Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

PEPFAR at 20: President George W. Bush, Dr. Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete, and Dr. Condoleezza Rice

Bush is still a fool. Condi Rice was the most competent person in the room.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10March 25, 2023 3:43 PM

Ok cool

by Anonymousreply 1February 24, 2023 10:03 PM

PEPFAR was a great success but Bush pushed it over more funding for American gay men who had HIV because Evangelicals didn’t want more funding for gays

by Anonymousreply 2February 24, 2023 10:18 PM

Condi is awesome!

by Anonymousreply 3February 25, 2023 3:53 AM

The Times's Nick Kristoff:

"When President George W. Bush invaded Iraq 20 years ago this week, I was in the middle of the smoke and chaos of that cataclysmic war that became his best-known legacy. I wrote countless columns opposing an invasion, then I was scathing as I covered the war, and I still see it as a practical and moral catastrophe.

But wait — what if there’s something Bush did that was even more consequential than the invasion of Iraq? And what if it was something astonishingly good?

This is awkward, but I have to acknowledge that Bush deserves credit for the single best policy of any president in my lifetime. It’s called PEPFAR and if you haven’t heard of it, that’s part of the problem."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4March 22, 2023 11:05 PM

300.000 Iraqis were killed in that needless war that started this past Monday 20 years ago. Show some fucking respect and shut the fuck up about Bush this week. You can back to licking his shithole next week if you're that pressed.

by Anonymousreply 5March 22, 2023 11:12 PM

Where does Condi find the time to be so great between shopping for Ferragamo boots and collecting appearance fees?

by Anonymousreply 6March 22, 2023 11:50 PM

Is this from our our resident Condi freak?

by Anonymousreply 7March 23, 2023 12:30 AM

Condi was an utter failure as a politician.

Her latest BS was that we needed to move on from the 1/6 coup attempt.

Fuck that cunt

by Anonymousreply 8March 25, 2023 2:07 PM

[Quote] This is awkward, but I have to acknowledge that Bush deserves credit for the single best policy of any president in my lifetime. It’s called PEPFAR and if you haven’t heard of it, that’s part of the problem."

PEPFAR has been incredible (despite Trump wanting to kill it) but let’s all remember that the only way Bush got this passed was to show evangelicals he was shifting money to straight people getting AIDS from American gay men getting AIDS.

Also, organizations that handled this money in Africa could never even discuss abortion in any context (NGOs often provide many different kinds of services)

by Anonymousreply 9March 25, 2023 2:10 PM

Bush 2 did nothing worth talking about.

He was a dumb, heartless, lazy, bigoted drunk who was given too much power over too much money & too many people.

And yes he did more damage to the world than Trump did in 4. Trump got away with plenty do to Shrub's corrupt legacy.

Condi Troll should be put in front of a DL firing squad for all of her Bush licking.

by Anonymousreply 10March 25, 2023 3:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!