Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jeopardy! #36: 3 weeks of college students, but not the National College Championship

Avi did not go down easily!

by Anonymousreply 601April 6, 2023 3:23 AM

Isn’t February sweeps month? Or do they not do that anymore? I can’t imagine this high school reunion shit is bringing in many viewers.

by Anonymousreply 1February 23, 2023 2:20 PM

Jeopardy! used to have a Teacher's Tournament every year.

I used to enjoy the Teacher's Tournament. But its been four or five years since we last had a Teacher's Tournament.

Instead, we're getting this dumbed down High School Reunion Tournament?

I really don't see it attracting new viewers. It's turning me off to think we've got to endure three weeks of this.

by Anonymousreply 2February 23, 2023 5:11 PM

I thought FJ last night was relatively easy.

by Anonymousreply 3February 23, 2023 5:12 PM

What the ever living fuck is Shriya doing???

After every correct response she tilts her head and grins widely like she’s coquettishly posing the camera. Absolutely fucking bizarre.

🙄

by Anonymousreply 4February 23, 2023 9:18 PM

Justins hot voice and gym body will do wonderful things for his bedroom activities. Justin needs to get over the bed head look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5February 23, 2023 11:14 PM

And that sweater is not doing him any favors.

by Anonymousreply 6February 23, 2023 11:17 PM

R6 = Yeah. I don't want to hear about your gym body while you are wearing your XXL sweater hiding it. Justin is also a swimmer.

by Anonymousreply 7February 23, 2023 11:30 PM

I believe someone in the last thread wrote that he had checked out the upcoming contestants and that there were no good lookers among them, but I think Justin is really cute, though I do agree about his hair. He didn't start out very well in the game, but then he hit his stride. Glad he won. Also, I think he may be family :-)

by Anonymousreply 8February 23, 2023 11:34 PM

I was wondering.

by Anonymousreply 9February 24, 2023 12:00 AM

Last year. A bit disappointing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10February 24, 2023 12:05 AM

He lost me at the hair.

by Anonymousreply 11February 24, 2023 12:32 AM

He got really lucky with that true daily double in the second round. I agree he's very cute.

by Anonymousreply 12February 24, 2023 1:51 AM

Love his hair! Totally invites ruffling your fingers through it.

by Anonymousreply 13February 24, 2023 2:01 AM

I just couldn't, with the Peter Pan collar.

by Anonymousreply 14February 24, 2023 2:28 AM

The chick seemed a bit smug about being from Harvard.

by Anonymousreply 15February 24, 2023 3:04 AM

Go Justin! He's adorable, just needs some (well. lots of) guidance.

Clearly, he's still figuring it all out. That deep voice!

by Anonymousreply 16February 24, 2023 3:17 AM

In spite of his obvious intelligence, Justin reminds me of both Keanu Reeves in "Bill and Ted" and Andrew Bowen as Keanu...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17February 24, 2023 3:25 AM

Justin is adorable. I like the hair.

I’m glad that he won after that rocky start. Shriya was quite full of herself, so I was fine with her not advancing.

by Anonymousreply 18February 24, 2023 4:20 AM

I think Justin's haircut would be fine for an informal setting, like an outdoor activity, but it doesn't look quite appropriate for being on TV.

by Anonymousreply 19February 24, 2023 12:12 PM

And I think his hair would be very cute worn with a tight tee shirt or polo shirt, not that hideous oversized beige sweater with the Pilgrim collar.

by Anonymousreply 20February 24, 2023 1:18 PM

That all makes him the definition of adorkable.

by Anonymousreply 21February 24, 2023 2:34 PM

Is twinky Justin the new Tom the Bartender?

by Anonymousreply 22February 24, 2023 2:57 PM

Mayim Bialik is a great host. I prefer her over Jennings any day. I can't believe the 'backlash' she's getting online, though. People want Jennings back ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23February 24, 2023 3:20 PM

She gets more annoying with each passing day.

by Anonymousreply 24February 24, 2023 4:00 PM

Mayim is irritating. She has an unearned arrogance that makes the episodes she hosts so joyless.

by Anonymousreply 25February 24, 2023 4:17 PM

I'm team Ken!

Adorkable is my thing, but this kid ain't that.

by Anonymousreply 26February 24, 2023 5:07 PM

He has a lovely smile.

by Anonymousreply 27February 24, 2023 5:08 PM

She is beyond irritating. The way she says no or that's not correct like she's some Mensa genius and the rest of us are pure imbeciles.

by Anonymousreply 28February 24, 2023 5:09 PM

My only issue with Mayim is her constant hesitation in confirming a guess, whether right or wrong. Though maybe that adds a little tension to the game.

by Anonymousreply 29February 24, 2023 5:11 PM

Ken knows. Mayim waits to be told.

by Anonymousreply 30February 24, 2023 5:12 PM

[quote]My only issue with Mayim is her constant hesitation in confirming a guess, whether right or wrong.

It's annoying. It comes across as Mayim waiting to get confirmation of an answer from the judges. Like she doesn't have the correct answer written on her screen as she's reading the question.

by Anonymousreply 31February 24, 2023 6:03 PM

[quote]Mayim Bialik is a great host. I prefer her over Jennings any day. I can't believe the 'backlash' she's getting online, though. People want Jennings back ?

In my opinion, the truth is that both are fine hosts overall, though I have minor issues with each of them. But, for whatever reasons, many people feel they HAVE TO choose sides. And not only that, once they've chosen a side, for some reason they must convince themselves that the person they prefer as host is absolutely perfect in every way, while the other person is completely terrible. This is really one of the most annoying facets of human nature.

by Anonymousreply 32February 24, 2023 6:22 PM

Good insights r32. Thanks for pointing that out.

by Anonymousreply 33February 24, 2023 6:42 PM

I like both of them, however Mayim’s hesitation before confirming an answer is a bit annoying.

by Anonymousreply 34February 24, 2023 9:04 PM

Good gravy. Jackson looks and sounds like a young, bitchy Louie Anderson. They need a warning label for this episode….FUG!

by Anonymousreply 35February 24, 2023 9:04 PM

[quote]Good gravy. Jackson looks and sounds like a young, bitchy Louie Anderson. They need a warning label for this episode….FUG!

Actually, Jackson could star in “Changes: The Amy Schneider Story” and play both roles.

by Anonymousreply 36February 24, 2023 11:40 PM

How could Jackson have looked at that sweater and thought, “this is a great idea!”?

He comes across like an old woman — sorta like Mrs. Euphegenia Doubtfire.

by Anonymousreply 37February 24, 2023 11:46 PM

Lot of pursing of lips and “I’m smarter than you” smirks. And that’s just from Mayim.

by Anonymousreply 38February 24, 2023 11:56 PM

Ryan is a cutie pie.

by Anonymousreply 39February 24, 2023 11:57 PM

What was I just looking at?! At least Ryan was a cute diversion.

by Anonymousreply 40February 24, 2023 11:59 PM

Ryan was a cute twink, Jackson was interesting, and I always think Mayim is going to tell someone they were wrong and then she’s like, “………………..……yes. That’s right.”

by Anonymousreply 41February 25, 2023 12:08 AM

Yeah, Ryan was adorable. I was hoping that he would win, but the smug Jackson got too far ahead with those DDs.

by Anonymousreply 42February 25, 2023 12:12 AM

What is a Jackson??

🤔

by Anonymousreply 43February 25, 2023 12:17 AM

A nice to bright person, but ... someone needs to explain Jackson to me. I'm not getting it on my own.

I got final before she finished reading the question.

by Anonymousreply 44February 25, 2023 1:39 AM

R32 I think people's inclination to choose between them was because they both were in the "try out" period of many possible hosts - and we discussed the relative merits of them all. That just continues now.

Jackson, Jesus, Madeleine Albright lives.

by Anonymousreply 45February 25, 2023 2:06 AM

Jackson?. No. I just cannot. So help me if this were a regular game and viewers knew they had to see They/She/Him again tomorrow---the ratings would plummet!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46February 25, 2023 2:32 AM

Ryan was sweet and a cutie. But this is not going to be a hot 40s. Better whore it up now!! And WHY didn't he bet it all in FJ? Even if you were wrong. Go for it!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47February 25, 2023 2:37 AM

[quote] but the smug Jackson got too far ahead with those DDs.

With that baggy sweater, it was impossible to see if they were double Ds.

by Anonymousreply 48February 25, 2023 2:39 AM

They were all pretty good players. I think Ryan is sweet like Eddie Haskell...

"Eddie is so polite, it's almost un-American." - Ward

by Anonymousreply 49February 25, 2023 3:12 AM

Jackson reminds me of the old Craigslist days. Where you show up to hookup at someones place after seeing their hot ad picture and JACKSON is what they really looked like. No joke. Those guys pissed me off.

by Anonymousreply 50February 25, 2023 3:18 AM

[quote]I think people's inclination to choose between them was because they both were in the "try out" period of many possible hosts - and we discussed the relative merits of them all. That just continues now.

You may have a point there. but there's still no need, in choosing a favorite between two very qualified hosts, for people to insist that one of them is great and the other one is terrible. If this were a question of choosing between Mayim Bialik and Aaron Rodgers, or between Ken Jennings and Katie Couric, for example, that would be a different story.....

by Anonymousreply 51February 25, 2023 4:22 AM

Ryan is very cute.

by Anonymousreply 52February 25, 2023 4:25 AM

I was going to say something, but thought “better not.”

by Anonymousreply 53February 25, 2023 5:37 AM

Jackson is going to have a tough time making it in the real world. Too much guesswork.

by Anonymousreply 54February 25, 2023 4:39 PM

Remind anyone else of Pat from SNL?

by Anonymousreply 55February 25, 2023 5:31 PM

Maybe's Jackson's sweater was a way of saying he/she is LGBTQ+.

by Anonymousreply 56February 25, 2023 10:53 PM

No R56. It was his way of saying next step caftan,

by Anonymousreply 57February 25, 2023 11:00 PM

I think if They/She wins this tournament---it won't happen again for another 10 years. And I wouldn't be surprised if Florida tries to ban Jeopardy in their state.

by Anonymousreply 58February 25, 2023 11:50 PM

I suspect Jackson’s flesh is no stranger to the caress of a caftan.

by Anonymousreply 59February 26, 2023 1:39 AM

Mayim should try to work some caftan magic herself next week; this week has been her worst ever, fashion-wise.

by Anonymousreply 60February 26, 2023 2:33 AM

Ken J tends to be smug, but he seems to be improving, despite the momentary lapses of condescension. Mayim B, OTOH, comes across as a (mostly) highly functional Aspie. I'd bet that she has one or more coaches who try to help her seem normal, but a full-on detonation is just waiting to happen.

by Anonymousreply 61February 26, 2023 2:49 AM

… …. …… ………. ……………………………………. Yes. That’s right.

by Anonymousreply 62February 26, 2023 9:12 AM

Apparently Mattea seems to be going from non-binary to FTM?

by Anonymousreply 63February 26, 2023 3:13 PM

Are all Gen Z guys gay/queer or just the ones on Jeopardy?? An inquisitive Eldergay would like to know.

by Anonymousreply 64February 27, 2023 10:42 PM

OMG, could that Danny Radcliffe be any cuter?

by Anonymousreply 65February 27, 2023 11:07 PM

Rohan's white mock turtle over a pale pink dress shirt is........an interesting wardrobe choice.

by Anonymousreply 66February 27, 2023 11:11 PM

Did Rohan say" ALBA-QWERKY?

by Anonymousreply 67February 27, 2023 11:13 PM

I have always said gay men are smarter than straights. And this tournament is proving it. Werk Rohan!!

by Anonymousreply 68February 27, 2023 11:14 PM

Rohan made his IG private. Clearly he is familiar with DL...

by Anonymousreply 69February 27, 2023 11:16 PM

Two Cuties tomorrow...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70February 27, 2023 11:33 PM

[quote] Did Rohan say" ALBA-QWERKY?

Sounded like it. But he also had an odd way of speaking, so who knows.

by Anonymousreply 71February 28, 2023 12:19 AM

His DD and FJ bids were terrible!! He just opened the door for that snippy conceited winner.

by Anonymousreply 72February 28, 2023 12:56 AM

The guy in the champ spot was too timid in his wagers.

by Anonymousreply 73February 28, 2023 1:10 AM

And why did he choose the Poetry category if he felt so insecure with the topic?

by Anonymousreply 74February 28, 2023 2:03 AM

Cute Radcliffe was definitely the highlight of that episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75February 28, 2023 3:58 AM

Daniel still has such perky tits.

by Anonymousreply 76February 28, 2023 1:00 PM

I got all the Harry Potter questions right.

by Anonymousreply 77February 28, 2023 1:56 PM

I'm the least HP person on the planet, zero interest. But, yeah, Danny boy was totes adorbs.

No one here has heard of rooibos tea? Guessed Sylvia Plath correctly.

by Anonymousreply 78February 28, 2023 2:20 PM

I really thought Rohan was gonna trample the two girls. His betting skills were truly disastrous.

by Anonymousreply 79February 28, 2023 2:22 PM

When do they begin rematching the college students we've already seen?

by Anonymousreply 80February 28, 2023 2:22 PM

How does the wardrobe department outdo itself nightly by finding Mayim outfits uglier than the previous nights'?

Is there a Daytime Emmy for WORST wardrobe team?

by Anonymousreply 81February 28, 2023 3:02 PM

Red bush = roi bush = rooibus

I've noticed before that sometimes the "college" or HS tournaments occasional show a question that almost answers itself and young kids just haven't been exposed to the world enough to get the answer.

Ah, nothing like that rich experience that comes from ... age.

by Anonymousreply 82February 28, 2023 3:12 PM

A boogy with a hoody??

