Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Raquel Welch Part Deux

First thread was closed.

Carry on...

by Anonymousreply 42March 8, 2023 6:41 AM

This Girl's Back in Town

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 19, 2023 5:28 PM

Jesus, the Mail just did a post on her LA home, the one she ostensibly died in. I won't post the link since the board doesn't like the Mail anymore, you can go over there and easily find it. She lived on Beverly Glen Blvd, her house faced the back of the strip mall housing the Bev Glen deli! Eeek. Very tiny lot, no backyard (the house abuts the hillside) and worst of all - gasp - a SHARED driveway with her neighbor.

The pool looks miniscule and is in the front yard. The house is sizeable, and I'm sure it was nice on the inside, but really it's sad to think about how some of these Hollywood icons end up in the end.

by Anonymousreply 2February 19, 2023 9:46 PM

What the fuck, see Daily Fail linked article below.

by Anonymousreply 3February 19, 2023 10:21 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4February 19, 2023 10:21 PM

Loved the Foster Grant commercials.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5February 19, 2023 10:24 PM

R1 R5 why are you reposting my linked videos from the first thread?

by Anonymousreply 6February 19, 2023 10:28 PM

r2 You don't think she was wealthy?

by Anonymousreply 7February 19, 2023 10:43 PM

R2

Raquel Welch may have been a Hollywood "icon", but she was no where near an "A" level actress who in her day could command top dollars. Even many of those actresses unless they married well often were in tight financial circumstances by late middle age into senior citizen.

She was creative director of "HairUwear" (Raquel Welch and Eva Gabor wigs) which of course brought in some money, but it wasn't as if she owned the company.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8February 19, 2023 10:54 PM

r8 I wonder how wealthy Joan Collins really is?

by Anonymousreply 9February 19, 2023 11:03 PM

Published sources put Joan Collins wealth down at between $20 to fifty million USD.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10February 19, 2023 11:16 PM

r10 Thanks! I wonder if she is richer than Raquel was?

by Anonymousreply 11February 19, 2023 11:40 PM

We shall soon know when Raquel Welch's will and estate go through probate.

Published estimates give Ms. Welch a net worth of $40 million USD.

Remember she won a huge payout with her legal battle against MGM film studio. That would have been a considerable sum to build up further wealth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12February 19, 2023 11:46 PM

Raque; Welch, the most beautiful woman of the 20th century, and for some inexplicable reason the original OP thread didn't post a pic of her. And now we have a new OP here, starting a new therad, and again -- no pic!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13February 20, 2023 12:47 AM

I doubt she was worth $40 million. She definitely made money in her heyday, and if well-invested she was worth millions at the end. But I don't know about that amount. She hadn't done much in the last decade of her life, she would have had to draw down on her funds to live comfortably in LA during that time.

by Anonymousreply 14February 20, 2023 12:49 AM

You're being ridiculous, r2. Why would a single woman in her 80s want the maintenance of a big pool and backyard?

by Anonymousreply 15February 20, 2023 1:01 AM

Nice house, kind of big and they're all so close together.

by Anonymousreply 16February 20, 2023 2:53 AM

Raquel...one of the last of the good ol' broads.

by Anonymousreply 17February 20, 2023 2:53 AM

I'd love to see the view from the balcony.

by Anonymousreply 18February 20, 2023 3:15 AM

It’s a large home In the city of LA- Very few lots are large- she was hardly poor. 40 million is a good guess- I would put her between 20-40 million. I’ve got about 10 and I can assure you it’s plenty unless you want to live like Madonna .

Elizabeth Taylor lived in a lovely medium large home in about an acre of land- full of he treasures (considerable art and of course jewelry. She left an estate of half a billion.

by Anonymousreply 19February 20, 2023 4:14 AM

Yes Taylor lived in a relatively smaller home, but it was in the heart of Old Bel Air, on prime, private real estate there. Welch looked out of her front bedroom windows to see a view of the back loading dock of the Beverly Glen Deli.

by Anonymousreply 20February 20, 2023 4:48 AM

You know they fucked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21February 20, 2023 5:38 AM

Raquel was hired to promote many products, both beauty products, high end watches and even Coke. Then, her own line of wigs.

