Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dan Levy calls leaving Twitter 'the best thing I’ve ever done'

The Canadian actor spoke openly about leaving Twitter and the toxicity of social media.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133March 19, 2023 11:08 AM

so, how long do we give him until he returns or starts using another media account as he would have twitter. . . aside from regular media. Honestly, it might be the best thing he's ever done. . . he just seems to jerk himself off a lot and thinks about his tragic homophobic scars from once working at mtv. Seriously, you should read up on the tragic homophobia he faced only a few years after Matthew Shepard. It was so harrowing. so tragic.

by Anonymousreply 1February 21, 2023 5:11 PM

Then who have I been verbally abusing on Twitter?! I owe @danlevy an apology.

by Anonymousreply 2February 21, 2023 5:11 PM

Oh, course. So many ugly replies to almost everything.

by Anonymousreply 3February 21, 2023 5:11 PM

R1 Man you'd think you might want to know that a channel that pretends to progressive was being homophobic not too long ago. I guess not. Don't complain about it unless you get murdered?

by Anonymousreply 4February 21, 2023 5:20 PM

[quote] “I was feeling particularly vulnerable. I read this tweet from someone. I think it said something like 'Can we all admit Schitt’s Creek was overrated?'"

by Anonymousreply 5February 21, 2023 5:57 PM

I deactivated by Twitter today on the road to deletion too. Me and Dan.

by Anonymousreply 6February 21, 2023 6:00 PM

I love Dan Levy.

Even if he still needs to lose those extra pounds to fit properly into his fabulous wardrobe.

But around me he can keep it off!

by Anonymousreply 7February 21, 2023 6:08 PM

What he said about Twitter holds true for Datalounge. So it begs the question, Is Datalounge good for you?

by Anonymousreply 8February 21, 2023 8:53 PM

Me too Dan. Twitter is aggressively pushing right wing messaging and some of the world's most heinous people troll there. Datalounge is uber mild in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 9February 21, 2023 9:01 PM

DL is heading there but there are still moments of fun and insights shared here that you won’t find on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 10February 21, 2023 9:01 PM

Why can't people leave social media without announcing it?

Fame whores are exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 11February 21, 2023 9:05 PM

The best thing that ever happened to twitter was this ugly idiot leaving it. Good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 12February 21, 2023 9:07 PM

We got Trump and all that has ensued, partly because of Twitter and Facebook, why are people still using such stupid mind controlling things? It's an obvious addiction to me, and yet it's still there because we constantly hear about here all the time.

by Anonymousreply 13February 21, 2023 9:08 PM

We got Trump and all that has ensued, partly because of Twitter and Facebook, why are people still using such stupid mind controlling things? It's an obvious addiction to me, and yet it's still there because we constantly hear about here all the time.

by Anonymousreply 14February 21, 2023 9:08 PM

....asks R14 on an internet forum.

by Anonymousreply 15February 21, 2023 9:13 PM

I wonder how long before he’s back on Twitter, tho.

by Anonymousreply 16February 21, 2023 9:20 PM

Wish he would post more thirst traps.

by Anonymousreply 17February 21, 2023 11:08 PM

Any vids of him rubbing one out?

by Anonymousreply 18February 21, 2023 11:12 PM

Barely any pics of him without 3 sweaters on…. 😵‍💫

by Anonymousreply 19February 21, 2023 11:16 PM

So, he agrees that his work is overrated?

by Anonymousreply 20February 21, 2023 11:36 PM

Somebody said Schitts Creek was overrated and he went into hysterics and flounced? Yeah, that tracks.

by Anonymousreply 21February 21, 2023 11:42 PM

Well… if he was that upset about someone calling Schitt’s creek “overrated” on a night of when he was feeling “vulnerable,” he would be inpatient hospitalized upon reading the comments on datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 22February 21, 2023 11:59 PM

[quote] Can we all admit Schitt’s Creek was overrated?

Jesus Christ, that is NOT toxic. That is a legitimate question. It's called discussion, Dan. It's called DISCOURSE.

But that would be considered toxic by a thin-skinned nepo baby.

by Anonymousreply 23February 22, 2023 3:40 AM

*Don’t anyone dare criticize his commercials for Verizon, or whatever it is!*

by Anonymousreply 24February 22, 2023 3:49 AM

People probably have to walk on eggshells around him. I’m guessing if you say anything he could construe as mean or offensive, you get the silent treatment or a very nasty response.

We all know those personality types. Not easy.