What kind of crack is she smoking?

by Anonymousreply 83February 28, 2023 10:34 PM

i do not like this fucking host. her jacket doesn't even close! wear something that fits!

by Anonymousreply 84February 28, 2023 11:06 PM

Anish has big dick energy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85February 28, 2023 11:12 PM

Lucas has "we WILL cuddle after sex" energy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86February 28, 2023 11:13 PM

I'm rooting for Anish (that posture!) but his answer REGISTER should not have been accepted for REGISTRAR.

Should it?

by Anonymousreply 87February 28, 2023 11:28 PM

Those Texas co-eds must be throwing themselves at Anish every day.

by Anonymousreply 88February 28, 2023 11:28 PM

R87 = I caught that too. He clearly said it wrong.

by Anonymousreply 89February 28, 2023 11:36 PM

Correct-O!

by Anonymousreply 90March 1, 2023 2:02 AM

I just watched the show now, and to me it sounded like the BDE guy said "registrer."

Either way, it shouldn't have been accepted.

I thought Mayim was better dressed today, but then yesterday she looked like she was wearing a housecoat, so anything would have been an improvement.

I still like her as host though.

by Anonymousreply 91March 1, 2023 2:12 AM

Three smiley contestants and a good game. Mayim overuses "awesome," just as Ken overuses "fantastic."

by Anonymousreply 92March 1, 2023 4:17 AM

Am I the only one who things Mayim oddly hesitates with her "that is correct" responses. I actually like her. I just find it distracting or maybe it's just my imagination?

by Anonymousreply 93March 1, 2023 5:46 AM

I've noticed that delay too; sometimes I think it sounds like Siri.

by Anonymousreply 94March 1, 2023 6:35 AM

I had heard a rumor that Sondheim mandated that the next major production of ST would have to include Annaleigh as Lovett. Anyone else hear this?

by Anonymousreply 95March 1, 2023 12:04 PM

Oops. Wrong thread.

by Anonymousreply 96March 1, 2023 12:13 PM

From last night, they missed peseta, which was gone before they were born (infants at most), but they should've gotten philately, lace and gaucho.

by Anonymousreply 97March 1, 2023 1:57 PM

Except LACE is not a kind of fabric. The clue was totally wrongheaded. Lace can be made of cotton, linen, silk, rayon, even wool, which are all fabrics that can be fashioned into lace.

by Anonymousreply 98March 1, 2023 2:25 PM

Well you may be technically correct, the answer that they were going for was obvious even if flawed.

by Anonymousreply 99March 1, 2023 2:36 PM

It's as if she's toying with the contestant, which I find kind of revolting.

by Anonymousreply 100March 1, 2023 2:48 PM

Jeopardy! fans grouse over Mayim Bialik's extended hosting stint as quiz show's spring and summer schedule is announced

A number of Jeopardy! fans took to social media to react to the show's announcement of its spring and summer scheduling, some critical of part-time host Mayim Bialik while partial to Ken Jennings.

On Monday, the show's producer Sarah Foss said on the podcast Inside Jeopardy! that Jennings, 48, 'will be back on March 10, and then he will continue the rest of his syndicated run, which will take us through April 28.'

From that point, Foss said, Bialik, 47, 'will take over on May 1, and she'll take us all the way through the summer.'

A number of fans of the show took to Twitter to criticize Bialik's performance in hosting the TV stalwart.

'Jeopardy, stop trying to make Mayim happen. It's not going to happen,' one person said.

One person asked: 'How is it possible that Mayim Bialik just keeps getting worse and worse at hosting jeopardy?' while another questioned why it takes her 'so long to confirm an answer?'

Said one fan: 'I'm just getting back into @Jeopardy after a long break since the death of Alex Trebek. I wish they'd give Ken Jennings the permanent position. Mayim Bialik is out of her depth.'

Another called Bialik 'unwatchable as Jeopardy host,' adding, 'So many quirks and odd mannerisms. I'll watch again when Ken Jennings comes back.'

Some fans defended Bialik in her capacity as host of the show, with one fan saying that 'the controversy seems contrived.'

Said another fan: 'Mayim does a great job hosting. Some folks just can't deal with a woman hosting a game show. I look forward to the Mayim shows.'

One fan said that Bialik should host Celebrity Jeopardy! while Jennings hosts the syndicated edition.

'Can we for the love of god just have Mayim host Celebrity Jeopardy!' the person said. 'One of the contestants even admitted that her pacing and the way she reads the clues is just plain bad. There's literally no reason why she should be hosting syndicated.'

One person asked: 'How is it possible that Mayim Bialik just keeps getting worse and worse at hosting jeopardy?' while another questioned why it takes her 'so long to confirm an answer?'

Said one fan: 'I'm just getting back into @Jeopardy after a long break since the death of Alex Trebek. I wish they'd give Ken Jennings the permanent position. Mayim Bialik is out of her depth.'

Another called Bialik 'unwatchable as Jeopardy host,' adding, 'So many quirks and odd mannerisms. I'll watch again when Ken Jennings comes back.'

Some fans defended Bialik in her capacity as host of the show, with one fan saying that 'the controversy seems contrived.'

Said another fan: 'Mayim does a great job hosting. Some folks just can't deal with a woman hosting a game show. I look forward to the Mayim shows.'

One fan said that Bialik should host Celebrity Jeopardy! while Jennings hosts the syndicated edition.

'Can we for the love of god just have Mayim host Celebrity Jeopardy!' the person said. 'One of the contestants even admitted that her pacing and the way she reads the clues is just plain bad. There's literally no reason why she should be hosting syndicated.'

Bialik recently wrapped up hosting a primetime run of Celebrity Jeopardy! earlier this month, and is also presiding over the show's High School Reunion Tournament, which concludes March 9.

by Anonymousreply 101March 1, 2023 2:56 PM

Wow! Mayim looks like she's been borrowing clothes from Louise Tate's closet during the 1960s. Only Louise wore it better since she was prettier and had a better figure.

BDE - I hope 'Big Brother' has their eyes on him. I'd love to see him be a contestant all summer long, lounging by the pool with no shirt on.

by Anonymousreply 102March 1, 2023 3:10 PM

[quote]Oops. Wrong thread.

There is never a wrong thread for Sondheim and DLers.

by Anonymousreply 103March 1, 2023 4:14 PM

Let's get the most important piece of business out of the way first: Dan was HOT AF.

I'm assuming that most 'mos gasped at missing Sunday IN the Park with George? I knew Pont Neuf, mercury and Teamsters as well. Mayim made this into the episode with the most cringe-worthy set of contestant interviews I've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 104March 2, 2023 12:01 AM

Yes, R104, but Dan was as dumb as a rock. A very dumb rock. How the fuck do you not get that easy FJ.

by Anonymousreply 105March 2, 2023 12:14 AM

I actually need Mayim to host. Long stretches of Ken gets very old, very fast for me.

by Anonymousreply 106March 2, 2023 12:38 AM

LOVED Dan! Adorably sexy. What a hot body with that chest hair poking out of his collar. And he was smart, just had smarter competition (I was screaming at him Bridge of Sighs! Bridge of Sighs!!). Did anybody catch his last name?

by Anonymousreply 107March 2, 2023 12:55 AM

FJ was pretty easy. All you needed to do was a little bit of math to get the right answer.

by Anonymousreply 108March 2, 2023 1:22 AM

Dan is the guy in the dorm who lets you blow him but keeps his socks on while bottoming.

by Anonymousreply 109March 2, 2023 1:56 AM

R107 Dan Oxman...IG private...We are deprived of his shirtless summer pix.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110March 2, 2023 2:40 AM

Dan describing his dick size.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111March 2, 2023 2:44 AM

Cute Dan reminded me of that hot Olympic gymnast Danell Leyva.

by Anonymousreply 112March 2, 2023 12:43 PM

Today’s a combination of poorly written and difficult questions and some really fucking dumb kids. Painful!

by Anonymousreply 113March 2, 2023 9:18 PM

R113: You can find the episodes in advance on YouTube. Who the fuck did Maggie blow to get on the show?

by Anonymousreply 114March 2, 2023 9:22 PM

It just keeps getting worse. Worst episode ever! And I’m not being a bit hyperbolic.

by Anonymousreply 115March 2, 2023 9:22 PM

Let’s face it Mayim is no beauty but would it kill her to hire a stylist.

by Anonymousreply 116March 2, 2023 9:25 PM

R114/R116

by Anonymousreply 117March 2, 2023 9:36 PM

Poor Mayim is so homely.

by Anonymousreply 118March 2, 2023 10:53 PM

It still really bothers me how Mayim is always introduced as "the host of Jeopardy!" whereas Ken is introduced as "hosting Jeopardy!" The latter seems more accurate, considering that two hosts are switching off. "The host of Jeopardy!" makes it sound like Mayim is the one and only host.

by Anonymousreply 119March 2, 2023 11:17 PM

[quote] whereas Ken is introduced as "hosting Jeopardy!"

You’re incorrect R119. Ken has been introduced as the host since the new season started in the Fall because they are both hosts now.

by Anonymousreply 120March 2, 2023 11:44 PM

I don’t know why the guy wagered as much as he did in the second rebound. Those dumb bitches were never gonna catch up to him.

by Anonymousreply 121March 2, 2023 11:47 PM

Caleb has that annoying habit of precisely over-pronouncing each and every word, making him seem insufferable. Which, I’m sure as someone who is majoring in Culture and Politics at Georgetown, 🙄 he likely is.

by Anonymousreply 122March 2, 2023 11:58 PM

It irritates me when people bet weird amounts.

by Anonymousreply 123March 3, 2023 12:01 AM

I was completely deprived the cute chat with the contestants because CBS felt I needed to see what’s his name convicted. Boo!

by Anonymousreply 124March 3, 2023 12:02 AM

[quote]Ken has been introduced as the host since the new season started in the Fall because they are both hosts now.

Are you sure? And even if you're correct, both Mayim and Ken were hosts last season, and at that time, they were definitely introduced differently, as I described. So why the change now?

by Anonymousreply 125March 3, 2023 12:11 AM

That was a dismal game. Sad.

Thank god we're on to the semi-finals tomorrow!

by Anonymousreply 126March 3, 2023 12:18 AM

Ken is now officially the host of Jeopardy along with Mayim. That started at the beginning of the season.

On the very first episode of the season, Johnny said, "And now, here is the host of Jeopardy, Ken Jennings."

Ken walked out and commented how good it was to start the new season with a live audience once again after two years and to be officially introduced as the host.

See the video below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127March 3, 2023 4:34 AM

Caleb is smart and has good elocution, but he reminded me of Stuart on MadTV.

by Anonymousreply 128March 3, 2023 5:04 AM

Western Florida University didn’t make it to FJ. Wah wah.

A Brandeis student studying neuroscience and Mayim had nothing to say?

by Anonymousreply 129March 3, 2023 5:21 AM

[quote]Are you sure? And even if you're correct, both Mayim and Ken were hosts last season, and at that time, they were definitely introduced differently, as I described. So why the change now?

We've discussed this at length before. But here goes once again.

After Alex died in Nov. 2020, they did 8 months of guest hosts. Ken served as one of those guest hosts, as did Mayim and about a dozen others, including Dr. Oz, Anderson Cooper, Katie Couric, Aaron Rogers and LeVar Burton. Another person filling in as guest host was show executive producer, Mike Richards, who had previously been the EP of Price is Right.

At the start of the 2021-22 season, show announced Mike Richards and Mayim Bialik as the show's new permanent hosts.

Mike Richards hosted for a week and then the scandal about Mike's controversial past was exposed. Show fired Mike as both host and EP. Show brought in Michael Davies to be the temporary EP. Davies is the British producer who brought Who Wants to be a Millionaire to America in 1999.

Mayim was not available to host full time since she also was starring in the Fox series "Call Me Kat" and couldn't be there every week.

So, they brought back Ken to fill in as host during the weeks Mayim was not available. They stuck with this situation throughout the 2021-22 season and pondered on what to do in the long run.

Since Mayim had officially been named a permanent host, she was introduced as the show host, "and now, here is the host of Jeopardy, Mayim Bialik."

Since Ken was still just filling in at that point and hadn't been named a permanent host, the show introduced him, "and now, hosting Jeopardy, Ken Jennings."

Mike Davies was named permanent EP in spring 2022. Then at start of 2022-23 season, Davies named Ken the permanent host along with Mayim. That is when they changed Ken's introduction to, "and now, here is the host of Jeopardy, Ken Jennings."

by Anonymousreply 130March 3, 2023 6:44 AM

Here is the article about Mike Richards. The controversy exposed in the article ultimately resulted in his being fired as both Jeopardy host and executive producer.

Its a fascinating but quite lengthy article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131March 3, 2023 6:49 AM

The complete rundown is much appreciated, R130, even though I did know most or all of that. I guess what I'm saying is that, since there are now TWO hosts of Jeopardy! switching off, I think "And now, hosting Jeopardy!." would be a more clear and appropriate introduction than "and now, THE host of Jeopardy!" But, obviously, no one asked me.

I also think it's weird that Ken was considered unofficial throughout the 2021-22 season, considering how often he hosted. During that season, he seemed much more than a "fill-in" to me.

by Anonymousreply 132March 3, 2023 12:42 PM

Or, "And now, here is your host of JEOPARDY."

by Anonymousreply 133March 3, 2023 10:51 PM

I hate Jackson with every fiber of my being.

by Anonymousreply 134March 3, 2023 11:20 PM

We all hate Jackson with every fiber of your being.