Here's an ad for Clairol True Brunette hair dye.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22February 21, 2023 12:34 AM

Breitling watches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23February 21, 2023 12:37 AM

I liked her on Central Park West.

by Anonymousreply 24February 25, 2023 12:13 AM

Raquel's prior home. Looks similar to her last one, she must like this type of house.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25February 25, 2023 4:37 PM

Raquel gorgeous at 56 on the Rosie O'Donnel Show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26February 27, 2023 5:46 AM

I always liked her, but remember an anecdote from a Bay Area talk show I used to watch in the ‘80s, People Are Talking. The two hosts (Ann Fraser & Ross McGowan) said of all the difficult guests they’ve interviewed, the worst one, bar none, was Raquel. She was on to promote her book, & refused to answer any questions, she kept saying “read the book,” & came across as really egotistical & rude.

They also had Wendy O. Williams on, who went ballistic on Debbi Fields (the cookie magnate). But they apparently liked her more than they liked Raquel!

by Anonymousreply 27February 27, 2023 6:37 AM

[quote]She lived on Beverly Glen Blvd

The house is actually on Beverly Glen Circle, and it's plenty big for a person living on their own. And when you're 82 years old and barely mobile, living across the street from a shopping center is a plus.

by Anonymousreply 28February 27, 2023 6:40 AM

I do find the obsession with net worth, size of house, location, etc very odd.

It's as if a person's worth is only tangible.

I'm sure, reading previous comments, that she was a piece of work, but, never the less, she was a success of her time. Success can come in many forms, not just financial or in bricks and mortar.

I'd be happy drawing my last breath, in her circumstances. I'm pretty sure a lot of other people would be too.

by Anonymousreply 29February 27, 2023 6:57 AM

[quote]I do find the obsession with net worth, size of house, location, etc very odd.

For most people, it is, but for those in Los Angeles, esp Bev Hills, Bel Air, and Hollywood in general, it's a very common topic of discussion and interest. Real Estate is king there.

by Anonymousreply 30February 27, 2023 3:47 PM

Real Estate is king everywhere.

Unfortunately, even for the common folk, people will always be judged by their jobs, their homes, their assets etc.

What's the first thing people ask even when meeting someone for the first time? "What do you do for a living?" People ask this same question at wakes, funerals etc.

by Anonymousreply 31March 3, 2023 1:44 AM

It's been more than two weeks and still no word on final arrangements for RW. Family cannot be keeping remains "on ice" as it were this long; my guess is another case of private service with cremation following.

If remains or cremains were interred somewhere record would show up by now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32March 4, 2023 10:20 PM

The house at Beverly Glen Circle was purchased by Raquel in 2009, then placed under TaDa (TAhnee + DAmon) Living Trust, ca 2014.

by Anonymousreply 33March 4, 2023 10:46 PM

r33 Gosh How do you find out these kind of details?

by Anonymousreply 34March 6, 2023 2:08 AM

The presently deceased Kal Ruttenstein told me Rockie was at the Red Parrot on far West 57th one night in the early 80's when she went into the ladies room, and Liza emerged nude out of a stall trying to entice Raquel to engage in lady sex with her.

by Anonymousreply 35March 7, 2023 12:24 AM

^ please let that be true.

by Anonymousreply 36March 7, 2023 9:29 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37March 7, 2023 9:34 PM

I'll forever love Raquel for her stint in the made for TV film "Scandal in a Small Town". Every minute is pure camp!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38March 7, 2023 9:56 PM

Bless you.

by Anonymousreply 39March 7, 2023 9:58 PM

This is a fun film: appalling script, shot in Spain, a bit of flamenco, Raquel running from a bull while at the height of her beauty. Modesty Blaise vibe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40March 8, 2023 2:03 AM

I thought that was one of her best movies, R40. I liked it and she was good in it.

by Anonymousreply 41March 8, 2023 2:24 AM

The man at the beginning of the clip was the late great comedic actor Richard Briers, from The Good Neighbors TV series. His co-stars were Penelope Keith and Felicity Kendall.

by Anonymousreply 42March 8, 2023 6:41 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!