Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How DEMENTED is this?

A jeweller in Australia is making a name for herself, creating commemorative necklaces and rings from the teeth of the deceased.

Jacqui Williams, 29, is the owner of Grave Metallum Jewellery, and sells handcrafted pieces that incorporate the remains of the dead.

As well as teeth, Jacqui uses hair, ashes and has even been asked to create a necklace from an IUD.

The craftsperson admits she is morbid, and worked as a gardener at a local cemetery before she made human remains jewellery full time.

She said: "I incorporate teeth into anything a client requests and that can be made out of metal.

"I do this work because I want to help people deal with their grief and loss as it's something that is guaranteed for every living thing.

"My most memorable requests I have been asked are using an IUD in a piece of jewellery, in which I did decline due to it being plastic, and turning the bullet casing, from the bullet that a client's grandfather shot himself with into a piece of jewellery."

Each custom piece takes Jacqui between six and eight weeks to create and costs between £190 ($350 AUD) and more than £5,400 ($10,000 AUD).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33March 2, 2023 2:08 PM

The "artist" ???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 23, 2023 4:15 PM

Some of her creations

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 23, 2023 4:15 PM

I'm going to have my bones placed inside a doll, placed in a museum and charge the wealthy to fuck it.

by Anonymousreply 3February 23, 2023 4:16 PM

She sounds like a ghoul.

by Anonymousreply 4February 23, 2023 4:21 PM

Can I have a pair of small earrings made please?

by Anonymousreply 5February 23, 2023 4:26 PM

r4 nightmares, really?

Just imagine some lass getting a pair of rings for her labia piercings and surprising a hookup with it

by Anonymousreply 6February 23, 2023 4:28 PM

[quote]The craftsperson admits she is morbid, and worked as a gardener at a local cemetery WHERE SHE ACQUIRED ENOUGH human remains TO MAKE jewelry full time.

Fixed it for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 7February 23, 2023 4:32 PM

When I went to the funeral home that handled a family member’s cremation, one of the options was to have a pendant made so you could wear the deceased’s ashes on a necklace.

Not sure where I’ve seen it but I believe there is a company that makes lab-created stones (for jewelry) out of cremation ashes.

by Anonymousreply 8February 23, 2023 4:33 PM

While those are repulsive, I do think there is something interesting about using a person's body for the carbon to make a diamond from it, then using the diamond to make jewelry.

by Anonymousreply 9February 23, 2023 4:35 PM

Yes, I've seen that too R8. My sister wanted that to be done with my mother's ashes. But knowing my mother, I said no and figured that's why I was appointed the executor and inherited everything.

by Anonymousreply 10February 23, 2023 4:36 PM

r8 Yes, there is.. a bit overpriced. There's a wide variety of these kind of services... from pets to people.

Though it's difficult with human remains depending on the laws in your jurisdiction but like jaywalking many ignore the details.

by Anonymousreply 11February 23, 2023 4:37 PM

After my mother died my sister brought up the possibility of getting pendants made with my mother’s ashes which I found horrifying and declined.

They also make gemstones like another poster mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 12February 23, 2023 4:37 PM

Sometimes I want to make jewelry out of my living relatives teeth. Wait right there Jacqui, I'll get you a tooth to work with.

by Anonymousreply 13February 23, 2023 4:41 PM

My Daughter in Law was killed in a car wreck a little over a year ago. I'd love to have something made for him with her lock of hair. It sounds morbid, but I think that Lady is doing something good. I don't know about wearing a ring with teeth on it though.

by Anonymousreply 14February 23, 2023 4:45 PM

I have a wonderful extracted wisdom tooth that has a J hook root. I would like jewelry made with it.

by Anonymousreply 15February 23, 2023 5:15 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 16February 23, 2023 5:16 PM

R6. That is one thing I will never have to worry about.

by Anonymousreply 17February 23, 2023 5:18 PM

[quote] But I definitely would never want this done to myself or my family if I died or they died.

That’s why it is better to get people’s teeth while they are still alive. I agree, I wouldn’t want a tooth if it was extracted after death.

by Anonymousreply 18February 23, 2023 5:22 PM

Fools and their money are soon parted.

by Anonymousreply 19February 23, 2023 5:56 PM

I'm so quirky, you guys!

by Anonymousreply 20February 23, 2023 6:05 PM

I would be more interested in a skin tanning service.

by Anonymousreply 21February 23, 2023 6:08 PM

I saw a comment on Facebook about this asking when they need to be repaired to you take them to a jeweler or dentist.

by Anonymousreply 22February 23, 2023 6:10 PM

Jewelry made from teeth? Oh, thanks lads! Good to know I'm safe from this nefarious practice!

by Anonymousreply 23February 23, 2023 6:10 PM

Mourning jewelry is nothing new.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24February 23, 2023 6:12 PM

Those are actually kind of interesting R24. The teeth rings are especially disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 25February 27, 2023 3:36 PM

Any more demented than turning your cum into jewelry?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26February 27, 2023 3:51 PM

Making memorial keepsakes out of hair was very common before the widespread advent of photography.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27February 27, 2023 6:41 PM

Look up “hair work.” It cam into vogue after the wigs for men fell out of fashion. It have a large collection of hair work. It was not always done to commemorate the dead. I have a watch chain made of braided hair. Presumably for a man made of his wife’s hair.

by Anonymousreply 28February 27, 2023 6:47 PM

Many years ago I had all my wisdom teeth removed. At that time I requested that the extracted teeth be returned to me. The clinic where I had this done thought the request was very odd. I intended to have them made into a necklace because I thought that would be very "punk rock". Never went through and had it made, but I've still got the teeth around here somewhere. Just an odd keepsake now, I suppose...

by Anonymousreply 29March 2, 2023 1:39 PM

Soon people will be walking around with a bone of their "loved one" through their nose. The devolution into a freak show society continues...

by Anonymousreply 30March 2, 2023 1:47 PM

Not.

by Anonymousreply 31March 2, 2023 2:02 PM

Unless the person agreed to it. If not, it’s desecration.

by Anonymousreply 32March 2, 2023 2:02 PM

I don't see much of a problem, buT I find it SUPER GROSS, unhygienic in fact.

by Anonymousreply 33March 2, 2023 2:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!