Dear Jeopardy casting team,

You are doing your damndest to destroy this show. It’s time to realize your target demographic is Eldergays, librarians, cats and Eldergays/librarians with cats.

by Anonymousreply 135March 3, 2023 11:27 PM

Lucas got even CUTER since his last appearance days ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136March 3, 2023 11:34 PM

He's adorable.

by Anonymousreply 137March 3, 2023 11:36 PM

What the fuck did I just watch? I just can’t with Jackson. What is that thing?????

by Anonymousreply 138March 3, 2023 11:51 PM

She-They is ruining this entire tournament.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139March 3, 2023 11:53 PM

Can't believe Lucas missed "Lucas."

by Anonymousreply 140March 3, 2023 11:56 PM

I suspect Lucas has a big beautiful cock that he wields masterfully.

by Anonymousreply 141March 3, 2023 11:59 PM

Is Jackson a gay?

by Anonymousreply 142March 3, 2023 11:59 PM

Jackson was serving FACE!

by Anonymousreply 143March 4, 2023 12:00 AM

Lucas actually managed to get that you wear a tie with a suit, so I was rooting for him.

I understand that Jackson is very intelligent, and isn't some craven fembot, but seems to have actual self-respect. I admire him (?) for that. I suppose he's doing the best to deal with the hand he was dealt in terms of looks this lifetime.

Confederacy of Dunces anyone? I hated it, but it was written by a faggot, so I have to give it that.

by Anonymousreply 144March 4, 2023 12:11 AM

And I couldn't believe that none of them seemed to be familiar with Pinocchio (Jiminy Cricket) or even Frozen (Sven).

And I'm surprised not to read of any enthusiasm for handsome Avi. What an elegant young man.

by Anonymousreply 145March 4, 2023 12:34 AM

Can anyone remember a semi-finalist who can trounce Jackson? Looking forward to that.

by Anonymousreply 146March 4, 2023 12:34 AM

She-Them is a little too smug for me.

by Anonymousreply 147March 4, 2023 12:44 AM

[quote] Is Jackson a gay?

I believe that Jackson is the whole LGBTQ+ alphabet.

by Anonymousreply 148March 4, 2023 12:47 AM

Whatever work Jackson has to have done, I hope it includes doing something with those teeth.

I bought the book Confederacy of Dunces years ago because one of my closest friends said it was the best (and funniest) novel he ever read.

I still haven't cracked it open.

by Anonymousreply 149March 4, 2023 1:02 AM

Confederacy is an acquired taste that many never acquire.

by Anonymousreply 150March 4, 2023 2:04 AM

Confederacy of Dunces a book that one reads while young, and should never read again because it's a shallow mess, a literary video game. Other books in the category: The Magus. Wait, I think I just created a new category for Jeopardy!

by Anonymousreply 151March 4, 2023 2:20 AM

[quote]We all hate Jackson with every fiber of your being.

Obviously, there are things about him that are very off-putting. But I have to say, when he did that fake-out in Double Jeopardy, where he made everyone think he was about to say "Let's make it a true Daily Double" and then he bet only $200, I thought that was very funny, and so did Mayim and the audience. So let's give him a lot of credit for that.

by Anonymousreply 152March 4, 2023 2:59 AM

R152 = Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 153March 4, 2023 3:33 AM

FJ was hard. I've read some Tim O'Brien stories, but not any of his novels and I blanked. Good for Lucas for knowing that answer.

by Anonymousreply 154March 4, 2023 4:31 AM

And Jackson is balding! What does that even mean, hormone-wise?!!

by Anonymousreply 155March 4, 2023 8:31 AM

Jackson wants to be Allan Carr when he grows up.

by Anonymousreply 156March 4, 2023 2:33 PM

Jackson's boldly horizontal striped sweater showed intimations of Allan Carr's caftans.

by Anonymousreply 157March 4, 2023 2:37 PM

‘I’m gonna snowball Jackson…’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158March 6, 2023 12:36 PM

Thank goodness Justin had on a better outfit.

by Anonymousreply 159March 6, 2023 11:30 PM

I thought most of the questions tonight were relatively easy but all I could come up with was Booth for FJ. Even though the correct answer to the matrix question was database, I thought it was spreadsheet. I wonder if that would've been accepted.

by Anonymousreply 160March 6, 2023 11:32 PM

Justin is seriously cute, and I really love his deep, sexy voice. And in today's game, he was wearing a nice suit, a major improvement over his previous getup. But seriously, what's with that hair? Is there NO ONE to advise him to do something about that?

Also, he was really foolish with that Daily Double wager. I've always said that, especially if you're way ahead, it's unwise to wager a lot of money on a Daily Double, because other than Final Jeopardy, the Daily Doubles are the only cases where you have to wager BEFORE you see the clue. Why do some contestants not seem to understand this?

by Anonymousreply 161March 6, 2023 11:36 PM

Justin is cute.

by Anonymousreply 162March 6, 2023 11:36 PM

These whippersnappers didn’t know I Love Lucy?!

by Anonymousreply 163March 6, 2023 11:36 PM

R163: I can't believe none of them knew Grey's Anatomy.

by Anonymousreply 164March 6, 2023 11:40 PM

Justin looks like he should be appearing in a production of Spring Awakening.

by Anonymousreply 165March 6, 2023 11:41 PM

Justin and his deep voice and big dick energy really delivered. Can you imagine how much cuter he would be with a comb?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166March 6, 2023 11:49 PM

[quote]Justin and his deep voice and big dick energy really delivered. Can you imagine how much cuter he would be with a comb?

I know! Here's hoping that someone has a talk with him before his next appearance.

by Anonymousreply 167March 6, 2023 11:52 PM

In spite of the whining upthread, I'm not so sure that Justin's sex appeal isn't all about that hair, especially to old letches like us. Other than his deep voice, of course.

by Anonymousreply 168March 6, 2023 11:52 PM

I don't agree, R168. I think he has a very cute, handsome face, and also, his whole personality has a very palpable, low-key sex appeal. Even the way he speaks his responses.

by Anonymousreply 169March 6, 2023 11:55 PM

Who will hire Justin with that hair?

by Anonymousreply 170March 6, 2023 11:58 PM

I don't mean that Justin wouldn't be attractive without his floppy hair, but I do mean that I think he'd look like a twelve year old with a more conventional haircut. His features are so delicate and small and elfin. I think all that hair actually gives him some strength and sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 171March 7, 2023 12:05 AM

R164: I had no clue about Grey's Anatomy. However, I knew immediately that they were looking for Dr. Mudd. Brideshead? No, sorry. Vitameatavegamin being a Datalounge thing (cuz ... well ... Vivian Vance) I'd give them a pass for being two generations too young. I knew manifest, but I'm wondering whether the young lady of color would've known about the Green Book; geezer white guy here did.

On a shallow note, Justin needed to slap that barber viciously for such an unflattering cut.

by Anonymousreply 172March 7, 2023 12:05 AM

Justin will be the bottom to Lucas’s top.

by Anonymousreply 173March 7, 2023 12:06 AM

I completely agree, R169. He’s seriously adorable, and does have a very low-key sex appeal. I’m indifferent about the hair.

I was hoping that he would have known that Dr. Mudd was the answer to FJ — or heard me screaming it at him through the TV. But ultimately it didn’t matter.

I am concerned, however, that he may not be able to beat Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 174March 7, 2023 12:07 AM

R158: I saw what you did there!

by Anonymousreply 175March 7, 2023 12:08 AM

Is it just me, or did they keep ruling against the girl with the lisp? I thought she had a few answers that sounded correct, but they ruled her wrong.

by Anonymousreply 176March 7, 2023 12:52 AM

It was you, R176. I can’t remember the answer, but she definitely added an R to the word, making it more incorrect. She also said Kathleen Johnson instead of Katherine Johnson. If you give a first name, it has to be correct. If she had just said Johnson she would have been ruled correct.

by Anonymousreply 177March 7, 2023 2:01 AM

Yet when the cute boy last week said Register or Registrer for Registrar, he was deemed correct.

by Anonymousreply 178March 7, 2023 2:17 AM

I believe she answered either Thernberg or Ternberg instead of Thunberg (which apparently is pronounced with a silent h).

by Anonymousreply 179March 7, 2023 2:18 AM

You do have a point there, R178.

by Anonymousreply 180March 7, 2023 2:26 AM

The player coordinators tell you over and over not to give first names unless (1) you know it 100% for sure and you know how to pronounce it or (2) the host asks for it.

by Anonymousreply 181March 7, 2023 2:31 AM

I was glad Justin won because is voice is quite the aphrodisiac. If his economics career doesn't pan out, he could make a fortune reading erotic audiobooks.

I saw the old, historically inaccurate John Ford movie "The Prisoner of Shark Island," which is about Dr. Mudd, and remembered the pardon.

by Anonymousreply 182March 7, 2023 3:21 AM

Thindy Brady had a lisp.

by Anonymousreply 183March 7, 2023 3:53 AM

I was surprised they accepted “SpongeBob” for “SpongeBob SquarePants”

by Anonymousreply 184March 7, 2023 5:28 AM

R184 = Yeah. I caught that too. That was ANOTHER mistake the show made. When the show came back for FJ and Mayim said there was a score adjustment--I really thought the show had caught the Spongebob mistake. Nope.

by Anonymousreply 185March 7, 2023 6:36 AM

Regarding the SpongeBob thing -- I seem to remember that, back in the day, if a contestant gave only part of a correct answer, as here, the host would then say something like "more information [needed]." But it seems they don't do that anymore, and usually, if the contestant doesn't correctly complete the answer in the allotted time, they're ruled incorrect.

by Anonymousreply 186March 7, 2023 11:15 AM

Ken does ask for more information. Mayim is clueless.

by Anonymousreply 187March 7, 2023 2:32 PM

Caleb needs to dial it back. Far, far back. “I’m not going to try and do that accent. . . .”

And then he got it wrong. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 188March 7, 2023 11:37 PM

Woops. I jumped too early. The judges reversed their call. It was still a douche move.

by Anonymousreply 189March 7, 2023 11:39 PM

Caleb looks like a Buster Murdaugh cousin.

by Anonymousreply 190March 7, 2023 11:43 PM

Tomorrow!! DL Fave Justin versus DL Villain She/They/Maybe/Him Jackson!!...I have a feeling Jacksons odd appearance and snobby attitude is going to knock twinky Justin off his game..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191March 7, 2023 11:49 PM

So happy for tonight's result! Win it all!

by Anonymousreply 192March 7, 2023 11:52 PM

I really liked the cute Asian guy

by Anonymousreply 193March 7, 2023 11:59 PM

Very pleased that Maya won. I like her a great deal. I still want the adorable Justin to win the tournament overall and defeat the insufferable Jackson. But if Maya won that would be alright as well.

by Anonymousreply 194March 8, 2023 12:01 AM

I really liked Tim, but all three of them deserved to win if we want to be honest. Had no idea of final.

Caleb's sweater did him no favors. Tie with a crew neck = FAIL.

by Anonymousreply 195March 8, 2023 12:04 AM

How much did Timmy's PR pay for that Timmy question tonight? It reminded me of that forced White Lotus reference.

by Anonymousreply 196March 8, 2023 12:09 AM

I'm proud to say I guess FJ tonight. And spelled it correctly!

by Anonymousreply 197March 8, 2023 2:06 AM

Is York really the same thing as Yorkshire?

I was a little shocked by that judging but happy to be proved wrong.

by Anonymousreply 198March 8, 2023 2:07 AM

R198, you could have easily looked it up and learned that you are wrong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199March 8, 2023 2:27 AM

No idea of FJ.

by Anonymousreply 200March 8, 2023 2:30 AM

R200 You must be young. Any Jeopardy watcher over 40 would get Roget pretty easily. Like a $100 clue.

Was interesting that "you put an extra T in it" was said - I think more usually is there's a slight spelling error on FJ, but it's clear they knew the answer, it's not even mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 201March 8, 2023 2:50 AM

Ha! I'm an eldergay.

by Anonymousreply 202March 8, 2023 2:53 AM

“Shire means county, so Yorkshire is simply County of York, so York is a perfectly good answer. I knew they were going to overrule Mayim again. Tsk Tsk.

by Anonymousreply 203March 8, 2023 3:44 AM

I am over 40 and guessed Gazette. I missed quail too, but got dauphin. Exciting game.

by Anonymousreply 204March 8, 2023 4:03 AM

Can you imagine what the game would have been like if both Caleb and Jackson had made it to the Finals.

by Anonymousreply 205March 8, 2023 6:09 AM

R29 I think the problem might be is the Mayim is probably playing along with the players, so she's not looking at the answers until she's given herself a chance to think up an answer herself. And she takes too much time to look after the player makes an attempt. Sometimes, especially after a daily double they may have given a correct answer, and they are on tenderhooks because she hesitates a second or two (cause she thinking of her own answer then checking). But -- I could be wrong -- does anyone know if the answer (question) is on the same screen as she reading from? Regardless, she takes too much time saying if they are right or wrong.

by Anonymousreply 206March 8, 2023 6:31 AM

I think she’s waiting for a signal from the judges.

by Anonymousreply 207March 8, 2023 6:33 AM

R191 Nah, Justin goes to Brown. He should be fine, as there are all sorts of preppies, sexual identification, diversity, etc. He is very cute indeed. Caleb talked too much while answering clues, almost as much as becoming a male Mattea.

by Anonymousreply 208March 8, 2023 6:47 AM

[quote] they are on tenderhooks

It’s tenterhooks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209March 8, 2023 7:41 AM

Weird that the tournament ends on a Thursday.

by Anonymousreply 210March 8, 2023 8:46 AM

I'm 62 and didn't get Roget, R201. However, I knew dauphin.

by Anonymousreply 211March 8, 2023 12:31 PM

I guessed Bartlett.

