Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kylie Minogue welcomes special guest on stage at the opening of World Pride

Both of their surgery is excellent. Madonna should take pointers.l

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212April 21, 2023 3:37 AM

why are those people in white clothes loitering on the stage?

by Anonymousreply 1February 25, 2023 5:00 AM

How typical that this big commercial Festival for Eunuchs has the sexless 'singing budgie' and her sister.

by Anonymousreply 2February 25, 2023 5:19 AM

Kylie looks pretty hot, and feminine, without being cheap. Hardly sexless. When I look at Madonna, I see a sex void, like a sex black hole. Anti-sex, like anti-matter.

by Anonymousreply 3February 25, 2023 5:38 AM

Kylie sings tonight and the state-sponsored memorial for Olivia Newton John occurs tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 4February 25, 2023 6:15 AM

Kylie has never looked better, to be honest.

Her maturity is shining through and it definitely makes her more attractive. Pity, she can't get a man to love her

Dannii looks good too.

by Anonymousreply 5February 25, 2023 6:15 AM

She can get men to love her, but she's not into the kind of men who will love her. It's all because of Hutchence. She's got a bad boy addiction because of that formative experience. She's not going to marry an accountant.

by Anonymousreply 6February 25, 2023 6:27 AM

I have Australian friends that have met Kylie in person. Lovely woman, but her face hasn't moved/shown expression in decades.

by Anonymousreply 7February 25, 2023 6:30 AM

Her face looks pretty good here. There were some points many years ago when the injectables work was less stellar. To say her face doesn't move isn't true. You are thinking of Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 8February 25, 2023 6:34 AM

Some things never change.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 25, 2023 7:39 AM

Both Dannii and Kylie were messing with their faces a few years ago but they seem to have people around them who care about them or they at least have enough self-awareness to say enough.

Madonna has neither of those things.

by Anonymousreply 10February 25, 2023 7:40 AM

She always said she was attracted to unconventional men. Kylie is a Gemini (mercurial, dualistic, and easily bored) and they definitely love the bad boys.

by Anonymousreply 11February 25, 2023 7:50 AM

Unconventional... They've all been hot men in creative or show business roles.

by Anonymousreply 12February 25, 2023 8:18 AM

On the plus side, she doesn't really need a "forever" relationship. She seems like a self-motivated, independent woman. She never had children and she's not going to now. She's got more money than she could spend in three lifetimes, she's got a very close family and a lot of old friends in Melbourne (and doubtless even more close friends in Britain), and she remains a huge hit and a level 1 gay icon in Australia and Britain. Under those circumstances, peppering her life with short but sexy relationships with bad boys is probably all the fun it seems.

by Anonymousreply 13February 25, 2023 11:33 AM

When did Dannii morph into Denise Richards?

by Anonymousreply 14February 25, 2023 11:42 AM

The annual frenzy happened last night.

Another excuse for exhibitionists and corporate, heterosexual, and political freeloaders to get advertising space.

by Anonymousreply 15February 25, 2023 9:29 PM

R15, I thought the parade (for Sydney gay / lesbian Mardi Gras / world pride) was more political than normal and that the crowds loved having the event back on the streets. I’ve been out to a bunch of events over the past couple of weeks and the diversity, quality has been excellent. .

by Anonymousreply 16February 26, 2023 12:03 AM

I love Kylie, but like Beyonce, I side-eye her for playing Dubai.

Actually, it's more disappointing in Kylie's case because she's always supposedly been an ally.

by Anonymousreply 17February 26, 2023 12:20 AM

Danni remade her entire face and bought her boobs in the 90s. She was originally very plain and pudgy, plus known to be a conceited famewhore. She's grown up a bit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18February 27, 2023 11:46 AM

Everyone I know who has ever dealt with Dannii, personally and professionally, has only the highest praise for her as a person. She was let down by poor A&R in the early part of her career. Neon Nights showed what she could do with the right help.

by Anonymousreply 19March 18, 2023 3:34 AM

Neon Nights is a great album. She really found her niche and then, sadly, her music career stalled. Neon Nights still sounds great 20 years later and is just as good as Kylie's best albums.

by Anonymousreply 20March 18, 2023 7:29 AM

I’d argue Neon Nights is stronger as a body of work than Light Years, Fever or Body Language. Shame Dannii wasn’t able to lock down that one inescapable hit to sell the album ala Spinning Around/CGYOOMH.

by Anonymousreply 21March 18, 2023 7:33 AM

All I Wanna Do is a great pop single.

by Anonymousreply 22March 18, 2023 7:36 AM

R22 It’s a great song, but not nearly as iconic or ingrained in the public consciousness as Kylie’s signature hits. Dannii needed a monster song to break through, and that wasn’t it (despite a decent chart placement in the UK).

by Anonymousreply 23March 18, 2023 7:43 AM

The Neon Nights singles did well but, yes, nothing as iconic or as well-remembered as Spinning Around, CGYOOMH or even Love at First Sight or Slow.

by Anonymousreply 24March 18, 2023 7:47 AM

Goddess!

by Anonymousreply 25March 18, 2023 7:50 AM

I Begin to Wonder is Dannii’s biggest song on streaming (by far), with 7.5 million streams. But compared to Kylie’s 350 million for CGYOOMH, Dannii is practically forgotten. All I Wanna Do is sitting at a measly 1.4 million streams.

by Anonymousreply 26March 18, 2023 7:51 AM

These women are so tiny if it weren't for 4 inch heels they'd never seem over a counter.

by Anonymousreply 27March 18, 2023 9:11 AM

Madonna is ten years older. Even she looked fairly ok at Kylie's age.

by Anonymousreply 28March 18, 2023 9:20 AM

WHO?!

by Anonymousreply 29March 18, 2023 11:18 AM

Dannii almost broke through with "I Begin to Wonder." She was so close.

by Anonymousreply 30March 18, 2023 11:26 AM

Dannii songs have similar lyrics:

Perfection - "You show me places that I've never been"

I Begin to Wonder - "Places I've never been before"

by Anonymousreply 31March 18, 2023 11:41 AM

[quote]Everyone I know who has ever dealt with Dannii, personally and professionally, has only the highest praise for her as a person.