Eugene Levy seems very sweet. The mother was probably intense.

by Anonymousreply 25February 22, 2023 12:12 PM

Why do people “leave Twitter?” Who’s “in Twitter” in the first place? Makes it sound like a country.

I follow a few people and post things from a few different accounts for promo purposes. I dip in, do my promo work, read a few tweets, and dip out.

What’s so potentially hard about that that one has to “leave” it?

by Anonymousreply 26February 22, 2023 12:26 PM

Twitter deliberately orchestrates confrontation. The other day a couple of friends were talking about how Johnny Depp started looking ill recently, and for no reason, one of their tweets ended up at the top of the search results for "Johnny Depp" and they got swarmed by Depp bots. They're nobodies with very few followers, there was no reason their casual conversation should have ended up at the top of search results, but it was there and it immediately caused a mass brigading.

by Anonymousreply 27February 22, 2023 12:27 PM

All the Levy family needs to be swallowed/devoured by Christina Metz.

by Anonymousreply 28February 22, 2023 12:34 PM

Hate leaving twitter. Been on for years and never got into too many arguments. The magats did get me banned from periscope by mass reporting.

by Anonymousreply 29February 22, 2023 12:35 PM

Twitter is not a thing for 99% of the population. Ms Levy can virtue signal all she wants but no one cares.

by Anonymousreply 30February 22, 2023 12:37 PM

What got him off social media was reading "Can we all admit Schitt’s Creek was overrated?"? LOLOL.

by Anonymousreply 31February 22, 2023 2:12 PM

Like a lot of people, I love/hate twitter. It's addictive and useful but also impossible not to hit comments or petty shit that's unbelievably stupid or frustrating.

by Anonymousreply 32February 22, 2023 2:14 PM

I said this about DL after we came back from the Xmas/NY Primetime. I'm still here.

by Anonymousreply 33February 22, 2023 2:22 PM

[quote] Why do people “leave Twitter?” Who’s “in Twitter” in the first place? Makes it sound like a country.

Not to get all William Gibson, but it kind of is a 'place', in a metaphysical sense. It's a forum, in cyberspace, like a giant meeting hall full of screaming people clustered around various noticeboards, except it's virtual and non-corporeal.

And when someone sitting physically in the room with you is on Twitter via their phone or their PC, they look and sound and act like they're a million miles away.

by Anonymousreply 34February 22, 2023 2:25 PM

He joined Tik Tok instead. For some reason DL won't let me link to it. He posted one about UFOs and another one about a filter. Hopefully no one comments that he's overrated.

by Anonymousreply 35February 22, 2023 2:27 PM

[quote] It's a forum, in cyberspace, like a giant meeting hall full of screaming people clustered around various noticeboards, except it's virtual and non-corporeal.

It’s only that if you want it to be, if you treat it that way.

by Anonymousreply 36February 22, 2023 2:28 PM

DL isn’t similar to other social media accounts because most posts are anonymous. Only a few people post their handles and there’s no picture/bio attached. I had to get off of Facebook because it’s all about narcissists getting their daily fix.

by Anonymousreply 37February 22, 2023 2:30 PM

[quote]Can we all admit Schitt’s Creek was overrated?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38February 22, 2023 3:00 PM

At around 30 min, he talks about deuxmoi but also mentions Datalounge without naming it. He even mentions anonymity here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39February 22, 2023 3:41 PM

That smirk!!!!!!

Somebody smack it for the love of God!!!

by Anonymousreply 40February 22, 2023 3:46 PM

The actual best thing he could do would be to rent a lawnmower and trim those eyebrows down to human scale.

Who gives a fuck about Twitter?

by Anonymousreply 41February 22, 2023 3:51 PM

R39 NO-ONE should ever mention us out in the sober daylight of the real world. We are a sewer-dwelling secret cabal and it should remain that way forever.

by Anonymousreply 42February 22, 2023 3:53 PM

[quote] “I have thousands of letters from people who have come out of the closet. Their parents have accepted them… I know that [Shchitt’s Creek] has done things for people in very meaningful ways. And then I read one stupid thing from someone on Twitter, and it makes me question all the work that I’ve done,” the 39-year-old shared.

“In that moment, it was late at night. I was feeling particularly vulnerable. I read this tweet from someone. I think it said something like 'Can we all admit Schitt’s Creek was overrated?'"

[quote]Levy adds that his reaction to the tweet was not about the show at all, but more in reaction to the way our culture has embraced tearing something down publicly “while asking others to join.”

