Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Please stop posting articles from the execrable New York Post

This loathsome newspaper has nothing but “the sky is falling” coverage and seemingly has Hunter Biden on its cover every two days.

I don’t read it at the newsstand or online and I don’t appreciate seeing it here so damned often.

So, please stop.

by Anonymousreply 42March 25, 2023 12:39 PM

I like to control people.

by Anonymousreply 1February 23, 2023 5:53 AM

No paywall

by Anonymousreply 2February 23, 2023 5:59 AM

It’s still repugnant

by Anonymousreply 3February 23, 2023 3:56 PM

How about you just don't click those links?

by Anonymousreply 4February 23, 2023 4:03 PM

DL warns about Daily Mail links, it should do the same with the Post, which is much more rabid.

by Anonymousreply 5February 23, 2023 4:27 PM

The NYPost often reports stories that the NYTimes ignores.

And whether you like it or not, New Yorkers do read it. They read the NYTimes AND the Post.

by Anonymousreply 6February 23, 2023 4:31 PM

[quote]DL warns about Daily Mail links, it should do the same with the Post, which is much more rabid.

The DailyMail often gets the scoop first. Not only the story but photos too.

by Anonymousreply 7February 23, 2023 4:33 PM

Try reading the entire newspaper one day, including articles, letters, op Ed and editorials.

You’ll be sick to your stomach.

by Anonymousreply 8February 23, 2023 4:34 PM

The New York Post is actually older than the Times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 23, 2023 5:31 PM

Do as I say! I am in control here! I am the big boss!

by Anonymousreply 10February 23, 2023 5:34 PM

The New York Post is Rupert Murdoch’s personal right wing vomitorium

by Anonymousreply 11February 23, 2023 5:35 PM

What comes out his other side goes into the Wall Street Journal

by Anonymousreply 12February 23, 2023 5:36 PM

Used to read it everyday. Now I'd rather eat my own vomit. it's KaRap.

by Anonymousreply 13March 2, 2023 7:01 PM

Alexander Hamilton founded the NY Post. He was a mixed race bisexual Black immigrant.

by Anonymousreply 14March 2, 2023 7:06 PM

Where else can I read Dilbert?

by Anonymousreply 15March 2, 2023 7:30 PM

OP We don't need a fucking hall monitor here.

by Anonymousreply 16March 2, 2023 7:42 PM

It wounds.

by Anonymousreply 17March 2, 2023 9:54 PM

The Post doesn’t have comics, but maybe now they will pick up Dilbert ugh.

by Anonymousreply 18March 3, 2023 1:50 AM

NY Post links have increased because they regurgitate content from the Daily Mail, which is now banned by DL. The NY Post is a way to get around the ban.

by Anonymousreply 19March 3, 2023 1:52 AM

No mention of Newsweek magazine, which has absolutely fallen to shit?

Although maybe that means no one’s reading it. In which case, bravo for your good taste, DL!

by Anonymousreply 20March 3, 2023 2:15 AM

The Daily Mail is NOT banned, moron, Muriel simply sticks a warning on articles posted from it, therefore there is no reason to link to the excrement that is the NY Post.

Both papers are disgusting but of the two I'll take the Daily Mail for the photos, they do a nice job with them.

by Anonymousreply 21March 3, 2023 2:20 AM

Alexander Hamilton was really a POC transperson.

by Anonymousreply 22March 3, 2023 5:52 AM

Why are leftists like OP so into censorship?

by Anonymousreply 23March 3, 2023 6:58 AM

The Post was likably populist back in the day. Trashy but not rancid.

by Anonymousreply 24March 3, 2023 8:23 AM

The DL is a NYC-based forum. Mediopolis was started in New York. The NY Post is the oldest paper in New York and has enough resources to get gossip stories others don't. Page Six alone has broken more gossip stories than anyone else until the age of the internet.

Also, the NYP can appreciate a good headline writer.