Yeah, but did she ever guest star on Kath and Kim?

by Anonymousreply 32March 18, 2023 11:45 AM

Danni's a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 33March 18, 2023 11:46 AM

My lesbian friend once danced with Kylie in the Paris cancer ward where they were both patients but then she died.

by Anonymousreply 34March 18, 2023 12:07 PM

R34 That must've been one hell of an exhausting dance!

by Anonymousreply 35March 18, 2023 12:14 PM

[quote]These women are so tiny if it weren't for 4 inch heels they'd never seem over a counter.

It's true, but both look beautiful and well-proportioned on stage.

"I Begin to Wonder" did actually chart in the US dance top 20.

Dannii spent most of the early 90s in New York when Julian was starting his career in the soap Another World. She was already established by that time, but if she had worked on a US soap too it would have gained her a bigger profile.

by Anonymousreply 36March 18, 2023 12:39 PM

R12, Kylie dated the very unconventional-looking Nick Cave, and Pauly Shore too.

She also had a crush on Rutger Hauer and asked him to play her mafia don husband in her music video. So it appears she has might have been attracted to everyone from pretty boys, to studs, to gnarled old men.

by Anonymousreply 37March 18, 2023 12:53 PM

Dannii's debut album Love and Kisses was very decent. Her 2nd album Get Into You was dreadful. I always wondered what it would've been had her then shelved album, the superior The 1995 Sessions were released as the 2nd album instead.

Girl (3rd album) is very good and Neon Nights is the Crown gem in her discography so far. Club Disco is her latest album and sounds like a somewhat inferior version of Neon Nights. It has several great songs on it but is more of a compilation rather than an album since it is comprised of several then non-album singles, B-Sides and outtakes.

While Dannii has only sold less than 1/10 of the amount of records Kylie has sold (7-8 million vs. 80 million+) she has a good number of quality songs.

by Anonymousreply 38March 18, 2023 1:12 PM

Is it true that when Geri left the Spice Girls, the only person they considered replacing her was Dannii, and when Dannii declined, they gave up on replacing Ginger?

by Anonymousreply 39March 18, 2023 1:14 PM

Are the wines from Kylie's curated wine label drinkable? I know she was in Australia recently sourcing grapes from some smaller boutique vineyards, and have heard reports that the wines are not bad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40March 18, 2023 1:41 PM

I usually stay away from celebrity products, so I was surprised to find out that Kylie's perfume 'Darling' (in production since 2006) was created by the legendary Thierry Wasser of Guerlain.

Kylie is the only celebrity he has created a scent for.

Some of his Guerlain parfums like 'Habit Rouge Extrait', and 'Le Parfum 68' go for several $1000 online. So to get a Wasser perfume for under $30 is incredible value.

by Anonymousreply 41March 18, 2023 2:44 PM

Kylie wine is very good and that's why it's doing spectacularly well. I don't drink but my partner does and he knows his wine. He is not a fan of her music but drinks it constantly.

by Anonymousreply 42March 19, 2023 2:22 AM

I concur, I’m not usually a rosé drinker but hers is excellent. Much better than anything else at that price point.

by Anonymousreply 43March 19, 2023 4:59 AM

R41 It would be an incredible value - if it were any good. Unfortunately, Darling is just another sweet, generic fragrance the likes of which you smell in malls across America. Another La Vie Est Belle clone. Nothing like Guerlain’s high end masterpieces.

by Anonymousreply 44March 19, 2023 5:36 AM

R43 My cougar friend (who loves her rose) has switched from Whispering Angel/Miraval to Kylie’s rose. She says it’s better tasting and a much better value. I’m not a rose drinker so I can’t vouch but she’s basically a high functioning alcoholic so I believe her.

by Anonymousreply 45March 19, 2023 5:39 AM

Most celebrity wines are passing vanity projects, but Kylie Wines has becomes a legitimate money-spinner.

by Anonymousreply 46March 19, 2023 9:13 AM

My own cousin witnessed Dannii cunting out at a charity event when one of the unwell children mixed her up with Kylie. Plus the famewhoring when she was with Julian McMahon was extreme right throughout their rship, engagement, marriage (they took a trash mag with them on honeymoon!), separation, divorce and aftermath when she posed for Playboy before getting fake boobs and a remade face. McMahon was just as bad. He really came off completely lame. They were the least cool celebrity couple, appearing in all the trashy mags week after week. I remember when they first got together, Dannii had the most tragic hairstyle: mostly brunette but with a blonde fringe. Bogans in the 80s wore their hair like that. And looked better.

by Anonymousreply 47March 19, 2023 12:20 PM

I like Dannii but she had a much bigger head before all of the cosmetic surgery to better resemble Kylie. It's like she had buccal fat removal and a skull reduction. Weird.

by Anonymousreply 48March 19, 2023 12:40 PM

It always makes me laugh she was boo'd off stage at the last ever G-A-Y.

by Anonymousreply 49March 19, 2023 12:41 PM

Why was she boo’d off stage?

by Anonymousreply 50March 19, 2023 12:49 PM

Dannii and Julian had a good grift going. They not only did countless official shoots for the sad rags but also loads of fake pap sets, for which they got a cut. It all ended when she came home early one time and found him in bed with a cheap ugly slut from General Hospital. To make things worse he had spent all Dannii's pop star money and she was left so broke she had to whore her pussy to Playboy.

by Anonymousreply 51March 19, 2023 9:21 PM

She got booed at G-A-Y because management falsely led the audience to believe that the surprise performer was Kylie herself.

You know it's bad when Dannii Minogue gets booed at G-A-Y but La Toya Jackson doesn't (I'm actually a big fan of both of them).

by Anonymousreply 52March 20, 2023 12:10 PM

Didn't she get booed at a time when she was still pudgy and had her plain, yet to be redone, face? Her fashion sense was atrocious back then as well. Shit songs, too.

by Anonymousreply 53March 20, 2023 12:34 PM

>>Dannii Minogue at the launch of Joel Creasey's memoir THIRSTY: Confessions of a Fame Whore in Melbourne

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54March 20, 2023 11:21 PM

Dannii used to get booed by ugly teenage girls at those mixed-act kiddie shows when she was fat.

by Anonymousreply 55March 21, 2023 4:28 AM

Dannii used to get booed by EVERYONE. She had to carve up her face, starve and inflate her chest to be considered tolerable.

by Anonymousreply 56March 21, 2023 4:32 AM

Kylie is one of those celebrities I've never heard anything bad about. I've always had a soft spot for her.