If Roget’s name is pronounced as I believe (it’s a French name), “Rogett” should not have been accepted.

by Anonymousreply 212March 8, 2023 12:43 PM

Now that we have the 3 finalists, how many games do they play? Or does one contestant only have to win one game to be declared champ?

by Anonymousreply 213March 8, 2023 12:54 PM

I couldn’t come up with anything for FJ either and yes I’m under 40. Other than that, I thought the questions across both rounds were relatively easy.

by Anonymousreply 214March 8, 2023 12:58 PM

I made a wild guess at Roget but funny thing is, if I had thought of Bartlett, too, I would have written him instead of Roget.

I knew quail and dauphin, very surprised the contestants didn't.

by Anonymousreply 215March 8, 2023 1:07 PM

Ridiculous that college kids knew so little about Science.

by Anonymousreply 216March 8, 2023 1:49 PM

I have always assumed that the host sees the correct response on a screen in front of them, and that the correct response is visible to the host as soon as they start reading the clue. Does anyone think otherwise?

I didn't get Roget because the clue referred to something about "lists," and though I guess a thesaurus is a book of lists of synonyms (and antonyms), I've never really thought of it that way.

by Anonymousreply 217March 8, 2023 2:19 PM

[quote]Now that we have the 3 finalists, how many games do they play? Or does one contestant only have to win one game to be declared champ?

Final games are two days long. Winner is whoever has the cumulative highest score from both days. Mayim explained that at end of Tuesday's game.

Then, oddly, as r210 notes, we return to regular play on a Friday. Very, very strange. Also, Ken returns as host on Friday.

by Anonymousreply 218March 8, 2023 4:47 PM

great, cant wait for ken to return

by Anonymousreply 219March 8, 2023 5:01 PM

[quote]Final games are two days long. Winner is whoever has the cumulative highest score from both days. Mayim explained that at end of Tuesday's game. Then, oddly, as [R210] notes, we return to regular play on a Friday. Very, very strange. Also, Ken returns as host on Friday.

That is odd. I wonder why they didn't decide to make the finals three days long, to finish out the week? Maybe they think the fans wouldn't want to watch the same three players three days in a row? But as for me, I would be happy to watch (and listen to) Justin for many, many days in a row :-)

by Anonymousreply 220March 8, 2023 5:05 PM

Yes, but I don’t want to watch Jackson for two days better yet three. Unless a rogue chimp charges the stage and rips his face off mid shimmy.

by Anonymousreply 221March 8, 2023 9:21 PM

Perhaps the difference between the hosts is that Ken had a lot of experience as a contestant, while Mayim hasn't?

by Anonymousreply 222March 8, 2023 9:31 PM

What’s Deep Throat’s shiny necklace? It’s distracting me.

by Anonymousreply 223March 8, 2023 11:43 PM

You think Justin's hair is messed up now, wait until I'm done with him.

by Anonymousreply 224March 8, 2023 11:51 PM

R233, I would also like to know. He was so good in the bible category at first I thought it was a cross, but on closer inspection, it was not.

by Anonymousreply 225March 9, 2023 12:13 AM

How shallow is it that I want him to lose just because I can't stand the hair?

by Anonymousreply 226March 9, 2023 12:27 AM

Justin has wild & crazy hair.

Jackson has Lidia Bastianich hair.

by Anonymousreply 227March 9, 2023 1:05 AM

Jackson really does look like a young Amy Schneider.

by Anonymousreply 228March 9, 2023 1:20 AM

Did anyone notice the first look at all three finalists in the beginning of the match showed the scores at the end of this match.

Clearly an editing error, but I was disappointed because I figured these would be this match’s final scores, and I was right.

by Anonymousreply 229March 9, 2023 1:31 AM

Poor Jackson... Fat, Femme, Follicly challenged.

by Anonymousreply 230March 9, 2023 1:33 AM

Jackson needs a vicious slapping—You ain’t all that.

by Anonymousreply 231March 9, 2023 1:38 AM

Justin's sexy voice is doing things to me.

by Anonymousreply 232March 9, 2023 2:30 AM

They should fire Johnny Gilbert and make Justin the new announcer.

by Anonymousreply 233March 9, 2023 3:49 AM

Final seemed incredibly easy, but I've been to both Dovers before.

by Anonymousreply 234March 9, 2023 5:46 AM

Justin left out the key part about Brown's professor Josiah S.Carberry -- he's a crackpot professor because he's professor of... Psychoceramics (cracked pots).

by Anonymousreply 235March 9, 2023 5:56 AM

I guessed Portsmouth, NH, which was New Hampshire’s first capital as a colony. Portsmouth is also one of England’s biggest ports, and is located in the shire of Hampshire.

I can’t argue with Dover. I didn’t realize Dover, England was such a big port city now.

I really thought I knew the answer.

by Anonymousreply 236March 9, 2023 5:57 AM

All three of the opening chats were pretty forgettable. They might as well skip the small talk.

by Anonymousreply 237March 9, 2023 6:19 AM

Same as r236.

by Anonymousreply 238March 9, 2023 6:24 AM

Dover is busy enough to be worth avoiding if at all possible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239March 9, 2023 6:31 AM

I also guessed Portsmouth but couldn't decide if it was the capital of New Hampshire. But couldn't think of another capital anyway.

by Anonymousreply 240March 9, 2023 1:37 PM

The key was PASSENGER port. I'm pretty sure London is still the largest port in the UK by tonnage.

by Anonymousreply 241March 9, 2023 1:40 PM

The contrast between Justin's sexy voice and Jackson's squeaky whine couldn't be more pronounced.

Jackson sounds like he inhales helium before each response.

Justin's voice makes me want to sleep with him. Now.

Did anyone else notice how Jackson's eyebrows went up after Justin correctly answered "What are Sodom and Gomorrah"? Hmmm....

by Anonymousreply 242March 9, 2023 4:02 PM

r242, yeah, and Justin was a beast in that bible category. That boy grew up with some sort of religion.

by Anonymousreply 243March 9, 2023 10:38 PM

He won! He won!

by Anonymousreply 244March 9, 2023 11:28 PM

Jackson wants to slobber all over Justin’s dick.

by Anonymousreply 245March 9, 2023 11:35 PM

[quote] Jackson wants to slobber all over Justin’s dick.

Back of the line bitch. . . .

by Anonymousreply 246March 9, 2023 11:52 PM

Ha ha ha ha ha ha JacksonnLOST! Bye bitch. Go away and stay away.

by Anonymousreply 247March 10, 2023 12:00 AM

Thank goodness. That was the right result. He’s smart and adorable with a self-effacing demeanor and a hell of a great voice. DL looks forward to seeing him again in the TOC.

by Anonymousreply 248March 10, 2023 12:01 AM

Lol Mayim succumbing to her urges at the end and giving Justin a big hug.

by Anonymousreply 249March 10, 2023 12:14 AM

Ken will be back tomorrow and I can't remember the last winner.

by Anonymousreply 250March 10, 2023 12:29 AM

R249 Is that the first time since covid that the host has even approached the contestants for a handshake? But yeah, Mayim was all over Justin, such a cutie!

by Anonymousreply 251March 10, 2023 12:38 AM

Mayim wanted the Justin cock. Good for her!

by Anonymousreply 252March 10, 2023 1:27 AM

she wears the worst crap on tv and the clothes don't fit!

by Anonymousreply 253March 10, 2023 1:51 AM

She’s a conservative Jew(ess) and as such dresses very modestly. But yes, you can dress modestly while wearing fashionable apparel. Her clothes don’t bother me anywhere as much as her hesitation in saying whether an answer a contestant gives is right or not.

by Anonymousreply 254March 10, 2023 1:55 AM

He seemed genuinely surprised and humble that he won. FJ was super easy.

by Anonymousreply 255March 10, 2023 1:56 AM

I almost had the impression that Jackson threw the game to Justin tonight, in a hopeless state of unrequited love.

by Anonymousreply 256March 10, 2023 1:58 AM

So happy for Justin's win. I thought it would not be mathematically possible after Thursday's result. Jackson had an off day. Just in time.

I saw Lucas in the audience with the other tournament contestants; he still pops my button.

by Anonymousreply 257March 10, 2023 1:59 AM

The adult champ we will return to tomorrow night is that quasi-handsome dark blonde dude with the beard that looks like pubic hair.

by Anonymousreply 258March 10, 2023 2:00 AM

So, when do they do a ToC with college students?

I'll be very curious to see what Justin looks like even in a year's time. Cute as he is, I think his looks are still growing and changing. Not to mention his hair styles.

by Anonymousreply 259March 10, 2023 2:02 AM

I think the winner of the college tournament just goes into the ToC.

by Anonymousreply 260March 10, 2023 2:03 AM

So, Justin will playing against Cris Pannullo????

Be still my beating heart.

by Anonymousreply 261March 10, 2023 2:06 AM

Maya would’ve won if she’d wagered more. I can’t remember now, but I think Jackson wagered almost everything and came up just a few bucks short of the win. If Justin didn’t get Yorkshire after Jackson was ruled incorrect with York, Jackson would have had enough to beat him. Lucky guy.

by Anonymousreply 262March 10, 2023 2:16 AM

I wasn't feeling this tournament in the beginning but I ended up enjoying the last few games. I'm happy for Justin.

by Anonymousreply 263March 10, 2023 2:33 AM

You need to get some sleep R262.

A) Once Justin got FJ correct and bet what he did, Maya couldn’t win even if she bet everything due to her poor showing on Wednesday.

B) The Yorkshire response had no effect on the outcome of today’s game as that came on Tuesday, a game in which neither Jackson nor Justin appeared.

by Anonymousreply 264March 10, 2023 2:44 AM

A teenager with money? He is SOOOO my type-------DustinL from Los Angeles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265March 10, 2023 2:51 AM

But if Maya had bet all of her winnings today would she have at least come in second instead of third?

by Anonymousreply 266March 10, 2023 2:55 AM

No R266…not even close.

by Anonymousreply 267March 10, 2023 2:59 AM

The other players cheered most for Maya, then Justin, hardly at all for Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 268March 10, 2023 4:58 AM

Maya and Justin were both adorable. I would have been satisfied with either one of them winning.

by Anonymousreply 269March 10, 2023 4:59 AM

R269 = Yeah. Maya made an impressive comeback from yesterday. Justin and his weirdly hot voice was just adorable.

by Anonymousreply 270March 10, 2023 5:09 AM

Exciting final game, but FJ was too easy. I was surprised Jackson didn't get overture.

by Anonymousreply 271March 10, 2023 6:06 AM

impressive kids

now I'm ready for the adults to return

by Anonymousreply 272March 10, 2023 7:21 AM

[quote] I was surprised Jackson didn't get overture.

Same. I was certain that he must have known “overture.” It seemed like such an easy question. He’s in danger of them revoking his LGBTQIA+ card at Vanderbilt.

by Anonymousreply 273March 10, 2023 2:15 PM

Did anyone else notice that Miss Jackson botched his "true daily double" by guessing, "What is the liver?" in the category "one-syllable body parts"?

Also, that gay-stripe-y sweater is beyond redundant. But I'm guessing he would give the sweater off his back for a date with stud winner Justin!

by Anonymousreply 274March 10, 2023 4:09 PM

...and the announcer saying brightly, "...and KEN JENNINGS returns tomorrow!" Hee. Made it sound like such a plus! Perhaps it is (but I think Miyam's at least adequate).

by Anonymousreply 275March 10, 2023 4:26 PM

As much as I was opposed to this High School Reunion tournament at first, the semi-finals and finals were exciting. Mostly because I was rooting so hard for Justin to win and Jackson to be defeated (YEAH to both happening!!).

That said, three weeks is way, way too long for a tournament to go on. If this returns, it should be a two-week tournament as has been the Jeopardy standard for decades.

And ending the tournament on a Thursday?!?!?! WTF. Tournaments end on a Friday and the regular play begins again the following Monday.

Jackson seemed to be waving his rainbow flag loud and proud via that sweater. Interestingly enough, he didn't seem as smug in Thursday's game as he did in all his other games.

Overture was incredibly easy. And I don't think they've ever had an easier Final than this Eiffel Tower one.

by Anonymousreply 276March 10, 2023 4:37 PM

Why do we forgive Justin’s upspeak?

by Anonymousreply 277March 10, 2023 5:00 PM

R277, deep voice, big cock.

by Anonymousreply 278March 10, 2023 5:07 PM

[quote]Why do we forgive Justin’s upspeak?

If you're cute, anything is forgivable.

If you're fugly, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 279March 10, 2023 5:13 PM

I can't figure his haircut.

by Anonymousreply 280March 10, 2023 6:28 PM

R254, mayim's delay to any answer but especially correct ones, drives me nuts. If the answer is correct, what exactly is the holdup?

by Anonymousreply 281March 10, 2023 6:35 PM

[quote]Why do we forgive Justin’s upspeak?

First of all, I think it's completely understandable if any contestant uses upspeak in their responses during the game, since after all, the responses are questions. All the more so if the contestant is unsure that his or her response is correct. But anyway, it seems to me that most of Justin's responses were the opposite of upspeak. Or are you referring to his speech during the interview segment?

by Anonymousreply 282March 10, 2023 6:39 PM

Yes, to his speech about his sister.

by Anonymousreply 283March 10, 2023 6:49 PM

R281 I think Mayim is playing along with the contestants as she reads the clues, and guesses silently to herself, then checks the correct answer (question), which does takes too long.

by Anonymousreply 284March 10, 2023 7:19 PM

Mayim’s pauses could be edited out. Maybe the producers hate her.

by Anonymousreply 285March 10, 2023 7:21 PM

Alex always spent his morning reading the clues outloud prior to taping. That way, he could work on any mispronunciations before taping.

