The only thing I know of him is his insatiable needs for sex. Never understood the appeal of Palm Springs. There’s no beach, it’s in a desert and takes forever to get there. What am I missing? I loved living near the coast. It felt like California.

by Anonymousreply 210March 28, 2023 12:54 PM

R210 He fucks her surgically disfigured old lady body and tells her she will win a Nobel prize for her anti-aging system because she doesn't look a day over 25 from head to toe. That's how he earns his keep.

by Anonymousreply 211March 28, 2023 12:59 PM

She and her husband deserve each other.

by Anonymousreply 212March 28, 2023 1:03 PM

Wouldn't she be losing her friends anyway from old age?

by Anonymousreply 213March 28, 2023 1:27 PM

She chose Donald Trump over her friends and career and family.

Surely, Donald Trump will return her love with his world famous unconditional support and loyalty!

by Anonymousreply 214March 28, 2023 1:34 PM

This thread is based on a false premise. She has been trying to sell this place for years (last listed with her friend Josh Flagg), and bought another house nearby.

What career would she have now anyway, besides hawking garbage on a shopping network?

by Anonymousreply 215March 28, 2023 5:05 PM

R215, the title of the thread is "Suazanne Somers is losing her friends and fans over her political support for Trump." She would presumably still have friends, and fans for her past work, even if she no longer had any sort of career, which she doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 216March 28, 2023 5:08 PM

Boo Hoo...

by Anonymousreply 217March 28, 2023 5:12 PM

And I apologize for replicating the type in the thread title.

by Anonymousreply 218March 28, 2023 5:23 PM

Suzanne Somers ate pussy for Alan Hamel.

by Anonymousreply 219March 28, 2023 5:52 PM

Yes, President Obama was the divisive one, Suzanne. His kindness and willingness to work with everyone really highlighted that.

Now moving on from the sarcasm... the only divisive thing about President Obama, was that the racists felt they had a free pass to spew their hatred, that a black man dared to run for President and win. This was heightened when your fellow orange man child, Donald Trump opened the floodgates and made being a sexist, racist piece of shit socially acceptable.

You take credit for women getting better pay, after quitting Three's Company, but Jean Stapleton opened that door before you when she left All In The Family.

Fuck you, you airhead!

by Anonymousreply 220March 28, 2023 11:58 PM

There are plenty of secret Trumpers in Palm Springs. Just smart enough to keep their mouths shut.

by Anonymousreply 221March 29, 2023 12:08 AM

Alan Hamel fan? Here’s your rabbit hole for Alpha-Beta…many of us grew-up with Al🤠

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222March 29, 2023 12:13 AM

More, you say?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223March 29, 2023 12:14 AM

💤 😴 💤

by Anonymousreply 224March 29, 2023 12:15 AM

I've posted this on here before, but while in college I worked for the phone center that took the orders for her bullshit Torso Track and Somersize diet programs. The infomercials for these products never showed the prices ($330 and $150 respectively--in Y2K dollars) because if they did, no one would ever call. So people would call in already frustrated that they just watched the entire 30-minute bullshit infomercial and still don't know how much the damn thing costs. It was my job to break the bad news to them as softly as possible and then attempt to beat their credit card information out of them. It wasn't easy and for each success I had I was given a measly $3.00 per Torso Track and $1.00 per diet program. That's less than 1% commission. You're welcome for those multiple compounds you own, you cheap bitch!

OH and I was working there when she got busted exiting that liposuction clinic and quickly went on Larry King Live to pull the "cancer" card. That was rich! I love watching her turn into a leather Muppet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225March 29, 2023 10:14 AM

Reading R225, how could anyone be surprised she's a Trump supporter when she's exactly like him?

by Anonymousreply 226March 29, 2023 2:24 PM

[quote]she was very vocal about her opposition to President Obama - saying his Presidency was one of the most 'divisive' she has ever witnessed in her lifetime.

What a fucking cunt. She literally supports a racist, bigoted birther scumbag who claimed he sent investigators to Hawaii. A deplorable saying Obama is divisive is like a crackhead calling someone who takes a multivitamin a drug addict.

by Anonymousreply 227March 29, 2023 2:28 PM

Excellent comparison, R227. Somers is a shit head.

by Anonymousreply 228March 29, 2023 2:31 PM

She was kinda busted even her younger days. All she had was blonde hair.

by Anonymousreply 229March 29, 2023 3:12 PM

R197 No wonder the show closed in a matter of days.

by Anonymousreply 230March 29, 2023 3:36 PM

Alan Hamel fingered me in the notions section of a Culver City Alpha Beta in 1975!

by Anonymousreply 231March 29, 2023 4:35 PM

Male or female, R231?

by Anonymousreply 232March 29, 2023 6:02 PM

I wasn’t the victim of his advances this time r232

by Anonymousreply 233March 29, 2023 6:07 PM

Why were you in the notions section, r231?

by Anonymousreply 234March 29, 2023 6:17 PM

Republicans are all mentally ill. I hate them.

by Anonymousreply 235March 29, 2023 6:29 PM

Suzanne was fingering herself in the Culver City Alpha Beta notions section in 1975 as well.

by Anonymousreply 236March 29, 2023 6:35 PM

[quote]Republicans are all mentally ill. I hate them.

Some are mental, but the overwhelming majority are degrees of awful. You cannot say you are a good person when voting for that gross party today. And that doesn't mean I expect people to automatically vote for Democrats, but proactively allowing that current political party to have any power makes you reprehensible.

by Anonymousreply 237March 29, 2023 6:47 PM

Frankly, I don't remember the Culver City Alpha Beta notions section being all that arousing.

by Anonymousreply 238March 29, 2023 7:08 PM

ALAN IS A PERVERT R238! EVERYTHING IS AROUSING TO HIM!

by Anonymousreply 239March 29, 2023 7:25 PM

I think Suzanne losing friends had more to do with this....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240April 1, 2023 6:48 PM

Her skin has always looked parched to me

by Anonymousreply 241April 1, 2023 6:58 PM

Wear a ribbon, bimbo!

by Anonymousreply 242April 1, 2023 6:59 PM

She looks like a cavewoman in the photo at R240

by Anonymousreply 243April 1, 2023 7:03 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!