Dannii, on the other hand, always bugged me for some reason. I remember when they really tried to make her happen in the early 90s. As a teen, I used to read "Smash Hits" and she got more coverage than Madonna and Kylie combined, even though her chart success was relatively marginal, even in the UK. Every fucking issue had something about her: "Dannii goes shopping for groceries!", "Dannii gets lost in New York!", "Dannii hates fruit yoghurt!"... She did have one (sort of) brush with greatness, "Neon Nights", but that's about it. She's always been super thirsty with relatively little to show for.

by Anonymousreply 57March 21, 2023 4:38 AM

To be fair, Dannii did genuinely excel as a judge on UK X Factor, back when that was an unimaginably huge show. People in the UK loved her and for the first time she became legitimately super famous and popular in the UK in her own right. Unfortunately that career pathway ended for her when the show's producer and undisputed star Simon Cowell admitted he was fucking her; an accusation that Sharon Osbourne had first angrily made years earlier. Dannii was so pissed at Cowell she never spoke to him again and has refused his work offers. She feels he ruined her image by making her TV success look like a cheap casting couch job.

by Anonymousreply 58March 21, 2023 4:45 AM

No matter what Danni did look like as a teenager, she looks fucking great now. All of those ugly teenagers who booed her will be even uglier and probably weigh 200 pounds these days. And let’s not even think about what those people at GAY look like these days…

by Anonymousreply 59March 21, 2023 6:50 AM

Kylie is one of the most genuine nicest and genuine celebs you'll ever meet like Dolly Parton, Keanu Reeves and Yungblud.

I've heard Dannii can be a bit of a nasty bitch to fans and people in general sometimes. Kylie and Dannii have a brother named Brendan who works as a TV producer.

Not much as known about him as he lives a very private life but he is either a silent partner or involved some capacity or other in Kylie's media/production company KayDeeBee LTD. (named after all three siblings).

by Anonymousreply 60March 21, 2023 8:29 AM

R58 Simon Cowell was a complete cunt to say that. Sharon Osbourne was I’m guessing jealous of Danni, she was younger, much better looking and the only person on the panel who had actual experience of being a pop star.

But karma will always come back to kick you in the cunt. I would love to see a picture of Simon, Sharon and Danni together today. Simon and Sharon look like burns victims whilst Danni has had fantastic work done.

by Anonymousreply 61March 21, 2023 9:37 AM

My BF at the time was so proud when he came home one day to show me the napkin Dannii had autographed for him. She also did a lipstick kiss on it for him.

by Anonymousreply 62March 21, 2023 9:43 AM

R62 I have a personally autographed Neon Nights art card from Dannii framed on my wall.

by Anonymousreply 63March 21, 2023 9:48 AM

Did you see her sign it?

by Anonymousreply 64March 21, 2023 9:51 AM

I entered a contest on her official site 20 years ago and won it. The answer to the question was ridiculously easy (guess the lyric to Put The Needle On It). Signature's legit.

Now I just need to get one from Kylie and I'll be in Nirvana.

by Anonymousreply 65March 21, 2023 9:58 AM

You're hilarious, r59.

She was booed.

Get.

Over.

It.

by Anonymousreply 66March 21, 2023 10:25 AM

Sharon Osbourne was very popular here in the UK for a few years, always on the cover of a magazine or on TV. I'm very glad people either lost interest or saw through her as she seems like a nasty old scold who thinks she's a cut above, and she's got about as much right to judge singers as Cheryl "autotune" Cole.

by Anonymousreply 67March 21, 2023 10:50 AM

Kylie once said in an interview that some of the things Dannii had done made her cringe. That was many years ago and water under the bridge, but it shocked me because it was so out of character.

by Anonymousreply 68March 21, 2023 10:54 AM

I like Kylie. She's refreshing. Unlike many American (looking at you Madonna) and British pop stars, she doesn't seem to take herself too seriously. She has a sense of humor about herself. She embraces camp and irony with gusto. Kylie also loves other pop stars and isn't the type to have beefs. She posts praise towards Madonna, Britney, Janet, Rihanna, Gaga and Beyoncé for inspiring her.

by Anonymousreply 69March 21, 2023 1:35 PM

Dannii gave the impression of not taking too seriously either when she was a judge on that UK Top Model show and said more than once, If I can do it, anyone can.

by Anonymousreply 70March 21, 2023 1:38 PM

Dannii spells her name in a stupid fashion. She came up with it as a teenager and it shows.

With regard to Kylie cringing over Dannii's antics, that would probably include the Julian McMahon era where as a couple, they gave interviews to Frau trash mag Woman's Day every single week - even doing interviews and photo shoots on their honeymoon. When they split, at least one of them would give an interview to WD or rival trash mag New Idea every single week, responding to each other'sinterviews and statements. It was so undignified. And no other magazines were interested in either of them until Dannii did Australian Playboy. She claimed it was because she was broke, but their father was an accountant and oversaw the management of all the showbiz earnings. She couldn't get a loan from Kylie?

by Anonymousreply 71March 21, 2023 10:55 PM

People forget that Dannii did a series of really tacky topless calendars in the 90s, well after Playboy. After she'd had her implants done. Even Dannii has forgotten it because it's been expunged from her story and she just says she was forced to do Playboy by Julian's spending.

by Anonymousreply 72March 22, 2023 2:28 AM

It's ironic that Lady Sonia McMahon detested Dannii for being beneath her blood blooded son.... when half the slut actresses in New York were beneath him while Dannii was off paying his bills.

by Anonymousreply 73March 22, 2023 11:05 AM

After that outfit Sonia wore to the White House in 1971, nobody could accuse her of having the greatest taste either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74March 22, 2023 1:20 PM

That dress was just sheer vulgarity, and given the rumours about her own family life Lady Sonia had a nerve slagging anyone else off.

by Anonymousreply 75March 23, 2023 2:21 AM

I think Dannii looks great nowadays. She looks like an older woman but she dresses elegantly and stylishly. Considering how plastic she looked in the '90s and '00s, she seems to have embraced being an older woman but still stylish and pretty.

Kylie and Dannii are how I wish Madonna had aged.

by Anonymousreply 76March 23, 2023 2:25 AM

Dannii looked great in her (mostly tasteful) Playboy shoot, with her nice slender body and natural perky breasts. Yet, she seemed to be a woman suffering an identity crisis.