As far as I know, Alex also read over the answers too so he wouldn't be thrown off by responses that were far astray.

He would also confer with the writers about wording of clues and possible confusion, if necessary.

I would think the producers would insist Ken and Mayim follow the same protocol now that they're hosts.

by Anonymousreply 286March 10, 2023 7:26 PM

[quote] Why do we forgive Justin’s upspeak?

Because he’s cute and adorable and can get away with a lot. A whole lot. 🤷‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 287March 10, 2023 7:36 PM

Jackson acted gay. Was it just me who thought that?

by Anonymousreply 288March 10, 2023 7:50 PM

We all agree he acted something.

by Anonymousreply 289March 10, 2023 8:03 PM

Justin’s meager Insta. He’s dancing with pearls and nail polish in one photo in the last post before Jeopardy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290March 10, 2023 8:10 PM

That’s not Justin, R290. That appears to be his friend . 🙄

by Anonymousreply 291March 10, 2023 8:22 PM

R277: Leave Justin ALONE!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 292March 10, 2023 9:18 PM

It is Justin.

by Anonymousreply 293March 10, 2023 9:52 PM

R290 (and R293) - isn't Justin the one in the middle?

by Anonymousreply 294March 10, 2023 10:31 PM

R293 is either stupid, blind or a belligerent ass.

by Anonymousreply 295March 10, 2023 10:37 PM

I’m talking about different pic. In the set between the two sets with Mayim.

by Anonymousreply 296March 10, 2023 10:38 PM

I am the stupid bitch, R296. I finally saw the pic you were talking about and yes, that’s Justin. And yes, he has pearls and white nail polish.

AND he wears his huge cross in almost every pic, Boner killer.

by Anonymousreply 297March 10, 2023 10:52 PM

The spread collar shirt was a bit distracting, but overall I thought Stephen made a nice appearance.

I guessed William the Conqueror as well. Anyone else get Burundi, too?

by Anonymousreply 298March 11, 2023 12:38 AM

I failed FJ. The show moves more smoothly when Ken is the host, glad he's back.

by Anonymousreply 299March 11, 2023 12:45 AM

I’d jerk Nick off.

by Anonymousreply 300March 11, 2023 1:07 AM

Really great game today. I liked Jannette, but Stephen was really dominant. I swept the future Oscar winner category. I'm surprised no one recognized Frances McDormand - she looks exactly the same. Had no idea on Final.

by Anonymousreply 301March 11, 2023 2:34 AM

I guessed Charles II too. Not so glorious.

by Anonymousreply 302March 11, 2023 3:33 AM

Another for Charles II. Also thought of Bonnie Prince Charlie (The Young Pretender).

by Anonymousreply 303March 11, 2023 5:01 AM

I thought FJ was the Braveheart guy. whatever his real name was.

by Anonymousreply 304March 11, 2023 12:29 PM

I'm always amazed that so many contestants know a lot about the bible. It's my worst category.

by Anonymousreply 305March 12, 2023 12:08 AM

Bible is better for me than popular culture, but there's a lot I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 306March 12, 2023 1:50 PM

I miss Justin.

by Anonymousreply 307March 12, 2023 5:56 PM

What exactly was a Jackson Jones ? After watching JJ on TV for the past three weeks, I still don't know.

by Anonymousreply 308March 12, 2023 6:03 PM

WIFE??? Pings like an air raid siren. Ginsberg's Howl. If he's str8, then I honestly feel sorry for him.

Shame on them for not knowing that Dukakis was the governor of Massachusetts! Somehow I get the feeling it may be more of a gay thing, so I'm assuming most of you knew about ABSOLUT-ism?

by Anonymousreply 309March 14, 2023 12:04 AM

Did not like Roy at all.

by Anonymousreply 310March 14, 2023 12:06 AM

Well, Karen was terrible. And she had resting beyotch face.

by Anonymousreply 311March 14, 2023 12:57 AM

Wasn't this the first mention of his wife?

by Anonymousreply 312March 14, 2023 1:01 AM

No reason young people should know anything of Dukakis other than he lost bigly.

by Anonymousreply 313March 14, 2023 1:13 AM

R313, Jeopardy contestants should absolutely know about Presidential elections, even the ones that came before them.

by Anonymousreply 314March 14, 2023 1:33 AM

We haven't seen the last of Justin. He WILL be president someday!!

by Anonymousreply 315March 14, 2023 3:22 AM

Yes, I quickly guessed absolutism, even though I gave up vodka years ago.

Does getting Sam Houston make up for missing Dukakis? I give Roy credit for risking everything twice: you have to take advantage of the Daily Doubles when you're up against a player of Stephen's caliber.

by Anonymousreply 316March 14, 2023 4:11 AM

“Grocery Specialist?”

Stock boy? Cashier? Instacart shopper?

by Anonymousreply 317March 14, 2023 5:03 AM

R310, Seriously? I found Roy quite attractive.

by Anonymousreply 318March 14, 2023 6:02 AM

R313, Dukakis lost in 1988, not 1888.

by Anonymousreply 319March 14, 2023 6:03 AM

I hope they bring Roy back for those second chances matches. He deserves that.

by Anonymousreply 320March 14, 2023 1:08 PM

I can't imagine Roy being back for a second chance if there were one because his final score was too low, and more importantly, he bombed on FJ.

All of last season's second chance contestants were players who finished their game with a great score - like say $25,000 or even more - and got FJ, but were up against one of the three powerhouse champs (Matt, Amy, Mattea) who left them in the dust.

In comparison, Roy gambled big on FJ and got the answer wrong and had a final score of around $17K.

Bye, Roy, nice to know you.

by Anonymousreply 321March 14, 2023 7:53 PM

I think if I were ever on Jeopardy I'd be tempted to bet big like Roy, which really worked for him, until it didn't.

by Anonymousreply 322March 14, 2023 8:57 PM

As I've said before: It seems to me that, unless a contestant is way behind in the latter part of the match, that contestant should NOT bet a large amount of money on a Daily Double, because the Daily Doubles and Final Jeopardy are the only times in the game when you are required to wager BEFORE you see the clue. Of course, there are other variables, including how knowledgeable you are in a particular category. But generally speaking, I think I would only bet a small amount of money on the DJs unless, as I said, I was way behind towards the end of the game and/or the category was one where I think I'm pretty much an expert -- for example, Broadway Musicals or The Films of Judy Garland :-)

by Anonymousreply 323March 14, 2023 9:13 PM

R322, Be sure to watch tonight’s show.

by Anonymousreply 324March 14, 2023 9:34 PM

R324, what do you mean by that?

by Anonymousreply 325March 14, 2023 9:45 PM

R325, Watch and you’ll understand.

by Anonymousreply 326March 14, 2023 10:22 PM

Nope, R326. I have no clue what you’re talking about. Unless it’s the all in DD by Long. But that’s not unique. Absolutely nothing about this episode screams watch me. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 327March 14, 2023 10:39 PM

I've asked this before: It is now around 6:30 pm on the East Coast of the U.S., and it was even earlier R324/326 first posted, so how can this person have already seen tonight's Jeopardy! game? Does the show air earlier in Europe???? Or is this person someone who has sort of special, early access?

by Anonymousreply 328March 14, 2023 10:40 PM

It’s on at 3:30 in Chicago, R328. It’s a syndicated program and airs at different times in different markets, 🙄

by Anonymousreply 329March 14, 2023 10:50 PM

Jeopardy! airs as early as 11:30 AM in Houston, TX.

by Anonymousreply 330March 14, 2023 11:16 PM

I’m in Houston and the program airs at 11:30a.m CDT.

by Anonymousreply 331March 14, 2023 11:41 PM

I knew FJ had to be either Mongolia or Kazakhstan and at the very last second decided it must be Mongolia because of the name of empire. Kazakhstan was a good response though, and it was a part of the Mongol Empire.

Go Steve! I'd forgotten how hot he is, if you like nerdy guys. He looks tall and lanky, too. The beard really needs trimming, though. So many men now have these bushy, frizzy beards. I can't wait for fad to die out. Where is Peter the Great when we need him?

by Anonymousreply 332March 15, 2023 1:06 AM

I don't mind the beard, but the gay voice I find distracting.

by Anonymousreply 333March 15, 2023 1:11 AM

I felt sorry for her and her six legs.

by Anonymousreply 334March 15, 2023 1:15 AM

I think the way Steve's beard is trimmed at the ends, or rather NOT trimmed at the ends, is really ugly. I'm guessing he would look far more attractive if it was a trim beard or if he was clean shaven.

by Anonymousreply 335March 15, 2023 1:16 AM

Thanks for the responses above. I know Jeopardy! airs at different times in different markets, but I thought it was always in the evening, and I thought 7pm EST was the earliest.

by Anonymousreply 336March 15, 2023 1:17 AM

You think Steve has gayvoice? I don't think so. He's a young, educated guy. Most of them talk like this. "Millennial or gay?" is a real thing.

by Anonymousreply 337March 15, 2023 1:17 AM

Long was so fast on the scrambled clues that I was sure he would get Monroe Doctrine; it was the only one I got in that category.

by Anonymousreply 338March 15, 2023 4:36 AM

Damn Long, that really sucked. He was on quite a roll there until that Monroe Doctrine clue. At least he had enough to compete in FINAL.

by Anonymousreply 339March 15, 2023 6:21 AM

Poor Long. That was truly tragic to watch.

by Anonymousreply 340March 15, 2023 2:11 PM

Doesn't Steve have an inordinately small amount of money after winning so many games? I think he's not even up to $150,000 yet.

by Anonymousreply 341March 15, 2023 2:13 PM

It's enough to get me to Lisbon!

by Anonymousreply 342March 15, 2023 2:32 PM

[quote]Poor Long. That was truly tragic to watch.

Further support of my theory that you should almost never bet lots of money, let alone EVERYTHING YOU HAVE, on a Daily Double, because you have to wager BEFORE you see the clue.

by Anonymousreply 343March 15, 2023 3:29 PM

R343, Of course you have to wager BEFORE you see the clue.

If you’re so behind that the only way you have a chance of possibly winning is to wager a large amount, THEN YOU WAGER A LARGE AMOUNT.

by Anonymousreply 344March 15, 2023 3:35 PM

Other variables that should determine size of DD bet: 1) is it a category you are strong in 2) where on the board is the clue (top of board - easy; bottom of board - hard) 3) how far are you behind.

by Anonymousreply 345March 15, 2023 3:48 PM

I read a lot and always have, but had no idea that HOWL was the correct response.

by Anonymousreply 346March 15, 2023 3:59 PM

R346, It would help if you were gay or knowledgeable about gay literature.

by Anonymousreply 347March 15, 2023 4:56 PM

I take it most of us got Monroe Doctrine as he failed?

by Anonymousreply 348March 15, 2023 6:22 PM

[quote] If you’re so behind that the only way you have a chance of possibly winning is to wager a large amount, THEN YOU WAGER A LARGE AMOUNT.

Yes, as I've said myself. But many contestants have waged large amounts, sometimes ALL of their money, even when the scenario you mention did not apply.

[quote]Other variables that should determine size of DD bet: 1) is it a category you are strong in 2) where on the board is the clue (top of board - easy; bottom of board - hard) 3) how far are you behind.

True, all of that has to be taken into account. But generally speaking, I think too many contestants wager too much money on the Daily Doubles, considering that you have to wager before you see the clue, which is not the case at any other time in the game except for Final Jeopardy.

by Anonymousreply 349March 15, 2023 6:38 PM

The only time you wager any money is on the Daily Doubles and Final.

The rest of the time the dollar amount is set. No wagering involved. When you ring in, you know exactly how much you will win or lose.

by Anonymousreply 350March 15, 2023 6:43 PM

Yes, R350, I have been watching Jeopardy! since the 1960s, when Art Fleming was host, so I know how the show works. I think I've made it clear why I think one should avoid wagering lots of money on a Daily Double except under special circumstances, including if one is so far behind that one would have no chance of catching up without betting big. If you disagree, that's fine.

by Anonymousreply 351March 15, 2023 7:03 PM

I disagree.

by Anonymousreply 352March 15, 2023 7:14 PM

Except in Long's case, he was blazing through that anagram category, getting every single one of them right, and seemingly without hesitation. So it doesn't surprise me that he bet it all on the DD in that anagram category. I wonder if the pressure simply blindsided him? Obviously, it didn't work out for him but I admire his gumption (sorry, just can't say balls about Long) anyway.

by Anonymousreply 353March 15, 2023 8:17 PM

It’s puzzling why people who clearly don’t understand the game at all are on this thread yammering the loudest, 🙄

by Anonymousreply 354March 15, 2023 9:45 PM

What father would allow his children to call him “Poo Poo Pants”?

Wild guess at FJ for me, but it was correct.

by Anonymousreply 355March 15, 2023 11:28 PM

What father would let the world know he was called poo poo pants?

by Anonymousreply 356March 16, 2023 12:02 AM

I have Tahitian Black Pearl cufflinks, hunnay!

by Anonymousreply 357March 16, 2023 12:15 AM

I got FJ! It was tough until I remembered the Queen’s name was Dutch.

by Anonymousreply 358March 16, 2023 2:42 AM

[quote]Except in Long's case, he was blazing through that anagram category, getting every single one of them right, and seemingly without hesitation. So it doesn't surprise me that he bet it all on the DD in that anagram category.