[quote]“So, not only is what you’re saying not positive, not constructive, not helping anybody or anything. But you’re also now rallying other people to share in your hatred,” he said.

He should be embarrassed. What a childish mess.

by Anonymousreply 43February 22, 2023 4:02 PM

Most of Twitter are bots and always have been. To give power to these bots is all kinds of stupid.

by Anonymousreply 44February 22, 2023 4:10 PM

“So, not only is what you’re saying not positive, not constructive, not helping anybody or anything. But you’re also now rallying other people to share in your hatred,” he said.

MARY!!!!!!!!!

Remember his Twitter hysteria over Air France switching his seat without any notice? That was constructive.

by Anonymousreply 45February 22, 2023 4:16 PM

Good for him. I'm only on it to get tweets from Ukraine.

by Anonymousreply 46February 22, 2023 4:39 PM

R4 Were you drunk when you wrote that?

by Anonymousreply 47February 22, 2023 4:41 PM

I still think one of you bitches was behind this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48February 22, 2023 4:43 PM

I forgot it was a week early r48. Basically taking up a lot of time with his nonsense when people could have been helping customers that were flying that day. God, what a temperamental bitch he is. I would love to hear stories from the set of Schitt's Creek.

by Anonymousreply 49February 22, 2023 4:47 PM

[quote]r31 What got him off social media was reading "Can we all admit Schitt’s Creek was overrated?"? LOLOL.

You bitch!

He specifically wrote, “It was late at night. I was feeling particularly vulnerable.”

[bold] ! ! ! !

by Anonymousreply 50February 22, 2023 6:53 PM

[quote] He specifically wrote, “It was late at night. I was feeling particularly vulnerable.”

This is what Private Eye Magazine in the UK refers to as a celebrity "feeling tired and emotional."

***surreptitiously makes 'drinky-drinky' gesture***

by Anonymousreply 51February 22, 2023 7:02 PM

Vulnerable delicate flower.

by Anonymousreply 52February 22, 2023 7:03 PM

Maybe Jamie Lee Curtis can soothe him.

by Anonymousreply 53February 22, 2023 7:47 PM

Are we sure he's not a lesbian?

I remember walking into work one day and someone asked me what I did on the weekend," he said. "I said, 'Well, I installed a dimmer switch in my apartment.' And that person said, 'Wow, it's almost like you're a real man.'"

by Anonymousreply 54February 22, 2023 9:09 PM

^

[quote] I remember walking into work one day and someone asked me what I did on the weekend," he said. "I said, 'Well, I installed a dimmer switch in my apartment.' And that person said, 'Wow, it's almost like you're a real man.'"

like seriously, could someone explain to me how that's

a. homophobic

b. someone would be scarred by that?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55February 22, 2023 9:10 PM

He’s onto bigger and better things.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56February 22, 2023 9:22 PM

I have NEVEr used twitter for anything more than seeing naked pictures of pron stars. never undestood the value of it otherwise

by Anonymousreply 57February 22, 2023 9:23 PM

Can’t stand him and his cuntface

by Anonymousreply 58February 22, 2023 9:29 PM

He played David like he "was almost a man". Great insult.

by Anonymousreply 59February 22, 2023 9:31 PM

Why does DL hate him? I can't remember. DL has a lot of random hates.

by Anonymousreply 60February 22, 2023 9:33 PM

I don't have Twitter or Instagram or Facebook or any of that mess.

I'm not missing out on anything, it's all boring as hell. Just something that boring people keep themselves busy with, thank God most of the world (80%) doesn't have Twitter and doesn't want it. The people who think it's "important" are the circle jerkers who fritter away hours every day on the damn thing.

Stupid entertainment for stupid people.

by Anonymousreply 61February 22, 2023 9:41 PM

Less than 1% of the population is on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 62February 22, 2023 9:44 PM

r61 oh, look at virtue signaling you trying to be trendy.

here

*everybody claps*

by Anonymousreply 63February 22, 2023 9:46 PM

I don't want your fucking claps you stupid bitch.