I think she got a tiny nose refinement at the same time she got the huge rack, which did not suit her as featured in the All I Wanna Do video.

She saw how Kylie transformed from the girl next door into sex bomb and went for it. Kylie was involved in her indie music phase so less competition for Dannii.

by Anonymousreply 77March 23, 2023 2:28 PM

Dannii lost all her elf esteem when Julian cheated with the ugly General Hospital slut. She became very ill and very thin and I assume that was likely an eating disorder. Her self loathing shifted into plastic surgery and she got the 90s plastic tits.

by Anonymousreply 78March 23, 2023 10:16 PM

The ladies are in outfits that promote Kylie’s perfume bottles. Would love to post a pic of said bottles but don’t know how. Kylie will sell anything - tacky bedding, her super sweet wines. Making money as she fades from the charts! (Not a bitch statement). Good show - fun!

by Anonymousreply 79March 23, 2023 10:22 PM

What even are "the charts" anymore? What do they even mean? Anything? Unlike with past generations, the average person couldn't tell you what's on the charts, that popular interest is gone, and that includes a lot of kids. The charts have become basically meaningless since streaming. Kylie still does well with music.

by Anonymousreply 80March 23, 2023 10:31 PM

Didn't Kylie's Disco album do amazingly well on streaming platforms? I actually think streaming is a good thing for foreign artists. It was hard for anyone to get on the US charts unless they fit American radio or had a look for the MTV market. Now artists from all around the globe can enjoy success in The US with streaming with little American media gatekeeping.

by Anonymousreply 81March 24, 2023 2:15 AM

Dannii really got the last laugh with Neon Nights. It's actually a lot better than bunch of Kylie albums I could name. I'd like to know why she couldn't get a good record deal after that album. Perhaps it didn't recoup enough, despite the hits. But it was bloody good nonetheless.

by Anonymousreply 82March 24, 2023 2:49 AM

Charts are ageist as fuck when it comes to female artists. Unless you're Taylor Swift or Beyonce or someone in the same league good luck getting #1 hits or any radio play once you turn 25 or 30.

by Anonymousreply 83March 24, 2023 7:35 AM

Kylie is fundamentally a nostalgia/legacy act now. That's not an. insult. I think she's great. It's just a reality that anyone over 45 who still has a career is in this category. She's lucky that her core fanbase is gays over 40 because they are the people with money and they're loyal. For this reason she will always be able to work and make money.

by Anonymousreply 84March 24, 2023 8:01 AM

She's released over a dozen different perfumes (if you include the variants) and most of them sold pretty well.

Her wines are best selling and have already won several awards. She actually put effort into them. She didn't just slap her name on an existing product. She actually traveled to the wineries and was involved in sourcing the grapes.

by Anonymousreply 85March 24, 2023 8:08 AM

Kylie Minogue: Singer. Songwriter. Vinter.

by Anonymousreply 86March 24, 2023 2:48 PM

Another masterpiece from NEON NIGHTS. Who Do You Love Now?

Dannii's best song. Released at the same time as Can't Get You Out of My Head.

Dannii teamed up with Dutch DJs Riva and reached number #3 in the UK, and Billboard Dance at No #15.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87March 24, 2023 3:11 PM

That was a bad move releasing it at the same time as a Kylie song, 87.

by Anonymousreply 88March 24, 2023 10:54 PM

R87 Great song, terrible video. Looks like it was made for $516.32.

by Anonymousreply 89March 24, 2023 11:00 PM

I’ve always been partial to Put the Needle On It. People mention All I Wanna Do/I Begin to Wonder but seem to forget about this one. I think it’s every bit as catchy as the best of Kylie’s Fever/Body Language material. An infectious disco confection - the production is so sleek.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90March 24, 2023 11:42 PM

R90 Dannii’s very best. That bassline is so filthy.

by Anonymousreply 91March 24, 2023 11:47 PM

Kylie's rose wines (appears there are three) are available even here in Houston. I may try some.

My favorite Kylie song of all time is Chocolate so kudos to the poster who mentioned Body Language above.

This never fails to knock me to the floor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92March 25, 2023 12:24 AM

I wonder if most Americans are even aware of Julian McMahon's disturbing history with Dannii. Read her book, she's pretty blunt about it. She does leave a lot out though. Like his adultery. So it's either still a raw subject she can't face or there is some legal restriction in place.

by Anonymousreply 93March 26, 2023 6:17 AM

Given that Julian's father Sir William was a rampaging queen, it's a miracle he exists at all!

by Anonymousreply 94March 26, 2023 11:00 AM

Well many questions HAVE been asked.

by Anonymousreply 95March 26, 2023 11:13 AM

In his youth, Sir William used to get round in lederhosen. Not in Vienna. In Sydney!

So picturesque.

by Anonymousreply 96March 26, 2023 11:22 AM

R93, what does she cover re McMahon? Thanks

by Anonymousreply 97March 26, 2023 1:56 PM

It's on Internet Archive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98March 26, 2023 2:09 PM

Dannii writes in the book about Sonia's hatred for her and how Julian would bow to mummy, to the extent that when he went to visit her, he'd leave Dannii sitting in the car out in the street for hours.

by Anonymousreply 99March 26, 2023 9:28 PM

Dannii Minogue was undoubtedly the major prototype for Kim character from Kath & Kim.

Gina Riley did an ace impression of Dannii's Home and Away character, in which Dannii essentially played herself. The hair flipping, the eye rolling, and the "oooh" expressions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100March 27, 2023 10:50 AM

No wonder Kylie felt right at home on K&K.

by Anonymousreply 101March 27, 2023 10:53 AM

The Jonny Young Talent School turned Dannii into a pantomime figure. It took her years to get past it,

by Anonymousreply 102March 27, 2023 10:56 AM

Of course Lady McMahon considered Dannii c.o.m.m.o.n.!

But then, Sonia thought nothing of using a charity chequebook for taxi rides with her girlie mates.

You can't get more common than that.

by Anonymousreply 103March 27, 2023 11:08 AM

He was only Prime Minister for one bloody year back in the 70s!

by Anonymousreply 104March 27, 2023 12:39 PM

Dannii parody:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105March 27, 2023 10:30 PM

Famous Sister

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106March 28, 2023 5:35 AM

Love and Kisses for reference.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107March 28, 2023 5:41 AM

Watching the track at r107, I'm amazed she didn't carve up her face earlier. It's not just the nose, but the chin, eyes and cheekbones.

by Anonymousreply 108March 28, 2023 12:27 PM

[quote] It's not just the nose, but the chin, eyes and cheekbones.