So WHO the FUCK is Buttfuck Bernice from Flyoveristan to tell US who we MAY and MAY NOT read?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25March 3, 2023 8:34 AM

Fuck Rupert Mudoch's NYPost!

by Anonymousreply 26March 3, 2023 9:06 AM

It’s important to have press from both the right and left wings. It keeps politicians at least slightly honest. I’m glad we have the NY Post.

by Anonymousreply 27March 3, 2023 9:11 AM

[quote]The DailyMail often gets the scoop first. Not only the story but photos too.

They're often wrong, though, just like TMZ is. They may have photos and some basic news right but they'll have details wrong.

Besides, everyone knows they were banned because the three main troll groups on here -- rightwing propagandists, anti-trans trolls, and H&M haters -- were posting DM links constantly. You can't tell me you don't all remember that the entire front page would be nothing but DM articles for 25-50 articles in a row, and they'd all be troll posts.

That said, if Mediapolis was serious about it they'd ban the links themselves, instead of replacing the post with text and then allowing the link to go through.

by Anonymousreply 28March 3, 2023 9:12 AM

[quote]It’s important to have press from both the right and left wings. It keeps politicians at least slightly honest

This is so stupid it doesn't really warrant a reply, but still, it bears repeating that the NY Post flat-out lies, and regularly. No one is "kept honest" by a propaganda rag that lies on a daily basis.

by Anonymousreply 29March 3, 2023 9:13 AM

If evidence were needed that DL has degenerated into a fascist re-education camp, look no further than the posts on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 30March 3, 2023 9:18 AM

[quote] No one is "kept honest" by a propaganda rag that lies on a daily basis.

Oh dear! R29 didn't get the email that they're ALL propaganda rags. They ALL lie. You simply choose whose propaganda and lies you wish to indulge.

by Anonymousreply 31March 3, 2023 9:20 AM

It covered the Hunter Biden laptop story and the China lab Covid story when no one else would. ^

by Anonymousreply 32March 3, 2023 9:20 AM

As far as I know, r32, it was the ONLY one. On both counts.

Nevermind, LETS BAN IT, because it is "psychologically stressful" for the rabid new trolls, organized on Discord and sent here to demand such insane things as banning the New York fucking Post.

Why not ban all links, then? If the new people/activists here are so fragile that thay can neither scroll on by nor resist from coming to this site, the obvious solution is to ban all links to the site.

OR - and this just came to me - let's just shut the site down altogether. Maybe a comment on here will trigger them, so best be SAFE and shut it all down.

That's what people like OP really want, isn't it? WELL, let's just give it to them. Because why not? They demand it. Isn't that enough of a reason?

No? If not, why not?

by Anonymousreply 33March 3, 2023 9:27 AM

R28 Just fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 34March 3, 2023 5:16 PM

No one is advocating the “banning” of links to the NY Post, just suggesting that DLers not provide articles link to that right-wing, sensationalistic excuse for a newspaper.

by Anonymousreply 35March 3, 2023 5:30 PM

In other words “Just be kind”. Let’s see where that gets you.

by Anonymousreply 36March 3, 2023 5:32 PM

OP We know it's shit. Most people on DL can think critically about the sources posted. It doesn't make evil people richer or kill babies by linking to the Post. It's not exposing gullible naifs to dangerous information. It's part of a larger discussion which you wish to limit rather than expand. You'd be happier with less communication and fewer ideas in your own little bubble.

It's nice that you said please.

by Anonymousreply 37March 4, 2023 4:36 PM

Ok, coming right up:

Breitbart, InfoWars and TruthSocial.

Just for that larger discussion you seem to crave.

by Anonymousreply 38March 4, 2023 8:44 PM

R38 We can handle it but you should have your smelling salts nearby. Try policing elsewhere, or talk to the manager.

by Anonymousreply 39March 5, 2023 7:24 AM

You might like this one, OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40March 25, 2023 11:03 AM

r1 makes me laugh. Why do trolls WW themselves so much when it doesn't help? They still get banned.

by Anonymousreply 41March 25, 2023 11:30 AM

R7-

Rerun: Hey Shirley, what’s the scoop?

Shirley: Scoop is you’re FAT!

by Anonymousreply 42March 25, 2023 12:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!