Go back to trolling on Twitter and "social media" since it's the only social life you're ever going to have.

by Anonymousreply 64February 22, 2023 9:48 PM

R61 Very few octogenarians are on any social media. So the fact you are not on any means absolutely nothing.

by Anonymousreply 65February 22, 2023 9:54 PM

Very cute back in the day

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66February 23, 2023 9:14 PM

Ms Dan Levy was never cute. He doesn't have the genes to make that possible. Plus those horrid eyebrows. Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 67February 23, 2023 10:15 PM

Mary!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68February 24, 2023 3:59 PM

He's less adorable and sympathetic than he believes he is.

by Anonymousreply 69February 24, 2023 4:02 PM

r64 Will you write a poem for me, if I do, or at the very least, up your game.

lashing out like a fourteen year old with delusional fantasies about your perceived enemies is kind of cray.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70February 24, 2023 4:06 PM

I like Dan Levy. Where's that French guy who was in love with him?

by Anonymousreply 71February 24, 2023 6:07 PM

Frenchie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72February 24, 2023 6:35 PM

I’m ecstatic that there are fewer places to see him.

by Anonymousreply 73February 24, 2023 6:45 PM

Only Sam Smith grosses and repulses me more than this queen.

by Anonymousreply 74February 24, 2023 6:49 PM

Samantha Smith and Danielle Levy are whiny and play the victim. No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 75February 24, 2023 9:32 PM

R75 How super clever of you to feminize both their names. You is no doubt da best raconteur on the DL EVER.

by Anonymousreply 76February 24, 2023 9:38 PM

r76 Thanks Dan! Such big words you use!

I prefer da best racunteur, actually. This is DL after all.

by Anonymousreply 77February 24, 2023 9:49 PM

R77 Give it up, girly. You aren't smart enough to get away with clever word play.

by Anonymousreply 78February 24, 2023 9:52 PM

If you're not American Airlines then quit announcing your departures!

by Anonymousreply 79February 24, 2023 9:59 PM

Has he never made a man come hard? That is better than leaving Twatter....

by Anonymousreply 80February 24, 2023 10:08 PM

He’s in Milan. Curious whether his new movie will have sex scenes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81February 24, 2023 10:10 PM

Yuck. I imagine having sex with a lifelike sex mannequin would be better and warmer and tighter than shtupping with Dan.

by Anonymousreply 82February 24, 2023 10:12 PM

At least I know how to spell “the” r78.

by Anonymousreply 83February 24, 2023 10:21 PM

This troll is Jabba level stupid. It prolly is Jabba. Da scourge of the DL.

by Anonymousreply 84February 24, 2023 10:25 PM

Poor Dan is a cutie but so gay, too bad he didn't learn to butch it up like our Colto! He'll never be the man like Luke!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85February 24, 2023 11:20 PM

Twitter is dumpster fire so I don’t blame him

by Anonymousreply 86February 24, 2023 11:31 PM

Thriving

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87February 27, 2023 10:22 PM

Are we to guess from this that Miss Levy is not on DL, or is she a lurking DLer?

Does she read threads on herself here?

Because if so: Dan--I want to fuck your hot daddy so hard.

by Anonymousreply 88February 27, 2023 11:15 PM

Well excuse you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89March 3, 2023 12:39 PM

If only he would leave planet Earth.

by Anonymousreply 90March 3, 2023 3:36 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 91March 3, 2023 3:43 PM

All the males sucked on SC. It was all about the girls. The only decent male was the cute vet who went to Ecuador in the end.

by Anonymousreply 92March 3, 2023 3:47 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 93March 3, 2023 3:49 PM

Isn't Dan a Nepo baby too?

by Anonymousreply 94March 3, 2023 7:15 PM

"Leaving Twitter is the best thing I've ever done."

by Anonymousreply 95March 3, 2023 7:23 PM

He’s so fucking homely. Poor Miss Thang.

by Anonymousreply 96March 3, 2023 9:59 PM

With Jamie Dornan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97March 3, 2023 10:49 PM

R94 Obviously, though I think the real get with that was Catherine O'hara agreeing to work on their show because of Eugene. Eugene's career was pretty dead before Schitt's Creek. He hadn't acted much in years and was doing American Pie sequels or other low budget shit. Hollywood wasn't exactly returning his calls

by Anonymousreply 98March 3, 2023 11:59 PM

I'm dying for Twitter to go up in flames. It's become another Nazi app. People enter and, regardless of their interests, get videos of Black people being violent shoved down their throats immediately. What does Dave Chapelle think of what his friend did to Twitter, btw?

by Anonymousreply 99March 4, 2023 12:04 AM

Granted deux moi is frau central but this is pretty funny

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100March 7, 2023 5:14 PM

I think most celebs hate DM because she's a cunt who posts random stalker pics of them eating or makes up random shit.

by Anonymousreply 101March 7, 2023 5:20 PM

They do and they don't. She posts a ton of shit from publicists at this point. My guess is that most of them suck it up and tolerate a dumb photo of from dinner, and keep their mouths shut, in order to use her when they need to.