We don't ask much of our entertainers.

by Anonymousreply 109March 28, 2023 2:47 PM

R107 That song hasn't aged that badly. Dannii is still amongst the cream of the crop for teen performers of that era.

She had talent, was classy, and with her own sense of style. Dannii and Tina Arena were two of the teen standouts from 1990.

by Anonymousreply 110March 28, 2023 11:37 PM

Talent? Yes.

Classy? No. Not back then. She was out and out tacky. She's developed class since.

by Anonymousreply 111March 29, 2023 6:16 AM

By Jump to the Beat Dannii was embracing her drag queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112March 29, 2023 6:25 AM

But these women were beautiful to begin with. Madge has always had taste and sex appeal. A natural Monroe, she was never.

by Anonymousreply 113March 29, 2023 6:33 AM

Seeing Guy Pierce eaten alive by the trans on Twitter made me realise that Kylie would never be that stupid. She hasn't made a political or social statement in public since the rhino comment in 1988.

by Anonymousreply 114March 29, 2023 11:08 AM

R113, did you not watch Dannii's early videos? She was not beautiful until she carved her face up.

by Anonymousreply 115March 30, 2023 12:10 PM

Dannii is an exceptionally rare example of significant facial plastic surgery working strongly in someone's favor, rather than making them look like an uncanny freak.

by Anonymousreply 116March 31, 2023 2:52 AM

She was cute. But despite all her vigorous dancing in videos she always struggled with her weight. I think when she finally got the weight under control, that made the biggest difference. Look at her Playboy shoot, it's the same face but more delicate. Then nose jobs, implants, and some really excellent facelifts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117March 31, 2023 3:06 AM

I'd love to know whose idea it was for Dannii's face to be remade by surgery? Did she herself realise she was quite plain or did a manager or record company executive point out she'd never get far with her original face?

by Anonymousreply 118March 31, 2023 12:05 PM

The massive physical changes happened after Dannii caught Julian cheating. She lost a huge amount of weight, to the point of looking genuinely very ill. By all accounts she took that situation very, very hard. It also roughly coincided with the flop of her second album and losing that record deal.

by Anonymousreply 119March 31, 2023 12:08 PM

R118 It was her idea. She wanted a revenge body and face, and she wanted a revitalized career.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120March 31, 2023 1:33 PM

I think she's downsized the tits since then.

by Anonymousreply 121April 2, 2023 12:45 AM

Dannii sensibly downsized in 2001 to a less stripper-looking pair. She also went back to being brunette and became more athletic in general.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122April 2, 2023 8:36 AM

Her best look. The brassy blonde with the porn tits was a step too far for me.

by Anonymousreply 123April 2, 2023 9:12 AM

Kylie is said to dislike Madonna on a personal level, after some disappointing private interactions. She would NEVER say anything about that publicly, because she is a class act. She does genuinely admire Madonna as an artist. Kylie does not do feuds or low rent publicity like that cheap, butch pig, Pink.

by Anonymousreply 124April 2, 2023 11:06 AM

Kylie probably cringes when she sees how Madonna acts in private towards the people around her. Going by Truth or Dare and Christopher's accounts, it wouldn't be nice. And we all cringe at how Madonna behaves in public.

Thanks, r120. Did she discuss it in her book? Someone linked it but I'm too put off by Dannii to read it. I saw a copy going for $2 in an op shop (Australian thrift or charity shop) yesterday and still passed. It would be something if she admitted to the overhaul, though. Not many do.

by Anonymousreply 125April 2, 2023 11:29 AM

Anybody else like Some Kind Of Bliss and Impossible Princess overall? I enjoyed her more experimental sound during the mid-90s, but this album and the one before it were badly promoted.

There should also be a plan of which songs to release as singles based on audience and radio response, Kylie, like most big artists has had some great songs which never got to be hits as they were never promoted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126April 2, 2023 11:41 AM

deConstruction was a terrible label for her. They had enough cash flow in the beginning to let her flail around with no direction or guidance in various studios but then the albums were just shat out into the market with no coherent strategy. Some Kind Of Bliss was a dreadful first single because it misrepresented the album. It was publicised as her indie rock album which was utter insanity.

by Anonymousreply 127April 2, 2023 11:44 AM

Agree, r127, although Did it Again, Breathe and Cowboy Style were good songs, but Say Hey was distinctly uninspired - to the point of embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 128April 2, 2023 11:49 AM

Impossible Princess did very well in Australia, both commercially and critically where it was praised for the edgier sound and embraced by the public. It was a personal triumph for Kylie.

Impossible Princess sold over twice as many copies as her previous "Kylie Minogue" album in Oz, unlike the UK where it sold less than half.

by Anonymousreply 129April 2, 2023 12:00 PM

R125 That doesn't surprise me at all. Kylie is a very sensitive and compassionate person. I'd hate to hear about her falling into the hands of some power-tripping braggart like Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 130April 2, 2023 12:01 PM

After one of Kylie's break-ups, Madonna wrote her a song called Alone Again. How fucking condescending!

by Anonymousreply 131April 2, 2023 12:18 PM

Did she?

by Anonymousreply 132April 2, 2023 12:19 PM

Kylie recorded it - probably too polite to turn it down - and it's shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133April 2, 2023 12:23 PM

Anyone know why there was like 6 months between Better The Devil You Know and it's follow up single Step Back In Time?

by Anonymousreply 134April 2, 2023 12:57 PM

It was probably exhaustion. Kylie released her movie "The Delinquents" in early 1990, for which she had to travel worldwide and promote.

by Anonymousreply 135April 2, 2023 1:05 PM

Dannii Minogue recently just released the 20th Anniversary Edition of Neon Nights. It's available in multiple formats.