True, BUT for all of the other clues, he didn't have to ring in until he thought he knew the answer. Also, he was able to read each clue BEFORE he rang in. And ALSO, he obviously didn't have ALL of his money riding on any of the other clues, because he wasn't allowed to bet anything more than the dollar amount of each particular clue. Some people here may think I don't understand how the game works, but I think people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

by Anonymousreply 359March 16, 2023 3:34 AM

Don’t take this personally, R359, but you might be certifiable.

by Anonymousreply 360March 16, 2023 3:55 AM

Chicago was kind of a gimme.

by Anonymousreply 361March 16, 2023 3:59 AM

Yeah, R353, I admired Long's gumption too. It was a bold move that didn't pay off but I respect that he went for it. I would have done the same in his shoes.

by Anonymousreply 362March 16, 2023 9:35 AM

A) Andrew owes the producers $1,000 after that performance

B) I’ve said it a million times. Why are women such poor at wagering in this game????

by Anonymousreply 363March 16, 2023 9:22 PM

Also, why me talk so bad?

by Anonymousreply 364March 16, 2023 9:22 PM

Anyone who knows anything about art would have known it was Rembrandt. An art museum (not a gallery but a museum) in 1898 would not have had a big exhibit of a contemporary artist. And Rembrandt was (and arguably still is) certainly the biggest name in Dutch painting until van Gogh was rediscovered many years later.

by Anonymousreply 365March 16, 2023 10:36 PM

Was the East German Trabant really that obscure?

by Anonymousreply 366March 16, 2023 10:50 PM

Hopefully, Andrew did not tell many family members and friends that he was going to be on Jeopardy!.

by Anonymousreply 367March 16, 2023 11:36 PM

Andrew was quite adorable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368March 16, 2023 11:44 PM

Agreed, but too bad he didn't know much.

Got the Canadian Prime Ministers, as well as Orcas and Padre islands. Missed the "hiding in plain sight" final question.

by Anonymousreply 369March 17, 2023 12:05 AM

R368, Too feminine, unattractive beard and how about a shirt with a collar that fits?

by Anonymousreply 370March 17, 2023 12:10 AM

It must be humiliating to stand there as the show melts away.

by Anonymousreply 371March 17, 2023 12:50 AM

All that was missing that were the strings to hold him up.

by Anonymousreply 372March 17, 2023 12:53 AM

Most of the country missed out because of March Madness.

by Anonymousreply 373March 17, 2023 1:38 AM

R373, YouTube is your friend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374March 17, 2023 1:53 AM

Was coming here to say that, R373.

No Jeopardy for us.

Did the guy win again?

by Anonymousreply 375March 17, 2023 2:31 AM

I had “Orca” and “San Padre”.

No cigar.

by Anonymousreply 376March 17, 2023 2:31 AM

I loved Raiders when it was released, but for some reason guessed The Untouchables.

by Anonymousreply 377March 17, 2023 4:04 AM

R377 = I also thought of The Untouchables. But then realized at the last second it was Raiders.

by Anonymousreply 378March 17, 2023 4:06 AM

I never found Ray Romano funny, but I have to say he looked pretty good reading that MTM clue. He just turned 65, but you'd never know it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379March 17, 2023 5:58 AM

Poor Andrew. Cute but camera nerves got the best of him.

I also figured Final was The Untouchables.

by Anonymousreply 380March 17, 2023 6:00 AM

Damn, what was the final jeopardy question?

I didn’t get the show at all. 😢

by Anonymousreply 381March 17, 2023 6:20 AM

You can watch it on YouTube

by Anonymousreply 382March 17, 2023 6:34 AM

A writer & producer of this movie said he wanted it to be like a Western or James Bond film, “only it takes place in the ’30s”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383March 17, 2023 6:41 AM

I got as far as Indiana Jones, but then figured it was Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. I forgot all about Raiders ..., even though it came first.

by Anonymousreply 384March 17, 2023 8:25 AM

R384, 1981.

by Anonymousreply 385March 17, 2023 8:28 AM

When i was a kid in the 1980s we were too poor to go to the movies. Also my parents would never spend booze money on something so trivial.

by Anonymousreply 386March 17, 2023 8:38 AM

Ken really needs to get some suits that fit him. Every day I wait for his jacket button to pop in the middle of the game.

by Anonymousreply 387March 17, 2023 11:53 AM

Yet another vote for The Untouchables!

The woman contestant was strong. I thought for awhile that she would defeat the champ.

by Anonymousreply 388March 17, 2023 1:32 PM

She should have won, R388. She wagered poorly in FJ.

by Anonymousreply 389March 17, 2023 1:41 PM

Gracias, R383.

I probably would have gotten that. 😬

by Anonymousreply 390March 17, 2023 4:59 PM

R390

by Anonymousreply 391March 17, 2023 6:07 PM

Yeah, what did that lady have to lose, really, by not betting it all yesterday? She was already guaranteed to come in second, at least, because of the marionette's disqualification. Coward!

by Anonymousreply 392March 17, 2023 10:15 PM

WTF are you even talking about R392??? Why should she bet it all? And BTW, she pretty much did. When you’re that close in second place and third place isn’t even on the stage, you bet just enough to cover the current total of first place. If he gets FJ right, you’re not going to win anyway. But he does have to bet a considerable amount. Meaning if neither gets it right, you win, 🙄🙄🙄🙄

The woman today played it right.

by Anonymousreply 393March 17, 2023 10:25 PM

I got “Raiders of the Lost Ark” immediately but I have also been thinking a lot about the Indians Jones films this week after Ke Huy Quan (Short Round in “Temple”) won the Oscar last Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 394March 17, 2023 10:25 PM

*Indiana Jones

by Anonymousreply 395March 17, 2023 10:27 PM

I’m tired of Stephen.

by Anonymousreply 396March 17, 2023 11:44 PM

Yay!!! Glad that Kelly won. I like her. She’s low-key and smart. And, I was already tired of Stephen.

by Anonymousreply 397March 18, 2023 12:02 AM

Well, I didn't see that happening. FJ = I had no idea what state. I said Minnesota.

by Anonymousreply 398March 18, 2023 12:02 AM

I like the new champ, too.

by Anonymousreply 399March 18, 2023 12:13 AM

Stephen was even faggier tonight. Seriously think his wife might peg him.

by Anonymousreply 400March 18, 2023 12:54 AM

I said Utah because I thought the insistence on bringing the women might be from the Mormons!

by Anonymousreply 401March 18, 2023 1:30 AM

I figured it was Wyoming because they had elected the first female governor.

by Anonymousreply 402March 18, 2023 2:06 AM

Yeah, Wyoming was very easy. Unlike the rest of the episode. Damn I felt stupid,

by Anonymousreply 403March 18, 2023 2:46 AM

Stephen guessed too many clues incorrectly to win the game. He became more desperate as the game went on. Why do you guess at high-dollar clues???

by Anonymousreply 404March 18, 2023 3:49 AM

??? R404. No, he missed FJ. Seriously is somebody just trolling this thread for fun??

by Anonymousreply 405March 18, 2023 3:53 AM

I guessed Utah too. Kelly is smart and pretty likable. Mark's coincidental "great wall" anecdote then answer was funny, but the landlocked "Northampton" guess on his third Daily Double was a groaner.

by Anonymousreply 406March 18, 2023 4:09 AM

I was astounded that Mark hemmed and hawed over his last DD and came up with Northampton. The Titanic set sail from the port in Southampton. Surely he’s heard that once or several hundred times.

by Anonymousreply 407March 18, 2023 4:22 AM

Does Stephen really post on Reddit? wtf?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408March 18, 2023 5:55 AM

I read this linked article a few hours after watching Jeopardy. Talk about societal regression.

"Congress relented in 1890 after this prospective state said it would wait 100 years rather than come in without the women."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409March 18, 2023 6:24 AM

Yeah Kelly! I really liked her and was tiring of Stephen.

Final was easy for me. I immediately knew it was Wyoming. I'd recently read an article that mentioned the state gave women the vote first.

by Anonymousreply 410March 18, 2023 11:19 PM

Yay Prof won

by Anonymousreply 411March 21, 2023 12:14 AM

I liked Kelly, but she was no match for those two. Better the prof than Big Jake, who I easily suspect is a Rethug — I mean, a football coach from rural Alabama who met Chuck Norris at a “political event.” 🙄

by Anonymousreply 412March 21, 2023 12:36 AM

I really liked Big Jake and don't give a shit about his politics. He was huge but sexy. The accent alone would have been nice to listen to for a while.

The prof is OK, but Ken should never have accepted "Pliny" as the to DJ. The only correct answer was Pliny the Younger. In fact, that was pretty much the point of the question. At best, he should have said "we need more" and given her a chance to add "... the Younger". Also, she mispronounced Pliny, which is hard for me to forgive in a college professor.

Pliny the Elder's death at Vesuvius is famous. It's not like this was such an obscure question that the contestant deserved a break.

by Anonymousreply 413March 21, 2023 1:16 AM

Professor Melissa’s hair looked tragic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414March 21, 2023 1:40 AM

Melissa reminded me of who I imagined cast as Eleanor Oliphant in the book “Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine.”

by Anonymousreply 415March 21, 2023 1:48 AM

I totally dismissed Prof Laura as a limp nerd who wouldn't go far. I bet all of you did.

And how do YOU pronounce Pliny, r413? Don't Ken and Mayim usually correct a mispronunciation with the win?

by Anonymousreply 416March 21, 2023 2:05 AM

R416 I totally don't understand when pronunciation disqualifies an answer... because sometimes it does. I guess if the correct spelling could not possibly be pronounced... Pliny could be read (incorrectly) as Pl-eye-knee.... but if she'd said Planny it would have been ruled incorrect.

Melissa was a little...um... tightly wound? But she played well.

by Anonymousreply 417March 21, 2023 2:28 AM

Did anyone hear her say "Ewan Gregor"? I was certain I heard that.

by Anonymousreply 418March 21, 2023 2:48 AM

I heard that, too. r418.

by Anonymousreply 419March 21, 2023 2:57 AM

Great game. One of the best we've had lately. I liked all three contestants.

Yes, Melissa took me by surprise. Wasn't expecting her to do nearly so well. But at the same time, I was expecting Kelly to do much better.

Final seemed incredibly easy. And it was given that all three knew it.

by Anonymousreply 420March 21, 2023 7:26 AM

R416, Pliny (Elder or Younger) is pronounced "PLIH-nee", as thought it were spelled "plinny". Some scholars apparently say "plee-nee", which I suppose is meant to sound more Latin.

Melissa pronounced it as "PLINE-ee", like thigh-knee. I don't think contestants should be disqualified for mispronunciation, but she should have been required to specify which Pliny she meant or be ruled wrong.

I think Ken did correct the pronunciation when he repeated the answer as "Pliny the Younger", which is the answer he should have required from the contestant, since there are two famous Plinys.

by Anonymousreply 421March 21, 2023 9:55 AM

The clue specified it was the Younger since the Older was killed.

by Anonymousreply 422March 21, 2023 12:07 PM

Is that true? Does anyone have the exact wording of the clue because I don’t recall anything about “Elder/Older” or “Younger” being in it.

by Anonymousreply 423March 21, 2023 1:21 PM

Nobody names their kids Pliny any more.

by Anonymousreply 424March 21, 2023 1:32 PM

In a letter to Tacitus, this man wrote of his elder uncle's death at Vesuvius from "some gross and noxious vapor"

by Anonymousreply 425March 21, 2023 4:51 PM

It even included the word “elder” when it was unnecessary since he was writing about his uncle.

by Anonymousreply 426March 21, 2023 4:52 PM

Thanks, R425.

by Anonymousreply 427March 21, 2023 5:05 PM

I care about fatso's politics. Chuck Norris campaigned against the Boy Scouts allowing gays and supported Roy Moore who tried to prevent gays from marrying in Alabama. Fuck this guy. Glad he lost.

by Anonymousreply 428March 21, 2023 6:01 PM

R428, But . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429March 21, 2023 7:15 PM

Yeah, I cringed a bit when Jake mentioned having gone to a political event - and then stopped himself from saying who the speaker was before then mentioning having seen Chuck Norris there too.

I'm amused at some posters mentioning they found Jake attractive.

My first thought when he was announced was to think, "Wow! What a tiny head for such a huge body!"

He looked like a character from a comic strip.

by Anonymousreply 430March 21, 2023 8:21 PM

Agreed, he lost me at Chuck Norris.

by Anonymousreply 431March 21, 2023 9:48 PM

I am trying to get beyond tribalism (I am pretty far left, and Trump/MAGA Chistian nationalism has occupied a lot of my psychic space the last seven years). I quit Twitter, I resist watching cable news more than an hour a day, I have spiritual practices which are more deeply effective when I let go of my disgust with bigotry AND bigots.

I heard the Chuck Norris and the accent... and I knew what team he played for.... and consciously I watched him, remarking mentally at how sharp and knowledgeable he was, and how polite he seemed. Nice guy, I wish him well.

Jeopardy.... part of my practice now.

by Anonymousreply 432March 21, 2023 10:25 PM

Oh good. Today we have the leader of a marching band and a complete moron. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 433March 21, 2023 10:50 PM

Why is Charlotte wearing a Sgt Pepper jacket?

by Anonymousreply 434March 21, 2023 11:42 PM

I thought the same thing about the Sgt. Pepper jacket.

Plus, she had a really severe look on her face most of the time.