She posted some blind item clearly written by his publicist last week about how he has nothing to do with the drama around "The Idol" and wants to distance himself from it because he only worked 2 days on set, etc.

by Anonymousreply 102March 7, 2023 5:26 PM

Oh I agree, it's just her saying only assholes hate DM is silly since I'm sure 99% of celebs hate DM even if they will use it occasionally. That being said, the only real stories I've heard about him from DM is that he's demanding and bitchy, as expected. As far as celeb assholes go, probably pretty mild.

by Anonymousreply 103March 7, 2023 5:29 PM

Twitter is a cesspool.

by Anonymousreply 104March 7, 2023 7:08 PM

I quit Twitter too. I like Dan. I just don't want to see him or hear him. He should stick to writing and directing.

by Anonymousreply 105March 8, 2023 7:09 AM

Elon Musk made twitter a cesspool.

by Anonymousreply 106March 8, 2023 3:12 PM

Wow new look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107March 8, 2023 3:17 PM

New look, old smirk

by Anonymousreply 108March 8, 2023 3:30 PM

He would be the most needy, grasping boyfriend ever. Uggh.

by Anonymousreply 109March 8, 2023 6:51 PM

When a gay man comes out, the knives come out on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 110March 8, 2023 7:19 PM

DL is the only social media I bother with anymore. Haven’t missed the rest at all.

by Anonymousreply 111March 8, 2023 7:19 PM

DL is not social media. It's 100% anonymous with no profiles. You can't "find" anyone on DL, let alone "follow" them. It's not analogous to Twitter or Facebook. It's not social media. It's a message board.

by Anonymousreply 112March 8, 2023 8:33 PM

Poor Dan. He’s definitely one of the most ridiculous nepo babies ever.

by Anonymousreply 113March 8, 2023 8:49 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114March 9, 2023 3:44 AM

He has a new eyewear collab

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115March 10, 2023 12:53 AM

Schitt's Creek will be for Dan Levy what That Girl was for Marlo Thomas.

by Anonymousreply 116March 10, 2023 1:03 AM

Lord have mercy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117March 10, 2023 1:57 AM

R117 There are a million lezzies who look exactly like that right now. Beart included. His girlfriend looks common.

by Anonymousreply 118March 10, 2023 4:39 AM

Beard

by Anonymousreply 119March 10, 2023 4:39 AM

Impressive award-winning track record though

[quote]Steven Stokey-Daley reminisces about the first pair of glasses he ever had. “It’s not glamorous at all,” grimaces the 25-year-old Liverpudlian designer, winner of both last year’s LVMH Prize for young designers and the British Fashion Council’s Foundation Award.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120March 10, 2023 5:58 AM

He's got a cute baby face. He should lose some weight stat

by Anonymousreply 121March 10, 2023 6:20 AM

Both of them are hotties!!

by Anonymousreply 122March 10, 2023 7:23 AM

—no one likes him in toronto

Of course they don't. Small town mentality.

by Anonymousreply 123March 14, 2023 6:00 PM

They might not like him in Toronto, but they seem to protect him because we get no real gossip about him.

by Anonymousreply 124March 14, 2023 6:12 PM

It’s nice to see that Dan is dating a chub, I hope he takes him to red carpet events

by Anonymousreply 125March 14, 2023 9:43 PM

Yes they are cute together - seem well matched

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126March 14, 2023 10:16 PM

The best thing be could do is ditch the glasses.

by Anonymousreply 127March 14, 2023 10:44 PM

Boyfriends in bed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128March 18, 2023 8:45 PM

r128 They're fully clothed and 1 kilometer apart.

This is a professional collaboration -- they're not dating.

by Anonymousreply 129March 19, 2023 1:07 AM

He wouldn't post the pics if they were dating and would get this thread closed. It's for glasses they are both shilling.

by Anonymousreply 130March 19, 2023 1:11 AM

Where’s Dan’s food in the r128 pic?

by Anonymousreply 131March 19, 2023 9:26 AM

There are two plates on the tray, you twerp. Are you tryna be funny? You ain't muthafucka.

by Anonymousreply 132March 19, 2023 10:35 AM

It’s always nice to just know you’re the Mary in the relationship.

-Steven “shave your ears again, Dan” Stokey-Davey

by Anonymousreply 133March 19, 2023 11:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!