My only complaints are that the music video DVD is only available in the basic CD re-release and not the box set which contains the album plus every single one of the Neon Nights remixes spread across an additional 6 CDs. Which means you'll have to buy both in order to get everything. -_-

That and the new artwork is ugly as sin. It literally looks like something that an amateur created within five minutes on Photoshop. I was hoping they'd keep the original artwork and have the artwork from the first deluxe edition (this is actually the 3rd one) as a slipcase.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136April 3, 2023 12:58 AM

Those collectors' editions are usually put together on a shoe string and yes it is often done by one or two glorified fans sitting in a tiny room and getting $500 from a record company to manifest their wet dreams.

by Anonymousreply 137April 3, 2023 4:46 AM

From what I know Kylie adores Gaga, Rihanna Britney, Beyoncé and Janet. I think she met most of them and I found that refreshing because she's not a catty person to talk shit about others publicly. Madonna isn't liked by most people in the industry and she is the opposite who will bash people in public.

by Anonymousreply 138April 3, 2023 12:49 PM

Madonna is rude, self absorbed and bitchy. As a teen I found that compelling and fun. Now I just see her as an immature arsehole.

by Anonymousreply 139April 4, 2023 7:42 AM

I just can't get over the gall of Madonna writing that shitty song for Kylie after she broke up with the French actor. Or one of the models. Alone Again. What a cunt and a half.

by Anonymousreply 140April 4, 2023 12:01 PM

But I adore that Kylie recorded it and decided, "Nah. Not worth putting on my album." Very sly of her.

by Anonymousreply 141April 4, 2023 3:10 PM

Wasn't that song actually written for Madonna's album?

by Anonymousreply 142April 5, 2023 8:27 AM

There's a couple of different accounts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143April 5, 2023 10:13 PM

What album tracks would have been hits if Kylie had released them?

by Anonymousreply 144April 5, 2023 10:35 PM

turn It Into Love

Enjoy Yourself

Secrets

Falling (if totally re-recorded as the pop song it was demoed by the PSB as, and was meant to be)

Light Years

by Anonymousreply 145April 6, 2023 6:10 AM

Do Americans even know of Dannii Minogue, she seems invisible here?

by Anonymousreply 146April 6, 2023 6:32 AM

RuPaul drops Dannii's name semi-regularly I noticed.

by Anonymousreply 147April 6, 2023 6:52 AM

R147 I just know Sharon Osbourne hates her.

by Anonymousreply 148April 6, 2023 6:53 AM

Yes she genuinely despises Dannii. Sharon left a great paying gig on X Factor because Dannii and Simon Cowell were fucking and she felt that edged her out in the power stakes. She was violently angry about it.

by Anonymousreply 149April 6, 2023 7:16 AM

30 episodes of Dannii's TV show Young Talent Time were actually shown in the US in 1988. Made for US audiences, it was retitled "The New Generation".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150April 6, 2023 8:51 AM

I wonder what happened to "Keith"

by Anonymousreply 151April 6, 2023 8:57 AM

Does anyone know why Kylie dropped out of VH1's Divas 2004.

She had signed on to headline and then was replaced by Jessica Simpson, who actually has fewer US top ten hits than Kylie (1 vs 2).

by Anonymousreply 152April 6, 2023 9:44 AM

From what I remember Alone Again was going to originally serve as a B-Side on the Come Into My World single.

I highly doubt it's a diss track about Kylie's breakup with Oliver Martinez and that Madonna deliberately wrote it as such to give to her.

by Anonymousreply 153April 6, 2023 12:40 PM

Yeah Madge wouldn't put the time into something like that although I don't know how much she's involved in "writing" of music

by Anonymousreply 154April 6, 2023 7:00 PM

What other Kylie songs should have been singles, and what shouldn't have been released?

If say Please Stay was too tame to promote Light Years

by Anonymousreply 155April 6, 2023 7:08 PM

Your Disco Needs You and Butterfly should have both been given an official worldwide single release. Instead YDNY was given a limited release in Germany which greatly hurt its chances of being a bigger hit and Butterfly was only a promo single in the US which made it a top 20 on the dance chart.

The problem whenever Kylie signs to a new record company is that in the beginning she is welcomed with fanfare and a lot of money and effort is put into her upcoming releases. Then several years after signing they don't know what to do with her and minimal time and money are put into promoting her work.

It happened towards her time with EMI/Parlophone/Capitol and it also happened when she signed with Roc Nation which was one of the few (and biggest) mistakes in her career.

Her Kiss Me Once album was a disaster. All of the good tracks weren't even on the album. The two EPs she released at the same time with Fernando Garibay were amazing.

Why she didn't chose him to produce the entire album instead of who she went with I'll never know. The tour aside from a few standout moments was a visual eyesore. You can tell at that point her then stylist William Baker (a backstabbing fame whore who used her) was running out of ideas.

by Anonymousreply 156April 6, 2023 9:18 PM

R156 but Light Years was at the start of her Parlophone contract? Seems like after three big hits with Spinning Around, On A Night Like This and Kids they just chucked a random fourth single out with a bland video.

Body Language seems like it was given up on after Slow and Red Blooded Woman, Chocolate was like an afterthought.

X had other songs that could have been hits after In My Arms. The One was given an awful video.

They let Aphrodite die after failing to promote Get Outta My Way.

by Anonymousreply 157April 6, 2023 10:38 PM

Cupid Boy should have been a single. And I Believe In You should have been a hit in the US.

by Anonymousreply 158April 6, 2023 11:28 PM

[quote] Does anyone know why Kylie dropped out of VH1's Divas 2004.

Isn't 2004 when she was diagnosed with breast cancer?

by Anonymousreply 159April 6, 2023 11:36 PM

No it was May 2005 during her Showgirl tour

by Anonymousreply 160April 6, 2023 11:49 PM

I read she was so exhausted by her Fever tour and attention she suffered mentally and took time off to recover, hence no Body Language tour

by Anonymousreply 161April 6, 2023 11:50 PM

I can imagine she was exhausted after promoting both Light Years and Fever. I also think Kylie wasn't keen on trying to court the American market. I think she is happy being more of a fan favourite than a massive pop star in America.

I wish she had toured Body Language, though. It's one of my favourite Kylie albums.

by Anonymousreply 162April 6, 2023 11:56 PM

Please Stay was released as a single because of a publishing deal obligation with the writers, not because it was the best choice.

William Baker is not "back stabbing". He's front "stabbing". He told Kylie to her face a few home truths. Yes he also told the media which was beyond dumb.