Apparently, she doesn't get high with a little help from her friends.

by Anonymousreply 435March 22, 2023 1:09 AM

What’s a corn horn?

by Anonymousreply 436March 22, 2023 2:13 AM

R434, Maybe that’s what letter carriers wear in Albany.

by Anonymousreply 437March 22, 2023 4:19 AM

FJ was so hard. I guessed Jerusalem, hoping to cover a lot of bases...

by Anonymousreply 438March 22, 2023 5:33 AM

Ken & Melissa's chatting about mispronunciation at the start seemed like a band-aid over yesterday's PLINEy...

by Anonymousreply 439March 22, 2023 6:36 AM

I kind of love Laura’s droll, deadpan energy. She was really good yesterday. I also don’t think we’ve had a multi-winning female competitor in a while.

by Anonymousreply 440March 22, 2023 6:43 PM

Apparently Karen went to the Cliff Calvin school of wagering. What a fucking arrogant moron.

by Anonymousreply 441March 22, 2023 10:33 PM

Clavin…stupid autocorrect

by Anonymousreply 442March 22, 2023 11:25 PM

The woman in the middle?? What a greedy idiot! And Hans Holbein was one of the easiest Hanses, too.

by Anonymousreply 443March 22, 2023 11:33 PM

She really fucked up on her wagering. I expecting more from our plucky vet.

by Anonymousreply 444March 22, 2023 11:58 PM

A nerdy guy in specs and a suit ... I was busy drooling to pay much attention. Missed final, but knew that Francophone Belgium = Wallonia. I'm fine with the outcome.

by Anonymousreply 445March 23, 2023 12:04 AM

I had no idea about this one:

[quote] This artist the Younger was working on yet another portrait of Henry VIII when he died in 1543.

…so I would have answered Pliny in tribute to the pronunciation controversy of earlier this week.

by Anonymousreply 446March 23, 2023 12:18 AM

Yay prof won. I was scared for her there for a min

by Anonymousreply 447March 23, 2023 1:00 AM

I guess the bitch thought she knew her Hanses.

by Anonymousreply 448March 23, 2023 4:37 AM

Waging $10,000 with that lead, and knowing there were no more Daily Doubles available to her opponents, was wacky. And Hunter S. Thompson was still a babe in the Kentucky woods during World War II.

by Anonymousreply 449March 23, 2023 5:36 AM

This is an example of why Bill Maher hates the idea of colleges.

by Anonymousreply 450March 23, 2023 2:36 PM

R450 Anti-woke rot tries to stretch into a Jeopardy thread.

by Anonymousreply 451March 23, 2023 3:17 PM

Karen was hell-bent on steamrolling the other two contestants and earning herself an impressive amount, but greed did her in.

by Anonymousreply 452March 23, 2023 3:29 PM

Very up and down game tonight! I just have a feeling ****SPOILER ALERT**** that the new champ will be a controversial figure here at the DL.

by Anonymousreply 453March 23, 2023 11:59 PM

My first FJ win this week. I thought they would all get that one.

by Anonymousreply 454March 24, 2023 12:01 AM

Bye Prof, you had a so so good run

by Anonymousreply 455March 24, 2023 12:32 AM

I was in the dark and guessed The Shadow. And I missed feng shui too. The Laugh-In clue made me think that actress-bouncer Daisy might be able to play Joanne Worley in a biopic.

by Anonymousreply 456March 24, 2023 2:56 AM

More Karen bashing . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457March 24, 2023 8:45 PM

R457, she tried to get ahead of the bashing by tweeting first and pretending to be self deprecating. It didn’t work. Stupid bitch tweeted “who’s Cliff Clavin” and seemed to mock older people.

by Anonymousreply 458March 24, 2023 8:53 PM

I just tried to find Karen's game through Google and YouTube, and it's the one recent game I cannot find. Conspiracy?

by Anonymousreply 459March 24, 2023 8:57 PM

Knew final right away. Surprised they missed Lookout Mountain, Tony Hillerman, and hobnob.

by Anonymousreply 460March 25, 2023 12:04 AM

That was quite the surprising comeback by Tamara.

FJ seemed so obvious.

Okay, how many would like Michael deep inside them?

He definitely had a James Brolin vibe going on.

by Anonymousreply 461March 25, 2023 12:11 AM

How easy was that FJ ??

by Anonymousreply 462March 25, 2023 12:24 AM

Tamara seems like she’d be fun to pal around with. However, she’s exhausting playing Jeopardy. Too many histrionics. In recent years, a decent set of contestants will often fly through those boards and rarely leave any clues unexposed. I blame Tamara’s extra hemming, hawing, and commentary for leaving several clues up there.

by Anonymousreply 463March 25, 2023 1:17 AM

I don’t like additional Mattea-like commentary during the game either.

by Anonymousreply 464March 25, 2023 1:53 AM

The answer to the FJ was almost in the prompt. Easiest FJ in a while.

by Anonymousreply 465March 25, 2023 2:45 AM

Credit to Tamara for eventually finding her groove and winning; and credit to Michael for the brio with which he answered "Mame!" I thought Alec would be around for a while...

I got FJ because it was all I could think of, but thought it was an awkwardly conceived clue.

by Anonymousreply 466March 25, 2023 3:03 AM

That may have been a jump the shark episode for me. So many awkward moments, the head scratching Tamara, and the poorly worded final barely qualified as trivia. Also, Jeopardy does nothing to dispel the accusations of cultural elitism. How many categories do we need about England (Westminster)? Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 467March 25, 2023 3:34 AM

R467, how many questions do we need that require knowledge of 21st century pop culture? That's what you get when they try not to be "cultural elitists".

Jeopardy is all about cultural elitism. It always has been. Otherwise, it would be nothing but questions about Beyoncé and the latest comic-book movie. Anyway, why is a category about the UK inherently "elitist"?

by Anonymousreply 468March 25, 2023 10:16 AM

Well, on the plus side, there seem to be fewer answers about Canada since Alex died.

by Anonymousreply 469March 25, 2023 12:18 PM

I think the winner will continue to be a hot mess.

by Anonymousreply 470March 25, 2023 12:19 PM

R468 et al. I don't think it's cultural elitism or not... I think breadth of knowledge is rewarded by the game. Very wide range of knowledge I guess is "elite"??

by Anonymousreply 471March 25, 2023 4:18 PM

If they use East River or Hudson River again, I will plotz.

by Anonymousreply 472March 25, 2023 5:22 PM

I was rooting for sexy Kevin with the deep voice.

by Anonymousreply 473March 28, 2023 12:23 AM

Did Tamara have a glass eye or was it just lazy? Happy she’s gone.

by Anonymousreply 474March 28, 2023 12:35 AM

I'm terrible and chemistry and bad at mythology, so I guessed methane.

Kevin could play Thor.

by Anonymousreply 475March 28, 2023 4:03 AM

I, too, guessed radon. It was wrong, but Ken said it was a good guess.

Oddly, I can assure you from personal experience, that the inside of an Egyptian pyramid smells like ammonia.

by Anonymousreply 476March 28, 2023 4:38 AM

Buzzy is going to start hosting a podcast examining the history of Jeopardy!

Series launches April 26.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477March 28, 2023 5:08 PM

R477, Is this really necessary?

by Anonymousreply 478March 28, 2023 5:10 PM

I said sulphur. 🤷🏻‍♀️

by Anonymousreply 479March 28, 2023 6:22 PM

I wouldn’t think so, R478. It SHOULD be necessary for Buzzy to put a bag over that punim.

by Anonymousreply 480March 28, 2023 6:37 PM

Hey Girls..On the next Jeopardy : Jordan!! Choir Director and Music Teacher. DL knows what THAT means.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481March 29, 2023 12:06 AM

R481, With lavender hair, no less.

by Anonymousreply 482March 29, 2023 12:54 AM

Lisa is chill and seemed to enjoy herself even when she was way behind. If Nicole had got "encyclical," her lead might have been out of reach, even with her incorrect FJ answer.

by Anonymousreply 483March 29, 2023 4:17 AM

What is the lowest amount ever won by a winner in a single game?

by Anonymousreply 484March 29, 2023 12:27 PM

All I could come up with was Port Authority but I wasn't confident. I was puzzled by shiny steel and I thought it opened later than 1950. Even Ken noted that it's not known for its shiny steel and stone so much anymore.

by Anonymousreply 485March 29, 2023 12:59 PM

Port Authority was all I could think of for FJ.

The new champ made numerous incorrect guesses, she just got lucky.

A one day wonder, for sure.

by Anonymousreply 486March 29, 2023 1:39 PM

I never would have guessed Port Authority for FJ because for some reason I presumed that agency came into existence in the late 1960s.

And I should have known better because I'm from NJ.

And now a more important topic:

I guess it's just me because no one has mentioned it upthread, but the champ's facial expressions are irritating the shit out of me!

I've seen overwrought silent movies where actresses didn't overact to the extent that she did last night.

It was [bold]exhausting[/bold] watching her.

Hopefully she'll be defeated tonight - preferably by the guy pictured in R481.

by Anonymousreply 487March 29, 2023 4:39 PM

All I could come up with was Kane the comic who created Batman. I was relieved none of them got it right.

by Anonymousreply 488March 29, 2023 11:41 PM

[quote]I guess it's just me because no one has mentioned it upthread, but the champ's facial expressions are irritating the shit out of me!

Agreed. Incredibly annoying and off-putting. Too bad she'll be around for at least a bit longer. Her "Jules Verne" response tonight was quite stupid.

by Anonymousreply 489March 29, 2023 11:45 PM

Choir boy was a major disappointment.

A grown man with a Disney fixation, including tattoos.

by Anonymousreply 490March 29, 2023 11:52 PM

She’s one of the dumbest two time champions ever.

I got FJ, but it was an educated guess.

by Anonymousreply 491March 29, 2023 11:52 PM

He was beyond disappointing. R490, I’m going to pretend he’s straight.

by Anonymousreply 492March 29, 2023 11:54 PM

“Her "Jules Verne" response tonight was quite stupid.“

I nearly did a Danny Thomas spit take.

by Anonymousreply 493March 30, 2023 12:02 AM

That Asian frau gets on my last nerve

by Anonymousreply 494March 30, 2023 12:24 AM

Amazed the music teacher didn't jump on Nessun Dorma.

by Anonymousreply 495March 30, 2023 12:30 AM

Her facial expressions and bodily tics when she hesitated and didn't know the answer were beyond irritating.

by Anonymousreply 496March 30, 2023 12:33 AM

Yeah, a very poor showing by Jordan. I understand that he didn’t get anything in the quasi-sports category. But during Double Jeopardy he was like a potted plant while the two women on either side of him were busy answering questions. And, yeah, R495, how the hell did he not jump on Nessun Dorma. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 497March 30, 2023 12:38 AM

Maybe because it's never been used in a Disney movie?

by Anonymousreply 498March 30, 2023 2:09 AM

R496, As a former lawyer, her closing arguments in court must have been hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 499March 30, 2023 2:16 AM

Sharon Stone will be one of tomorrow’s contestants.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500March 30, 2023 2:22 AM

I have to say, Disney princess Jordan struck me as quite sexy, nice muscular neck.

by Anonymousreply 501March 30, 2023 2:24 AM

I have to say I found Disney princess Jordan to be quite sexy. Loved that muscular neck, bet he had a great ass.

by Anonymousreply 502March 30, 2023 2:25 AM

Yes, Jordan R502, we heard you the first time.

by Anonymousreply 503March 30, 2023 3:32 AM

Lisa's midlife crisis is being played out on the Jeopardy set; maybe the dancer-pharmacist prescribed her some narcotics after the game. That said, I don't really mind her frantic mugging, and she seems good-natured enough...

Washington Irving was the only writer I could think of who might match the date and location. The linked article says he also coined "Knickerbocker."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504March 30, 2023 3:53 AM

I got Irving because of the date.

by Anonymousreply 505March 30, 2023 3:54 AM

I also figured out Final because of the date.

I'm enjoying Lisa. I'm enjoying her reactions. They seem genuine and sincere.

Was hoping for more from purple haired Disney princess with the Disney tattoos. But at least he's got a husband to help him lick his wounds.

by Anonymousreply 506March 30, 2023 5:51 AM

Surely, Jordan remembers this moment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507March 30, 2023 10:45 AM

Jordan has the most beautiful skin! Shame about those tattoos.

by Anonymousreply 508March 30, 2023 11:56 AM

There have been few moments in Jeopardy! history more embarrassing that seeing and hearing a very light-in-the-loafers muscle queen first go on about his Disney obsession even as a full-grown adult and then proudly admit that it extends to his having gotten TWO Disney tattoos......and then DESCRIBING them. At least we were spared him telling us what parts of his body are inked, although that might have been amusing even if cringe-making.

by Anonymousreply 509March 30, 2023 12:50 PM

Jordan seemed very naive for a gay guy…very small towny.

by Anonymousreply 510March 30, 2023 12:59 PM

Yeah, and he seemed like one of those very childish, immature gay guys. I wonder what kind of music he teaches, and did he say at what level? I'm guessing maybe younger kids.

by Anonymousreply 511March 30, 2023 1:19 PM

R509, Hopefully, neither is as unattractive as Ben Affleck’s back tattoo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512March 30, 2023 8:29 PM

Dumbest two time champ ever!

by Anonymousreply 513March 30, 2023 9:23 PM

R500,

Let’s all hope and pray this Sharon Stone doesn’t flash her beave on camera.

by Anonymousreply 514March 30, 2023 11:32 PM

I can't fault Sharon's FJ answer, I guessed Bayer.

by Anonymousreply 515March 30, 2023 11:59 PM

Who didn’t know Jacuzzi???

Sheesh.

I’m embarrassed for the 2 day champ. To not even make it to FJ.

by Anonymousreply 516March 31, 2023 1:20 AM

I'm one of the ones who didn't know jacuzzi for Final. Really had no idea.