I respect people who don't suck up to superstars.

by Anonymousreply 163April 6, 2023 11:57 PM

R163 what did he tell her?

by Anonymousreply 164April 7, 2023 12:20 AM

He told her she should dial back her all-consuming career obsession at that point in her life, and make some room to work on other areas of her life, including relationships/partners and friends, which might give her more fulfilment as she entered a new more mature phase of her life.

by Anonymousreply 165April 7, 2023 12:24 AM

We don't know her.

by Anonymousreply 166April 7, 2023 12:25 AM

R165, he told her that AND he told the world? Oooh...

by Anonymousreply 167April 7, 2023 5:58 AM

Yes he did and then he went out of favor for a long long time.

by Anonymousreply 168April 7, 2023 6:07 AM

Kylie's featured on a new song by a DJ....

I'm not sure about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169April 7, 2023 8:20 AM

It's a bit meh.

by Anonymousreply 170April 7, 2023 8:50 AM

R169 Overproduced and standard dance music, but it's right up Kylie's alley.

It's catchy enough, but nothing special.

by Anonymousreply 171April 7, 2023 10:19 AM

It's one thing for someone close to you to be so brutally honest with you to that extent - rarely does the relationship survive - but to tell the whole world via the press...Gurl, that's NASTY.

Obviously Kylie has narcissistic qualities (almost all stars do) and a lot of ambition, but she's nowhere near as bad as...Madonna. After their break-up, Hutchence gave an interview where he strongly implied - but never outright stated - that Kylie sought the attention of the tabloid press.

Actually, maybe William should post on Madonna's instagram what he really thinks of HER.

by Anonymousreply 172April 7, 2023 11:55 AM

The photos of Hutchence and Kylie in Centennial Park, Sydney, which alerted the world to their relationship, with her sunning in her bra and him all over her, were definitely set up. I won't speculate by whom.

It's 100 per cent the case that Kylie and Dannii's then shared manager would broker the placement of Dannnii's tabloid stories in the rags.

by Anonymousreply 173April 7, 2023 12:06 PM

William and Kylie did good things together. But like all creative relationships it ran dry in the end.

by Anonymousreply 174April 8, 2023 10:21 AM

[quote]with her sunning in her bra and him all over her, were definitely set up. I won't speculate by whom.

Back in naive, innocent times, we weren't sure if they knew they were being watched.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175April 8, 2023 10:48 AM

Although this WAS set up, they might not have known. Or one of them might have known but not the other. There were third parties involved here who were aware of their movements, including management.

by Anonymousreply 176April 8, 2023 10:51 AM

William Baker was a bit of a backstabber because he did at times use Kylie regardless of how talented he was.

He literally did a very personal documentary on her recovery from cancer called White Diamonds where he did most of the narration and had more screentime than Kylie herself.

He was also sharing details about her private life amongst his friends which broke both professional and personal boundaries. Anyone in my life that did that would immediately be ghosted or kept at arm's life for the rest of their life.

R157 That's what I meant. Halfway through Aphrodite and all throughout the dumpster fire known as Kiss Me Once was when things started going south with Parlo. Poor single choices, lack of promotion, etc.

by Anonymousreply 177April 8, 2023 8:42 PM

What did William say to his friends about her private life?

by Anonymousreply 178April 9, 2023 12:26 AM

R178 I don't know specifically but it wasn't anything scandalous or incriminating. Just stuff that any normal person would not want their supposed best friend sharing to strangers.

by Anonymousreply 179April 9, 2023 5:24 AM

He was probably bitching about her. She never got over Hutchence, even though he cheated on her and dumped her. She seems nicer than most stars, but a little stuck emotionally. The cancer occurred when she was relatively young and sounds like it cost her the chance to have children. Given how so many straight guys are about having bio-babies, putting her career first was probably a good thing, especially if most of her friends have kids. The whole surrogacy thing is common these days but not when she was in her thirties, early forties.

I remember when she was with Hutchence and talking openly to the press about having kids with him. And then he dumped her with sources close to him quoting him as saying he'd never marry her. He dumped her for a supermodel, then four years later he's with a woman who has three kids of her own and he fathers her fourth child. All in front of the whole world. That's gotta hurt. Then later the whole James Gooding saga.

by Anonymousreply 180April 9, 2023 8:17 AM

There is no way in hell Michael had any say in Paula's pregnancy.

by Anonymousreply 181April 9, 2023 9:10 AM

R181, Paula's friends are convinced he did want a child. Even if they are only quoting Paula, not Michael.

by Anonymousreply 182April 9, 2023 9:18 AM

Michael's trajectory directly after Kylie didn't exactly vindicate his life priorities and choices. If Kylie couldn't see that she dodged a bullet that's too bad. Unfortunately she spent her life chasing that same badboy thrill and wasted a lot of time doing so.

by Anonymousreply 183April 9, 2023 9:21 AM

He had the head injury in 1992. The making of the documentary Mystify: Michael Hutchence uncovered his full autopsy report which showed significant damage to large areas of his frontal lobe as a result of that accident. His habits before that included an addiction to casual sex and heavy drinking and drug-taking. Given his excessive use of ecstasy in the late 80s and early 90s, his brain would never have made it to old age intact, but that accident might as well have killed him then and there. He had a significant, untreated brain injury. He'd never even have BEEN with Paula if the accident hadn't occurred. She got him as damaged goods and didn't know about it. She'd probably still be alive if she did. Guilt played a big part in her life after his death, that's on record.

by Anonymousreply 184April 9, 2023 9:36 AM

Yes you're right, it's all pretty unsettling. Then the consequences echoed on and on, most tragically with Peaches dying.

by Anonymousreply 185April 9, 2023 9:38 AM

R117 Dannii's version of Baby Love is a cover of Regina's 1986 song, written by Stephen Bray and intended for Madonna to record.

Listening to it as a complete product without any input by Madonna, that she got a co-writing credit for every other Bray song she did makes you realize who was the brains behind that team.

by Anonymousreply 186April 13, 2023 8:05 AM

Most people don't know that Kylie's first songwriting credit was the song Love Traffic on Dannii's debut album, released in Oct 1990.

This was one month before Rhythm of Love, where Kylie got co-writing credits with Stephen Bray and others.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187April 13, 2023 8:51 AM

R186 didn't one of her more recent collaborators hint that Madonna just came to record vocals and added very little else? Don't mean the guys from the 80s, was it Confessions producers?

by Anonymousreply 188April 13, 2023 9:58 AM

William Orbit said Madonna was extremely involved in every aspect of writing and production, and in fact many of the innovations people reflexively ascribed to him were her ideas.

I don't know if she is the same now that she is seemingly under the influence of drugs or alcohol all the time.

by Anonymousreply 189April 14, 2023 7:57 AM

We don't know what any of Kylie's political views are, and virtually nothing about her social values, besides her apparently being broadly "pro gay" (whatever that means in 2023). But then most educated, middle class and up, urban people are these days, whether they are politically left or right. This is her strength. She doesn't alienate any element of the public.

by Anonymousreply 190April 15, 2023 10:31 AM

All I know about Kylie's viewpoint is that she's fairly conservative fiscally. She has also been a generous philanthropist since she was a teenager. Socially she seems very cool.

by Anonymousreply 191April 15, 2023 11:22 AM

I saw a Dolly Parton documentary a couple of years back and, oddly, Kylie was one of the commentators. I guess it makes sense in hindsight - both women have handled their fame in a similar fashion by keeping their political views to themselves, quietly helping others, and diversifying their business ventures. I guess Kylie *did* have the edge over Madonna in that respect.

by Anonymousreply 192April 15, 2023 12:06 PM

What also helps Dolly & Kylie is they present their music as for the fans and are quite self-effacing and if they have big egos it's well hidden. Compare to some other singers who think they are creating art and we are all so lucky if we get a ticket to their show. Just different personality types

by Anonymousreply 193April 15, 2023 12:16 PM

Dannii was quoted as saying some very Right leaning things about immigration and crime back in the late 90s or early 2000s. I can't remember if she denied it. I'm fairly sure that if it was said, it was said with the mistaken belief she was off the record.

by Anonymousreply 194April 15, 2023 12:34 PM

The original GQ story where Dannii supposedly said things no longer exists, thanks to her lawyers. She later said the comments were taken out of context.

Most of the comments were observational. She didn't say anything technically derogatory about Asians in Australia, except there were "lots of them there".

She said she could see why patriotic politician Jean-Marie Le Pen was popular in France: "I think he struck a chord with people."

Then there were some more stereotypically right-wing comments she made about immigrants, gypsies, and council dwellers in the UK; the "they are not poor" rhetoric that you hear on DL all the time.

by Anonymousreply 195April 15, 2023 1:41 PM

Article:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196April 15, 2023 1:42 PM

[Quote] most educated, middle class and up, urban people are these days, whether they are politically left or right.

I wouldn't be assuming that in America, if that's where you're posting from.

As for Kylie, one of her rare political statements was starting an organization to secure marriage equality in Australia.

by Anonymousreply 197April 15, 2023 1:57 PM

Her ex fiancee started that org and forced her into it. There were stories about that in the press after they split. I am definitely NOT suggesting that cause was against her values, because I don't think it was, but I am saying she likes to stay publicly apolitical.

by Anonymousreply 198April 16, 2023 12:11 AM

One thing she has surprisingly been political about is Australian republicism. She is a dual UK citizen with a British passport, and a long time favorite of the BRF and Queen E, playing for them many times including the Queen's 92 birthday.

by Anonymousreply 199April 16, 2023 1:48 AM

But she has ALLEGEDLY declined doing the coronation.

by Anonymousreply 200April 16, 2023 1:50 AM

A number of years ago, my partner and I lucked into staying at an exclusive resort in Mauritius, occasionally visited by the European (mostly UK) celebrities when they try to fly under the radar. During our stay, we got to know a number of local staff and when we asked them who, in their opinion, was the nicest celebrity they dealt with, they all agreed that it was Kylie Minogue. Apparently, she stayed there to recover after her breast cancer treatment and the staff said she was super nice to everyone, not trying to pull the celebrity card, just overall a lovely person in spite of her health predicament.

by Anonymousreply 201April 16, 2023 1:58 AM

R200 She did make some comments about her desire to see Australia's independence from the British Monarchy back around the year 2000. Maybe she was just getting caught up in the optimism of the upcoming Millennium?

by Anonymousreply 202April 16, 2023 2:00 AM

R201 She was also staying on the island of Taprobane as well during that time. She even wrote a song about it when she was starting work on her X album.

by Anonymousreply 203April 16, 2023 3:35 AM

R197:

I'm in Australia. I said most, not all. I understand that homophobia is still around.

But it's a relatively rare thing these to encounter educated, middle class people in major cities here who are openly homophobic. And that includes conservatives. Even a lot of people who are over 60 are fine with it, which is amazing really because I remember when many of those same people were deeply bigoted, decades ago.

by Anonymousreply 204April 16, 2023 9:43 AM

I was surprised to see that Kylie is not performing at the king's coronation. Hopefully, they won't make us suffer through another "performance" by Cheryl Cole.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205April 16, 2023 12:10 PM

Kylie and Charles had a bit of a falling out after she refused a new 'honor' he'd created: "Member Of The Order Of The Farter".

by Anonymousreply 206April 16, 2023 4:22 PM

Kylie made her teen acting debut in TV show The Zoo Family where she played delinquent "Yvonne". The was in 1985, one full year before Neighbours.

There is cuteness galore in this episode, but not from Kylie, who plays a bogan somewhat like she was in real life at the time.

The head zoo keeper actress played Deidre Chambers in Muriel's Wedding, if she seems familiar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207April 20, 2023 12:34 AM

Kylie was so shy on her audition for Neighbours that she almost didn't get the job, but the casting director instantly saw she had star potential, and had many exciting ideas to develop her part as the vivacious blonde Charlene.

by Anonymousreply 208April 20, 2023 12:46 AM

She was close to quitting show business by the time Neighbours came up, based on a series of disappointments. She had daydreamed her way through high school and actually had ambitions of becoming a pastry chef and owning her own cake shop one day.

by Anonymousreply 209April 20, 2023 2:11 AM

She wanted a "craft shop". She was very into crafting in the 80s and would crochet in the PWL waiting room. The shop was her back up plan for when the pop career dried up.

by Anonymousreply 210April 20, 2023 2:14 AM

Kylie was famous in Melbourne for her Banana Cream Pie.

by Anonymousreply 211April 20, 2023 2:19 AM

Lol R211

by Anonymousreply 212April 21, 2023 3:37 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!