Watching Lisa bounce in and out of the red was embarrassing. After she lost the Daily Double she lost whatever mojo she had. Felt bad for her.

by Anonymousreply 517March 31, 2023 5:49 AM

I guessed waterpik. What a flame-out for Lisa.

by Anonymousreply 518March 31, 2023 5:57 AM

No idea for FJ.

by Anonymousreply 519March 31, 2023 6:12 AM

Also said Waterpik.

I can’t believe I forgot to mention another of Lisa’s astonishingly stupid answers from Wednesday.

Spruce Moose???? What, does she get all her news from Rocky & Bullwinkle??

by Anonymousreply 520March 31, 2023 1:22 PM

R520, Crazy moose and squirrel.

by Anonymousreply 521March 31, 2023 2:39 PM

R520, Her confusing Davy Jones with David Cassidy was forgivable, but still worthy of an eye roll.

by Anonymousreply 522March 31, 2023 2:42 PM

She also missed Scott and Zelda, which was surprising.

by Anonymousreply 523March 31, 2023 7:05 PM

[quote]Her confusing Davy Jones with David Cassidy was forgivable, but still worthy of an eye roll.

by Anonymousreply 524March 31, 2023 7:31 PM

I didn't get the "obvious" final either. The Fitzgerald miss was surprising.

by Anonymousreply 525March 31, 2023 8:54 PM

I actually did get final, but it was because my husband has psoriatic arthritis and we had debated on getting a hot tub (but ultimately did not.) I couldn't for the life of me remember how to spell it, so I would have written "Jaquozzi." They would have accepted that, right?

by Anonymousreply 526March 31, 2023 9:45 PM

I couldn't think of anything for FJ. Also, I think delegates should've been an acceptable answer for the delegation question.

by Anonymousreply 527March 31, 2023 11:35 PM

I thought of Stockholm immediately for FJ.

How much teasing do you imagine Sharon Stone has endured over the years because of her name?

by Anonymousreply 528March 31, 2023 11:44 PM

Jen was a total dingbat. She thought that Tyler was impeached and that Somalia is a port city.

by Anonymousreply 529April 1, 2023 12:00 AM

But she likes cats!

by Anonymousreply 530April 1, 2023 1:29 AM

The books she mentioned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531April 1, 2023 4:37 AM

Let's get some real men back on that stage!

by Anonymousreply 532April 1, 2023 12:06 PM

Somalia? Pavlova? These online tests must be easy-peasy indeed! They missed Coolidge, Seville, and Hong Kong (so many rhyming Chinese cities to choose from); I didn't.

I'm with Ken, delegates and delegation are two different things.

by Anonymousreply 533April 1, 2023 12:12 PM

Final seemed easy to me. The date indicated it was about 50 years ago, so that helped me narrow it down to Stockholm.

I'm liking Sharon Stone.

by Anonymousreply 534April 1, 2023 8:46 PM

I'm loving Sharon Stone! And please note, the sweet lady, at least, went through her most vulnerable childhood and teen years with a perfectly ordinary name.

by Anonymousreply 535April 1, 2023 8:56 PM

R535, do we know if she was born with that name or acquired the last name in marriage?

by Anonymousreply 536April 1, 2023 8:58 PM

Yeah, I like Sharon. I’d be very happy if she continued on as champ for a bit.

by Anonymousreply 537April 1, 2023 8:59 PM

I missed Sharon's first appearance but did Ken ask her about her name's fame?

by Anonymousreply 538April 1, 2023 9:05 PM

I'd be happy if Ms Stone won many more games.... just such a positive attitude, she seems to really enjoy the game. I don't like the contestants who are just so obviously tense.

by Anonymousreply 539April 1, 2023 11:29 PM

Ken hasn't asked her about the Sharon Stone fame connection yet, but he did ask her which of her brother Oliver's movies is her favorite, and she said "Natural Born Killers."

by Anonymousreply 540April 2, 2023 1:37 AM

R535, “Basic Instinct” was released in 1992, so the woman has been receiving comments about her name for over thirty years, enough to irritate a saint.

by Anonymousreply 541April 2, 2023 7:05 AM

Jeez, over the last three episodes, just over $20,000 was the total in prize winnings. When are the smart people coming back?

by Anonymousreply 542April 4, 2023 12:21 AM

Had NO idea of FJ. And neither did they.

by Anonymousreply 543April 4, 2023 12:59 AM

The blonde Asian chick won

by Anonymousreply 544April 4, 2023 1:13 AM

I guessed correctly on FJ. It was the only military eponym from 1940 I could think of.

Dan Dan Dan…you seem like a DL Eldergay. You tried my patience, dear. Did you forget your Neuriva this morning??

by Anonymousreply 545April 4, 2023 1:20 AM

A gay daddy, it seems. And not the sexy kind.

by Anonymousreply 546April 4, 2023 1:56 AM

Dan did exactly what they tell you not to do – miss a big money answer, check out, then never recover.

by Anonymousreply 547April 4, 2023 2:06 AM

That FJ was really hard.

by Anonymousreply 548April 4, 2023 2:15 AM

I am not here for Crystal. Won with 4,000 dollars!! WTH? She looks like a RuPaul Drag Race reject. I didn't know FJ but I certainly knew it had something to do with the Nazis!! What else was going on in 1940!?...Cutie Brandon is coming on Wednesday!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549April 4, 2023 2:16 AM

Thank god. It’s been a real dry spell.

by Anonymousreply 550April 4, 2023 2:26 AM

C'mon! He's not that hot.

by Anonymousreply 551April 4, 2023 2:33 AM

Thankfully, Crystal didn't throw up.

by Anonymousreply 552April 4, 2023 2:36 AM

When have there been three such odd looking contestants on the same show?

Crystal appeared on the verge of cardiac arrest with her win.

by Anonymousreply 553April 4, 2023 2:55 AM

I couldn't even remember what an eponym was.... bad game for me.

by Anonymousreply 554April 4, 2023 3:45 AM

I think what was tricky about FJ is the clue seemed to point to some sort kind of weapon or instrument of war.

by Anonymousreply 555April 4, 2023 3:51 AM

That DJ about the rock was also impossibly difficult.

by Anonymousreply 556April 4, 2023 3:51 AM

The Maginot line was kind of a weapon/instrument of war.

by Anonymousreply 557April 4, 2023 5:39 AM

I wasn't confident, but did get final. Marcus Garvey was another I knew, finding New Zealand an odd guess.

by Anonymousreply 558April 4, 2023 2:28 PM

Clearly, the contestant had never heard of Garvey.

He often seemed to press his buzzer without having an answer ready.

by Anonymousreply 559April 4, 2023 3:02 PM

Dan clearly knew the answers to many of the question, but nervousness prevented the answer from traveling from his brain to his mouth.

Never underestimate how much being on that stage and having those cameras on you can affect a person's performance. They may be the best player in the world at home and even in the tryouts. But once you're on that stage and those lights come on and the cameras start pointing at you, it can really fuck you with you.

by Anonymousreply 560April 4, 2023 6:00 PM

Well, Johnny, I think in Dan's case he was experiencing premature ejaculation with his buzzer.

by Anonymousreply 561April 4, 2023 6:51 PM

Oh good. We have another narcissistic cunt for champ. Fuck you dude.

by Anonymousreply 562April 4, 2023 10:46 PM

His hair and moustache remind me of Hitler. He's gotta go.

by Anonymousreply 563April 4, 2023 11:59 PM

Agree on the resemblance, R563. Even more unfortunate is his sartorial style, like Sandra Lee he's not as sophisticated as he thinks he is. On the other hand, he got Final where I guessed Steven King. I hate runaways, so pleased as punch that they were all pretty much evenly matched today.

None of them associated Buffalo with Lake Erie? Damn! Rome is on the Tiber people! Did did I mention I'm a fan of the Marcus Didius Falco historical mystery series?

Oscar fantasy league? How gay is that ???

by Anonymousreply 564April 5, 2023 12:07 AM

I’m shocked that no one got Tea and Sympathy — especially the gay guy.

He does look like Hitler (only chubbier). But he also reminds me of some sitcom actor whose name now escapes me.

by Anonymousreply 565April 5, 2023 12:19 AM

David Schrammm, R565.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 566April 5, 2023 12:26 AM

I thought FJ was easy.

by Anonymousreply 567April 5, 2023 12:28 AM

That had to be the most pearl clutching moment in Jeopardy! history when Brian realized he’d won.

by Anonymousreply 568April 5, 2023 12:37 AM

The worst combover in Jeopardy history.

by Anonymousreply 569April 5, 2023 1:37 AM

How many laughed at Crystal’s “Murphy Brown” response?

by Anonymousreply 570April 5, 2023 1:40 AM

Am I the only one who find Crystal's eyes look weird?

by Anonymousreply 571April 5, 2023 2:01 AM

I should probably explain myself before this is taken the wrong way.... it's almost like her eyes do not match her facial features. She looks like someone who had eye opening surgey

by Anonymousreply 572April 5, 2023 2:02 AM

So many odd looking and quirky contestants lately.

Are less people applying these days and these are the best the show can get?

by Anonymousreply 573April 5, 2023 2:06 AM

Murphy Brown🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 574April 5, 2023 2:09 AM

Wow, champ was a freak show. Let's hope Brandon sends him back home tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 575April 5, 2023 2:29 AM

I didn’t like that Ken revealed to the champ that the lake answer (which he chose not to attempt) was a Great Lake. That was not revealed in the clue.

by Anonymousreply 576April 5, 2023 2:31 AM

Today's champion, in the Tennessee orange, was an arrogant, condescending asshole in the waiting area. I was hoping beyond hope that he would not win. Just sayin'

by Anonymousreply 577April 5, 2023 2:32 AM

I’m one of the potential contestants they passed over for these people. How do you think I feel?

by Anonymousreply 578April 5, 2023 3:24 AM

Do we have a Jeopardy! insider?

by Anonymousreply 579April 5, 2023 3:25 AM

Murphy Brown starring Sharon Stone!

And I couldn't get Grisham...

by Anonymousreply 580April 5, 2023 3:59 AM

I had no idea on Final, but liked Brian. His reaction to realizing that he had won was great.

by Anonymousreply 581April 5, 2023 5:50 AM

I bet Brian reads these Jeopardy threads. I mean he did mention his mother in his first appearance.

by Anonymousreply 582April 5, 2023 11:24 AM

Brian’s still an ass and Teresa is a raging moron. How do these fuckers get on the show??

by Anonymousreply 583April 5, 2023 10:35 PM

Brandon!!

by Anonymousreply 584April 5, 2023 11:08 PM

Is Teresa trans?

by Anonymousreply 585April 5, 2023 11:13 PM

R585, Her “Orient Express” response was beyond stupid.

Brandon was a bit of a disappointment. Smart, but not smart enough.

Oh, and Brandon definitely pinged.

by Anonymousreply 586April 5, 2023 11:31 PM

Why is Brian's suit so shiny?

by Anonymousreply 587April 5, 2023 11:38 PM

R587 = Brandons Social Media was confirmation of his Family status. Teresa reminded me of my Granny who used to beat me.

by Anonymousreply 588April 5, 2023 11:47 PM

Brian comes off as a complete and total asshole.

by Anonymousreply 589April 5, 2023 11:49 PM

Teresa reminded me of DL icon Temple Grandin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590April 5, 2023 11:51 PM

Queen latifah is truly a beautiful woman

by Anonymousreply 591April 5, 2023 11:55 PM

Oh, Brandon, we hardly knew ye. Any guy who put his pronouns in his social media profile is definitely not straight. Assuming that the guy who was in Brandon’s previous profile pic is his bf — they look like brothers, but, of course.

We needed more Brandon and a whole lot less Brian. I was indifferent to him yesterday. But he’s already starting to grate on me. As R589 noted, he comes off as an insufferable jackasss.

by Anonymousreply 592April 6, 2023 12:00 AM

How is it that contestants who make it onto Jeopardy have no idea which films won Oscars? None of them even named a Best Picture nominee, much less a winner.

by Anonymousreply 593April 6, 2023 12:00 AM

For a history librarian, Brandon didn't ring in on a lot of history questions. And yes, Brian is an ass. The Penn anecdote was thebest he could do?

by Anonymousreply 594April 6, 2023 12:06 AM

R593, I thought FJ was poorly written.

by Anonymousreply 595April 6, 2023 12:10 AM

I'm going to have to stop watching the show until Brian is gone. Not only do I find him annoying like everyone else, I hate it when the person who steamrolls everyone else seems to do that just because they always manage to ring in first. That said, I guess Brandon did give him a decent run for his money.

by Anonymousreply 596April 6, 2023 12:14 AM

Brandon was a little slow on the trigger, but most people in southwest Missouri are very laid back, so it fits.

I wonder if he’s a fellow Mizzou grad.

by Anonymousreply 597April 6, 2023 1:12 AM

Why are the full episodes no longer on youtube?? Help!!!

by Anonymousreply 598April 6, 2023 1:38 AM

Brandon screwed the pooch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599April 6, 2023 3:10 AM

[quote]Jeopardy! player Brandon Broughton claps back at fans who questioned his ‘risky’ wager before suffering landslide loss

Since Brandon had less than half the total money that Brian had going into Final Jeopardy, Brandon would have lost anyway unless Brian had stupidly bet more than the amount of his safety cushion, which of course he did not. So Brandon's big wager did not "cost him the win," as the article states. Also, please remember that the two losers DO NOT take home the amount of money they have as their scores after Final Jeopardy.

by Anonymousreply 600April 6, 2023 3:22 AM

That story at R599 makes no fucking sense. Sounds like it was written by an AI bot that doesn’t have a clue how the game is played or how much losers take home. It was a fucking runaway.

by Anonymousreply 601April 6, 2023 3:23 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!